Smiles {Tadashi X Reader}

By AbbyTheTurtleFanfics

No one enjoys moving houses. There's so much work and stress involved. But, after seventeen years in the same... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 5

6.2K 208 220
By AbbyTheTurtleFanfics

(Y/n): Your name (I'm going to just stop putting this one, okay? I think we all know what it means. XP )
(F/f): Favorite food
(wuiuteyff): Whatever utensil is used to eat your favorite food. XD

Your POV

Hallelujah! Today is Saturday!

I roll myself up into my covers like a burrito and smile to myself. Day of sleep in bed, here I come!

My mind wanders to the dance last night. How Tadashi just randomly came over and talked to me. Why? It's not like we really know each other.

"(Y/n)?" I hear Mom outside my door, lightly knocking.

"Whaaaaat?" I groan.

"I have some breakfast for you."

"I'll come down later." I roll over so my back is to the door.

"Please?" Mom begs. "You rarely come out of your room except for school! It's a Saturday. You need to go out and make friends!"

I growl and stand up, walking over to the door. I fling it open and stare up at my mom. "Who in this whole entire city would want to be friends with me?"

"Oh (Y/n)," Mom says. "There are plenty of people who would love to be friends with you."

"Uh huh. Sure."

"Please? Just give this city a try!"

I study my mom's face for a second. Her eyes are lightly glossed over with tears. She looks sad and tired. And I can't help but think it's all my fault.

"Okay!" I throw up my hands in surrender. "I'll go make friends."

"Thank you so much!" Mom grabs my arms and pulls me into a long, loving hug. I pat her back and smile.

-----

"Why is this city so cold?" I wrap my jacket tighter around my body as I walk down the street, looking for someone who would be friends with me. Anyone my age who looks friendly and isn't holding these weird robots that look like instruments of torture.

I've only seen a few of these people, but they all have this certain creepy quality about them. Mostly all of them have tattoos and piercing, or they just look really creepy.

As I walk past the Lucky Cat Café, I see several people from my school hanging out on the steps. I walk up to them and try to get in on their conversation, but they don't even notice me, so I just go inside the café.

I walk up to a table and slowly sink into a chair. I look around at the other people in the café. Seeing no one that I know, I stand up and stride toward the door.

"(Y/n)! Hi!" I hear behind me. I turn around and come face to face with Hiro.

"Uhm, hi," I say. Why would he want to talk to me?

"What cha doing here?" Is he this casual with everyone?

"My mom is making me make friends," I say. He nods in either sympathy or empathy.

"Yeah," he says. "It was hard for me to make friends when I moved here."

"I would've thought you've lived here your whole life," I say.

"Tadashi and I moved here to live with our aunt about ten years ago when our parents died." He looks down at his shoes sadly.

"I didn't know, I'm sorry," I say.

"Well, as a wise monkey once said, 'The past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it.' And now I know that running back into a burning building is terribly dangerous!"

"Very good job using Rafiki quotes to lighten a situation," I say. Hiro let's out a chuckle.

We both look to the far end of the café when we hear a loud crash and a scream. A few moments later, Tadashi comes stumbling into the café, hair askew and shirt wrinkly.

"Hiro!" he screams. "I'm gonna get you!"

"Run run RUN!" Hiro grabs my wrist and bursts through the front door of the café. After running for a few minutes, I pull him behind a tree.

"Okay, what's going on and why is Tadashi going to kill you?" I ask.

"I may or may not have messed with his robotics project," he says sheepishly.

"And why would you do that?"

"I needed parts for a..." Hiro pauses, "project."

"You are and idiot!" I whisper-scream.

Just as I'm about to grab Hiro and pull him back to the café, a firm hand wraps around my upper arm and yanks me out from behind a tree. I yelp in fear.

"Oh my gosh!" Tadashi lets go of my arm and looks me in the eye. "I'm so sorry, (Y/n)! I thought you were Hiro."

"That's okay," I say. "Hiro's behind the tree, F. Y. I." I step back and grin evilly as Tadashi tackles Hiro.

Is it possible that I have two friends in this city?

----------

"So, how was your day?" My mom sets a plate of (f/f) in front of me. I lick my lips before answering.

"It was good," I say. "Tadashi killed Hiro."

"WHAT?!" Mom asks in shock.

"It's called a joke," I say, stuffing some food into my mouth.

Mom lets out a relieved sigh. "Oh thank goodness. Don't want you hanging out with murderers."

I drop my (wuiuteyff) onto the table. Did my mom really just say that? Did she really just let that slip?

I stand up abruptly and start of toward my room. "Honey?" Mom calls after me.

As I stomp up the stairs, I take myself back several years. The day everything changed in my life.

~TEN YEARS EARLIER~

Mom ducked into my bedroom, me closely pulled to her chest. She slammed the door shut and locked it, shoving a chair under the doorknob for good measure.

An angry pound follows seconds later. "Open up!" my dad screams at us. Mom shoves me in the closet and steps in after me. I had a walk-in closet, so we both fit. She closed the door quietly.

Only a few minutes later, Mom and I heard the door to my room crack open. Hard. My dad's loud footsteps were heard, even on my carpeted bedroom floor.

"I know you're in here," he said. "And I'm gonna find you."

Mom pulled out her cell phone and quietly dialed 911. She talked with the people quietly, so Dad didn't hear.

The police arrived only a few minutes later. They burst into the house and arrested my dad, who was already wanted for several felonies related to drugs and alcohol and even murder.

It was my eighth birthday.

~BACK TO PRESENT TIME~

I slam the door of my room shut really hard. I can't believe she told me not to hang out with murderers when she is still legally married to one!

Yes people. That's right. My mom never got a divorce after my father went to jail. I mean, come on! It's not like you're gonna want to live with him when he gets out. Right?

"(Y/n)?" My mom knocks on my door. "Was is something I said?"

"No! Not at all, Mrs. (L/n)!" I spit.

"Do not use that name like an insult!" she says. "Need I remind you that your last name is the same?"

"Gah!" I throw a pillow at the door, which didn't really get my anger out, but it felt good.

"I'm sorry I brought up murderers," Mom says. "I know your dad is kind of a sore subject for you."

I'm about to reply, but instead, I burst into tears.

//////////

A/n: Okay! It's done! I finished the chapter! Whew! XP

I'm sorry if it started out happy but just ended depressingly. But I'll make the next chapter happy, okay? Yay!

You don't have to do this, but if you want to read a great story about a girl who lives with a pack of wolves or a FNAF fanfic, go check out the stories made my by best friend, petlovergirl45 !!!! Because she's awesome and totally deserves more reads than she has. THANKS!

Bye! Vote and comment for more! Peace! ✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 2.8K 20
"Move out the way," one of the gang members snarled. You started being backed up into the wall as well and you began to mentally and physically prepa...
82.3K 1.4K 16
Hello hello hello!! I'm back with a new story or more like a one shot book! I actually had a couple of requests for a book like this so I hope I can...
729K 20K 200
Big Hero 6 is inviting you for an all new adventure! Join Hiro, Tadashi, Baymax, Honey Lemon, GoGo, Wasabi Fred and many others as they journey throu...
48.7K 1.3K 14
"Please don't go, Hiro, I... I don't know what I'd do without you." "[Y/N], I will never leave you. I promise." You are [Y/N] [L/N], better known as...