The Prince's Bride | Eren x f...

By suga_senpaixx

Paradis, 1879. Although from forbidden worlds, you and the prince can not help but be intrigued by one anoth... More

The Servants Daughter
The Competition
The Prince's Best Friend

Truth be Told

23 1 0
By suga_senpaixx

                       0:00 ───|────── 0:00
      "Thank U, Next" by Vitamin String Quartet
                      AKA the Bridgerton version

~

The first two weeks of the competition had, for lack of better words, dragged on painfully. Eren had gone on many dates around the palace and village with some of the eligible ladies.

It seemed that whenever I wanted some quiet time, there he was with someone.

I sat on the fourth story balcony, reading my book. It was a beautiful summer day, and the sun felt so nice on my face. I had the whole afternoon to myself before I had to meet Eila and Jean for dinner.

The balcony doors swung open abruptly, revealing Eren and a petite blonde girl. They were laughing, but stopped when they saw me.

"Oh!" the girl exclaimed, surprised to see me. "My apologies, we didn't know anyone was here."

I press my lips together and force a smile. "Please, don't apologize."

I close my book and standup, making my way towards the balcony entrance. Eren and the petite blonde moved out of the way.

My eyes flicker to the prince briefly, and I bow my head. "Your highness."

He nods, frowning. I roll my eyes and continue to walk back into the castle.

The castle seemed empty, probably because most of the girls were busy with Eila learning proper princess etiquette.

I never wanted to be one of them, but I always wondered what it would be like.

I wandered around the halls of the castle, trying to waste time as I waited for my friends. Eventually I ended up spending some time in the kitchen with Jeans mom, testing food for the upcoming ball.

A sudden burst through the kitchen doors startled me, and revealed my mother.

"Mom?"

"Oh darling, I need your help with decorations for the ball." my mother said, taking my hand and pulling me through the doors and into the ball room.

All afternoon, I help my mother with decorations. The theme was gold and white. There were gold details on the ballroom wall, so it fit the theme perfectly.

A few of the ladies would walk by occasionally, but I paid no attention to them.

After some time had past, Eila found me in the ballroom.

"Here you are." she smiles.

"Hi," I say, smiling back. "How was training?"

Eila rolled her eyes. "Dreadful, I wish you were there."

I laugh. "Maybe next time I can sit in."

Eila laughs and starts to help me put up decorations. "Are you going to attend this thing tonight?"

I shrug. "I'm not too sure... do you think I should?"

"That depends on if you want to see all those ladies with Eren."

I make a face, pretending I don't know what she's talking about. "What are you-"

"Don't even," she sighs. "You talk a lot when you're drunk."

Mortified, I avoid eye contact. "Well... I don't know what I said but I can explain!"

"No need, I'm not upset." she says placing her hand on my arm. Her smile quickly fades. "But you know what kind of a situation he is in.... Why would you put yourself in this position?"

"I couldn't help it." I sigh.

"There are plenty of other gentlemen, better, much nicer gentlemen!" she exclaims, her mouth twitching up. "You had to choose the royal asshole."

I smile. "He's not an asshole... he's kind and thoughtful." I think back to my birthday night.

Eila studies my face and smiles to herself. "Oh my goodness, you're smitten."

I roll my eyes. "Please, can we change the subject."

Eila nudges me playfully. "I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Trust me, Eren has zero feelings towards me." I say. "So you don't have to worry about that."

I finish decorating and turn to Eila. "I don't think I will come tonight."

Eilas smile fades again, but she doesn't push me on this. Instead she nods her head and says, "Okay."

*

I sat in my room, while everyone was at the ball. Maybe I acted in haste, saying I didn't want to go....

Oh well.

I decide to get ready for bed, as I had nothing better to do. Both of my friends were at the ball probably having a good time befriending all the ladies.

I took my hair out of the braid it had been in all day, and let it fall beside my face. I put on my nearly sheer night dress, and threw my robe on over it.

I picked up my book and made my way to the only balcony on the west side of the castle. Nobody ever came here, so I was not worried about anyone seeing me.
I sat down on one of the benches and began to read my book.

Time passed quickly, and I soon realized that carriages were leaving the palace. I stand up and lean over the balcony, watching as some of the guests were departing.

"Where were you tonight?" a soft yet stern voice spoke behind me.

I didn't turn. I already knew who it was.

"Here." I replied, leaning my chin on my hand.

"Why? There was a ball." his royal highness said, sounding slightly annoyed.

I turn my head. "I am very aware that there was a ball."

Eren sighs. "I would have liked it if you came."

I roll my eyes and turn back towards the carriages. "Should you not be saying goodbye to your guests."

I pause but then turn back around to face him. "Or perhaps, saying goodnight to another young lady?"

Eren's eyes narrow. I've hit a nerve.

"You sound jealous." he says crossing his arms, leaning against the balcony door frame.

I scoff.

I was.

But I would never tell him that.

"No." I say, picking up my book and storming past him and back down the hallway, towards my room.

Eren quickly tries to catch up to me, calling out my name. I ignore him until he's too close.

Just as I am approaching my door, he grabs my hand, spinning me around.

"What is wrong?" he asks, his face inches from mine.

"Nothing." I mumble, backing up.

Eren noticed me backing away from him, so he takes a few steps towards me. We continue this until I feel the face of my door against my back.

Ugh.

A small smirk creeps onto the princes face, which makes me mad. What was he trying to do?

"I just want to go to bed." I sigh reaching for the door handle.

Eren grabs the handle before me but doesn't open the door. Instead he holds it shut.

"I want to talk to you." he mumble. "Why weren't you at the ball?"

I roll my eyes again. "I didn't want to go tonight, is that a problem?"

"No," he sighs. "But your best friends were there."

"Okay?"

"There must have been another reason?"

I sigh. Yes there was another reason, I didn't want to see girls all over him all night.

"I-I just... didn't want to go..." I mumble.

Eren's eyes narrow and he leans his head down. He sighs when he realizes I won't say anything else, and takes a step back from the door.

He removes his hand off the door handle and instead leans against the wall. "Okay."

I hesitate, but then open my door. I walk into my room and put my book down on my vanity.

I feel Eren's presence still at the door.

We stare at eachother for a moment then he speaks again in a more hushed tone. "What is the real reason you didn't come?"

Annoyed, I furrowed my eyebrows and say, "Why do you care?".

Eren sighs and runs his hands through his hair obviously very frustrated with me. "For gods sakes will you just tell me the real reason why you did not come tonight? I know something is wrong!"

"Because I did not want to see girls throw themselves at you all night!" I yell.

Then I realize what I had said.

Oh god.

"You... what?" Eren says shaking his head. "Why would that matter?"

I make a face. Surly his royal highness was not a royal dumbass.

"Nevermind." I mumble, walking towards the door. "Good night, your highness." I say, starting to close the door, but Eren wedges his foot in between the frame and the door.

His face had softened and his voice was calm.

"Please," he pleads. "Talk to me."

"There's nothing to say." I sigh, looking down at the ground. "It wouldn't change anything anyways."

Eren gently tilts my chin up so I am now looking at him. He tucks lose strands of hair behind my ear and whispers, "what if I told you it would?"

His eyes glistened and a small smile formed on his lips. His hand pulled my face towards his, and the next thing I knew my lips were on his.

They were warm and plump, but tasted like the whiskey he drank during the ball. The kiss was gentle and sweet, and I did not want it to end.

But it did.

Eren pulled back, pressing his lips together. I stepped back a bit, trying really hard not to blush, but it was no use.

"I should get to bed." I say, avoiding eye contact. "Goodnight."

Eren looked like he wanted to say something, but he just nodded his head and left the west wing.

I did not get much sleep. My mind was racing, wondering what that kiss meant.

*****

HIIII it's been a while. I have been very busy with life but i'm BACK

xo suga_senpaixx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.4K 3.4K 34
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
937K 57.5K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
427K 29K 43
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
444K 6.8K 81
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...