On Road....

By DarkFlower065

Aepete A successful business, Ae, has everything in life except happiness. Tired from the constant nagging fr... More

Disclaimer
Now....
Someone in my car....
The Hotel
Thunderstorm
Development
Screw it
Night in motel
Parted ways
Wedding
Epilogue
Note

Troubles

337 40 15
By DarkFlower065

Ae's POV:
I was driving carefully now so that Pete would not wake up. It had been quite some time now and I spared a glance at my watch which indicated 3.00 pm. I better wake him up.

I parked my car aside and moved to wake up the person sleeping in the passenger seat. "Pete... Pete... Wake up..." I said in a gentle voice. He scrunched his nose moving a bit before finally opening his eyes. He blinked few times before finally looking at me.

The next moment he sat up abruptly checking his surroundings. "Did I do something wrong?? Did I snore?? Did I start mumbling?? Did I wake you up??" He began to inquire. I can see the worry on his face. "No... I woke you up because it's 3.00 pm and we need to eat something." I said trying to calm him down.

"But... There is no stall around and also...... I don't have money." He spoke in a low tone. "It's alright... I have already bought the food." I said while moving to grab the parcel that I have placed at the back seat. I opened it and handed him the packet. "Thank you so much khrab.." he said while taking it. Soon he was munching happily and I just watched him. I can clearly see that he was hungry.

I began to have my meal. There was no further talk as we both were busy filling our stomach. I fished out my cellphone from pocket and  switched it on. I messaged the manager of my hotel in the city that I was arriving tonight and to keep the penthouse suite ready.

I spared a glance at Pete who had just finished eating. "So, let's proceed?" I asked. "Khrab...." He replied. I placed the cell phone aside and then moved to start the engine.

The drive was all silent as Pete looked out from the window and I concentrated on road. I wonder what he is thinking. He looked so lost in his thoughts.

"What are you thinking?" I inquired not able to hold back my curiosity. "I am thinking about Zee..." He replied. "Zee??" I questioned. "Yes.... My boyfriend... We met in college when he had come for a 6 months course. He was very charming. I happened to stumble into him while rushing for my class, that's how we met. He then began to follow me around, sending me flowers, cards and all, trying to court me. I felt so special with him. But then, his course ended and he left. I also lost his number and was not able to contact him. Thankfully, I still have his address." He narrated.

"So you are telling me that you haven't spoken to your boyfriend and he don't know that you are coming?" I asked in surprise. "What else do you expect me to do?? There is no other way than going and meeting him face to face." He spoke with a bit of anger. His appearance was more like a kitten who was angry. I chuckled looking at him.

"What?? Now you are making fun of me?" He asked in annoyed tone. "No... I was just thinking how cute you look." I replied. Suddenly I realized what I did and immediately bit my tongue. Stupid Ae!! Why do you have to say it so direct??

"Err... We'll stay at a hotel for night. I won't be able to drive. I am tired from continuous driving." I spoke. "Okay...." He replied and turned his head to look out of the window.

We were just little away from my hotel when the tyre got punctured. I stopped the car and got out to check. The front left tire was flat. "Pete, the tyre is punctured. I'll have to change it." I informed. "Khrab.... Do you need any help?" He asked. "No.... You can just wait for a while till I change." I said.

I opened the dickey and removed the spare tyre and tools. I began my work of replacing the tyre with Pete sitting beside me and watching carefully. It had been quite sometime and we heard some bikes passing by. I was least bothered since I already knew how to take care of the car.

I heard the bikes coming to halt and the engines getting switched off. "Ae.... " Pete's voice sounded a bit scared. I looked at him too see the fear clearly clouding his eyes. I turned my gaze to look in the direction he was looking only to find 4 bulky guys approaching us. Something inside me told me that they are not to good.

"Ignore them...." I said to Pete making him turn his head in my direction. "B-but Ae... They are c-coming here..." He replied with stammering voice. "I am there with you. Don't worry. Just stay calm and don't look at them." I said.

He hummed in response and scooted closer to me. I continued with my work ignoring the strangers. "Hey buddy... Need some help??" One of them asked. "No! We are good. We are almost done." I replied while fixing the last screw and moving to turn it.

"We have some beautiful looks here. Hi there, what's your name?" One of them said stepping closer to Pete. I stood up immediately protecting the cute guy from the dirty hands. "I think we are done..." I said in a stern voice. I can feel Pete holding onto my shirt from behind trying to seek some comfort. I knew he was scared. I swiftly pulled out the car key from pocket and pushed it in Pete's hands.

"Get inside the car and lock the doors. There is cell near the steering wheel, press number one as speed dial and as soon as the call is picked up, just say emergency." I instructed. I can see the four guys taking their position all ready to have fight.

Pete immediately got inside the car and locked it. "Easy buddy... We are not up for a fight. We just came for a friendly talk with you and......... Sweets." One of them said while stepping closer to the car.

I know better not to trust this people. "Stay away!" I warned. "Come on man, we can have a talk." One of them tried to resolve. "It's better if you leave. We are done with work and leaving too." I stated.

The next thing, one of them attacked the passenger side trying to open the door. I can see Pete's horrified face as he flinched and moved away from the glass. I immediately grabbed the bulky guy pulling him back and punching him right in guts.

He felt to ground while holding his stomach and yelping in pain. Seeing the move another one of them rushed forward to attack me. I dodged him and then kicked him at the knees making him fall before hitting my elbow at his chest. He too began to wither in pain while rolling on ground.

The other two seeing their partners rolling on ground came to attack. Now I was fighting with two of them, dodging them and also trying to hit them. The other too were also moving to stand on their legs. I hope Pete did as I had told.

One of them joined the two in attacking me while the other went near the car. I can see Pete moving towards the other side in fear as the guy was trying to open the doors. Thankfully, I have purchased a top model with all safety and unbreakable glass.

I increased my pace of attack trying to hit them in places that will give me enough time to get back to the fourth guy. I can see that he was circling the car trying to find a way to unlock the car.

I pushed the three aside kicking one of then in face, other in guts and third one on head. I got some time and I immediately rushed out towards the car and pulled the person away and threw aside. I rushed towards the car and grabbed the screw driver in hand.

I can see them taking defense position but not ready to give up. Alright... If this is what you want. I pulled out the pocket knife and held it in another hand. I won't let these bastards get anywhere close to Pete.

Just then one car began to approach us. I can see all of them being unsure about attacking. Their gaze was dancing between me and the approaching car. And as expected the car stopped just close and all the doors were open.

The next moment all the four of them rushed towards their bikes and disappeared in a blink of eye. I heard my car getting unlocked and soon my body jolted up with sudden impact. Two hands were wrapped around me and a head buried at my back. Little sobs could be heard as Pete began to cry.

I turned around to see him only to find that his face was stained with tears and eyes glossy. His lips were trembling and he began to cry more and more.

"Hey calm down... They are gone... Easy..." I tried to pacify. But the very next moment he wrapped his arms around me and buried his head in my chest. "I am scared... What if something would have happened??" He said in between sobs. "Nothing would have happened. I knew that help will arrive within 5 minutes that's why I asked you to dial the number." I replied.

He didn't say anything further but began to cry more and more. I wrapped my arms around him and started to stroke his back. I don't know why but I didn't want to pull away from him. I felt so complete..... As if this was something I have been searching for. I smiled to myself while I continued to stroke his back.

"Was I called here to witness your lovely dovey moments?" Can's voice floated through the air. Pete got stiffened and immediately pulled away. "I am sorry khrab... I didn't mean to..." He began to apologize.

"It's alright Pete..." I assured. "Meet my friend, Can and Can, this is Pete." I introduced. "Pete, who?" Can asked. I can see the hint of tease. "None of your business. Pete, get inside the car." I said.

Pete moved towards the car and I turned to Can. "Listen, he needs my help. He sneaked into my car when I had parked it on the roadside. He is the one who said that Trump is claiming to be the owner of Intouch Corporation. And that's why I called you to get the info." I explained in short.

"Well, actually, he is speaking the truth. Trump has been claiming to be the owner of Intouch Corporation and not just that, he had been using the name to get his illegal activities done. I have asked someone to get all the details and evidences so that we could take action." Can replied. "Thanks buddy...... Oh, is the penthouse suite ready?" I inquired.

"All ready. But, is he too going to stay with you in the same room?? I mean you know...." Can was back to teasing. "If you forgot then let me remind you that the suite has two bedrooms. And yes one more thing, don't let him know that I am the owner. Just pretend that the hotel belongs to you and you are allowing us to stay." I said.

"Alright.... But may I ask why I have to do it?" Can questioned with a raised eyebrow. I sighed and then replied, "Because if he comes to know that I am Intouch, he might think that I am related to Trump and he will try to escape. And the thing that worries me more is that Trump might find him. I just want to save him from Trump." I replied.

"You might save him from Trump but who will save you from him?? I can see that you are already falling for him." Can said. "Don't assume anything. He already has a boyfriend. Let's head back. I am tired." I said turning around and walking back to my car. His words dancing in my head. AM I really falling?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 13.7K 84
Individuals who fell in love by chance.. Separated,then met one another by chance. Some say, it's a coincidence. Other's foretell, it was destined. ...
97.6K 3.4K 34
Pete - "Let's break up" Ae - "Why?! I can't live without you! Please don't leave me😭" Pete - "Can you give me another chance? 😒" Ae - "So you can d...
40.8K 2.2K 48
Ae falls in love with Pete at first sight and then begins a beautiful relationship. But suddenly Pete disappears from Ae's life without any clue leav...
1.5K 86 9
Feeling the freedom of his 20s with very few commitments, Perth sorts his way through hookups and casual relationships. While satisfied with his "slu...