Sengoku Night Blood (Disconti...

By KanadeDivinia263

Set in the flourishing world of Shinga that was formerly a prosperous and peaceful realm, a girl named Runa b... More

Characters:
S1~01: Shinga Supremacy
S1~02: Toyotomi Attack
S1~03: Takeda Banquet
S1~04: Sanada Famigilia
S1~05: Wild Feeling
S1~06: Uesugi Discord
S1~08: Oda Plunder
S1~09: Yakuma Corridor
S1~10: Discord Terminus
S1~11: Terminal March
S1~12: Sengoku Night Blood
S2~01: Mouri Monitor
S2~02: Toyotomi Reflection
S2~03: Marriage Mayhem
S2~04: Blazing Passion
S2~05: Takeda Tranquility
S2~06: Trombe Trouble
S2~07: Sanada Beauty
S2~08: Kidnapped Princess
S2~09: Ominous Developments
S2~10: Monochromatic Night
S2~11: Discord Melody
S2~12: Uesugi Harmony
S2~13: Fallen Tears
S2~14: Date Stoneheart
S2~15: Everlasting Paradox
S2~16: Destiny Guilty
S2~17: Wishful Dreams
S2~18: Oda Creation
S2~19: Destiny Ark
S2~20: Striking Spear
S2~21: Star Becomes Music
S3~01: Awakening Heartbeat
S3~02: Noise Night
S3~03: Disorted Mirror
S3~04: Imprisonment Scythe
S3~05: Infinite Bow
S3~06: The Lost, Lost Little
S3~07: Annihilation Sawblades
S3~08: Divine Blade
S3~09: Silver Dragon

S1~07: Date Double Face

258 6 0
By KanadeDivinia263

Flashback:

"So, this is what is happening. In the confusion of the battle, the neighbouring countries are making unsettling movements, so we do not know when an emergency might occur."

"It is as you say." The soldier confirmed.

"Understood."

◇◇◇◇◇

"I am counting on you, Kagekatsu." Kenshin said, staring at his son.

◇◇◇◇◇

With the group...

"Father... please leave it to me!" Kagekatsu looked at his father with determination before he lead the reinforcements to wherever they need to go.

Flashback ended:

The mysterious soldier smirked to himself.

◇◇◇◇◇

Meanwhile...

Runa was fast asleep in Kenshin's room, sleeping peacefully. She didn't know Kenshin left to deal with some trouble outside.

Kenshin saw how peaceful Runa was sleeping so he didn't want to do anything, but let her sleep.

*KA-BOOM!*

"... E... h...?" Runa got woken up by the sudden explosion. She groggily sat up, looking to her right to see no Uesugi commander. "Kenshin...?"

*BANG!*

Runa gripped the blanket when the castle shook. She squirmed to her feet and went to the balcony in Kenshin's room to see a fight happening inside the castle. Shocked at the event, Runa stared down at the scene before her in fear and surprise. She knew an army was lurking around, but doing at night... 

"You intrigue me... and... confuse me... at the same... time..." Runa blurted out.

The battle cries and the fire made a horrifying memory pay in Runa's mind, lapping the past over the present. She snapped out of it, ignoring the tremors of the battle. She was sure Kenshin could handle it. But still, Runa ran back into the room and got dress. She quickly got herself ready, even as putting on suncream to protect her skin.

Runa strapped her bag onto her back, knowing she was about to meet another army. They're likely coming for her and Yuzuki if they'd ambush the castle at night.

"Excuse me."

Runa turned around to face the opened door with a blank look on her face.

A man kneeled before her in front of Kenshin's room.

(Runa's point of view.)

'It's the ipomoea-scented soldier that reported to Kenshin.' Runa observed. 'What's he doing here? Curious, curious.' "C-Can I... help you...?" She asked.

"I've come here on Hideyoshi-sama's orders." The soldier answered.

"Liar..." Runa immediately said. "I may... be young... but not... stupid..." He may be wearing the Uesugi Army's clothing, and said he's with Hideyoshi, but Runa wasn't buying it.

"Shh.." The soldier shushed her. "There is nothing I can do if you don't believe me. As you can see, I am dressed as a member of the Uesugi Army, but I have this." He revealed an object in his hand.

(Runa's point of view.)

Runa immediately noticed the crest. "This is the... Toyotomi clan's crest..." She mumbled.

"Hideyoshi-sama is incredibly worried about you and the girl." The soldier said. "He is waiting for you two outside right now."

Runa hummed.

When footsteps came into earshot, the two tensed.

Runa grabbed the soldier's hand and yanked him inside, using her thorns to cage him before closing the door herself.

The soldier stumbled inside and they tripped over each other as the thorns shattered. Runa ended up on top of him, somehow straddling the soldier. Before either of them could react...

"Runa-chan?" Kageie's voice came through the door as he knocked gently.

Runa used her thorns again, caging the soldier as she went up to the door, opening it slightly. "Yes...?" She innocently asked.

The soldier tensed when the thorns were pointing at his vital spots.

"Okay. Don't exit this room, got it?" Kageie told her.

Runa nodded before gently shutting the door.

With that, they heard Kageie's footsteps walking away.

Runa then removed her thorns before straddling the soldier again. "Close one..." She looked down at the man under her. "You are cute..." She complimented. "And sneaky..." She added with seriousness. "Not part... of Oda Army..."

The mysterious man narrowed his eye slightly at her. 'What is she implying?' He wondered.

Then out of nowhere, Runa pulled his hood down, revealing his face... and wolf ears.

The soldier's eye widened.

"A deal..." Runa told him with sly mixing in her monotone voice. "I come... with willing... No fights... no killing... no massacre... If... and only if... you let me... touch your ears..."

The man could not believe what he was hearing. "W-What?"

"Agree... or I scream..." Runa threatened. "And they'll know... there's a spy..." If she was a werewolf, her tail would be wagging behind her.

The soldier gave in and nodded hesitantly. If she screamed, it would foil his plans.

A faint blushed smeared on her cheeks and Runa reached over to touch his ears. 'So soft!' She perked.

The man just watched in curiosity as Runa did nothing but fiddle with his ears.

"If I scratch the back... will your tail wag...?" Runa mused.

Runa lifted the soldier's upper body up to sit properly, making herself comfortable on his lap. Runa rested her chin on his shoulder as her hands were still playing with his ears. She completed her inquiry and watched as his tail wagged slightly. Runa sang to herself, knowing what he's feeling.

The werewolf was desperately trying to stop his tail from wagging through this 'torture'. But he couldn't help but actually like the way she's fawning over him.

"Okay..." Runa stopped. "Let's go..." She got off of him and got on her feet.

The werewolf nodded, pulling up his hood to cover not only his ears, but his lingering blush. He grabbed Runa's wrist and dragged her out of the room.

They went to Yuzuki's room, which happened to be on the other side of the castle. Runa told the werewolf to stay outside while she dragged the woman out of the room, before she could say anything. Runa let the werewolf drag the confused Yuzuki by her wrist while she followed him on his other side.

As they walk passed all the soldiers, Runa noticed none of them gave the werewolf a glance. She hummed as she quickened her pace to keep up with him.

"You really... thought of... everything..." Runa patted his arm, being short for age to reach his head.

"Huh? U-Um..." Yuzuki stuttered, so confused on what's going on.

They ran through the forest after exiting the castle. Runa managed to keep up with the werewolf's pace while Yuzuki was still being dragged.

'I'm going to miss my wolfies...' Runa internally cried, looking back at the castle. She then purked up when she saw two figures with horses by the edge of the track.

(Runa's point of view.)

Runa immediately noticed the ears and tails. 'Wolfies!'

Yuzuki saw the two figures as well, but she doesn't have a keen eyesight like Runa's, so she couldn't see the ears and tails.

The two stopped before them.

"We have been waiting for you." The green-haired werewolf said as the mysterious werewolf released Yuzuki's wrist.

'I want to touch his ears.' Runa stared at taller werewolf's ears.

"Um... What are we doing out here?" Yuzuki asked nervously, bringing her hands close to her chest.

The mysterious soldier turned to her. "Let's go." He carried her to his horse, placing her on top of the saddle.

"Eh? Wait!" Yuzuki was about to protest, but she was already on the saddle.

Runa wondered who she's going to ride with, and she got her answer when the green-haired werewolf picked her up, and carried her to his horse, placing her on top of the saddle. He jumped and sat behind her, grabbing the reins, then they were off.

The horses pounded on the ground, moving away from the castle, fast.

◇◇◇◇◇

Unknown to the group...

Imari was chasing after Yuzuki when he saw Runa forced her out of her room. When he managed to caught up and catch a glimpse of runaway horses. He was immediately confused.

"Wh-What's going on?" He asked himself.

◇◇◇◇◇

Meanwhile...

Kagemochi was in Yuzuki's room to check whether she's okay, because when he went to check on Runa, she wasn't in Kenshin's room. So having a thought, he wondered if the girl went to find Yuzuki. However, when he arrived, neither were in the room.

He then turned his head to see a soldier running in a hurry. "You there." He said, grabbing the soldier's attention. "Who was guarding them?" He asked.

"W-Well, in all the confusion..." The soldier didn't know how to answer.

Kagemochi looked down, frustrated. Then he noticed something below him and picked it up. He looked at the object and saw the Toyotomi crest. He immediately went to inform his commander of his findings.

"They were taken?" Kenshin questioned.

"I am sorry." Kagemochi bowed his head.

Kenshin placed his finger under his chin, thinking. "By who, though?" He wondered.

"This was found in Yuzuki-san's room..." Kagemochi showed Kenshin the seal case.

Kenshin took it and examined it. "I see." He said. "There seems to be something behind this."

◇◇◇◇◇

Somewhere in the forest...

After a long ride, they came to a stop deep in the forest, far from the castle.

"We should be fine now." The green-haired werewolf said as they came to a stop.

"Definitely." The silver-grey-haired werewolf agreed.

Yuzuki was at a total loss, while the man behind her took off his disguise, revealing his true appearance.

The mysterious werewolf only had one eye revealed, which was a purple colour, while the other one was hidden behind his long bangs and an eyepatch. He had dark, raven-navy-ish-coloured hair and his ears were drooped down.

He looked at Yuzuki with a cold glance.

"We're the Date Army." The silver-grey-haired werewolf said.

"Date?" Yuzuki questioned, still confused.

"I'm Date Shigezane." The silver-grey-haired introduced, jerking his thumb his way. He then pointed to the werewolf behind Runa. "That's Katakura Kojuro."

Runa could tell the werewolf behind her does not seem to like her or Yuzuki at all.

"And the person riding with you on the horse is our supreme commander, Date Masamune."

"Huh?" Yuzuki glanced at the werewolf behind her as Masamune glanced down at her with a cold stare.

"We did a bunch of different things to bring the two of you with us." Shigezane was boasting now.

"So basically..." Runa started. "... You two... set explosives... and while everyone... was distracted... by the commotion... it gave your commander... plenty of time... to get us..." She summarised.

"Wow! You're sharp!" Shigezane commented. "Instigating war between neighbouring countries, making sure the forces in the Uesugi Army's castle were reduced... Just like the little one said, we set off explosives around the castle. It was all Masamune's idea."

Yuzuki looked at Masamune again.

"I already... know..." Runa gave Shigezane a bored look. "Not... dumb..."

The two werewolves were taken aback.

"But you came willingly?" Shigezane questioned, confused.

"Made... a... deal..." Runa gave Masamune an innocent look.

Even though Masamune had his stoic face on, the other werewolves could tell he's annoyed.

"Masamune. We may have gained some distance, but we should continue on as far as we can." Kojuro advised.

"You're right." Masamune agreed.

Then out of nowhere, Runa got chills. 'No...'

Masamune sensed it as well. "Be careful." He grunted as he looked to the side.

"What's wrong?" Shigezane asked, looking serious, but confused at the same time.

"It can't be..." Kojuro trailed off as he looked to the side with his eyes narrowed.

"It is." Masamune drew his sword.

Familiar beasts came out from the bushes with their eyes lit with hunger.

Yuzuki became frightened and ducked as Masamune killed a yakuma that lunged at them with a wide mouth.

'Don't they die?!' Runa groaned.

"Why are yakuma showing up now?!" Shigezane yelled.

Kojuro stabbed a yakuma that tried to attack from behind. He looked around to see that the yakuma swarmed together and surrounded them. The smell they're emitting was horrifying.

"This is bad." Kojuro said. "We are surrounded."

"What's up with these guys?" Shigezane groaned, stabbing any yakuma that tried to get close. "They just keep popping up!"

Yuzuki screamed when another yakuma lunged at her.

But Masamune interfered, slashing the yakuma. "Out of the way!"

Runa winced when Yuzuki screamed again, and it was hurting her ears to the point she couldn't take it any longer. Runa removed her bag from her back and pulled out a black ribbon, tying her hair up.

The others glanced at her curiously as Runa threw her bag towards Shigezane.

Shigezane caught it in shock.

"Hold that... And... be... careful..." Runa warned.

Runa made sure her hair was nicely tight in a high ponytail before she felt ready. She stood on the horse, using Kojuro to steady herself.

The horse whined at the feeling of Runa's feet on it.

"Thorns..." Runa raised her right arm up and thousands of sharp needles appeared, pointing their tips at the reeking beasts. "I'll clear... the way... You get us... out of here..." Runa made some of her thorns to devour a yakuma that lunged at them with its claws wide opened.

"But you'll fall!" Shigezane argued.

Runa shook her head. Her attention never turned to them, only on the yakuma before them. She killed three with small groups of her thorns that tried to get close. "Now... There's... a lot more... coming..."

Masamune nodded, grabbing the horse's reins and whipped it slightly. "Hold on tight!" He told Yuzuki as the horse took off with a screech, its feet pounding against the floor in a rush.

The horses galloped off with a speeding start.

Runa had no problem maintaining balance as she stood. This surprised the trio of werewolves and Yuzuki, but they kept their mouths shut and focused on getting through the empty street she made.

It was a deafening screech Runa heard and she turned around to use her thorns to devour a yakuma that appeared right behind them.

Runa's eyes narrowed under her blindfold. 'They're getting faster...'

Her attacks were perfect, killing each and every yakuma that tried to lunged at them. But out of nowhere, Runa felt her chest began to hurt. She coughing violently, covering her mouth with one hand as her thorns shattered, shocking the four again. However, Runa didn't stop. She summoned her thorns again and start attacking the yakuma again, but she noticed the thorns' speed were making loud screeches when they were splitting the air.

The werewolves winced at the deafening sound.

It wasn't long until they reached the exit as Runa gently sat back down onto the horse. She let out a sigh of relief but winced slightly when she felt another sharp pain in her chest. Luckily, none of the werewolves or Yuzuki noticed. She took her bag from Shigezane, drinking a bottle of water she kept in it. She closed her bag up and leaned her back against Kojuro's chest.

'This feels familiar...' Runa thought. 'Properly because this was how I met Kenshin and the others...'

Runa had a feeling that the three werewolves would not harm her after the spectacle show she'd put on. So, she relaxed and shut her body down, falling asleep with one of Kojuro's arms wrapped around her stomach to keep her from falling.

◇◇◇◇◇

Later that night...

They arrived at a temple and when the horses came to a stop, Runa woke up. She grumbled inwardly about the short sleep she got. It was about an hour at most, and to make her more freaked out, she had a vision about her stay with the Date generals.

When she got off the horse with her bag on her back, Kojuro and Shigezane guided her, and Yuzuki to a warehouse. It looked like an old grey, rusty barn.

Runa and Yuzuki walked inside, turning to the werewolves, confused and curious.

"Sorry about this!" Shigezane waved with an apologetic smile as Kojuro sighed as he closed the door.

"W-Wait!" Yuzuki called out, extending her hand towards them, but she heard what sounded like keys clanging together.

Runa deadpanned, knowing Kojuro locked the door.

Yuzuki just sighed as Runa just leaned her back against one of the crates. She slided down to the ground, curling up into a ball. A sigh slipped through her lips. 'I want someone to cuddle with.' She thought. The absence of a heated body made her feel lonely.

Runa doesn't like being confide in a room with someone she doesn't want to get along with. It deprived her of warmth and comfort, even if she had her bag.

"Papa..." Runa mumbled, burying her face between her knees as she hugged herself, gathering warmth.

◇◇◇◇◇

Meanwhile...

Masamune sat on the veranda, staring at the moon that's shining the area. He heard footsteps and armours clapping together coming towards him, but didn't took his eye off the moon, knowing who they were.

"We put them in the warehouse." Kojuro informed as he and Shigezane stopped before their commander.

Masamune turned his head towards them. "Going forward, they will be key resources for negotiating with the other armies." He stated. "Do not let them get away."

"Yes, sir."

"Which means that we, the Date Army, will unify the country when we get the chance." Shigezane added, pumping his fists. "The Oda Army has one up on us right now, but we'll definitely catch up, for sure!"

Masamune nodded before turning his face to the side, averting his gaze to the ground. "But I am more concerned about the yakuma." He said.

"Right. I heard the yakuma were increasing in some places recently." Kojuro mentioned.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the warehouse...

Runa was getting irritated with Yuzuki constantly banging on the door for who knows how long now. 'Doesn't she realise they're not going to let us out?' She groaned. "Stop..." She told her. "They won't... let us... go..."

Yuzuki finally stopped and gave in, sighing in defeat. She just sadly looked at the only window in the warehouse, that's reflecting the moonlight inside, being their only light source.

Runa sighed and tried to fall asleep again.

◇◇◇◇◇

At Toyotomi territory...

The townspeople began working together to rebuild the town again bright and early, helping each other out with their own projects.

◇◇◇◇◇

At Toyotomi Castle...

Mitsunari went to report on the progress so far. Kanbee joined him as well to report his progress on the investigation.

They found Hideyoshi sat on his throne with a blank look on his face, placing his elbow on the armchair, leaning his face against his knuckles.

"Hideyoshi-sama, reparations to the town are proceeding well." Mitsunari reported, sitting before his commander, along with Kanbee.

"Is that so?" Hideyoshi said, uninterested.

"Also, regarding the girls, it seems they have been taken by someone from the Uesugi's castle." Kanbee informed.

"What?" Hideyoshi was all ears on the information.

"Moreover, somehow a seal case from our army was found at the scene."

Hideyoshi slouched as he linked the tip of his fingers, that twitched out of nervousness for a second. But the vampires don't notice. "That's definitely strange." He agreed. "Continue your investigation."

"Understood." Kanbee said.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the warehouse...

Yuzuki hugged her legs close to her chest with a miserable look. Even though she slept somehow, she didn't like being trapped.

Runa on the other hand, she didn't slept a wink. She knew her drowsiness only kicks in during the day. So, she sat on a crate, singing the nursery rhyme her mother sang to her for hours.

Ringo wa okkochita jibeta ni... (The apple dropped to the ground...)

Ringo wa ukanda- (The apple floated-)

*Click!*

Then the door unlocked with a click and Yuzuki looked up, curious as Runa just stared at the door.

When the door unlocked, it slided open, revealing Kojuro.

"This way." He gestured them to come forward..

"Huh?" Yuzuki blurted out.

Runa just hopped off the crate with a yawn, walking towards the werewolf as Yuzuki scrambled to her feet, following after the girl.

When they stepped out of the warehouse, Runa hissed at the blinding light. 'I hate daylight.' She growled, rubbing her left arm. 'I should be asleep right now and I could be cuddling with Hanbee, Papa, Katsu-nii, but nope... I have to be here with these werewolves, who locked me up with a woman I have no business with.'

"What?" Yuzuki mumbled.

Runa snapped out of her mini session and looked to see in front of her, stood Masamune with a falcon perched on his arm.

(Runa's point of view.)

Runa tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"It's falconry." Shigezane stated.

The werewolves guided the girls to an open field by horse.

They got off, tied the horses to a tree as they walked into the area a bit. The girls stood on either side of Masamune as he had his falconry still perched on his arm.

'When can I go to bed?' Runa wondered, keeping her face emotionless. 'Wait... I don't have a wolfy to cuddle!' She internally gasped in horror.

While Runa was having an internal meltdown, Masamune looked around and it was making Yuzuki more nervous than she already was.

"U-Umm..." She stuttered.

"Be quiet." Masamune immediately shushed her.

Runa was getting bored out of her mind, but when she saw Masamune's eye narrowed at something, she became somewhat interested.

Masamune swung his arm. "Go!"

The falcon soared through the air and extended its claws out as Yuzuki looked at it in shock. It dived down and was about to reach the rabbit that's shuffling around the grass.

The rabbit cried out as the falcon's claws pierced its flesh.

Yuzuki smiled. "He got it!" Then realised what she did and immediately covered her mouth, afraid what Masamune might do to her.

Masamune gave Yuzuki a cold glance before looking at his falcon again. "He is different from the other hawks out there. If either of you try to run away from here, that will be you, top."

Yuzuki got more frightened as Runa was way in her own little world to hear Masamune's threat.

"Hey, Masamune. Don't you feel bad, threatening them like that?" Shigezane asked. "Look, you're scaring them."

Masamune turned around to look at the girls. "You two are important tools for us to use in the upcoming negotiations." He walked off to get his falcon, that was devouring the rabbit right now.

Yuzuki stared at his retreating form with a nervous look, whereas, Runa just yawned, already more bored she can possibly be.

"Well, don't worry."

The girls turned to the silver-grey-haired werewolf.

"Masamune saying you both are important tools is his way of saying he's not going to hurt either of you." Shigezane explained. "He should just say what he means." He sighed with a smile, glancing at Masamune's direction. "Masamune is such a contrary person, as usual."

Runa knew from Shigezane and Kojuro's expressions that they knew what Masamune wanted to say. They were smiling in a sincere way.

"That falconry... can't hurt me..." Runa told them.

The three glanced at her with confusion.

"He's got... another thing... coming..." Runa raised her arm up in the air. "Thorns..." Thousands of black needles swarmed the air above her. "Eliminate..."

10 thorns aimed at the sky and without having Runa looking at her target, she fired the 10 up.

A piercing screech rang out then came another screech, onto this one was screech of pain, and then finally, a bird plummeted to the ground, blood seeping from the punctured needles that still pierced its flesh.

Masamune turned around quickly, hearing the overpowering sound with his falcon perched on his arm again.

"That will be... your falconry... if it comes... near me..." Runa gave him a cold stare. "You can't... threaten me... with a bird... that can die... against thousands of hundreds... of black... sharp... deadly... needles..." She stated.

Masamune copied her cold stare.

Runa shattered her thorns. "Anymore... hunting...?" She asked, changing the subject.

"You two, keep your eyes on them." Masamune ordered before leaving.

"Where is he going?" Yuzuki asked with curiosity written all over her face.

"You'll see, soon." Shigezane smiled. "Now, tell us more about you." He requested, staring at Runa.

"No..." Runa immediately rejected.

Shigezane kept bugging Runa to tell them about herself, but Runa just kept staring at the werewolf with an emotionless face. Shigezane gave up and asked Yuzuki if she knew anything, but got nothing. Instead, he asked Runa to show them her powers, but immediately got another rejection. However, he got a little piece of information when Runa told him she hated using her powers with a shaky voice.

They talked about random things until they heard a call from Masamune. Shigezane guided the girls over to the shaded tree, where Kojuro and Masamune sat down before a blue picnic blanket with multiple bento boxes on top of it.

"You sit down, too." Shigezane forced Yuzuki to sit down beside Masamune, as Runa just sat next to the cheerful werewolf. "Eat with us."

"Well then, shall we eat?" Kojuro asked.

"Let's dig in!" Shigezane grinned as he immediately grabbed three plates. He handed one to Yuzuki and the other to Runa, before gobbling down the food on his own plate.

Yuzuki kept glancing between the three werewolves with an unsure expression. She was completely confused on what's going on. First, they only see her as a tool, now, they're casually having a picnic?

Runa on the other hand, she only just stared at Shigezane. If she wasn't so tired, she would have found him cute. Nope, she's lying to herself. She found him utterly adorable. She wished she could use her Azurite and snap a photo of Shigezane. She didn't even bother looking at her food. She just watched the werewolf with curiosity on her face.

"Will you not eat something?" Kojuro asked, looking at the full plates in the girls' hands.

"Do you think it's poisoned?" Masamune asked, not looking up from his food.

"No." Yuzuki answered.

Runa shook her head.

"Not gonna eat? Then I'll take that!" Shigezane snatched the plate from Yuzuki's hand.

"Shigezane! Don't take other people's food!" Kojuro scolded with a sharp glare.

"You're so obnoxious, Kojuro." Shigezane whined. "I'll just give it back to her, then. See? Here you go." He pushed the plate back into Yuzuki's hands.

"Th-Thank you." Yuzuki stuttered. "I will help myself." She used her chopsticks to pick up one of the shrimp tempura, and bite it into her mouth. "It's delicious!" She beamed.

"There you go." Shigezane said with some food in his mouth.

"This is nothing special." Masamune averted his face with a slight blush smearing his cheeks.

"Does that mean..." Yuzuki trailed off, realising something.

"Yep! Masamune made all of this!" Shigezane revealed.

Yuzuki and Runa looked at Masamune.

"H-Hey, Shigezane!" Masamune stammered.

"That explains it..." Runa blurted out. Now she regretted it since now all of the attention went to her.

"Explains what?" Shigezane questioned, confused.

"Th-Th-The food's... scent..." Runa explained as her voice went quiet.

"The food's... scent?" Shigezane repeated, even more confused.

"I-It's all over... Masamune..." Runa pointed at the said werewolf. "Th-That's how... I... knew..." She averted her gaze to her colourless plate of food.

"Do you not like this kind of food?" Kojuro asked the raven-haired beauty, seeing she still isn't eating.

Runa shook her head. When she looked up, she noticed Masamune seemed interested. She caught sight of the small twitch of his ears as they perked up.

"Not... hungry..." Runa passed her plate to Shigezane.

Shigezane's lit up and gobbled down the food with a grin.

Runa just watched with a blank, yet, small amounts of amusement, on her face. She then took a couple of different foods and fed Shigezane, just watching him chow down on the food with a smile on his face.

The other two werewolves noticed her amusement, and if she was a werewolf, her tail would have been wagging against the grass. Shigezane's surely was. He was enjoying the attention he got from Runa. They both noticed that even around the younger werewolf, Runa still had her guard up.

'Her reaction is cute. Wait. What am I saying?'

Runa heard Masamune's thoughts and paused to process on what she just heard. 'Did I... hear that right...?'

'Runa-chan is so sweet! And I have all of her attention!'

Now it's Shigezane's thoughts Runa was hearing. "I'm... sweet...?" She asked the werewolf.

Shigezane choked on a tempura Runa just fed him. "H-H-How?"

Runa tilted her head to the side cutely. "I... can hear... your thoughts... loud and clear..."

"What?!" The werewolves were shocked.

Even Yuzuki was flabbergasted.

"I heard... Shigezane... and... Masamune's... thoughts..." Runa mused.

The said werewolves' face went red.

Runa was just staring at them as they continued eating after that little information.

"Hey, can you sing a song for me?" Shigezane asked after they finished their meal. "Masamune said your voice is really soothing."

"H-Hey. I never said that!" Masamune denied, but his cheeks were a bit red. 'But, it's true.' He thought. 'Her voice is really soothing to hear.'

Runa heard the compliment. "Masamune... I heard... your thoughts..." She told him.

That made the werewolf's face more red.

"Hey, hey. What is he thinking right now?" Shigezane asked, amused at Masamune's reaction.

Masamune gave the raven-haired beauty a 'don't-you-dare' glare.

"Secret..." Runa replied.

"Eh~?" Shigezane pouted.

Runa stared at the werewolf before reaching out to pat his head. "Good werewolf..." She bluntly babied. "Lullaby..." She made Shigezane lay his head on her lap.

(Play video.)

Boku ga zutto mae kara omotteru koto wo hanasou ka (Let me tell you something I've been thinking about for a long time)

Tomodachi ni modoretara kore ijou wa mou nozomanai sa (If we can go back to being friends, then I will ask for nothing more)

Kimi ga sore de ii nara boku datte sore de kamawanai sa (As long as you're okay with it, I really don't mind)

Usotsuki no boku ga haita hantai kotoba no ai no uta (I, a liar, sang a love song with words contrary to my thoughts)

As Runa sang, the four couldn't help but be entranced by her angelic voice.

Yuzuki was so entranced by Runa's singing, she didn't notice the shock expressions on the werewolves' faces.

'This song...' Masamune and Kojuro thought, recognising the melody Runa was singing.

Kyou wa kocchi no chihou wa doshaburi no seiten deshita (Today's weather in the area is a clear sunny sky with a downpour)

Kinou mo zutto hima de ichinichi mankitsu shite mashita (Yesterday I was making the best use of my time being idle and free)

Betsuni kimi no koto nante kangaete nanka inai sa (It's not like I'm thinking about you or anything)

Iya demo chotto hontouha kangaeteta kamo nante (Fine, maybe I was thinking about you just a little against my will)

MERII-GOO-RANDO mitai ni mawaru (The inside of my head is spinning)

Boku no ataman naka wa mou GURU GURU sa (Just like a merry-go-round)

Kono ryoute kara kobore sou na nodo (Since it's on the verge of spilling from my hands.)

Kimi ni moratta ai wa doko ni suteyou? (Where should I throw away this love you gave me?)

Kagiri no aru shoumou hin nante boku wa (I have no need for things)

Iranai yo (That diminish the more I use)

Boku ga zutto mae kara omotteru koto wo hanasou ka (Ley me tell you something I've been thinking about for a long time)

Sugata wa mienai no ni kotoba dake miechatterun da (You can't see its shape, but you can see the words)

Boku ga shiranai koto ga aru dake de ki ga kurui souda (I feel frustrated by the fact that there're things I don't know of)

Burasagatta kanjou ga kirei na no ka kitanai no ka? (Are my dangling emotions beautiful for dirty?)

Boku ni wa mada wakarazu suteru ate mo nain da (I have no idea, and I don't have a place to discard them to)

Kotoba no ura no ura ga mieru made matsu kara sa (I'll wait until I get to bottom of the meaning of those words)

Matsu kurai nara ii ja nai ka (Waiting doesn't sound like a bad idea at all)

Susumu kimi to tomatta boku no (Since you're still moving ahead while I've already stopped completely)

Chijimaranai suki wo nande umeyou? (What should I use to fill up the elongating distance between us?)

Mada sunao ni kotoba ni dekinai boku wa (I, an innate coward)

Runa felt a familiar presence nearby.

Tensei no yowamushi sa (Still can't use my words honestly)

Kono ryoute kara kobore sou na noda (Since it's on the verge of spilling from my hands)

Kimi ni watasu ai wo dare ni yuzurou? (Instead of you, to whom else should I give this love to?)

Sonnan doko ni mo ate ga aru wakenai daro (I don't think that someone else can be found so easily)

Mada matsu yo (Guess I'll keep waiting)

The others were having trouble staying awake.

Mou ikai (Is this good?)

When she finished, Runa noticed everyone fell asleep. The two older werewolves leaning against the tree they were under, Yuzuki laying sideways on the grass and Shigezane fast asleep on her lap.

"Mission... complete..." Runa whispered as the presence got closer. "This is... what you... wanted... right..."

The presence behind Runa was a figure with werewolf features.

"... Akane-nee-chan?"

The figure smiled slyly.

◇◇◇◇◇

At Toyotomi Castle...

Hideyoshi stood at the balcony with his arms crossed as Toukichi sat on the railing. They both stared at the distance in silence until Kanbee and Mitsunari came in.

The two vampires sat before their commander, who was still staring into the distance.

"Hideyoshi-sama, about the investigation..." Kanbee started. "The Date Army are the ones who took them. Obviously, the Uesugi Army has realised this as well."

"Should we go get them?" Mitsunari asked. They may not have the Date Army's exact location, but it was enough to go on to think that the army might be on their way back to their territory.

"No, it's not time for that yet." Hideyoshi answered, keeping his back to them. The information they have is not enough to get the girls. It would be a waste of men and stamina until they managed to find the girls.

The two vampires were a bit surprised at their supreme commander's response. They thought he would go after them when they found out who took the girls. Hideyoshi had really change after they lost the girls...

"Understood." Mitsunari acknowledged after a moment of silence. "Well then, I will ask the Sanada Army for their help."

"Yes. I'll leave it to you." Hideyoshi said.

◇◇◇◇◇

Meanwhile...

Imari was running through the forest, trying to find the soldiers that kidnapped the girls. He stopped to catch his breath.

"Where are you, Yuzuki-san?" Imari wondered.

◇◇◇◇◇

Later that evening...

The girls were back in the warehouse. Yuzuki sat on the floor with her legs close to her chest, as her back was leaning against the wall.

Runa sat on one of the crates, that was the furthest away from Yuzuki, mindlessly swinging her legs as she sang her mother's nursery rhyme.

Flashback:

Masamune turned around to look at the girls.

"You two are important tools for us to use in the upcoming negotiations."

'Tools?' Runa wondered with a blank expression.

The sound of a flute echoed through the wind. Runa seized her song and relaxed as she listened to the melody. It was a lovely tune. Runa laid down on the numerous crates, ignoring the hard feeling. She was use to the hardness anyway.

'So he's playing for him...' Runa silently mused.

◇◇◇◇◇

Out on the veranda...

Masamune stood silent with his arms crossed and his eye closed, as he listened to the soothing melody, that's being played by Kojuro.

It wasn't long until Kojuro finished the final note.

"Thank you, Kojuro." Masamune said after a moment of silence.

Kojuro bowed slightly. "It was nothing."

Masamune looked at the werewolf over his shoulders. "We will depart tomorrow." He announced.

"Understood."

◇◇◇◇◇

Meanwhile...

Imari was still looking, walking slowly and cautiously with his head constantly looking left and right to spot Yuzuki, or the soldiers. He perked up when his eyes landed on an old temple that had familiar horses.

"That's the horse!" He exclaimed.

Imari looked around and spotted the warehouse. He thought Yuzuki might be in there, so he went towards the old building to investigate. He started to climb the wall, but with the added weight of his tea kettle, it was hard. 

"Heave-ho, heave-ho, heave-ho." With one more push, he made it to the small window. "Heave-ho." When he looked down below, he smiled at the sight of the brown-haired girl. "Ah, Yuzuki-san!" He called out.

Then out of nowhere, the door slided opened, revealing Kojuro. "Excuse me." He said.

Kojuro's voice caught Runa's attention. She sat up and looked at him. She had a feeling Imari got frightened at the sudden visit, because she heard something hard collide against the ground with a thud.

"I have brought your dinner." Kojuro told them.

"Huh?" Yuzuki got up, confused. She then noticed the small packages in his right arm. "Thank you."

Runa nodded.

"I'll be going." Kojuro was about to leave, but Yuzuki's voice stopped him.

"U-Um..."

"What is it?" Kojuro asked.

"I heard a flute just now." Yuzuki replied.

"Who was... playing the flute...?" Runa asked, covering her mouth to yawn as she played dumb.

"My apologies. You could hear it here?" Kojuro asked.

"Yes." Yuzuki answered.

"Masamune asks me to play it for him sometimes."

"Hmm..." Runa hummed, swinging her legs again as she stared at the thin floral cloth that likely had the said flute inside.

"Is that so? Masamune-san must like your flute, then, Kojuro-san." Yuzuki complimented with a smile.

"No, I do not believe 'like' is quite the right word." Kojuro looked to the side with a sad smile that Runa managed to catch. "I think it is more like a lullaby for him."

"A lullaby?"

The two didn't noticed, but Runa had an understanding look on her face.

"Ever since he was little, Masamune has been raised as a warlord's child bearing the Date name. He was separated from his parents early on and raised by himself in a temple."

As Kojuro explained, Runa began to remember her vision as if they're telling her a story.

Flashback:

A temple with kids playing around outside the temple Masamune was in.

"Life at the temple was quite rough and strict for Masamune." Kojuro's voice echoed in Runa's head as her visions played along with the tale.

A young Masamune was in his room, studying war strategies and politics all alone.

"He was at an age where he really wanted to be doted on by his parents and play with someone, but he stifled those feelings. He spent his days alone, forced to concentrate on his studies and sword practice."

◇◇◇◇◇

The vison changed to where Masamune was surrounded by soldiers, and a man wearing a hat with a falconry perched on his arm.

Masamune had the glove on and was staring at the falcon with a nervous, and fearful expression on his face.

"That is not all. From a young age, he constantly had to prove he was resolute and strong."

Masamune flinched and backed away slightly when the man moved his arm, that had the falconry perched to it, closer to him.

"Masamune-sama! You must not be afraid!" A soldier told/encouraged him.

"B-But..." Masamune stuttered, afraid it might hurt him.

"You are the person who will lead the Date Army as the supreme commander one day, Masamune-sama." The same soldier pressed. "You cannot show such weakness. Now, please put out your arm."

Masamune tightly closed his eyes and did what he was told. He felt the falcon flew towards him and perched onto his gloved arm. Masamune kept his eyes shut and didn't even dare look at the falcon.

The same soldier bended down and pointed at some bushes before them. "Masamune-sama, over there." He said.

Masamune opened his eye and looked at where the soldier was pointing at. That's when he saw a small fox sticking its head out from some bushes, sniffing the air.

"Now, do it!"

"B-But..." Masamune didn't want to hurt it.

They watched as the fox turned its head and spotted Masamune, and the soldiers. Out of instinc, it took off, running away as fast as it could.

"I-I'm sorry." Masamune averted his eye to the side, feeling as though he disappointed them.

"Oh, do not worry." The soldier assured. "It is enough that you let the falcon on your arm, Masamune-sama!"

"Indeed, you did well!" Another added.

◇◇◇◇◇

That's when the vision showed Runa what the adults are saying to Masamune, as he stood with a miserable and distressed look on his face.

"God, I can't believe that weakling is our future supreme commander." One of them commented.

"He has to try harder." Another said.

"It was a life where he was constantly surrounded by adults. He saw all the sides of the adults."

◇◇◇◇◇

The vision changed to where Masamune sat on the veranda, what seemed to be just outside his room, crying. He was crying his heart out as he tried to stop the tears from falling, but no vail.

That's when a soothing sound of a flute echoed through the wind. Masamune stopped crying and got curious of the soothing melody. He got up and followed the sound, going further back of the temple.

When he made a corner, he saw a young Kojuro in the same yukata, mindlessly playing the flute.

(Masamune's point of view.)

Kojuro stopped playing and opened his eyes when he felt like someone was watching him. He was about to walk away, but Masamune stopped him.

"Don't stop." Masamune begged. He wanted to listen to the melody more.

Kojuro was surprised.

"Keep playing."

Kojuro smiled a little and did what Masamune required.

When the soft tune came back, Masamune closed his eyes and smiled, listening to the lullaby.

"That's when it started."

Flashback ended:

"Even now, whenever he feels anxious or has lost confidence in himself, he asks me to play the flute for him." Kojuro finished.

When Runa came back to reality, she saw Yuzuki's eyes wide open at the story she's been told.

(Runa's point of view.)

'I guess she didn't expect Masamune to have a rough childhood.' Runa thought, staring emotionlessly at her.

"I seem to have shared too much, somehow." Kojuro chuckled. "Please be sure to eat. You too." He glanced at Runa for a split second. "We will be leaving here tomorrow." He closed the door behind him after dropping off their food.

"Tomorrow?" Yuzuki blurted out, still in shock.

Runa just sighed before laying back down, not bothered to get the food. 'I'm sorry, Masamune... Even though you took your time making the food... I just can't eat them without feeling the need to vomit.' A small tear escaped her left side of her blindfold, but Runa quickly wiped it off her cheek.

"Yuzuki-san!"

The girls turned around and looked up at the window to see Imari smiling down at them.

"Imari-kun!" Yuzuki exclaimed.

"I'm sorry it took me so long!" Imari said. "I can't believe they're keeping you locked up in a place like this." He admitted. He couldn't see Runa from where he was hanging, nor can he felt her presence either. "Heave-ho..." When Imari tried to climb in, he lost his balance and fell forward.

Runa just sighed as she shook her head. She got up and leaped forward, catching Imari in mid-air. She landed back on the crate she was on and sat back down, cradling Imari in her arms.

"Are you okay?" Yuzuki asked as she came over to the crate Runa was sitting on.

"Yeah, thanks to...?" Imari looked up at his savour and got frightened at the living doll before him.

"Runa..." Runa disinterestly introduced.

Imari was still shaking. "A-Are you a d-doll...?" He frightingly asked.

Runa shook her head, still looking down at the petrified spirit tanuki. "Eat..." She told him, pushing her portion of food over to him.

"Eh? But... what about you?" Imari asked, shocked.

"Not... hungry..." Runa then looked at Yuzuki. "You... too... Masamune was kind enough... to make it..." She added, looking back at the spirit tanuki on her lap.

Yuzuki didn't say anything but ate her share of food. For some reason, Runa kind of scary in her opinion.

Imari immediately gobbled up Runa's portion, enjoying the flavours exploding in his mouth. When he was done, a satisfied smile hung his face.

"That was good." Imari sighed.

Runa merely tilted her head like a doll. 'He's adorable.' But she wished she could properly taste the food and try it. 'It is a shame I can't taste what he tastes...'

"Anyway, we have to hurry and get you two out of here." Imari stated.

"But we don't have a key." Yuzuki told him.

"You never... pay attention... do you...?" Runa questioned, looking at the girl with boredom.

Yuzuki was a bit taken aback at the question, and felt a bit offended at the same time.

Runa pointed to herself. "Astral... Powers..." She stated, pointing out the obvious, already walking straight towards the door.

Yuzuki followed the raven-haired beauty, who was examining the strength of the door, and how much force she should insert into her thorns to break it down. The two didn't notice the spirit tanuki behind them was fiddling with a circular object.

"Uh-oh..."

Runa heard the fear in Imari's voice and turned around. Behind her, she saw the pale blue flames inside one of her crystal bombs. Her eyes widened under her blindfold. Runa ran over to the spirit tanuki, picking him up and effortlessly kicked the door down. Only then did she realised it was open.

Runa threw Imari as far as she could into the forest, as she and a frightened Yuzuki ran out of the warehouse. Along the way, Runa created a big shield out of her thorns for protection as Yuzuki hid behind her, frightened to death on why the younger girl was so on high alert.

◇◇◇◇◇

Meanwhile...

"Can we really leave them in there?" Shigezane asked with concern as he and the other two werewolves ate their dinner. "It's mean."

"It is also probably why the younger girl isn't eating anything or getting any sleep." Kojuro mentioned.

"Huh? Not sleeping? But she doesn't look tired." Shigezane had never felt more confused. "She doesn't have any bags under her-" He paused. "I mean, we can't be sure because she was wearing that nice blindfold." He corrected himself. "But she looked normal to me."

"Just because we can't tell whether she had bags or not, Shigezane, it does not mean she is not tired." Kojuro stated. "She yawned almost every 5 minutes and her head keeps bobbing up and down as if she was trying to stay awake. That concludes she does not sleep at all."

"This is all-"

*KA-BOOM!!*

Before Shigezane could finish his sentence, a loud bang overpowered any sound echoed throughout the temple.

All of their attention turned to the warehouse. They saw the roof popped out of its hinges before crumbling down to the ground.

"Shit!" All three shot up, running over to the warehouse quickly.

As the three got closer, they could hear their horses neighing in fright, seeing their horses trudging over to each werewolf for comfort. But the three bolt across the grass where they found the girls laying on the grass.

Yuzuki was shaking while Runa was checking out her bag as if the explosion didn't happened.

"Runa-chan!/Runa!/Yuzuki-san!" The three sprinted over to them, kneeling down beside them.

"Are you okay?" Shigezane asked, checking them for wounds.

"Check for enemies." Masamune gestured to the wrecked warehouse.

"No enemy... Me..." Runa confessed.

"You blew up the warehouse?" Shigezane asked in confusion, furrowing his brows.

"Accident..." Runa mumbled.

"But we could have gotten killed." Yuzuki argued.

But Runa just ignored her.

Kojuro's ears twitched. "Masamune! Someone is heading this way." He informed.

Masamune nodded. He grabbed a hold of Runa's Huawei classic backpack and handed it over to Shigezane, who used the longer strap and wrapped it around himself. The commander heaved Yuzuki up into his arms, holding her in a bridal hold.

"Understood. It's a little sooner than we planned, but we'll be leaving here now." Masamune stated.

The other two ran to the horses.

"Masamune..."

Masamune turned his head and looked down at Runa.

"Thank you..."

"What for?" Masamune asked.

"For... the food..." Runa looked at him. "It was... delicious..."

'Huh?' Yuzuki's eyes widened. 'Why is she lying?'

Runa knew Yuzuki knows that she was lying but she'll deal with the girl later. Instead, Runa noticed something out of the ordinary; as she was staring at Masamune, he averted his eye from her view and tried to hide the rosy blush on his pale skin. His tail was wagging behind him. It was like he's a dog getting praised.

'Kuudere.' Runa silently noted.

When they made it to the horses, the girls rode with Masamune. Yuzuki sat at the front as Runa sat on the back. Runa wrapped her thin, delicate arms around Masamune's waist to keep herself from falling.

The three horses galloped in the darkest of the nights. The stars lit above them, humble and warm.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the same time...

A black creature that blended in with the stars were flying above the group. Its bloody red eyes kept a firm gaze at the group, who were in a hurry to leave.

◇◇◇◇◇

With the group...

Then a sudden roaring wind halts their horses and caused the horse to throw the girls and Masamune off of it.

Masamune was quick to grab Yuzuki's waist and protected her as they fell, as Runa easily landed on her feet like a cat did a long jump.

"Alright! That did it!" A familiar voice cheered. "That was my personal style ninja arts whirlwind technique!"

"Sasuke-san?!" Yuzuki exclaimed, surprised to see him.

The said werewolf was standing on a tree branch, staring down at them.

Runa wasn't surprised. Her deadpanned look gave it away. 'If he's here...'

"Hmph, you're naïve, Sasuke."

'Yep...' Runa turned her head to see the familiar smirk of Saizou.

"Saizou-san, too?!" Yuzuki exclaimed again.

"This is the right way to do it!" Saizou jumped off the tree he was standing. "Come forth, gale winds!" He planted his hands onto the ground and a wall of dirt formed from the ground, rising high into the sky.

Winds formed around the Date Army and the girls, sending dead leaves and dirt in their direction.

Shigezane and Kojuro raised their right arm to shield their eyes with Runa doing the same.

Masamune covered Yuzuki's eyes with his arm as he stared at the two rivaled werewolves with a cold glare.

"What are you doing? You're getting dead leaves in my eyes!" Shigezane yelled, annoyed.

"Would you mind not butting in?" Saizou asked. "I have my own way of doing things."

"Huh?"

'So cute.' Despite the sudden attack, Runa couldn't help but fangirl at Shigezane's confused reaction.

"So these are the ones who were hanging around the area." Masamune mentioned as he and the girls got up.

"We weren't hanging around!" Sasuke denied. "We came to take them back from you!"

"That's right. I, Kirigakure Saizou, will take them back." Saizou announced, jerking his thumb his way.

"What the heck, Saizou? I will be the one to get them back! Right?"

Runa deadpanned again as Yuzuki looked at the two with a worried expression.

"No, I will! Isn't that right?" Saizou asked as he turned to the girls.

Runa just tilted her head like a clueless child while Yuzuki... She was still had that worried look on her face.

"No, I will!" Sasuke snapped.

"Me!" Saizou shouted.

"It's obvious I will!"

"No, it will be me!"

"They've started up again..." Yuzuki mumbled, watching the two rivals argue.

"These guys start fighting even in front of the enemy." Shigezane chuckled.

Runa felt like her ears were going to bleed from the two childish werewolves.

"What're are saying? I will!" Sasuke's voice echoed loudly in Runa's ears.

"No, I will!" Saizou's voice rang after.

"Me, me, me, me!"

"It will be me, me, me, me!"

"Sorry." A different voice rang in.

Everyone, except for Sasuke and Saizou, turned to see Kamanosuke standing beside Shigezane and his horse.

"Even though they're like that, I think they're taking this seriously." Kamanosuke told them.

"Kamanosuke..." Runa perked up as she saw her favourite sleepy werewolf pillow.

"You left this." He threw an object at her.

Runa caught it and looked to see an empty bottle of suncream in her hands. She knew Shinga doesn't have these, and she wondered if Kamanosuke knew it was empty. Nonetheless, she gave the werewolf a nod, shoving the bottle inside her bag. She had taken it from Shigezane and put it on her.

Kamanosuke cracked a small smile before turning back to the duo.

Someone was tugging on the girls' arms. They glanced to the side to see it was Masamune.

"Come on." He ordered quietly. He then looked at Shigezane and Kojuro, who stayed on their horses.

They both got the drift.

"So! Which one of you is actually the best?" Shigezane asked.

This got the attention of the rivaled duo. They both turned around, clearly frustrated.

"I told you, I am!" Sasuke shouted, still on the branch.

"No, I am!" Saizou snapped.

Kamanosuke sighed at how easily they fell for the trap.

Shigezane and Kojuro smiled at each other as Masamune took the girls away.

◇◇◇◇◇

Somewhere...

Masamune took the girls to a rocky area with cliffs all around them. Runa just hoped none of them would fall on them.

"We'll hide here for a bit." Masamune said.

"But..." Yuzuki started.

'Are you trying to protest?' Runa wondered, scanning the area around them.

Suddenly, Masamune grabbed Runa and Yuzuki by their shoulders. One hand on Yuzuki's left, and the other on Runa's right, pulling them roughly to his chest. "Don't make any sudden movements." He ordered.

Yuzuki closed her eyes tightly, not use to be so close to someone before. Her whole body stiffened, not daring to move.

Runa, on the other hand, looked up at Masamune. She could see concern, small though, swirled in his eye.

"Listen, you two are our important bargaining tools. Tools shouldn't have their own wills." Masamune said.

"I'm sorry, it's just that..." Yuzuki trailed off, looking at Masamune.

Runa just stayed silent, feeling sick all of a sudden.

"What are you going to do with us now?" Yuzuki asked.

Masamune looked away. His hands were still on the girls' shoulders. "I'm going to use the two of you as trump cards in negotiations with the Oda Army."

"Trump cards?" Yuzuki repeated, confused laced in her tone.

"Oda's troops are powerful. I've seen what happens when you fight them head on." Masamune turned his head to meet the girls in the eye. "But rest assured, we will not do anything to hurt either of you."

'Is this what Ivy-nee-chan meant by being bipolar?' Runa wondered, seeing how Masamune's words are rather... opposite of each other.

"We will definitely continue to win in our own way. The Date Army will surely unify the world."

Runa let out an inaudible sigh of annoyance. 'Is it too late to go back home and get my army to come to Shinga, and unify this world ourselves?' She asked herself.

"I have always lived my life this way."

'Akane-nee-chan, I think you've cut some information out of your stories.' Runa knew her sister figure grew up in the Date Army for a little while, but she didn't exactly go into detail about Masamune's life.

"'When you are hot, say it is cool. When you are tired, pretend you are fine'." Masamune quoted. His eye was closed as if he was reliving his memories. His hands were still holding onto the girls' shoulders, but kept them at a distance but secured them in place. "A supreme commander must always say the opposite of what he feels. Even though it might be contrary." He looked at them, dead in the eye. "Those were the words of a priest who taught me many things. If a supreme commander is weak, his vassals are afraid, but if he is strong, then his vassals will have peace of mind."

Runa knew those are the phrases her sister figure were taught.

Flashback:

"No matter how it sounds, it's for those who believe they can do it on their own, however, a supreme commander shouldn't shoulder everything on their own. They have vassals to help them with it. You can complain as well, that's why good friends are there for you." A young woman with flowing black hair stared down at Runa with a gentle smile. "There's no need to shoulder all those who are suffering on your own. If you're suffering, a good friend is there for you. After all, everyone deserves to feel loved."

Flashback ended:

"That's why I can never say how I really feel, no matter how much I'm suffering, because I believe vassals will follow that kind of supreme commander with confidence."

"But... I am not... one of... your vassals.../But I am not one of your vassals." The girls said in unison.

"What?" Masamune's face was void of emotion, but his tone shifted.

Runa noticed it. 'Was he surprised? Or was it softness?'

"So, well..." Yuzuki smiled softly to herself.

"You don't need... to pretend to be... strong with... u-us..." Runa had to hold back a choke on the last word, but still held her emotionless face.

Now, it was Masamune's turn to be surprised. His eye widened and his body twitched over so slightly. A red hue fell on his cheeks and he turned to look away. "That's as if I feel like it." He murmured.

'Cute.' Runa was glad that the warehouse blew up. It gave her a chance to see Masamune's vulnerable side. She opened her delicate arms and wrapped them around Masamune's waist. She pressed her face against his chest, relishing in the feeling of being in his arms. "There's no need to shoulder all those who are suffering on your own. If you're suffering, a good friend is there for you. After all, everyone deserves to feel loved." Runa telepathically whispered to Masamune, feeling his body twitch in surprise. Of course he should, after all, Runa was just repeating the words of a friend he knew when he was young.

Runa let her body sagged, feeling her muscles loosened. She rested against Masamune, feeling the fatigue catch up to her. Masamune's arms hesitantly welcomed her like shields of love, a hug so warm, yet so different than a motherly embrace. This warmth made Runa think of a younger sibling being protected by their older sibling.

When they finally parted, Runa felt an absence as cold as the northern wind. When she looked at Masamune again, a blush still remained on his face and an innocent look made its way to Runa's.

Masamune turned away from Runa, shy and embarrassed.

*Giggles*

Runa turned around to see Yuzuki giggling behind her hand. Runa sent her a warning look and that silenced her. Runa really enjoyed putting fear into Yuzuki's eyes.

"I found you!"

Runa's head snapped in the direction of the voice.

Across from the three was Yukimura, who was standing on one of the rocks on the other side with his sword unsheathed.

"Yukimura-san!" Yuzuki exclaimed, relieved to see him.

"I'm sorry I'm late." Yukimura said. "I came to save you two!"

Runa just stared at Yukimura with a blank expression as Yuzuki tried to go towards him. However, Masamune grabbed her by the shoulder and yanked her back.

"Don't move!" Masamune kept his hand on Yuzuki's shoulder as he raised his sword, pointing it at her neck. "Move, and she's dead." He threatened.

Yuzuki gasped in shock, looking at the sword that's being pointed at her.

"Stop it, Masamune!" Yukimura yelled, reaching out to her. "Let her - Let them go!"

Runa guessed Yukimura forgot about her for a second, well with no presence, she's use to it. She was standing behind Masamune, and with his height and built, he towered her completely.

"I don't think of them as anything but tools." Masamune declared suddenly, still having his sword close to Yuzuki's neck. "You don't feel the same, do you?"

Yukimura glared and clicked his tongue. He moved back slightly as a sign of his inability to do anything other than fighting.

"If we fight now, we'll not only be taking this woman with us, but the girl as well."

Yuzuki snapped her head in Masamune's direction. "Masamune-san." She said with a trembling voice.

From Runa's angle, Masamune's hold on the girl was not harsh or painful; it was gentle. His words played in her head.

Flashback:

"A supreme commander must always say the opposite of what he feels. Even though it might be contrary."

Flashback ended:

Runa slowly and cautiously made her way to Masamune's side, standing next to him. She knew what he meant behind his words and when he felt her body relaxed, his lips almost twitched into a smile. Almost.

Runa then tensed, feeling multiple presence around them and they're not good ones. She knew Masamune noticed it too, because he let go of Yuzuki and walked forward.

"Sorry, but it seems now is not the time for this." He stated.

"Right, it looks like we're completely surrounded." Yukimura glanced to the side.

Suddenly, multiple soldiers in purple uniforms came out of hiding with their weapons ready.

"I will definitely protect them." Masamune declared. 

"Agreed! I will protect them as well." Yukimura declared, also.

Both of them had challenging glares.

'It looks like less work for me to do.' Runa won't mind letting the two do all the works.

Yukimura suddenly tossed several flare signals into the sky. They lit up bright green rays amidst the dark sky.

"How pretty..." Runa was at awe at the lit up night sky. Colours or not, she was completely distracted.

"Masamune, I leave the enemies over there to you." Yukimura said as Masamune jumped over to him.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the same time...

The black creature was hanging upside down from a branch, and stared at the two werewolves from their own red eyes.

The two stood back to back, orange and blue.

'What a unique combination for two rivaled armies.' It thought.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the rocky area...

"I won't take instructions from you." Masamune said, but still complied.

"Just be careful, Masamune. Other enemies are coming!" Yukimura warned.

"Same to you. Don't go getting distracted!"

As the commanders began striking down enemies, Runa heard footsteps and gallops of horses.

"They're over there!" Runa heard Sasuke's voice.

Runa turned around to see the vassals of the Date and Sanada Armies.

◇◇◇◇◇

Over at the group...

"Yukimura!" Sasuke called out.

"That's... the Oda Army." Kojuro gasped, seeing the crest on the flags.

◇◇◇◇◇

Over at the commanders...

Runa heard what Kojuro said and looked at the flags to see the Oda Army insignia.

(Runa's point of view.)

'This is bad...' Runa thought, connecting the dots on the sudden ambush.

Runa and Yuzuki stood in the middle of the two werewolves, watching as they struck each soldier that dared to come close to them.

'They're totally in sync.' Runa observed, seeing how well the two worked together.

Yukimura flipped over to Yuzuki's left to strike a soldier, that tried to kill her.

◇◇◇◇◇

"Incredible. They're in total sync." Shigezane commented, seeing the commanders fighting together.

"Yeah..." Sasuke nodded.

◇◇◇◇◇

Runa looked at the group to see them staring at their commander with wide eyes, shock and surprise in them. She watched with a yawn, completely unfazed about the situation she's in. Runa trusted the two completely, and if things go wrong, she would just use her thorns to kill the soldiers with a snap. Her only problem was how to get out of everyone's schemes on kidnapping her.

"You guys need to be careful, too. They're coming!" Masamune shouted.

Runa then noticed more soldiers appearing. 'Is there no end to them?' She was getting annoyed. She had no intention of being part of any war-related schemes. 'How many did he bring with him?'

◇◇◇◇◇

Shigezane and Kojuro got off their horse and a soldier ran to them with his sword raised high.

But Shigezane effortlessly striked the soldier down. "Damn it, how many men did they come with?!" He complained.

Sasuke stabbed a soldier with his dagger. "These numbers mean..." He trailed off, realising what was happening.

◇◇◇◇◇

Runa then felt a presence from... above?

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrgghh!" A familiar battle cry rang into the air.

"Huh?" Runa tilted her head to the side. 'Where have I heard it?' She wondered.

A sudden blast of smoke came out of nowhere as the ground trembled.

Runa looked at the source to see a familiar vampire exiting the smoke. 'I think his name was... Ah, it's Katsuie... And if he's here...' Runa looked up.

Above Katsuie, on the highest cliff was a group of vampires with a very familiar cold-hearted commander, appearing out of the curtain of smoke.

'All of the Oda Army...' Runa's blindfolded eyes locked with cold purple ones.

◇◇◇◇◇

From the cliff...

Nobunaga locked eyes with Runa's blindfolded ones. His icy stare pierced right through Runa, as if he could read her like an open book.

◇◇◇◇◇

Down below...

Runa just sent the vampire a lifeless look, but the aura she was reeking off was menacing. 'This just got interesting...'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325 106 46
~The story never end, ends~ -4gotten_girl ___________________________ She was alone with no where to call her own....she stumble...
2.4K 39 25
This story begins in the country of Britannia. A country where several certain races live with one another. And at the center of these races stood a...
20.9K 598 33
|UNDER HELLA EDITING| She was a human. He was a ghoul. Little Red Ridding Hood and The Wolf. Two completely different worlds. But yet two very simila...
115 13 10
Born between two worlds, despised by those who should love her. Being labeled as "defective", "incomplete", "impure". Suffering repeated and constant...