The Bumping Accident

By Flash2497

Megan woods is a 24 year old millionaire. She owns one of the biggest clubs in town. She has a close circle o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
For you, Anything

Chapter 40

21.4K 815 85
By Flash2497

Avery's POV

I watch Kai take a seat on the couch and Megan just stands next to her. She looks at us for a second before she turns around and goes into the kitchen.

A few seconds later she comes back with a bottle of what looks like to be scotch and a red plastic cup. I've noticed that the only reason she has alcohol in her house is because of her friends.

"You're gonna need this." She opens the bottle and pours me a drink.

"Why did you only bring one cup?" I ask eyeing Kai. Obviously Hazel can't drink and I know Megan doesn't drink so Kai is the only one left.

"I don't drink, I've been sober for almost 6 years." Kai says.

I looks over at Megan confused. She also mentioned not drinking since like 5 years ago. I made a mental note to ask her about this.

"Hazey are you comfortable? Do you need me to get you anything?" Megan asks Hazel.

"No everything is good Meg." She answers and Megan nods.

"Where's the puppy?" I question.

Megan points to the bottom of the stairs and the puppy is sleeping curled up in to a ball.

Silence falls around us. Hazel and I are sitting next to each other and Kai and Megan are also sitting next to each other but opposite of us.

"Okay I'm just gonna say it to get it over with and then I'll give you a back story and you can ask any questions that you want." Megan breaks the silence and says. I nod and wait.

She glances at Kai and then at Hazel. They both nod and she takes a deep breath.

"Kaiisamafialeader."

"What?" I didn't hear a single thing she just said because of how quiet she said it.

"Kai is amafialeader."

"Kai is a what? I can't hear you."

"Oh for the love of god it's not that hard to say. My wife is a mafia boss." Hazel says and I suck in a breath.

Did she just say Mafia?

I look at Megan and you can clearly see how terrified she is of my reaction.

"Like an actual m-mafia leader?" I ask and curse myself for stuttering.

I made eye contact with Kai and she gives me a warm smile.

"She's not a bad person. It's not like the bad type of Mafia. We help people." Megan quickly says.

"We? What's your connection to this?" I question surprised.

"The law firm that Harper was talking about is Megan's. Kai sold it to her when they first met." Hazel informs me. She brings her hand to my knee and squeezes gently.

"That doesn't answer my question." I mumble and look at Megan.

"I run the law firm and ummm the law firm is kind of like a cover up for Kai. Through the law firm she can do anything she wants without anyone being suspicious of it. I'm her right hand person. Basically second in command." She whispers that last part but I still hear it.

I reach over and grab the plastic cup and down the scotch in one breath and pour myself more.

I made eye contact with Megan and there's concern ridden all of over her face.

"How did all of you guys meet?"

"Megan and I met at a bar. My dad had passed away and had passed down everything to me so I was drinking my sorrows away when Megan walked in and sat next to me." Kai says and looks at Megan.

"We got talking and for some reason I felt like telling her about my actual business so I did and she took it better than I thought. I decided to sell the law firm to her and she used the money her grandpa left her to buy it." Kai adds.

"What about meeting Hazel?"

"Kai was never involved with her dads mafia stuff and company and a lot of people had left because of that. So when she sold it to me we hired a lot of new people and Hazel was one of them."

I glance at Hazel and she looks at me like she knows every single thought in my head right now. Like she's been through the exact same thing I'm going through in this moment.

I stay silent and look at the drink in my hand. I finish it and put the plastic cup down.

"Cute eyes, please say something."

I go to respond but I hear footsteps.

"Holy shit I can't feel my back." Garrett groans as he walks in with Daniel behind him. His face is red and he is limping a little.

"Let that be a lesson Garrett, when I say report back to me I mean it." Kai replies and he nods still groaning.

"You can have the night off Gary. Go home I'll see you tomorrow." Megan tells him and he makes his way to the front door.

"Daniel you can go get Sofia now, we'll see you guys tomorrow." Hazel says and he nods following after Garrett.

We hear the front door open and shut and then I bring my attention back to Megan.

"What did Kai mean when she said you doubled security?" I ask.

"Oh ummm ever since I came back I put one bodyguard on everyone without them knowing and recently I changed that to two."

That means two people have been following me everywhere I go. That scares me a little. What else is Megan capable of doing?

"Why?"

"Jack and Liam have both disappeared I'm just trying to be safe rather than sorry." She answers.

It's so hard trying to rap my head around everything that's coming out of their mouths right now.

"What about the kidnapping story?" I ask and when I look at Kai I can see anger in her eyes.

Hazel notices and reaches her hand out and gently squeezes Kai's hand. Her rage is gone as fast as it appeared.

Kai gets up from the couch, kisses Hazels forehead and makes her way into the kitchen.

"Like Megan said earlier we're good people. I actually believe that. The law firm goes against top criminals and we try our hardest to put them away for life but sometimes there's casualties." Hazel says but the tone of her voice is different now.

Kai makes her way back and sits down on the couch. She hands Megan an ice pack and Megan looks confused.

"You're scratching and you only do that when we talk about this and the wounds feel like they're burning." Kai says.

I look down at Megan's hand to see that Kai is right she is scratching her stomach but she wasn't doing that until I mentioned the kidnapping.

Megan takes the ice pack from Kai and mumbles something in Italian that I don't understand. She puts the ice pack under her shirt and sighs in relief.

"There was this gang in Italy and they saw themselves as our enemy so they did everything they could to hurt me." Kai's voice is quiet and the rage is back in her eyes.

"Kai and I had been dating for a few months. I was pregnant with Sofia when I got kidnapped." Hazel mutters next to me.

Wait how is that possible. If her and Kai were dating then how could she have been pregnant.

"Wait how were you pregnant?" I question.

"Unprotected sex." Kai says and I turn my attention to her. That still doesn't make sense.

I look back at Hazel confused.

"I have a penis." Kai adds and I whip my head towards her.

Megan groans, "why do you have to say it like that?"

She slaps Kai's shoulder and Kai hits her back and they start bickering.

"She's intersex." Hazel says and ignores both Megan and Kai's childish acts. I have a feeling her and I are gonna be good friends.

"Kai stop hitting Megan." She tells her wife sternly.

"Megan started it."

Hazel glares at Kai and she visibly gulps and stops hitting Megan. Could a mafia boss actually be scared of her wife?

"Okay you can continue the story."

"Oh right. I was kidnapped outside of a mall. I hadn't told anyone about my pregnancy because I was planning on surprising Kai but one person had found out." She looks at Megan.

Megan presses the ice pack harder on her stomach and releases a shaky breath.

"Hazel had taken the pregnancy test at my house in Italy and forgot to cover it up in the trash can so I knew. When she got kidnapped Kai was a mess and she told me to stay put and not do anything." Kai nudges Megan with her shoulder and Megan smiles a little.

"But this one never knows how to listen. She went back to the mall and the people of the gang were there so they also took her."

"Since Megan knew I was pregnant she kept messing with the boss so his attention would mostly be on her." Hazel chokes out and I look at her to see tears in her eyes.

"Hazey come on you know I don't regret anything." Megan tells her and Hazel nods slowly.

"He stabbed me with a knife and left me to bleed out." Megan adds. I gasp and cover my mouth.

Megan looks at me and when we make eye contact I know she was telling Hazel the truth.

"6 times. That's how many times he stabbed Megan before I found them 3 days later. Some wounds he stabbed repeatedly that's why they are deeper than the other ones." Kai adds and this time you can hear the rage in her voice.

"There was blood everywhere. Her screams were so loud I-I-I thought she die-." Hazel can't finish her sentence before she starts crying.

I let my own tears fall and Megan gets up and hugs my body to her. Kai also gets up and hugs Hazel.

I feel like I can feel the the exact pain Megan felt so I cry harder. I cry until I have no more tears left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 10.7K 24
(gxg) Ava Conte is a 24-year-old woman with a promising future. Most of the time, she's kind, caring, and innocent. She has a boyfriend and feels her...
2.8M 71.2K 76
Avery is back in her hometown, after she moved away to LA with her mom. After her parents divorced her mom thought it would the best if they get away...
426K 17.4K 43
From the corner of my eye I can see her guards running into the room. With all my strength I pinned her against the wall and quickly reached for the...
179K 7.1K 55
[GxG] Avery Carlisle is a spoiled rich college girl. She always gets what she wants and desires in her life. She flashes her smile to the world, but...