Rooming with Chase

By book_bitch07

I run out of the shower and crash into somebody making us both fall to the floor. What is it with me and cras... More

~PREFACE~
~CHARACTER AESTHETICS~
~PROLOGUE~
~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15~
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~CHAPTER 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~
~CHAPTER 34~
~CHAPTER 35~
~CHAPTER 36~
~CHAPTER 37~
~CHAPTER 38~
~CHAPTER 39~
~CHAPTER 40~
~CHAPTER 41~
~CHAPTER 42~
~CHAPTER 43~
~CHAPTER 44~
~CHAPTER 45~
~CHAPTER 46~
~CHAPTER 47~
~CHAPTER 48~
~CHAPTER 49~
~CHAPTER 50~
~CHAPTER 51~
~CHAPTER 52~
~CHAPTER 53~
~CHAPTER 54~
~CHAPTER 55~
~CHAPTER 56~
~CHAPTER 57~
~CHAPTER 58~
~CHAPTER 59~
~CHAPTER 60~
~EPILOGUE~
Next Book!!

~CHAPTER 33~

4.8K 101 22
By book_bitch07

*•*•*•What an eventful day•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

"At your house?" Cole asks and I nod rapidly.

I was currently walking around campus with Cole right next to me. It was just the two of us this morning everybody else was doing something. And me being the nosey nelly I am, I asked Cole what he was doing for Thanks giving, he said that he was most probably gonna stay here and do nothing, since his parents were going to travel to I don't know where for thanks giving. So then I proceeded to invite him to my house for Thanks giving. Mom had already said yes to May and Lizzie, so why not Cole.

"Yeah, mom already said yes to May and Liz, so why don't you come too. You three don't have anything going on during Thanks giving so I just thought why not bring you guys with me."

"That's very thoughtful of you but I can't accept that."

"Why not?"

"Why do you want me there?"

"Because."

"That's not a reason."

"Fine then because you are one of my best friends and I don't want you to spend your Thanks giving alone at school most probably eating shitty vending machine food." I state as we walk through the doors on the main building which I found out was named after Henderson's son Atticus. "So you gonna come to my house for Thanks giving?"

"I'll have to ask my mom." I squeal hugging him.

"I'm a great convincer." I nod and he chuckles shaking his head.

"You are." He nods we walk around in silence for a few minutes until Cole decides to speak again. "Remember our last talk?"

"Vividly, I told you that Max is a great guy and that Chase didn't kiss me."

"You also told me that next time, I talk you listen." He explains. And I nod smiling.

"You taking me up on my offer?" I look to my left seeing somebody pass us by, before looking back at him.

"Kind of?"

"What's up?"

"Well there's this girl. She's in my AP Bio class right and she's gorgeous and nice and we've been hanging out more recently, and I like her."

"Oh please don't tell me it's May."

"No, no, no. But her name does start with M."

"What's her name?"

"Maya." He looks the other way, but not before I see a fait blush on his cheeks.

"Ar- are you blushing?" He nods lightly and I awed.

"Yeah, yeah get it all out now please."

"On a scale from 1 to 10, how much do you like her?"

"A solid seven and three quarters."

"Is she bitchy?"

"In good way."

"How long have you guys been talking?"

"About a week and a half."

"What do you like most about her?"

"Her personality."

"I'm proud of you. You didn't say 'her rack' like most dudes would say."

"Thank you." He nods and I smile. "Hey where is everybody today."

"May said that she was going to sleep in because she was exhausted, Lizzie and Lucas are on a breakfast date in town and Chase well he went out on a date last night and never came back." I roll my eyes at that last thing as we continue waking. I mean it doesn't bother me that he goes on dates, he can go on dates but at least have half the decency to tell us that you're not dead in a ditch somewhere or that you will be staying out late like I do every time that I'm going out with Max.

"So how are things with Max?"

"He says casually bringing the topic to the conversation. I thought this was you talk I listen not the other way around." I look at the ground kicking air.

"Can't help it. That's who I am the group therapist." He say and I sigh.

"Things are... I don't know on Monday I told him to get his shit together and talk to me when he did." We sit down on a bench that was in the hallway. "He hasn't talked to me so I'm guessing his shit is still a mess."

"Why don't you go talk to him today? Like don't fight with him, have a calm conversation with him." He throws that out there like I haven't tried it before.

"I've tried that before. Didn't work."

"Okay. I hope you guys work it through, I know he made you happy."

"Me too Cole, me too." I sigh putting my head on his shoulder. "Breakfast?"

"Uh duh. Let's go." We stand up making our way to the dining hall.

...

We were just about done with breakfast and I told Cole that I would talk to Max after breakfast. And that was what I was doing right now. I'm on my way to Max's room. I decided to take Cole's advice, even if I tried before talking with him, I'll try again. I make my way down the stairs to Max's room. As I'm approaching his room I hear voices on the other side of the door. Weird his roommate usually isn't here by this time of the day. I open the door. Mildly shocked I was, when I saw who was behind the door.

"Hey Ma-." I stop in my tracks when I see him shirtless with Vanessa about to get to second fucking base. I feel my eyes start to water. And when he looks at me I see Vanessa smirking at me. "I'm sorry I didn't know it was 'Trade spit with your ex' day. I'll leave, you continue." I chuckle humorlessly and turn around to start walking away.

"Maddie. Please stop." I hear max yell from behind me and then I feel him touch my shoulder. I turn around and pull my shoulder away from him.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I yell and start walking away again. Some boys start coming out from their rooms to see what all the noise is about.

"Maddie please let me explain." He said and started following me again he put his fucking hand on my shoulder again then I stop and turn around again to look at him.

"No, stop following me. Just stop. I don't want to hear it. What the fuck did I do to deserve this." He stays quiet. And looks at the floor. "That is what I thought I don't want to see you again so just leave me alone." I go back up to the fourth floor, get my keys and jacket and start going downstairs again

I go running out of Fredrickson hall to mine and Chase's special place. As I start to walk to the exit I crash into someone. "Shit. I'm sorry." I wipe my tears and look up to see the last person I wanted to see. Fuck.

"What is wrong?" Chase asked me then he looked behind me most probably seeing the face of all of my problems today. I look behind me and see Max, now with a shirt, by the stairs. I look away and look at Chase he looks at me only to look at the stair case again when the sound of heels was heard by the stairs. I don't even bother looking up because I already know who it is.

"I can't be here I need to leave." I start to leave but Chase stops me

"What the fuck did he do?" he asked even though he already knows.

"Not here."

"Yes fucking here so I can decide if I will kill him or not." He says and I shake my head.

"Not here." He gives in and we start walking away. We make it to our special place and he was the first one to speak.

"What happened Addie?" He uses the nickname only he calls me. He has many nicknames for me but this one and princess are my favorite even if I hate to admit it.

"I was on my way to talk to him and I found him going to second fucking base with Vanessa." Tears begin to well up in my eyes again and he holds my like he did all those nights ago when I was having a nightmare.

"I'm so sorry Addie."

"I was probably going to break up with him sometime sooner or later." He rubs my arm soothingly and I smile wiping my tears away. "You know what I don't even know why I'm crying. We weren't even together. And it's not like I didn't see it coming."

"Still didn't have to happen." He says angrily and continues. "You're a great person Addie. And you didn't deserve this shit. You may have not been together, but he should've known not to do that. He's so fucking stupid princess. You don't need him. Okay?" He looks at me and wipes my tears away while I chuckle a little. He smiles at me and I smile back. "There's that's beautiful smile." That comment makes my heart go piter patter, but I push that feeling away and I finish wiping my tears away and fully turning to him.

"How did your date go last night?" He winces and now I really want to know.

"We don't have to talk about that." He shakes his head really quickly.

"Yeah we do take my mind off of everything."

"Okay... well long story short it was horrible. She ordered for me, she chewed with her mouth open."

"She was an open mouth chewer." I say scrunching up my nose while he nods. "What else?"

"Oh there was this moment when she got up and started dancing salsa because she loved the music that was on, let me tell you the music was not salsa music and she didn't know how to salsa."

"No." I gasp and he nods.

"Yes." I tilt my head back and let out a laugh and when I look back at him I see him already looking at me. Gosh his eyes are beautiful.

"Oh this is gold." This boy is really something else. He took my mind off of everything in a matter of seconds. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For taking my mind off of things."

"Anytime princess." He kissed my temple and went back to telling me about his date. We talked for at least a few more hours, until we decided that it was time to go back. I didn't want to go back though I wanted to stay there forever. When we were getting back the soccer field was packed I guess the guys were playing. I see Cole and Lucas playing and I think Cole spotted us because he started to make his way towards us.

"Hey did you talk with Max." He asks and I snort.

"I didn't talk with him." I shake my head

"You backed out? Why?" oh if only he knew.

"Cole." Chase says from behind me.

"What?" He looks at Chase and I see him shaking his head. "Did I miss something?"

"Yup Max sucking faces with Vaseline." I chuckle. He looks at my sympathetically and I shake my head. "Don't look at me like that, let's go play some soccer." I say and start walking towards the field to play with the guys, but Chase holds me back.

"Princess you don't have to." He says he voice soft and full of concern.

"I want to, come on it helps keep my mind off of things." I tug my arm out of his grasp and go to play with the boys. "My leg is completely healed by now so I can play." This morning I woke up and the pain was fully gone so I was walking normally and didn't need help going up and down the stairs.

They hesitantly follow me on the field and I see the girls get here and start climbing up the bleachers to get to our usual spot they send me and enthusiastic wave and I wave back. The game starts and twenty minutes in we already have a goal in. We keep playing and when we're at minute thirty I see for my peripheral vision that Max got to the field.

I start running slower, and it's like time slowed down, I see the girls looking at each other weirdly before following my line of vision towards where I was seeing Max leaning against the side of the bleachers. Time took its normal pace back and I look down to see that the ball isn't in my possession anymore and see that the game has come to a stop everybody looking at me while I bet that I look like a deer caught in headlights.

Chase comes to me and stops right in front of me. He is saying things, like I see his lips moving and everything, but I can't hear anything. I shouldn't be this affected by Max, but I am.

"Hey look at me." He says this time audible and I look at him straight in his eyes. "You're okay."

"Mhm."

"Do you want to get out of here?" He asks and I nod. When we start waking our way out of the soccer field the girls see us and they start coming down the bleachers. We start to head to the dorms, Max has other plans and steps in front of us.

"Maddie, please let's talk." Max says following me and I just know that everybody's eyes are on this scene.

"Max I suggest you back the fuck up you've already done enough." Chase says and try's to get us through, but Max chuckles and steps in front of us again.

"This is between me and Maddie." Max says getting all up in Chase's face.

"Goddammit Max just let us get through. And leave me alone. I don't want to talk or hear your side of the story or how you can explain it or about how it will never happen again. It was bound to happen right. First love and all. I get it. Now please get the fuck out of my way so I can go to my fucking dorm." I yell and I hear gasp coming for the crowd that had formed at the railing of the bleachers.

Max finally gets out of the way and let's us pass as we're walking to the dorm the girls start asking questions kind of which I answer but when we get to the entrance of Fredrickson I stop at the door.

"Maddie are you okay?" I hear May asks behind us and I nod.

"Mhm, I'm okay." I stop and turn around, to see May looking concerned. "I went to talk with Max and saw him making out with Vanessa."

"Oh Maddie." She say and hugs me. Lizzie coming up from behind and hugging me too. They both put their arms around my waist and shoulders and start leading up the stairs with Chase close behind.

...

It was now dark outside and the three of us were all laying in my bed listening to my Abba album, very cheery, but I liked it.

"I'm choosing the lesbian life." I state put of the blue looking at both May and Lizzie. "Wanna be my partners?"

"Sorry babe, but I've got Bas. Maybe in another life." May says resting her head on my shoulder.

"What about you?" I turn to Lizzie

"Sorry love, I've got Lucas. Like May said, maybe in another life" she also lays her head in my shoulder. The three of us sigh at the same time and when we look at each other we burst out laughing. In that moment Chase decides to come in from the run he was on. Shirtless and sweaty once again. Damn I say again.

"Am I missing something?" He ask looking for clothes in his closet most probably on his was to take a shower.

"Maddie is choosing the lesbian life."

"Really?" his eyebrows raise in surprise.

"No. I'm way to into dudes." I shrug and he chuckles.

"Of course you are." He walks out of the room and look at the door debating whether I should go after him and thank him or not. Oh fuck it.

"I'll be right back." I tell the girls and go after Chase. "Hey."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for today, you really helped." I hug him and he hugs me back.

"Anytime princess." He says and starts walking away again. What an eventful day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Well as some of you requested here is Chapter 33. FINALY she isn't seeing Max anymore. Yay we can celebrate. Okay the way that it happens is kind of tragic, BUT nobody likes Max and it was bound to happen at some point right? Yes. That last part of the chapter didn't have any importance but I just wanted to put it there for laughs, chuckles and shits.

Anyways if you liked this chapter make sure to comment, vote and share. I love it when you guys comment, you comment the same things I would comment if something like that would happen in a book I'm reading.

Anyways my lovely darlings here is Chapter 33, I'll see if I can finish chapter 34 by Friday if I can't then I'm very sorry. Byeee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 359 16
you and blake- life long best friends with so much love unheard of and unseen. but what happens when the diaries full of pages about him suddenly can...
43.1K 2.8K 22
A young, fearless, warrior must protect her clan and her land from enemies beyond her frontiers. She must also contain dissension from within her cl...
614K 17.3K 46
#𝟏 • 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥'𝐬 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞. ❝But there's him. He wants to know who I am. He wants to know my past. He wants to know my secret. He isn't d...
228K 8.5K 86
"I didn't fall for you, you fucking tripped me over." Tara thought her life turned crazy when her best friend's cousin showed up to town. The tall, s...