Sengoku Night Blood (Disconti...

By KanadeDivinia263

Set in the flourishing world of Shinga that was formerly a prosperous and peaceful realm, a girl named Runa b... More

Characters:
S1~01: Shinga Supremacy
S1~02: Toyotomi Attack
S1~03: Takeda Banquet
S1~04: Sanada Famigilia
S1~05: Wild Feeling
S1~06: Uesugi Discord
S1~07: Date Double Face
S1~08: Oda Plunder
S1~10: Discord Terminus
S1~11: Terminal March
S1~12: Sengoku Night Blood
S2~01: Mouri Monitor
S2~02: Toyotomi Reflection
S2~03: Marriage Mayhem
S2~04: Blazing Passion
S2~05: Takeda Tranquility
S2~06: Trombe Trouble
S2~07: Sanada Beauty
S2~08: Kidnapped Princess
S2~09: Ominous Developments
S2~10: Monochromatic Night
S2~11: Discord Melody
S2~12: Uesugi Harmony
S2~13: Fallen Tears
S2~14: Date Stoneheart
S2~15: Everlasting Paradox
S2~16: Destiny Guilty
S2~17: Wishful Dreams
S2~18: Oda Creation
S2~19: Destiny Ark
S2~20: Striking Spear
S2~21: Star Becomes Music
S3~01: Awakening Heartbeat
S3~02: Noise Night
S3~03: Disorted Mirror
S3~04: Imprisonment Scythe
S3~05: Infinite Bow
S3~06: The Lost, Lost Little
S3~07: Annihilation Sawblades
S3~08: Divine Blade
S3~09: Silver Dragon

S1~09: Yakuma Corridor

295 6 1
By KanadeDivinia263

The moon was shining brightly in the dark sky. Two vampires in the archive of Toyotomi Castle were sitting quietly, reading any documents they have on the Himemiko and the first Gegga Tribes. 

But Hanbee unintentionally fell asleep and soon woke up when he realised he dozed off. His tired eyes scanned the room until he saw his commander surrounded by small towers of books, reading one in his hands seriously.

"I'm sorry, Hideyoshi-sama." Hanbee apologised, standing up.

Hideyoshi looked at the vampire with a smile. "You woke up at a good time, Hanbee."

What Hideyoshi said made the vampire confused. Hanbee walked over to him, being careful as to not step on the mess they've made.

"The oldest records on the first Gegga Tribes were around the time they appeared in this world with Himemiko." Hideyoshi looked at the book.

"So they... came to this world... from another?" Hanbee wondered.

"From what it says, one of the members have strong, and dangerous powers that they brought Himemiko and the other members to Shinga. But the member disappeared a few months after the war ended." Hideyoshi narrowed his eyes. "What's interesting about the member is that their powers are very similar to Runa's."

Hanbee's eyes widened. "You don't think...?"

"That Runa might know something? Maybe..." Hideyoshi said.

"But how would Runa-chan know what happened to Himemiko-sama, when she barely knew anything about us?" Hanbee questioned. "It was clear when we went to see the Takeda Army off."

"You do have a point..." Hideyoshi sighed.

"Did you find anything on the yakuma?" Hanbee asked, changing the subject.

"Well, the first recorded appearance of the yakuma coincided with the disappearance of Himemiko." Hideyoshi looked at the book again. "The yakuma started appearing in Shinga around the time Himemiko vanished." He explained.

"Does that mean there's some kind of connection between Himemiko-sama and the yakuma?" Hanbee wondered.

"Possibly." Hideyoshi replied.

Then Hanbee gasped in realisation. "Could it be they want Yuzuki-chan because she has the same powerful blood?" He questioned.

"Yes..." Hideyoshi held a serious look in his eyes, seeing the patterns of the increase of the yakuma and the attacks. "The yakuma are after Yuzuki."

◇◇◇◇◇

At Oda forest...

The figure had been killing small amounts of yakuma that tried to attack them. They made sure not to kill all of the beasts before heading back to the castle, or else they're going to miss any important information they might hear.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the same time...

Another group of yakuma had already began attacking the castle town. The screams and destruction of the place was large that it raised the alarm, and the news reached the supreme commander.

◇◇◇◇◇

At Oda Castle...

"What? Yakuma have appeared in the castle town?" Nobunaga questioned Mitsuhide, who informed him the news.

"Yes." Mitsuhide answered. "Nagahide's squadron is currently dealing with them. The yakuma are gradually making their way to the castle from the western forest." He reported.

Nobunaga looked at the distribution map on his desk. He had a sneaky suspicion of the yakuma's movements, and the attack in the town proved he was right.

"It is just as you said. The yakuma are after her blood..."

"Mitsuhide, make the arrangements." Nobunaga ordered.

"You mean...?" Mitsuhide gasped slightly, shocked.

"The time has come." Nobunaga closed his eyes. "We will find their nest in order to subdue them." He stated, opening his lavender eyes.

◇◇◇◇◇

The next morning...

'Why am I coming again?' Runa asked herself for the third time as another yawn escaped her lips.

After what happened last night, her fever got worse, and Runa ended up having a small case of short-term memory loss. When she asked what happened, Ranmaru barely gave her a straight answer. Whatever 'she' said to him, Runa knew she shouldn't hear it.

Now standing between Ranmaru and Katsuie outside the castle, standing on the bridge with horses behind them, the three were waiting for Yuzuki and Nobunaga. They've been standing for about 10-15 minutes that they had time to watch the sky waking up as well. The early sky was painted with pale blue and peachy orange, that it was basically a work of art.

Runa perked up when she heard footsteps coming from the castle. She turned her gaze from the grey sky to see Mitsuhide with Yuzuki walking beside him.

"I have brought her." Mitsuhide said.

'Finally...' Runa yawned again, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Ranmaru-kun, Runa-san and Katsuie-san... has something happened?" Yuzuki asked. She had no idea what's going on, or what they're doing out here so early in the morning.

"What?" Katsuie said, casually settling his hand on his hip. "You haven't heard anything?"

"The castle town was attacked last night." Ranmaru explained.

"Huh? By what army?" Yuzuki asked.

"Yakuma..." Runa tiredly answered, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Yakuma...?" Yuzuki repeated, shocked.

"The yakuma's movements have been odd lately." Katsuie mentioned. "They've never appeared around this area before."

"According to Nagahide-san, they appeared in greater numbers than they ever have previously." Ranmaru explained.

"That's because they're attracted to something they find delectable." A voice retorted inside Runa's mind.

"Hmph!" Katsuie smirked. "Doesn't matter how many show up. I'll slay them all!"

"Katsuie, we are not subduing the yakuma yet." Mitsuhide reminded the vampire. "Our current objective is to reveal where the yakuma are coming from."

"Tsk. I know that." Katsuie grumbled.

"Um, so then..."

The attention went to the brown-haired girl.

"Why was I summoned?" Yuzuki asked, still not knowing why she was needed.

Before anyone could answer, they heard the sound of hooves walking towards them. They turned to see Nobunaga riding his way over to them on his black horse.

"The preparations appear to be finished." Nobunaga said.

'The colour black...' Runa deadpanned. 'The colour suits him... And his soul...'

"Nobunaga-sama!" Ranmaru ran up to the commander, stopping a few meters away. "Good morning!" He greeted.

"All set. We can leave anytime!" Katsuie grinned.

Nobunaga nodded. "We're leaving." He looked down at Yuzuki. "Get on."

"Huh?" Yuzuki blurted out.

Nobunaga gave her a cold stare. "Do not make me repeat myself."

Yuzuki looked down in defeat. "Yes."

◇◇◇◇◇

Somewhere in the forest...

They passed through the woods, trees, bushes, mountains and many more paths. Runa was moody as she let out an inaudible sigh, slouching.

"Don't slouch." Ranmaru told the girl on Katsuie's horse.

"Otherwise you'll end up as a hunchback." Katsuie laughed.

But that ended up with the vampire getting an elbow to the ribs.

Katsuie grunted in pain and slight shock, losing control of his horse for a moment.

After the horse calmed down, Runa fell forward onto its mane, resting against the warm creature.

Nobunaga's gaze switched from the road to the raven-haired beauty, before he looked back to the road. Runa... He could not understand her at all. Her body was littered with fatigue; she dragged her feet and her shoulders were always weighed down. So why has she not passed out yet? Not only that, she was impassive and unresponsive when she first came to the castle. Now, she had shut some of those off to the side and became childish. She intrigued him. There's no reason to soften up to the people that kidnapped her against her will. Furthermore, the fact she had supernatural powers as having this aura similar to a supreme commander, only drew him in even more.

Runa found herself finally lulled to sleep by the rhythmic steps of the horse. But her sleep was only short-lived when someone started talking.

"It's pretty far away, isn't it?" Yuzuki awkwardly wondered, turning her head to the commander behind her.

But Nobunaga just ignored her.

It wasn't long until they came to halt and Runa sat up to see where they are; they were on a mountainside, and up ahead was a cave.

Runa turned her gaze to Nobunaga, who was looking at the distribution map he brought with him.

Nobunaga looked between the map and the cave, matching the location. "Get off." He told the brown-haired girl.

"Is that the yakuma nest?" Yuzuki asked.

"We haven't confirmed it yet." Nobunaga looked down at her. "I will be using you to find out."

Yuzuki gasped, shocked.

"Using her... as bait...?" Runa wondered. "Smart..." She jumped off the horse and made her way to the cave.

"O-Oi!" Katsuie called out, quickly getting down. "Don't go in by yourself!"

Runa turned to face him with her hands intertwined behind her back. "Not... yakuma nest..." She turned on her heel and walked forward.

"How would you know?" Nobunaga was right behind her with Yuzuki behind him.

"No..." Runa glanced behind her, making eye contact with Nobunaga for a second. "... bloodlust... on the... mountain..."

The cave was dark inside, not a single speck of light bounced through the walls. Runa had no problem with the dark, her eyes were adapted to the blackness since birth. A torch was lit behind her. Runa glanced back to see Ranmaru handing the torch to Nobunaga.

"I leave this to you." Nobunaga told the two vassals. With that, he turned around to walk forward.

"Yes. Please be careful." Ranmaru advised.

"Right. Let's go." Nobunaga walked passed Yuzuki towards Runa, who was waiting for them.

Yuzuki was nervous being inside a cave. Her legs won't move and she just watch the two walking deeper inside the cave, the light got dimmer as they walk.

Runa and Nobunaga stopped when they sensed Yuzuki wasn't following them.

Nobunaga turned his upper body to the side, giving Yuzuki a cold stare.

Yuzuki gulped down her nerves and quickly caught up with them.

They walked in silence, the sound of water dripping from the sharp rocks from the ceiling, down to the cold ground, as their footsteps were the only sound echoing the cave.

Runa enjoyed the cool breeze inside, it was cooling her face down and she was feeling better whereas Yuzuki was constantly looking around the cave, afraid something might pop out in front of her.

Unknown to Yuzuki, a drop of water fell and landed on her exposed collarbone. She felt the small liquid chill and flinched in fright. She stopped for a second before quickly catching up with the two. "Excuse me!" Yuzuki called out to Nobunaga. "What do you mean you're going to use me to find out?"

The sudden question made Nobunaga and Runa stop in their tracks, but neither answered.

"Why?"

"You seem to be unaware of the significance of your blood." Nobunaga said, still not turning to face her.

"The significance of my blood?" Yuzuki questioned, still not getting it.

"Your blood... attracts the yakuma... and is... drawing them... out..." Runa emotionlessly explained, not turning around either. "Bleeding... attracts... big swarms..." She added.

"Oh? So you've figured it out as well." Nobunaga glanced down at the girl beside him. She intrigued him even more, and now more interested on how much she knows.

Runa stayed still like a statue.

After a moment of silence, the two start walking again, leaving Yuzuki stunned in her place.

Yuzuki gasped in disbelief. "That can't be..."

'What a hypocrite...' Runa thought, sighing. She and Nobunaga walked further ahead a bit when they sensed danger.

Red eyes sprouted from the walls inside the cave.

Nobunaga wrapped his free arm around Runa's waist and jumped back with a flip, landing in front of Yuzuki.

Yuzuki had to cover her face with her arms when Nobunaga's cape hit her face.

Nobunaga stood in front of her, putting Runa down before extending out his arm as bats flung themselves out of their spots.

Yuzuki let out a cry in fright, hugging herself as the bats flew passed them, making their way to the other side of the cave.

When they were gone, Nobunaga looked around the cave a bit more before turning around. "Let's go back." He and Runa walked passed Yuzuki, who was both stunned and confused.

◇◇◇◇◇

Later that evening...

Yuzuki sat in her room with her dinner on her mini table. But she wasn't in the mood to eat, Nobunaga and Runa's words keeps coming back to her. "The yakuma are attracted to me...?" She wondered.

Yuzuki's body tensed when a certain spirit tanuki came running into her room, clanging around as he looked around in a panic.

"Imari-kun?" Yuzuki turned around, watching him jump onto her bed.

Imari camouflaged as a tea kettle just as Nagahide showed up at her door.

"Hey, wait!" He shouted.

"Nagahide-san?" Yuzuki questioned.

"Where's the tanuki?" Nagahide walked into the room, looking around for Imari.

"Huh?"

"He ran in here, didn't he?" Nagahide asked her.

"No." Yuzuki lied, bringing her left hand to her chest.

"Damn it." Nagahide tsked. "Where did it go?" He walked further into the room, looking at the floor beneath Yuzuki's bed.

"Are you sure you weren't just seeing things?" Yuzuki asked, standing a few feet away from the frustrated vampire.

"There's no way." Nagahide clicked his tongue. "If you see it, tell me." With that he left.

Yuzuki followed the vampire and watched him walking down the dark hallway. "You're safe now." She said to Imari as she closed the door.

Imari popped out of his tea kettle, sighing in happiness. "I was so scared." Beads of tears rested at the corner of his eyes.

"Are you okay, Imari-kun?" Yuzuki asked, kneeling at the edge of the bed.

"Yes." Imari stood next to his kettle. "I was trying to see if there was a good way for you to escape from the castle, but the Oda Army's defenses are perfect." He crossed his arms in thought. "So I was thinking about various options while I was searching through the castle..."

"Okay." Yuzuki nodded.

Imari looked up at Yuzuki. "Just as I was thinking we should make a big tea kettle for you to hide in..." He wrapped one paw into a fist and planted it at his open paw before hanging his head down. "... I wagged my tail, and it made a noise, and that vampire found me..."

"A big tea kettle?!" Yuzuki questioned, surprised.

"Yes! You can hide in a tea kettle, like I do, and run away! Well? Don't you think it's a good idea?" Imari grinned from ear to ear.

But Yuzuki gave him a sheepish smile. "That's a little... difficult, don't you think?"

"You think so?" Imari closed his eyes, thinking hard again. "Well, I wonder if there's another way... Let's see..."

Yuzuki smiled at her friend's efforts. "Imari-kun, thank you, but..." Her smile fell, remembering Nobunaga and Mitsuhide's words.

Flashback:

"We will kill you if you try to run. Understood?" Nobunaga's stare was cold and heartless.

◇◇◇◇◇

"Nobunaga-sama tolerates those who are obedient. Nothing bad will happen to you so long as you obey him." Mitsuhide said.

Flashback ended:

"I'm sure I'd be in big trouble if Nobunaga-san found out." Yuzuki said.

"Don't worry! I'll think of a much better idea next." Imari said.

Yuzuki blinked, confused, yet curious before smiling in appreciation.

"That's it! What do you think of a body double plan?" Imari asked. He pulled his hat off, throwing it like a frisbee. Then he magically dressed like Yuzuki with a wig, similar colour and hairstyle.

"I'll dress up like you-"

"Excuse me." A voice cut Imari off.

Yuzuki immediately looked at the door whereas Imari panicked, jumping right into his tea kettle.

The door slided open, revealing Mitsuhide.

"I am sorry to disturb you." He said.

"It's fine." Yuzuki said.

"Nobunaga-sama is calling you."

"Huh?"

Mitsuhide's eye narrowed gently before telling her to come.

Yuzuki got up and left her room, following the vampire. They walked down the halls, the only light shining was blue and was shining through the windows.

"I take it you heard about the yakuma from Nobunaga-sama?" Mitsuhide asked, breaking the silence. He already heard about Runa knowing about it long before Nobunaga, revealing the truth before he could. Mitsuhide himself was surprised when he learned the girl had that knowledge. He wondered if she knew more than she was letting on.

"Yes." Yuzuki answered sadly, her hands clapped in front of her as they walk.

"There is no need to blame yourself." Mitsuhide told her.

"But... it's my fault the castle town was attacked, isn't it?" Yuzuki questioned.

"Nobunaga-sama has been planning to subdue the yakuma on a large scale for some time. However, it was unclear where the yakuma were coming from." Mitsuhide explained. "Thanks to you, we might be able to find their place of origin." He smiled slightly.

Even so, Yuzuki didn't like the idea of being used as bait, but she can't protest since she's powerless against the Gegga Tribes. Her only thought was how Runa was going to be of use to them. She could only think of her powers were the only thing that could be of use.

Soon, they stopped in front of Nobunaga's door.

"Nobunaga-sama, I have brought Yuzuki-san." Mitsuhide announced.

"Enter." Nobunaga's voice muffled through the door.

Mitsuhide slided the door to the side, and gestured for Yuzuki to walk in.

And she did just that. "Excuse me..." Yuzuki said. "Um..."

Nobunaga was looking intently down at the map and other scrolls before him.

Yuzuki then looked to her right to notice the three futon mats, one on the far left was already occupied by Runa, who had a cold, wet cloth on her forehead, and she doesn't look so good, but she doesn't look so bad either. Her cheeks weren't as red as before but her complexion was still really pale, paler since she looked more vampire than human. And it sounded like she's already fast asleep due to her blindfold was blocking her eyes, but her expression was relaxed.

"Um, are those...?" Yuzuki trailed off, hoping it wasn't what she's thinking.

"Oh? So you're not quite as dense as you seem." Nobunaga commented, his eyes were glued to the map. "You and her will be sleeping here for today."

"You can't be serious!" Yuzuki stammered.

"With the yakuma appearing so frequently, it is safest for you and her to be by Nobunaga-sama's side for now." Mitsuhide explained. "I will now take my leave." He shut the door closed.

"Safest?" Yuzuki questioned. To her, it didn't sound reassuring.

Nobunaga stood from his desk and turned around, walking straight to Yuzuki, who shyly turned her head to the side. He leaned down and she tensed, feeling really uncomfortable.

Yuzuki closed her eyes as Nobunaga blew out a candle, that she had no idea was behind her, and he walked away.

"Go to sleep." Nobunaga said. "We have an early day tomorrow."

The two changed into a simple kimono and went straight to bed. Well, Yuzuki was having trouble falling asleep. She had never shared a room with a guy before, and just thinking about it made her slightly anxious. She glanced at Nobunaga, noticing his peaceful, yet blank expression. Yuzuki felt herself blushing. She gripped her blanket tightly and pulled the covers over her face, before turning to face the opposite direction.

Unknown to Yuzuki, Nobunaga's eyes opened, clearly aware of her movements. He glanced to his left, seeing the blanket covering Yuzuki's body and face. He then glanced to his right, seeing the raven-haired beauty still sleeping peacefully before he did the same.

◇◇◇◇◇

2 hours later...

*CLICK!*

The same cloaked figure came out of the wall and turned to the inner room to see the three were sleeping peacefully.

"So it worked..." They said, smirking in amusement. 'The spell that frozed the flow of time...'

"Wow, I can't believed it worked!"

The figure turned around to see a white bunny with pink bangs and blue eyes. It wears two carrot-shaped hair decorations and had orange wings on its back.

The figure immediately shushed the creature. "Shh! You're going to wake Hime-chan up, Milly!" She whispered/growled.

Milly immediately covered her mouth with her paws. "Sorry! I mean... Sorry." She lowered her voice.

The figure looked at the trio and noticed that the raven-haired beauty's cloth was dry. They walked over to her and sat beside her. They grabbed the cloth, dumped it in the basin beside the futon mat, squeezed the access water out until it was damp and draped it over Runa's forehead.

Runa's body shifted at the sudden chill, but relaxed.

"She doesn't look so good." Milly held a worried expression, seeing how red the girl's cheeks were.

"We have to find it." The figure stated, standing up. They turned to the flying bunny. "And fast."

Milly's expression turned serious and nodded.

The two splitted up and began rummaging around Nobunaga's room, pulling drawers open and looked through any books or documents before placing them back the way they found them.

The figure opened up a cupboard on the opposite side of Nobunaga's room, snooping inside. They looked through the items and saw something interesting.

"You have got to be kidding me..." The figure grabbed the interesting object and replaced it with a replica they already had on hand.

"Wow, Nobunaga really likes to keep the most important documents and scrolls inside his room." Milly commented quietly, seeing all the important paperwork in the drawer she's looking.

"It happens to be one of the smartest, yet the dumbest ideas to keep information like these." The figure mentioned, flipping through a book, but also checking if Runa was still fast asleep.

They continued to search the room with a fine tooth comb for the next 10-15 minutes, and when they found what they were looking for, the two placed everything back in its place. They made sure nothing was out of place before making a quick exit into the castle hallways as time began to move again.

◇◇◇◇◇

The next morning...

They went through caves, lakes, anything they thought could be the nest. At each stop, the vampires made Yuzuki go with them to make sure it was the nest as Runa would casually follow them. She would tell them there were no yakuma in the area they're in because she doesn't sense them.

But of course, Nobunaga would ignore her.

Runa thought he doesn't believe her but at least she could get a good look at the layout of his territory. Now they're in the middle of a forest, small sunlight peeked through the trees, so Runa doesn't feel as sick as before.

"This isn't it, either." Nobunaga observed the forest they're in with Yuzuki struggling to keep up.

"No... yakuma... here..." Runa stated. "Just like... the others..."

"Shall we head for the southern road next, then?" Ranmaru suggested. He already knew Runa was telling the truth the whole time, but he kept quiet on his opinion.

"Where the hell are the yakuma hiding?!" Katsuie ranted, rubbing the back of his head. "Are they scared of me?"

"No... Not scared... of you..." Runa said out flat.

"That's right." Ranmaru agreed. "They are afraid of Nobunaga-sama, not you, Katsuie-san."

"Let's go." Nobunaga urged on.

Yuzuki took deep breaths, gasping for air before walking to keep up with Nobunaga. She was wondering how Runa managed to keep up with the vampires so easily, since she looked like she's still sick. But she was breathing normally and keeping up with them like she never walked in the first place.

Runa's grip on Ranmaru's hand tightened when she felt multiple presence. She turned around just as the bushes rustled.

The vampires prepared for what was going to come out whereas Yuzuki just tensed out of fright, and Runa... she just kept staring at the bushes.

"Oh? Is this it?" Katsuie smirked.

However, the movements sounded cautious to Runa, if it is the yakuma, they would've made more noise. 'Humans...' She thought with disdain, multiple stench reached her nose, which made her feel more nauseous than ever.

"No, it's not..." Nobunaga denied, staying calm.

Then a group of villagers walked out, holding butcher knives, pickaxes and spears.

"We found Nobunaga!" A villager called out.

And on cue, more villagers started to come towards them.

"How dare you do that to our village!" One of them shouted. "It's all your fault our village was destroyed!"

'Oh, they're talking about the village that got burned to ashes.' Runa's face held no emotion, as usual.

Yuzuki's eyes widened. She was so scared, yet confused on what's going on. She wondered why the villagers are so mad at Nobunaga.

"What a worthless interruption. Move." Just like Runa, Nobunaga's face held no emotion but his usual stoic expression.

'So Nobunaga does not have a good relationship with his town... I can see why...' Runa released Ranmaru's hand and watched the scene play out.

One of the men took charge, raising his weapon to strike Nobunaga with a battle cry.

Runa watched Katsuie come to Nobunaga's defense. Then she caught a glimpse of something interesting. She hummed under her breath.

"You're bothering Nobunaga-sama. Get lost!" Katsuie shouted.

Yuzuki gasped in disbelief and horror, bringing her hand to her mouth. She thought the man Katsuie struck was dead.

Then the other villagers started to attack, but Katsuie and Ranmaru dealt with them.

"Let's go." Nobunaga ordered.

Yuzuki turned her attention to the commander.

"Don't dawdle." Nobunaga began to walk, leaving Katsuie and Ranmaru to deal with the villagers.

Yuzuki ran to Nobunaga, walking behind him. "Why are you doing this?" She asked.

"They are blocking the path. I won't show mercy to anyone who blocks my path." Nobunaga coldly answered.

"No matter how much you want to destroy the yakuma, taking a life is terrible." Yuzuki looked back at the scene and saw Runa wasn't following. She just stood there, watching.

Nobunaga just stayed silent.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the same time...

Runa watched Nobunaga and Yuzuki leaving the area, and then felt a presence behind her. She looked over her shoulder and saw a villager behind her.

The villager grabbed Runa roughly by the arm, yanking her towards him. He gripped her left arm hard has he placed his butcher knife near her neck, the sharp ends right on her skin.

"All of you stop if you want her to live!" He shouted.

Katsuie and Ranmaru looked towards Runa's direction. They looked concern at the situation, while Runa was infuriated that a human was touching her. Her anger got the better of her as her thorns appeared above everyone. The thorns launched themselves at the villagers and pinned very one of them to the trees around them.

"Enough." Runa's voiced was distorted, like she wasn't the only one talking. Her aura changed completely. It's as if Runa became an entirely different person.

Every villager cowered in fear from the aura 'Runa' was reeking. 

Even Katsuie and Ranmaru had to admit they felt a bit scared.

A black mystic haze with purple highlights surrounded the raven-haired beauty, reeking a warlord's aura. More frightening than Nobunaga's.

"Your actions proves you are angry." 'Runa' emotionlessly stated.

A chill went down everyone's spine everytime 'Runa' talked. Is this the real Runa? Or... is this Runa before them. If not... Who?

"Ru... na...?" Katsuie couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Ranmaru was getting more anxious as his fear kept rising each time he saw 'Runa' slowly making her way towards the petrified villagers. Vivid memories flashed before his eyes to the point Ranmaru had to look away.

The villagers got more terrified when 'Runa' slowly approached them. They tried moving away but remembered they were pinned to the trees by her deadly thorns.

"S-Stay away!" One of them yelled at her.

"Calm down, Runa-san!" Ranmaru told her, finally taking action. He knew she was going to kill the villagers if he doesn't do something. "Control your emotions!"

'Runa' stopped five feet away from the villagers, but still held that overwhelming warlord aura around her. She turned and looked back towards the vampires, her expression still blank as ever. "How do I do that?" She asked blankly.

Ranmaru looked at the girl in concern. "Like... I'm sure... you always do..." He chose his words carefully, it's bad enough her fever was getting the better of her. But it's more terrifying that the person before him isn't the Runa the Oda Army know.

"How do I suppress my anger, against someone who threatened to kill me?" 'Runa' turned her attention back at the villagers.

"S-Stay away!" One of them shouted, kicking his legs.

"Wha-What is she?" Another yelled.

"You tried to kill a person..." 'Runa' started, approaching them with slow steps. "Naturally, all of you should be prepared to be killed yourself, too, shouldn't you?" She questioned, staring deep into their souls through 'her' blindfold.

"M-M-Monster!" A villager cried out.

"She's a monster!" Another screamed.

A ghost of a smile made its way to 'Runa's' lips, enjoying the terrified expressions the villagers were making. Soon, the black/purple haze around 'Runa' faded away as she removed 'her' thorns from them and pointed each needle to their necks.

"Thorns..." She ordered.

The thorns moved back, aiming at the petrified villagers, who were running away.

"Eliminate..."

"Don't do it, Runa-san!" Ranmaru and Katsuie got in the thorns' way, that stopped just inches away from puncturing their bodies.

"Move." 'Runa' ordered with authority.

"Like hell we will!" Katsuie yelled. "Snap out of it!"

But 'Runa' merely made 'her' thorns attack them mercilessly. "I won't hesitate to do the same to you." She said emotionlessly.

The two vassals dodged or attack the thorns. They were having trouble with the speed and constant, random directions of the thorns. It looked like 'Runa' was attacking them from random directions.

Thorns surrounded the user, who was standing motionlessly as the thorns gathered into a snake and attacked the vampires.

But the two dodged just in time and watched snake of thorns devour some trees, that were behind them.

(Imagine the thorns destroyed the trees.)

"Whoa!" Katsuie ducked when some more aimed for his head. "She's gone nuts!"

Ranmaru jumped to dodge another incoming attack, before using his sword to deflect some that were coming from above. He looked back at the raven-haired beauty and saw her panting.

Ranmaru's eyes widened. 'She needs to stop!' He ran straight towards her.

'Runa' noticed the vampire and used the thorns to attack, but Ranmaru disappeared from her view.

Ranmaru ran around the cyclone of thorns, sneaking up on 'Runa' from behind, surprising her.

"You are a formidable opponent." Ranmaru praised. "But that doesn't mean you can easily win every time with your ability." He changed his grip on his sword, holding the hilt of the sword so it was pointing at 'Runa' instead. He used some force and let the hilt dig into Runa's lower rib.

Ranmaru waited for at least 5 seconds before removing his sword away from 'Runa'. As he did, 'Runa' fainted right on the spot.

The thorns around them flew up like a snake and shattered into thousand shards.

Ranmaru exhaled heavily as he sheathed his sword. "Let's get back to Nobunaga-sama and Yuzuki-san." He said to the redheaded vampire.

"Right." Katsuie hoisted the unconscious girl in his arms and the two began walking in the direction their commander went. "By the way, good job."

"Thank you." Ranmaru said.

"But how do you know to avoid the thorns to get to her?"

"..." Ranmaru looked down, his bangs shadowing his eyes. "Her attacks were random." He said. "If I hadn't done something, she was going to kill the villagers."

"You're right." Katsuie looked down at the sleeping girl in his arms. "But, man, she was scary."

"Yes..."

Silence took over them. The two didn't say anything but started to run to the edge of the forest, where they had left the horses. It wasn't long until they saw Nobunaga and Yuzuki waiting for them.

"Nobunaga-sama!" Ranmaru called out, running faster with Katsuie right next to him.

Nobunaga and Yuzuki turned around, watching the two vampires running towards them.

"Katsuie-san! Ranmaru-kun!" Yuzuki exclaimed, relieved. Then she noticed the sleeping beauty in Katsuie's arms. "Runa-san?!"

"What happened?" Nobunaga demanded, his eyes staring at the unconscious girl.

"Runa took care of those guys by using her powers to scare them away." Katsuie informed. "But she was surrounded by this black-purplish haze that scared the hell out of the villagers."

"Really?" Yuzuki's eyes widened.

"And it gets weirder." Katsuie told her. "She just started attacking us out of nowhere!"

"The villagers must have scared her! One of them threatened to kill her, after all!" Ranmaru argued. "But you should also remember that she's running a heavy fever, as well."

Nobunaga's eyes never left Runa's figure. But what his vassals said intrigued him...

◇◇◇◇◇

At Toyotomi territory...

The moon and stars shined brightly over the castle town. Some of the buildings were mostly finished, everyone was working hard late at night to get their homes fixed.

On one of the finished buildings stood Hideyoshi, who was standing on the roof, looking down at the development was going smoothly. He smiled in satisfaction at everyone's progress.

"Hideyoshi-sama."

Hideyoshi looked down to his left to see Mitsunari looking up at him.

"Yukimura-sama is leaving." Mitsunari informed.

Hideyoshi jumped down from the roof and they walked to the edge of the town to see the Sanada Army off. They already have their horses ready, along with a wagon full of supplies.

Hideyoshi walked up to the Sanada commander. "Yukimura, I really owe you one." He said.

"I honestly wanted to see the town's restoration through to the end." Yukimura admitted.

"A supreme commander can't leave his castle open forever." Hideyoshi joked. "You've done enough." He placed a hand on Yukimura's shoulder. "I'll definitely return the favour one day."

Yukimura laughed lightly. "I'll be looking forward to it."

"Yukimura-sama." Mitsunari called out, standing next to the supplies.

Yukimura turned to the straight-laced vampire.

"The preparations are complete."

Yukimura smiled before it disappeared when he turned to Hideyoshi with a serious look. "By the way, once reconstruction is finished, what are you going to do?" He asked, the one question everyone wanted to know.

The words got stuck in Hideyoshi's throat. He glanced at the town, but didn't say a word.

"Let me know when you need help." Yukimura said.

Hideyoshi smirked in appreciation.

◇◇◇◇◇

At Oda Castle...

Runa sat by the lake, calmly taking slow breaths with her milky feet dipped into the cool water. She laid back. Every vision of the Oda Army, methods, every wonder was out of her brain. She just relaxed, relishing the warmth of the dying sunset and the coolness of the small ripples in the water.

She remembered regaining consciousness when she and the others were making their way back to the castle. Her head was spinning and the memory of the event in the forest was fuzzy. That's when Ranmaru secretly explained what happened and Runa wasn't bothered by it. She's just upset that she couldn't remember the horrified expressions the villagers made, when they were afraid of 'her'.

(Play video.)

Ringo wa ukanda osora ni... (The apple floated in the sky...)

Ringo wa okkochita jibeta ni... (The apple dropped to the ground...)

Runa's voice was a soft sensation, each word came out as if they're delicate.

Hoshi ga umarete uta ga umarete (The stars are born, and the songs are born)

Ruru ameru wa waratta tokoshie to ( The Lulu Amelu smiled for eternity)

Hoshi ga kisu shite uta ga nemutte (The stars kiss the songs to sleep)

Kaeru toko wa doko deshō...? (Where will they call home...?)

Ringo wa okkochita jibeta ni... (The apple dropped to the ground...)

Ringo wa ukanda osora ni... (The apple floated in the sky...)

Even with the mysterious meanings of the words, Runa somehow made it so clear. Her body rested peacefully, nothing disturbing her. 'This is nice...' Runa thought. 'No vampires. No werewolves. No yakuma. No enemy. Just me... Just me...' But her moment of peace only lasted for a few minutes when she heard footsteps, and the scent of lilac filled the air. She opened her eyes under her blindfold to see Ranmaru kneeling over her, his hand extending out an offering.

"Here you go." He said.

"..." Runa stared at the dried persimmon with curiosity. "But... I..."

"I made sure you can eat it." Ranmaru gave her a knowing smile.

That's when Runa saw the bandage on his finger and a certain scent was coming off the fruit. 'Dummy...' She blushed lightly to herself before taking the fruit. "T-Thank you..."

While Ranmaru sat down beside her, Runa pulled her feet out of the water, shuffling back. She put her feet onto the grass, ignoring the dirt before biting down into the food.

"How is it?" Ranmaru asked.

"Good..." Runa looked over with a cute look. "Eat without... being sick... is nice..." She added.

"I'm glad." Ranmaru smiled. "I made the dried persimmons in the backyard. They're Nobunaga-sama's favourite."

"..." Runa stared blankly at the fruit.

Ranmaru blinked in wonder before looking away with a sad expression. "Please don't think badly of Nobunaga-sama." He stared out into the lake. "He has a noble objective."

"Eliminating the yakuma... from Shinga...?" Runa asked, taking another bite out of the fruit.

"That's just part of the process. His real goal is what comes after that."

Flashback:

Ranmaru kneeled before Nobunaga, who was standing outside on the balcony with the moon shining down at him.

"I have only one goal for the future: unification." Nobunaga turned to face the young vassal with his left hand up. "The world is already virtually within my grasp." He clenched his palm into a fist as if he was grabbing something.

Flashback ended:

"Unification...?" Runa finished off her fruit, chowing down on it quickly. Then her feet were back in the water.

"Many warlords wish to conserve their territory and win against other hostile warlords, but Nobunaga-sama is different." Ranmaru explained.

Runa looked up at the dull colours of the the sky turned darker by the second, the stars coming to life in the dark sky. She layed down on the grass, staring up at the sparkling stars.

"By unifying the world, he is trying to bring peace to all of Shinga. He is looking at the future a few steps ahead of the other warlords."

Runa's eyes relaxed at the twinkling stars. "If what... you say... is true... Why were... the villagers... so hostile...? And why... would he... mercilessly... harm them...?"

"You're misunderstanding things." A familiar voice said.

The duo turned around at the new arrival of the redheaded vampire.

"I'm... not..." Runa patted the ground beside her.

Katsuie walked over and plopped down.

"I know... you didn't... kill them... Neither did... I... Not... blind..." Runa pulled her feet out of the water and curled herself into a ball.

Ranmaru grabbed her legs and hauled them onto his lap, making Runa lay her head on the redhead's lap. He pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped the dirt off of Runa's feet.

"Nobunaga-sama wouldn't just take someone's life for no reason. Well..." Katsuie's fingers ran through Runa's soft hair. "... he's not the type to explain that, so it's easy to misunderstand him."

Runa nodded in agreement as a certain memory suddenly came to mind.

"Indeed." Ranmaru agreed.

Runa looked over to the personal fanboy. His hands were working wonders for her feet. She leaned her head back onto Katsuie's lap, relaxing her body slightly.

"Much of the animosity against him is born from misunderstanding." Ranmaru said.

"Even so... he should... try to... fix it..." Even as she practically tried to explain in full sentence, Runa's voice was full of grace. "A s-s-supreme commander... who does not... hold a... good relationship... with his people... is bound... to fall..."

The two looked down at her in shock.

"You grew up in an army, didn't you?" Ranmaru asked.

"Not... really..." Runa mumbled. "Papa would... ask me to... command... an army... for a friend... sometimes... They want... to test... my... intelligence... Predicting the enemy's... next move... plotting... and taking control... of the war..." She explained. "I stayed... in charge... until the real... supreme commander... takes over... again..."

"What happened?" Katsuie stopped his motions. He was top curious to tell Runa that she's been summoned by his warlord.

Runa turned her head to the side, facing the lake with her empty gaze. "Where I'm from... humans and Gegga Tribes... don't get along... The commander... took action... and hid his army... in a place... they'll never... be disturbed... The commander... doesn't want... anything to do... with humans..." A look of anger and disgust made its way onto Runa's face.

"How long was that for?" Katsuie asked.

"It's a story... that's been past down... for generations... And it happened... 2 million years... ago..."

"2 million years ago?!" The two exclaimed in disbelief.

Runa winced at the volume.

The two noticed her discomfort and lowered their voices. When they look at her, they could only see a fragile girl, who looked broken, empty, emotionless. However, even if it was for a second, they thought they spot some sadness on her face.

Runa sat up, halting their movements. "You can tell... your commander about... all of this..." She said. "After all... violence and... forcing people... to answer questions... as... taking a life... isn't a way... to bring peace..." She grabbed her flats and put them on. "I should go..." She told the two flabbergasted vampires. "Nobunaga... must be... asking for... me..."

Runa stood up and walked away, heading straight to Nobunaga's room. While she walked down the halls, she spotted Yuzuki walking, heading to the same direction. But Runa spotted the girl had an expression that literally said 'How can he take a life so easily if he seeks peace?'

"Hypocrite..." Runa commented, scaring Yuzuki half to death.

"Runa-san?!" She exclaimed. Her face looked like she had seen a ghost.

"Still thinking... on what... happened... in the... forest...?" Runa asked with a stoic expression, keeping her gaze at the distant halls.

Yuzuki looked down with a troubled look. "Yes..."

"You're... misunderstanding things..."

"Huh?" Yuzuki looked at the girl in confusion. "Um... what am I misunderstanding?"

"Villagers... not... dead..." Runa bluntly replied.

"Huh?!" Yuzuki thought she had just misheard the raven-haired beauty.

"Katsuie and Ranmaru... used their flat side... of their sword... The flat..." Runa decided to give the two vampires all the credit. Just because she's talking to Yuzuki doesn't mean they're friends. No. She doesn't want to be friends with people like Yuzuki. Her pride won't let it. "Never judge someone... just because... of their... actions... Or what... people say... about them... Know that person... before you... judge them..."

Yuzuki listened carefully. Even though the young girl didn't particularly likes her, what she said is true; she did misunderstood Nobunaga because she doesn't know him - and Runa saw it coming.

Silence took over them. They made it to Nobunaga's room and Yuzuki slided the door open.

"We're back." She informed, walking inside.

Runa didn't say anything, she was too tired and walked over to her futon, changing into her kimono and went straight under the covers.

Nobunaga's eyes narrowed. Something was wrong with Runa. She wasn't her usual optimistic-ish, childish self, and she doesn't look any better either. Nobunaga stood up, leaving his map at his desk and walked over to his closet.

While Nobunaga changed, Yuzuki did the same, putting on her plain, white kimono. After she was done, she tucked herself under her blanket.

Runa turned on her side, letting her back face Yuzuki.

Nobunaga finished changing into his kimono and got in his futon, falling asleep almost instantly.

The moonlight lit the room as Yuzuki stared at the sleeping vampire beside her. Then she looked at the ceiling. "You know... I'm sorry about earlier." She said suddenly, knowing Nobunaga was probably asleep and that she's talking to herself. "I misunderstood... and said some horrible things... I'll help, too."

Nobunaga's eyes opened and he glanced at the now sleeping brown-haired girl. He stared at her for a bit before closing his eyes with a smirk.

◇◇◇◇◇

Early in the morning...

The moon was still up, giving the sky its dark colour for a few more hours before the light takes over. The moonlight shined the room, giving it a calming and quiet atmosphere until Nobunaga heard someone crying beside him. He opened his eyes and glanced to his right to see Runa sweating and crying, taking short, quick breaths. Her hands were gripping the blanket tightly to the point her knuckles turned more white than ever. There was also the black/purple haze, that Katsuie mentioned, surrounding her as if its oozing out of her. Is she losing control of her powers?

Nobunaga sat up and shook Runa's shoulders a bit, trying to wake her up, but no vail. So, he shook her shoulders a bit harder. "Wake up, Runa." He said.

Runa's body shot up and immediately looked around in fright. When her eyes landed on Nobunaga, she immediately backed away, feared he might hurt her.

He may not show it, but Nobunaga was shocked at the girl's actions. He never saw this side of her. Is something wrong with her? The girl in front of him seemed to be crumbling. The silent, emotionless girl that had not once been sad or showed any fear during her stay here, has fallen.

Nobunaga couldn't help but get the feeling Runa was hiding something. Something big. And now the girl in front of him was having a panic attack of some sort. She was also mumbling something, but the shortness of her breathing was making it next to impossible for Nobunaga to decipher her words.

Runa was hugging herself tightly, tears falling down from her black blindfold.

Nobunaga's expression softened. He gently pulled Runa towards him, gently stroking her black, silky hair. "Don't cry, my child." He said.

Runa's body stopped shaking and her breathing began to steady, slowly taking deep breaths. Her river tears stopped, leaving her red cheeks stained in salty liquid. Her body relaxed when she breathed in Nobunaga's anemone scent.

"H... Huh?" Runa slowly looked up at the vampire. Her chest hurts, but did her best to not show it. She was glad Yuzuki was in a deep sleep to be awake through this.

"What did you dream about?" Nobunaga asked. He could clearly see whatever she dreamt about had frightened her. Badly.

Runa looked away, avoiding eye contact. "Nothing..." She mumbled, but she knew Nobunaga could hear her, and was just brushing it under the rug.

"It can't be nothing. You were crying and shaking pretty hard."

"Old... night... mare..." Runa passed out in Nobunaga's arms.

A nightmare? What nightmare was she dreaming that freaked her out so much? Was it an old memory? Was it her powers doing? These questions were running through Nobunaga's mind. But he'll think of them later. He laid back down, allowing the child to rest on top of him.

◇◇◇◇◇

A few hours later...

Runa woke up with a hiss when the burning light hit her face. Her vision blurred with drowsiness, sitting up as she yawned. 

"Good morning, Runa-san."

Runa turned her head to see Yuzuki, who was doing up her pink-yellow sweater.

"Nobunaga-san wanted me to tell you to get change the moment you woke up." Yuzuki informed. "We're going to look for the yakuma nest again."

Runa didn't say anything, merely grabbing her clothes. She watched Yuzuki leaving the room before she changed into her frilly dress. She sensed Nobunaga was getting on his horse, Ranmaru and Katsuie were at the bridge, waiting for them and Yuzuki making her way over to them.

While Runa put on her flats, the event of last night came to mind. She was glad she passed out before Nobunaga could press her about her nightmare. She may have won the round but she didn't win the war. Nobunaga was getting more suspicious of her now.

Runa sighed in exhaustion, slipping her weapons under her clothes and dragged her feet to the bridge. When she walked out the door, she noticed the trio in the same spot like yesterday.

"Yo!" Katsuie casually greeted.

Runa gave the vampire a weak wave before making her way over to the younger one.

"Are you alright, Runa-san?" Ranmaru asked. He noticed she doesn't look so good and she was shaking, too.

"Fire... blood... murderer... nightmare..." Runa whispered.

It was enough for Ranmaru to know what she was talking about. He patted her back in comfort, and Runa leaned her head on his shoulder in return.

"Let's go." Nobunaga appeared beside them, already on his horse with his face neutral as ever. He looked down at Yuzuki. "Get on." He ordered.

Yuzuki got on the horse, sitting in front of him again.

The others got on their horses as well. Instead of going with Katsuie, Runa rode with Ranmaru. She didn't feel like she could cope with his energy personality at the moment.

Then the horses took off.

◇◇◇◇◇

The girls followed the vampires around just like before, only this time, Yuzuki held the map in her hands. And like last time, they passed rivers, ponds, caves, and fields. Each time they stopped, Nobunaga crossed off the sections on the map that does not contain anything out of place.

Runa didn't sense any bloodlust at any of the places either. It wasn't until they set foot in a forest that had a twist in its hue.

Yuzuki was taking short breaths, the fatigue getting to her, but she didn't stop, she was determined to help and wasn't planning on dragging Nobunaga down.

Runa, on the other hand, she had to be dragged by Ranmaru, her body was getting weaker and all of her needed medications was in her bag. But that didn't stop her from observing the forest around them; it was strange - instead of seeing the normal black and grey forest, which she knew it was suppose to be in many shades of green, it was all red and bland, and no daylight could be seen. She knew she was seeing Astral Energy. And a whole lot of it.

They stopped and Nobunaga crossed off the forest on the map.

"So this isn't it, either?" Ranmaru wondered as Yuzuki rolled the map up.

"Damn it, where have the yakuma gone?" Katsuie griped.

"This map is based on information gathered from eyewitnesses. They might be somewhere we don't know about."

"Guess there's no choice." Katsuie turned to face the group. "We're gonna have to start gathering information from scratch again." He sighed heavily.

"We cannot be so easygoing." Ranmaru argued. "They may attack the castle next."

"They're... close..." Runa stated.

The whole area reeked with disaster, chaos, greed, and bloodlust. Runa's face was showing pure fear. She could sense them all, their disgusting aura that reeked of bloodlust and desire for power. In her condition, it was overpowering.

The vampires noticed her fear and stepped closer to her.

Yuzuki felt a bit uneasy and did the same.

Nobunaga stayed by their sides as the other two looked around. They searched every nook and cranny. They searched around for a bit but still, they couldn't find anything.

"Are you sure?" Ranmaru asked.

Runa nodded.

"Excuse me." Yuzuki spoke up.

"What is it?" Ranmaru asked.

"My blood... Please use my blood."

The vassals looked at her in surprise.

Nobunaga had his usual stoic look as he stared down at Yuzuki.

Yuzuki looked down at herself with a serious expression. "If you use my blood, the yakuma might react to it."

"Hey!" Katsuie shouted.

"But..." Ranmaru protested.

"It could lessen the damage from the yakuma." Yuzuki added. She still had that serious look on her face, something rare to see since her time with them.

Nobunaga's expression didn't change. "Understood." He leaned down a bit and he pulled her frilly shirt down, exposing her collarbone more. "Close your eyes." He ordered.

Yuzuki closed her eyes tightly and waited for the pain as she felt Nobunaga's claw punctured her skin, just above her chest. She winced when his claw ran across her skin, drawing a thin line of blood.

The two vassals swallowed, restraining themselves from attempting to lick the blood that overpowered their senses.

Runa looked away, feeling the rush of nausea rampaging her stomach.

Nobunaga had a hard time restraining himself as well as he unconsciously leaned down. 'So this is the blood that has the same powers as the Himemiko?' He thought, his eyes full of desire.

The blood reeked power all over the area. Runa could sense the beings are being lured in towards them. When she glanced back at Nobunaga, he nearly licked the blood if it wasn't for the deafening roars that echoed all around them, interrupting him. His eyes shot up immediately, narrowed slightly.

Red eyes were everywhere.

"This is...!" Ranmaru gasped.

"Finally! I was tired of waiting!" Katsuie smirked, drawing out his swords.

The two vampires lunged at the monsters that came charging for Yuzuki.

"Nobunaga-sama, we've got this!" Katsuie yelled, slicing a yakuma in half with ease.

"Please leave it to us!" Ranmaru shouted, doing the same.

Nobunaga nodded and grabbed Yuzuki, holding her close to his chest as Runa followed. She ran with him, keeping up with his pace as more yakuma came out of the forest.

Nobunaga raised his sword every time a yakuma came close, killing them with no sense of fatigue. "Out of the way!" He shouted.

They ran passed the trees and Yuzuki gasped in fright. Nobunaga and Runa leaped into the air, with Yuzuki still being held by Nobunaga in one arm.

'Finally...' Runa looked around at the desert area around them. She could feel the bloodlust reeking all over the place, like she's being pulled here.

There were no trees in the area, but a dead valley along with rocky mountains. To think a place like this existed at the edge of the forest... Nobody never expected this.

Suddenly, from the sky, came bright purple lights, forming into many yakuma. But the yakuma looked entirely different; unlike the slim ones, these ones were a lot more muscular, and it had long silver hair. They also had razor-sharp purple/magenta claws. Their faces were more of a mask, you couldn't see their mouths.

They dropped to the ground, their red eyes immediately focused on the girls.

Yuzuki let out a shaky breath of fear, whereas Runa stared emotionlessly at the beast, unaffected by its appearance.

"That's..." Nobunaga grunted.

Katsuie and Ranmaru landed beside them and gasped at the best before them.

"What the hell is that?" Katsuie questioned.

It let out a roar, sending crashing winds in their direction.

Runa let out a short gasp, suddenly lost her ability to breathe. She started coughing violently, gasping for air.

Ranmaru rushed to her. He blocked the wind with his cape, protecting her from the yakuma's harsh whips.

When it finished its dramatic entrance, it lunged at them.

Nobunaga and his vassals charged at it at the same time, attacking simultaneously. It took three swipes of three swords to take it down.

Yuzuki's eyes widened in surprise. These yakuma are more powerful, stronger and faster.

They came charging with massive roars. It was obvious the three vampires were having a hard time.

'Being frail really have their downsides.' Runa thought out of the blue.

Yuzuki was staying close to Runa, worried for the vampires, who were struggling to fight the powered up yakuma.

Runa felt multiple dark presences above her and Yuzuki. She looked up and gasped slightly.

"Runa! Yuzuki!" Katsuie called out, his eyes widened when he saw a group of yakuma lunging at the girls.

"Kyaaa!" Yuzuki screamed, covering her head as she waited for the pain.

'Here goes...' 'Runa' quickly grabbed her purple twin edged blades, she kept hidden in her hair, and held them tightly. She waited for the beasts to get close before unleashing her blades into the air, displaying her skills.

The twin edged blades effortlessly sliced and diced the yakuma, that were surrounding 'Runa' and Yuzuki info many pieces.

(Imagine Runa doing that to the yakuma around her.)

The vassal and Yuzuki's eyes widened at the weapons in the air, while Nobunaga's eyes narrowed.

'She had weapons?' He thought. He wondered if she had any weapons, but couldn't find any in her bag. All he found were nothing but clothes, books in writings he couldn't decipher, and a big medical kit.

As the twin edged blades came swinging back at 'Runa', the girl caught them and swung them back at the yakuma with her hands and feet, having total control over her weapons' movements.

(Like this.)

*BA-DUMP!*

'Damn it...' 'Runa' cursed, feeling a rush of fatigue and pain coursing through 'her' body with every fast movement she made. 'If I can hold out just a little longer, I should be able to create a path for us to retreat.'

Even witht the pain, 'Runa' worked through it. It was hard, she admit, they managed to make a scratch here and there, but the scratches instantly healed, which caused more pain to spread all over 'her' body. But it's better if she had the pain instead of having the vampires distracted by the scent of 'her' blood.

But that thought went down the drain when one yakuma managed to grab 'her' arm, its claws plunged into 'her' skin, ripping its way to the other side of her arm.

'Runa' let out a painful scream. The pain rushed into 'her' body with pure agony. 'Her' dark-coloured blood dripped from her wound, sending the yakuma crazy.

"Runa-san!" Yuzuki cried out.

For the first time in what seemed like forever, Nobunaga felt fear. He tried to get to the girls but kept getting blocked by multiple yakuma.

Ranmaru and Katsuie had panic in their eyes as they tried to reach them.

'Runa' took multiple breaths, 'her' cheeks cooled by tears. She punctured 'her' arm into the monster's chest.

The yakuma roared out in pain as 'Runa' pushed 'her' arm further into it until it disappeared.

The twin edged blades came back to 'Runa' before 'her' legs gave out and she fell to the floor. Her aura changed back to normal as she clutched her wound as she took deep gasps for air, trying to stable her breathing before she passed out.

Yuzuki immediately went to the injured girl, panicking on what to do.

Runa felt her body being lifted up and looked up to see a worried Nobunaga held her to his chest, cradling her with one arm.

"Retreat!" Nobunaga ordered.

"You don't have to tell me twice!" Katsuie jumped out of the way.

They all rushed out of the valley, heading straight to their horses. They hopped on and wasted no time dashing back to the castle.

◇◇◇◇◇

At Oda Castle...

"Ow!" Katsuie yelled/hissed when Yuzuki put some ointment on his wounds.

Yuzuki shrieked with concern. "I-I'm sorry!"

"You're so pathetic, having such a hard time with the yakuma." Nagahide said, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "I would've destroyed them without a single injury."

"Like I said! These yakuma were different from the usual ones!" Katsuie retorted.

Nagahide smirked with a winning face. "Lame excuse." He sneered.

"Hah?" Katsuie turned around with a glare.

"Nagahide-san, that is enough." Ranmaru ordered. He stood up and went over to Runa, who was breathing rather quickly. He knelt down before her. "Can you remove the left side of your dress?" He asked.

Runa nodded. She took a deep breath and sat up straight, using her good hand to undo the button of her choker before pulling her left sleeve off. She whimpered in pain as the material scratched her wound.

Ranmaru helped her pull it off, knowing she would not want it to be damaged even more. 'I'll sew it up later.' He told himself, noticing the claw marks on it.

The vampires and Yuzuki gasped at the sight before them. Runa's right arm was badly wounded, swelling pretty badly. The claw marks were very deep, but the bleeding magically stopped, but the swelling spread up to her elbow, down to her wrist.

"Runa... san?" Yuzuki looked at the wound in horror.

"Just how deep did that yakuma claw you?" Katsuie asked with the same expression.

"N-N-Nearly... t-t-the... wh-whole... way..." Runa wheezed. 'I need it...' She took a deep breath. "Th-That yakuma... *Wheeze* w-was... *Wheeze* v-very... d-d-different..." She added, changing the subject.

Nagahide's eyes narrowed at how quick she's breathing. Is she having a panic track? "Different? How were they different?" He asked.

"Well..." Yuzuki spoke up and explained their encounter with the yakuma.

Runa hissed and her face showed slight pain on her face as Ranmaru wiped away the dried blood. 

It took everything the three vassals in the room to hold themselves back. The small pain on her face helped a lot. Her blood was so intoxicating, that Ranmaru and Katsuie had to admit it smelled sweeter than Yuzuki's.

Runa inhaled sharply before exhaling rather quickly, trying to ignore the pain. "N-Nagahide... c-can you... g-get m-my... b-bag...?" Her voice was shaking and hissed when she moved her arm slightly.

"Your bag?" Nagahide arched a brow.

"I-I... n-need... it..."

Nagahide nodded and walked off.

Ranmaru kneeled down before her again. "Don't." He knew what she was planning. Well, an idea at least.

Runa gently shook her head.

Ranmaru looked up in surprise.

"I... *Wheeze* have... *Wheeze* to..." Runa whispered. "Or else... *Wheeze* things... will... * Wheeze* get bad..." She used her good hand to grip her dress, that's near her heart.

Ranmaru felt a pang of pain and guilt.

Katsuie felt it too.

They couldn't protect her. She protected them. Shame filled them.

Yuzuki could relate. She blamed herself that Runa got hurt because of her.

"With... my.... bag... I... ca-" Runa cut herself off with a deep inhalation. She grasped her head with her good hand to stop her vision from spinning so much.

Ranmaru, Katsuie and Yuzuki looked at her in worry.

When Yuzuki finished bandaging Katsuie's wound, the vampire walked over to Runa. He picked her up gently, making sure her arm didn't move.

"Katsuie-san?" Yuzuki questioned, confused.

"What are you doing?" Ranmaru asked, confused also.

Katsuie didn't answer but sat down and put the raven-haired beauty on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her stomach, under her arm and sat his chin on her head.

Runa tensed at the sudden position, but relaxed, feeling some of the pain was blocked.

It remained like that; Katsuie drawing random patterns on her exposed skin, being careful not to touch the swelling edges near her elbow.

Ranmaru realised what the redhead was doing; he was trying to get Runa's mind off the pain. He walked over to her and knelt down before her again. "Runa-san." He said.

"Huh?" Runa said.

"That song you sang yesterday, it was really beautiful. Can we hear it?" Ranmaru asked.

Runa stared at him for a second. "Y-You know... the lyrics...?"

Ranmaru smiled. "If you sing it, they might come back to me."

Runa stared at him for a few seconds before giving in. "Fine..."

(Play video.)

Runa: Ringo wa ukanda osora ni... (The apple floated in the sky...)

Ranmaru closed his eyes.

Ranmaru: Ringo wa okkochita jibeta ni... (The apple dropped to the ground...)

Both: Hoshi ga umarete uta ga umarete (The stars are born, and the songs are born)

Both: Ruru ameru wa waratta tokoshie to (The Lulu Amelu smiled for eternity)

Nagahide came back inside and noticed the scene before him. And the song.

Both: Hoshi ga kisu shite uta ga nemutte (The stars kiss the songs to sleep)

Both: Kaeru toko wa doko deshō...? (Where will they call home...?)

Nagahide's eyes softened as he brought Runa her bag, softly dropping it on the table.

Runa: Ringo wa okkochita jibeta ni... (The apple dropped to the ground...)

Ranmaru: Ringo wa ukanda osora ni... (The apple floated in the sky...)

Runa turned to the vampire. "Thank you..." She turned back to her duet partner. "Ranmaru... please open... my bag... and bring out... the white box..." She requested.

Ranmaru obeyed and brought out her first aid kit. He placed it on the table before her and opened it up.

Yuzuki's eyes widened at the objects inside. They all look like the ones the doctors would use in her world.

Runa got off of Katsuie and looked back at him. He slipped off the chair and Runa sat back down, grabbing everything she needed to fix her wound.

Runa placed the tube, that's filled with red blood-like liquid into the barrel, that looked a lot like a gun, and checked to see everything was in place.

(Runa's point of view.)

Runa began taking short breaths again, the rush of looking at a medical tool making her think of holding a weapon itself made her nervous. She bit her lip and placed the point at the side of her neck.

"O-Oi! What are you doing?!" Katsuie stared at her in shock that Runa was pointing a 'gun' at herself.

"Healing...  *Deep breath* my wounds..." Runa pressed the trigger and the liquid was injected inside her body.

Runa dropped the empty bottle to the floor and hugged herself in a haste, feeling the liquid's effect. The deep claw marks on her arm began to close itself as Runa held back tears, feeling her body burning up from the sudden pain of her nerves regenerating. Her skin patched up but the pain didn't go away with it. Runa felt like her cheeks were on fire and everything was spinning.

*CLANG!*

"Runa!/Runa-san!" Everyone cried out when the girl collapsed to the floor.

Runa coughed a few times, letting her catch up to the rapid regeneration. "I- *Ragged breathing* I'm... *Cough!* fine..." She assured.

"Like hell you are!" Katsuie argued.

Ranmaru placed Runa back on the chair and saw her healed arm. "The wound is gone..." He stared at the milky arm with disbelief.

Runa took a deep breath and reached out to grab a bandage in her medical kit, but Nagahide snatched some before she could. She looked up at him in surprise.

"I'll do it." Nagahide wrapped it around her arm gently, covering it down to her wrist.

"T-Thank you..." Runa stared at him. Her right arm may be healed, but the pain isn't going away for at least a week or two. She sighed tiredly. "C-Can I... go to... bed now...?" She asked.

"I'll take you." Ranmaru offered.

Runa nodded.

Ranmaru helped the girl leave the room and walked down the hallway. As they walked Runa looked around at the stained glass windows, looking for a specific window to admire. Then out of nowhere, she stopped.

"What's wrong?" Ranmaru asked.

Runa turned to him. "Y-Your... room..."

Ranmaru was taken aback at the request, but when he felt how shaken Runa's shoulders were, he understood. "This way."

The vampire led her to his room instead and stopped at the door. "I'll wait out here so you can change." He said. "You can't miss the closet."

Runa nodded and went inside.

Ranmaru leaned against the wall next to his door and stared at the stained glass windows, that were shimmering against the moonlight.

Ringo wa ukanda osora ni... (The apple floated in the sky...)

Ringo wa okkochita jibeta ni... (The apple dropped to the ground...)

Ranmaru pulled something out from under his collar and opened it.

Hoshi ga umarete uta ga umarete (The stars are born, and the songs are born)

Ruru ameru wa waratta tokoshie to (The Lulu Amelu smiled for eternity)

Ranmaru's eyes softened at the picture inside the pendant as a smile made its way to his lips.

Hoshi ga kisu- (The stars kiss-)

"Ranmaru..." Runa's head peeked out of the door.

Ranmaru quickly tucked his pendant back inside his shirt and turned to the young girl. "Done?" He asked.

Runa nodded and slided the door more wider to let the vampire in.

Ranmaru walked in as Runa walked out.

"I'll... wait..." She said, pointing out to the halls.

"Okay. Don't wonder too far." Ranmaru told her.

Runa nodded and closed the door. She leaned her back against the wall and waited for a minute or two until Ranmaru invited her back in.

They both got in the bed and got comfortable. Ranmaru picked Runa up in his arms, holding her in his embrace. He held her delicately, making sure her arm was not pressured. He knew the wound was healed, but he doubt the pain didn't go away with it.

"Runa-chan..." Ranmaru whispered, running his fingers through her silky hair.

Runa looked up at him, her face looking really adorable at the moment, even with her blindfold on.

"I'm not sure if you heard me..." Ranmaru trailed off, a guilty look on his face. "But... I want to say... sorry for what happened back then..." He placed his hand on her left cheek, rubbing his thumb against her soft skin. "You know I didn't really mean to, do you...?" His bangs shadowing his eyes.

Runa's face softened as she leaned on his hand. "I know..." Her voice was gentle as ever, barely above a whisper. "I was - we were all... not in our right mind..." She used her good hand to gently move Ranmaru's bangs to the side, letting her see his eyes. "Even so... I kind of deserved it..." Runa sighed in contempt and rested her head on his chest, falling fast asleep in his embrace. "Even then... I still... love you..." She managed to say before falling asleep for real.

Ranmaru's eyes widened in surprise. Even what happened between them, she still forgave him. He still felt responsible, yet, relieved that Runa isn't mad at him. He knew he had to tell them about her condition, but in the meantime, he fell asleep against her, cradling her in his arms.

◇◇◇◇◇

Meanwhile...

Mitsuhide was in Nobunaga's room, discussing the new yakuma incident at their nest.

"Yakuma stronger and fiercer than the usual yakuma?" Mitsuhide wondered. He placed his finger under his chin. "This goes beyond anything we ever imagined." He stated. "Shinga might be starting to change."

Nobunaga opened his eyes. "At any rate, we must deal with them immediately."

◇◇◇◇◇

At Toyotomi territory...

In the same night, everyone in Toyotomi territory was celebrating. The town was fixed, looking good as new and the Toyotomi Army was riding on a parade float all over the town.

"Everyone! Here we go!" Hideyoshi shouted, throwing a bunch of mochi at the townspeople left and right.

"Hideyoshi-sama!" A little girl shouted, smiling and extending her hand into the air.

"Over here! Over here!" A little boy shouted, but hands raised high into the sky.

A few mochi headed their way and their mother caught them.

Hideyoshi continued to smile, throwing mochi at the crowd before him.

"The Toyotomi Army has completely revived!" Toshiie declared, holding a tray full of mochi like the others.

"At last." Mitsunari added.

"We weren't sure how things would turn out during the battle." Kanbee said.

"It's such a relief we finished reconstructing everything!" Hanbee cheered with a bright smile on his face.

"It's been a while since things have been this lively." Toshiie mentioned. "This is really great!"

Hideyoshi looked over his shoulders with a big grin on his face. "Enjoy yourselves to the fullest today!"

"Alright, let's throw some mochi, too." When Toshiie looked down at his tray, it was nearly empty.

"Huh?" Hanbee took a peak and saw there were like 7 mochi left. "A bunch of them are missing."

Toshiie looked to his right to see Toukichi munching on a mochi with a satisfied, yet smugged smile.

"It was you, Toukichi?!" Toshiie exclaimed, mad at the little monkey. Then he laughed. "I guess that means he's happy, too!"

"Don't choke." Kanbee said with a small smile.

When it finished its mochi, Toukichi turned to the raven-haired vampire and made a sound in response.

Hideyoshi threw a few more mochi with a happy smile. "There!"

After covering the whole town, the Toyotomi clan got off the float and joined the crowd. Everybody was enjoying themselves to the fullest that night. They all talked to each other and offering delicious food to one another.

A lot of them enjoying delicious sake, getting themselves drunk with the bar tenders.

And watching Toukichi doing various tricks.

The children applauded with the adults, laughing and smiling as they enjoy the show.

Kanbee watched from the back that he didn't notice Hanbee walking up to him.

"The rebuilding of the village and the army is finished." Hanbee stated. "Now, all that's left is Runa-chan and Yuzuki-chan."

"Our opponent is Oda Nobunaga." Kanbee reminded the vampire. "We must handle things carefully."

"I'm going to see Nobunaga." Hideyoshi mentioned, walking over to the two vampires with Toukichi on his shoulder.

"We will make preparations to leave immediately."

But Hideyoshi raised his hand up as if to cut Kanbee off with a smirk on his face. "No, I'm going alone." He revealed.

Kanbee and Hanbee were shock to hear it. To think their commander was going to another territory alone, they thought they misheard him.

◇◇◇◇◇

The next morning...

Hideyoshi got on his horse and immediately rode straight to the Oda castle, as the morning mist formed around the mountains.

"Just you wait..." A determined look never left Hideyoshi's face, thinking about how he's going to meet his number one enemy. "Nobunaga!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251 5 20
There are three rules we follow. Don't attract attention. Don't pick a fight you can't win. Never go near a pack. These rules keep us safe. We aren't...
325 106 46
~The story never end, ends~ -4gotten_girl ___________________________ She was alone with no where to call her own....she stumble...
257K 6.3K 34
A month has passed since (Y/n) started living with the Sakamaki brothers and her 'annoying' sister Yui. Things were peaceful for a while after the in...
75.2K 3.4K 45
Not all light is good Not all dark is evil. Hotaru Nakajima was not born to be soft. She was born to make the world shatter and shake at her fingert...