๐’๐ˆ๐‘๐„๐, แต–แต‰แตƒแตสธ แต‡หกโฑ...

Door -fairyxkiss

"๐ฆ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ... Meer

๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ
๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น
๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต
๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ
๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž ๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ
๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น
๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ

๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต

2.3K 92 62
Door -fairyxkiss

"Do you want to find out?"

•*•

It had finally become the day that the Morelli woman had been anxiously waiting for.

   Her heels had echoed down the desolate halls, the briefcase in her right hands holding every necessary piece of information that would either make her proposal a go or a complete failure.
But the latter wasn't an option. She was leaving this building with an agreement or a confession. Cause for damn sure, her proposal held much value for everyone.

Her strides remained steady, the darkest ochre hues of her eyes told anyone she was prepared for whatever was to come. She wasn't nervous, she was calm. Her relaxed nature was built with a un-staggering confidence that could cause anyone to stumble back.

Though she was to miss the auction in Doncaster, there would at least be another win today. She was sure of it.

Approaching two double doors, a man stood outside of it analyzing the woman coming forth. He didn't seem to spare her a longing glance, he knew what she was here for. Not paying any mind to the nearing woman, the well dressed man opened the doors for her to walk through. Giving him a small nod in passing, Leticia continued her strides into the large room.

Quickly running her eyes over the decor of the room, she hummed in her head at the structure of the very space. A wide table sat in the middle surrounded by unoccupied cushioned chairs, three men having already situated in their seats. Portraits lined the walls in brass framing, a delicate floral painted vase sat on a smaller side table near a bookshelf filled to the brim with hard spine books.

The Morelli woman brought her eyes back to the massive table taking up most of the space in the room. Choosing the spot directly in front of the men, Lettie stood in front of her chair, her leather briefcase plopping ontop the wooden surface causing the noise to blare in the quiet room.

The men looked to one another silently before the man between the other two stood up, the rest following his movements politely. Nodding his head to the only woman in the room, the fellow in a black tie greeted, "Miss Morelli, I presume?"

Interlocking her hands in front of her, the curly haired brunette gave her own short nod in respect, "Indeed, I am. You must be Director Spencer Collins."

A small smile broke out on his lips as his hands remained placed behind his back, "Yes, ma'am," looking to his colleagues who stood beside him, he continued introducing them, "This is Attorney William Sharpe and Doctor Richard Thompson."

The Sharpe man gave her a quick nod but immediately adverted his stare, his hands trying to find something to do but in the end had fell short. Lettie then came to the conclusion this was the person she'd have more trouble getting across too. It seemed he already had his own opinions in mind.

The doctor of the group kept his poise professional as he walked over from his spot near his chair to shake her hand, "Pleasure to put a face to the name of the woman Mister Adams spoke so highly about."

Gripping his hand, her red lips kept their straight line though a short tilt grew present, "Pleasure is mutual, Doctor."

Giving her one last glance he made his way back to his seat. Once they were all aquatinted with one another, the four individuals took their seats. The Director took ahold of the glasses on the table before placing them over his eyes, his hand holding a piece of paper that he had been going over before her entrance.

Looking up from the paper, he began the meeting, "Speaking of Mister Adams. I heard he won't be attending this very meeting."

In the process of taking her gloves off, she replied without stall, "You are correct. As you know, he resides in New York. Unfortunately, he was called to work under short notice."

Giving a nod in acknowledgment, the Director went to speak, but it was William who voiced his thoughts first, "What a shame."

The tone of his voice rung very clear. If it wasn't blatant boredom then it was definitely annoyance, Leticia knew she'd most definitely have trouble with this one.

Shuffling the papers on the table, the Sharpe man cleared his throat before beginning, "Well, let's commence this meeting accordingly."

The Director could already sense some hostility so he took over smoothly. Shifting his posture in his chair, Samuel agreed, "Yes, Let's begin," interlacing his fingers on top of the table, he stated, "Mister Adams went over your proposal with us and I can start off by saying I am intrigued to say the least."

"How so?" Crossing her leg over the other, she leaned her forearms on the arms of the chair casually.

Running his eyes over the information in front of him, the Director blew out a breath not knowing where to begin, "Well, for starters, you are merely twenty-five years old and have already achieved what a man can a decade your senior," reading more off of the list, he announced in what sounded like pride, "You have an impressive history, Miss Morelli."

Her poised nature stood untouched as her gaze switched between every one of them, her soft voice lowering in pitch but reaching the right volume to sound through their ears, "Well, when you envision yourself with better you work hard for it. Just like you three men before me," she knew the means of reaching a certain point in one's career, and she was certain they knew all about it, too. Even some more than others, "No doubt you put blood, sweat, and tears into your success."

Pinpointing her hazel eyes onto the only disapproving man in the circle, her impassive features held a cunning demeanor, "Wouldn't you agree, Mister Sharpe?"

The Morelli knew for sure the three men were not innocent. They had all done their own wrongful deeds to get where they are in their position. The realization was a shocker. It took not even a second before Lettie was able to see the change in their features. As the men in power stared at the curly haired brunette, they could foresee their future. For if they made one wrong move, she'd be the one to destroy it.

Besides, no one should ever tease a snake. No one truly knows the venom in a bite unless they have been struck with it themselves. William was the only one to react. His defensiveness was a dead ringer that he was a man who held guilt but tried to prove to himself time and time again that he was in the right. His tone held a stiffness that was hardened like stone, he didn't like that she was getting under his skin. And he was mad that he had let her, "Are you insinuating something, Miss Morelli?"

Switching her golden irises to his, she pierced through his with faux innocence, "Yes," she knew how to play her words just right, "I'm insinuating that you all worked hard to get where you are obviously," furrowing her brows in dramatic confusion, Lettie questioned in an angelic voice, "What do you mean, Mister Sharpe?"

The emphasis on 'you' and the intent behind the usage did not go unheard. He was trying to be made out as a fool. Leticia wanted to catch him in his rawest form to display to the viewers on the side. So that they could see the shallow man that he was. Like said before, no one in the room was innocent.

"We are here to discuss your proposal. A proposal in which is impossible, Miss Morelli. What you ask of is preposterous." William did not hold back. He had seen clearly how devoted she was, he didn't think she'd play dirty. After all, men knew it best but women played it expertly.

Switching her gaze once again to the three men in front of her, she pursed her lips, "Impossible or intolerable?" heaving a light sigh, the brunette quipped, "We all know what you truly mean."

Gesturing a hand to the stone faced man, Lettie urged casually, "Go on. Say it."

Sparing a glance at the two men beside him, the Sharpe man cleared his throat before shifting in his seat. Facing the woman, he spoke strongly, "Miss Morelli, a business is hard to establish. Let alone a medical facility, a facility which takes patience, knowledge, skills," placing a hand on the table, William got his point across, "And a woman of your...stature is not fit to handle such responsibility."

"Mister Sharpe-" the Director goes to cut forth not liking the tone the attorney was using but a soft voice had interrupted his efforts.

Raising a hand up, Leticia halts the man's words politely. She had expected this to be said some time throughout this meeting, she didn't think so soon. Straightening her posture, she refuted, "You're an attorney, Mister Sharpe. You have raving reviews from your previous clients. They speak of your noble deeds," piercing her hazel eyes onto his stiff figure, she never broke, "You advocate on behalf of your clients legal rights whether it be for criminal or civil cases. I know all of that because you see, Mister Sharpe, I have an attorney of my own,"

Opening her briefcase swiftly, the curly haired brunette pulled a manila folder out and placed it in front of her. Attaching her fingertips to the top of the cream folder she slid it over the rectangular table to stop in front of the Sharpe man, "The Black Cat, sound familiar? I heard it's your favorite. Like every other bar you drink booze, you get high on the powder, that's no secret," the Morelli woman watched as the man slowly opened the folder, his eyes telling it all as he saw what exactly was being revealed on the sheets, "We all know what happens when the alcohol consumes. Lips become loose and ears become...insatiable. I have friends. And they have friends and then they have friends. Who know things that could easily...disrupt your plans for the future of your career,"

Taking a cigarette out of her silver case, she placed one between her lips before igniting it, "You wouldn't want that information to get out to the administrators of your company. We all know what happens to men like you, don't you?" Pulling the white stick away from her red lips, the hazy smoke blew out into the air along with her taunting words, "Do you want to find out?"

The guilty man she was looking straight at didn't move a muscle, his face holding a stern impassiveness but anyone would be able to recognize the engulfing fear that poured through his eyes from the information he never wanted anyone to know. But she wasn't just speaking to him, she was speaking to everyone even though not directly.

The Doctor and the Director sat bewildered at the turn of events that happened in a blink of an eye. Her words rung clear. As they followed the movements of her hands buckling the briefcase back shut, they all knew. There was more beyond in that black leather case about each and every one of their lives that would put each of them and their families to shame.

They didn't know how she came to know. But even before the meeting was to end, they were all certain of one thing. Even women could play dirty.

Straightening her head from its tilted position, her index and middle finger still holding her cigarette, her lips formed into a small closed mouth grin, "Now that we've got that out the way. Let's finally talk business, shall we?" Lifting her head up defiantly, she never diverted her gaze from the three, "You speak of patience, knowledge, and skills. Well, I have plenty to say and I think it best if you listen."

***********

On the ride back to Small Heath, Lettie had caught Don up on everything that the meeting had entailed. The Morelli woman knew she had gotten under their skin, that was her plan. If she wanted success, she knew she'd have to play just as unfair. That's the only language businessmen in this society fully understood.

The burly man was proud of the fellow Siren leader. She held her own and proved once again she wasn't as easy to be let down because of her status or lack of masculine essence. By the end of her informing him with what exactly went down in the room, he was undoubtedly sure she had wavered their decision.

After the relentless morning she had, she had thought best she'd wind down and re-collect her thoughts. Whenever her life would get hectic or she needed space to herself, horses were always the cure. So changing into more comfortable clothes, she headed down to her newly established horse stable on the outskirts of Small Heath. It reminded her of her homeland stable she'd visit when she was a little girl. It brought peace, a time to recoup when life would get messy.

A break for just a moment.

Saddling up the horse, Lettie then took her time waltzing the beautiful beast around the riding hall. She cooed softly to the brown creature when he would rile up or get antsy.

Leticia had lost track of time at the stables. The air had grown colder and still she wanted to stay. She was too caught up in her own world that's she hadn't noticed a figure standing not far from where she was, watching her movements gingerly.

Thomas Shelby stood with his hands tucked into his trouser pockets, a lit cigarette dangling between his lips as his eyes kept their target in his gaze. He squinted his eyes through the small breeze that had passed, a hand coming out from his pocket to take the white stick away from his mouth as the smoke billowed out from the slit of his lips.

His eyes took in her figure mindlessly. Her hair was pulled away from her face to prevent blockage throughout the riding. The dark trousers she wore hugged her waist but the flowy fabric went down her legs to create a baggy look that stayed tucked into her mud boots. And still her beauty never faltered.

The Morelli woman still hadn't noticed his presence as she climbed off the horse, immediately grabbing a hold of the reigns in her hand gently. Placing her free hand on the mane of the horse, she glided it down in rhythmic motions. Even from afar, Tommy could hear the whisper of her voice send encouraging words to the brown beast.

Walking back to the open stall, Lettie then raised her head, her eyes instantly connecting onto the Shelby man's figure leaned up against the wooden post casually. Her legs had slowed down, but her pace never stopped. Walking until she stood in front of the man, Lettie questioned, "Who told you I was here?"

Inhaling the smoke from his cigarette, Tommy pulled the stick away from his mouth, his face peaking out from his cap as he caught her eyes for a moment. Shaking his head ever so softly, he ashed his white stick as he replied, "You weren't at the shop. Figured you'd be at the next best place."

In that moment, the trainer for the Morelli stables walked over to take the reins of the horse off of her hands. The curly haired brunette thanked the man before bidding a last caress to the beautiful creature. Turning in the direction in which the Shelby man was faced, Lettie slowly began walking, Tommy quickly following her steps.

Removing her gloves, Leticia spoke quietly, "I don't come by enough. Thought I'd finally pay a visit. I needed some peace from the morning I had."

Thomas could sense some lingering irritation in her voice. He knew about the meeting she had, she had caught him up on her next business move she had been planning. He wasn't shocked to say the least, he believed her point was worth fighting for.

Keeping his gaze to the front of him, Tommy remarked, "Care to share?"

Heaving a low sigh, Lettie shook her head, her curls falling in front of her eyes, "Just the usual. Sinful men trying to justify their actions all the while chastising others."

Taking a cigarette from his outstretched hand holding his case, Lettie put it between her lips. Their walk had halted for a brief second as she leaned forward to the flame that was lit by the Shelby man. Fixing her hair from the light wind, she then directed the attention on to Thomas, "Well, you know about my day. I bet yours was just as eventful, am I right, Mister Shelby?"

Pursing his lips, he nodded his head at her words slightly. If only she knew...

"Aye," looking down to his shoes, the dirt cloud kicked up from the ground drawing his eyesight there for a moment, "And my eventful day has led me here," placing the cig into the corner of his mouth, he continued, "I have something for you," then digging into the inside of his coat pocket, he retrieved folded pieces of papers, "Maybe this will turn your day around, eh?"

Stopping in their tracks, Lettie looked to the papers in his hand before looking back to him. Quirking his eyebrow at her, she finally had reached forward to take them from his grasp curiously. Placing the cigarette between her own lips, she then unfolded the paper with both hands before reading.

Her scrunched eyes ran over the ink before everything had clicked. Thomas watched as her face relaxed every muscle in her features, her mouth had parted slightly causing the white stick to dangle limply against the chap of her lips. Leticia couldn't form any words as her eyes remained glued to the sheet.

The Shelby man nodded his head to her figure before he started to explain, "I know you wanted that Arab filly. When you told me about your change in plans, an idea struck me," keeping his icy blue eyes trained on her, he went on, "We take the horse and put her into the Derby races. It gives us a leeway into the Derby without raising suspicion," Leticia raised her head up from the paper, her eyes connecting with his in a stillness. Looking out into the distance, Tommy squinted his eyes from the wind, "I put the filly under your care. She is signed to the Morelli Stables, I trust your trainer will do his duty. I need her fit and ready."

Shuffling through the papers slowly, Leticia took the cigarette between her fingers once again in silence. Running her eyes over the papers for the second time in disbelief, Lettie whispered, "Tommy..." raising her eyes to his, she quietly said, "Why are you doing this?"

She was confused by his actions. Thomas Shelby didn't give gifts freely. She was caught by surprise, Lettie wasn't expecting the Shelby man to pull a move like this. Though she thought his idea was a good one. Having the horse to get closer to entail, but she wondered why this horse and why was he putting it in her care? Yes, she had wanted the filly, but why did Thomas go out of his way to get it just for her?

The man's stony features hadn't changed but his eyes had grown soft. Turning his head just the slightest, he spoke gruffly, "You deserve it. And in those times you can't make it to certain events..." a short pause took place before Tommy confessed, "I will make sure I do."

Taking a step closer to him, Lettie peered into his eyes wanting to find the answer she was looking for, "Why?"

Looking down to the ground, the Shelby man twiddled with his thumb and ring finger as he finally revealed his answer, "One thing I did come to find out over the years," lifting his eyes to meet hers. Hazel eyes met blue ones, "I'd do anything for you, Miss Morelli."

It was a dead ringer in her ears. She remembered when she had voiced the same confession in his office.

As they gazed at one another, neither had wanted to break apart. It had been a while since they've held a conversation at such a distance. It seems these days their chats were always short, not much being said except for the materials of business.

The twinkle of her golden irises made him feel at peace. But, of course, the peace never lasts.

This time it was Thomas who broke the gaze as he turned his head to stare behind him, his hand lifting to his mouth to inhale another puff. Clearing his throat, he sent her a nod before taking his leave, "Good day."

Before the Shelby man could get far, Lettie called out to him after glancing at the papers once more, "What's her name?"

Keeping his body turned half way to face the Morelli woman, he shook his head ever so softly, his words reaching her ears through the wind, "Haven't found one fitting."

And as Lettie watched him take his leave, she had longed for him. The past couple weeks, something in her had changed. After her talk with Kennedy, a spark had ignited in her heart once again. A feeling she hadn't felt in a long time. And it was all for Thomas Shelby. Her everything and ruination all in one.

***********

In the illuminated room of the Morelli woman's kitchen sat the woman herself accompanied with Lizzie Stark, a tall woman who she had grown close to in the last few weeks. Their friendship had happened unexpectedly, but neither of them would change a thing.

Picking up the kettle from the table, Lettie poured them each a cup as they continued their chat at the table.

"I heard there's going to be another showing at the pictures. It's a romance, but quite frankly I've grown tired of the genre." The Stark woman voiced her thoughts as she lifted her cup to her mouth to lightly blow on the hot liquid.

Humming softly, Leticia raised an eyebrow as she agreed with the woman, "At this point I would fancy a tom mix, or..." Lizzie quirked an eyebrow in humor as Lettie prodded on, "I've aways liked Charlie Chaplin. He is an entertaining fellow."

Hearing a snicker across from her, Leticia looked up to see the face of Lizzie who tried to contain her laughter. The curly haired brunette formed her own smile as she questioned, "What?"

Waving a hand, Lizzie shrugged it off with a last chuckle, "Nothing. It's just, we both know that's not true," taking a sip of her drink, the Stark woman kept her grin, "Romance is our forte. Love is the language for women, it's in our hearts."

This time it was Leticia's turn to exhale a couple of laughs. Lizzie formed a small smile at the sound, tilting her head questionably, "What's so funny?" Reaching over the table to smack her lightly in the arm with a towel that laid on top of the table, she began to chuckle with her, "Stop laughing."

Leaning away from the smacks, Lettie looked to Lizzie as she raised her cup, "You should be a poet."

Shaking her head, Lizzie stated softly, "Oh, don't be silly."

"I'm not joking. It could be a hidden talent of yours." Lettie took a sip from her own cup before setting it down. Reaching for her pack of smokes that sat on the table, she retrieved one before passing one over to the taller woman.

Leaning back in her seat after lighting her white stick, the Stark woman huffed, "Right. That'll be the day."

Bringing her own match to the end of her cigarette, the Morelli woman blew out her smoke before crossing her leg over her other. Leaning her elbow on the arm rest, she propped her arm up right as she looked to the Stark woman in thought. Lettie could clearly see that Lizzie Stark held faux confidence. Though some of it may be true, Lizzie lacked confidence within her own abilities.

Leticia had been pondering over an idea for the past few days that she was sure would be a great one if it followed through perfectly. Squinting her eyes slightly, Lettie clicked her tongue before leaning forward to ash her stick on the tray. Wanting to voice her very idea, the hazel eyed beauty began, "You and I are good friends, Lizzie, yes?"

Startled by the question, Lizzie turned her head to face the woman in front of her. Furrowing her eyebrows, the Stark woman folded her arms over her chest with a simple nod, "Yes, I would say that."

Leaning back in her chair, Lettie grew a quick closed mouth smile on her red stained lips. Keeping her face impassive, Lettie swung her foot lightly back and forth as she asked, "You know what I do, right? In my line of work."

Nodding her head once again, Lizzie retorted with a shrug, "You're a business woman."

Nodding her head slowly as well, Leticia questioned again, "And do you know what that entails?"

Sitting up straighter in her seat, the Stark woman grew apprehensive. She knew what Lettie did, there was no questions there. Lizzie didn't judge her, in her eyes she was helping people. Rubbing her thumb on her ring finger, the woman curiously asked, "What are you getting at, Lettie?"

Sticking her cigarette between the part of her lips, Lettie inhaled another puff, "I remember you mentioning you're taking a correspondence course. I need a favor from you," patting the table, Lettie got up from her seat as she walked out the room and into her study. Lizzie turned her head to follow the woman's movements as she stayed in her seat. Hearing the clacks of her heels on the floorboards coming back to the kitchen, Lizzie observed as the Morelli woman came back but this time she had something situated in her hands.

Placing the object in front of the taller woman, Lettie talked delicately as her white stick dangled between her lips, "I need you to type out a letter for me if you don't mind."

Lizzie looked to the typewriter that sat in front of her then back to the curly haired gypsy, her face indicating she was perplexed, "What? Lettie, I..."

"What are you currently learning in your course?" Lettie took her previous seat as she asked in wonder.

Lizzie took a moment before responding. shaking her head lightly from her still present confusion, the Stark woman looked off, "Uh, well, I've been learning how to type with my eyes shut. It's a difficult task."

Lettie nodded her head as she sipped the last remnants of her tea, "All right, well then, go on. Close your eyes," waiting for the woman to shut her eyes, Lettie carried on, "It's like cognitive hearing. You listen and type what I say, got it?"

Nodding her head softly, Lizzie kept her stare on the woman before bringing her eyesight to the typewriter in front of her. Heaving a breath, the Stark woman licked her lips before shutting her eyes. Placing her hands on the keys, she waited for the Morelli woman to speak.

Lettie ashed her cigarette before beginning, "To whom this may concern,"

The clicking of buttons were heard until a halt was made, Lizzie opening her eyes as she sagged her shoulders, a small chuckle leaving her lips, "Really, Lettie, what is this?"

Waving her hand gently, the Morelli woman urged playfully, "Close your eyes, come on," getting up from her seat, Lettie walked over to Lizzie's side. Placing her hand over the short haired woman's eyes, Lizzie laughed once more at the absurdity of what was happening, "Stay focused. You ready?"

Lizzie nodded her head, her eyes remaining closed behind Lettie's hand that was blocking her vision. Leticia slowly retracted her hand, looking down to the woman's face to make sure her eyes were truly shut. Clearing her throat, Lettie walked away from the woman taking slow steps around the table as she spoke, "To whom this may concern, I bring forth this approach to recommend a new position in the medicinal corporation. In which, this company is in need of a new managing assistant. If this role is to be filled, the person will be paid fairly with a monthly gathering of nine pounds four shillings..."

Lizzie slowly opened her eyes as she stopped typing suddenly in a frozen state. Lifting her head to meet the side profile of the Morelli woman, she parted her lips completely speechless.

Lettie turned her head after the sound of tapping of the keys was heard no more. Crossing her arms over her chest, Leticia questioned in nonchalance, "Was I going too fast?"

Still the Stark woman hadn't spoke. Lettie walked back over to her seat, setting her backside down gently onto the wooden surface. Butting her cigarette out, Leticia began to explain, "Why me?"

Lettie placed her hands on the table as she leaned forward, her hazel eyes piercing into the woman across from her, "My previous assistant now takes place in New York, she takes care of business there for me. So, right now, I am without one," pursing her lips, Lettie began to list the roles, "If you were to take the position, your duties would be in regard to dispatch of business and maintenance of paperwork."

Lizzie shook her head in disbelief, she couldn't believe the opportunity that was being presented to her, "Lettie, I..."

Leaning forward even more on the table, the curly haired gypsy placed a soft hand over Lizzie's gingerly. The intensity in her eyes shown strongly as she never faltered, "That means no more of what you used to do. No more sleazy men, no more skimpy money," the watery eyes of the Stark woman placed her hand over Lettie's after feeling an encouraging squeeze, "You deserve this, Lizzie."

Shaking her hands gently, Lettie formed a small closed mouth grin in anticipation, "So, what do you say?"

Lizzie rolled her lips into her mouth as she closed her eyes briefly. Opening them once more after composing herself, Lizzie nodded her head slowly before it became more positively sure. Lizzie's lip slightly trembled as she whispered, "Thank you."

Lettie smiled before patting her hands lightly, "Welcome to the team, Lizzie," leaning back in her seat, the smile she once had turned into a smirk, "You start tomorrow."

Amends were to be made. Something was nearing right around the corner. Whether it was lies and deception or greed and death, something was coming. Everyone get their needs in order, before it's too late.

14 may 2022
not edited

*•*•*•*•*•*•

how are my lovely human beings doing? <3
i miss you all!

yes it's still a little on the slow side but things will pick up i promise. i hope you guys at least still enjoyed it! i'm wanted this season to mainly focus on lettie and her rise and growth in business and her own gang. she started independent and will continue to be independent, along with the shelby's, her life in business will continue to grow as well.

i have started writing the next chapter and i can say there is a total of four left!! i am so excited! honestly i just want tommy and lettie together already:,)

anyways i wish you all the best<3

xx,
-monet'

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

43.2K 1.4K 20
How did I go from growing up to breaking down? ยฉmen_lover status: in progress
144K 3.8K 31
As kids, they'd been convinced they'd hate each other forever. But when Bryce's life began to fall apart at the seams, Tommy was always trying to pie...
6.2K 230 7
- ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก the Shelby family think they've finally been set free from Freddie Thorne. Until.. or - ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก the younger sister of Fred...
169K 3.7K 24
The Shelby brothers, The Peaky Blinders and her.