Liberosis - The Hunger Games

Av slytherinchasers

πš•πš’πš‹πšŽπš›πš˜πšœπš’πšœ -πš—πš˜πšžπš— πšπš‘πšŽ πšπšŽπšœπš’πš›πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πšŒπšŠπš›πšŽ πš•πšŽπšœπšœ "Caring too much for my allies... Mer

Epigraph
Part One Cast
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
Part Two Cast
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
Part 3 Cast
24
25
26
27
28
Part 4 Cast
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Part 5 cast
37
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
THIS IS NOT THE END
48
49
50
51
Epilogue- (For now)

38

4.6K 113 25
Av slytherinchasers

Where I'm from, we used to dance in the water on wedding days, the waves that used to sing to us taunt us to drift further into the depths of the ocean to never be seen again. Where I'm from, streets used to smell pleasant, of tropical fruits and sea spray- now it's something rotten, fresh blood decorates the grey stone around the whipping post.

The Pearls don't shine like they used to, the people don't sing, and the children don't smile. The only thing that stays the same is the white we wear on reaping day, white- but as victors, ours has already been tainted. My white dress feels like a lie, perhaps a homage to what I once was- my white was taken the day I won my games.

I sat on the cliff by the cove, painting the world that I used to know, crystal blue water, waves that ripple onto the sandy beach. Two children dancing in the water of the cove, two children that had grown into their worst fears. Victors, killers, traitors. We were everything that we'd prayed not to be. If there was anything up there, watching us from after death, he hated us.

I remember when I was young, as the eldest daughter in a family of six, being told that my reputation needed to be upheld for the good of our family. How the tables had turned, with my parents at the head of a rebellion I wished to stay away from, Andante and Asher were fighting side by side- staring death in the eye as he tried to snap his jaws around them. Addison was the only one who hadn't changed, still quiet, gentle- naïve, a little childish. But we were all grown up now, I wasn't the fourteen-year-old girl chewing gum and skipping class with her best friend.

I was detailing the exact blue of the waves when a deep, teasing voice shocked me from behind, "Damn Rory, those waves look good enough to surf on,"

He was quoting the day he was reaped, all those years ago- the day we had skipped school to play at the cove, we didn't know it yet, but that was the last day of Finnick's childhood. "Hilarious," I whispered, pecking his lips gently, "You'd think after all these years I wouldn't be frightened of you creeping up on me like that,"

"Some things never change," Finnick grinned, sitting beside me and examining my work, "You still get scared when I sneak up on you and I still can't believe I fell in love with someone as adorably gullible as you," I scoffed at his words, rolling my eyes, "I really do love you, you know that right?"

I stood up, abandoning my painting, and helping Finnick to his feet, "And I can sometimes tolerate you to the point where it could be considered love," I teased back, Finnick raised his eyebrow at me, "Just kidding," I whispered, kissing him once again, "I really do love you, almost-husband,"

"Almost wife," Finnick chuckled, as the two of us began to climb down the side of the cliff, "I really like the sound of calling you my wife, 'that's my wife, get you hands of my wife, how gorgeous is my wife,'"

"Careful," I joke, as we reached the point where the rocks met the sand, "It kind of sounds like you're obsessed with me, that's not good for your image,"

"I'll decide what's is and isn't good for my image, thank you very much," Finnick said, offering his hand for me to take, I reached out to take it, but instead he grabbed me, throwing me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "And for the record, love, you are amazing for my image,"

"Finn!" I exclaimed, flailing as he carried me down the beach with minimal effort, "Let me go!"

"Never!" I could tell he was grinning from ear to ear as I groaned, slapping his back several times in protest, "Slap me a little lower and then maybe I will,"

"Finnick," I laughed as we reached the edge of the victor's village.

All the victors sat on the Hadrianus family's porch, enjoying a final breakfast together, Phoenix and Astrid ran up to us excitedly, still oblivious to the conditions of today. We would let them enjoy themselves, their obliviousness was good for all of us. Astrid hugged Finnick's legs, "Uncle Finn, put Aunty Rory down," Astrid ordered, folding her arms.

"Anything for you, your highness," Finnick responded, lifting me carefully back onto the ground. Astrid took his hand and dragged him up to the porch and I moved to follow them, but Phoenix took my hand.

He was young, but he was getting older, at his age, Finnick and I had started training together- he knew what the games were, but there were still things he had to learn. "Mum says you and Uncle Finn are going back- but that's not fair," His lip trembled, "Can I go for you?"

"Oh 'nix," I pursed my lips, bending down slightly so I was on his level, "You will never go into that arena, do you hear me? I must do this, so your mum and Grandma Mags can stay with you here,"

A single tear fell from Phoenix's eye, "But I don't want you to go either," He whispered, tackling me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him, stroking his hair comfortingly, "I love you so much, little man"

"I love you too, Aunty Rory,"

I told him of my paint sets, of the things he could keep once I was gone. Phoenix was an artist like me, I had trained him that way, but he was still quite talented for a seven-year-old. Soon enough our little family sat on the porch, finishing the last of the breakfast and talking solemnly with each other as the sun continued rising over the horizon.

Blaze, Annie, and Reign would be returning to the Capitol with us, Blaze as a member of the prep team and the other as our mentors. It was a time of desperate goodbyes, holding each other tightly because chances were, it was the last time we would see them. Soon enough the horn sounded, announcing the beginning of the reaping.

The streets were filled with a flurry of white-clad people, swarming into the town square as Peacekeepers took up their positions at every exit point. We stood on the stage, Reign and Finnick to one side, Ophelia, Mags, Annie, and I on the other. Finnick and I shared a look, he winked at me cheekily to diffuse the tension of the situation. I smiled reciprocating the gesture jokingly.

Sylvia stood in between us, looking more dishevelled and discontent than she usually did, "Welcome! Welcome!" She exclaimed, her shrill voice seeming fragile and empty, "to the 75th annual Hunger Games and the third Quarter Quell,"

I stared ahead, expressionless, trying hard to keep my composure the video began to play in the background. My eyes scanned the audience in an attempt to find familiar faces, Addison stood in the corner, holding the hands of Phoenix and Astrid, my parents and Asher stood in the corner and Andante was completely missing. Though we were on bad terms, I was immediately filled with dread, perhaps they knew of his activity within the rebellions.

"The Male Tribute for district four," Sylvia's hand reached into the bowl with two slips of paper, it didn't matter who was drawn, all the victors knew who would be going, "Finnick Odair," she said, her voice dropping somehow more heartbroken than she had been before. Finnick's jaw was tense as he took a step past Reign, nodding at the older man stoically and taking his position beside Sylvia. His hands were clenched at his side, but still, he said, nothing, instead he played his part, the heartthrob, giving a wave to the cameras, his trademark smirk on his lips.

"And the" Sylvia paused, swallowing deeply before continuing, "Female tribute is," Four names sat in the bowl, but it hadn't changed the fact I was doomed from the start. "Annie Cresta,"

We had made the deal, it had all been organised, but still, Annie cried out loud and covered her hands over her ears, "I volunteer as tribute," I called, raising my hand, and taking a step forward. Addison broke into tears in the corner of the crowd but tried her best to suppress the sobs as she held the crying Hadrianus children comfortingly. Ignoring all protocol, I walked straight past Sylvia and wrapped my arms around Finnick tightly, we broke apart and his forehead rested against mine as our breaths became in sync.

Sylvia stared at us fondly and I noticed the tear in her eyes, "Ladies and gentlemen, the District Four tributes of the 75th annual Hunger Games- Aurora Hartley and Finnick Odair!"

We didn't raise our hands in victory or make any grand gesture of rebellion, instead, we turned on our heels, marching out of sight followed by Reign and Annie. There were no final goodbyes, we were forced onto the train immediately, it jolted to life in a rush and sped out of the district before any of us could get in a word.

Suddenly as the train sped along the tracks we fell into a solemn silence, all the overwhelming emotions hit me at once and I felt sudden bile rising in my throat that I couldn't suppress. Without a word I stood up and ran to my carriage, unloading the contents of my stomach into the toilet. The vomiting didn't stop, and I felt two hands move behind me to hold the hair out of my face. "I'll get her some water," Reign said calmly, running out of the compartment. Finnick sighed, rubbing my back with one hand, and holding my hair with the other.

"I'm sorry," I said, vulnerable tears escaping my eyes.

"Don't apologise," Finnick responded gently, "I've seen you in a far worse condition, believe me," He joked.

I glared at him, "Not helping,"

Reign returned to the compartment holding a glass of water for me to drink, "Get her into bed, we'll talk strategy tomorrow morning, ok?"

"Thank you Reign," I said quietly, taking small sips from the water as he exited once more. Finnick helped me off the ground and led me into the bedroom, rubbing my back comfortingly as I fell onto the bed with exhaustion.

"Rest," He whispered, kissing my hairline, "I'll be in the shower, ok?"

"Ok," I whispered, rolling onto my side as the man closed the bathroom door. Within minutes my eyes had fluttered closed, and I took in a deep breath. My relaxation was quickly interrupted by the slam of a door. "What?" I opened my eyes to see the face of my brother, wearing a peacekeeper uniform and holding the helmet in his hands. "Dante?" I whispered, pushing myself into a seated position.

"Are you ok?" He asked, standing at the door nervously, I nodded, glancing around the room awkwardly. We hadn't spoken in a long time, after the events that had occurred between us, I wasn't sure how to act around him. But Andante answered the question for me, wrapping his arms around me and burying his head into the crook of my neck, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Rory- I hate myself for everything I've done to you,"

"What are you doing here?" I hissed to him, hugging him just as tightly.

"Plutarch has a plan," He said, sitting beside me on the bed, "To get Katniss Everdeen and a group of other victors out of the arena, including you- and Finnick," he explained mutedly, "There's a group in the Capitol assisting in the breakout, but we need more people on the inside of the games to ensure that everything goes according to plan."

"Which districts are involved?" I questioned.

"Three, Five, Seven, Eleven and Twelve- and Four, if you wish to help," Andante answered.

"If Everdeen aware-"

"No, neither is her partner- Peeta and Katniss need to remain oblivious, but Haymitch is working on getting them through with sponsors, don't worry. The victors and Plutarch will be meeting following the Tribute Parade, you'll know what to do then, ok?" He instructed me.

I breathed shakily, live, and potentially die as a rebel or die as a slave to the President's games. The first option should have been all too clear, but whose lives were I endangering by going against such a powerful man.

I could save Finnick.

I must save Finnick.

"If I join, promise me, you'll get Finnick out. If you have to choose, save him, not me- promise me," I whispered, wrapping my arms around my brother once more.

Andante hesitated, but nodded never-the-less, "I promise," 

Yes, I changed Atlas' face claim from Theo James of Oscar Isaac, fight me. 

FortsΓ€tt lΓ€s

Du kommer ocksΓ₯ att gilla

15.2K 409 28
The Hunger Games | Finnick Odair ----------- ❝Don't leave me, please don't leave me. Don't leave me alone.❞ ❝I won't leave you Finnick,❞ She kissed...
716K 25.3K 68
The life of a victor isn't always great. Amelia Sawyer knew that all too well. After winning the 67th Hunger Games, she found herself back in Distric...
8.7K 140 19
Amily Tides may have survived the life of a victor thus far, but will she survive the rebellion? - A Finnick Odair x OC love story [This is a MATURE...
508K 12.2K 22
❝You want me to babysit them for you?❞ ❝A little bit of blood is the least of my worries.❞ ❝I don't care how well I do, I don't care if I get hurt or...