The A-Z of Love

By DayDreamRomantic

Hongjoong, Seonghwa, Yeosang, and Jongho were a soul-group within the K-pop group ATEEZ. They considered them... More

All about you
Beginning of the end
Dancing like butterfly wings
Eternal sunshine
FEVER
Good lil boy
Horizon
Illusion
long Journey
the King
Light
MIST
New World
One Day At A Time

Celebrate

1.3K 79 13
By DayDreamRomantic

As soon as the last fan left and the Hi-Touch event was over, Jongho rushed over to Hongjoong.

"Was that - Did we just meet our last soulmate?"

"You all felt it?"

"Hyung... what do we do?"

"I asked manager-nim to catch her. Hopefully, she's waiting in the dressing room for us."

"I'm still in shock. I can't believe this is happening. What are the chances..."

Hongjoong squeezed Seonghwa's hand.

"I know. This is unexpected - "

"Let's go meet her!"

"Woah, hold on Jongho. I don't think we should all rush in there. She probably had no idea what's going on."

Yeosang patted the Maknae on the head as he pouted.

"Well, I guess Hongjoong-Hyung is going since he speaks English."

"Do one of you want to come with me? Seonghwa?"

"I think it's best if you go by yourself. She couldn't even look me in the eye earlier."

"What are you four whispering about?"

Wooyoung had come up behind Jongho and Yeosang, wrapping his arms around their shoulders and poking his head between them.

"We found our final soulmate, Woo. It was one of the fans we just met."

"Really?! Oh my god! That's awesome! Where are they?"

"Manager-nim took her to our dressing room."

"What are we standing around here for then? Let's go!"

Hongjoong grabbed the back of Wooyoung's t-shirt to stop him from running down the hallway.

"You're not going anywhere, trouble."

The younger member whined.

"Hyung! Why?"

"The poor girl probably has no idea what has happened. Hongjoong is going to talk to her first... before you can scare her off."

Seonghwa smiled a little at the end to show he was teasing and Wooyoung acted the part, gasping and clutching his chest with his hands.

"As if I would ever. You wound me, Hyung."

"Um, Hongjoong-Hyung? Are you going now? You're keeping our soulmate waiting."

"Yes, right! I'm going. I'm going."

They all walked until they were outside the door to the dressing room. Before Hongjoong went in, the younger boys gave him thumbs up while Seonghwa gave him a reassuring smile. With a deep steadying breath, he knocked on the door before turning the handle and walking in.

Inside the room, he saw her sitting on the sofa. While before she had been more of a passing blur, now he could have a proper look at her. She was cute, but what stood out more at that moment was that she looked scared. When she looked up and saw who had entered the room, her eyes grew wide as she stared at him. He sat down next to her with a friendly smile.

"Hello, I'm Hongjoong."

Luckily, he'd had his fair share of meetings with fans that he wasn't too put off when she continued to stare at him. He leant forward and tried to give her an encouraging smile.

"What's your name?"

His moving closer seemed to bring her back to reality, but Hongjoong was a little surprised when she shuffled away from him.

"Zoey."

He watched as her eyes darted around, looking anywhere but at him.

"It's nice to meet you, Zoey. Did you enjoy the concert?"

Hongjoong smiled as she nodded. She was too cute.

"Do you have a favourite song?"

For a moment he didn't think Zoey was going to answer, but she was just thinking.

"Treasure."

"The shining treasure over there. It's beckoning to you, that treasure."

As he rapped the beginning of the song, his heart leapt as she finally looked at him again, a smile gracing her lips.

"Do you know why you are here?"

"No...?"

Hoping that she had relaxed enough for him to reveal their connection, Hongjoong held out his hands, palms up. Zoey glanced down at them before looking up at him, confusion clear in her eyes.

"Touch."

It took a few moments before Zoey raised her own hands and even then, she hesitated before moving them to rest on his. Hongjoong didn't miss the way that her hands shook before their palms met and a soothing, calm feeling washed over him. He didn't move as he looked for a sign that she felt their bond.

"You feel it?"

Zoey looked unsure and Hongjoong tried to think of a way to explain it to her without directly telling her that they were soulmates.

He pulled his hands back as he stood up and walked to the door. Poking his head out, the other boys looked at him expectantly.

"Yunho? Can you come in please?"

"What? Why Yunho?"

"Because he's the least intimidating."

"What about this face is intimidating?!"

Wooyoung put his hands on either side of Yeosang's face and squished his cheeks together. The others laughed as Yunho walked to the door.

"What do you need, Hongjoong-Hyung?"

"A comparison. She doesn't seem to realise... Can she touch your hand? To feel the difference?"

"The difference? Oh! I understand. Yeah, sure."

They both walked into the room, Hongjoong sat back on the sofa next to her and Yunho perched on the tablet in front of them. The leader nodded at him, and Yunho held up his hand for a hi-five. Zoey frowned in confusion, but slowly raised her hand to meet his.

She jumped a little when he curled his fingers in between hers and waved their hands around, but Yunho's friendly puppy smile must have been enough to relax her as she smiled back shyly. When Yunho let go of her hand, Hongjoong held out his instead. The poor girl looked very confused, but she put her hand in his anyway. The leader wrapped both his hands around hers.

"Hyung, are you sure...?"

"Yes. I'm sure. I can feel it. Zoey? Do you understand? Can you feel... our connection?"

Hongjoong stared into her eyes, willing her to understand, desperate for her to work it out for herself.

"Connection? What do you - No. No way. It's not possible. We can't be..."

"Yunho, ask the others to come in."

The younger jumped up to let the other members in. Zoey tried to pull her hand back, but Hongjoong wouldn't let go.

"Hyung, can we -"

"Remove the makeup covering your marks."

The boys glanced around at each other but didn't ask questions as they did as their leader told them. Seonghwa came over with makeup remover to do Hongjoong's hand and he finally let go of Zoey's hand.

She held her hand against her chest as she looked around the room at all the other members. In the chair next to her, San and Wooyoung sat together, leaning toward her and staring with silly smiles on their faces. She blushed at their having their attention on her until their view was blocked.

"Zoey."

Hongjoong, Seonghwa, Yeosang, and Jongho had gathered around her. Once she looked their way, they all held out their left hands. It was obvious what they wanted her to see. The number one was stark against the skin of their ring fingers. Zoey recognised them as soul-marks, but she had never heard of a number being one before.

"One?"

"It shows that we have one more soulmate."

"Wow... what a lucky person."

Hongjoong stared at her in disbelief while the other three looked at him in confusion.

Wanting to know what was going on, Wooyoung whispered in San's ear.

"What did she say?"

"That whoever their final soulmate is, is a lucky person."

"What? You! It is you who is..."

Wooyoung looked at San for the right word in English.

"Lucky."

"Lucky!"

Zoey looked back at Hongjoong.

"Really?"

"You don't believe us?"

"I - Am I dreaming?"

Seonghwa smiled at her.

"No dream today. This is real life."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 2.3K 51
Soulmates are people who are bound to you before you are even conscious. How? Well, because the night sky said so. The temperature, the tranquility...
11.4K 250 35
When 2 of the oldest members of ATEEZ get stressed, they can't help themselves but slip into little space. They always took care of each other when o...
1.6M 70.1K 118
When a worldwide sickness means BTS have a time limit to find their final soulmate, they come up with a plan to find them during their world tour. ...
225K 7K 58
"And maybe in the end, I was meant to be alone." Once upon a time, I had 8 soulmates. "You never really see how toxic people can be until you breathe...