the marks left behind

By Belzier

"A different boy now, but there's nothing new I know you get déjà vu." Ice skater!george & Hockey player!Drea... More

1 ✄

2✎

24 1 0
By Belzier

TW: Religious enforcement , slight mentions of Internalized homophobia, mentions of death, pedophilia and murder (some of them are just sarcastic comments)

'Oh, I miss when we first met, He didn't know me yet.'

He stood in front of his mirror, looking calmly at his reflection as he tried to figure out how to tie the tie he was currently wearing. George's father never really showed him how to tie it, it's not like he got the time to. He was always working for the family to provide, he was the main source of income due to the fact that his wife kept getting fired every 2 weeks.

But he was fine with it, he never held any hatred towards his dad, he knew he wanted to be there. rarely, he was, and George appreciated it. He just wished they spent more time while he was still alive.

Of course, he can't keep sulking over it, his life would be miserable if all he could do was go through the stages of grief and lock himself out of the world. So, instead, he locked up his feelings deep inside himself like a bottle that was being shaken every two minutes and threatened to explode.

It's a Sunday, Sundays mean church, or mass, whatever you'd like to call it. George himself was never really religious. He did however wonder if there was truly a god somewhere, and if said god was all so powerful, great, kind and divine... why did he never help people? what kind of sick bullshit plan was it to lead someone to a horrible life? So they can somehow end up in hell for when they finally snapped? It seemed fake and unbelievable. Which is why when his mom says "god is watching over you" he hopes he can see the massive middle finger he gives to the sky.

He grabbed a jacket, nothing too shabby just a regular blue jacket with flowers printed on the back, which his mom would ultimately call 'gay' and would lead to an argument. He wished he didn't have to go to church, it was boring and time consuming. But George's mom seemed to be in an intimate relationship with the lord himself and wanted the same for her kids.

Maybe she'd suck his dick if he came down to earth and asked.

George chuckled at his on thought and grabbed his phone which was sitting on top of his wooden drawer. He opened his door, which didn't actually open normally, it was more like a sliding door which he would never get why they had one on the second floor and it coincidentally happened to be his rooms door.

"Come on, Mom's already in the car, you took a shit load of time to get down here." Rihanna said, rolling her eyes and grabbing a pink rosary which sat still on the table. George didn't think his sister was religious either, she never really paid attention in mass or excused herself to go to the bathroom so she could skip the mass which their mom would ultimately find out about and blow up at her. Needless to say their mom had done a terrible job of making them get close with the lord.

The car ride was miserably quiet, none of them really talked to each other after moving to Florida on Friday. Except for when Rihanna asked George if he wanted to go to 7/11 with her, which is a weird concept cause they didn't have the famous gas station in London and the hype didn't really match up to the actual thing. The slushees were pretty good though.

Once the car came to a stop with, once again, a terrible screeching sound that probably meant it was about to break down. His mom didn't really seem to care which added to the list of things that he hated about her.

The small family walked up to the doors of the church, nodding to the parish who greeted them and introduced them to many families which he didn't bother to remember the names of.

The brunette continued to smile and nod, glancing slightly at a few people that he seemed to recognize from either Friday or yesterday when he went out.

The bells rang throughout the church, signifying that it was about to start. His family went inside the chapel and took a seat on wooden chairs which he found very uncomfortable. Another reason to not like going to church added to his list.

"May the god be with you" the priest calmly said, he didn't know how he could do that when talking to a room of uncomfortable silence in front of at least 100 people.

"And with your spirit." The many people chorused back.

After that George simply zoned out.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." The priest said which peaked the attention, George didn't really know anymore what was considered unrighteousness.

Was it a bunch of men liking each other and getting together or was it a creepy old man liking young girls? He didn't really get the point on hating gay people, they were just doing what they loved, fucking who they wanted and dating who they wanted. What was so scary about it? You saw it twice and now you're scared your kids are suddenly going to be gay? Some people just got on his nerves, mostly the entirety of his old high school did.

George remembered that he had a friend at the beginning of freshman year. He wasn't, necessarily, homophobic. He supported it, some of George's and his friends were part of the LGBTQ+ Community. But the thought of another dude kissing him or touching him apparently appalled the crap out of him because every time someone brought up cuddling with their guy friends he'd tell them to stop and walk away. A year later he came out, George was the least to say surprised slightly by the statement. But, part of him saw it coming. Maybe he was just in deep denial, he could see it. Some times when they talked about guys Antonio, his friend, seemed more into it that most of the other guys were. George never really minded it.

There were more reasons. Like how he would stare intently at one of their mutual friends for more time than he probably should have. Or the way that he never really seemed interested in the girl talk that someone of the guys at the lunch table would have when they were a little too interested on a girl in their mutual physics class.

"For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." The priest finished saying, his eyes closed in peace. Rihanna and George looked at each other as if they had just seen someone get brutally murdered. They had never heard such bullshit in their entire life's.

Because of course if you don't forgive someone who potentially killed your dad could send you straight to hell. Okay, maybe now he was just trauma dumping.

The session came to end as people rose up from their seats and hugged their family members or people closed to them that they may have had talked with before entering the chapel.

George calmly hugged his sister, breathing in the smell of her new coconut shampoo which he will probably be stealing later tonight. He looked at his mom which was originally sat next to him beforehand. They didn't hug each other, just hummed and stared intensely for a few really long minutes.

The younger brunette was the one to tare his gaze away from the older as he looked straight forward, making a sign of the cross along his chest and face as they walked out of the chapel. Don't get him wrong. He wasn't Catholic, but, he still wanted to be somewhat respectful.

Something bright caught his eye, well as bright as he could see. He was colorblind so most of the world to him was really bland. It was the boy with blonde hair, and yellow eyes? No, maybe green?

He huffed and looked away for a moment before looking back, just to see him waiting there patiently and staring at him.

George smiled to himself, maybe he could make a new friend. He didn't need his friends from London here, he just needed to be himself and actually talk.

He didn't really feel himself moving but suddenly he was walking until he was right in front of the taller man. Not taller by much, maybe 3 or 4 inches. It still made him look up slightly.

"Hi, i don't think we've met, I'm dream. I know, weird name." The man, Dream, Smiled and stuck his hand out with max enthusiasm which George didn't think was possible for someone could have at 12 pm. Maybe he could have that same enthusiasm if he had 3 cups of coffee, he was still slightly tired.

"Oh, yeah. I saw you while I was looking out my window, I'm sorry, I probably looked creepy. But, I'm George. " He smiled kindly just like his dad had taught him. His dad apparently used to know all kinds of different smiles. He compared them then taught the techniques to George. Some of the smiles had different meanings behind them; a slightly forced smile could indicate wanting to leave or not talk any further. He tried to match dreams enthusiasm when he shook his hand. But he knew he couldn't.

"Oh! He doesn't really come to church, his family isn't religious." Dream said with a slight chuckle to his words.

George never thought he could be envious of someone he had never met. But here he was, feeling that exact sour feeling in his gut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 11.8K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...
204K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
155K 5.6K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
166K 4.4K 38
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...