𝙩𝙮𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 | �...

By thedivineheart

[MODERN AU] Gorou and Y/n have been competing in pretty much everything for the majority of their lives, hati... More

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈: 𝐤𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐮𝐳𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐈: 𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐤𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐡𝐚
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐤𝐚
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐕: 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐕: 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐤𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐦𝐢
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐕𝐈: 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐞
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐕𝐈𝐈: 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎.

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎.

3.2K 148 306
By thedivineheart

⊱ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ⊰

[HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOROU IM SORRY I FORGOT- THIS WAS ALL I HAD PREPARED-]

"You did better this time."

"Are you going to assess my skill every time we kiss?"

You laughed, "Nah, probably not. Just trying to give you some praise."

You quickly patted him on the head, causing him to yelp in surprise. He was going to say something about it, but after seeing your smile, he decided against it. As you pulled your hand back, he got a notification from his phone and took it out.

Kokomi
Hey, can I stop by your house when I'm done with my work?
sent 4:42 pm

Gorou
Of course ^^
sent 4:43 pm

"So Kokomi's coming over," you commented as you looked over his shoulder.

"Yeah. Are you okay with that?" He asked.

"Well you kinda already agreed... But yeah, I'm fine. I like Kokomi," you shrugged.

He sighed, "She's been acting weird ever since we... got together. I'm worried about her."

Intrigued by this piece of information, you narrowed your eyes at him, "Weird... how?"

"Like, she's been pretty quiet, and it feels like she doesn't want to even look at me anymore."

You only had to think for a second before you knew what was upsetting Kokomi. You wouldn't tell him and expose her, but you did feel bad, especially after how Childe reacted to your rejection. You hoped that Gorou and Kokomi would handle it better.

━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━

The front door to Gorou's house swung open, alarming Kokomi. A ghost of a smile faded onto her face when she met her closest friend's eyes. He welcomed her in and closed the door behind her.

"Hey, Kokomi!" He greeted. "Did you need something from here?"

"Ah, no... I just wanted to see you," she replied. "I was starting to get lonely."

He nodded, "Do you want to talk about it?"

She panicked and shook her head strenuously, "No, no! I'm okay. Anyway... How are you doing?"

"I think I'm okay," he shrugged. "I'm not really sure, actually."

"Hm?" She hummed, furrowing her brows. "Why is..."

She inadvertently interrupted herself when she saw you stroll down the stairs. You saw her and sent a wave, along with a small smile.

"Oh, Y/n?" She cleared her throat, fixing her posture and wearing a faux pleased expression.

"Yep," you said, hopping onto the ground floor. "I'm just visiting."

You were trying to devolve whatever dreadful feelings she was experiencing, but Gorou ruined your effort by revealing the truth, confused why you would lie.

"Um...?" He gave you a puzzled look before returning his attention to Kokomi. "She's actually living here for the moment."

Kokomi's chest was impaled by heartache as her eyes dulled and she forced her smile further upward. She clasped her hands together firmly and parted her lips.

"Is that so?"

"Yeah," Gorou replied. He was conscious of her unusual behavior, but oblivious to the reason for it.

You winced, as if his words harmed you. You tensely and steadily stepped back onto the stairs and began your retreat upstairs.

"I'm gonna go have some, uh, 'me' time. See ya," you excused before dashing up the rest of the way and rushing into your room. You closed the door and extracted your phone from your pocket, opening up your group chat with your friends.

Y/n🥰
Im in the middle of a problem help

Best Girl Ayaka💅
what problem...?

Y/n🥰
I am... 95% sure kokomi likes gorou and idk what to do

Zuzu🍁
Why do you have to do anything-?

Y/n🥰
...i mean i don't, but i feel bad for her-

"Girlie" 🤡
ayo what-

Y/n🥰
you know how to read dont act confused
anyway
oh theres also smth else

Zuzu🍁
What is it?

Y/n🥰
scara messaged me, he wants to meet up since he "has a lot to say"

"Girlie" 🤡
PARDON??? Ur not actually gonna go right

Y/n🥰
I am-
I'll bring someone with me dw

"Girlie" 🤡
and by "someone" you mean gorou 😒

Y/n🥰
do you have a problem with him

"Girlie" 🤡
yes, i do

Y/n🥰
he literally didn't do anything to you

"Girlie" 🤡
girlie why are you suddenly defending him i thought you guys hated each other 😭

Y/n🥰
I thought we already established that we arent at each others throats anymore-
Hes literally my boyfriend shutup

"Girlie" 🤡
fine whatever

Zuzu🍁
...anyway, we're still here too
did scaramouche elaborate on what he wanted to talk about?

Y/n🥰
no, i didnt rlly wanna talk to him any more than i had to so i didnt ask
im assuming he wants to apologize but maybe he wants to call me a fat bitch again 😍

"Girlie" 🤡
y/n ur lack of mental health is showing

Y/n🥰
your lovesickness is showing 
😍
istg tho if you dont shut up-
im gonna
castrate you

"Girlie" 🤡
okay damn-

Best Girl Ayaka💅
...im feeling slightly worried by this conversation

Y/n🥰
why?-

Best Girl Ayaka💅
because it seems very hostile...

Y/n🥰
oh
sry
...
childe can i go to ur house

"Girlie" 🤡
wait what

Y/n🥰
i dont wanna be at gorous house rn while hes with kokomi, i think it's making her feel worse
and i wanna apologize i feel bad for insulting you now

"Girlie" 🤡
uh sure ig

Y/n🥰
tyty

Zuzu🍁
you both have fun then

Y/n🥰
thanks kazu
btw wheres thoma?

Best Girl Ayaka💅
He's making dinner for his mom

Y/n🥰
hes literally never here omfg

Zuzu🍁
well, you haven't been here much either, to be fair

Y/n🥰
i-
i didnt notice that
anyway im gonna get going
k bye <3

Zuzu🍁
bye <3

Best Girl Ayaka💅
goodbye ^^

"Girlie" 🤡
see ya✌️
seen 5:02 pm

━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━

After the door closed, concealing your figure as you skipped outside, Kokomi and Gorou shared a glance. Kokomi could tell you somehow picked up on the signs of her feelings, and she appreciated that you were seeking to help, but it couldn't undo the damage already done to her crippled heart.

"Ahem..." She cleared her throat. "I'm... going to use the restroom."

Gorou nodded. The small details in his expression conveyed bemusement, but she avoided looking at him as she left to the upstairs bathroom. She wished to stay out of his family's way. She stiffly hurried to the bathroom and locked the door.

Her hands slammed down onto the vanity and she gazed at herself in the mirror. She swore she could feel the way it was about to crack at any moment, but nothing happened. She sucked in a breath through gritted teeth and her vision blurred from her now teary eyes. She gripped the counter tightly to the point where her knuckles began fading white. Muffled sobs escaped her mouth as her tears fell to the basin.

With his sensitive hearing, Gorou managed to listen in on her crying. Alarmed, he decided to check on her. He sauntered up the stairs and approached the bathroom door. Standing in front of it, he gently knocked on the wood.

"Kokomi?"

His quiet voice shocked her enough for her to cease breathing and freeze, staring at herself in the reflection. Her skin was a ghostly pale everywhere except her eyes, which were now a sickly red.

"Y-Yes?" She stuttered, abruptly turning the sink water on and splashing her face in hopes of looking presentable.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly. "I know something's been bothering you... Does it have to do with Y/n?"

She stayed quiet; she didn't like lying to him, but telling the truth was agonizing as well.

"...So it does?"

"Gorou..." She whimpered, leaning off the sink and resting her forehead on the door.

"If you tell me what's wrong, we can fix it-"

"We can't fix it," she sighed. "I'm... being dramatic. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come here, I just..."

"I'm sure there's something we can do... I don't like seeing you this upset, it reminds me of when-"

"Please don't bring that up," she snapped hastily. "I don't want to think about it. I should leave."

"But-"

She stepped back and swung the door open, startling the boy. He jumped back instinctively and she slipped past him, running down the hall and stairway. He swiftly followed and grabbed her wrist just as she was walking out the door.

"I really want you to feel better, I-"

"You can't do anything! I told you, you can't," she retorted with an unintentional intensity.

"But why?" He breathed, his grip on her wrist tighter now.

Tears swelled in her eyes again and she sighed, looking at him with conflict swimming in her irises. Her brows were furrowed and her lips curled in an unappealing frown. She looked bitter.

"Because I'm in love with you, Gorou. So please, let me leave."

━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━

"Wow, this place is in shambles."

"Yeah, I haven't kept up with cleaning it..."

Childe's room was untamed and littered with stray items, though you could tell he somewhat tidied up before you arrived. You sat on the edge of his bed and stretched your arms while he stood in the doorway, flipping the light switch on.

In front of you was the wall covered in his photos, many of them being with you and the others. A few of them were just you. You carefully observed them and took note of your individual pictures, but you were reluctant to say anything.

Childe joined you on the bed, scooting against the headboard so his legs were behind your back. You weren't sure what to talk about. You'd already apologized, so there was nothing else you planned to say, but you didn't want to leave.

"I'm sorry," he suddenly spoke, stealing your attention immediately.

"What? Why?" You asked.

"For..." He turned his head away, his ears red. "For trying to kiss you. I should've confessed first, and I wanted to, but when I tried, I couldn't find the words. And you looked so... Nevermind. I'm just sorry. I've been wanting to apologize for that ever since."

At the mention of the memory, your heart skipped a beat and your face flushed from embarrassment. You hated thinking about how you shut him down, and how awkward it was for both of you.

"You don't have to apologize, it's fine," you said.

"But I feel like it made things awkward," he sighed. "I made things awkward."

"Maybe that's just you, 'cause I feel fine," you shrugged.

"...Really?"

"Yeah," you cleared your throat, returning your attention to his photos. "...I didn't realize you took pictures of me."

"Oh. Uh, yeah, sorry. I'll take those down," he said, hopping off the bed and going over to the wall.

"No, no! Leave them," you hastily interrupted, causing him to look back at you with surprise. "If you still want them, anyway."

He smiled, "Okay."

After a brief silence, you found your curiosity leaning to a certain topic, "What picture do you have for my contact in your phone?"

"Wh- Why?"

"Just curious."

He reluctantly pulled out his phone and showed you the answer to your question. You stared at your contact for a good minute before saying anything. The picture was one from a concert you went to a while before, but that wasn't the problem.

"Why the fuck is my name just 'Y/n'?"

"...What?"

"You didn't even add any emojis! What the fuck, dude?" You snatched his phone and fixed the name to look at least a little better.

"'Bad Bitch Y/n 💖😍✌️'? Really?"

"Yes, really. I can't believe you left it so bland like that, you're a maniac."

He chuckled, "You're the one calling yourself a bad bitch."

"Okay, so? It's true. Cry about it."

"Wow, okay! And I thought you wanted me to feel better."

"Wait, I didn't mean-"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 5.1K 47
you and scaramouche are both drama majors and have been at each other's throats vying for the same lead roles since high school. but when you're both...
25K 643 22
"𝐎𝐇 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔." A love story, Y/n falls in love with a two-faced boy and according to his friends Y/n is: "Out of his league" along with that...
9.9K 481 21
❝ She's the King on and off the track. ❞ (Arlecchino x Fem!Reader) " Formula One AU Genshin Impact AU " * This book was initially called "Strate...
55.6K 2.1K 42
❝ You wowed as you stared in awe, " it's so pretty!" You leaned in to Childe pointing at the bright colours. While you admired the illuminations Chi...