Liberosis - The Hunger Games

By slytherinchasers

πš•πš’πš‹πšŽπš›πš˜πšœπš’πšœ -πš—πš˜πšžπš— πšπš‘πšŽ πšπšŽπšœπš’πš›πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πšŒπšŠπš›πšŽ πš•πšŽπšœπšœ "Caring too much for my allies... More

Epigraph
Part One Cast
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
Part Two Cast
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
Part 3 Cast
24
25
26
27
28
Part 4 Cast
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Part 5 cast
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
THIS IS NOT THE END
48
49
50
51
Epilogue- (For now)

39

4.4K 117 14
By slytherinchasers

"Can I get less mermaid, more Mer-princess please?" Gaia groaned as Titan continued working on my makeup.

We'd arrived off the train three hours ago, in that time, I had been scrubbed and plucked and groomed to 'as close as perfection that Gaia can give you'. Annie had been little comfort to me, giggling every time I swore aloud. Between Finnick and I, we only had one prep team, mostly because Gaia refused to let us through any of the other team's hands. Finnick lay beside me, complaining as much- if not more- than I did.

Finnick howled in pain as Venus ripped a strip of wax from his chest, "Poor Finnie," I teased him, trying to ignore the pain on my own angry red flesh, "He worked really hard on growing that singular chest hair," The group laughed at the comment but continued bustling around the room busily.

"As my almost-wife, you should at least act like you love me, you know that?" He turned his head to the side, glaring at me in annoyance.

"As my almost-husband, you should show me the respect of not eating my last macaroon," I shot back.

"I've known you both for a very long time and yet you haven't grown at all, how are the two of you successful adults?" Gaia rolled her eyes; a final yelp came from Finnick as the last of his body was waxed bare.

"Successful could be an overstatement," The voice of Reign called from the back of the room, followed by a raspberry noise from Finnick and a string of profanities from me.

I liked how light-hearted the prep team were trying to make the experience, especially given the experiences we were about to face. Particularly the pressure of trying to protect the most stubborn, antisocial victor in all Panem and her equally as rebellious partner. I had told Finnick about the escape plan, much like me, he shared little enthusiasm about our role in it. Essentially, we would be playing parents, the entire game, while also upholding the personas that would give us sponsors.

My persona had unfortunately evolved against my wishes.

Finnick's outfit and mine were required to match for the parade, his advantage in the popularity and appearance department meant that my costume would be modelled on his. Unfortunately for both of us, Finnick's costume could hardly count as clothing at all. This meant I was sure to be dressed just as scandalously clad as my partner, but Finnick wasn't aware of that yet.

"And our boy is ready, send him to get dressed and cause shenanigans while we finish off Aurora's final touches," Gaia ordered. Finnick nodded in compliance, leaning down to give me a peck on the lips, but Gaia stopped him with a slap on the head, "Don't you dare! You'll ruin her lipstick!"

Finnick rolled his eyes but resisted the temptation to break the rules, "Later then," he said flirtatiously, his breath fanning my lips before he walked out of the room with Reign.

Gaia cackled maniacally as he left, "Oh, believe me," She began, examining the work her prep team had put into my appearance, "When he sees the outfit, I'm putting you in, you'll be getting more than just a kiss, I assure you,"

"Gaia!" Venus scolded the stylist.

I was beyond terrified of whatever Gaia had planned for us, evidently, it would involve minimal fabric, something I was immediately uncomfortable with. Examining the eye paints over the table, I noticed the colour scheme, gold, white and just a hit of blue. White and blue I could handle, but still, I knew I would hate whatever Gaia put me in.

No matter how much Finnick loved it.

The time had come for me to put on the dress, "Eyes closed, you know the drill," Titan instructed me calmly. I complied and felt the undergarments slide onto my body. At least, everything was adequately covered by them, no matter what the dress looked like, I felt safe knowing that. The next thing they placed on my body was freezing cold, it felt metallic, which once again filled me with sheer dread. Once the costume was finally on, Venus began putting my shoes on, they were platformed, that much I could feel but the fact I felt like I could barely stand.

"Ready?" I could hear the grin in Gaia's voice, "Open,"

My eyes blinked open, "That's not me," I stared at my reflection in shock.

It was a lot of gold.

The tight undergarments were the colour of my skin, meaning that I appeared nude underneath the revealing dress I was wearing. The gold chains on my two-piece outfit weaved in and out of each other, creating an illusion of ropes, like the ones used at the docks in District Four. The top half was far more protective than the bottom. A thin belt knotted around my waist and from it dangled loose gold chains that stopped just below the apex of my thighs. My shoes were additionally gold, wrapping around my legs to the mid-thigh.

My hair was slicked back behind my head with a 'wet hair' look to it, my smoky eye makeup was intricate, encrusted with pearls and gold flakes. My lips were a deep red, giving an extra colourful punch that made me look far less afraid of my outfit than I was. Though my engagement ring had been confiscated for publicity purposes, Finnick's pearl necklace was still clasped around my neck.

"Well, I hope it's you," Gaia said in response to my previous comment, "Otherwise I just spend four hours making the wrong person look hot,"

"Absolutely jaw-dropping, darling," Titan gushed as I spun in the mirror.

"Now," Gaia clapped her hands together excitedly, "Let's go knock some rich people off their freshly pedicured feet,"

ooo

My heels clicked on the floor loudly, giving the illusion that I was more confident than I felt. Goosebumps prickled my skin in anticipation of the swarm of people about to see me entirely out of my comfort zone. Suddenly, two of my favourite people took my hands as we began walking in sync.

Lorelei looked utterly formidable in her costume and Johanna was a tree and hated every second of it, "Jo, you look nice," I tried with a high pitched, pursing my lips.

"You are fucking liar," Johanna snapped as was walked in sync.

With Johanna and Lorelei, I felt more confident, the energy we exuded as a group made me feel powerful, unstoppable even, perhaps that was dangerous. "You look incredible," Lorelei complimented.

Johanna nodded in agreement, "I like the complete lack of vegetation involved in your dress- and the allusion that you're buck naked- your fiancée will approve," She joked, elbowing me gently.

"Have you seen each other yet?" Lorelei asked as we neared the chariots.

I shook my head, "No, not yet. We got dressed separately,"

Lorelei whistled, "I suggest you get that over and done with sooner rather than later. Nobody from the Capitol is supposed to know that you're in a relationship, so you can't be eye-fucking each other while you're on the chariots," I blushed and looked at my feet at her comment.

"Young love," Johanna sighed before her face dropped into a frown, "Disgusting,"

We arrived at the underground bunker where Annie and Blaze were waiting at the District Four Chariot. Beside them stood Haymitch and Atlas, who applauded jokingly as the three of us strutted in, arms linked, and chins held high. "Nice dress," Atlas joked at Johanna's appearance.

"Nice face," Johanna snapped back before stomping off in the direction of her chariot.

"You have a great taste in women, you know that?" Atlas quipped at Lorelei who smacked him in the gut, the two of them walking off together to their own chariot. I noticed Haymitch, grinning in the direction of the District Twelve bay, where I could see a severely uncomfortable Katniss Everdeen talking to my fiancée.

"Katniss is a little-" Haymitch trailed off in search of a word, "Prudish? Innocent? Whatever- all the victors have bets on who can make her the most uncomfortable,"

"Poor thing," I chuckled, "I better go save her,"

"Or make her more uncomfortable with yours and Finnick's relentless flirting," Haymitch said dryly, "I need a drink" He sighed before stalking off.

I walked confidently towards the chariot, heels clicking along the concrete as people turned their heads to watch me. "What about you, girl on fire? Do you have any secrets worth my time?" Finnick asked her in a deep voice, and I watched a light tinge of red cover her cheeks, though the expression on her face hadn't changed.

"Careful there Finnie," I said, announcing my presence by draping my arm over his shoulders. Finnick's head snapped in my direction, and he suppressed his shock over my outfit with a cough, "Peeta is coming this way, you don't want him thinking a man such as yourself is flirting with his wife-to-be?" I teased, looking Katniss up and down with a sultry smile.

If Finnick gets to have fun, so do I.

He lifted his fingers in which he held a sugar cube, which he popped in my mouth without a second thought, I bit down on it with a grin, allowing the sweet taste to fill my mouth. Katniss looked between the two of us with an expression of disbelief, "So rude of me not to introduce myself, Katniss Everdeen" I smiled, holding out my hand which she shook awkwardly, "Aurora Hartley,"

"Pleasure," she said dryly, dropping my hand with discomfort.

"We should be leaving, our chariot awaits," I whispered in Finnick's ear, just loudly enough for Katniss to hear.

Finnick cleared his throat, "Of course, Sorry you had to cancel your wedding Katniss Everdeen. I know how devastating that must be for you," He teased, popping another sugar cube into his mouth. The two of us turned away from the District Twelve girl and began walking confidently back to our chariot. "What on earth are you wearing," He hissed, pushing me up gently against the carriage.

His hands were on the bare skin of my waist, taking in my appearance with hungry eyes, "Do you like it?" I challenged with a wicked smirk, tracing the muscles of his bicep with my nails. He opened his mouth to reply but instead I interrupted him, leaning close to his ear, "Let me guess," I said lowly, "You'd like it better on the floor,"

Finnick groaned, dropping his head back and letting me slide out of his trap, he followed me to the carriage door, "Have mercy," He joked, his tongue dragging over his lower lip. He held out his hand, which I took graciously as he helped me up into out carriage. As we waited for the parade to begin, his hand rested on the small of my back, he leaned down to whisper in my ear, "You look absolutely stunning, my love,"

"I know," I nudged him teasingly, Finnick scoffed, "You don't look too bad yourself, Mr Odair,"

"Mrs Odair," He nudged me back, I raised my eyebrow with a small smile. Chances are if Heavensbee's plan didn't work, he'd never get to truly call me his wife. We would take what we could with the time we were given.

Gaia climbed up the stairs just enough to reach us, "Give 'em hell," She winked at us as our carriage jolted to life.

My foot hooked over the top of the bar we used to hold on to as we reached the beginning of the parade, "What are you doing?" Finnick asked me with a curious grin.

I grinned back, if this was the new me- I would give it all to them, "Causing a scene," I grinned back, I pushed myself up onto the edge of the chariot, Finnick's hands around my waist to stable me. Our outfits glimmered in the bright light, the crowd roared as I waved and cheered animatedly, my full body on display.

If they thought I was giving them hell now, they were sorely underestimating me.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

975 9 13
"You're the butterflies in the air and I'm the waves that crash in the ocean. Together we're the sky and the sea," "...That's really corny" "Shut up...
413K 8.6K 112
β€’ pre-hunger games -> post-mockingjay pt 2 β€’ Finnick Odair X female OC β€’I edit as I post the chapters (if I can be bothered) A story in which two...
508K 12.2K 22
❝You want me to babysit them for you?❞ ❝A little bit of blood is the least of my worries.❞ ❝I don't care how well I do, I don't care if I get hurt or...
47.6K 1.4K 27
Sequal to 𝙱𝙻𝙾𝙾𝙳//πš†π™°πšƒπ™΄πš (https://www.wattpad.com/story/217574936-%F0%9D%99%B1%F0%9D%99%BB%F0%9D%99%BE%F0%9D%99%BE%F0%9D%99%B3-%F0%9D%9A%86%F...