Kyoto Zero || Jujutsu Kaisen...

By MelMen066

One year before the events of Jujutsu Kaisen, located in central Kyoto. Yoshimori [Y/N] experienced the first... More

Foreword
Chapter 1: Yoshimori [Y/N]
Chapter 2: Enrollment
Chapter 3: Kyoto Tech
Chapter 4: Exercise in Exorcism
Chapter 5: Warm-up
Juju Stroll: Left Out on the Fun
Chapter 6: Potential
Chapter 7: Night Parade of 100 Demons, Part 0
Chapter 9: Night Parade of 100 Demons, Part 2
Juju Stroll: Star Wars Day
Chapter 10: Night Parade of 100 Demons, Part 3
Final Chapter: Breaking Away
Juju Stroll: Outing Ideas
Author's Notes & Extras

Chapter 8: Night Parade of 100 Demons, Part 1

472 11 0
By MelMen066

Art taken from the JJK anime
————————————————————

AROUND 5 HOURS BEFORE THE NIGHT PARADE OF 100 DEMONS
————————————————————

"Please move right this way, ma'am. This area is being evacuated."

"An earthquake has struck the Fushimi ward, so please hurry." You waved.

The Kyoto school had to lie about a giant earthquake striking Fushimi to prevent mass hysteria. You and Mai were stationed around the crowded districts.

And with the help of Chojuro Zenin, you were able to stage and make it seem like a legitimate earthquake had occurred.

"Yoshimori, are there really going to be 1000 curses here tonight?" Mai looked around.

"It's hard to believe, but we really can't underestimate someone like Geto."

Mai held her gun tightly, sweat trickling down her cheek. "Got it."

You took a deep breath, "you've never been particularly open about yourself, Mai."

"So? What makes you think I have to tell you anything?"

"We've been classmates for over a year now. Can you at least tell me how you're feeling once in a while?"

"You're not my therapist."

You really wanted to respect her privacy, but you can't; not when your lives are about to be put on the line.

"I know you don't have a lot of cursed energy."

"Huh?"

"My body automatically absorbs residue from other people's cursed energy. And for a sorcerer, yours is surprisingly little."

"How do you know I'm not just good at covering my residuals?"

You flinched, "huh, you have a point. But we're first years."

"And that means we're gonna be here for another 3. So I'd like to get along with you sooner or later." You rubbed your eyes, "Speaking of which, I still have to write to my parents this month."

"You have a family? What're they like?"

"They're great. Though I don't have a sibling like you do."

"You should be thankful," Mai muttered.

"Hm?"

"It's nothing."

"Truth be told, I miss my mom and dad. And my friends."

"Why'd you... leave it all behind? Wouldn't it be better to just move on after what happened to your friend? It was an accident, and you'd still have everyone else you lo-"

"I couldn't live with myself if I chalked up her death to an accident. It's selfish, I know. But lying to myself about what really happened... It's not right."

Mai cringed, "gross. You're starting to sound like my sister."

"Huh?! I thought you wanted to know! Was all of that for nothing?!"

You were frustrated, but you caught a glimpse of her smiling. She took a deep breath and held her gun more comfortably.

"Thanks, though. Now I have someone new to take out my anger on-I mean..." She playfully winked at you.

Mai's scary.

————————————————————

As the clock struck 8pm, you braced yourself for the battle. Black goo drooped over the sky, engulfing the entirety of the Fushimi ward. End to end, in every nook and cranny spawned curses of different kinds.

You looked around, scanning for any curse users that might be involved. Someone appeared from behind you. He was shirtless like Todo-senpai, but the weirdest thing about him were his... heart-shaped

"So, Geto left us to fight these guys. Well, the strong ones are gathered in Tokyo, so this should be fine."

"Mai... Guns don't work on curses, right?"

"They're far better on curse users," she slipped a few bullets into her revolver.

"Run along home, kids. Master Geto's orders are to massacre, but killing young sorcerers leaves a bad taste in my mouth."

You drew your baton. "Wash it off."

————————————————————

"You're the heir of the Kamo clan, correct?"

"That's right."

"It's an honor to battle someone of such high standing in Jujutsu society."

"You flatter me." Kamo-senpai pulled on his bowstring.

"Blood Manipulation: Piercing Blood!"

The blood-stained arrow hardened and formed an impossibly sharp edge, heading directly towards the curse user.

"Redirection."

Right as the tip of the arrow was about to strike, he opened his covered eye and changed its trajectory completely.

"What?" Kamo-senpai jumped down to have a hand-to-hand fight. "Who are you?"

"Negi Toshihisa. You'd do well to remember that."

Kamo-senpai blitzed in his direction to get up close, getting faster with every punch. Negi was pushed back several paces with how strong each strike was.

"You're a strong one."

"Likewise."

He kicked Negi and drew out his bow again, this time with more blood on the arrows. The blood controlled the movements of his projectiles and came at Negi from different angles.

"I really don't wanna kill sorcerers!" An arrow grazed him from behind. "Master Geto doesn't like it either."

"Then don't. Bringing that up now is foolish."

"You don't get it... Even though I don't like killing, I'm not going easy on you." He stepped back to get a look at all the arrows and raised his hand.

"Because Master Geto did his best for our kind, too. That's why..."

He turned all the arrows to face directly at Kamo-senpai.

"I'm not about to give him any less!"

————————————————————

"Mechamaru! Can you handle the bigger ones?"

"Yeah. Watch your back, Miwa."

The two of them scurried back and forth, swinging swords and blasting curses from every direction. A group of small ones gathered around Miwa, forcing her to use the New Shadow Style.

"Miwa!"

"I got this!" She drew her katana, now glowing blue. "Batto!"

In one fell swoop, she eliminated everything around her, leaving behind only small chunks of the curses left.

"Woah! That's a big one!" She pointed at a giant curse walking along the street.

There were several others flocking around it, giving the impression of a swarm over the sky.

"I'll handle that one." Mechamaru drew out his exhausts and activated them, setting ablaze and bringing him straight under the curse's feet.

"Yoshimori helped me make this one for emergency purposes, but..." His hand cannons glowed and started buzzing. "I'll take them all out in one go."

Pointing both his mouth and hands skyward, he braced himself for recoil. Every bit of machinery clicked into place before he fired.

"Mode: Albatross..." He mumbled, "Ultimate Cannon!"

The blast hammered him to the ground, sending a titanic heat wave into the sky and cremating everything in its path. The attack bore a hole into the clouds, allowing sunlight to pass through.

Miwa froze in place, admiring the view until she remembered.

"Ah! Mechamaru, are you okay? You're... buried pretty deep, there." She stared down into the pavement.

"I can't move."

"I'll get help right away!"

"No, it's fine." Another Mechamaru walked up to her. "I brought spares, just in case."

"Right. What was that, though?"

"Mode Albatross: Ultimate Cannon."

"What a mouthful... Wasn't Yoshimori the one who came up with that move?"

"Yeah." He grumbled, "he was too excited to consider that I can't handle that level of output."

"I'm sure you'll get better at it." Miwa pumped her fist in the air, "you two have a lot in common, though."

"Like?"

"Yoshimori spent a long time trying to name his technique. Kinda like you." She raised her palm, "Conveyance!"

Mechamaru kept walking.

"Mechamaru? Did I do something?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.4K 1.4K 32
A Jujutsu Kaisen fanfiction. Ryomen Sukuna x Reader. Y/N not knowing her own identity, was taken in into Tokyo Jujutsu High. When the cruel King of C...
5.7K 202 21
A story about a boy and his partner trying to keep each other and everyone around them safe Note: I don't own any of the characters except for my own...
100K 2K 14
Everyone considers you as one of the two strongest sorcerers equivalent to Gojo Satoru, your partner, colleague, and best friend. You take charge of...
136K 3.4K 40
Y/n has always been an outcast and the spectator of her own life but what will happen when one day she wakes up to find herself stuck in a manga that...