Troublesome Gold (Degrassi/El...

By DJSwagInABag

It's Dakota's first day at a new school and she's completely freaking out. She's never had a full year in the... More

New Interactions
Awkward Situations
Getting To Know You
Level 43
Sarcasm is Key

Modern Day Cinderella

1.3K 35 16
By DJSwagInABag

*1 hour later*

I was currently lying down on my back on the floor playing with a slinky that I found in a box I was unpacking. Slinky, slinky, oh what a wonderful toy. Slinky, slinky, fun for a girl or a boy. I sang to myself. Honestly, Slinkys are the best toys ever and who ever invented them I just want to give them a big hug for their creativity. I managed to get all of my clothes unpacked into my dressers and closet. I was also able to unpack all my books into my bookshelf where I found this slinky and ended up where I am right now. You could say that I had been very productive today and would soon be done unpacking but with my laziness I'll probably never be finished until October and its March right now.

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to wear later and here I am lying down on the floor looking up at the ceiling. I left some outfit choices on the bed so I quickly jumped up off the ground and stood in front of the decisions. I was almost there I mean; I had it down to 4 outfit choices so that was somewhat good. Normally I would show up in my asphalt grey sweatpants or my Adidas because I was never one to over think about what I was going to wear but this time it seemed different. I suddenly felt the need to look good night.

Maybe it was because it is as if every good looking guy had a huge hot guy meeting and decided to go to this wonderful school called Degrassi which I now attend and I don't want to look like an idiot in front of them.

I decided to take a picture of me in each of the outfits and send them to Imogen so I could get her opinion on them. She knows like all the boys there plus she's got a killer style. Once they were all tried on and sent I waited for Imogen's reply. I wonder which one she's going to like. Actually, I wonder which one Adam and Eli are going to like.

Dakota what are you thinking? You barely know any of these guys. Yes I know but I can't help myself; Adam is so caring and Eli is so mysterious it makes him adorable. I don't know anything anymore. I mentally slapped myself. I feel like there is the devil and an angel on my shoulders talking to me. A part of me wants to go for the boys but the other part is telling me to slow down and breathe.

I sat there waiting for Imogen's reply for what seemed like forever. I continued playing with my wonderful slinky until my mom called me down for supper. This was the first time I was having supper with my mom in a while. I'm used to having supper at my friend Mackenzie's house before we moved because mom would always be on business trips and leave me with them. She would leave for half a year on business and it would just be me, my friend Mackenzie and her 22 year old brother Griffin. That was ok with me though because with Griffin there were no rules. I had complete freedom and we agreed to never tell my mom about it. It was every man (or woman) for themselves. Of course he paid for the food but whatever Mackenzie and I did he never got mad at us. One night we came home completely shit faced and he made sure we didn't throw up all over the place and helped us with our Saturday morning hangovers. I was grateful he didn't tell my mom about that because I would surely be dead if she ever found out. 3 years now and my mom has no idea I lost my virginity to a 22 year old when I was 15 and I drink like tis nobody's business. Good think Griffin is good at secrets. Cheers to me

As I slowly dragged myself down the stairs I took out my phone and quickly texted Imogen telling her to get back to me about the outfits and that I was going to eat supper. Only a couple more hours and it's party time. I thought to myself.

I wish we still lived in California and that Mackenzie and Griffin still lived across the street so I could just go over there. I really missed them and for the past 2 weeks of being here, eating with my mom has been full on awkward city. I jumped over the banister about 3 steps before the bottom. I was an eager hungry beaver. I knew my mom had been making spaghetti with tomato sauce and that was my favourite dish.

I walked into the dining room and sat down waiting for my mom. She appeared out of the kitchen with a plate of pasta and set it down in front of me.

"Mmm smells so good mom." I said inhaling the beautiful sent that is my mom's homemade pasta. She placed her plate in front of her and sat down across from me. Time for the awkward moments. I thought to myself. I quickly filled my mouth with pasta to prevent from talking which only resulted in my mom giving me a weird look.

"What, Degrassi doesn't serve good food?" she asked gesturing to the piece of pasta that was hanging from my lip.

"Numfalemh" was all that I managed to say.

She shook her head lightly and laughed at my professional awkwardness as she began eating too.

"That was so good mom."

"Thank you sweetie" my mom said taking my plate from in front of me and kissing the top of my head "it's been a long time since we had a supper that good don't ya find?"

"Yep it's been forever, and apparently it was worth the wait because that was so so good."

"Agreed." My mom placed the dishes in the sink and began washing them up. My plan was being put into place. I took out my phone to see I got a message from Imogen.

Imo: Baby you look so gorgeous in all of these outfits how do you want me to choose one? Maybe we should send these pictures to Drew and make him decide which one he likes on you ;)

I blushed as I read this. It actually made me think which one Drew would actually like. I typed a reply: Gosh Imogen who said I want to look good for Drew?

Imo: Whatever girl I know who you're trying to impress ;) I really like your red leather jacket and the green ripped jeans. The jacket it super cute. I vote the jacket and jeans.

Jacket it is

Me: I know I can always count on you for clothes Imogen. The plan is in motion right now I just finished my supper and now I'm waiting to feel "sick" when me and my mom are watching TV and then I'll run upstairs and we will get this shit started.

I didn't even realize my mom had finished washing up until I felt the couch dip and I looked up to see her sitting next to me flipping through channels to find something to watch.

"What to watch what to watch." My mom sang to herself. "Honey what should we watch"

I tried my best to sound tired. "I don't know. Anything is fine with me." Did I nail it? I think I nailed it.

"Are you ok sweetie?" definitely nailed it

'I've been feeling tired all day I think I'm just going to turn in early tonight." I said getting up, I hope she believed me.

"Oh, well get a good night sleep and it will make you feel better." My mom said sounding truly concerned about me.

"Alright, thanks mom" I said hugging her "Goodnight!"

"Good night sweetie, see you in the morning."

I wanted to start running up stairs but I had to act all sick so I took my time to slowly walk up, I also texted Imogen so she could tell Eli when to leave.

Me: WOOHOO WE DID IT! I'm seconds away from that party. My mom actually bought it and I'm on my way upstairs now to get ready. I'll meet you guys up the street soon.

Imo: Yes finally ok Eli will text you when he is up your street so you can leave your house. Adam and I are at his place so you guys will past by and pick us up because Adam's house is on the way to The Dot. Can't wait to see you girl.

I was just too excited to reply so I just smiled and put the phone back into my pocket. As soon as I reached the landing I ran towards my room and shut the door. I went into the bathroom and quickly stripped off my clothes and jumped into the shower. I turned the water on and let it slowly run through my hair and down my back. Normally I would be singing but I need to pretend I am sick so I sang really quietly.

I didn't spend too long in the shower because I just didn't have that kind of time to perform a whole concert in there. I stepped out and studied myself in the mirror. I grabbed my blow dryer and began drying my hair as fast as I could. I didn't want to keep Eli waiting. Once that was done I applied a small amount of makeup. When I was satisfied with my face I put on my pyjamas and put the clothes I was going to wear in a bag. I had to climb a tree to get out of here; I wasn't going to rip my favourite jacket because of it. I had to make it seem like I wasn't walking around because I should be sleeping so I sat down on my bed and turned off the lights. I sat there and waited in the darkness to give my mom some believable time to say that I was actually sleeping when I got a text from Eli:

Hey Mrs. Level 42 badass; are you ready to reach level 43 tonight?

Only if you're willing to get there with me. I typed back.

Let's find out. I'm on your street a couple houses down. He replied almost instantly.

Alright I'm on my way.

As quietly as I could I got up and placed some pillows under my comforter to make it seem as if I was lying there sleeping. Once I got it to a shape that almost resembled me I picked up my bag and walked towards the window. I through it outside and listened as it hit with a thud. I hope I don't fall like that bag.

I slowly grabbed onto the frame of the window and reached my feet out onto the tree. Once I was positive I had my balance on the tree I attempted to close my window. I almost fell but thanks to my amazing gymnastics skills I was able to hold myself up on the tree and successfully close it. I made my way climbing down the tree and when there were no more branches left for me to climb I jumped the rest of the way down. Besides from a few cuts and now dirty pyjamas I still looked good. I wanted to get out as quickly as possible so I grabbed my bag and started running out the back yard ducking past the living room window and dashing up the street to see Morty about 5 houses down. My heart skipped a beat when I saw Eli there leaning against the car as he usually is. I don't know why my heart did that.

"Ready for some badass fun, Dakota?" He said once I got to the car and we both got in.

"The question is, are YOU ready to have some fun with me and my badass self ?" I said while raising an eyebrow and smirking at him.

"Those Scooby Doo shorts look pretty hard core badass there I don't know if I will be able to keep up" he said referring to my pyjamas.

"Shut up Eli." I said while playfully slapping his arm. "These are my favourite shorts, there's nothing wrong with Scooby Doo. Now come on, we gotta get to Adam's quick so I can change." I exclaimed and Eli just laughed at me and continued on his way to Adam's

Once we got to Adam's I went to the bathroom and changed quickly and dragged Adam and Imogen out to the car with me.

"Nice to see you to Kody!" Adam said sarcastically as I dragged his arm outside with me.

"Guys I'm too excited to talk. I haven't been to a party in forever I need to have this fun." I expressed as I huffed and sat in my seat.

"Well, we better not delay this party anymore then." Eli said as we took off.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

A/N

Hey guys,

Sorry if that chapter was shit I was having trouble updating because I was drowning in school work and I just didn't have the time. I promise updates will be more regular soon. Well I hoped you guys liked this chapter. New one soon I promise (pinky swear). Remember Fan, Comment & Vote cause I love when you guys do that it makes me happy :D thank you for reading!!!!!!

Love, Ally

Muahh xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370 0 19
a/n- I'm not a very good writer and my grammar is terrible just an FYI but on a real note I just want to make this book for the enjoyment of others...
161 25 19
Natalie has always dreamed about E Miller since that day Freshman year. She's never felt this way about anyone else. For three years she's admired hi...
124K 4.3K 35
"Do you touch yourself Mia?" he whispers. I blush with embarrassment, but I can't lie to him at this moment. He's back in control. "Yes,"I breath out...
4.4M 100K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...