adopted by elizabeth olsen

By marvellover12543

holly is 15. she is broken and has never really lived a good life. will she meet the woman to save her from i... More

introduction
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
part 9
part 10
part 11
part 12
part 13
part 14
*authors note*
part 15
part 16

part 1

2.5K 60 19
By marvellover12543

Hollys pov:

' there's $60 on the counter me and your father will be gone until 9pm so just do as you please and don't ring us'. Typical. They really don't care what I do, sometimes I wish they did but then again they give me money and I only have one rule. Don't ring them. In all fairness, that seems like every teenagers dream but it can get quite lonely. The people who are supposed to be your parents don't comfort you when you're sad they don't even care enough to let you call them if you're in need. Anyways, enough feeling sorry for myself I need to figure out what to do today. It's my first time ever in LA. My 'parents' had to move here for 4 weeks for work and I know nobody. For god sake I don't even know my way around this city.

I got out the shower and blow dryed my ginger hair. Yes I have ginger hair and I get bullied for it quite a lot, it does upset me sometimes but it's just a hair colour and at the end of the day they're probably just jealous they don't have the rarest hair colour in the world. I didn't know wether to curl or straighten my already straight hair but I decided to straighten it. I know I know you're probably going to tell me there's no point but I feel it looks nicer when I straighten it so that's what I'll do.

I done some light makeup and I had to pick out an outfit. I actually wanted to bother with my outfit today since this place is the place for fashion and there's lots of celebrities around here. I didn't own too many nice clothes but I decided on black jeans, an army green hoodie and my Jordan's

( if you don't particularly like it you can imagine something more you're style)

Before I knew it I was in an Uber on the way to the main city. 'First time here?' The Uber driver asks. 'Um yeah, how could you tell?' I asked with great curiosity. 'Never seen you around and you look really nervous, there's nothing to worry about my name is Linda and I'm normally the Uber driver who picks people up from your apartment stack' She replied. She seems nice I like this Linda person and I'm sure we will become great friends. 'Oh yeah haha it's nice to meet you Linda my name is Holly and I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of my around, is there any place you could recommend me to eat lunch and chill?' I asked as I really have no idea about this place. 'Oh i look forward to seeing you Holly, yes there is a place I can recommend you, it's called Carrera Cafe it's a nice quiet cafe and their coffee is flavoursome' She replies. I am honestly so grateful towards her. 'Thankyou Linda I will definitely check it out goodbye' I say as I climb out of the car 'Bye dear!' She says loudly to make sure I hear her. She had dropped me off outside of the cafe, it doesn't look too full, which is good because i probably wouldn't have went in otherwise.

I take a seat at a table in the corner. It was a nice seat, mostly hidden from everyone else. The waiter brought my coffee over and I got my book out of my cute tote bag I had brought with me.

and I started reading my book. Linda did not lie about this coffee it is amazing! It got to 2pm and this lady had came to my table, not realising I was sat at it. 'Oh my god I am so so sorry I didn't see you there!' The woman says. She was stunning. Beautiful emerald green eyes and long blonde highlighted hair. 'Oh i can move if you'd like, you can sit here' I say back to her. 'Don't worry darling, it's just nobody normally sits at this table, I'll sit at another. May I ask what a young girl is doing in a cafe all alone in the middle of a very busy city?' She asks. I mean it's nice of her to care it's just I don't really feel like telling her my 'parents' don't care about me and leave me to fend for myself. 'Oh you know, just for some peace and to clear my mind' 'okay as long as your safe, goodbye sweetheart have a good day'. She leaves the cafe all together with her ready to go coffee. Never have I ever met anyone so nice in my entire life. I surely hope she is a mother, her kids must appreciate her so much. I tried to go back to reading my book but i couldn't get that lady out of my mind. Eventually, I brought myself to leave but first I had to work out my money. I had $50 left $7 for an Uber and $3 for my coffee. So what I had left to spend was $43 taking off the money for the Uber back. I cleared the table and left.

Now I did want a new shirt as I don't have very many and most of mine were old or from thrift shops. I went to many stores but none really carried my size. Finally, I found a really cute shirt that I fell in love with:

It was really cute and only $7 which I thought was really cheap, then I saw another:

That one was also $7. I really wanted to find some cute ripped jeans to go with both shirts. I didn't own ripped jeans and i thought they'd go cute with both tops, so I went searching:

They were $20. So all together that was $34. That means I had $9 left. I will buy a book and a cute hair clip with that.

I got this pack of 3 for only $3! I went to the checkout and payed for my items. Now all I had to do was find a book store. Luckily, there was one about 7 stores down. It was a cute little store. I was looking around for a bit until I bumped into the woman I saw before. 'Oh hey again, how's the clearing your mind doing? See you're doing some retail therapy' Wow. She really is so kind. I mean to remember me from a few hours ago. A stranger who she talked to for 10 seconds, that made me feel special for some reason. 'Oh yeah haha I'm just looking for a good book and then I shall be heading home, do you have any good recommendations?' 'Oh yes! You have asked the right person for book recommendations, i recommend they both die at the end, it's really good!' 'Oh thankyou, i don't mean to be that person but could you show me where it is?' I ask. 'Oh of course not a bother!' She leads me to the book. I pick it up to see it was 11 dollars, i only have 6. 'Oh thankyou ma'am but this is $11 and i only have 6 do you have any cheaper recommendations?' 'None sense!' She replies. 'No kid should be stopped from reading, especially because it's so rare to see a teenager reading nowadays, I'll give you the extra $5 sweetheart, I really want you to read this book. 'Thankyou ma'am, but I don't want to be a burden really you don't have to' 'you're not a burden, I wouldn't have offered if I didn't want to!' 'Oh okay then, thankyou so much, it means a lot!'

I take my Uber home, yep it was Linda. We had a nice conversation about how my day went and then I went up to my apartment and went straight to my bedroom. My parents weren't home yet, of course. I didn't have anything else on my mind but the mystery woman I had bumped into twice that day. I felt safe in her presence, almost like it was a maternal figure standing infront of me. It's definitely my attachment issues, I need to get this idea out of my head before it turns into something I can't control.

Lizzies Pov:

I lay in bed. Staring at the ceiling. Not being able to sleep thinking about that girl I had bumped into twice today. It's weird but I felt this maternal instinct whenever I was near her. It's crazy, she probably has a mother and would judge me so hard if she knew I was thinking this. Or maybe she's thinking the same... none sense lizzie she isn't. Absolutely isn't.

⚠️TW⚠️

Hollys Pov:
My parents got home. Yey. 'Holly come here now!' My so called mother shouts. 'Yes mom?' What have you done today. ' I went to get some coffee and some shopping and I bought a book' 'good you need the education you're so stupid'. If only she knew how smart I really was. I was top of my class! 'Anyways, what have you had to eat today?' 'Uhm um toast?' I knew I was lying. They had always told me I was too fat to eat anything and I don't deserve any food but recently they've been obsessed with making sure I eat. I assume I have a checkup at the doctors soon and they need to be a healthy weight, or they didn't want me to waste away so they wouldn't get any money anymore. Anyways I was so done with them. 'Don't lie to me! You've had nothing! You need to eat something here have this!' She shoved something in my mouth. I think it was a sandwich I'm not sure. I ate it tho, I didn't want to be punished. 'Good now go to bed, I can't stand to see the sight of you any longer'

I ran off. Crying. As you may have guessed. I went and threw up the food I had just forcefully been made to eat and pulled out my blade. I can't eat as it makes me feel guilty and awful and when I feel those things it makes me do this. I finished what I was doing and I bandaged my thigh up. It's bad this time. Really bad. In the end I just fell asleep.

•••••••••••

First chapter done!! This took me so long!! Feel free to leave some ideas! How we feeling about this story? We liking it? Not liking it? Let me know!

Love yous!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 1.8K 18
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 ๐Ÿ†
110K 5.3K 41
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€›แ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€™แ€ผแ€ฒแ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธ แ€แ€ผแ€ฐแ€แ€ผแ€ฌแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€•แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€ฐแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ถแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€™แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€”แ€ฑแ€แ€ผ...
34.3K 2.7K 30
Denique is an innocent virgin girl who met the young don and fell inlove. Read to find out more๐Ÿ“š
363K 9.5K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ง...