A Rose Of Revenge

By AnointingYao

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Book three of the Princess Eleanora... More

Author's note.
✴️Prologue✴️
✴️Chapter 1✴️: Happily ever after, after all.
✴️Chapter 2✴️: Eight years late.
✴️Chapter 3✴️: A glimpse of life.
✴️Chapter 4✴️: No one is innocent.
✴️Chapter 5✴️: All the lies they told.
✴️Chapter 6✴️: Things aren't always as they seem.
✴️Chapter 7✴️: Humans just can't be trusted.
✴️ Chapter 8✴️: Career's day.
✴️Chapter 9✴️: I'm brOKen.
✴️Chapter 10✴️: Family Dinner.
✴️Chapter 11✴️: A visit to the graves.
✴️Chapter 13✴️: A gift for her own burial
✴️ Chapter 14✴️: A beautiful gift for my ex
✴️ Chapter 15✴️: The land of Diamonds.
✴️Chapter 16✴️: The raid.
✴️Chapter 17✴️: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
✴️ Chapter 18✴️: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree (2)
✴️Chapter 19✴️: It's time for a lecture, Phillips.
✴️Chapter 20✴️: Let's plan further.
✴️Chapter 21✴️:The breakout.
✴️Chapter 22✴️:Dure, the maniac.
✴️ Chapter 23✴️: A spy in the palace.
✴️Chapter 24✴️: Nora: three, Dure: zero.
✴️Chapter 25✴️: A serial killer on the loose.
✴️Chapter 26✴️: The power of the USB.
✴️ Chapter 27✴️: Foes turn friends.
✴️ Chapter 28✴️: Digging into the past.
✴️Chapter 29✴️: The great reveal (1)
✴️ Chapter 30✴️: The great reveal (2).
✴️Cast and preview✴️
✴️Chapter 31✴️: The apple of her eyes.
✴️Chapter 32✴️: And then they realized...
✴️ Chapter 33✴️:Knock, Knock... It's me. Karma. Can I come in?
✴️ Chapter 34✴️: A not so happy reunion.
✴️Chapter 35✴️: A christmas night to remember.
✴️Chapter 36✴️: Epilogue?
✴️Morals of the novel✴️
✴️ Author's note✴️

✴️Chapter 12✴️: And we meet again.

43 12 8
By AnointingYao

This chapter is dedicated to @Zionsolaalimi. Thanks for the constant votes. I really do hope you're enjoying the series.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

I had asked Lucas to leave but he insisted on helping back to the hotel room. My wounded hand was already wrapped up in Lucas t-shirt, the same arm hung on his shoulders as he helped me to my room like a drunk lady.

I was concious but I was drenched in the rain, my bones were already numb due to the cold and my clothes were dripping wet from every part.

The receptionist had gone home because it was already midnight, and almost everywhere in the hotel lodge was empty.

Lucas helped me into the room and upon opening the door, we met Phillips who seemed restless, walking from point A to point B, his head to the floor like he was deeply thinking.

I'mmediately we walked a little bit further into the room, Phillips heard our footsteps and stopped. He looked up and met our eyes before literally running over to us.

"My goodness, Nora where did you go?!" He asked while Lucas helped me to sit on the bed.

"Your hand!" Phillips gasped, holding my injured hand. He was about to unwrap the bleeding hand when I retracted from him.

Everything makes sense now.  Phillips picking me up from jail, to bringing me here, to announcing me dead. I know he was the one who announced me dead because I don't believe there would be such a time clash between my release and the press release about my death. Not now, not ever.

"Why are you here?" Not in the mood for his care, I wanted him to go straight to the point.

"Let's first treat your hand". He said, concentrating more on my hand, as he tried to hold my injured hand again. But I pulled away. Had I not withheld myself on time, I'd have hit him across the face.

"Listen to me, Phillips. When it comes to faking expressions, I know more than your grandfather ever will. Go straight to the point and stop giving me that fake care!" I pointed out, blank and honest.

His eyes seemed a little shocked but he masked it up almost I'mmediately with a smile. He stood up from his knees and sat on the bed beside me. I stood up I'mmediately and sat on the dressing chair facing him.

"Do put on the heater, young man. She needs some warmth". Phillips asked Lucas and he obeyed, before leaving both of us in the room.

I wasn't in the mood of playing dumb or I'd have played it with him to the very end.

"You announced to the world that I was dead? Why?"

"No, I didn't". He denied.

"I'm glad to know that you think of me as a fool, Phillips"  I said to him, Lucas walking in with a tray in his hands, serving us each a cup of green tea each before walking out again.

"I've never seen you as a fool, Nora. You've always been my friend. And I don't understand why you'll ever think it's me". He replied, picking each of his words carefully.

" Because the odds are more in your favour. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to announce me dead than to explain why you wanted my release. Your brother didn't lock me up for eight years just so his brother could come take me at anytime without a reason. Besides, your brother never had the plan to release me. If he did, he'd have to run a risk of Killing me because definitely he can't use me. I've run out of use for him. And the odds of killing me aren't so great. If I escape then he's doomed". I explained to him thoroughly, letting him know that I knew he had this planned all along.

He was silent. Turning the contents of the cup slowly, he looked at me long and hard. He seemed to be selecting his next words carefully.

"You've changed". He said. Not the words I was expecting him to say but close enough.

"You too. Besides, I would be destined for sorrow if I trust another Henia". I explained to him, as he entered another world of silence and careful observation once again.

"So why? Why did you bring me out of there?" I asked him.

"Why would I watch my friend stay in jail for doing nothing wrong and leave her be? I would be a really bad friend, Nora. Which I'm not".

"Drop the pretense and go straight to the point, Phillips. Stop giving me your false care".   He gasped dramatically and let his hands fly to his chest.

"I really do care!"

"You mean you travelled all the way from England to release a friend from jail after she's spent eight years there? A Friend whom you haven't contacted not even once in Sixteen years! Isn't it hypocritical even to you, the hypocrite?!" I fired at him.

"I couldn't reach you not because I didn't want to but because I couldn't".

"So now you could? Because you dared or because the urge for what you want has eaten deep into you?!"

"Why are you firing questions at me, Nora? I mean, we are at least friends, couldn't you be a little bit gentle with me?"

"I have no friends". I deadpanned. He was speechless for a while, then he sat up on the bed and straightened himself, dropping the tea cup at his side, he sighed, and straightened his face like he was ready to say the big deal.

"Fine. I admit. I had other reasons for bringing you out and announcing you dead and I swear it's not to harm you. We the Henias have offended you, we know..." He started, and I already knew where he was going but I listened carefully anyway. "Especially Dure. What he did was unforgivable, I know.  And I know you hate him to the core and want to bring him down at all costs, and I know no one can stop you from what you're planning to do. I just want to plead with you that if you're destroying Dure, can you leave the rest of the family out of this?!" Phillips asked with such an innocent face.

Remember when I said Phillips changed! He really did and now he's more lethal than his brother.

"You want to use my hatred for your brother to your advantage and destroy your brother so you can have what he has been preventing you from having?! In other words, my hatred is like your bulldozer" I straightened out his words for him.

He looked quite shocked but immediately masked it up with a smile. "Not exactly but-"

I interrupted him, signalling him that I wasn't in any mood to hear more of his hypocrisy. "No need to explain, only a liar explains when his explantation isn't needed. Since we have the same goal, I'll agree to what you said. I'll take down Dure so you can have the empire to yourself. But I'll agree on three conditions" I started, sitting up straight in my chair.  "One. You're funding everything. Everything I need, you'll fund it! Two. You'll provide the henchmen. Three. I live by my own rules. And just to make this clear. We're not partners neither are we friends. You're the equipment, I'm the worker!" 

He looked quite pleased with my requirements.

"You're quite straightforward, Nora! Though I'm not too pleased to be an equipment, we do have a common goal after all"  He said as he stretched forth his hand for an handshake but I didn't take it. "Like I said before, We're not partners. Equipment and worker don't shake hands". I replied him and he smiled before retracting his hand. His cheeks became red from embarrassment.

"If we want this plan to be successful, I can't stay here". I told him, reminding him that his property was one of the Henias which means any Henia could come over and find me out.

"I know. I've made plans already. You'd stay with one of your friends named Justin. Remember him?" Phillips asked me and I was surprised he knew Justin.

Phillips and Justin have never met, yet he mentioned Justin's name like he's known Justin for a long time. This only has one explanation. He's been investigating me.

But I kept silent anyway. I mustn't let him have his walls against me or I'll be in danger myself.

"Yes, I remember Justin".

"As soon as tomorrow comes, I'll go meet him so he can meet you here and tomorrow, you'll talk".

{Justin's P.O.V}

I picked up a toy gun which laid on Indigo's bed. Mary was bathing the twins so the room was empty for a while. I walked there and picked up the gun. I knew for a fact that these wasn't part of the toys my kids play with. So where could they have gotten such a toy?

Not long after, did Mary walk in with the twins who wore their little cartoonized pants.  Blu smiled at me, as he ran towards me to hug me. As for Indigo...he just walked towards me and signalled me to hand over his toy gun.

Now, kids playing with toys gun is something I will forever stand against because somehow, it brings out violence in a child.

  "Thank you, Mary. Please do help me with the kids breakfast". I pleaded with her and she nodded before leaving me alone with the twins.

"Where did you get this toy gun, Indigo?" I asked the grey eyes boy, who didn't look interested in talking to me.

"It's the gun of-" Blu tried to say but I saw the quick fingers of Indigo pinching his brother, making his brother fall silent.

  "What was that?" I asked Indigo but he kept silent too.

"Why did you pinch your brother?" I asked Indigo but all Indigo did was look blankly.

Ever since the career day, Indigo has been giving me the cold shoulder. He doesn't speak to me or anybody in the house. He doesn't speak up or he doesn't smile at me. Anytime I talk to him, he rolls his eyes away from mine.

Now he wants to influence his brother to not talk to me too?

I just couldn't endure his naughtiness anymore!

I held him by his arm and pulled him closer.

"Listen, young man! I need you to get three things clear. First of all, You don't influence others to rebel against authorities, neither Should you rebel against authorities! I'm your father, that makes me an automatic authority in your life who you should never rebel against. The next time I'm talking to you and you roll your eyes at me, you'll be shocked at what I'll do to you!

Secondly, wherever you got this toy from, return it back to the owner. I will not condone stealing as long as I'm your father.

Thirdly, I will never condone Violence in the lives of my children. Let this be the last time I see this toy gun in your hands or in your brother's hands. It wouldn't just be a warning the next time this repeat itself. Do I make myself clear, young man?!" I asked him, incredibly annoyed with him.

He nodded, making sure our eyes didn't meet. I got up angrily "Dress up quickly and meet me in the dining room. I'll drive you to school myself". I ordered and walked out of thier room.

Nanny has been ill and she's taking her time to recuperate. Nora's still in jail and now this?  What's going on with kids these days?!

I settled down in the parlour and picked up the television remote, just to get my mind off all the crazy things that's been happening but before I could switch on the TV, the remote was snatched from my hand. I turned around to see who it was but was met by James.

"What's wrong with you, James?... Hand me the remote!" I asked him, not in the mood for any of his jokes.

"You can't!"

"I can't what?!"

"I mean, I can't hand you the remote"

"Why?!"

  "Because...Umm...umm... because I need us to talk". He said.

"If you need us to talk, you can just tell me instead of snatching the remote like that!" I  replied him, stretching forth my hand to snatch the remote back from him, but he was quick to see me and pulled his hand away.

"James!" I almost yelled in frustration.

Just then, the boys came in, fully dressed with their backpacks on thier backs.

"Your kids need to go to school". James said before walking away with the remote. I sighed in defeat before walking up to my boys.

Those little faces that reminded me of Nora, I just couldn't stay mad at them for long. I sat down on the couch and pulled my twins to stand right in front of me.

  Blu faked a smile at me while Indigo kept his face blank. It was quite amusing to see the same face with different eyes give different expressions.

"I'm sorry for how I scolded you, boys. But I need you to understand, that everything I do for you, is for your good. You really might not understand me now but I just want to remind you that I love you and I'll always love you too". I said to them as calmly as I could.

Blu nodded but Indigo kept his face blank. He was just staring at me.

"Have you packed the toy gun that isn't yours?" I asked them. Blu nodded.

"Make sure you return it to the owner, okay?" Blu nodded while Indigo kept staring at me.

"Tonight, You and I will have an evening session, Indigo" I said to him as I put my hand into his hair and tried to pat his hair down but he pulled away before I could even touch his hair.

I sighed "Let's start moving". I rose to my feet, holding their hands, we all moved to the door.

Upon opening the door, what I saw almost made me stumble back in surprise.

"Good morning. You must be Justin". Said the guy who was at the door.

"Dure?!" I said in disbelief. I can't believe he found us after hiding so well. I pulled my twins behind me so they wouldn't see the man in front of me.

"Oh no! I'm not Dure. The name is Phillips Henia and it's a pleasure to finally meet you, Mr Justin. I've heard quite a lot about you". He said to me stretching forth his hand towards me for a handshake.

Just then, James came forward, pulling the twins over to his side. "I'll take the kids to school. Have a nice day". Said James before walking out of the house with the twins before I could even reply.

"Those are your sons?" Phillips asked me.

I didn't reply. I knew I couldn't  trust the man before me, who called himself Phillips, his Blond hair plaited into cornrows and in a way, looked similar to Dure.

"Although, Dure is my elder brother, we aren't the same. In looks or in character. The only thing that is similar to both of us is our blond hair". Said Phillips.

"In other words?" I asked, not understanding the point he was trying to make.

"Could we talk somewhere else?" He asked. At first, I was hesitant.

"I want you to meet someone". Even though I was a little more confused, I agreed.
______________________________✍️

I wouldn't be following this man like I am now if it wasn't for the fact that we were in broad daylight.

We entered a big five star hotel, it's designs and paintings looked more exotic than every normal hotel reception should. We entered the elevator together and even though I wasn't sure of what I was doing, I followed him anyway.

My heart skipped a bit when he pressed the number 16 in the elevator.

"Relax. I just want you to meet somebody". Said the guy, with a radiant smile on his face. I replied his smile awkwardly as we both waited for the elevator to get to our floor.

As soon as the elevator opened in our designated floor, he walked out first while I followed behind him.

What if the person he wanted me to meet was Dure? How would I defend myself?

I looked around for something I could use to defend myself. But I saw nothing. 

I saw the man walk into a room. I was hesitant to walk in but then I heard that familiar voice say "Where is he?" My heart skipped for a bit. I was so scared yet so excited to know who the person was.

I didn't want to be disappointed but yet I can't help myself from assuming as I walked into the room to see who just spoke.

As soon as I saw the person, my heart somersaulted and butterflies invaded my belly. I felt my legs go numb as Goosebumps took over my skin.  I could feel my eyes getting teary already and I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

  Right before my very eyes, standing a few meters from me was Eleanora Andrews. My very own Eleanora.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 410 32
CONTENT CONTAINS : SEXUAL CONTENT DRUG USE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUAGE IF YOUR EASILY TRIGGERED OR UNCOMFORTABLE, DO NOT READ!! • " The nerve! " " Wha...
2.9K 313 17
When thirty-year-old Zara stumbled upon a mysterious mirror hidden among her family's heirlooms, she never imagined that diving into it would transpo...
482K 17.5K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
18.5K 1.1K 35
COMPLETED BOOK 2- Sequel to Deal With It (#2 in ambitious #19 in tearjerker #3 in French) Amber Amity just couldn't seem to catch a break. She lost h...