𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝟏𝟖...

By jeanscoolwife

✿ꕥ°✎ Baseball player Jean x Journalist Reader (modern au) ✿ꕥ°✎ Currently chapter: 18/24 "𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎... More

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝟏𝟖
AUTHOR NOTE
𝟏. tabula rasa
𝟐. sight for sore eyes
𝟑. caramel sundae's
𝟓. somebody else
A/N - important
𝟔. guiding lights
𝟕. sunsetz
𝟖. the night is young
𝟗. dirty converse
𝟏𝟎. his sweater
𝟏𝟏. regrets
𝟏𝟐. one for sorrow. two for joy
𝟏𝟑. stars around your scars
𝟏𝟒. confession
𝟏𝟓. consequences
𝟏𝟔. staring at the sky
𝟏𝟕. everything i wanted
𝟏𝟖. the retched story

𝟒. when the party's over

554 21 32
By jeanscoolwife

hey everyone!

here's another chapter for you all!!
sorry for updating this nearly a year later, I've been through a lot :')
got broken up with and it tore me apart but I'm getting better now!! also, college is kicking my ass. I'm gonna use that as material for this story lmao 😭

I thought I would make it up to you guys and give you an extra lengthy chapter!

I hope you enjoy<3

6.1k words.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

When The Party's Over
"Of all the people in the world, I never expected to see you again."
~16th March 2019~

The sun shined down onto the pitch, your eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing.

"That's Jean Kirstein."

The same guy you had been friends with since you were kids and now it was like you were seeing a stranger. He looked a lot different, his hair was longer styled into a mullet, and he now had a beard that fits nicely along his jaw. He was a lot more attractive than he was 5 years ago. He had become broad and tall. It was almost like he was a completely different person, especially in his demeanour. The way he stood, chewing a piece of gum, the bat that rested on his shoulder. It was almost like he knew this would be an easy game.

"Why? Do you know him?" Marco questioned, glancing over at you. "I guess you could say that," You pursed your lips after you spoke, not quite sure how you should be reacting. "Really? How so?" Marco asked slightly confused. "Let's just say we grew up together," you purse your lips again, slightly unsatisfied with the fact you were seeing him in these circumstances. "Wow?!"
"Yeah..." You laughed awkwardly. "Well, you will get to talk to him later." Marco smiled, "I what??" You asked confusingly and shocked. "Did Hange not tell you? There's an after party that we go to interview the players individually."
"Well they talked about a lot of stuff but they didn't mention anything like that." you laughed awkwardly, the feeling of dread taking over your body. "They probably forgot. By the tone of your voice, you seem worried?"

"No, I'm fine. Let's just watch the game." you forced a smile at Marco. He didn't seem too phased by how I was acting, he barely knew me so how could he know?

Jean positioned the bat, ready to swing at the spinning ball which was to come in his direction. The thrower - or whatever it is called - was in the position to throw the ball to Jean. He prepared himself for the ball, still chewing on his piece of gum like he didn't have a care in the world, his brows knit together with concentration as he adjusted his grip on the bat, it truly showed how his demeanour has changed. Even from afar, he seemed different.

The thrower let the ball go out of his hand, and the ball spanned at a rapid speed as it approached Jean. He hit it. It flew across the field, my jaw dropped at how far it went. I forgot how good he was at baseball in high school.

The crowd cheered loudly as they saw the ball fly in the opposite direction, Jean dropped his bat and ran as fast as he could. People went up on their feet to cheer, even you had to stand just to see if he would make it and he did.

One home run already.

It wasn't long until the next player came out, he was tall, blonde and quite broad. He caught your eye more than it should have.

"So, uh, who's that?" you turned your head towards Marco, and his eyes met with yours before he spoke. "That Reiner Braun, he's one of the top three players, he used to play for Marely but he moved to Paradis as the new season started."
"I see," you spoke quietly as you continued to watch the game.
The tall blonde got himself into position, his brows knitted together with concentration, your eyes not leaving the attractive male.

The thrower let the ball slip out of his hand and it glides through the air, straight towards Reiner. He hits it - not going near as far as Jean's ball did but you were still impressed. The crowd lost it and god damn, before you knew it, he also made a home run. The other team already looking rather worried. If you were, to be honest with yourself you forgot how much you enjoyed the sport. Sure, you were never a baseball girl but you always had a hidden talent for hockey. Your father taught you, so after he left, you vowed to not touch a hockey stick ever again. It hurt too much. You let those thoughts pass as you decided to keep focusing on the game instead.

It came towards the end of the first round and Connie came out. You smiled and started cheering for him, "Do you know Connie as well then?" Marco cracked up as he looked over at you. "Yeah, he's my roommate's friend," you smiled at Marco. "Small world, huh?"
"You know Connie personally?"
"Yeah, I've been friends with a lot of the people on the team since college."
"Huh, wow. It is a small world." you agreed with his statement previously. There was one question that initiated in your mind. Did Marco go to college with Jean?

You decided not to. You didn't particularly want to hear about Jean and his dwellings the past few years. You'd rather just forget. It hurt thinking about what once was. He was simply just a stranger now.

Connie glanced over your way, his head turned back and he started to take at you with a big grin. You waved back with a big smile, Marco also waving at him.

Connie took his turn and made it to second base, despite him not having much in that head of his but he was fast and had a good bat.

The first half of the round was over, it was now Stohess's turn to bat.

Paradis started to come into the pitch to stand at their posts. And you wouldn't believe who was at the post closest to you. Jean.

Being your usual self, you decided to sit down as he walked down the pitch to his post, his eyes scanning the stadium. You did not want to be spotted. Marco looked back down at you and raises a brow, "Y/n, What are you doing? I don't think you'll be able to see anything from down there?"

You gulp down the overwhelming saliva in your throat due to the nerves, and you look back up at him "Oh no, It's fine. I just need some time to sit down," you force a smile. Marco slowly nods and keeps smiling, he surprisingly wasn't judging as much as you thought. "Yeah, if you say so."

You watched the game play out, it was already halfway through and Stohess didn't do as well as Paradis at all. Paradis had completely thrashed them already.

The game eventually came to an end, Paradis had won by a long shot. Despite how easy the game was for them, it was interesting and fun to watch. Although every time Paradis would be on the field and not batting, you would sit back down to avoid Jean from somehow spotting you from afar.

You and Marco started walking out of the stadium towards the taxis to go back to work. You both conversed about the game until Marco brought up your strange behaviour. "How come every time Paradis came onto the field, you sat down?" He questioned, his voice soft, trying his best to not come across as judgy. Your lips pursed as you looked back ahead, you might as well just be honest with him. "I didn't want Jean to spot me," you awkwardly laughed. "We have a past and I just don't know how to react properly anymore. It's been a long time since we last saw each other." You pause for a moment, "now I say that out loud, it sounds really stupid."

"Oh, I see. What happened if you don't mind me asking," Marco asked as we got into the taxi. "Well we grew up together, our families were close, so we spent a lot of time together. He was my best friend and we went on one or two dates but it never went anywhere since we were both moving far away since our colleges were on opposite ends of the country." You sigh as you continue explaining, "After that, we went from talking on the phone every day to texting occasionally and then to never at all. I haven't spoken to him in 2 years."

Marco smiled softly at me, his hand resting on my arm, "I understand but I wouldn't worry, I think he would be stoked to see you."
You perked up and looked at him, "Do you think so? What makes you think that?"
"Well, People fall out of touch, which happens when you're both far away from each other but that doesn't mean that you won't be happy to see one another."
You feel relief wash over your body, he was comforting and nice. There really are some people you can just connect with quickly. A small smile forms on your lips, "Yeah, you're right. Thank you, I feel better."
"No problem, the party will be fun. Everyone will be happy to meet you," he affirms. You nod in response, "Yeah, Hopefully." You chuckle.

You and Marco arrive back at the office, and you both make your way back to your desks. You opened your notebook and logged into your computer, you thought it would be a good idea to get started on your article, Hange has given you an outline sheet of what format they wanted the article in. Luckily for you, this wasn't a hard task, anytime you would write about something you're passionate about you would find yourself typing away in peace. It was your safe place to write.

About an hour or two passed, and you had half an hour's break, which is when you sat and socialised with your new co-workers.

They were all so nice, especially Thomas and Daz. They were so eager to hear all about you, it was a rare occurrence back home that people had this much interest in your work and your life. Maybe they were just overly friendly people but you still appreciated it. That was until your pleasant conversation was interrupted by a short, raven-haired man with a scowl plastered on his face, who dropped a shit ton of paperwork onto the table where you three were sat. "Here are your side assignments for the month, they're not necessarily mandatory but it would be better for you to get them done." You all looked up at the male as he remained unamused. By what Daz and Thomas had told you about this place, this must be Levi Ackerman. Erwin's assistant, for a short man, was rather intimidating and you were told it was not a good idea to get on his bad side. You all obliged and got your side assignments then all made your way back to your desks. Your long day soon came to an end, everyone started packing up their thing and leaving. Thomas and Daz walked past you and said their goodbye, you nodded and smiled. "See you guys."

You planned to stay a little rather than everyone else to get ahead on your side assignments. You looked over at the clock and couldn't believe the time.

[7:15 pm]

You felt your shift ended earlier but you guess time moved faster than you thought. Your track of thought was soon interrupted by Marco approaching your desk. "Hey, enjoyed the first day?" You look up at him and smile, "Yeah, I have. The day is not over yet though."
"That's true, I'll text you the address of the party and I will meet you there?" Marco suggested. "What is the dress code?" You ask. "Uh well, nothing too out there but something still professional."

Do a party and professional dress even exist? I could ask Hitch and Sasha, I'm sure they could help me find something to wear.

"Alright, sounds good. I'll see you then." You forced a smile, standing up out of your seat and you start gathering your things before you leave. "See you." He smiles as he waves, walking out of the two glass doors towards the elevator. You pack your back and slide your phone into your pocket, you make sure you have your belongings and the computer is switched off. You make your way out of the doors and to the elevator, you step inside and press the ground floor button. You walk out and look over towards reception, Petra still sat there typing away. "Have a good evening," you smile as you wave at her. "You too!" She smiled back at you, giving you a wave in return.

——

You get back to your apartment complex and make your way to the front of your door. You grab the keys out of your pocket, sliding them into the lock to get into the apartment. The sound of faint music in the background, you open the door and hear Sasha and Hitch singing along to If You're Too Shy (Let me know) by The 1975. You loved this song. It reminded you of the time, Mina and you saw them live on their last tour. Who would've thought that you would have found yourself roommates with good taste in music?

You walk into the kitchen where you see the two girls, jumping around and screaming the words of the song, you smile at the two of them. It reminds you and Mina jumping around your room, singing the night away whenever your Mother left you home alone.

It wasn't long until they both noticed you, "Y/N!" they yelled in unison. Hitch turned down the music with her phone, "How was your first day?" She smiled, "Oh yeah! Was it fun?" Sasha added with her usual smile. "It was good, thanks. Although I have to go back out, I have a party to go to, all the Paradis players will be there so we have to interview them about the game and stuff." You replied, "Oooh!! No way! Sasha and I are also going to the after-party, Connie invited us."

You suddenly feel a sense of relief, the pressure of going to a party in a room full of people you don't know. The first half would be fine since it was more formal and an event but it was mostly the after-party you dreaded. It was terrifying to you. "Im so glad," You let out an aspirated laugh. "It will be so much fun, we all get to partyyyyy!! Sasha said with excitement.
"Yeah... It will be," you nodded. "I do need some help with an outfit."
Hitch gasps in excitement, "Of course, we will help you." Sasha agrees, "Yeah, Hitch has way too many clothes."

You smile and the three of you go to Hitch's room and started putting on different outfits, trying to find the perfect outfit to wear. luckily for you, Hitch was around the same size as you, so all the dresses fit well.

You had finally found the perfect outfit after half an hour of trying on different things. It needed to be party-appropriate while as well keeping professional.

You were wearing a pair of high-waisted black wide-legged trousers, and a dark forest green off-the-shoulder long-sleeved top, which was tucked into your pants. Hitch and Sasha didn't need to be ready for another hour or so, they helped you with your makeup and your hair. You weren't used to all this, back in college, you went to one college party back in the day and it was probably one of the worst nights of your life. You didn't have many friends either, you fell out of touch with a lot of them after the first semester. You mostly just stayed in your dorm and worked, in your spare time you either get ahead on all of your assignments or worked on your novel, which is still yet to be completed. You didn't mind spending a lot of your time alone, you had your sister and two other friends, Mary and Eli, they didn't care if you didn't want to party, they didn't think you were lame or boring. They never treated you badly, they always had your back. In your eyes, you didn't need to be the centre of attention or be the most popular person at college. If you knew you had a few good people in your life that had your back no matter what, you were happy. You still caught up with them occasionally, even though you didn't speak that often like you used to, you would always be best friends. You spent a fair amount of time with them at college, you were close and you know all of you, always would be.

In some ways, Sasha and Hitch reminded you of them a lot, they both had a lot of interest in you as a person, your music taste, your hobbies, and your life. They didn't judge you either when you told them you needed something to wear and that parties were not really your strong suit. You appreciated that of them. Not everyone is judgmental.

"You look incredible!" Sasha exclaimed as she smiled at how you were glowing, you didn't like to admit it but you felt it. "Yeah, everyone's jaws will be on that dance floor once you walk in," Hitch added, sounding rather proud at the look she has created on you. "Thank you, it is perfect," you smiled at the two of them.

You said your goodbyes and planned to meet later, Marco had texted you the address of where you needed to be. You called a taxi and plugged in your earphones as soon as it arrives and you get in the back. It was at least a 10-minute drive, so you needed some music or it would've felt like hours. Music was your safe place. Your nerves were already on a high so this is exactly what you needed, you opened Spotify and pressed the play button to start listening to your main playlist. The first song to come on was Sunsetz by Cigarettes After Sex.

a/n: (you can play it if you want to. it's one of my faves😩)

It wasn't long until you arrived at your destination, you paid the driver and said 'thank you'. You got out of the taxi and made your way to the entrance of the building, it looked like a town hall but more modern. It was made out of black brick with white pillars along the side. You saw Marco standing at the white doors, he was wearing a blue button-up shirt and black dress pants, and he had a navy blue casual jacket on over the top. He waved at you as you approached him, you smiled and waved back.

"You look lovely," Marco smiles at you, "Thank you, as do you" You give the compliment back. "Shall we go in?
"Yeah, Let go." You nod as you both start to walk in. You show your work IDs to the bodyguards and they check your names on the list. They let you both through and direct you to where the event was, you walk through the tall wooden doors into the main hall. It wasn't that classy but it had a nice interior. There were food tables and drinks, Marco and you were offered some champagne, and you both were obliged to be polite. The two of you sipped the drinks as you continued to walk through the crowded hall, it was fairly well-lit with yellow lighting. "So, where shall we start?" You question Marco as you both continue to walk, sowing the rest of your champagne in hopes of taking the edge of tonight. "Well, it's best we speak to the captain first, Eren Jaeger. Then we can split off and interview whoever you'd like." He smiles, taking a small sip of his drink. "Alright," you forced a smile, trying your best to ease your nerves. "You downed that drink fast," he chuckled, "yeah, I'm sorry. I'm just a tad nervous." You let out a small nervous laugh. "It's alright, these things get easier with time," he assures you. "Okay," you smile softly.

You both approach Eren, he was wearing a tight black turtle neck, which highlighted his muscles, and his sleeves are rolled up to his elbows. His hair was tied back into a bun as it was earlier during the game, but this time a few strands fell into his face. This man was heavenly looking. His eyes soon met yours as you were close, and he smiles at the two of you. "Marco! My man," he exclaims, opening his arms out for a hug. Marco hugs him and his smile widens, "It's so good to see you."
"Yeah, you too," Eren says as he breaks the hug. "Who's this?" He nods his head towards you, "This is Y/N, we are partners for this assignment." Marco answers, "you should read her work, it's better than anything I have ever written."

You smiled at Marco's kind words, "Oh no, it's not that good."
"I'll guess I will have to read it and find out," Eren looks over at you with a kind smile. You can't help but feel your cheeks heat up, the only people that have ever read your work and admired it was Mina, Eli and Mary.

"I guess so, thank you." You try your best to not get too excited, "No need to thank me." He chuckles.

The three of you had small talk for a little while until you got your notebooks out and started asking Eren about the team and the players, how it feels to be out on the field, and their next games that were coming up for the National Baseball Cup. You didn't spare a single detail, you needed as much material as you needed.

It wasn't long until Eren started mentioning certain players that he explicitly felt brought a lot to the team. "I mean all of our players, teammates whatever you want to call them, we are all family and I admire every single one of them but some just always bring their A-game no matter what," Eren spoke as he sipped down his drink. "Like who?" Marco queries as he continues to write on his notepad. "Well, Reiner, he's vice-captain, if I'm not at a game for any reason, he always keeps everyone in check and is great at motivating the team." Eren continues, talking like he has said this many times before but loves talking about how good his team is. "Armin and Connie always try their best, not only that they're both great players. Then there is Jean."

Your heart drops as soon as Eren says his name, and anxiety rose in you slightly, it's not like either of you left on bad terms. It was more the fact, you had no idea how it would go if you saw each other again and that scared you.

What if he doesn't even remember me? What if we don't get along anymore? What if he actually hates me for not replying to his messages regularly? At the end of the day, it was me who wouldn't respond for days at a time because I was so busy. What if he got so frustrated with trying to contact me so much? So he gave up in the end.

Your mind started running laps with thoughts and emotions. You snapped out of it, tuning back into what Eren was saying. "Sure, he's stubborn as hell but he's one of the best players on the team. Hell, actually he is probably one of the best in the state."

Stubborn? At least that hasn't changed.

"I respect the hell out of him, that's for sure," Eren said rather proudly.

Despite everything, you felt happy for him, his dreams had come true. His dream job, playing his favourite sport for a living, and a group of friends who were also his teammates. He had accomplished everything he ever told you he wanted to do.

"And I swear when his girlfriend Pieck is watching him from the boxes with her dad. He plays ten times better than he usually does." Eren kept speaking, he had a lot to say.

Girlfriend?

Your heart has fallen into the pit of your stomach. It shouldn't bother you that he has moved on and has a girlfriend but it still stings it was like you had been stung by a colony of bees. Right in the heart.

You kept quiet, trying to process it all for a moment. Eren soon finished speaking and you definitely had enough material to write a lot. You say thank you and how it was nice to meet each other. Marco and you had walked back into the crowd, "So, shall we split up and rendezvous in a bit near the entrance?" Marco suggested, you nodded "Sounds good, see you."
"Good luck." Marco smiled at you one last time before he walked in the other direction.

["Hey, Alexa. Play 'when the party's over' by Billie Eillish"]

You stood where you were for a few moments as you looked around at anyone you recognised from the field. That was until you met eyes with an extremely familiar face, you blinked harshly a few times. Trying to see if you were dreaming, and you definitely were not.

He wore a long-sleeved button-up black shirt with black pants, he had rolled his sleeves up, and he had multiple silver rings on his fingers, his mullet nicely brushed. And so, there he stood, Jean Kirstein. The man you had grown up with, shared a caramel sundae with, cried with, laughed with, and most importantly you were in love with him.

He was your first love, you like to remember it that way. You at least felt a lot more strongly about him rather than just a friend. Considering half the time during high school everyone thought you were dating, you flirted constantly, and you did go on a date or two.

Your heart was pounding, his eyes widened slightly as both of you just stared at each other. You were scared about him not remembering you by what you could see, by the look on his face. He definitely remembers you. You blinked again and he was now walking towards you, internal panic consumed you, and you started playing 10 different scenarios in your head of how this could go. Only one of them was the way you wanted this encounter to end up.

He was now standing in front of you, he had changed so much. He looked good, there was no denying that. But everything felt so different. You looked up at him and pursed your lips as you prepared for what he would say.

"Of all the people in the world, I never expected to see you again."

Those words stuck, it felt like he emphasised every one of those words. It felt like he was very prominent in that fact. You stood there not knowing how to respond, your lips slightly parted. You swallow down the building saliva in your throat, "I- uh," the words were struggling to come out. "Yeah, I didn't think I would see the day," you finally were able to form a sentence, already feeling deflated as this isn't how you ever imagined your reunion.

The tension filled the air around the two of you, it wasn't awkwardness, it was frustration, more so from him rather than you.

"So, how have you been? What have you been up to?" He questioned, trying to cut the tension. "I've been good, I graduated college, then moved away and got a job here in Maria. I'm a journalist."

"You became what you always talked about," he broke a small smile, the suspense finally easing between us. "Yeah, and so did you," you smile a little back. "By what I have heard, you've done very well for yourself. Just like you said when we were 18." He chuckled, "yeah, I guess we both got what we wanted in the end."

But did we get what we wanted in the end?

You savour the moment, it was nice while it lasted, and the tension had evaporated. Only for a few moments, until you were abruptly interrupted.

"Hey, babe. I was looking for you, I was wondering where you had wandered off to!" A raven-haired girl exclaimed. She was fairly short and petite, her hair was pulled back into a ponytail with two strands out in the front of her face. She wore a tight black dress that rested above her knees and had a sweetheart neckline.

This must be his girlfriend. She was very pretty, there was no denying that. You somewhat envied her beauty.

Jean snakes his arm around her waist, your heartstrings are rugged at the action. You thought maybe Eren was lying, not like you knew it was probably true. You were just in a little bit of denial.

"Hey," he smiles down at her, "Pieck this is Y/N, then Y/N this is Pieck."

"I'm his girlfriend, Nice to meet you." She smiles at you. Her tone was slightly bitchy but you weren't going to read too much into that. "Yeah, nice to meet you too." You smile slightly back, you needed to leave as quickly as possible. You couldn't handle having to watch them together any longer. "Well, it was nice to meet you and it was nice seeing you, Jean." You nod at the two of them. "Nice to meet you, Y/N." Pieck gleams and gives you a small wave. "Nice seeing you..." Jean says fairly emotionless, a slight disappointment tone in his voice. You wave a little as you start to walk away, your heart hurting a little.

Why do I care so much? We never dated, we never even kissed. I haven't seen him in 3 years.

You ended up running into the coach, Zeke. You asked him a few questions and wrote every word.

The event soon came to an end and you met back up with Marco. He noticed you seemed a bit off, he asked but you insisted you were fine. He didn't want to overstep so he didn't ask much more. You got a taxi to where the after-party was, and you and Marco mostly talked about work and what you both wrote down.

"It's now time to let loose, you said you were going to meet your roommates there right?" Marco says, "Yeah, I am and I guess you're right." You inhale with a small smile forming on your lips. "I won't be tagging along though, night clubs aren't my thing. But, I'm sure you'll have fun."

"Oh alright, cool," you replied.

a few minutes pass and you feel your phone buzz. It's a group chat with you, Hitch and Sasha.

Aw, cute.

the best gals
today, 8:23

Hitch
heyyyy, Sasha and I will wait for you outside xo

Sasha
Yeah!!! Excited to see you! Hope the work event went well <33

Me
It went alright, I'm looking forward to it. I need a fucking drink

Hitch
that's the spirit, Y/N!

Sasha
Getting wasted is the best way to take the edge off

Me
Absolutely.

——-

They were so sweet. You were so glad that your sister had managed to get you some amazing roommates.

It wasn't long until you made it to the nightclub where the after-party was. You just needed a drink after your encounter with Jean and his oh-so-lovely new girlfriend.

He had it all.

You got out of the text and said goodbye to Marco, you made your way over to the entrance of the nightclub, the line was extremely long. You looked around, trying to spot either Sasha or Hitch. It wasn't long until you heard someone call your name, you look over to the direction of where you heard the voice. You saw Sasha and Hitch waving at you from the entrance of the building, you made your way over until one of the bouncers stopped you in your tracks. "Sorry, miss. You will need to wait at the back of the line." The bouncer said harshly, "Oh, right. Sorry..." you went to walk away until Hitch grabs your wrist and pulls you towards her. "She's with us, be a doll. alright?" she winks at the bouncer, he nods and lets you go in.

The three of you started walking through the crowd, they both linked arms with you. "So, Y/N, you ready for some tequila shots?"

"Absolutely," you grin. You all sit down at the bar and order some drinks, you do your 3 shots of tequila each, and you were all laughing and chatting about whatever.

You had now ordered a cocktail, Sasha ordered a Pina Colada and Hitch got a Gin and Tonic. Hitch and Sasha asked you about work and the event but you told them you just wanted to forget work and have a good time. They obviously agreed and you were thankful.

Hitch ended up getting to some guy that bought her a drink, you and Sasha decided to go to the dance floor. You both were dancing with each other, and the alcohol starting to hit you.

Sasha grabbed your shoulder and turned you in the direction of a tall blonde man, "He keeps looking over at you. You should totally go talk to him."

You look at her with a slightly mortified look on your face, "Oh no, I cannot do that. I can't hit on guys for the life of me, only when I am wasted." You admit to her with a slight panic in your voice. "Come on, Y/N. He could be your future husband!" she exclaims with excitement, "Well when you put it like that-" you get cut off by her pushing you over in the direction of the male. You look back at her with a worried look but she gives you a thumbs-up as reassurance. You walk over to him and he turns to look at you with a smile. He was the guy you saw on the field at the baseball game, Reiner. He wore a tight white dress shirt that highlighted all of his muscles and black pants, his sleeves rolled up. He looked even better up close. "Well, hey there."
"Hi," you smile.
"You want to dance?" he suggested. "Absolutely," you replied, he then takes your hand and you start to dance.
"I'm Reiner."
"I know."

Why did I say that? Oh, well.

"Oh? I guess I really am moving up in the world" he says with a smirk. You chuckle at his response, "I guess so. I watched your game today, you played well."
"Well, thank you. I appreciate it," he says as he holds your waist. You felt shivers go up your spine, it had been a while since you had a man hold your wait kike this, you were not complaining, he was charming. "Were you just watching for fun or are you a big-time fan?" he questions. "I'm a journalist, it was an assignment of mine but I have always been a fan of the sport," you answer.

"Wow, that's amazing. I hope you write good things about us." he laughs a little. "Of course, you won the game."

All of a sudden you had a feeling of someone's eyes burning the back of your head. You looked around briefly and spotted Jean dancing with Pieck, he had his arms snuggly around her waist, and her arms wrapped around his neck.

Of course, you see him again. In one of the worst possible settings.

He looked away as he saw your gaze upon him. Was he staring at you and Reiner?

Your heartstrings felt like they were being tugged at like they were earlier. It shouldn't bother you. You felt had you no right to feel bothered about it. You turned back at Reiner and you started to converse again, your answers became shorter as you felt deflated after seeing Jean and Pieck again.

When the party's over, you just wanted to go home and sleep all of this off.

You never expected any of this to happen. You genuinely thought you would never see Jean ever again. Why had the universe or whatever high power there is brought you back to the same place once more?

--------

Thank you so much for reading!!

I'm really proud of this chapter and you better be ready for what comes>:)

Connect with me!! <3

Tiktok: jeanscoolwife

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3K 120
This is an A/U (Alternative Universe)!! Enemies to Lovers! Modern Au! Y/n Porter and Jean Kirstein have been enemies since what felt like forever. T...
7.1K 275 15
Jean Kirstein has no interest in girls. He'd tried dating and found himself often bored before the end of the evening. Competing for captain of The U...
13.9K 358 27
Y/N L/N is new to town and a late comer to Cadet Corps College. Yes, I know, classic new girl in town trope. She meets a guy who's notoriously known...
1.4K 75 10
Jean Kirstein x Reader (Modern Mafia AU) .Discontinued. Y/n Ackerman, daughter of Martin Ackerman, a notorious mafia boss leading one of the most po...