๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ โ˜๐™›๐™š๐™ฏ๐™˜๐™ค

By euphorialuvr222

๐™˜๐™ค๐™ขยท๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ (n.) the easing or alleviation of a person's feelings of grief or distress ... More

๐˜พ๐™Š๐™ˆ๐™๐™Š๐™๐™
prologue
chapter 1 (aka pilot)
chapter 2 (aka stuntin' like my daddy)
chapter 3 (aka made you look)
chapter 4 (aka shook ones pt.II)
chapter 5 (aka '03 bonnie and clyde)
chapter 6 (in between ep. 5 and 6)
chapter 7 (aka the next episode)
eleanor's instagram
chapter 8 (aka episode 7)
chapter 9 (aka and the salt behind you)
eleanors instagram
chapter 10 (aka episode 1)
chapter 12 (aka episode 3)
eleanors instagram
chapter 13 (aka episode 4)
chapter 14 (aka episode 5) PART 1
chapter 15 (aka episode 5) PART 2
chapter 16 (aka a thousand little trees of blood)
chapter 17 (aka the theater and its double)
im sorry!!๐Ÿ˜ฟ๐Ÿ˜ฟ
chapter 18 (aka episode 8) PT 1
chapter 19 (aka episode 8) PT 2

chapter 11 (aka out of touch)

1.3K 24 0
By euphorialuvr222

word count: 2313 words

Little did she know, Nate Jacobs was fucking up yet another thing- this time, one of Eleanor's few friends- as she was sitting blissfully in the arms of her favorite ginger.

Not that Elle would find out yet, of course, because maybe then the guilt would have stopped Cassie. Maybe the look on Eleanor's face when she found out would have sobered her up from the drug that is Nate.

Or maybe not.

Irregardless, Fezco and Elle were finally a thing- kind of. They hadn't exactly, you know, told anyone. I knew because I'm a fuckin' detective, and Ash knew cause Ash is a lot fucking smarter than everyone thinks.

Anyways. On with the story and whatnot.

"Something happened with Fez?" Eleanor's voice was uncertain over the phone, and Ashtray huffed. "Kind of. Fuck. Can you just come?" He was obviously upset, and he was speaking so quietly that Eleanor could barely hear him.

"Can you wait like 30 minutes? I have to make Ethan give me a ride." While Ashtray sighed loudly again, Eleanor ran her fingers through her hair. "Alright, just hurry," he added, his lack of sarcasm startling Eleanor.

Ashtray hung up before she could say anything else, and Eleanor frowned down at her phone. The sense of urgency in his voice made her not question him, and begrudgingly started to walk to her brothers room.

"Ethan? I need a ride," she called out, knocking once on her brothers door before entering. He was sitting on his bed, relaxed, and it took a second before Eleanor noticed the girl next to him. Her black hair complemented her round face, which was bright red.

"Oh my god- Kat?" Eleanor exclaimed, mouth hanging open as Ethan grinned sheepishly.Kat remained silent, her gaze fixed on her hands, while Eleanor gaped at the two.

"Oh, hey Eleanor," he mumbled, and Eleanor just shook her head in shock. "I'm not even going to ask," she sighed, the energy with Kat hadn't been the same since that day at Cassie's, and this wasn't exactly helping the friendship along.

"So, can you give me a ride?" she asked, her gaze leaving Kat, who had sat up, far away from Ethan. "I'm kinda busy-" Ethan began, and Eleanor sighed.

"Please? Something's wrong with Ash," she pleaded. Ethan knew about Eleanor's "friendship" with Fezco, but the relationship, like Kat and Ethan's, was kept a secret.

Ethan looked over at Kat, looking guilty, but Kat just nodded. "No, go ahead," she told him, and he smiled lovingly at her. Eleanor's annoyance faded slightly, because she had never seen Ethan look so- at ease.

Even with his school friends, he never looked like he was completely happy. Despite their differences, the two finally had something in common.

"I'll be in the car!" Eleanor said, already out the door. She grabbed a sweatshirt from her room and pulled it over the shorts she was wearing, preparing to brave the January weather.

The walk (or rather, run) to the car was freezing, the wind not helping the cold.

Ethan appeared a few minutes later, and started the car. The air in the vehicle was awkward, until Ethan finally broke it. "So, uh, now you know," he said, and Eleanor looked up from her phone.

"Yeah. How long have you guys been a thing?" she asked, watching as Ethan expertly navigated the car through the windy street.

She had never learned how to drive, with Nate almost always being available, and it was something that often affected her.

"We officially 'became a couple' at that winter formal." Eleanor raised an eyebrow, her token symbol for disbelief. "Why didn't you tell me?" Ethan took a second to answer, letting out a heavy sigh. "Elle, we both have secrets. I know you do."

Before she could protest, Ethan had pulled up outside of Fezco's house, and so Eleanor left the car without so much as a word.

✧✧✧

"Y'all can't be fuckin' serious," Fezco sighed, rubbing his shaved head with his palm. Eleanor and Ashtray sat on the couch with their arms crossed and a similar upset expression on their faces, however Eleanor's lips had a hint of a smile.

"Yeah we can. Ash has rights too," Eleanor protested, turning to face Fezco and simultaneously revealing her grin.

Fezco sighed as he took a seat on the couch next to Eleanor. "The fuck was I supposed to do?" he asked, focusing on Ashtray, who's face was stoic.

"Say no," Ash grumbled, rolling his eyes. "Exactly," Eleanor said, biting her lower lip to hold back a smile yet again.

It was no secret that Ashtray despised Faye, ever since he had met her, and with the recent news Ash had shut down.

"It won't be forever, bruh. I promise," Fez informed Ashtray, who only scowled. "You fucking say that shit all the time. You're just fuckin' lucky ion hate Elle, or else we woulda had a fuckin' problem," Ash spat, and Eleanor's lips turned up in a smile.

"Am I, like, interrupting something?" Faye stood in the doorway, a sandwich in hand and Ashtray let out a disgusted groan.

"Yeah, my fuckin' life," he whispered under his breath as Eleanor giggled. She waved at Faye, breaking character, which caused Ash to side-eye her.

"You supposed to be on my side," he hissed into her ear, and she held back a smile. "Friends close, enemies closer," she whispered back. Ashtray nodded, though his eyes still held a hint of suspicion.

"So like what are you guys doing? Because I'm literally so bored," Faye said, directing the attention back to her as Ashtray let out yet another annoyed sigh.

"I'm going to my fucking room," he fumed, storming out of the living room. Eleanor saluted him, to which he gave her a slight smile, before going back to his surly expression.

As soon as Ashtray had left the room, Fezco let out a heavy sigh and leaned back against the couch, propping his feet up on the coffee table.

Faye slid into a chair next to the couch, still chewing on her sandwich. "He's so fuckin' pissed, Elle. Ion know what the fuck to do," he sighed, and Eleanor leaned her head against him.

"He's a teenager now. He's gonna be mad sometimes," she said, voice soothing though a part of her still wanted to laugh at how distraught Fezco was over the boy.

"Oh my god, when I was little I was totally, like, crazy!" Faye exclaimed, and Eleanor grinned. "I was such a shy kid," she said, shaking her head slightly.

"Nah, you still fuckin' shy," Fez spoke up, teasing her, and Eleanor rolled her eyes. "I'm not even," she protested, but Fezco just laughed. 

"You always be askin' me to order shit for you when we eatin'," he said, and Eleanor sat up to face him, arms crossed.

"That is so mean. It's called being-" she stopped herself, realizing that she was just incriminating herself. Fezco let out another laugh, and Eleanor glared at him. "Shut up."

Faye watched them interact, chewing thoughtfully on her sandwich before she spoke. "You guys are like really fucking cute. Like, teasing each other and stuff," she remarked, and Eleanor blushed.

Fezco smirked, pulling Eleanor against him as she shook her head. "Wait, so tell me about your boyfriend, Faye," Eleanor said, relaxing against Fez as he pulled an arm over her waist.

"Ohhh, he's so super amazing. Literally love him," she said, sighing contentedly as she finished the last bit of her sandwich.

"That was literally so good. I'm gonna make another, do you guys want one?" Faye asked, smiling at the two before heading back to the kitchen. Before Eleanor could decline, Fezco answered for her.

"Nah, we gotta go to the store. You wanna come?" he asked and Eleanor nodded. Faye grinned at them over the kitchen counter, pulling the peanut butter out of the cabinet.

"After I make my sandwich!" she exclaimed, and Eleanor let out another laugh, planting a kiss on Fezco's cheek before standing up.

"I'm gonna get dressed, give me a minute," she said, gesturing down at the pajamas and short top she was wearing. "Aight, Elle. You best not take an hour again," he teased, and Eleanor glared at him. "That was one time!"

✧✧✧

Eleanor's head was resting against the drink case, relaxing on her phone as Faye hummed along with something behind the register.

She barely heard it when the bell tinkled at the front, signaling the door opening, so lost in the world on her phone. But she definitely heard the voice that spoke next.

Cal Jacobs, the devil's father. He was arguably worse, actually, because Eleanor had a theory that Nate was as fucked up as he was because of his father.

"You have any spearmint gum?" Cal asked, and Fezco let out an annoyed sigh. Eleanor had never told him about how much Cal hated her, but since everything with Nate, Fezco's dislike for the Jacob's was apparent.

"I don't know, man. Gum's right here," Fez replied, and Eleanor attempted to shrink into the corner of the store. "This your store?" Cal asked, his tone the same way he usually spoke to Eleanor- full of hatred. "It's a family business."

"Do your parents own it?" Cal's tone was accusing, and Fezco was clearly beginning to lose patience.

"You usually ask this many questions, man?" Fezco continued to do whatever he was doing behind the counter, out of Eleanor's line of vision. She prayed the Cal wouldn't turn around, or decide he was thirsty and walk to get a drink."Just you."

Fezco sighed again, and Cal did excctly what Eleanor had been silently praying for him not to do: he turned around, and immediately made eye contact with him. His face steeled, not letting a hint of emotion out.

"Oh, I see. Makes sense," he remarked. Fezco frowned, looking over to where Eleanor was sitting, confused.

"She tell you who I am?" Cal asked, turning back to Fezco. Fez shook his head, annoyance clear on his face. "Nah, man," he said, at the same time Faye asked, "Are you a cop?"

Cal smirked, looking at Faye like she was something to eat.

"No. Just a concerned father."

If Fez was surprised, he didn't show it. Eleanor watched as the two continued their conversation, tensing as Cal reached into his pocket and hesitated there for a second, looking back at Eleanor knowingly.

It felt like all the air had left the room, and she felt herself tense up. She forced herself to breathe, digging her nails into her palms, eyes still on Cal's hand.

But when he drew his hand out, all his fingers clutched were a few dollar bills. He placed them on the counter, nodding at Fez. "Keep the change."

And then he left, taking the long way around and when he neared close enough to Eleanor, breathing out one word under his breath before walking out the door.

"Whore."

✧✧✧

"That fuckin' family, bruh. You don't deserve this shit," Fezco sighed, running his fingers through her hair as Eleanor breathed softly.

"It's not your fault, Fez," she mumbled into his chest, and he let out a sigh. "I jus- everybody always be tryna fuck wit' you, and I can't do shit about it," Fez said.

"What are you even talking about? You do so much for me," she told him, shifting her head so that her ear was against his chest.

His heart was beating, slow and soft, and in the few moments it took him to answer she relaxed, comforted by his presence.

"You might be the best fuckin' thing that's happened to me," he said, so softly that she could barely hear it.

He pulled his arm around her, tucking her further into the cocoon that they were relaxing into. "Me too," she murmured, letting out a contented breath. With that, he placed a soft kiss onto the top of her head, and then they were still.

They lay like that, Eleanor breathing in Fezco's familiar scent as his chest raised up and down with each breath he took, until a loud crash sounded from the outside the room.

"The fuck?" Fez mumbled, and Eleanor sat up, wiping her eyes groggily.

"What was that?" she whispered, and Fezco shook his head. "Ion know. I'll be right back, aight?" he told her. "Fez-" Eleanor began, but he shushed her.

"Five minutes, Elle," he said, and she gave in, rolling off of him so he could leave the bed.

She heard him talking to someone in the bathroom, and from the tone of his voice she realized that it was Faye.

Eleanor frowned, grabbing her phone from the bedside table to check the time. It was 2 in the morning, but judging from Faye's daily drug intake, she realized that it probably made sense that she was up.

Six minutes later, Fez was back in the bedroom, and Eleanor sat up from her position on the bed to greet him. "Is she okay?" Eleanor asked, and Fez let out a sigh.

"Shit's tough, Elle. But she'll be fine, gotta sleep it off and shit." He reclined back on the bed, moving his arms around Eleanor and pulling her into him.

"You do so- much for everyone. No matter what. I hope you know that it doesn't go unnoticed," she whispered, grabbing onto one of his hands while he started to rub soft shapes into her back.

He didn't respond, breathing slow and heavy, so Eleanor gave into the prying hand of sleep. She let herself feel safe, secure, something that she hadn't felt for so long.

And as she drifted off, she almost thought she heard him say something, though she couldn't quite make it out.

But it sounded pretty close to, "I love you."
✧✧✧
A/N SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!! been busy, got blackout drunk, etc.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 13.9K 34
๐Œ๐ž๐ญ ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐จ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ
1.1K 2 66
After her father suddenly passes away from cancer, Elena is thrust into a vicious cycle of drug addiction. Orange-tinted plastic bottles and NA key t...