Ascension of the Kitsune by W...

Od shiriochi

Naruto finds out the horrible truth about his family, leading him to the Kyuubi. Watch as the elemental natio... Více

Chapter 0: Prologue
Chapter 1: Abandonment
Chapter 2: A 'Friend' Emerges
Chapter 3: A Legend is born
Chapter 4: Training: Year 1
Chapter 5: Training: Year 2
Chapter 6: Training: Year 3
Chapter 7: Training: Year 4
Chapter 8: Training: Year 5
Chapter 9: Training: Year 6
Chapter 10: The Return
Chapter 11: Wave's Current (Part 1)
Chapter 12: Wave's Current (Part 2)
Chapter 13: Meetings
Chapter 14: Chuunin Exams (Part 1)
Chapter 15: Meeting the Neko
Chapter 16: Chuunin Exams (Part 2)
Chapter 17: Chuunin Exams (Part 3)
Chapter 18: Chuunin Exams (Part 3 - Continued)
Chapter 19: Chuunin Exams (FINAL)
Chapter 20: Invasion!
Chapter 21: Family Reunion
Chapter 23: Of Rescues . . .
Chapter 24: . . . & Goodbyes
Chapter 25: Three Long Years
Chapter 26: The Fourth Great Shinobi War (Part 1)
Chapter 27: The Fourth Great Shinobi War (Final)
Chapter 28: Spoils of War
Chapter 29: The Return Home
Chapter 30: Epilogue

Chapter 22: Heroic Victims

2.1K 37 6
Od shiriochi

With Natsumi & Hokage,

"You have any ideas Kyuubi-san?" Sarutobi questioned through panted breath, while holding himself steady with his summon boss Enma who was in his 'Kongounyoi (Diamond-Like Hardness)' staff form.

"Not unless you have two corpses lying around that I could use..." She growled out, making him look at her like she grew a second head. "...nevermind." She retorted flatly.

Both warriors who though fought valiantly up until this point were reduced the shambles of their former selves. Most of Sarutobi's armor was dented or broken off, with many lacerations across his body. Meanwhile Natsumi though looking much better then him physically, the damage she has taken could easily be seen through the cloths she wore or...what was left of them. Her pants now could only be considered short-shorts with the many rips in them, and most of her shirt also cut up showing much of her stomach. If not for her demonic healing, she'd hate to see how she'd look at the moment.

Although they were still physically able to fight, the main problem was their chakra. Both of them were running out. Normally they both could have handled the previous Hokages fine, but considering the means in which they were revived, it seemed that it was impossible to inflict a mortal or even debilitating wounds on the bodies themselves...they would just be healed immediately afterwards. So even for a demoness who was believed to have unlimited chakra, a situation like this would look bleak...and would be even worse for an elderly shinobi even one as strong and experienced as Sarutobi was.

The two zombie like Hokages finally fully healed after the combined onslaught of jutsu their enemies fired at them. They each got into their unique stances, before bounding off towards their prey, Natsumi and Sarutobi immediately noticed and prepared themselves to continue on with the fight.

"Dammit...where is you're boyfriend when we need him?" Sarutobi growled out, preparing to swing Enma at the incoming opponents...that is before both Hokages were sent careening backwards thanks to a pair of infamous blue spheres.

A pair of men suddenly appeared in front of the still living pair, one with a unique white coat with flames licking the bottom, and the other with five orange swishing fox tails.

"You called Ojii-san? Oh and I'm her mate not boyfriend." Naruto joked, while turning his head in a profile view a large fang filled grin across his lips.

"Naru-kun!" Natsumi gushed, while launching herself at him her arms wrapping themselves around his neck.

"Hai...and I brought a friend." He said poking his head towards Minato, who was just smiling.

The two just looked at Naruto oddly, but Natsumi quickly understood what he meant and smiled at him.

"Ah...welcome back then Minato-san" Natsumi greeted respectfully.

"Arigato Natsumi-san."

"Ok...someone mind explaining?"

"Hai...I too would also like to know why my third killing machine hasn't completed his assignment." Orochimaru's voice cut through the four, after having enough of being ignored.

"Gomen...but that would ruin the surprise of figuring out how to undo you're Edo Tensei" Naruto said with an intimidating leer.

"Don't make me laugh boy...you are far to young, and inexperienced to understand the workings of my jutsu. Let alone happen to have learned a jutsu that could counteract it." Orochimaru sneered.

Naruto smirked. "Unfortunately for you...I happened have a very wise demoness by my side, as well as a genius doctor/researcher as a dear friend. So in this case many things are possible...one of them being the complete resurrection of my Tou-san."

"Nice bluff child but I'm not buying it"

"Its not a bluff...why do you think I tried so hard to stop you from putting that talisman inside his body? If you had he wouldn't have given me enough time to think up a way to free him...if a way was even possible. And although I wanted to show him how my life was...I simply used how my life had been, and combined that with you're hatred of him, as well as your sadistic tendencies to appease you enough to give me the necessary time I needed with him having a clear head. So thanks to you I found a way to do so...so arigato." Naruto said with a victorious smirk.

"This...this...CHILD!" Orochimaru raged mentally. "He's played me from the beginning...using my hatred of that man, and seducing me with the idea about his life, that would have tortured that man's soul for eternity knowing what he did to his son..." He thought, his smirk slowly leaving his face. "...I underestimated his cunning, and manipulativeness. If not for this situation he would be quite a nice body to take over, or to at least be a subordinate of mine."

"Well played child, I applaud you on your victory. However that was simply a victory in the battle, you are quite far from victory in the war. I can tell that your little group is quite exhausted from fighting my summons, and with only Minato-kun, and you to fight...I doubt very much that you will survive this encounter."

"Thats true Orochimaru, I'm the only one that is currently at full power...but really I'M the only one needed to beat you and your summons." Minato announced, making everyone look at the elder blond quizzically."

"Oh? How pray-tell exactly this is a fact my dear Minato-kun" The snake retorted chuckling.

"Simple...the way my son revived me, showed me another way to defeat you...or more specifically your other two summons...and luckily I know just the justu for that." He answered back, his infamous Hokage smirk gracing his face before beginning a set of hand signs, a set that Sarutobi and Natsumi knew intimately.

"Minato-kun...you can't really be thinking of using that AGAIN!?" The elder man shouted.

"Gomen...but apparently without bodies, Naruto-kun's own justsu won't work. So this is our only option to not only survive but more importantly WIN!"

Sarutobi just looked down in sadness and shame, with Natsumi biting her lip for the same reasons. While it was true the man before her caused her own imprisonment, she still respected him for the reason behind it in the first place.

"Whats the jutsu?" Naruto questioned.

"Shiki Fuujin" Sarutobi said solemnly, making Naruto slightly gasp and turn towards his father.

"Gomennasai everyone, but as I said this is the only way to win...and I've technically been dead for over a decade. So even with my sochi's revival of me...with me using it again no one will question it."

"That doesn't mean anything! Your sochi revived you! You have another chance at living Minato! Let me be the one to use that cursed jutsu! I've already lived a good life, and I'm already considering retirement after this! But retiring by saving the village is a far better way then dying an old man!" Sarutobi shouted while trying to reason with the still sealing blond.

"Gomen but I too feel that way. Plus even if I gave you the chance, you don't have enough chakra to summon the shinigami, let alone enough to pull not one but three souls with you. Gomennasai, but I'm the only one that can do this now. I've sacrificed my life to save this village once before and I have seen the rotten fruits of that sacrifice. Let me do things right this time, by doing so for my family...not the village but for my family. For once in my life I want to be a Tou-san, husband, and friend FIRST, and a Hokage second...onegai" He pleaded, tears already rolling down his cheek.

The three with him were speechless at his words, none knew what to say to argue with him...and deep down they knew they couldn't take away this personal, and final request. Naruto walked up to him, and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"I may not like it, but I understand Tou-san. Personally I'd rather have you try to live the life I gave you, but if you feel this way is worth it I certainly won't stop you. I'm behind you Tou-san, and I'm proud of you...I'll give you the time you need to complete the jutsu" He reassured with a sad smile, tears also brimming his eyes.

Minato couldn't say anything, and saw his other two comrades nodding their heads in an affirmative manner at his request. Minato just nodded in acceptance, silently thanking them for helping him, and respecting his wish.

"Ah so you are finally finished with this overly dramatic scene?" Orochimaru said, his tone sounding like he was sick to his stomach. "Good...then kill the blond one." He finished, with a sickening grin.

The zombie Hokages nodded at their orders before shooting off towards their target. Naruto, Natsumi, and Sarutobi jumped in front of Minato as a shield until he finished his jutsu. And although all three were severely weakened thanks to their previous battles, they were still strong enough to keep the enemy Kages busy long enough for Minato to finish his handsealing.

"Fuuinjutsu: Shiki Fuujin (Spirit Sealing Method)!" The blond shouted, after he slammed his hand into the tiled roof.

The entire area dropped to such temperatures that breathe could be seen. The battles stopped mid punch and looked upon the effect of the jutsu. There behind Minato floated a white clad being, that looked like a demon...the Shinigami.

"Who summons the Shinigami?" A voice that caused all living beings that heard it to shiver.

"I have Shinigami-sama." Minato said while bowing towards the transparent being.

The Shinigami looked down to see it's summoner, and to those who could see it clearly thought they saw the being actually looked shocked...or as shocked as a death god could look.

"You! You have already summoned me once before, and used your soul as the price...how have you escaped your fate?"

"Unfortunately Shinigami-sama, that is a bit long to explain..." Minato answered scratching his head nervously...it was never a good idea to upset a god. "...but long story short I was summoned to this realm by a kinjutsu, and as events came to pass my soul was placed inside a human's, causing me to become alive once again. And now I need your help in free two other souls of my brethren that have suffered from the fate of this kinjutsu, as well as take the soul of our summoner."

The Shinigami spoke after a minute of contemplating the situation he was summoned into. "While I do not approve of the circumstances of the situation at hand, I am honor bound as a god to not directly interfere with the mortal plane, sans soul collecting. Be that as it may...because this situation is out of my control and I have been summoned once more, I will repeat the process that you had me do all those years ago. Who are the two that are you're brethren?"

Minato without a second though pointed at the zombie Hokages.

"Understood, and the summoner you spoke of?"

Minato then pointed towards a quite frightened Orochimaru...who since the summoning hadn't moved an inch nor taken the opportunity to kill his enemies due to the simple fear of the god floating in front of him.

"Understood...you realize that you will be sacrificing your soul for a second time? And no jutsu in the world will allow you're escape for a second time...I'll make sure of that I promise you."

"Hai...I understand, and accept these terms Shinigami-sama."

"Very well...prepare yourself mortal."

The god's eyes soon began to glow a blood red, and the next moment Minato's soul floated above his body. The god grabbed it, before a transparent arm jumped out of Minato's stomach. The arm then shot forward before splitting into three smaller ones all flying towards their targets. The zombie Hokages didn't understand the situation, but they still realized that whatever these hands were they were clearly an enemy, and began to evade their grasp, the same as Orochimaru had began.

"Damn...this completely ruins everything! I didn't think those three were still strong enough to protect him long enough for him to perform that jutsu! This whole invasion seems to have backfired even before it began! The only saving grace is that I was able to mark Sasuke-kun. So all I have to do is wait until he comes to me." Orochimaru though as he continued to dodge the agile arm, though noting that the Shodaime had just been caught, and his soul was already being extracted. "I can't be captured here...if nothing else I need to escape and try to plan my next move. But this barrier will have to go...this place is to restrictive with that arm." He concluded, as he back pedaled towards the barrier, before ordering the Nidaime to jump in front of him just as the hand hunting him was about to grab him, but grabbed the Nidaime instead.

"DROP THE BARRIER!" Orochimaru shouted to his four bodyguards.

The sound four immediately deactivated the barrier and jumped off towards their leader who was flying through the air towards Konoha's main gate, but the final hand was still following close behind, nipping at his heels.

"Jirobou!"

"Hai Orochimaru-sama." The boy answered, flying next to the snake sannin.

"Good work..." Was the snake's only response, before he grabbed the over-weight teen and threw him at the hand when it would have no time to dodge the body. "...seems even you can't defeat me Yondaime-sama! Until we meet again!" Orochimaru yelled back while laughing maniacally, as he and the three remaining guards continued on to the gates.

"Dammit..." Minato cursed, as he fell to a knee, his comrades and the ANBU officers watching the battle ran to his side. "...gomennasai everyone...seems that bastard got away again." He finished, after falling to the ground.

"Its only a matter of time...his luck will run out soon enough you can count on that." Naruto retorted, making Minato smile as he closed his eyes, feeling very tired all of a sudden.

"I'm sure my sochi...I'm sure. But before he gets too much of a head start you should follow him and finish the job."

"What about you Yondaime-sama?" The ANBU captain questioned.

"You know what that jutus requires Taichou...nothing can be done. I will die once more, but this time protecting those people that I love."

"I'm proud to have seen you fight with my own eyes Yondaime-sama, you are an inspiration." He retorted, making Minato laugh.

"Perhaps, but I'm still only human, I make mistakes just like anyone else. But I'm glad I had a second chance to make amends to those I've wronged the most...at least a few of them anyway. Naruto are you there...its getting hard to see." Minato questioned, raising his hand as if searching for him, the light in his sapphire eyes growing duller as the minutes rolled by.

"Hai I'm here Tou-san" He answered, grabbing the man's hand in his own.

"Strong grip sochi...I'm glad, you'll be able to protect those close to you with that strength. However never forget that, not only do you need strength of the body and mind, but you also need strength of the heart to protect those you wish to."

"Hai"

"Natsumi-san?" The now paling man called out, making the vixen quirk an eyebrow.

"Hai Hokage-san?"

"I've been meaning to say this ever since I saw my sochi's memories...arigato. Arigato for taking such good care of him, when no one else would. I'm not completely sure of you're reasons for doing so...but I'm happy he has someone like you in his life. But more important then that, I would like to apologize for what I did to you all those years ago. I was young, brash, and scared shit-less when you came roaring towards the village. I believe I jumped to conclusions before I gave you a chance to explain your reasons for being here in the first place. I as well don't know why you did what you did, but from what I can tell from Naruto's memories, you certainly didn't do it on a whim, or just because you could. For those reasons...gomennasai."

"Well you certainly should have done that...but the past is the past, and not even Naru-kun himself blames me for what happened that day. So in response I can't truly blame you either, there are many people at fault...so apology accepted." She responded with an accepting smile.

"Jii-san?"

"Hai?"

"Good luck with that paperwork after all this is over." Minato said with a smile a mile long.

"Ass" Sarutobi growled out but he had a large smile on his face too.

"It is time..." The Shinigami interrupted.

"Hai...its time for you to go after him...consider this the last order I give as the Yondaime Hokage of Konoha." Minato said proudly, before his hand slipped out of Naruto's, and fell to the ground.

The Shinigami felt the last flicker of life leave the blond man and finally devoured his remaining soul, before leaving the scene as all those surrounding Minato silently shedding tears for the brave man. A man who without hesitation sacrificed his life once more for his loved ones and the village he had sworn to protect as the Yondaime Hokage. A minute passed silently amongst those around the body, only light sobs being heard, until Naruto sniffed heavily and his cracked voice broke the silence.

"I believe its about time we exact my Tou-san's final wish." He said, though his voice was deeply sad, many could hear the subtle rage in it as well.

Those around him nodded in agreement to his words.

"Taichou...get you and your men and have them help out any remaining battles going on in the village. We will go to the gates and finish this once and for all..." Sarutobi ordered, getting a slightly strained 'hai', from the masked ANBU. "...and Taichou...what you just witnessed here will be considered a SS-class secret. You are to tell no one about Minato's sacrifice or anything concerning it unless I order otherwise. If I hear you have...I'll kill you myself...understood?"

"Understood Hokage-sama!" The captain answered slightly terrified of the tone the Hokage just spoke with, while saluting his commander-in-chief, before disappearing in a swirl of leaves.

"We should get going..." Naruto suggested, turning to face the gates. "...Ojii-san incase what you said comes up later...Team whirlpool spoke with my Tou-san before we came here."

"Understood, I won't hold him accountable if they bring it up with me."

"Lets go...we have a snake to skin...preferably while alive and screaming for mercy." Natsumi said with a sadistic leer, before all three of them disappeared only small dust clouds where they once stood. Never noticing that Minato's body had turned back into the Oto shinobi's form once more, almost as if Minato was never there.

Konoha Gates,

Most of the invading forces were destroyed within the village limits, the only remaining sections being those near the main gates. The remaining forces on both sides continued the fight near there, when Orochimaru and his cohorts arrived. Those battles surrounding the group stopped suddenly when they arrived, the Oto shinobi wondering why their Kage was there as the plan didn't call for his presence, while the Konoha shinobi were just shocked to see him.

"Tsh...seems we'll have to clear out a few rats before we can escape...you three kill any you can." Orochimaru ordered, before summoning 'Kusenagi' from his mouth and began to mow down any leaf shinobi he could find while heading towards the gate.

Unfortunately for him, these distractions gave Naruto, Natsumi, and Sarutobi enough time to catch up to him.

"This is as far as you go Orochimaru" Naruto shouted to the pale skinned sannin, who just finished skewering a leaf Chuunin.

"I suppose it is Naruto-kun." He responded, turning around an insane smirk on his lips and blood splashed across his clothing, his sword glistening crimson in the sun thanks to the blood raining down the blade.

Before either group attacked, Kabuto 'shunshin'ed to the left of his master with an unconscious young woman draped across his arms. Kabuto quickly whispered something in his master's ear, but with the sound of battle neither Naruto, nor Natsumi could hear him...not that Naruto was listening at the moment considering who the woman was.

"Hana-chan...how?" He whispered, fear etching into his voice.

Orochimaru's smirk grew even bigger with what Kabuto told him, and grabbed Hana from him. He draped his free arm across her shoulders to keep her standing up, and slid 'Kusenagi' across her neck, resting the blade against her jugular.

"From your expression it seems that Kabuto-kun's information about who this young woman is to you is correct ne Naruto-kun? If so please be kind enough to not move or she will die." He teased, that insane glint in his gaze once more.

By now the fighting within the area had pretty much concluded with Konoha winning the majority of them. Orochimaru's remaining forces, which consisted of a small battalion of Jounins, Kabuto and three of the sound 'four' were now surrounding his position. With those Konoha shinobi many of whom were the majority of Konoha's clan heads now standing atop the rooftops of the surrounding buildings. Orochimaru looked at his options and the only good one being using Hana as a hostage, and with Konoha's 'family first' principle, he could make it out if he played his cards right. Fortunately for him another two avenues would open up for him in a few moments, the first one being when his third-in-command, Kimimaro appeared before him with yet another girl in his arms, his back facing the enemy keeping her identity hidden.

"Orochimaru-sama...I thought you would like this, one of the Jounin gave her to me." The albino teenager said extending his arms as if to show off the young girl to his leader.

Orochimaru chuckled at his luck even in a situation as bleak as this, when he gazed down at the child.

"My so I finally have one of the things I've been hunting for...the body of an Uzumaki. Very good Kimimaro-kun, let Kabuto-kun handle her." He chuckled, making Naruto and Natsumi look stunned, when they realized who the girl was.

The boy nodded, and handed the girl to Kabuto, finally allowing the Konoha shinobi to see who the girl was.

"Kasumi...where the hell is your family?" Naruto growled out at the turn of events that befell him.

"Well it seems that even lady luck shines upon me rather then you Konoha." Orochimaru shouted, making everyone clench their teeth in anger.

Just then, the snake's second avenue opened up, when a little blue haired girl's voice could be heard coming out of a side alley that lead to the open street everyone was standing in.

"Kaa-san!? Where are you!? Kaa-san!?" The little girl shouted coming out of the alleyway, and walked into the street where everyone was.

"I thought all of the civilians were brought to the shelters!" Sarutobi shouted, now fearful of the girl's fate.

"Oh this is just too perfect." Orochimaru thought with a wry smile.

Without a moments hesitation, he swung his arm that held 'Kusinagi' in an arc, with the sword extending outwards. Most of the Konoha shinobi didn't have enough time to react when they saw the movement of his arm, and failed to stop him in time before he cut clean through the building behind the little girl. With a strained creak, the building began to tumble forward from lack of support in a direct collision course with the girl who just noticed what was going on and began to scream in fear.

"Kami-sama no..." Sarutobi gasped, knowing he couldn't reach in time, and seeing that most of his shinobi who were already running towards the girl wouldn't make it either.

However, just as the building began its descent, it was stopped by a pair of arms, the very arms belonging to the Village's bane...Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto, which made many of the Konoha shinobi stop their advance and all look on in shock that the 'demon' would protect anyone.

Naruto stood underneath the building and was holding it up with what little strength he had left, his arms and veins bulging from the strain. His fox tails were securely wrapped around the girl in a protective cocoon, with only her head sticking out.

"Ne Moka-chan are you ok?" Naruto asked the young girl in a strained voice.

"H...hai...arigato mister, b...but how do you k...know my name?" She responded, still frightened after seeing the building above her, and now the strange looking man in front.

"Not a problem, just sit tight I'll protect you ne? And I know you from when my 'sochi' told me about helping your dog Yoshi in the vet's office" He responded, knowing a little white lie would be easier to explain in the situation then the truth.

Moka just nodded, and slightly nuzzled against the tails enjoying the feeling of the fur against her despite the danger she was still in.

"My my...I never thought I would see you of all people protecting someone from this village Naruto-kun" Orochimaru said in almost a giddy way as he watched the scene unfold.

"I could never blame a young child like her for the ignorance of her parents, especially after what I myself went through in this village...I'm not that ignorant myself." Naruto grunted out, his arms falling an inch from the weight of the building.

"Good for you then...at least you are smarter then the people here. Too bad they'll never learn that lesson from you since they hate you, and Kyuubi so much." He answered back, turning towards Natsumi, when he said 'Kyuubi', which made the Konoha shinobi who didn't know her true nature quirk an eyebrow at this action and filed it in their brains for later analysis. "But alas, I believe I've over stayed my welcome...and although my main mission wasn't fulfilled, I still come out on top with what I HAVE gained." He smirked, before sliding his tongue across Hana's forehead, cheek, and lips, causing Naruto to growl demonically. "Sayonara Konoha, Sarutobi-sensei, Anko-chan...and especially you Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto its been fun!" He finished, before extending his arm in a lightning fast motion once more, his sword doing the same, aiming right for Naruto.

"Damn...I've used up too much energy keeping this building from falling. I tore my muscles in my left leg from the initial shock, and I can't use any tails to pull out my Hiraishin kunai!" Naruto thought as the sword shot towards him.

The scene unfolded as if slow motion to the rest of the Konoha shinobi, most too exhausted to deflect the blade from its intended course in time. To the horror of few and the silent satisfaction of many the blade finally pierced its target, making Naruto yell in pain, and cough up blood as the sword pierced through his chest, heart, and back...before retracting to it's normal length.

"Naru-kun!" Natsumi shouted in fear...he might be immortal and have a demon's healing ability but a damaged heart is still VERY life threatening.

The building fell a few more inches thanks to the shock to Naruto's body from the injury. A small pool of blood had already began forming at his feet from the wound on his chest and the blood running down the corners of his mouth. His head began to bob, before completely falling and just hung there as he struggled with the building above him, and the pain wracking his body. The only sound now was Orochimaru's laughter at the pathetic looking form of Naruto.

"My how the mighty have fallen...all this thanks to you protecting someone from a village that would sooner kill you then acknowledge your humanity. Well as a parting gift Naruto...since I doubt you'll survive that wound I'll promise you one thing..." He paused, to make sure Naruto was listening intently. "...my men will take VERY GOOD care of your girlfriend..." He promised, his voice brimming with cruelty, and lust just to pronounce what exactly his men will later do. "...all of you have served me well...and I have one final mission for you. All but my bodyguards are to delay the enemy's pursuit as long as possible." He ordered to his remaining troops, before he, Kabuto, and the remaining sound 'four' 'shunshin'ed away.

For the next few moments no one moved, many from trying to comprehend what exactly just happened, but Sarutobi came back to his senses quickly.

"Capture them! We need information on where he might be taking Hana-san, and Uzumaki-san!" He ordered, his voice bringing everyone back from their stupor.

The battalion of Oto shinobi backed up into a circle, kunai in hand prepared to stop any pursuers of their leader at all costs. When the Konoha shinobi were preparing to fight and capture them, a malicious wave of KI blasted across the surrounding area. The KI so potent most of the shinobi there were literally choking on it, and trying their hardest to continue breathing steadily, while the ones that were too low on chakra collapsed unconscious.

"What in...Kami-sama's name?" Sarutobi questioned, while struggling to catch his breath and swiveled his head looking for the source of this unholy feeling.

"Dear Kami-sama no..." He heard a feminine voice whisper in worry and fear...emotions that she hadn't felt since the day of her sealing.

Sarutobi looked towards the voice and saw Natsumi looking in another direction, her face etched with the same emotions that were displayed by her voice. Sarutobi followed her line of vision and his eyes widened in shock at what he saw.

An almost ravenous looking blood-red aura surrounded Naruto, small whip-like tendrils lashed out in random directions incinerating anything they touched, the waves of KI emanating from the aura. The ground surrounding him cracked and shattered from the malicious chakra swirling around him. His body itself pulsing with unnatural energy, the veins on his arms being easily seen, as his blood seemed to be pumping through them at an alarming rate, while an inhuman growl from the hanyou's throat could be heard that became louder and louder each passing second.

The onlookers watched the man's unholy transformation with fear, and horror etched into every fiber of their being. Many of whom were reminded of Kyuubi's attack as the same feeling that overcame them then that was felt by them now. Natsumi herself looked on with something akin to curiosity at the moment as she watched, but with the same fear and worry as before. Her vision allowed her to see past the shrouded aura to see Naruto's face, and what she saw made her shiver to the core.

Naruto's face was scrunched in a look of pure and unconditional fury. His jaw, and teeth clenched tightly together, so much so she guessed that the blood coming out was not only from his chest wound but his gums as well. She could see that his eyes were tightly shut, but that an odd red colored mist...much like steam was escaping his closed lids.

"Dear Kami-sama...what...what is he!? What is happening to him!?" Kakashi choked out, being close enough to Natsumi to have heard her speaking before.

Suddenly a flash of red covered the entire area blinding many and forcing them to look away as if looking at the sun itself. When the light disappeared and they could see regularly again, they grew even more shocked then they were moments before. The reason being, when they looked upon Naruto to see what happened, they saw that the building he was holding up completely vanished, and his arms were now at his sides.

Three stories of stone, steel, and wood completely gone in an instant, and in its place was red dust that shined oddly in the sun's rays while falling to the ground...as if it was snowing. But the flakes in this case were painted blood red. It quickly dawned on the onlookers that the building didn't simply vanish...but that Naruto's chakra, and transversely Naruto himself destroyed the building so completely that all that remained of it in existence was the red dust that was still falling to the earth around him.

When they looked upon Naruto himself, they immediately noticed the changes in him. His claws and fangs which had been longer then normal already, were now were even more so, reaching about three inches now. The whisker marks on his cheeks now took over a large majority of his cheeks while widening out reaching his lower jaw, much like the stripes of a tiger. His hair, and fur turned a crimson color much like Natsumi's and seemed to have taken a very dangerous sharp edge to the ends of each hair, many of the Konoha shinobi being reminded of the toad hermit Jiraya's 'Hari Jizo' jutsu.

The scariest change to him, was his eyes after he opened them. The entire eye was drowned blood red in color...with the same wisps of energy that came off his body now coming out of the corners of his eyes, making for a rather intimidating and terrifying figure. His final change, was a sixth fox tail that protruded out of his back and swished menacingly with his original five. Kakashi's question was finally answered when Natsumi saw that sixth tail, while only feeling three remaining on her persons.

[Begin Playing: Never Meant To Belong By: Bleach OST]

"D...demonic bloodlust" Natsumi whispered.

"Demonic bloodlust?" Sarutobi chocked out, the feeling of KI still baring down upon the onlookers, while mentally relieved that Moka had been released by Naruto's tails and was unconscious on the ground now.

"An ability...no...more like a curse...for those who have been subjected to levels of demonic chakra that are out of their complete control." She explained, while watching Naruto test out his limbs as if he just finished another sosei ritual. "Haven't you wondered why he hasn't been seen with more then five tails...when I'm Kyuubi? Its because if he, or someone like him EVER calls upon more demonic chakra then they can control this is the ultimate consequence. All his attributes: strength, speed, reflexes, chakra reserves, pain tolerance, etc. are increased two fold. His thirst for blood that all demons have is peaked and sent over the edge of sanity, even his own diluted 'thirst' for being only half demon. But all that power comes with a heavy price...the person's entire consciousness is wiped clean while they're in this state. All that left is a bloodthirsty killing machine who can't tell friend from foe, and will never stop killing until there is nothing left alive surrounding them. My Naru-kun...my koishii (beloved)...this should never have happened to such a person like you. I can never forgive myself for knowing and not stopping this gomennasai!" She explained, hot tears of regret, and sadness streaming down her face at seeing her mate in such an opposite state of his true self.

Kakashi and Sarutobi were shocked at what she just told them, neither could comprehend what was happening to Naruto at the moment...but what they did know was that everyone around him was in danger. Unfortunately before he could give any orders to retreat, Sarutobi noticed Naruto take a step forward. This lone step kept everyone's gaze mesmerized, before Naruto disappeared from that spot. Immediately everyone looked around to locate him until they heard horrified screams engulf the area. Everyone turned towards the scream's origin and the sight they witnessed next would be etched into the memories of all present shinobi for the rest of their lives.

Standing in the middle of circle that the battalion of nine Oto shinobi created before they were about to fight the Konoha shinobi, was Naruto. And above him hanging helplessly in the air were six of the Oto shinobi being impaled by his tails. Their entrails and organs skewered and ripped asunder by the steel-like hairs and easily visible to the onlookers, as their blood rained down from their gaping wounds, his protruding tail tips, and the ripped organs that dangled from said appendages.

Meanwhile Naruto himself had a stoic expression on his face as if he hadn't just killed six people. The only emotion expressed on his visage was sadness and rage coming off his eyes. He looked towards the sky as blood rained down upon him, his entire body now drenched in the life giving liquid. Most of the shinobi present save a few could account for a time when they ever witnessed a scene so gruesome, so shocking, so horrifying, so...inhuman...in all their lives as shinobi.

The scene making many of the 'greener' shinobi, and even a few of the veterans present for such a scene bend over and release the contents of their stomachs onto the rooftops or streets, depending on where they stood.

"D...DE...DEMON!" One of the three remaining Oto Jounin screamed, as he tried to scurry away on his butt after falling in surprise from Naruto's horrific attack.

His scream however did nothing, but alert Naruto of his comrades and his own still 'useful' pulse. He quickly threw the six 'drained' corpses on his tails away in random directions with a loud and wet crunch against the sides of buildings and across the dirt streets. His fun with them finally over once their screams and blood stopped flowing. The onlookers just watched in horror as Naruto stalked his pray, his tails thrashing joyously with each step.

"Kami-sama...is this the power of Jinchuuriki?" Kakashi gasped, as he saw Naruto grab an Oto man's skull, lift him off the ground, turn him so his back was to him, before finally shooting his clawed hand through the flesh of his tail bone and ripped his spinal column out of his back, an arc of blood shooting into the air from the act.

"No...this is the power of a being that just lost a loved one..." Natsumi answered softly, and yet her voice seemed to carry through the ears and minds of all those who watched. "...surely you know how it feels. To have someone you loved ripped from of your grasp. The sad and empty feeling of losing them. The hatred and vengeance against the one who took them away. The wish for redemption for being unable to keep them safe and protect them. That is all Naru-kun is feeling right now, it just happens that because he is a hanyou, this is a result of those highly intensified emotions mixed with his demonic attributes."

"But still to turn into this...this...THING!" Asuma retorted in disbelief, as he just finished watching Naruto impale his entire arm through the eighth Oto Jounin's head.

Natsumi stayed silent hearing Asuma's words, and figured that the remaining people watching the carnage thought the same. She sighed in disappointment and exasperation at the foolishness of humans, especially ones from this village. None seemed to want to understand anything about demons or their lifestyles, unless its to turn them into weapons of course.

"Is there no way we can stop him? This isn't him...this isn't Naruto." Sarutobi questioned, with a trench coat wearing, purple haired Jounin mentally asking the same with a frown on her face.

Even with all the blood in the air at the moment, she couldn't enjoy it when she saw her friend like this. Natsumi turned to him, with a small smile...with all of the visual, verbal and most definitely mental hostility towards Naruto now, she nearly forgot why the demon pair came back to the village in the first place. To save people like Sarutobi, people who truly understood, and accepted the world and it's beings without bias, or clouded notions of the 'truth'...or at the very least tried their damnedest to do so.

"I've never heard of a way from anyone who has witnessed this in the past. The bloodlust usually runs its course before the being returns to normal." She replied quietly, as the last remaining Oto shinobi died, by being swiftly beheaded with the very same spinal column Naruto had ripped out from one of his comrades moments ago.

The air grew deathly silent as the final gurgles and screams of life emptied out of the butchered Oto battalion. Naruto himself looked upon the bloody scene, in a nonchalant manner, as if a once favorite toy of his though now simply thrown aside just broke in front of him, and he couldn't care less. In seeming finality of the scene, he lifted one of his hands and began in an almost sensuous manner lick them completely clean of the remnants of blood that dripped off them, and did the same to the other until his tanned skin was left unmarked by the crimson liquid.

By then the remaining Konoha shinobi were frozen to their positions, none knowing what to do now. Sarutobi knew what Natsumi told him, but if he didn't order them to retreat NONE of them would live, and as most Hokages must do...gave orders that he knew he'd later lament from the bottom of his heart.

[End Song]

"Everyone fall back...get away from him!" Sarutobi yelled out

His orders knocking everyone back from their stunned state of watching the hanyou, many of them taking a step back from fear or trying getting away from him as soon as possible. Unfortunately this also caught Naruto's attention, and his dull eyes now shown with a new luster at all of the remaining 'prey' in the vicinity.

"NO!" Natsumi shouted, stopping everyone in their tracks, including Naruto himself. "You don't get it! If you run...he WILL catch you AND will enjoy your deaths even more simply from the 'thrill of the chase'! If you stay still it will at least be less painful. What I'm saying is...as of now, all our lives are in his hands." She explained, many of the shinobi around gulping at just what her words meant...their deaths were assured no matter what.

"But if we attack him...certainly all of us could take him down!?" Gai shouted.

"NOTHING can be done to stop him at this point! You people always called him a demon, a monster when he was a child, and still do even today. When in fact he wasn't and only wanted to be treated as a human being. But now, your words have come full circle and this time you truly face the demon you've always treated him as. A demon not even I can stop...even if I wished to." She relented, her gaze staring at the now crimson pools of her love, tears brimming her eyes once more looking at the beast he had become.

As the surrounding shinobi pondered her words, and what their current move should be pertaining to Naruto and their own survival, none of them seemed to notice when a blue haired little girl had awakened, and walked until she was only a few yards away from Naruto.

"Ano...Naruto-niisan's Tou-san? Are you ok? You look kinda funny" Moka questioned, not realizing what happened to him.

Most of the shinobi gasped when her voice rung through the street and they finally noticed her and her new proximity to the beastial Naruto.

"NO!" Sarutobi growled out in fear, not wanting to think about what Naruto would do to a defenseless little girl.

"W...we have to do something!" Kurenai shouted, her motherly instincts unconsciously kicking in at seeing the little girl in danger.

"What can we do!? We just witnessed the power that thing holds! Trying to save the girl is suicide without a plan." Kakashi answered bluntly.

"I know that Kakashi! But we have to do something! ANYTHING to help her! SHE JUST A LITTLE GIRL!" Kurenai responded, tears threatening to fall down from her exotic eyes.

"If what that woman stated was the truth, our lives are already over. We should at least try to save the girl." Asuma responded agreeing with Kurenai.

Unfortunately the group of Jounin weren't given enough time to form any kind of plan, because Naruto soon began to take daunting steps towards Moka, his tails twitching like before. The group's eyes widened at their limited time, most just wanted to rush in and save the girl but they knew with those tails acting almost of their own will most would die before even touching her.

By now Naruto was only about ten steps away from Moka when he stopped at seeing two people appear in front of her small dust clouds beneath their feet, and their arms spread out in a protective fashion staring down Naruto with determined gazes.

The Konoha shinobi were taken aback by the duo, not only by their suicidal actions at trying to get between him and his new prey, but of who they were. The first one being Naruto's own companion Natsumi. While the other being the strangest of the two...the Kumo kunoichi whom Naruto had beaten and 'kidnapped' in the final rounds before the invasion.

"I don't know what exactly is going on here, but I know that isn't Naruto-kun! SNAP OUT OF IT!" Yugito yelled, though her voice was laced with a quiet fear.

"I know why he killed those men, but to do it so brutally, and without remorse. That isn't the Naruto-kun I've come to know! No matter what I have to find a way to stop him!" The Nibi container thought, reassuring herself of her idiotic but brave actions.

"She is right Naru-kun...this isn't who you are! Killing with such savagery and lack of remorse! That isn't the hanyou that I fell in love with...you aren't my Naru-kun!" Natsumi yelled, her own voice full of concern.

Naruto's response was a quirked eyebrow, and an annoyed demonic grunt, making everyone else there tense up. Naruto continued on his war path, taking step after step towards the duo blocking his path. When he was about five steps away from the pair four of his tails shot out from both sides of him, quickly ensnaring Yugito and Natsumi in their grasp in such a way that neither could handsign, and Natsumi's own tails were pulled against her confining them.

He lifted the pair into the air and out of his way with little effort, even though they both continued to struggle with their furry bonds. The Konoha shinobi knew there was no hope for any of them now, they had hoped that the women could get Naruto back to his senses due to the nature of their closeness with him. But the moment he wrapped them in his tails they knew truly nothing could be done.

Many of them wanted to at least try to attack him, even if only one of them could get a solid hit in...that is all they would need. But the hanyou seemed to overflow with power, and his senses almost seemed to allow him to look into the future before an attack would hit him. And now to make matters worse, he had hostages, perhaps not any necessarily from Konoha, but Yugito herself was a foreign shinobi here for the exams. Therefore she had the same rights as any Konoha citizen would while the exams took place. To not help would be giving Kumo all the reasons they would need to declare war, and they would probably win after the beating Konoha took from Orochimaru.

Their thoughts on what they should do were quickly thrown out when Naruto began to move again, his steps slow and deliberate as if taunting those around him to try to stop him like the two females had. Fortunately for everyone, no one seemed to want to try to be a hero today and allowed Naruto his will. He finally reached his destination, and looked down menacingly at the girl who simply looked back up innocently.

Everyone tensed in that moment, even the females stopped struggling against their bonds and just looked on with subdued fear at what Naruto would do next. Naruto blinked at the girl, who smiled happily back at him making him grunt though it almost sounding like a guttural chuckle with his deeper vocal cords. He began to move once more and slowly bent down on a knee to be slightly more eye level with the cute blue haired girl. The girl's trusting nature and naivety caused her to do something the adults around her gasped at, and thought they would each have a heart-attack at what this would cause him to do. Ever so slowly she had raised her hands up to Naruto's face and with a playful giggle began to gingerly tug and play with the bangs that hovered slightly over his eyes.

"Shes doomed us all..." Many of the shinobi thought fearfully as they watched her continue writing their death certificates via pulling on his bangs.

Naruto himself hadn't moved an inch since Moka began to play with his hair, much to the surprise of those around them. Though they just wondered when his patience would wane and he'd strike. Finally the moment they all dreaded came, and Naruto began to move, he slowly almost in a cautious manner raised his arms heading towards the girl. Everyone tensed as he did this, many still contemplating the idea of attacking him after he slaughtered the girl and the women, while others just wanted to get the hell out of there.

"NARU-KUN...DON'T DO IT! YOU'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOURSELF!" Natsumi pleaded to her mate while struggling to get free to stop him, knowing the REAL Naruto would regret hurting Moka.

The tense moment was shattered when Naruto's hands rested under Moka's extended arms. In a fluid motion he added more pressure to his hold on her, before lifting both her and himself from the ground. The motion so smooth Moka herself didn't notice her feet leaving the ground as she continued to smile, laugh, and play with his bangs. Natsumi stopped wriggling against the tails and watched, now not sure what will happen after seeing him not attack her when she was only inches away.

Everyone just watched with bated breath as Naruto looked on towards the happy girl in his arms, eying her as if studying a specimen in an experiment. Silently minutes passed with only the sound of breathing, and giggles being heard, no one daring to make a other sound as they watched on. But to everyone's surprise, Naruto didn't kill Moka in a grotesque way like he did with the Oto shinobi. In fact he didn't even seem to harm her at all, even in his grip the girl didn't appear to be in any discomfort or pain. What surprised them even more then that was the change in Naruto's facial expression.

Instead of the emotionless face he had on the entire time he was killing, now a small but clearly evident smile of acceptance was across his lips as he continued to watch Moka play. No one, not even Natsumi herself knew what to make of the situation, from what she had heard from other demons and hanyous, you completely lose yourself to your bloodlust impulse, and won't return to normal until everything around you is dead. Yet here was Naruto under his own impulse, smiling in an almost gentle manner at a little girl that played with his hair.

Natsumi would have pondered the situation more had she not noticed Naruto make a move again. This time Naruto pulled Moka away and out of reach of his hair, getting both a confused look and disappointed pout from the little girl as she looked at Naruto in question. Naruto seemed to ignore her silent question and bent down to one knee like before, and set Moka on the ground with a small plop.

The two gazed at each other for a few brief moments, before Naruto silently turned her around to face the Konoha shinobi who just looked on in fear and confusion. He put his hands behind her back and slowly began to push her away from him and towards the shinobi, more specifically Kurenai. The girl turned around to look at Naruto again, who ignored her and simply made a 'shoo'ing motion with his hand. The girl pouted once more before getting the hint and walked to Kurenai who at a speed Minato would be proud of snatched Moka into her arms protectively, unconsciously shielding her from Naruto, though a grateful expression was shining in her eyes towards the hanyou who chose to ignore it.

Naruto quickly stood up and looked at the shinobi standing before him, noticing the many reactions and expressions on each of their faces, and choosing to ignore then for the moment commanded his tails to pull the woman back down to the ground. The tails did so and put Natsumi, and Yugito on the ground about a foot ahead of him before releasing their hold. The pair just stared at Naruto while he did the same to them, each trying to convey things to the other through their gazes alone, not knowing if words could reach.

After a solid minute of this, Naruto's arms twitched slightly, before bringing his arms up and with the utmost care slipped a hand across Natsumi's right cheek, and Yugito's left. Although both girls flinched slightly at the contact after everything they saw him do with those very hands, they each brought their own hands up and gently laid them on his own. Neither of the girls knew why they did this for, for all intensive reasons Naruto was still beastial and VERY dangerous. Yet when they saw how he interacted with Moka, and when they spent that short amount of time looking deep into his red eyes...something told them that he wasn't a danger to them anymore. So they allowed him to caress their cheeks, and although flinched involuntarily, showed him they didn't mean it when they rested their own hands against his reassuring him they didn't mind.

The moment Naruto's hands rested peacefully against the women, the two immediately noticed a change in him. His pure blood red eyes began to change once more...a swirl of amethyst entering them. They were surprised by the change and when they zoned out on Naruto's appearance they saw the rest of him changing as well. His whisker marks were receding, his hair and fur softened as enlarging orange streaks spread in them. His 'extra' tail slowly disappeared, before reappearing back behind Natsumi, even his claws and fangs were shortening.

But before either had time to say anything about it, Naruto looked up from staring at them to look directly at the shinobi crowd...more specifically at the Hokage, when a guttural voice echoed throughout the streets, surprising all that still watched.

"Gomen Ojii-san..." The voice growled, though as it spoke the voice grew less harsh through each syllable spoken before the voice seemed to return to one most of the shinobi could easily recognize as Naruto's.

Everyone was surprised when Naruto spoke after what seemed like an eternity of his silence, as well as noticing that his bloodlust transformation seemed to have ended and now looked back to normal...or as normal and Naruto could look nowadays. Sarutobi just smiled and nodded at his pseudo-grandson, giving him a silent 'welcome back'. Naruto nodded back in recognition, before looking back down to the two women who he was still unconsciously caressing. His face softened, and a small smile graced his lips when he looked at the beautiful pair.

"And gomennasai to you both especially..." He whispered, his tone denoting his sorrow, and shame as sweat began to roll down his forehead unnoticed by everyone. "...you helped me return to being me...arigato. I must have made you two worry the most...gomennasai." He finished, after he had dropped his hands from their faces and wrapped them around their waists pulling them into an apologetic hug, the two quickly reciprocating the gesture, giving no thought to feeling him breathing rather haggardly at the moment.

"You were angry and sad that Orochimaru kidnapped Hana-chan Naru-kun. Although we don't like how you became...we can't blame you for feeling the way you did." Natsumi whispered, her voice slightly muffled since her face was pressed against his heaving upper body.

"Although I just found out what happened...I have to say I agree with Natsumi-san on that one Naruto-kun. I felt the exact same way when Kaa-san was taken from me...I could never blame you for this." Yugito responded, feeling her shirt beginning to feel oddly squishy and wet where it pressed against Naruto's chest.

"That means a lot coming from you both arigato." He responded, before he suddenly felt really lightheaded, noticed his vision begin to darken, and a sharp pain emanate from his chest and back.

"Hokage-sama...what should we do?" Kakashi asked, noticing Naruto's subdued behavior as the best time to talk.

"What do you mean Kakashi? We will of course deal with the reconstruction of Konoha, as soon as all of the reports on the collateral damage to the village, population, and shinobi are on my desk. Once those reports are in my hand I will be sending out a rescue team to get Inuzuka Hana and Uzumaki Kasumi back from Orochimaru. Sending a team now is suicide with how the village is holding up, and everyone needs rest."

"I do not mean to over step my authority Hokage-sama...but we BOTH know that wasn't what I was asking about at this time." Kakashi answered lazily pointing his eye at the hugging trio.

"We do..."

"NARU-KUN!/NARUTO-KUN!" Natsumi and Yugito screamed, interrupting Sarutobi, making everyone turn back to the trio, and gasped at the new scene.

On his knees and slumped in both women's embrace was Naruto, who looked to now be unconscious and nearly pale as a ghost. Though the reason for that being obvious when you looked at him, a geyser of blood was shooting out from both his chest and back from where Orochimaru impaled him with 'Kusenagi'.

By this time there was already a massive pool of blood underneath the trio and was rapidly increasing in mass as blood continued to gush of of Naruto's wound. Both women holding him were slightly panicking at this turn of events when only a minute ago he was hugging them in a thankful, loving manner. The next he dropped his grip on them, fell to his knees and began to gush copious amounts of blood in a matter of seconds all over the girls and the street.

"W...what happened!?" Sarutobi screamed.

"W...we don't know, one second he was hugging us, then the next...THIS." Yugito answered, her voice full of panic.

"Well we need to get him to the hospital!"

"No..." Natsumi who had been up until that point oddly silent spoke, making those concerned look at her like she was crazy. "...your doctors will probably try something detrimental to his health before ever honestly helping him. Especially looking like he is now. We'll take him back to the mansion and heal him there." She finished, her healing jutsu already working on stopping the bleeding.

"But..."

"No..." It was Yugito's turn to answer, her wits finally coming back to her after her initial shock. "...I know what kind of things people will do to Jinchuuriki, Natsumi-san is right. Naruto-kun is safer with us in the mansion then anywhere else in this village."

"At least tell me what happened to him." Sarutobi pleaded, concern etched in his voice and face while looking and the demoness trying to save her mate.

"I don't know, but I can guess..." Natsumi sighed. "...Naruto's body under the influence of his bloodlust, must have went into a state of suspension which stopped his blood from flowing out of the body. In other words his body put itself into stasis, where no wound already received would bleed and no new wound would appear. However, once the bloodlust completely leaves his body...the suspension would end and the blood/wounds would appear and flow all at once like a geyser from the time the bloodlust was initialized. But I don't truthfully care why this happened, I need need to heal him because once he is the 'why' won't matter. I'm surprised he is even still alive from all the blood hes lost." She explained, though halfway through she began to sob slightly while healing him, as blood continued to drenched her fingers and ground.

"I see..." Sarutobi said thoughtfully, before sighing. "...and I may not like it, but very well take him back home. But please let me know what happens when you can." He requested, getting a nod from both Yugito and Natsumi.

"Wait!" A new feminine voice called from behind a group of shinobi, making everyone turn to see both Tsunade and Jiraya enter the area. "I can help, let me come with you."

Natsumi took a second to look up from Naruto to see his god-mother, snorted, and looked back down.

"YOUR help wasn't there in his past...and it certainly ISN'T needed presently." Natsumi almost growled out.

Tsunade clenched her teeth in annoyance over the gall of Kyuubi. She was the GREATEST medic-nin in the world, and this demon woman was denying her skills to help her only remaining 'family'?

"Now you listen here Kyuubi...I don't care if he says you are important to him! I'm still his Kyoubo (God-mother) despite my actions in the past! And I AM the best medic-nin in the world, yet you'd deny my skills to help save his life when I'm HERE...NOW...just because you both have a grudge against me!? Why don't you grow up, and IF Naruto-kun here wakes up tell him the same thing! He isn't a child anymore so he shouldn't act like it, we are human and make mistakes!" Tsunade seethed, before taking heavy confident steps towards Naruto thinking she won the argument.

Unfortunately for Tsunade, she didn't quite realize how much worry, stress and fear Natsumi was currently under while trying to save the life of the man she loved. And now she had to deal with an annoyed Tsunade who was yelling at her and taking away her precious concentration on the operation she was performing. A flare of KI shot forth from her, freezing the exhausted shinobi in their places just like Naruto had done moments before.

"Mistakes lasting constantly over a time of a single decade are hardly mistakes to take lightly Tsunade! Nor ones someone like Naru-kun and I can or will forgive a simple 'I'm Sorry'..." Natsumi spoke, her voice becoming low and emotionless. "...and speak to me like that again NINGEN and there won't be enough of you for even Orochimaru to use as an experiment! Remember EXACTLY who I am...I may feel a lot of regret for my actions those twelve years ago. But I'm STILL the Queen of of demons...so show some respect! Because I certainly didn't get the title of Kyuubi from my looks alone...remember that next time you address me."

Tsunade and many around gulped audibly when Natsumi said those words in the emotionless tone she had. Tsunade's mind had failed to remember WHO she was talking to when her annoyance kicked in and now regretted it. She was about to respond with an apology, but Natsumi quickly interrupted her, after wiping her forehead of sweat.

"As for denying your help, don't be so full of yourself to think that I denied you because of the RIGHTFUL feelings Naruto and myself have for you. I denied you because you saw that jutsu he used in the Hokage's office to heal his thigh. Just WHO do you think TAUGHT him that jutsu? Trust me although Naru-kun does a better job then me on smaller multiple wounds on a body, my forte is large singular wounds like the one he has. In truth if I hadn't half-assed my self-training in human biology, I could have easily been the best medic the world will EVER see. Especially with all the knowledge and chakra reserves I possess. But I'm a demon and have no need for such high techniques for a human body, so I just learned the basics of what I needed and worked on more important things. But even with this limited knowledge, I can perform the most difficult human operations easily like I'm doing now without trouble. Basically what I'm saying is...I'm BETTER then you, therefore you aren't needed. Plus you have little to no chakra left...you'd be a hindrance to me and Naru-kun's life at this point."

Tsunade's fists clenched together. "You damned arrogant little bit..."

"ENOUGH!" Sarutobi yelled interrupting Tsunade from saying something she would definitely regret later. "Natsumi, please take Naruto back home and see to the rest of his wound you haven't already healed."

Natsumi nodded. "Yugito I'll need your to help move him safely"

Yugito nodded and headed towards the bloody pair when a a large squad of ANBU surrounded the trio in a circle, their swords already drawn.

"Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto, Kyuubi no Kitsune...you are both under arrest." The apparent captain of the ANBU spoke.

"What is the meaning of this Taichou!?" Sarutobi questioned, silently wondering how this situation could get any worse.

"Hokage-sama...orders from Danzo-san, Koharu-san, Homura-san, and half the remaining council to have Naruto, and Kyuubi arrested, detained, and questioned."

"Under what charges?"

"Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto: Accomplice to the Kyuubi no Kitsune by releasing it back into the world. Attacking Konoha citizens and shinobi alike, more to the point the last remaining Uchiha and clan heir during a mission. As well as what we've just witnessed him do to those Oto shinobi. He is a threat to the village and will be dealt with accordingly. Kyuubi no Kitsune: For crimes against the village for twelve years ago, and attacking Konoha citizens...it is a threat to the village and will be death with accordingly."

"Those are all taken out of context Taichou! If I thought these two were a threat I'd have already dealt with the situation...stand down!"

"Hokage-sama these are orders directly from the council."

With those words the ANBU took a heavy step towards Naruto and Natsumi, but another person appeared in front of the bloody pair with kunai in each hand and a sadistic grin on her face.

"Gomen boys...but I kinda took a shine to this guy, so I can't have you arresting him and his girl because the council shit their pants in fear and set him up on bogus charges. Of course you're willing to still TRY, I do so love a challenge and all the blood is making me itch for more after all." Anko said in a sickly sweet voice...one that promised pain if her words weren't followed.

Sarutobi coughed, basically ignoring Anko's protective taunt, and spoke to the captain once more.

"I am the HOKAGE TAICHOU! Remember that I rule the shinobi military in this village. The council unless a civilian matter which this certainly is NOT, can't order MY soldiers to arrest ANYONE! I will say one last time...stand down CAPTAIN!"

The ANBU looked at their captain for orders, while the captain just looked at his Hokage as if searching for an answer. A few moments went by before the captain sighed behind his mask and sheathed his katana, his troops soon following.

"Good move Taichou...you just saved not only your job, but a good few years of prison time for treason..." Sarutobi said with a satisfied smile, before looking back to the bloody pair. "...Yugito-san, Natsumi-san, please take him."

Anko nodded and put her kunai back in her holster before looking back at the trio, the two women nodding in appreciation and mouthed 'thank you' to her. Yugito cautiously grabbed Naruto's legs, while Natsumi grabbed his upper body and quickly 'shunshin'ned away from the area. The moment they disappeared, the tension in the air broke like glass and many released breaths they didn't know they were holding in.

"Damn that was pretty intense" Asuma commented lighting up a cigarette to settle his nerves and stress.

"Yosh!"

"Do you think Hokage-sama did the right thing just now?" Kakashi asked.

"It doesn't matter, we aren't to question his orders. Besides other then scare the hell out of us, Naruto didn't do anything violent against any of us...if you don't count our enemies anyway." Kurenai retorted, still holding onto Moka.

"True but still...keeping him unsupervised in the village...what if it happens again? Next time there won't be Oto shinobi for him to eviscerate...it'll be people from Konoha." Asuma stated letting out a drag of smoke, making Kurenai glare at him for not only that nasty habit but also doubting her words about Naruto.

"Tsh...are you guys REALLY that scared of him? Please...he could have easily ripped us and this village apart with Natsumi along side him ANY time he wished. What you've failed to realize is that we've been at NARUTO-KUN'S mercy since the moment he set foot inside the village. And yet despite this, he STILL chose to not only WARN us about Orochimaru, but FOUGHT for us and was detrimental in our victory even though 99% of the village still hates him, Natsumi or both with a passion. I'm just glad that I started talking to him before the exams, or I might have become just as bigoted and stupid as you fools." Anko said nonchalantly while leveling a heated glare at all but Kurenai.

"Enough..." An aged voice called out, quieting everyone around. "...there will be time to discuss and gossip about these past events later. Right now we have a village to rebuild, and two heiresses to get back. You all know what needs to be done, now get to it!"

"Hai!" All the shinobi including the lingering ANBU operatives chorused out before all disappearing in swirls of leaves.

"Damn...I quit this job after the village is stable again." Sarutobi grumbled.

"About time sensei...I heard those brittle bones creaking on our way here with that insane KI blasting away." Jiraya joked, with a silent Tsunade by his side.

"True Jiraya-kun, too true. And was that an admittance to volunteer for the job?" He smirked.

"Hell no sensei...first my spy network is too valuable for me to be stuck behind a desk all day. Second if I was Hokage, I wouldn't be able to continue my research." He grinned.

"Very well...Tsunade you're the only one left, and unfortunately Jiraya does have a point about his spy network"

The two elderly men looked at the pseudo buxom blond, and noticed her rather detached look.

"Tsu-hime?" Jiraya questioned, but got no response before smirking and grabbed a handful of her ass. Tsunade didn't move an inch more then Jiraya's action forced, which made both men look at her worriedly. "She really tore into you with those comments didn't she Tsu-hime?" He questioned, while still unconsciously fondling her butt.

"You shouldn't act so lax yourself Jiraya, you are even more guilty then she is about Naruto's life. I mean the very being that his Tou-san imprisoned in him was the person to raise him since he was six years old. A job YOU two were suppose to do the moment Kushina left those gates when he was two. Not only that, but in Tsunade's anger she failed to remember what I told both of you about the relationship Naruto and Natsumi have shared since he left, as well as the little known facts about Natsumi herself. Once Naruto finds out about this..." He paused to shake his head in exasperation. "...I think you two just lost your chance at reconciliation with him...just like Kakashi. I swear this village is full of fools when it comes to anything dealing with Naruto...even I'M guilty of that. I really don't see why those two haven't destroyed this village and killed us all...we completely deserve it."

"Perhaps, but as you said...Natsumi-san herself isn't an 'evil' demon...so in that case maybe some of her must have rubbed off on him, and that is what holds him back. And talking about rub...she has a body that could rival a god's."

"True she did seem to raise a fine young man, and a powerful one at that...its unfortunately he will never join Konoha after what we've done to him. But that is presently neither here nor there..." He paused to look at Tsunade who now was staring silently at the two seeming to just absorb their conversation. "...Tsunade...you're the only one that can properly be Hokage, or at least until a younger replacement can be found. Thankfully Jiraya never got the idea to make an official 'no top' day or else he'd have jumped at the offer." He finished, a ghost of a smile on his lips on playing with his two student's biggest weaknesses...Jiraya's perverseness, and Tsunade's hatred of all things perverted.

Tsunade looked at her sensei in a contemplative expression mentally weighing both options, but the moment she saw in the corner of her eye her teammate doing the 'puppy eye no jutsu' on Sarutobi silently begging to ask him for the job again, a large vein on her forehead pulsed, before she sent a chakra-enhanced punch right at the perverts jaw sending him through an already wrecked build.

"Damnedable pervert..." She huffed. "...I accept the position when you step down Sarutobi-sensei. If for no other reason then to protect the women of Konoha from...from...THAT!" She said venomously while looking at the rubble Jiraya was still under.

Sarutobi just nodded in approval to his new successor, before turning around and headed towards the Hokage tower, with neither Jiraya nor Tsunade seeing the shit-eating grin on the old man's face that Naruto himself would be proud of.

"Ha I still got it...they don't call me 'the professor' for nothing." He thought happily at finally getting someone to take over his job and that damnedable paperwork.

"I hope Natsumi-san is able to finish what she said she could...because I'm not sure what she, Hana, Anko, or that Yugito girl will do if he doesn't pull through. The village will celebrate thats for sure. But them...they will probably burn it to the ground with smiles on their faces." He whispered to himself, while turning his head towards the Hokage monument and gazed at Minato's face forlornly before sighing and shaking his head trying to psych himself up for the mountains of paperwork he would have to soon burn...er...read.

"All of this shit...on such a beautiful day"

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

225K 3.7K 44
God-naruto. The story of naruto uzumaki the ultimate ninja and the unbreakable force. [Naruto x tayuya x femkyuubi x kaguya x temari x oc uzumaki ]
213K 4K 33
After graduating from the academy, Naruto starts to reveal his true self. Won't everyone be surprised at what the 'demon' can do?...Powerful Naruto...
68.1K 1.6K 18
Naruto awakened his family bloodline, the Kamigan, after a brutal attack by the villagers of Konoha. However, Kyuubi's influence turned it into somet...
102K 1.7K 21
After the successful Sasuke Recovery mission, Naruto is treated even worse than before. Despite bringing the last Uchiha back, Naruto get's his chakr...