Thrill of Adventure

By RobinBPrince

Much different from her mother, Y/n loves going on adventures and solving mysteries. One day, at age 17, she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 7

272 6 1
By RobinBPrince

'I think we're going to make it'! I said happily when we walked towards the castle.

'Oh, piece of cake', Hoggle said as goblin soldiers started surrounding us. One blew a horn, sending everyone to attack.

'Quick, this way'! I shouted as we ran in the opposite direction.

We hid in a alley and watched as goblins ran by.

'Okay, through here', I said and ran, making sure the coast was clear. We hid somewhere else and repeated the process.

We started running toward the castle when I saw someone missing.

'Didymus? Where's Didymus'? I  asked when I saw a cannon pointed at us.

'Duck'! I yelled as we all ducked when the cannon ball flew over our heads. 'We have to find Didymus! Down this way'! I shouted as we ran again. There was another cannon shot at us as I was next to a house.

'Quick, guys! In here'! I said and opened the door as Ludo and Hoggle followed. Ludo went all the way to the top and opened the roof. Me and Hoggle started pushing goblins out of the window and fend them off.

'Ludo call the rocks'! I shouted as he started howl. Suddenly, a house fell on some goblins. 'That was fast'.

'Not me', I heard Ludo say and I frowned.

'Oh. I'm gonna need you to hurry, big guy'! I shouted up at him.

He howled more as we kept fending off goblins.

'Ludo'! I called up as he howled louder. The soldiers ran away with the rocks chasing them as we make it out of the house.

We stopped unawaringly stopped in front of a firing cannon until I looked over.

'This way'! I said as we ran before 3 soldiers stopped in front of us.

'Ha, ha! Now we got ya'! One said before rocks knocked them over, causing them to run away.

'Ha, ha! No you don't'! Hoggle mocked with a smile as we continued running.

Honestly, I found this really fun and thrilling. There was a machine gun device shooting at us as we hid behind a fountain.

I look to see a rock landing on it, smushing it. We start making our way to the castle when I stopped.

Sir Didymus'! I called out.

'Coming'! He yelled as he started heading over while riding Ambrosius.

We were finally in front of the castle as I tried pushing on the giant doors. Ludo helped me push it open as we walked in.

'This way'! I said and lead them to the main room of the castle. I looked at the clock to notice I only have............3 minutes.

I looked over to the throne to see the crystal ball but when I reached for it, it disappeared.

'That little cheat'. I looked around to see a set of stairs next to us. 'That's the only way he could've gone', I said and looked back at them.

'Well then, come on', Hoggle said as they started to walk.

'No, no. I have to face him alone', I said softly, stopping them.

'But why'? Didymus asked as I looked at my friends.

'Yes..' Hoggle trailed off.

'Because that's the way it's done', I said as they looked sad.

'Well, if that is the way it's done, that is the way you must do it......but, should you need us'? Didymus asked with concern.

'Yes, should you need us'? Hoggle asked as I gave them a small smile.

'I'll call...thank you...all of you', I said and started walking upstairs.

Suddenly the room was full of stairs. I looked around and then I saw Jareth. He was coming from all different directions until he tossed the crystal ball and I saw Henry.

'Henry'! I ran up some stairs but Henry seemed to nose wherever I went.

I looked down and saw him.

'Stay there'! I took a deep breath before jumping but it felt like the gravity was slowly me down.

When I landed on the ground, I looked around and saw Jareth in the shadows. He started coming out of them and walked over to me.

'Give me the child', I said as I watched him walk closer to me.

'Y/n, beware. I have been generous up until now. I can be cruel', he said.

'Generous? With what exactly'?

'Everything! Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me. I was frightening. I have re-ordered time. I have turned the world upside-down, and I have done it all for you'!

Jareth stop walking, so that he may face you. I thought about what he just said.

'I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous'? Jareth ask tiredly as Jareth stands in close proximate with me.

'But I never wanted that. I never wanted my brother to be taken. I thought it was just some story', I said.

Jareth tilt his head to the side.

'Yet you still made the wish for it', Jareth point out.

'That was a mistake. I was playing around. I didn't think it will actually happen', I answer back as my (e/c) eyes stare back at mismatch pupil size eyes.

'Mistake or not. I still done want you've ask for and willing to to do more. All you have to do is let
me rule you', Jareth offers, leaning in closer so he may faintly whisper his last sentences. I felt my face grow hot and my heart grow.

If it weren't for Jareth leaning in closer, I wouldn't have be able to hear what he had said. But I did hear it and now stuck with Jareth being so close to me.

'Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered. I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the goblin city'. I walked forward and he back. 'For my will is as strong as yours... and my-'

'Stop... wait. Look,Y/n. Look what I am offering you. Your dreams', Jareth whisper.

I always wanted to live in my dreams. He has your attention. Good. Now he has to keep going if he wants to convince you.

'And my kingdom is great', I continued, walking toward him as he slowly walked back.

'I ask for so little. Just let me rule you', Jareth speaks in a gentle voice. 'And you can have everything that you want'.

My mind is racing. I need that crystal ball and Jareth speaking to me. Having all his attention on me isn't helping. I thought.

'I'm doing this for my family, my brother, my mother, Jareth. I loved this adventure, the flowers that grew right before my eyes but this world is strange'. He gave me a frown like he didn't know what I was talking about.

'Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave'.

I thought again. It's been so long since I read the book. Then it clicked. I looked at him, my heart beating out of my chest.

Do I want to leave? If I don't, my bother will turn into one of those goblins. I can't let that happen.

'You have no power over me'.

A clock chimed and I looked around as everything began to change. As everything around me blurs, leaving me in a confuse state.

The sound of wings flapping bring me out of the confusion. Looking in front, in the spot where Jareth should be.

I instead watch an owl flap it's wings and fly around me. Only to fly out of a window.

I look around to see that I was standing on the bottom floor of your house.

'Henry'! I cried out, immediately running up the stairs to get to Henry's cot. Running through the hallway,

I turn the lights on and see Henry is safe and sound inside his cot. Fast asleep.

Turning the light off and closing the door as I leave the room.

I entered your room, where I put away the book.

'Honey, we're home'! I here my mother call. I ran downstairs and hugged her. 'Well, you missed us'. I pulled away and my eyes widened.

'Uncle Toby'! I hugged him tightly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 2.1K 39
On the night that Sarah is sent home from the labyrinth, a man who she knows is Jareth appears at her door. However, despite her knowing this, he see...
12.2K 724 41
Mat a young woman who always felt out of place in her life... She never did fit in anywhere, an outcast from the age of eleven, she never felt whole...
1.6K 34 13
18 year old Lorie gets a ticket and VIP passes to a David Bowie concert from her friends Kimberly (Kim) and Keith. Sadly, though, Lorie's parents don...
239 22 24
Eighteen-year-old Lilith is given thirteen hours to solve a labyrinth and rescue her baby sister, Hikari. When her wish for Hikari to be taken away i...