Midnight [ONGOING]

lasania_mahnoor által

A bet. A call. And maybe something more. "Wow. Someone's excited." "Of course I am, you picked up!" "Yeah, li... Több

A note before you proceed
Jan 1st, 12:00 am
Jan 1st, 5:56 am
Jan 1st, 4:38 pm
Jan 1st, 11:18 pm
Jan 3rd, 4:56 pm
Jan 5th, 8:21 pm
Jan 8th, 5:21 am
Jan 10th, 10:07 am
Jan 13th, 12:38 pm
Jan 13th, 6:23 pm
Jan 13th, 11:26 pm
Jan 15th, 10:41 am
Jan 16, 6:18 pm
Jan 25th, 6:56 pm
Jan 27th, 12:41 am
Feb 2nd, 4:22 pm
Feb 2nd, 6;49 pm
Feb 2nd, 7:14 pm
Feb 3rd, 1:04 am
Feb 26th, 5:39 pm
Feb 27th, 2:46 am
Feb 27th, 3:28 am
Feb 28th, 9:39 pm
Feb 28th, 10:13 pm
March 5th, 5:40 pm
March 5th, 6:11 pm
March 5th, 9:32 pm
March 7th, 12:37 pm
March 9th, 11:26 am
March 11th, 3:04 am
March 11th, 1:36 pm
March 11th, 4:09 pm
March 13th, 10:47 am
March 13th, 1:31 pm
March 13th, 4:09 pm
March 13th, 7:41pm
March 14th, 2:43 am
March 15th, 2:33 pm
~ Note ~

March 5th, 1:58 pm

97 23 110
lasania_mahnoor által

Him | Her | Others

"He-"

"Hi."

"Baby? Is everything okay?"

"I uh- I need help."

"What's wrong?"

"My father is hosting a high end party tonight. Kinda similar to a grand ball."

"A party? What for?"

"He's going to announce the wedding tonight, consider it like an engagement party- minus the exchange of rings. I found mine in an envelope along with the invitation for the party by my bedside just a couple of hours ago."

"Oh, sh*t."

"Sh*t indeed."

"You didn't get the chance to talk to the guy?"

"I haven't met him yet?"

"Do you know who he is, at least?"

"Yeah. I searched for his file. My father likes to keep a physical record of everything in his study."

"And?"

"I found his entire bio data."

"What did you find out?"

"His name's Antonio Fransisco Cappola, age twenty four, that's like seven years older than me."

"Right."

"And he has some roots in the Italian Mafia through his mother."

"Do you think he'll-"

"Hear me out? Give me an out? Let me get away?"

"Yeah."

"Honestly, I don't know. I'm afraid to find out."

"Wh- what if-"

"He's an eye candy though."

"I'm sorry?"

"He is very much gifted in the looks department."

"Cool."

"Wanna see him?"

"No, thank you."

< Text From Midnight🖤 >

"Left you speechless too, right?"

"Uh, yeah. Wow."

"He's going to be there tonight. I'll try to talk to him about all of this, strike a deal maybe?"

"And what if it doesn't work out? What would happen then?"

"I will have to marry him in the end."

"Right. So, it's probably a good thing he's pleasing to look at?"

"Are you okay?"

"Does it even matters?"

"Yes. It does matters to me."

"Your dad is hosting a party, you're meeting your would-be husband there tonight. What exactly am I here for?"

"Because I need help."

"Right. Yes Ma'am. So, what's the problem?"

"Don't be sarcastic with me. And I don't know what to wear?"

"And you thought I'd be of any help, because?"

"You helped with the nails and they turned out great, duh! And also with the date that should not be recalled."

"Basically, I'm here because I have a great choice?"

"Yeah. You could say that."

"And you don't have anyone else to help with this?"

"Well, Claire's been my saviour for the past couple of years, and before that, it was always either Diana or my stepmother."

"I hate Claire. Don't take her name in front of me. And couldn't you ask someone to take you shopping for the evening, earlier in the morning?"

"Well, Claire also happens to be is my father's date for the evening. And he took her out, shopping."

"...And he didn't offer to take you too?"

"No."

"Yikes. Sucks to be you."

"This is not the right time to pity someone. I need help. Just help me out. Also I don't have to shop every time there's an event. I have like an entire walk-in closet full of grand dresses that I've never worn, prefect for occasions like these."

"Great. Just great. So, this is what it has come to now. Me, helping you get ready for all your pretty little dates. Wow. Isn't that the most amazingly hilarious thing?"

"I'm sorry. Please don't be like this."

"Like what? And what exactly are you sorry for?"

"I- I don't know. I just don't want you to be upset. I hate seeing you like this."

"Let it go. You can't do anything about it either way. Just show me what you've got."

"I'm sorry. Again. I tried a few dresses on, earlier. And clicked a few pictures. I just want to know what you think of them."

"Okay. Show me."

<  Text from Midnight 🖤 >

"So? What do you think?"

"Hot!"

"Can you pay attention please? And do not pay any attention to the legs."

"Oh yeah, sorry. Even though this dress is hot, and so are the legs, why don't you show me something longer?"

"My legs are not hot. And don't make such comments, it'll freak me out. And, I'll send you something else. Wait."

"But baby your legs are very sexy."

"Shut up."

"Awww, is someone shy about their looks?"

"Dude-"

"You're blushing, aren't you?"

"Stop teasing, okay?"

"Hahahaha!"

< Text from Midnight 🖤 >

"Nice dress. Not something for a ball type grand engagement party though. What about something else?"

"Okay."

< Text from Midnight🖤 >

"I'm not very satisfied with this one either. Why is everything red? Is that the theme?"

"No."

"Then show me something else. Did you try anything with a different colour?"

"Yeah. Wait."

< Text from Midnight🖤>

"This?"

"No."

"Why? Isn't it good enough?"

"It is. Good enough, that is. Why wear 'good enough' when you can wear 'perfect'."

"Right."

< Text from Midnight🖤 >

"How about this?"

"Honestly? This is good. Just good. Still not perfect though."

"O-okay."

"Why are you so nervous about this baby?"

"I hate these events. The last time I went to one of these and did not get totally wasted by the end of the night was before Diana died. She was like the only person who kept me sane. I don't know if I can survive this without anyone. I don't even have Claire anymore. But she usually was the one who would get me drunk, so I think it's a good thing she isn't here anymore."

"Claire belongs to a dumpster. And you're not alone. Ever. Remember that. I'm always here sweetheart."

"I- I- Uh-"

"Sh*t Midnight, calm down, it's alright. Don't cry, please baby. I need you to sit down, okay? Please?"

"Okay."

"Good. Now breathe for me baby. In. Out. In. Out. Yes just like that. Good."

"...Thanks."

"How are you feeling now? Better I hope?"

"Yeah. Thank you."

"No sweetheart, I don't want you to thank me. Just take care of yourself, for me. Please. I hate seeing you like this."

"Okay."

"Just know that you'll get through tonight."

"How can you say that?"

"Because I'm here baby. With you. Always."

"Okay. Sh*t-"

"Midnight!"

"Sorry! It's just getting late and I don't even know what I'm wearing yet. This is getting way too stressful."

"Don't worry. Just know that whatever you'll wear, you'll look great."

"How do you know that, now?"

"Because, baby I know you. You're beautiful. Very beautiful."

"You don't even know what I look like."

"I don't need to see you to know how beautiful you are sweetheart. For me, you're one of the most beautiful women of my life."

"Okay. Wait- one of the most? There are more?"

"You do know that I have a mother, right? And I hope you didn't forget Ari."

"How could I forget her. You refuse to tell me who she is."

"And I told you-"

"That you'll tell me one day. I know. I believe you."

"Good. Now, anything else you've got to show?"

"Uh..."

"You have something in mind, don't you?"

"Maybe."

"Alright then, show me."

"I- I don't know. I haven't tried it yet. Or ever. It was a gift from my stepmom for my birthday last year. It's red, and grand. Like very grand. I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off."

"Well, sweetheart, for me, you are the definition of bold and confident, if anyone can pull it off, it's you. I know. Now go hurry, try it out and show me, I'm waiting."

"Okay."

< Text from Midnight🖤 >

"..."

"Say something, please."

"What if I tell you that I don't have any words to describe how beautiful you look? It's just, Wow."

"Rea-Really?"

"Yes!"

"I uh- I really look beautiful?"

"God Midnight. You've left me speechless, and breathless. What else do you want me to say? I would love to be your date for the evening."

"Is that you asking me out on a date?"

"I would if I could."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You look great. Beautiful. Extremely beautiful. Mind numbing beautiful."

"Thanks."

"I'm glad to be of service ma'am."

"Hahahahaha."

"Midnight?"

"Yeah?"

"Call me if you need any help, okay?"

"Okay."

"And remember you look extremely beautiful, don't let anyone make you think otherwise. And if anyone, and I mean anyone, tries to do that, punch the sh*t out them. Break their nose and show them who's boss, okay?"

"And what makes you think that I have a violent side, Sir?"

"Because that is the Midnight I know. The one who refuses to take shit from anyone and won't be afraid of putting people in their place."

"Thanks. I should go and do something with the makeup now. That's going to take like, forever."

"Okay."

"Oh! And guess what?"

"What?"

"I have just the perfect name for you. Hehehehhe..."

"... And that would be?"

"Teddy Bear. Hehehe."

"Oh god, Midnight."

"What! You're a total softie! And for the record I love teddies, they're just so, so... cute? And squishy? And cuddly."

"Is that you asking me for a cuddle?"

"Maybe."

"..."

"Oh! And Teddies are always there for you too..."

"Alright, enough. You should go now."

"Awwww is someone blushing?"

"Pft! No!"

"Hahahaha okay if you say so Teddy Bear. I'll call you later."

"Yeah. Okay."

.....................

"Hey would you happen to know where my charger is- Wait- You're grinning! And is that a blush? Oh my god! Mom! Your son is in love!"

"Shut up Dylan! Mom! Don't listen to him, he's lying! And I don't have your charger, just go away."

"Really? Uh uh. I don't think so."

"Dylan..."

"You're literally blushing dude."

"Ugh I wish I could see her one day."

"Your girlfriend?"

"She's not mine."

"Sure..."

"It's her engagement party tonight."

"Oh."

"Hmm."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I guess I deserve this."

"Don't say sh*t like that. If anybody
deserves it, it's not you."

"She called me Teddy Bear today."

"Are you sure she doesn't likes you back?"

"For her, I'm just some guy on the phone who she randomly called, dude."

"I dont think so."

"Dylan?"

"Does she goes around calling random strangers all the time?"

"No. It was just a stupid bet the first time."

"Right. And she stuck, didn't she?"

"I guess."

"Look, she could've easily forget about you if she wanted, given the fact that you've never called her yourself. But she calls every time, doesn't she?"

"Yeah."

"Then stop thinking of such negative sh*t."

"Come here. See this."

"Wow! He's hot! Looks like a Mafia Prince or something."

"He is."

"I'm sorry, what? Come again?"

"That's her fiancé, dear brother, and he is actually connected to the Italian Mafia."

"Yikes."

"Do you really think I stand a chance against that."

"How'd she even manage to find a man like that?"

"It's an arrange marriage dude. There's business involved."

"Her family is selling their daughter off to the Italian Mafia for business?"

"Yeah."

"And she is okay with that?"

"She's going to meet him tonight at the party for the first time. All she knows about him is his name, age, connection to the Mafia and his looks. That too became she decided to investigate, otherwise she wouldn't have known even the slightest of information about him until they got married."

"What century are these people living in?"

"She's going to try convincing him to let her go."

"Now. I hope that works out well."

"Yeah."

"Let's pray no weapons are pulled out."

"Dylan! Why would you say that! Don't make me more anxious than I already am."

"Yeah, okay. Sorry."

"Now, get out."

"So that you can wallow in self pity alone?"

"Dylan-"

"You did not just throw a cushion at me."

"Oh, but I just did."

"You're so dead."

"Try me."

"..."

"Why'd you pause?"

"Sh*t! I came here for the charger. My phone's literally dead. Allie is so going to kill me!"

"Allie?"

"Shut up."

"Dylan-"

"No, I gotta go. We'll talk about this later
once I get back home. I'll tell you everything, I promise. Tell mum I'll get her groceries on the way back, do you want something?"

"Ice cream. As always."

"Okay. Tell mum I'll be back in time for dinner."

"Dylan?"

"Yeah?"

"Grab some chocolates too."

"Sure."

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
Secret Red AngeliaNyo által

Ifjúsági irodalom

16.7K 1.3K 58
Alison moved to a new town as her father got a new job, simultaneously, she decided to hide her dark past, starting a new chapter of her complicated...
840 22 22
"All week, you've been on my mind, and I can't make it go away. Finally, after suffering in silence for so long at the thought of your lips, your lau...
5.3M 187K 43
Against my better judgment, I answer, "Look I told you, you have the wrong number," I say a bit too harshly. "I wish I was the girl you were looking...