LOVE? WAR?

By MrS_S_AA

Narrator here, Shinomiya and Shirogane are getting their game onn!! But on the other side This brown hair ma... More

πΏπ‘œπ“‹π‘’ π“Œπ’Άπ“ˆ 𝒲𝒢𝓇 πŸ’˜
Greetings!! The start of well....πŸ’˜
Spies of the Heart πŸ’˜
Phones and Mischiefs πŸ’˜
Mr Heartless!! I am in Love!!πŸ’˜
The Pupils Widen πŸ’˜
Hot topics and Cool Yoghurt!πŸ’˜
Is this edible? πŸ’˜
Was this a win? πŸ’˜
CRACKS πŸ’˜
PersonalityπŸ’˜
ConfrontationπŸ’˜
Let the Game Begin! πŸ’˜
Mine! and LandMines... πŸ’˜
BOYS' NIGHT OUT! πŸ’˜
Every corner is dark πŸ’˜
AftermathπŸ’˜
Crack the Shell πŸ’˜
Door to Hayasaka πŸ’˜
Entropy πŸ’˜
A smile behind the cynicalπŸ’˜
Cruel ReasoningπŸ’˜
BTSπŸ’˜

Pitter-patter and Deliciousness!! πŸ’˜

4.6K 258 139
By MrS_S_AA

Narrator's POV

If parting with your classmates had to be a drama written by the dead body of Shakespear himself....this would be it, folks. 

The four of them walking quietly parting ways was the fruition of something so freaking normal that it will blow the socks off your smelly feet. 

But for that, we will have to go back in time. 

Flashback

The pitter-patter of rains brought utter distraught to the 4 hopeful lads...well 3. The fourth one, I can't really tell with his bland expressions. 

"This is quite unfortunate huh, Ayanokouji, what were you doing there, picking up pamphlets from the shops while we were walking...Did you need something?" Hinokuchi asked me.

She was right to ask that question because he had been swiping all of them left and right while the other three were chatting!

"Oh, that? I was keeping a mental note of the prices of the groceries I will be needing today."

He is doing what??

"So, just going cheapskate are we?"Hayasaka questioned

"Not exactly, I keep the track of unit prices and volumes written in the fine print. So I keep a check on the quality as well."

"You mean to say, you are actually  keeping track of the prices by units and not simply buying what's cheap....umm?" Hayasaka was clearly surprised. 

He simply nodded and went back to the pamphlets.

As she is the head butler of the Shinomiya household, it is of no surprise that she has to cater to the food department and manage it, so that, only the most premium and top quality food gets in the entitled stomachs of the family. 

While most of her time goes by lecturing other chefs and maids to keep the cost in check and also the quality, after all, she had to explain the budget usage to the authorities.  She was pleasantly surprised.

"It seems you have taken shrinkflation into account."She whispered under her breath.

Sooo, shrinkflation is the wicked tactic used by many companies, to get more profits. How so?

It's simple, have you ever noticed that the chips packets you are eating are getting lesser and lesser chips than in the 1990's or so, even when you are paying the same exact price?

Well, OF COURSE, YOU HAVEN'T!!! You weren't born back then! 

Companies are slowly removing bit by bit or changing the designs to make the containers smaller slightly so the oh so naive customer gets less bang for their buck!!

Since it's quite difficult to notice unless you check the unit prices each time and keep track of the units in the previous purchases, it's the perfect scheme. 

After all, most are willing to get slightly lesser content but will turn their noses to the increased prices.

TRULY DEVIOUS!!!

"I did, keep that in account" Ayanokouji whispered back. It seems things are getting forward between the two, on economics and marketing!!!

 HOW LOVELY AND STRAIGHT OUT OF A ROM COM!!!

Hayasaka was shellshocked that Ayanokouji had heard her real thoughts! She had whispered faintly enough and the rain's pitter-patter should have completely muffled her voice....

Yet he did it? How? Does he have pigeon ears??

Cough

....Though cat ears would be better.

"Why are you fidgeting Hayasaka? Are you cold?"Suruga asked out of concern.

"No, not exactly. I was just concerned that we wasted Ayanokouji's free time with this dumb rain! Ugh, sorry dude, rain is just a bummer." 

Ohhh!! Hayasaka quickly diverted the attention to Ayanokouji in order to hide her shock and the contents of what she had said. 

Because if anyone else heard that, they would one billion per cent question her gyaru persona. As which gyaru ever saves and worries about money and the market prices?.....at least in the world I live in. 

Hayasaka in everyone's eyes in the school is just a ditzy popular gyaru girl with nothing but a 2D personality fit for the Oscars. She always is the last of her class, intentionally. 

Hence, terms like shrinkflation should never be recognised by.....well, her thoughts describe it the best....

'A dumb, idiot like me, shouldn't ever be having these thoughts. I had almost slipped up, I have

 to be even more careful, practising it over and over again.  Keep calm Hayasaka, here you are

 nothing but a gyaru idiot with nothing but a bundle of smiles and cheers...don't ever show the real you.'

....As I said, Hayasaka is a seasoned actor.....but I missed out on how much effort she has to put into her acting. 

"It's not an issue at all. I enjoy the rain."

She smiled her practised smile as she said, "Me too Ayanokouji. It is quite cool to be drenched in it But mom would tots scold me if she finds out."

"I would want to experience that too, It might be quite fun."

"Huh, how can anyone tell with that face of yours" She chuckled slightly at his comment.

"Wow, you both are talking quite well with each other! It's quite strange considering Hayasaka is like the total opposite of you Ayanokouji..." Suruga commented while being quite intrigued. 

She was absolutely right, they were the yin and yang of social hierarchy!! One was the loner gloomy dude the other was the hot gyaru girl. Them interacting normally was something most unexpected. 

YET IT'S HAPPENING!!

"Is it that strange? Aren't we classmates?"

"True, what's so about it? Honestly, It would be kinda weird to not agree with him, after all, who doesn't like rain."

Two hands shot up.....well, that's awkward.

They were completely nonchalant about what she was implying.....well I think at least Ayanokouji was. 

Hayasaka on the other hand has totally mastered the social interactions department and had completely understood what she was implying....yet beautifully diverged it with Ayanokouji's statement. 

"Ahha you guys are no fun~"  Suruga pouted.

"Ayy, let's go, the rain stopped." Hinokuchi patted Suruga's head....cute.

"Yaa!! We will be like supperrr late." Hayasaka said while pointing at her silver watch glistened under the peeking sun from the darkness of the residing clouds

Damm this day is getting quite metaphorical. Which is quite acceptable, as that watch means the world to her.

After they reached the ramen shop which was a world heritage site for the exquisite pristine ramen. I may have exaggerated a bit....

Cough

Anyways, then they all sat down with a prim proper and ordered in sync

'Seafood ramen with extra shrimps and no tuna.'

'Chicken ramen and no egg with more gravy.'

'Extra Spicy ramen and extra chilli pepper and 1 whole egg.'

'Ramen.............................'

The ramen shop went pin-drop silent as they all creaked their stiff necks to look at Ayanokouji with deathly pale eyes. 

How pathetic of you Ayanokouji......disappointing.

"What?"

"Oh...it's just that you ordered plainnn ramen....ya know...that's kinda taboo."

Ayanokouji stared at Hayasaka while contemplating his life choices.....

"Oh..I see, I haven't tried Ramen before, so please forgive my inexperience with the menu."

Those death glares turned pale as they pitied the young lad...

HOW DEPRESSING!!! You are not pathetic you sweet innocent child...

"Wait why not? Like what do you even eat then?"Suruga slammed the table in utter disbelief.

"The usual like vegetables, meat etc.....isn't that normal."

"Suruga get's a bit dramatic at times. What she meant to say was, while we eat those...but ramen flows through our veins. It's like a staple food even with less nutrition."

Hinokuchi looked at Suruga with slight irritation but quickly reverted back to her happy state. 

Hayasaka spoke up "Excuse me. Please change his order to Chicken Ramen.I think you will like it Ayanokouji, it's my favourite!"

Ayanokouji's POV

Our ramen noodles were served. I remember not buying them after Horikita glared at me for my lewd comment. 

I smelled it....this aroma, I had never been acquainted with such a rich aroma of any dish. In the White room, it was simply food capsules or bland nutrition. It was beneficial as no one could ever be obese even if they wanted to but it made food quite unappetising to many. 

I had seen kids throwing a fit over not getting the usual good food on the first day of the Phase 2....the consequences were dire.....the next day, he quietly ate...not a single complaint.

"Ayanokouji, don't just stare at the ramen, eat it too." Suruga said in excitement awaiting my reaction. 

I nodded as I picked up my chopsticks and took a bite of the noodles which had absorbed the rich gravy....and ....

Slurp

Slurp

Slurp

Slurp

"It's quite nice."

"Your reactions are bland as always Ayanokouji....not fun." Suruga started eating her ramen. 

"Heh, he is like that but I think he liked it quite a bit to eat it like that....right?"Hayasaka asked after finishing her first bite.

I nodded again and continued eating....and eating....and eating.

It was a whole burst of flavours in my mouth from the chicken's lingering taste to the noodle's smooth texture giving a rich effect to the ingredients of the gravy as it melted in my mouth.

This was the first time I had such delicious food....other than Icecream.

It tasted like a firework of flavours bursting under the night sky of a new year marking the beginning my journey of delicious cuisines. 

"AHH.....Hey Ayanokouji, try this.Lookie here..."

Hayasaka tapped my side of the table and pointed to her spoon having a mini version of the ramen.

I see, this will give her the flavours of all the components of the ramen. 

I tried it and bit into it.....

I felt my stoic expressions twitching from the explosion of different flavours in my mouth. The egg's soft texture mixed well with the spinach's roughness as it all submerged in the gravy. The bite opened a thousand gates of spices and taste that I had never explored before....it was fascinating. 

"Heh...Ayanokouji's eyebrows perked up. It seems he is enjoying himself." Hinokuchi nudged Suruga who nodded happily. 

Hayasaka smirked a bit while slurping the noodles. 

In a short time, the noodles were over.

"Thank you for today. I appreciate it."I said while giving the final bye to the three. 

"It was righttt!!! Finally, you realised the divinity of ramen! Legends say, that there are 4 ramen kings...but they are all hidden. One day, I will  be ramen queen!" Suruga giggled while saying that. 

Hayasaka simply waved while giving a final look at my bland face with Hinokouchi and we walked away...for our paths and fates crossing again.

Flashback ends

Narrator's POV

That's all folks!! This day led to a small ripple in Ayanokouji's perception of the world's happier moments.....while the trio's curiosity increased on our mystery or boring man. 

RESULTS OF TODAY'S BATTLE:

AYANOKOUJI AND HAYASAKA WIN! 

....Suruga ends her day with another bowl of late night ramen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 553 51
(Currently on hiatus) Ryota Sagami is the historian of the student council and is the best friend of Miyuki Shirogane. He known about Miyuki secret c...
1K 20 24
⚠️ Disclaimer ⚠️: The pictures do not belong to me!Haikyuu also does not belong to me, nor any of the characters in Haikyuu! This is and AU, so none...
153K 9.3K 52
What if the Nakano sisters attend ANHS instead of *what was that school again*? Witness how Ayanokouji will find ways to convince the five sisters wh...
58.8K 745 66
||Characters belong to the creator of Haikyuu!! (Haruichi Furudate)|| Random one-shots I make or think of for Haikyuu ships I accept requests but no...