We're going to need more than...

By FuzzyFowl

For her, being cast as one of the leading ladies on the second season of "Why Women Kill" was her first big g... More

Do you need help with that?
Wanna come in?
Why don't you stay the night?
Can you do that?
And what do we do now?
Who is she?
And? Did you like it?
Can I do anything, baby?
Can I get you anything for dessert?
You remember Jordane?
Do I smell... fear?
How about some pancakes?
Why does everything always have to be so complicated?
Where do we go from here?
Are you the Uber driver?
I really can't leave you alone for five minutes...
Have you ever died before?
So this is goodbye?
Why don't you take him with you to Hawaii?
So that's how rich people travel, huh?
Is that gentleman harassing you?
Would you be open to try something new with me?
I love you
How much is she paying you?
Why don't you want to be together with me?
What the hell is going on in the backyard??
I do!
I love you too!
When shall we meet the family?
How did you conquer Lana Parrilla?
Have you been to Hollywood Boulevard recently?
Call me Candy, will you?
So your idea of a romantic getaway is Disneyland?
First time, watching your girlfriend's sex scene?
I hope you don't mind camping?
You knew which day it was today, didn't you?
I'm sorry... have we met before?
Do you know what you've done to me?
... And you must be our son's girlfriend?
Do you have children, Lana?
Why are you being so rude to me?
What breaks the camel's back?
Are you breaking up with me?
But how about his sweater?
Wanna go party tonight?
Mommy, what shall I do?
Did that hurt?
What does it say?
Are you going to tell him?
Why don't you come back home to Atlanta with us?
Do you still love him? Do you want him back?
Left or right?
Ma'am, can you breathe?
Will you give me a second chance?
You're... what?
Don't you have something to say to Lana?
Story continues here >>

We DID need more than five minutes...

209 6 136
By FuzzyFowl

„She really is sorry, you know?", he whispered, holding her tight.

„I know", she sniffed, reached for a tissue and blew her nose, „She did sound genuine. I just... I really hope it's not just because my pelvis turned out more fertile than she would have thought and in the end I may actually end up giving her a grandchild, and all of a sudden that makes me good enough for her. And for you..."

He nodded. „I understand that it may look this way, but it's not, I swear! I had some good conversations with her while we were down at Laguna Beach for... well, for your birthday. She saw how I was feeling about losing you, and what you mean to me. She already told me then that she had treated you unfairly and was regretting it. And that was before she knew about the baby", he blew a soft kiss into her neck and added, „I really hope that the two of you will get along. You're similar in many ways, you know? And not at all in others, but... anyway, you're the two most important women in my life, so..."

Eventually, she reciprocated his warm smile as her tears had dried. „Actually, speaking of important women in our lives... you remember Cabo? Are you still down for it?"

He had initially been booked to join her, her mother and her sister with her two boys on a family trip to Mexico this weekend.

„Right! Oh, uhm... I don't know, I mean if you guys will have me, of course, I'd love to come! Meet the rest of your family."

„Great! Of course we want to have you, you're part of the family now!", she beamed at him and reached for her phone, „My sister will probably kill me because that means I will need to change my reservation a third time, but", she chuckled, „I'm a complicated person, what else is new?"

„Are you sure you can handle a trip to Mexico without being able to drink Tequila shots and Margaritas though, that's the real question..."

„And it's a very good question, but see, that's exactly why I need you there! How else am I gonna survive my family for that long? Also, I was thinking... maybe we can tell my mom, my sister and nephews then? That I'm pregnant? I mean... those two are kind of related. I don't think I can go dry for long without pesky questions popping up."

„Well, I don't know your sister yet, or your nephews, but if they're anything like you or your mom, I'd say you're probably right."

She chuckled. „Oh, you're in for a treat then. And my nephews will ADORE you, I'm sure, especially Sammy, the older one! I mean, you're closer in age to him than you are to me, as shocking as that sounds. And maybe you can teach him a thing or two about being a responsible man and adult, sometimes he's still struggling with that a little", she pushed a button on her phone and held it to her ear.

„Hello?", she heard her sisters voice, and just from the sound of it she gathered that she must be in the car right now, driving.

„Hey Deena! Is now a good time to talk?"

„Depends for what, if you can make it quick?"

„Sure! It's about Cabo..."

„Nooo, Lana, come on, what is it this time? So you DO want to come in the end?"

„I do, actually. Together with Jordane."

Her sister sighed so loudly that was clearly audible on her end of the line. „So you're back together then?"

„We are, yes."

„Well, that's great, but... first you tell me to remove your plus one and switch your reservation to a single room, then you ask me to cancel your reservation altogether because you don't want to come at all, and now all of a sudden it's the two of you again?"

„Uhm... yeah?"

„Okay then, I'll tell you what. If you want to act like a teenager, I'll text you the number of the hotel, and you take care of it yourself alright? And if they don't have any vacancy left on such short notice, you got only yourself to blame. I'm not your assistant, Lana!"

„No, that's true, but you're my big sister", unfortunately, Deena couldn't see her sister's big brown Bambi eyes right now, but Jordane could, and he could barely suppress a laugh, „and if you were, I'd have fired you by now..."

„Oh, you wouldn't dare! Anyway... I do hope you still get a room."

„If not I'll check with the hotels nearby, I'm sure Cabo can't be completely booked out, even on short notice."

„I'm glad you're coming though, we haven't seen you in ages! The boys will be thrilled! And I'm looking forward to meeting your guy. Mom doesn't stop swooning over him."

„Well, mom has always had good taste", she replied while gently caressing her boyfriend's neck.

„Alright then, I gotta go."

„Bye, Deena! See you in Cabo!"

„See you, hermanita!"

She called the hotel right away and got lucky: they did still have a room available. Though she had to chuckle when she hung up the phone.

„So?", asked Jordane, „Why are you laughing?"

„Well, I managed to get a room for us..."

„... But?"

„But all they still had available was the honeymoon suite. Apparently someone cancelled last minute. Poor them..."

„So... we have the honeymoon suite?"

„Looks like it!"

„Sounds expensive..."

„Don't you worry about that, huh? You're invited."

He wanted to object, but she silenced him with a kiss.

„Please let me, okay?", she whispered against his lips, „You gave me the most incredible gift, and yes, I know that you didn't do much for it but enjoy your own pleasure, but still. Let me celebrate our little miracle with you this way, okay?"

He wasn't sure at first, but then his lips pulled into a smile, and he nodded. „Okay. That sounds like a plan."

„And if it makes you feel better, take it as an apology for missing out on Laguna Beach."

„I'll take you there one day, I promise. Both of you."

He gently placed his hand on her flat stomach again, and the only way she was able to respond was by kissing him. He pulled her closer and quickly deepened the kiss, letting himself sink back onto the couch pulling her with him. In no time she had rid him of his shirt, too long had she had to make do without the feeling of his chest and abs underneath her fingertips, and he moaned softly into their kiss, very much agreeing with that decision.

„You know", he whispered against her lips, „I was already wondering whether your boobs got bigger..."

„Yeah? Seems like you're pretty perceptive... You like them like this?"

„I'm not sure there's a right answer here, sounds like a trick question to me."

„Smart boy...", she kissed him once more, took his hand and let him explore for himself. They were extremely sensitive right now, but she trusted him, and he was extra careful without her having to ask him for it.

Before they could get completely lost in each other though, the doorbell rang. They instantly froze in their movement, then, with a dramatic sigh, Lana let go of his lips. „I would say that's Bex with the dogs... interrupting us for the second time today. One might think she has some sort of sensor and is doing this on purpose."

„From the way I got to know her, that's very likely."

She got up and straightened her clothes and hair before going to open the door. Her dogs were already barking in excitement and by now Bex was impatiently ringing the bell non-stop.

„Okay, okay, I'm coming!! A pregnant woman can only move so fast."

She opened the door and saw her friend standing in front of her with a raised eyebrow pointing at her massive baby bump. „Excuse me?! And you're telling this to whom exactly?"

She cocked her head, remembering that she wasn't the only one expecting a baby here. „Right, I'm sorry. Hey, Loli!! Thank you so much for taking care of those two for so long!"

She squatted down to pat and cuddle her old dog who was beyond herself with excitement to be reunited with her mommy, licking all over her face, while Levi couldn't care less about Lana for the time being but ran right past her into the house. He could already smell on the doorstep that someone else was here too...

He barked when he saw Jordane and jumped up and down, running circles around his pal who could only laugh. „Hey there, buddy!! You're right, I'm back! It's so good to see you again, did you miss me, huh? Did you miss me, buddy?"

„Well, it sure looks like it!", Lana giggled.

Bex had to laugh as well, shaking her head. „Looks like Levi missed Jordane even more than you missed Jordane."

„Uh-uh", she shook her head, „That's not possible!"

„Hey Bex!", when the young dog eventually left him some air to breathe, he could finally come closer to greet their guest. And it was only then that the two women realized that he was still shirtless, and even more than that: the bulge in his pants was sending a very clear message about what Bex had just interrupted them doing.

Lana had to press a hand over her mouth in order to keep herself from bursting into laughter when she realized that the face of her friend and almost-sister was slowly turning the same shade as her hair upon this unexpected view, and all of a sudden she got almost shy.

„Oh, uh... h...hi Jordane! How's... how's it going?"

He casually wrapped his arm around Lana's shoulders and just kept on smiling. „It's going really well, thank you! Lana and I have just been..."

„... making hot dogs", Lana completed his sentence innocently.

„Oh yeah, right... hot dogs, I see", she cleared her throat, „XXL hot dogs, from the looks of it."

„Exactly! Those are my favorite!", Lana replied and turned her head to look at her boyfriend, „Isn't that right, honey?"

„That's right, honey bun!", he leaned over and gave her a deep and almost offensively wet kiss that almost sent her blood boiling from one second to the next.

„Are you alright, Bex?", Lana asked with a caring look, half joking, half seriously worried.

„Oh yes, yes, sure! It's just... hot flashes, you know? You'll get there", she fanned herself some air, „Alright then, I definitely think I should be going... You two enjoy... whatever it is that you'll be doing, I don't want to know."

„... Bex?", Jordane interrupted her and now gave her a genuine smile, „I'm sorry for teasing... Thank you! For taking care of Lana these past few days. And of our little one."

„Awww, of course, you're welcome! And congratulations!", she made a move to hug him, but reconsidered based on his bare chest and another still somewhat protruding body part. Instead she awkwardly high five'ed him.

„You have no idea what a pleasure it is to see Rebecca Mader embarrassed for once!", said Lana before hugging her goodbye.

„Touché! You're welcome, dear, I give you that one, but don't get used to it! Oh, and that reminds me... I'll send you the link to that sex toy page I mentioned for... you know", she whispered, adding a dramatic wink.

Then she gave a last wave to the dogs and left them with a half yodeled: „Ta ta! And between all the hot dogs, don't forget to learn your lines!"

Finally, when they had closed the door behind her, both of them burst into laughter.

„I cannot believe you?!", she poked him in the chest, „who is that naughty guy with the hard on in front of my friend?? I thought you were so shy and self-conscious you wouldn't ever do that in a million years?"

„I know!!", he did seem slightly embarrassed after all, „I just felt like it... Do you think she'll mind?"

„Oh, hell no! Bex? I'd rather say you just rose through the ranks, as if you hadn't already been one of her favorite people for knocking me up. But well... I do have to say, it kind of turns me on to see you that cocky and confident."

She let her fingers run along his chest and seductively batted her eyes at him, reminding him that they had just been busy doing something before they were disturbed, but they weren't allowed to continue where they had left off for long because Levi was demanding attention and absolutely wanted to be petted by both of them at the same time.

Lana sighed. „You're right, Levi... And Bex too. I don't have time for hot dogs and... other things. I REALLY need to learn my lines", she looked over at Jordane apologetically, „Is that okay for you?"

„Are you kidding, of course? I mean... we can continue this whenever, right? Because... I live here now", he smiled, „And I actually have some lines to learn myself. So why don't we get to work now and enjoy our break together later once we've earned it?"

„That sounds like a plan!", she gave him a peck on the lips and they both retreated back to the living room, each with a cup of tea and their scripts, luckily Jordane still had his duffle bag with him that he had been planning to take to Atlanta.

But when Lana was about to sit down on the couch to get to work, Lola was standing in front of her, looking up, tail wagging, expectingly. She whimpered.

„Hey Lols, what's up?"

The old dog gently poked her in the belly with her muzzle.

„Careful, Lola! I have my tea here and it's very hot, okay?", she sat down, but Lola whined again, looking at her with the biggest eyes, „What's up, big girl? Is something wrong?"

When she was seated, Lola finally looked at peace with herself, instantly resting her head on her stomach, panting contentedly and closing her eyes.

Frowning, Lana caressed her head and her fluffy ears, this was certainly odd behavior.

„Funny... Lola usually doesn't sleep on me, especially not like... wait a minute!", her eyes grew wide when she looked at Jordane who was just pulling his script out from his duffle bag, „Do you think... do you think she knows? That I am... you know?"

He smiled and shrugged, the nodded. „Actually, it's possible, yes! I think I heard my mom say so once. Dogs have a very sensitive sense of smell, of course, and all those hormonal changes... I'm sure you smell different to her now that you always have. Whether she knows that there's something growing in your belly, I'm not sure, that might just be a coincidence, but who knows?"

Her eyes were welling up as she was looking down on her dog who would forever remain her firstborn – in a way. „Yeah, who knows...", she mumbled, „It would be really cute though, wouldn't it? If she were protecting her little brother or sister in there? I think, I like that thought."

„Then I'm sure that's exactly what Lola is doing, mhm?"

He placed his hand on hers and squeezed it gently, then gave the old lady another pat on the head.

She was trying to focus on her script, but very soon it started to dawn on her that it was hopeless.

„I really don't know how I will play this role", she said, more to herself than to him.

„How do you mean?"

„I'm supposed to play a woman who's struggling with IVF. A few weeks ago, that made all the sense in the world, but now... now I almost feel like a fraud imagining saying those lines?"

He nodded. „I get what you mean, but, it's still acting? In that respect, nothing changed. I'm sure you'll do amazing, either way."

„I know, but still... Do you think I should call them?"

„Who?"

„The producers? The director... or at least my agent, my manager?"

He frowned. „Why would you?"

„I don't know", she shrugged with a sigh, „To tell them that I have to drop out of the project because I cannot do justice to the part anymore?"

He almost had to laugh, she looked lost and helpless, but still so cute at the same time. „No, baby, listen to me. You WILL do justice to the part, no matter whether you're pregnant or not. You're not yet showing, at all, and you're well enough trained to be able to drown out all the noise, aren't you? Plus, I haven't had that much experience with working in Hollywood yet, but I could imagine, dropping out of a project, even if it's ‚just' and indie film, so last minute is not that easy? But you would know that better than me, probably."

„No no, you're right, I couldn't really, even if I wanted to. I just feel like... I need to tell someone, you know? But then again, it's way too soon to make it public, beyond our families and closest friends who we can trust. And, I mean, we still haven't even made public that we're together in the first place! I made sure of it with my utterly stupid decision to break up with you. Otherwise, we'd be official now, and things would be different."

„Yeah, maybe... maybe not. But either way, we have all the time in the world, huh? We can make our relationship public any day, whenever it feels right to us, that will be the right moment."

He saw her thinking about his words and nodding along in slow motion, then she swallowed, and all of a sudden he could spot a decision in her eyes.

„You... you trust me, right? You love me? And... you want to be together with me? And you don't mind whether or not the whole world knows? You don't care?"

„Not one bit", he shook his head, more than sure of his response, „All that matters from now on is you, and the family we're creating together. Everything and everybody else is just noise. If they're happy for us, great! And if not, fuck'em!"

She nodded, her heart was beating faster with every breath she took. Then she reached for her phone and briefly checked how she looked, making sure her hair looked okay, she wasn't wearing any make up, but that didn't matter now.

„What are you doing?", he asked.

„What I should have done a long time ago. Julie will probably kill me, but... you're right. Fuck'em!"

She took one more deep breath, then pushed the button. There was no way back.

She watched herself on her phone screen like a digital mirror, distorting reality like social media always did. She tried to smile casually as she saw the number of viewers climb up, up, up persistently. Not too much and not too little. Did she look nervous? Would people notice that her hand was shaking as it held her phone?

„Hey everybody!", she eventually greeted her audience as she had reached a certain number of viewers, „Just waiting for a few more people to join... alright... So yeah, hey everybody!", she chuckled nervously and tucked her hair behind her ear while Jordane was just watching her with eyes wide, in disbelief as well as breathless anticipation, „Welcome to another one of my completely random impromptu lives... I won't add anyone today, sorry, I actually just dialed in to make a quick announcement here. Something private, so here we go... this isn't easy for me, so bear with me, okay? If you know me, then you know that I usually don't like talking too much about my private life, especially not since my divorce, but... this is something I would like to share with you myself before you somehow see or hear about it elsewhere."

The questions and comments were popping up so quickly that she had trouble reading them at all, but there were certainly a lot of „She's in love with Jen!", „She's dating Sean!" „ARE YOU PREGNANT?" flying across her screen, which didn't help her anxiety level.

„The thing is, you're right... I'm in love!", she couldn't help but smile dreamily into the camera now, like a lovestruck teenager, „I'm in a new relationship and I am extremely and insanely happy with him. And I can see that you're wondering who he is... If you watch the show, my show that's currently airing on Paramount+, ‚Why Women Kill', then you know him actually. He's a fellow actor, he plays Rita's private investigator Vern Loomis, his name is Jordane Christie. We met on set, and we fell in love, actually while he was helping me sort through all those flowers and gifts earlier this year, so", she chuckled and teasingly pointed into the camera, „I guess I have y'all to thank for this!"

She reached for his hand outside of the camera frame and he went in to hold her, giving her the support she needed along with an encouraging smile and a nod. „But, seriously... like I said, I wanted you to know so we can stop hiding and don't need to worry anymore whether we're on some picture in the background hugging or kissing because I honestly cannot stop hugging or kissing him ever, I'm just that crazy about him so... and since I know that I have the most perceptive fans in the world, don't I?... That's right, I know you guys! You'd all give Vern Loomis a run for his money, uh-uh?", she made a pause to try and catch the comments flying by, and she was almost moved to tears by the outpour of love that she was receiving.

„Oh my God, you're all so sweet! I love you guys so much!", she started reading out a few comments and questions, „You go, girl, you deserve it! – thank you! I think so too! Damn, Jordane is sooo hot!", she could only purse her lips and nod, „Oh yes!... yes, he is... Why aren't you dating Scooter?", she had to chuckle, „Well, Scooter is really hot too, but he's married and has a baby! Plus, Jordane and I just clicked, you know? That's just... that's just how it happens. When you meet the right one, you just know... you know? Will you take him to Raleigh? – I don't know yet! If he wants to come, he can come, of course! But we'll both be really busy soon, so...", she looked at him, but just very briefly to not give his presence away on camera, „And if he were there with me, you probably wouldn't see much of him, to be honest. Because he's shy, you guys! He's not like... what you may be used to from my former partner, not to name any names, so... sorry!", she kept on reading, but very soon the comments and questions just seemed to start repeating themselves, and many were way too private and personal than to address them live on Instagram, so she decided to close this announcement and keep it short, as she had planned.

„Alright, so... yeah, that's just what I wanted to share with you today, very quickly, just so you know what's going on because I know that many of you are worried about me, that I'm lonely or sad or... depressed or what not. But... please just know that...", she sighed and smiled her most genuine smile, „I'm very, very happy right now. Really, truly happy, I'm deeply in love. And know that he takes good care of me, he really does. He really treats me like a queen, and not an evil one", she chuckled, „So don't you worry about me, or my heart, alright? I'm good, I'm better than good. And I can only advise all of you to be patient, and to never lose hope because... what's meant for you will find you one day. Alright? Alright then, have a great day, morning, evening, wherever you are in the world, and... take care! I love you so much guys! Hope to see you soon at one of my upcoming conventions. Love you, take care! Mwah!"

She blew a kiss into the camera, then struggled only very briefly to end the live. And then it was done. They were out, they were official. Without another word, she just looked up at Jordane. Relieved, but also scared.

„Come here", he whispered, opening his arms for her, and she instantly snuggled up to him, „How do you feel?"

„I don't really know to be honest. I'm... just so happy that it's out. No more sneaking around. No more secrets."

He nodded, giving her a confident smile. „No more secrets!"

Softly, she placed her lips on his for their very first kiss as an official couple, then she put her head back against his chest. „How do you feel?"

„I don't know either. Proud, mostly...", he checked his phone, then his eyes grew wide, „Are you f-ing kidding me?!"

„What, why?"

„I have, like, twice as many followers now as I used to have this morning?!"

She had to smile, but sigh at the same time. „I guess I should say ‚You're welcome' and ‚I'm sorry' at the same time? I hope they'll treat you right... I'm sure they will, but... if not, you tell me, okay? My fans have a way of loving very intensely. For better or worse."

He wasn't quite sure at all of what was happening here right now, so he could only nod absent-mindedly. „I guess... I just... should I also be expecting flowers and gifts now?"

Her grin grew wider. „To be honest... probably! Once they find out how and where to reach you? But don't worry about that now, okay? We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

„You're right, it's just... I've never gotten so much attention before and it's a little... scary."

„I know", she gently stroked his cheek, „But I'm here for you, okay? And I might know a way how to distract you..."

He was all ears.

„Talking about ‚Why Women Kill' just now, I realized... have you watched the past two episodes, by any chance?"

He shook his head. „No... I couldn't. You?"

„I couldn't either. Wanna watch them together now?"

„I'd love to!", he nodded eagerly, „But, what about your lines?"

„Oh well, you know, I'm already late anyway, and... how did you phrase it so gentlemanly? Fuck'em!"

They were huddled together on the couch with a bizarre mix of snacks that Jordane could only watch in awe as his girlfriend eliminated one after the other in the weirdest combinations while they played the two episodes that they had missed. Rita Castillo was in jail, being framed for murdering her husband, while Vern Loomis was taking on her case to defend her and prove her innocence.

In this scene, they were sitting opposite of each other in a prison cell, shooting their usual banter back and forth.

„It's so crazy that..."

„... I know, right?"

Watching that scene made both of them feel all warm and fuzzy inside. When they had been filming those dialogues, they had been colleagues, friends, at most. And now... now their love had created a new life that was growing underneath their hands that were resting on her belly, just the way she liked it.

„If you had told me back then that when this episode airs, we would be sitting her like this..."

„I know... almost gives me goosebumps!"

Only five minutes did they give Vern Loomis to interrogate Rita Castillo about her case. More than enough for him, he said. Then he asked her to list all her enemies, but she just raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow, took his cigarette from him and took a pull.

„Oh, honey", she said, „You're going to need more than five minutes!"

In front of the TV screen, Lana smiled at him triumphantly. „Wasn't I right? We DID need more than five minutes in the end."

He chuckled and placed a loving kiss onto her cheek. „... And every second of it was worth it!"

--------------

[A/N: So this is it, y'all! I decided to let this part of the story end here because this part is supposed to be about the beginning of their relationship, how they fell in love and got together.

But don't worry, their story is far from over, it's just beginning! I will continue writing about their life as a couple and a family in a sequel that I'll start posting here.

I want to thank every single one of you who made it this far, I'm truly astonished by the loyal fan base this curious pairing could acquire and I'm so happy about each and every vote, comment or silent reader. I never thought I'd make it to this point myself, so... Thanks for joining me on this ride, and I hope you'll stay with me for the sequel of #jordana! 🙌

At this point I'd also like to ask you for suggestions! I have some things and scenes planned out already, but the future is much less clearly structured than this story has been, so if you have any wishes or requests for what you'd like to read about, e.g. during the pregnancy or later on with their child as a little family, feel free to let me know and I'll see whether I can make it happen ☺️]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 13K 60
"A single night can change the course of your entire life." . . . [Yandere Prince x Female Reader] Once upon a time, in the tiny kingdom of Vascini...
261K 7.2K 21
I don't want her crown. I've come to burn her kingdom down. -Katerina London *******...
19.2K 477 23
Note: Both female and male Jesse will be in this story. This story will have smut and some violence. If you hate violence and smut then get out. This...
9.7K 343 60
Sequel to "We're going to need more than five minutes" that starts pretty much right after. While filming the second season of "Why Women Kill", Lana...