Sengoku Night Blood (Disconti...

By KanadeDivinia263

Set in the flourishing world of Shinga that was formerly a prosperous and peaceful realm, a girl named Runa b... More

Characters:
S1~01: Shinga Supremacy
S1~02: Toyotomi Attack
S1~04: Sanada Famigilia
S1~05: Wild Feeling
S1~06: Uesugi Discord
S1~07: Date Double Face
S1~08: Oda Plunder
S1~09: Yakuma Corridor
S1~10: Discord Terminus
S1~11: Terminal March
S1~12: Sengoku Night Blood
S2~01: Mouri Monitor
S2~02: Toyotomi Reflection
S2~03: Marriage Mayhem
S2~04: Blazing Passion
S2~05: Takeda Tranquility
S2~06: Trombe Trouble
S2~07: Sanada Beauty
S2~08: Kidnapped Princess
S2~09: Ominous Developments
S2~10: Monochromatic Night
S2~11: Discord Melody
S2~12: Uesugi Harmony
S2~13: Fallen Tears
S2~14: Date Stoneheart
S2~15: Everlasting Paradox
S2~16: Destiny Guilty
S2~17: Wishful Dreams
S2~18: Oda Creation
S2~19: Destiny Ark
S2~20: Striking Spear
S2~21: Star Becomes Music
S3~01: Awakening Heartbeat
S3~02: Noise Night
S3~03: Disorted Mirror
S3~04: Imprisonment Scythe
S3~05: Infinite Bow
S3~06: The Lost, Lost Little
S3~07: Annihilation Sawblades
S3~08: Divine Blade
S3~09: Silver Dragon

S1~03: Takeda Banquet

517 11 6
By KanadeDivinia263

This is the world of Shinga. Himemiko, a being with special powers, has vanished, ending peace throughout the world. The people of the non-human Gegga Tribes fight for unification. Monsters known as yakuma have emerged, and Shinga is now in absolute turmoil.

◇◇◇◇◇

"But that doesn't mean I've given up on marrying you." Hideyoshi slyly added as he turned to the bright sky again.

"Eh?" Yuzuki blurted out.

The bright light elegantly shined Hideyoshi's features, polishing them perfectly. "I intend to make you say you don't want to go back." He looked back at the girl with a serious look in his eyes. However, he had a playful expression as well. "I will make you feel that way."

◇◇◇◇◇

"Weird commander..." Runa mumbled, confused with Hideyoshi's behaviour.

Runa then heard footsteps coming from her left and a familiar scent came to her nose. She looked up to see Hanbee walking up to her in a bit of a hurry. He carried his red parasol like usual, shading himself from the sun, or where the blinding light was coming from. He stood next to Runa, who got to her feet when she felt something was wrong, as Hanbee saw Hideyoshi and Yuzuki out in the courtyard.

"There you are." He called out.

The two from afar looked over to the siblings, and saw Hanbee's panic look on his face.

"Hideyoshi-sama." Hanbee called out to his commander. "This is bad. This is bad." He fretted.

Hideyoshi and the girls were lost, wondering what got Hanbee so worked up. They walked over to the entrance of the castle with Hanbee and the others following behind. The massive gates opened up and it revealed a man that has large fox-like ears on his head that were blonde that matched the colour of his long hair. He wore a red visor on his head and his outfit is consisted of a white short-sleeved shirt with a white cape, but inside the cape was red with flowering designs. Black pants with white boots, and he had two katanas strapped to his left waist.

"My name is Kousaka Masanobu, of the Takeda Army." The man introduced himself politely. "I thank you for this opportunity to meet." He said with a smile. Soon, his gaze arrived on Runa, but it was just for a few seconds before she or the others could notice.

"Takeda...?" Runa mumbled, feeling like she heard that name before. Then it hit her. 'He's a vassal for Takeda Shingen...' Her guard went way up after realising what's going on.

"I'm glad I get to meet an esteemed warlord such as yourself." Hideyoshi said, standing in front of his vassals and the girls.

Masanobu chuckled. "I'm honoured."

"What a surprise, though, receiving such a gift out of nowhere. Is it a wedding gift or something?" Hideyoshi pondered with a cheeky grin.

"Huh?" Runa tilted her head in question, curious what Hideyoshi meant.

"You could call it that." Masanobu said with a closed eye smile.

Yuzuki sweatdropped, internally begging to go one day without having to talk about getting married.

"That isn't everything that's on the list, is it?" Toshiie asked.

Masanobu gestured back at the long line of carts outside. "This is just part of it. The rest is at a temple nearby."

Hideyoshi walked forward. "I see. Did you come with any other generals?"

"No. Yamagata Masakage, Naitou Masatoyo, and Baba Nobuharu are here." Masanobu's voice turned a bit serious.

All the names the Takeda vassal stated made the Toyotomi vassals tense, except Runa since she knew why. The names that were called out were Takeda Shingen's other high vassals. When she glanced at Yuzuki, the girl looked more clueless than ever.

Hanbee stepped forward in a haste with his hand gesturing for Masanobu to stop talking. "J-Just a minute." He stuttered before making Yuzuki to turn around like everyone else, forming a circle to talk in private.

Runa saw everything coming so she already had an idea what the conversation was going to be about. So, she slipped out of the circle and casually made her way over to the werewolf.

Masanobu looked down at the raven-haired beauty with a smile.

Runa stared at him, especially his ears with wonder. "Werewolf..." She blurted out. "Can I... touch your ears...?" She asked politely. "They look... soft..."

Masanobu blushed lightly but nodded. He bent down to let her reach them more easily. Runa just stared at him with wonder for a moment before getting on her tippy toes, and reached up for his ears. She gripped the tip of his ears with two of her fingers, rubbing it softly.

A very faded shade of red smeared Runa's cheeks. "Soft..." She mumbled as she let go. "Thank... you..."

Even though she's interacting with him the best she could, her guard was up, and she would call forth her thorns whenever she pleased.

"Is this... a trap...?" Runa asked him bluntly with her usual emotionless face.

Masanobu's eyes widened at the question. He did not expect someone around Runa's age to say that. "No. More like an offering." He told her with a smile.

Runa hummed at the reply. "You were there... weren't you...?" She questioned.

"Huh?" Masanobu was confused.

"When Hideyoshi confronted... Nobunaga back at... the cliff..." Runa explained. "You were hiding... behind a tree... Good view... to watch..."

Masanobu's eyes widened again, shock coursing through him.

Runa yawned, covering her mouth with one hand. "Watch... who you're dealing with..." She warned.

When Runa looked back at the group, Hideyoshi ran passed her and Masanobu while dragging Yuzuki along with him. Hideyoshi hopped on the first horse, that's leading the line of carts, and pulled Yuzuki in front of him.

"We're going to greet him!" Hideyoshi exclaimed, pulling the reins.

Yuzuki held onto him like her life depended on it, since she was surprised at the sudden change of events. One minute they were talking, and the next she was on a horse. The horse neighed as Hideyoshi kicked the horse to gallop and ran off, leaving a trail of dust behind. The others were completely stunned while Runa tried to stop herself from going to bed.

"Why?" Mitsunari questioned, looking at the direction where his supreme commander took off with Yuzuki.

Kanbee just placed a hand on Mitsunari's shoulder and shook his head.

"I like it." Toshiie putted his hands on his hips. "I'm going with them!" He exclaimed with a smirk.

"Me, too." Hanbee raised his parasol in the air with a carefree expression.

"Wait... Does Hideyoshi know... which temple they're at...?" Runa pointed out.

"I'll lead the way." Masanobu sheepishly smiled with a chuckle.

Toshiie, Hanbee and Runa went to the stables and saddled up. They had to let Masanobu borrow one of their horses since Hideyoshi ran off with Masanobu's.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the temple...

It was evening by the time they reached the temple. The setting sun cast golden aura around the temple. Runa was wide awake and walked with the group. She stayed with Hanbee to get some shade from his parasol since she worried her burn mark might get worse.

"I feel like there could be ghost here." Hanbee stated, holding his parasol between himself and Runa.

"Bring it on." Toshiie grinned.

Runa decided to have a little bit of fun. "I never knew... vampires would be scared... of the dead..."

Hanbee flinched and looked down at her with a nervous look. "I-It's not like that." He stuttered.

"Why are you... stuttering...?" Runa questioned, tilting her head to the side.

Hanbee blushed. "I-I'm not. Why are you stuttering?" He countered.

Runa looked ahead, avoiding the question with a somewhat depressed look.

Hanbee realised what he said and looked down to her with a worried expression. "I'm sorry."

"Me too..." Runa mumbled.

She grabbed the vampire's hand and Hanbee intertwined their fingers, keeping a firm grip on each other. Things were still a bit woozy between them, but taking things slow was the first thing they always know when they fight.

"Huh?" Runa thought she heard what sounded like wood clanging together with a couple of grunting sounds here and there. That's when she saw two men fighting each other. One significantly smaller than the other.

The taller one, that's the tallest out of everyone, has dark purple hair with fox-like ears and a tail of a fox to match. The smaller one, who looked to be around Yuzuki's age, has light brown hair that matched his fox ears and tail, except the tips that dyed white.

Nobuharu effortlessly wacked Masakage's wooden sword out of his hands. "I win, Masakage." He declared, lowering his wooden sword, that he held with one hand. "Your attack wasn't bad."

"Damn it!" Masakage complained, stomping the ground with one foot before plopping himself to the ground. "I lost again!" He whined. "I'm winning next time, Nobuharu-san."

"Masakage. Nobuharu-san." Masanobu called out.

Masakage immediately sat up as the group walked over to the duo.

"Oh?" Nobuharu looked over at the girls, who were wedged between all three Toyotomi soldiers. "Are those two girls Runa and Yuzuki?"

"Yeah, so?" Hideyoshi raised a brow, while he, along with Toshiie and Hanbee moved closer to the girls as if they're worried that they would get attacked.

Masakage stood up and ran over to the group as his armour bouncing with every step. He stayed near Nobuharu, staring at the girls, hard. The air started to become intense for a while. 

Before anyone could speak, Runa duck under the vampires' protective arms and slowly walked over to Nobuharu. Runa raised her head up to meet Nobuharu in the eye. "Big..." She blurted out. "Your like... a mountain..."

"Am I that big?" Nobuharu joked, laughing at Runa's statement.

Everyone, except Masakage, laughed at Runa's statement. 

Runa felt the werewolf's guard was down a little, and used her thorns on everyone, pinning everyone to the ground. 

Everyone yelped in surprise when their body was suddenly slammed to the ground. When they tried getting up, something was pinned to their clothes with extreme force, limiting their movements. They managed to turn their heads towards the one person who could do something like this.

"Runa-chan, what are you doing?" Hanbee asked, looking at his younger sister, who was staring down at them with her emotionless face.

"Takeda vassals... if this is a trap... I will use my thorns to... kill you very slowly... And it won't be pretty..." Runa threatened in a calm tone as she gives off an innocent aura around her.

All the werewolves, even the Toyotomi vassals and Yuzuki tensed at the threat. They felt chills running up their spine at how calm Runa was being.

Masakage somehow managed to lift his upper body a bit to get a view of Runa. "O-Oi! Stop this!" He shouted - no, demanded. He couldn't take it anymore!

Runa did as he requested and removed her thorns off of everyone. 

Everyone sighed in relief and started helping each other up, and for some reason, they're having trouble feeling their legs. It's like the thorns numbed their nerves for a moment.

"I can assure you, we mean no harm at all." Nobuharu brushed off what just happened. But he still feel like a thousand swords just stabbed him in the back.

Runa wasn't convinced. They had to prove it to her with not their words, but their actions. As they say, actions speaks louder than words.

"U-Um..." An unknown voice spoke up.

"Huh?!" All the vampires and the girls were a bit startled, but Toshiie got startled the most and they all look behind them.

Behind them was a dark brown-haired man with grey fox ears. He had on a sheepish smile on his face.

Hanbee laughed at everyone's reactions, especially Toshiie's. "Chicken~" He teased.

"Shut up!" Toshiie snapped.

"Masatoyo. Don't creep up on us like that. You shouldn't scare people." Masanobu lectured.

"I wasn't trying to creep up." Masatoyo defended with a slightly embarrassed look.

Then out of nowhere, a sliding door abruptly opened, revealing another werewolf. He had red hair that looked like the colour of flames with dark grey fox ears and tail. He wore a long, one sleeve kimono that was red, but has an orange accent design at the ends. He wore black pants with red boots, a white buttoned, sleeveless shirt underneath his kimono, but he had it unbuttoned at the top.

"What's going on?" He asked. "It looks like you're having fun." His eyes stopped at a certain girl, who's looking at him curiously.

"Are you serious?" Toshiie mumbled, annoyed.

"Well, well. I never heard that the supreme commander himself would come to greet us." Hideyoshi smirked.

'Supreme commander?' Runa stared at the new werewolf until it clicked. 'This man is Takeda Shingen?!'

Shingen chuckled, placing his left hand on his hip. "Yeah? Sorry about that."

"Um..." Yuzuki muttered, not knowing who he was.

"You don't know him?" Masakage questioned in disbelief. He also felt offended. "That's Takeda Shingen-sama!" He exclaimed.

"Huh?! Takeda Shingen-san?" Yuzuki looked surprised to meet another famous warlord that has the same name from her world.

Shingen laughed. "Relax. Why don't we have some drinks?" He suggested.

"Huh?" Before Runa could think, the next thing she knew was that they were all inside the temple with trays of food before them.

Runa sat between Toshiie and Hanbee. Opposite her was Masanobu and Nobuharu, well, technically she's between the four. 

Runa kept staring at her food with curiosity. She knows they're having red snapper fish, by the smell. There's also rice with miso soup and other variety of side dishes. She also had a cup of sake on her tray, which she didn't dare touch. She wasn't hungry at all. Runa was more bothered by the fact that her burns were beginning to bother her, and she started to feel like she wanted to vomit.

"Are you okay?" Masanobu noticed how uncomfortable she was and how sick she looked. He thought she was coming down with something since she looked so pale.

Runa nodded. 'No... I'm not... I feel sick...' She quickly got to her feet.

Everyone's attention turned to the raven-haired beauty when she abruptly stood up out of nowhere.

"I'll... be outside..." Runa told them. She could feel a bead of sweat rolling down her cheek.

Shingen nodded. "Alright. Don't wander too far. And if you need anything, you know where to find us."

Runa nodded before going outside. She walked out towards the courtyard, making sure she's at a distance from everyone. When Runa felt like she's far away from the group, she ran to a nearby tree near the woods and started coughing, puking out any food she ate the past few days.

"*Cough!*Cough!*Cough!*" Runa covered her mouth to muffle the noise if it wasn't that someone followed her.

"I knew it!"

"Eh?" Runa jumped slightly and swiftly twisted her body to find Hanbee behind her with his parasol out. "Han... bee...?" She felt sick again. Runa quickly turned her head back to the woods and started puking again. "*Cough!*Cough!*"

Hanbee rushed over to her and rubbed her back in a soothing rhythm. He noticed she looked more pale than usual since the afternoon, but didn't got the chance to ask. He digged into his kimono sleeve until he got what he wanted, and held it out to Runa.

"Huh...?" Runa turned her head and saw it was a riceball. She was so lost.

"Eat it." Hanbee instructed. "You'll feel better." He winked.

Runa knew what he meant and was surprised he did that. "Thank you..." She accepted the riceball and slowly ate it, savouring the taste.

"You can take your time." Hanbee softly said, watching her eat. "Hm?" His eyes then trailed to the bandaged arm. He was curious about it when he saw it in the afternoon.

"It's good..." Runa mumbled, swallowing the last bite. "Thank you..."

Hanbee smiled. "It was nothing. That's what big brothers do." He chuckled.

Runa blushed slightly. "You're a good... brother..." He quietly commented.

The two walked back to the room and when they opened the door, all attention went to Runa and Hanbee. Runa smelled a lot of alcohol coming off of Toshiie and Yuzuki just looked lost.

"Did you finish what you needed to do?" Shingen asked.

"Yes." Hanbee responded before he and Runa went back to their spot and sat down.

As Runa sat down, it was then the werewolves noticed the glinting light coming from the strapped dagger she had on her left thigh.

"What is that?" Masakage asked.

"Huh?" Runa was confused.

"The thing strapped to your thigh." Nobuharu said. He was curious why Runa was wearing a blindfold.

"It's my... dagger..." Runa told them, pulling out her dagger. The handle was made of wood and the blade was forest green. It looked like a toy in anyone's eyes, but if you looked closely, you could tell the blade was made of metal.

"It looks completely different to the ones we have." Masanobu told Shingen. He turned to the girl. "Where did you get it?"

Runa looked down at her dagger before putting it away. "I..." She paused. "... made it..." She whispered.

"You made it?!" Masakage exclaimed in disbelief.

"Hmm?" A drunken Toshiie looked over at Yuzuki's tray. "You haven't had anything to drink." He pointed out, leaning close to her.

"I can't drink." Yuzuki answered. She was underage and she respected the boundaries.

"Alright, forget the drunken guy." Hideyoshi said, pulling Yuzuki closer to him.

"Hideyoshi..." Toshiie blinked. He looked like he just got rejected. He then suddenly turned around and clung onto Hanbee, who got startled, along with Runa getting squished between them in the process.

"Hanbee~~!" Toshiie whined.

"Geez, you're so drunk." Hanbee complained, trying to drink peacefully. He also felt sorry for the drunken vampire because he knew Runa was going to get violent. And he was right.

Runa got startled and frightened at the sudden contact, and before anyone could blink, she punched Toshiie in the stomach. 

Toshiie got put back in his place with a painful, and sick expression.

"I'm glad you like it." Masanobu smiled at them, amused at what Runa just did. She's a lot stronger than she looks.

"You'll find that all of our sake and food are good." Masakage bragged.

"We have plenty. Drink up." Shingen beamed.

Runa stared openly at his ears. Then again, who would notice since she's wearing a blindfold. She really wants to get a closer look and couldn't help but desperately want to touch them.

Shingen's ears twitched when he realised that Runa was looking at them.

He turned to her. "Oh? Is this your first time seeing a werewolf?" He asked.

Runt's gaze went down to his eyes. "No... I've meet a werewolf... when I was... younger... You are... the first... group..." She slowly explained.

"Werewolf?" Yuzuki repeated.

"One of the Gegga Tribes." Masanobu explained.

"The Gegga Tribes aren't just vampires, huh?" She questioned.

"You really don't know anything, do you?" Masakage pointed out, leaning forward slightly. "Where did you grow up to become so sheltered?" He asked.

"Stop that." Shingen demanded, putting his hand on top of the werewolf's head. "Man, you're scaring them."

"Sorry for him." Nobuharu said. "Masakage is an innocent man who's never even felt female skin. He doesn't know how to treat a lady." He explained. "I hope you'll forgive him."

"Right." Yuzuki said.

"I don't need to know!" Masakage stammered, blushing as he huffed and fold his arms.

The look the girls had on did not go unnoticed by the Gegga Tribe members.

Shingen laughed and turned back to Runa. "You can touch my ears, if you're that curious."

"So that's how you get them." Hideyoshi mumbled with a frown, narrowing his eyes at the other commander.

"'Get them'?" Yuzuki questioned, turning to Hideyoshi.

"Looks... soft..." Runa whispered into Shingen's wolf ears, startling not only him but Masakage half to death.

"How the hell did you do that?!" He shouted, feeling his heart just skipped a beat when Runa appeared out of nowhere.

"I walked..." Runa simply answered. With no presence, she can sneak up to someone without much effort. She turned her attention to Shingen and sat down beside him. She reached over to rub Shingen's ears.

Shingen doesn't mind at all. He tilted his head towards her so she could reach more easily.

"They're soft..." Runa blushed at the touch. Shingen's ears were warm and smooth. "Just... like Masanobu's..."

Shingen laughed as he wrapped an arm around her waist, allowing her to sit on his lap sideways.

Runa tensed up a little but when she noticed the non-hostile look in his eyes, she relaxed against him, but still had her guard up, and played with his ears. Runa felt Hideyoshi's envious gaze and remembered something a friend said to her. 'So he's the jealous type...' She thought.

Runa continued to play with Shingen's ears, going as far as rubbing behind his ears. A low rumbling came out of his throat and her curiosity grew. From behind his figure, a wagging tail keeps hitting the ground lightly.

Hideyoshi turned to Yuzuki. "Yuzuki, you must be tired."

Yuzuki gave him a confused look.

Hideyoshi smiled. "It always shows in your face." He looked over her towards the cross dresser. "Hanbee."

"Hm?" Hanbee looked turned to his commander and they shared a silent conversation before he smiled. "Okay~" He got up and walked over to the now sick Toshiie, and the confused Yuzuki, a hand on each of their shoulders. "Let's go, Yuzuki-chan." He told her.

Toshiie let out a groan.

"You, too, Toshiie." Hanbee added before he helped Toshiie up and with Yuzuki, they all went outside.

Runa's gaze remained on them until they left. She looked at Hideyoshi and found him staring at her. She knows that look. Runa got up from Shingen's lap and walked over to the vampire, plopping herself beside him.

Hideyoshi wrapped an arm around Runa's waist and picked her up, putting her on his lap.

The others all laughed quietly. They noticed his jealousy bright and clear.

"So, what's the real business?" Hideyoshi questioned. His face turned serious. "This sake isn't free, is it?" He asked.

Shingen smirked.

◇◇◇◇◇

Meanwhile...

The three went outside and let Toshiie sat down on one of the rocks in the garden. Toshiie wasn't looking so good.

Hanbee had his parasol out and sighed at the sight of Toshiie's condition. "Geez. You drank way too much." Hanbee blamed him.

"I'll get some water." Yuzuki suggested before walking off.

"Thanks." Hanbee smiled, watching her retreating form.

◇◇◇◇◇

Yuzuki walked around, trying to find like a well or something containing water. Then she spotted Masatoyo nearby. He was sitting on his knees, staring at a basin full of water and three glass bottles.

"Um..." Yuzuki called out, startling Masatoyo in the process.

He turned around and sighed in relief. "Oh, it's you. I'm usually the one scaring people. It's kind of new being scared myself."

Yuzuki blinked before smiling down at him. "Um. May I have some water?" She asked.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the same time...

"An alliance?" Hideyoshi questioned.

Runa wasn't surprised at this. She saw it coming through her dreams. She was laying on the floor, staring at the Takeda vassals upside down. Runa swayed her legs back and forth in the air childishly.

"Yeah. Yuzuki's blood has the same power as Himemiko's, does it not?" Shingen questioned. "To us Gegga Tribes, it can be either a threat or an asset. There's no way Nobunaga would turn a blind eye to it. If she were to be taken, even Runa..." Shingen looked down at Runa, who's staring at him with curiosity. "... because of her powers and surprising tactics, he will definitely target her as well. She may not have Himemiko's blood-" Shingen paused for a moment before looking at Runa again. "Runa." He called out.

"Hm?" Runa hummed.

"I don't want to sound demanding, but..." Shingen narrowed his eyes. "Does your blood has the same power as Himemiko's?"

Runa stopped swinging her legs. "That's for me to know... and for you all... to find out..." She firmly stated with seriousness.

"Even so, you're still a target." Shingen pressed. He turned back to meet Hideyoshi in the eye. "If either one of them were to be taken, we, and Shinga, would fall to the Oda Army." He explained.

"You make it sound like... the Oda Army... was trying to take over... Shinga..." Runa mumbled, rolling on her stomach. "If Nobunaga... was heartless... he would tell his vassals... to drink from her... whenever..."

Hideyoshi and the others tensed at her statement.

"But..." Runa continued. "He wouldn't waste... such valuable power... at random... However... if he tried to take me... I'll kill him... before he could blink..." Runa sat up. "Thorns..." Three black needle thorns appeared above her palm and she aimed them at the hole in the door. "Eliminate..." She ordered. She made the thorns fly in a straight line, one behind the other as each of them flew across the room with lightning speed, shooting right through the hole.

All the men stared in amazement between the hole and Runa. 'How the hell does she do that?' They thought. They also wondered how she managed to see the hole when she's clearly wearing a blindfold.

"Besides... I've got... some tea on him..." Runa plopped her back to the floor again.

"'Tea'?" Nobuharu questioned with furrowed brows.

"It means... I know a secret... something I shouldn't know..." Runa explained.

"How?" Shingen asked. He's really curious about her. There's something about Runa that seemed really off; she was full of mysteries.

But Runa refused to answer the question. She doesn't want to talk about it. No, she's refusing to talk about it.

◇◇◇◇◇

Outside the temple...

"Water, water..." Masatoyo muttered, sniffing one of the bottles.

While the werewolf was doing that, Yuzuki roamed around the well. When she saw the backside of the building, Yuzuki saw what looked like a wooden container carelessly leaning against the wall.

Curiosity getting the better of her, Yuzuki walked over to the wall and picked up the wooden container. She shook it and heard something rattling inside. Wanting to know who it belongs to, Yuzuki walked back to Masatoyo, showing him the container.

"Is this your..."

Before she could finish her sentence, Yuzuki tripped over the glassed bottles and started to fall, but Masatoyo catched her before she hits the ground. However, the sudden movements broke all the glassed bottles as Yuzuki unconsciously dropped the container, and the tub of water flipped. The water drowned the duo and splashed onto the floor.

"I'm sorry." Yuzuki apologised when she saw how soaked Masatoyo was. "I'll find something to dry you off."

"No, I'm fine." Masatoyo shook his head with a smile, shaking the water off of him. "Are you okay, Yuzuki-san?" He asked before he gasped when his gaze trailed down to the soaked pavements.

"Huh?" Yuzuki was confused at first before she looked down herself. She gasped. The container that she had was on the ground, opened and what looked like dark green pills were scattered everywhere.

◇◇◇◇◇

Inside the temple...

"I want to protect my people. This alliance would be of merit to the Toyotomi Army as well, would it not?" Shingen questioned.

Hideyoshi let out a short sigh.

Runa glanced at him. 'So, he had a feeling that sooner or later that allying with other armies could be beneficial.' She thought, studying the vampire's body language. 'But I doubt his pride would let him.' She shifted her gaze to the werewolves.

"Nope." Hideyoshi answered.

This caught their attention by surprise as Runa deadpanned when her prediction came true.

"How dare you turn down Shingen-sama's offer!" Masakage exclaimed angrily, ready to lunge at the Toyotomi commander.

"Masakage." Shingen extended his hand out, halting Masakage from attacking the commander.

The werewolf looked at his leader and sat back down in defeat.

"Hideyoshi, from what I've heard, you're looking to defeat Nobunaga. We can aid you. Not even then?" Shingen negotiated.

"Yeah." Hideyoshi looked at Shingen seriously. "I'm not handing Yuzuki or Runa over to anyone, and I'm going to be the one to unify Shinga." He stood up, placing a hand on his hip as he looked down at Shingen, jerking his thumb at himself. "I'm going to be the one to defeat Nobunaga." He declared. "Otherwise, what's the point?" He smirked knowingly.

"Nothing..." Runa whispered inaudiblely.

Shingen chuckled in defeat. "Alright. Sorry for the silly proposal."

Masatoyo appeared into the room and knelt down beside his leader. "Shingen-sama, I apologise for interrupting your discussion." He whispered.

Shingen turned to him. "What is it?"

"You can discuss whatever this is about someplace else." Hideyoshi told them. "I'm going to bed." He excused himself and went out of the room.

"You should get some rest, too, Runa-san." Masanobu told her with a smile.

Runa shook her head as she sat up. "I'm... fine..." She and the werewolves got up from their seats and went outside. 

Runa immediately admire the moon's beauty, how it shines well the stars, bringing peace to Shinga. She looked back down when she realised they went to the well and saw Yuzuki, who looked a bit soaked. Now that Runa got a better look, Masatoyo's clothes looked a bit soaked as well. There were also some mud near the well and shards of shimmering glass.

"I'm sorry." Masatoyo apologised as he showed the group an empty wooden container.

'Medicine...?' Runa wondered. She could smell pills from the container.

"I wasn't paying attention, and I spilled the pills." Masatoyo explained.

"It was my fault." Yuzuki hastily defended. She didn't want Masatoyo to get into trouble for something she did. "I'll pay for it."

'Do you have the right kind of money?' Runa questioned, stargazing again.

"It's fine." Shingen smiled. "It's my fault for hiding them there."

That left Yuzuki and Masatoyo surprised at the sudden confession.

"Shingen-sama?" Masanobu smiled at Shingen.

Shingen flinched.

"You're... in... trouble..." Runa bluntly stated, switching her stargazing for the guilty Takeda commander. She knows the smile Masanobu was giving his commander. He was angry. Runa gets that kind of smile from her mother when she refused to take her medications when she was sick.

Nobuharu looked at Shingen with a scowl, and Masakage looked at Shingen with a surprised look. And Shingen looked at Masanobu with a nervous expression.

"Oh, no, I wasn't hiding them." Shingen fretted.

"You... just said... you did..." Runa countered.

Shingen flinched. "I just kind of forgot them there."

"Shingen-sama." Masanobu pressed on with that smile still on his face.

"I'm really sorry, Masanobu." Shingen apologised as he clapped his hands together in an apologetic way.

"You did it... on purpose..." Runa accused with a blank look.

Shingen looked down at her with a red face, knowing he was caught and laughed nervously.

"I'm sorry, I ruined your precious medicine." Yuzuki apologised.

"It's fine." Masanobu assured. "They're just supplements."

"Yeah, I don't even need them." Shingen added with a grin.

Masanobu shot his commander with a warning glare.

Shingen just cleared his throat nervously, suddenly finding the stars more interesting.

"What should we do?" Nobuharu asked.

"We should prepare some medicine, even of we're returning to the castle." Masanobu replied.

Masatoyo walked closer to them. "We just need the prescribed herbs." He added.

"I'll find them." Masakage volunteered.

"Um..." Yuzuki spoke up.

The werewolves and Runa looked at her curiously.

"Huh?" Runa wondered why Yuzuki looked so serious all of a sudden.

"I'll help, too." Yuzuki blurted out with determination.

That surprised the werewolves whereas Runa let out an inaudible sigh. She hissed slightly when her burns were bothering her again. 

After that announcement, Shingen told everyone to get some sleep. 

That's the one thing Runa can't do.

Runa went to her room, changing into her kimono before grabbing her pillow and went to a corner, plopping herself to the floor. She hugged her pillow tightly close to her chest as she buried her face in the marshmallow, allowing the darkness to consume her and sooth the headache she had. The darkness seemed to always be the best cure for her aches.

*Knock*Knock*

"Huh?" Runa looked at her door in wonder. 'Who could be up at this hour?' 

"Runa-chan, it's me." Hanbee's voice muffled through the door. "Can I come in?"

The girl's tense shoulders relaxed. "Y-Yes..."

The door sliced open and Hanbee walked in, already in his kimono. He also let his hair loose, showing off how silky it was just like Runa's. Hanbee closed the door and stared down at her. "What are you doing sitting there?" He asked, pretending to be clueless.

Runa looked down.

"Can't sleep?" Hanbee smiled softly, walking over to her.

"Y-You always... know..." Runa mumbled through her pillow.

Hanbee chuckled. "Come on." He said, gesturing to the empty futon mat that had been laid out in the middle of the room. "You should get some sleep. You are exhausted." He grabbed her hand and pulled Runa up before walking over to the futon bed. 

They both got under the covers and Hanbee pulled Runa into his arms, burying his face in her raven silky hair, breathing in her scent that eased his mind.

"Why...?" Runa whispered out of the blue.

"Eh?" Hanbee pulled Runa back slightly to see her staring at him with a guilt.

"Why... are you doing... this...?" She asked, being more specific.

Hanbee furrowed his brows. "What brought this up?" He asked softly.

"Why do you... want to look... after me...?" Runa asked. "Whether at home... or here... you, and Onee-chan always have... a hard time... looking after me..." Her voice kept getting quieter and quieter with each word spilling out of her mouth, but she knows Hanbee could hear her because his ears were sharp. 

The vampire smiled. "Don't worry about it. I have my reasons too." He told her.

"Reasons...?" Runa questioned, curious.

Hanbee stammered, troubled to answer the question. "You don't have to worry about them. I want to look after you." He smiled as he began stroking her hair. "I love you. Nee-chan loves you. Everyone back home loves you. That will never change." He pressed his forehead against hers with his eyes closed.

Runa was frozen in place. What was this warm feeling in her chest? Was her blood boiling? No, the moon was out. A fever? - She feels fine. An emotion...? Then what?: Fear?; Anxiety?; Confusion?; An emotion Runa had forgotten? It had to be. She was so focused on the task she was given and was in such a daze so often, she hadn't paid much attention to anything the Gegga Tribes do in their spare time. 

A river of tears rained down her cheeks, unknowingly letting her sad emotions she's been bottling up for who knows how long. Runa clung onto Hanbee's kimono as he stroked her head, whispering soothing words in her ear until she fell asleep in his arms, feeling at ease in his arms for the first time in the country. 

And for once, no nightmares.

◇◇◇◇◇

The next morning...

Runa found herself waking up from the stinging sensation from the bright lights coming through the sliding doors. She hissed in pain and immediately sat up, backing away to the comforting shadows. Runa looked at her left arm to see it freshly bandaged.

"When did I...?" Runa mumbled, confused. Then the memories of what happened last night came flooding back. Runa relaxed when she remembered the soothing words from Hanbee as he let her cry her pain out. "Nii-chan..." She whispered. "Thank you..." She really did feel better after that.

Taking a nice deep breath, Runa got up and changed out of her kimono. She tidied up the room before walking out, shutting the door behind her. She passed multiple rooms, trying to find someone. Runa saw Shingen's blazing aura trail and followed it, leading her to the garden. She saw Shingen and the others staring at the forest.

'Right. Masakage and that girl went to get the prescribed herbs.' Runa thought. Before she could walk over to them, Runa stopped in her tracks when she heard them talking. Having no presence, she's practically invisible.

◇◇◇◇◇

"Is it really safe to leave this to them?" Masatoyo questioned.

"We don't even know our way around here." Masanobu pointed out. "I'm sure they'll fare better."

"Don't say it like that, Masanobu." Shingen said.

"Still, the pills are supposed to be a secret." Nobuharu reminded them. "We're the only ones in the Takeda Army who know about them. If the Toyotomi Army were to find out..."

◇◇◇◇◇

Runa looked at Shingen in wonder when she heard him coughing, while it striping a big reaction from the trio.

◇◇◇◇◇

"Shingen-sama!" They exclaimed.

"I just chocked a little." Shingen soothed. "Don't worry."

The vassals looked at their commander with sad expressions.

"Please, Shingen." Nobuharu was not buying it. "We still need you to be our supreme commander."

Masanobu and Masatoyo nodded in agreement.

"Yeah." Shingen said. "I don't plan to just keel over and die."

◇◇◇◇◇

'Sick...' Runa thought with a knowing look and at the same time, she stared at the werewolves with a blank expression. Runa shook her head and opened the door with a soft yawn. Even if she slept, or no matter how much she sleeps, she's always tired.

All four werewolves turned to face her.

"Good... morning...." Runa calmly greeted.

"Good morning." Masanobu greeted back, smiling. "Did you sleep well last night?"

"Hm." Runa nodded before going to the darkest corner and sat down, curling herself into a ball.

"What is the matter?" Masatoyo asked.

"Sunburn..." Runa whispered.

"You get sunburn that easily?" Masanobu asked, surprised to learn how sensitive her skin was.

"Y-Yes..."

"That would explain the bandages on your arm." Shingen plopped himself beside her.

Runa pressed her back against the wall as she backed away from the commander like a traumatised child. And her fear didn't go unnoticed by the werewolves.

"Are you okay?" Masanobu asked, worried why the girl got so scared all of a sudden.

"Y-Y-Yes..." Runa stammered.

But none of the werewolves bought it. Something is really scaring her.

"Well, would you like some breakfast?" Masanobu asked, changing the subject.

Runa shook her head.

"You're not hungry?" Nobuharu raised a brow in disbelief. He noticed she didn't touched her food last night and she didn't want anything now. He wondered if the raven-haired beauty even eats.

"No... appetite..." Runa said as she buried half of her face in her knees.

"You can use magic, right? Can you show us?" Masanobu asked.

That's when Runa's face twisted in fear.

"Runa?" Shingen questioned. What got her so scared all of a sudden?

Runa wrapped her arms around herself as her body shook. She began taking short, quick breaths as a bead of sweat rolled down her cheek. She kept hearing this ringing sound in her ears, blocking the vassals' words in front of her.

"Runa?" Shingen placed a hand on her shaking shoulder, and that's when Runa screamed and rushed to the other side of the room.

The werewolves were speechless at her actions.

Runa took deep breaths and relaxed her body. "S-Sorry..."

"What's wrong?" Shingen asked as he got to his feet.

Runa let her back hit against the wall again and slided down and balled herself once again. "I..." She started.

"You don't have to tell us." Nobuharu told her. She looked so shaken up and they didn't want her to force herself to tell them.

Runa inhaled a shaky breath and exhaled nervously. "I... don't do well... in wars..." She explained. "As I get older... people important to me... went far away... and before I knew it..." Runa turned to face the colourless mountain. "The world had... lost its colours..."

The world had lost its colours? What does that mean? The Takeda vassals were so confused at the explanation.

"And..." Runa continued. She looked down and let her bangs shadowed her blindfold. "I can't stand Astral Powers... I hate it..." She clenched her hands into fists to the point her hands turned more white than they're already were.

The others felt sorry for her. They can't believe Runa would say something like that. But then again, a battlefield isn't a place for a girl to be wandering about. 

For the rest of the day, they talked about random things. There were times Runa fell asleep during the conversations and the werewolves took turns taking care of her like she was their baby sister. They could also see why Hanbee was so fond of her: Runa was adorable; Innocent like a newborn child; Pure - All traits of a young Goddess landing in their world of war.

◇◇◇◇◇

Later that day...

The vermilion skies bathed Shinga with its warmth as Runa woke up in time to see Masakage, Hideyoshi and Yuzuki came running up the temple like something was chasing them. Runa had some suspicion that they got chased by angry bees since she could smell honeycombs coming from Yuzuki's shoes.

'Airhead.' Runa deadpanned. She couldn't believe how careless the girl was around nature. 'Right... City girl...' She then turned her gaze to the pouch on Masakage's hip. 'Weren't they looking for medical herbs?'

Runa doesn't like being invasive when it's not needed. But there are times that is needed, like how she learned what type of medical herbs Masakage got that 'should' treat Shingen's illness. Runa knew what it was and how to treat it. When she sniffed what type of herbs they've got, she was confused as to why they got that kind. Their effects never lasted long and they aren't the type to use for an illness like Shingen's.

The three were taking deep breaths like they just ran a marathon, and they were covered in dirt from head to toe.

"Wah. You're in tatters." Hanbee said with a surprised look.

"Good work, Masakage. You'll leave a mark on Yuzuki-san's wrist if you hold it so hard." Masanobu commented with an amused smile on his face.

Runa looked down and saw that Masakage was holding Yuzuki's wrist rather firmly.

The werewolf was still catching his breath until he noticed that he was holding her, after Masanobu's comment. Masakage quickly let go of her with his cheeks smeared terribly red.

Runa tilled her head in curiosity while Masanobu and Nobuharu were smiling at his reaction.

"How does it feel to touch a woman's skin for the first time?" Nobuharu asked, teasingly.

Masakage blushed even harder than before and bolted off, while letting out a cry of embarrassment. "Gonna go clear my mind!" He shouted.

"I'm sure he'll be back when he gets hungry." Masanobu said as they watch Masakage running down the hill.

◇◇◇◇◇

Later that evening...

While Yuzuki went to help Masanobu on making the medicine as everyone else went to do their own thing, Runa secretly made her way towards the forest to find the kind of herb she's looking for. But with how colourless everything is to her, it would be difficult.

*Rustle*Rustle*

"Huh?" Runa turned to the bushes to find a small yellow fox cub with green accents of leaves, and grey eyes.

"Mm?" Runa stared at it with wonder. The colour of the fox was so beautiful. So majestic.

The fox gestured its head towards a plant that's growing between some tree roots above the ground.

"Is that... the plant...?" Runa asked, walking up to it.

The fox walked over to the plant and bent its head down towards the plant as it watched Runa walking towards it. The raven-haired beauty bent down and gently pulled the plant from the ground and placed it in her pouch.

"Thank you." Runa gently rubbed the fox behind the ear.

Runa walked back down to the temple, and went back inside the temple, walking around the halls quietly. She found the kitchen and beamed. Shutting the door behind her, she got to work on making the medicine. She was glad her sister figure taught her how to make it. With all the herbs she has, Runa mashed them into a paste but before she formed them into balls, she poured in some manuka honey. She learned that just not only it sweetened the taste, it also gives the effects a little boost.

Runa let the pills sit to harden for about 5 minutes before she used the wooden container she swiped from Masatoyo, and put them inside. When she was done, Runa put the container in a box and found Masanobu walking out of a room. She sniffed the air and caught Yuzuki's scent in the room Masanobu left.

"So that's where... they mashed the herbs..." Runa mumbled.

Masanobu went in the opposite direction Runa was going in. She waited for him to disappear and snuck into the room. Runa swapped the boxes and made a dash for the forest. She buried the box under some bushes that would never be found, hidden it out of existence.

Runa isn't as prideful as the warlords but she can be serious when needed. She didn't mind being seen as a kind person. But there are times she didn't like being compared to strangers. However, she can be sneaky and very silent a lot.

'She should be grateful I'm letting her take the credit.' Runa huffed in annoyance.

After she made sure the box was nicely hidden, Runa made her way back to the temple and stare at her reflection in the small pond in the garden.

"Runa."

Runa turned around to see Shingen, who was beckoning her over, sitting at the edge of the wooden floor. Runa went over to him and sat down beside him.

Shingen then handed her a plate.

"What's... this...?" Runa asked, looking down at the dessert."

(Runa's view of the dessert.)

"It's mochi drizzled with soybean flour and honey." Shingen replied.

Runa stared at the treat, unsure to eat it or not. "It... looks... sweet..." She blurted out, sniffing it.

"Right?" Shingen ate one.

"Why did you... leave your supplements... where you did...?" Runa asked, turning to him, pretending not to know about his illness.

Shingen chuckled. "Those pills work great, but they're bitter as hell."

'Probably because the herbs' effect is only temporary.' Runa thought, sweatdropping. 'Good thing I added that honey.' "Hate... bitter...?" She asked.

"I'd be lying if I said I did." Shingen told her. "Yet Masatoyo and the others tell me, 'Good medicine is bitter to the mouth', and they make it even more bitter. Geez." He groaned.

Runa hummed.

Shingen stared at the raven-haired beauty for a moment. "Why did you tell us you don't do well in wars?" He wondered. "We're enemies, you know."

Runa looked up at him with a blank expression. She knew he would bring that up. She looked back at the dessert on her lap. "That's right... We're enemies... But..." She looked at the colourless mountain. "The way you... looked at Hideyoshi... He and you... not enemies..." She told him.

"'Share salt, even with your enemies'." Shingen quoted.

Runa tilted her head in curiosity.

"You're just like him."

"Him?" Runa questioned.

"Uesugi Kenshin." Shingen replied. "You could say he's my most worthy rival."

"Uesugi... Kenshin..." Runa mumbled, pretending to be clueless.

"They call him the War God. He's a genius at warfare. He really is incredible. He puts me through severe trials in each of our battles. We've been ending in draws so far..." Shingen stood up, staring into the sky with confidence. "... but I want to be better than him one day. Protecting my territorial allies and my people is a big part of why I fight, of course, but I just want to win. As a man who dedicates himself to battle."

"Then he should... be glad... he has a good... rival..." Runa complimented.

Shingen turned to her in surprise.

"You're an honourable man, Shingen... I hate wars... but I know a lot of different types of battles... You can tell if you're an enemy... or a friend..." Runa turned to the commander. "You're... Hideyoshi's... ally..."

Shingen was surprised for two seconds before he started laughing. His shoulders shaking with his laughter. "You're adorable, you know?"

Runa knew he didn't know what he just said, so she just stared blankly at him.

"Runa."

Runa looked behind her to see Nobuharu behind her.

"Hanbee is calling for you." He told her.

Runa perked up and nodded. She put her plate down and gave a small bow at Shingen. "Thank you.. for the snack..." She said, then walked out of the room. As she walked, she could hear their conversation.

◇◇◇◇◇

"Are you becoming attached to her?" Nobuharu asked after he made sure Runa was out of the eavesdropping point.

"Nobuharu-san. It's nothing like that." Shingen said. He glanced at the untouched mochi Runa left beside him. 'She didn't even take one bite.'

"Really?" Nobuharu wasn't convinced. "It seems she would be a good kid for you."

"I've decided... I won't marry. That means I won't have kids."

◇◇◇◇◇

"Where have I... heard this...?" Runa wondered. "Oh, right... It's like... that time..."

Flashback:

The flames around the forest burnt those who were thrown in there. Three figures stood motionlessly as they stared blankly at the cries from the young children, that were screaming in agony.

"They're monsters!" A woman screamed in fear before she got beheaded.

"They're monsters from hell!" A man yelled before he got kicked into the sea of flames.

"Whoever gave birth to them are monsters!" Another shouted, crying for the loss of his kids.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the same time...

"What a pain." One of the figure boredly said.

"They're hypocrites." The second figure stated, staring blankly at the flames.

"Humans will never understand." The third figure angrily growled, glaring deadly to the lifeless bodies.

Flashback ended:

Runa shook her head, burning the memories out of her mind as she wiped any tears that managed to escape her eyes. 'I shouldn't let these Gegga Tribes get to my head.' She told herself. 'Don't let these feelings hurt you or anyone else again.' She found Hanbee and Toshiie talking and walked up to them. 

Hanbee immediately took the girl into his room, shutting the door in Toshiie's face. He grabbed the medical kit and sat down. Runa let him undid her bandages and watch him gently applying the ointment on her burns.

"I still can't believe you didn't tell me." Hanbee complained as he put more ointment on his hands.

"I... don't want you... to worry..." Runa said.

"As your brother, it is my responsibility to look after you." Hanbee reminded her.

"I'm sorry..." Runa apologised.

Hanbee wrapped Runa's arm with care then brushed off any dust from her shoulders, and smiled at her. "All done." He said.

"Thank you." Runa got to her feet and proceed to the door.

"Runa-chan." Hanbee called out.

"Yes?" Runa turned around to face the vampire.

"If you get those burns again, please don't be afraid to tell me, alright?" Hanbee told her.

Runa nodded. "Okay..."

Runa opened the door and proceed to walk out of the room, shutting the door behind her and walked towards the room, where all of the Takeda Army generals were. She slided the door open and walked in to find Shingen staring intently at the tray before.

They noticed Runa walked in and gave her kind smiles.

"Now, Shingen-sama, a girl made that for you with all her heart." Masanobu stated with a smile. "Please take it."

Shingen protested a little. "I don't know. Pills?"

"Are you really going to refuse to take something a girl made for you?" Nobuharu asked with his arms crossed.

"Don't worry, Nobuharu-san." Masakage assured. "Shingen-sama is an honourable man."

"Indeed." Masanobu said. "Shingen-sama will take it without hesitation."

Masatoyo nodded in agreement with his usual smile.

Runa could tell the vassals were really enjoying this. They had no idea she switched the pills. They thought Yuzuki had made it since she helped Masanobu. And Shingen was really getting a little irritated by the way his brow was twitching.

"You guys are enjoying this, aren't you?" Shingen grumbled before sighing. "Damn it, fine. Here we go, then." He picked up one of the pills and swallowed it. His eyes widened in surprise. "What the heck? It isn't bitter."

Everyone, except Runa, was surprised at the statement. She kept a blank face like she didn't do anything, unless if it wasn't for the fact she did a quick glance at the pills that went unnoticed. Well, that's what she thought.

Masanobu managed to catch it before it disappeared, and he narrowed his eyes gently. 'Did she do something?' He wondered.

Runa stood up from where she sat and went outside. 

Masanobu excused himself from the room and followed after her, shortly followed by Nobuharu. They found Runa on her knees, staring blankly at the pond in the garden.

"Runa-chan?"

Runa turned her upper body around and saw the two werewolves.

Masanobu walked over to her and kneels down beside her. "I saw that look." He said.

Runa avoid his gaze.

"I was wondering why it looked so unaffected. Did you do something?" Masanobu asked her.

"Does it... matter...?" Runa shot back.

"It depends what you did to those pills." Nobuharu countered.

Runa finally gave in. "I... switched them... with my own... recipe..." She told them, staring at her reflection. "It... works... better..."

"Why?" Nobuharu asked, sitting next to her.

"Reasons..." Runa told him, looking emotionlessly at her reflection. "You don't... need to... know them..."

The two werewolves were wondering why she was being so secretive, and why she looked so... empty. They've never came across a girl who looked like a porcelain doll with so little emotion. Something they do not expect from a young girl. Runa was like an emotionless soldier like she was forced to get rid of them. Did something happened to her? 

There was a heavy silence between the three until Nobuharu broke it. 

"How did you changed it?" He asked.

"Different... herb..." Runa replied. "Add honey... to get it down... Works good... in tea... too..."

"You must know a lot about medicine, huh?"

Runa jumped at the voice behind her. She squirmed to her feet before turning her body around, and to find the other werewolves walking up to her.

Masakage walked over to her.

"Thank you, Runa." Shingen walked up to her and puts a hand on her head, ruffling her hair a little bit. "You're really nice." He complimented her.

Runa was unaffected by the comment. She just stayed still like a statue and stared blankly at the Takeda commander. "I'm not... being nice..." She firmly stated. Tried.

"Really?" Shingen has a teasing smirk on his face. "Why did you do it then?"

"Toleration..." Runa glared at him through her blindfold.

Everyone could tell she truly means it.

"Your pill was actually really good." Shingen confessed. "I never thought you'd be able to make one."

"Ivy-nee-chan... taught me..." Runa told him. She looked at the colourless stars. "She's smart... with medicine... plants... their affects... and knows how to treat poison..."

"That is really impressive." Yuzuki commented.

"'Ivy'?" Nobuharu arched a brow. He wondered if that's the sister's name. It was a name that doesn't sound to belong to Shinga. Was this girl foreign? Or a friend Runa sees as a sister? But now that Nobuharu got a good look at her, Runa looked a it foreign herself. "You must be pretty smart to understand all that for someone your age." He commented, returning to the topic to ponder his thoughts later.

"I can.... eliminate you..." Runa reminded him, creating some thorns around her in a threatening manner.

It was obvious that the werewolves had grown on her, despite her attempts in murdering them. It was rather cute in their opinion.

"That just makes you even more important." Nobuharu admitted.

Runa looked up at him, surprised.

"You're right." Masanobu said. "Say, if you're interested, would you like to try being Takeda Army's medic?" He offered with a gentle smile.

"Medic?" Runa repeated. Making medicine isn't something for someone in her condition should be doing. Give her access to all kinds of herbs and poisonous plants, who knows what she could cook up.

"Hey." Shingen warned them.

Then Hideyoshi and the others started walking towards them.

"Hey, we have tempura?" Hideyoshi asked in a childish tone.

"Sounds good. Sake!" Toshiie exclaimed, ready for another round.

"You've had enough." Hanbee sighed.

"Shall we have dinner, then?" Masanobu asked them.

Before anyone could answer, Runa and the Gegga Tribe members went on high alert when they saw flaming arrows flying towards them.

Hideyoshi got in the way, slicing the arrows to the ground before anyone could get hurt. "Who's there?!" He demanded, running off into the direction of the arrows with his vassals behind him.

"I don't care, I'll wreck them!" Toshiie shouted as he raised his glave, following behind Hideyoshi like a dog to his master.

"Shingen-sama." Masakage urged, wanting his commander to leave.

"Let's get out of here! Runa!" Shingen grabbed Yuzuki, lifting her up into a bridal hold.

Runa followed after him.

Shingen jumped down from the veranda and they ran into the woods as far as they can. When he thought they were far away enough, Shingen sets Yuzuki down and took deep breaths.

"Shingen-sama!" Masatoyo called out, running up to them.

"Masatoyo, where's the enemy?" Shingen asked.

"Nobuharu-san is going after them." Masatoyo answered. "It's not the Uesugi Army."

"Yeah. Kenshin would never use a sneak attack."

Yuzuki's eyes widened when Shingen quickly covered his mouth with his hand when he started coughing. He fell to his knees in front of the girls and continued to couh violently, to the point he brought his hands away to reveal blood.

"Huh?" Yuzuki was flabbergasted at the sight, taking a step back. And so confused.

'Figured.' Runa figured the pills weren't going to work right away since Shingen's body isn't accustomed to the new herb's affects yet.

"Shingen-sama! Are you alright? Shingen-sama!" Masatoyo fretted, worried like hell. He kneeled down beside his commander as Shingen coughed more blood.

The small pool of blood stained the blooming grass in crimson red.

Yuzuki looked at Shingen with a worried expression. "Were you actually ill?" She asked.

"Um, well..." Masatoyo looked at them with a conflict expression.

"Masatoyo, I'll tell them." Shingen said after his coughing subsided. "It's not much of a secret anymore."

Yuzuki got on her knees so she could be at eye level with Shingen, while Runa just stared down blankly at him.

"As you've noticed, I have a chronic illness. It's apparently incurable." Shingen explained.

"Incurable?" Yuzuki gasped.

"It's been okay for a while, but, well, here we are." Shingen smiled weakly at them.

"So the medicine..."

"Yeah." Shingen nodded and leaned forward in pain, hacking out more blood. He plant his hands on the ground to secure himself.

Yuzuki looked up at the silent girl. "Runa-san, why isn't the medicine working?"

"He... didn't... rest..." Runa whispered, staring blankly at the pool of blood. 

"Crap, I thought I could last a little longer." Shingen grumbled before coughing again.

"Shingen-san!" Yuzuki fretted.

"Shingen-sama, you need one of their blood more than ever." Masatoyo quickly said with a hand on Shingen's back.

This caught Yuzuki's attention.

"Masatoyo..." Shingen stopped him, but the werewolf kept talking.

"Yuzuki-san, Runa-san. Werewolves heal more quickly when we consume human blood." Masatoyo explained. "It can't cure illness, but it can stop it from progressing or alleviate it. I'm aware this is an outrageous thing for me to ask the two of you. But please, we need your blood." He looked down and begged.

Runa can clearly see the pain in Masatoyo's features at the sight of his commander's illness. Even so, she can't grant that request. Runa herself had pride in many things - And sharing her blood was one of them.

"No." Shingen sternly shouted.

"Shingen-sama..." Masatoyo looked at Shingen, a bit worried at his commander's stubbornness.

"I can't have people sacrificed for my sake anymore." Shingen looked to the side.

Yuzuki and Runa were still worried. 

They were silent until the werewolves' ears twitched.

"The enemy?" Shingen wondered.

"I'll go buy some time. So please." Masatoyo got up and ran to the direction, ready to fight.

Runa's bangs shadowed her upper face. As both Yuzuki and Shingen stood, Runa walked closer towards the werewolf.

Shingen looked down at her in confusion until she punched him in the stomach, but with not too much force. "That hurts." He groaned. He knew she didn't hit him too hard, but still, it hurts.

"You said it hurts... but I'm... not that strong..." Runa whispered, looking down. "However... how much pain... are you giving... your people's hearts... when you die...?" She raised her head to show tears streaming down her cheeks. It looked disturbing from a doll-human figure like her, but still, Runs was showing genuine concern for the Takeda werewolf. She was even clenching her hands into fists to stop herself from doing anything stupid.

Shingen was shocked before his eyes softened. He hugged her frail body. He didn't care if Runa started to punch him in the back, even if it helps her get her frustration out. "Don't look at me like that. I won't die." Shingen puts her down and wiped away her tears.

Shingen's smile fade as he and Runa heard a noise in the wind. They whipped their heads around to meet with red, glowing eyes from the shadows of the forest.

Their monstrous features gave them away; yakuma.

"Yakuma!" Yuzuki looked at them, afraid.

Shingen stand protectively in front of the girls, extending an arm, protecting them. "Yuzuki, Runa, stand back." He ordered.

Then, at that moment, two yakuma jumped towards them. Shingen narrowed his eyes at the monstrous beings before them. He brought out his sword from the hilt and attacked them. After killing the two yakuma, he fell to his knees and coughed again.

"Shingen-san!" Yuzuki called out, trying to walk towards him.

"Stay back!" Shingen orderd.

Yuzuki got startled at the order.

"I'm fine." Shingen said, smirking weakly. He looked up at the monsters. "I'm not going to die here. I'm not letting the two of you die, either." He let out a battle cry, charging at them.

Runa watched him defeat yakuma after yakuma, noticing the delaying gap everytime he kills them. 'At this rate, he's going to die if I don't do something.' She thought. Runa noticed her hand was shaking as she reached for her dagger. She had to do it. Runa grabbed her dagger out of its sheath, aiming the tip at a yakuma that's about to strike Shingen, and threw it.

The monster vanished.

Runa let out a shaky breath as she watched her dagger hit the grass, watching the ground wither from the blade. She calmed down and raised her hand. "Thorns..." Thousands of hundreds of black thorns appeared above her. "Eliminate..." She ordered.

The thorns rained down at the yakuma around them, killing them one by one.

There were times Runa would use her dagger to strike or kick them towards her thorns.

◇◇◇◇◇

At the same time...

Yuzuki watched Runa in awe from a distance. She had never seen the girl fight before and now she had a front row seat.

Shingen watched while he was on his knees, seeing Runa's power. Watching her fight was like watching a young dancer in an aggressive dance. She was elegant in every move. He noticed that each chaotic move was filled with suicidal, quick, random and effective calculations. She was a chaotic young woman who stole his heart with her bravery, kindness and her shyness.

◇◇◇◇◇

From a distance...

Four werewolves came up behind Shingen and watched the battle unfold. Even with the darkness that surrounded them, the moon graced Runa's features. She would jump from one yakuma to another, sometimes flipping into the air to gain pressure into her feet, splitting the yakuma in half. Runa was adorable and beautiful.

◇◇◇◇◇

Runa used her thorns to puncture the last yakuma and seized her attacks. She took deep breaths, getting some air back in her lungs. After the final breath, she collapsed to her knees.

"Runa!/Runa-chan!/Runa-san!" The Takeda vassals rushed over to her.

"I... I'm... I'm fine..." Runa wheezed, placing her hands on the ground to secure herself. "What about... Shingen...?" She asked.

Nobuharu caught the said commander before he collapsed. "Reckless as always." Nobuharu sighed.

"Shingen-sama." Masakage called out, rushing over to his side.

"Shingen-sama!" Masatoyo followed after.

"Are you alright?" Masanobu chimed in as Runa got to her feet.

But Shingen had already passed out.

Nobuharu wrapped one of Shingen's arms around his neck, helping his commander. "Let's take him somewhere safe." He instructed everyone.

Nobuharu, Masakage and Yuzuki started heading back to the temple, while Masanobu, Masatoyo and Runa stayed behind.

"Who do you think it was?" Masatoyo asked the blonde-haired werewolf.

"Huh? You... don't know...?" Runa asked, walking towards them.

"No. They got away while the yakuma had us distracted." Masanobu stated as they turned away and walked to the others.

But Runa halted her steps. 'Someone's watching us. No, me.' She looked behind her, but saw nothing. However, Runa definitely sense a presence nearby. A vampire presence. Runa turned to the source and was about to confront the intruder, if it wasn't for a voice calling out to her.

"Runa-san!" Masatoyo's voice echoed throughout the area.

"You win... this round..." Runa told the intruder, staring at their hiding place one last time before running towards the waiting werewolf.

◇◇◇◇◇

Behind a tree...

Runa was right. The intruder was watching her. He watched her and Masatoyo walking down the forest until they were gone.

It wasn't long until he left with new, valuable information to report to his commander.

◇◇◇◇◇

At Oda Castle...

Mitsuhide kneels before his commander, a good 10 metres away from the throne. "I apologise." He said after giving his report.

"Takeda and Toyotomi." Nobunaga repeated. "Mitsuhide, go to Uesugi's castle." He ordered.

"Yes, sir."

As his general left the throne room, Nobunaga was left in his own thoughts. 'A human girl that can defeat numerous number of yakuma with just a dagger, huh? She also possessed what seems to be supernatural powers, and has no presence, but how can that be possible? Only those within the Gegga Tribes have inhuman abilities. How is it possible for a living being to have no presence? She doesn't possess the Himemiko's blood, however, that has yet been confirmed. She even sensed Mitsuhide when the army didn't... She will be a great asset to the Oda Army.' He thought, smirking to himself.

◇◇◇◇◇

Somewhere in the fields...

It was morning when Shingen and his generals were going to head back to the Takeda Castle.

"Are you okay now?" Yuzuki asked Shingen, who's on his horse like everyone else.

"Yeah, thanks to Runa and her herbs." Shingen smiled down at the girl. "I'm in your debt, too, Hideyoshi."

"Be safe in your travels." Hideyoshi replied.

"Yeah."

Runa walked up to Masanobu, carring something in her hands. "Masanobu... here..." She revealed a glass bottle contains plants with woolly leaves and tall spikes of yellow flowers. "This is the herb... to make Shingen's pills... You can... make more..."

"You really don't have to, but thank you anyway." Masanobu accepted the bottle and pat the raven-haired beauty's head. "Take care of yourself as well, alright?"

Runa nodded.

"Later." Shingen turned his horse around and walked off. "Runa." He called out.

"Huh?" Runa looked at his retreating form. His hand was raised but he didn't look back. Masakage was also waving at them, looking back with a smile.

(Runa's view.)

"Call me if you ever need anything." Shingen told her. "I'll come help you whenever."

Runa just stared in wonder at the commander. She just can't understand him nor the vassals she met so far.

"He's completely under your spell." Hideyoshi teased as Yuzuki giggled behind her hand.

But that got the commander a punch in the face by the raven-haired beauty. He took the hit and was sent flying a few yards from the girls.

Runa turned emotionlessly to Yuzuki. "Want to tell me... what's so funny...?" She demanded with a deadly aura.

Yuzuki started shaking for her life. "N-No." She turned to find Hideyoshi a few yards away from them. "Hideyoshi-san!" She ran over to him. She helped him up, but there were stars flying around his head.

Runa sighed and looked around the surrounding area. 'I should focus on gathering information while I have the chance.' "Ow..." Runa rubbed her bandaged arm, feeling the burns spreading down her arm.

◇◇◇◇◇

Somewhere...

A little creature was running down the road of dirt, coming back from another territory. He was heading straight to the Toyotomi Castle for one human girl.

"This is bad. I have to inform Yuzuki-san quickly." He told himself.

◇◇◇◇◇

In Sanada territory...

Yukimura firmly puts his walking stick in the dried up field, staring into the scorching hot sky. "So it begins." He mumbled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325 106 46
~The story never end, ends~ -4gotten_girl ___________________________ She was alone with no where to call her own....she stumble...
2.7K 117 30
**Sequel to Feral** MUST READ FERAL TO UNDERSTAND!! Now that Aiyana has ran away, how will she be able to help her mates? How will she defeat Ro...
5.6K 173 17
One day while traveling in the Beast's World/ Ultra Space she ends up in a completely different world with it's own kind of beasts called Yukama. Set...
5.9K 261 64
For the sake of her life, Ember does whatever she can to keep a low profile everywhere she goes, even in school. But, when four of the most powerful...