Respectfully, an Absolute Mess

By ercthesloth

college au Transferring to Trost University was either the best or worst decision of your life. Getting thro... More

Prologue
New Beginnings
The Great Kirstein
In Present Times
Penis Party
Apartment 104
Blonde Devil
PEMDAS
Talking is Hard
Hickies from the Girl
Charcuterie
The Hitcident
21 Questions
The Snack that Smiles Back
Halloweekend I
Halloweekend II
Stinky
Failure
Slumber Party
Second Place
Digital Filling
A Jealous Brute
Into 2021
The Rice Purity Test
Deli
Professor Ackerdaddy and the Drunken Horse
Marco
Sherlock, the Sous-chef
Domestic Blues & Bongs
The Filler Word 'Like'
The Sun, Moon, and Whatever is: Colt Grice
F in the Chat
Never-ending Woes
Attainable Solutions
Triangles
Parenthesis, Eren, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction
A Prelude to the Nigh
Cocktail Weenies
There's a Time and Place for Everything
Duct Tape on a Bullet Hole

Stir

1.6K 77 126
By ercthesloth

November 6, 2021

When Historia was on a mission, she was terrifying. The girl was so short, however when she felt great emotions- she was a sight to be reckoned with. The car ride back was quiet, however you could taste the tension in the air.

Once back at the house Historia was ready to wake every one of you roommates up, at the very ripe hour of 1 am. To find out the "truth", or whatever. 

You were clueless to what she was thinking as you only knew what Jean had told you. Everyone has their own perceptions of a story, their own eyes see things differently. So right now, you had no idea what was to come and you still had no idea what had happened. 

On her mission to wake the house Historia stomped up the stairs, leaving both you and Ymir in her dust as she flung open the door and proceeded up the first flight. As you and the freckled girl walked in the house she wearily glanced at you, which proved that she was also terrified on what was about to happen. You couldn't tell if Ymir knew what was going on in the other girls brain, regardless you feared the outcome of the night.

Using your foot, you kicked back the front door. It clicked back into its frame, shaking the old house. You and Ymir trailed behind, appearing at the top of the second floor as Historia was throwing open the door to Mikasa's room. 

In a groggy panic, she woke up- body darting straight up and blurry eyes locking onto the girl who was staring down at her from the side of the bed.

You and Ymir watched the sight from the doorway.

"Is everything okay?" Mikasa asked, her eyes looking at the three of you. "Is someone dead?" She followed it up with, noting the pale look on your face.

"No ones dead." Historia glared down at her, and then added a threatening, "yet." Which in all honestly, wasn't that terrifying due to her size but it was pretty scary when you took into account the furious aura coming from the girl. "Ymir go get Sash and Annie." She demanded.

"Yes Ma'am." No hesitation in her response, Ymir turned to go wake up the brunette beast and the terrifying blonde. You stepped further inside Mikasa's dark room, taking a seat on top of her desk. You brought your legs up and folded them into one another. Sitting like a child atop the sturdy furniture.

"What's wrong?" Mikasa's face was alert, all signs of her rudely awoken grogginess gone and replaced with a look of panic. "Historia, it's late."

"This is important." Historia told her. "I'll wait for Sasha to wake up before I start, I can't let my anxieties about this go till the morning." She sat at the edge of the bed, looking down at her fingers and picking at them- not even daring to send a look in the direction of the concerned girl.

Mikasa must be so confused right now. She turned to you.

You shrugged, mouthing back an 'I don't know'.

Her hands came up from where they reseted on the blanket and the dark haired girl pushed back a strand of her hair, tucking it neatly behind her ear. You knew that motion as one that she did when she's anxious. Mikasa was trying to compose herself. 

"There better be a good reason for this!"

"There is!"

The three of you in the room turned your heads to the arguing that was getting louder. Sasha did not sound happy.

"Liar!"

"How are you not tired when you wake up?"

"I'm sorry, you scared the shit out of me- am I supposed to act like i'm sleepwalking or something?! Seriously Ymir, you could have been a kidnapper; would you expect someone getting stolen to just succumb to their fate and go back to sleep?"

A few moments of silent between them. "Well...when you put it like that...no."

"Exactly, I-oh woah." Sasha stopped in her tracks, "We're all awake." She sounded surprised.

"We are. Come in- take a seat." Historia motioned with her hand for them to walk into the room. They did, and Ymir closed the door behind her. Her own body sinking down against the doorway and down to the ground. She extended her legs out, crossing them over one another as she claimed that as her spot. "Ymir...." Historia looked at the girl.

"Yes?"

"Where's Annie?"

Ymir looked away from the blonde, avoiding answering the question as  Sasha made her way over to where you were, sending you a confused look before hiking her body up in the same position as yours. The two of you both claimed Mikasa's desk, sitting the tallest out of all the girls in the room.

"Ymir." Historia was still on the edge of the bed, her legs hanging down. 

"I'm not waking her she scares me." Ymir replied, speaking nothing but the truth.

"But I-"

"Annie's not home." Sasha cut the two of them off, waving her hand in the air to get them to stop their weird arguing. "She's getting dicked down."

This turned all of your heads to the girl. "By who?" Both you and Historia asked her, surprised as Annie had never mentioned a boy in her life to you all.

Sasha smirked and looked at you, "I can't tell."

The other girls groaned and brushed it off, but you - you glared at your best friend. Wildly annoyed that she could keep Annie fucking Leonhart's secret, but not yours. 

"Can we get to the point of this? I'm tired." Mikasa was in her bed, sitting straight up and facing the blonde who had stormed in only minutes ago. 

"Right." Historia nodded. "Do either of you know what happened tonight?" Historia led off with that. Questioning Sasha and Mikasa on their knowledge of the night. 

Mikasa blinked back, not responding at first and Sasha looked around the room as if to see if the question was aimed at her. Which it was.

"I dunno." Sasha responded. "I was at Niccolo's and then we came here for a bit and, then we ate dinner, and then we showered, and then we hung out in my room, and after that he went home and I ate second dinner, and then I watched a new conspiracy video, and then finally I went to bed. "

Ymir sighed from her spot on the floor. You knew the girl's eyes had rolled to the back of her head from that response. 

"Sasha..." Historia looked at the girl, her brows furred together. "You seriously don't know?" Whatever she had planned, seemed as if it was taking a turn in the wrong direction. "Didn't Connie text you?" She tried to feel her out. 

"No. Should he have? The only other person I talked to today was this bitch-" She jutted her thumb at you. "-And that was to see if she had any condoms."

"Did she?" Ymir butted into this, asking because she was curious.

"I did not." 

Sasha's hands cups around her mouth as she  sang out, "Sluuuuuuut." 

"Says that girl that fucked Niccolo multiple times in one day." You snapped back. 

"Blah, blah, you know you've fucked multiple guys in the same day- don't come at me for doing the same with my man." Her eyes were playful as she pointed out absolute truths about you. You regretted sharing these things with her, as the rest of the room may have not known that you had done that.

"At least I have birth control." 

"At least I have birth control." She mimicked back. "You know I ran out of my birth control pills, and you know those medical companies are a bitch to get ahold of."

"You two!" Historia raised her voice, bothered by the bickering. Who knew that even at this hour you and Sasha would find away to go at it. "Can it." She silenced you both with the palm of her hand. "Mikasa, do you know?" The look that she sent the girl in the bed, was an all knowing one. 

Historia was asking her because she knew that Mikasa had a part in tonight.

"So we've resorted to leaving them alone?" Ymir pointed to the door where Connie and Marco had left you with Jean. 

"They enjoy alone time." Marco calmly pointed out as they approached her, knowing how much time you and Jean had spent with one another this past month. How much time Jean spent without him and Connie. "They deserve alone time."

"I feel like she should be in here with us ." Ymir and Marco locked eyes.

"I disagree."  The two continued to stare. 

Until Ymir decided to pester him. "Why?"

"Ymir!" Historia hissed, grabbing her wrist, to which Ymir shook off of her. Standing her ground in front of Marco Bodt.

But Marco, for some reason he respected her bold attitude, and he told her the simple truth. "Because Kirstein's in love with the girl and after tonight he deserves some fucking comfort from her."

While Historia gasped, like it was the hottest tea she had ever heard. Ymir continued to stare, then gave Marco one curt nod. "I like him." 

Connie whipped his head up, "You like Jean?" 

"Not like that you dumbass, I mean I like him for her."  Ymir pinched her nose. You were friends with idiots. 

"Oh." Connie looked back down.

Marco agreed with the girl, "Me too."  Then she loosened her stance and the weird energy in the air dissipated. She took a step back. 

Historia grabbed onto her arm for confidence. "Tell us what happened tonight." She asked, wanting to piece together the puzzle that was tonights events. She was confused, and things were not adding up. "Eren, Armin and Reiner are nowhere to be found." 

"I bet they left hours ago."

"You guys read those texts, right?"

"Yeah." Connie sighed, throwing his hands around his head and leaning back into it. "Reiner deserved to get his shit rocked ages ago."

"I'm talking more about the part where Armin Arlert told him that her and Jean were hooking up, Connie." Historia explained to the boy.

"I doubt he said that. Armin isn't the kind of guy to throw one of his friends under the bus like that- we all know that Reiner's got it bad for her. He probably just made some shit up, he's unstable.

Historia hummed, agreeing with him. Armin wasn't like that and you all knew that. "But where would he get that from, I-." She looked at Ymir, knowing she was about to spill a secret. "-I just found out they hooked up. It's not a known thing, right?"

"It is not." Marco clenched his jaw, looking at the two girls. "Which is why there's only a small group of people that could have told Reiner." Marco assumed you must have told them on the way over here, so he loosened himself and started to put things together. "I know, Connie knows, you two know." He put four fingers up, holding them in the middle of the group. "Eren knows." A fifth finger went up.

"So we can assume he told Armin."

"Or Armin just figured it out." Connie argued a very valid point back to Ymir. "Kids some sort of freak genius."

"But why tell Reiner. I don't get it." 

"Tell us what happened ." Historia crossed her arm's over her chest. 

Marco nodded, starting to tell the story of the night. "Reiner was here when we got here, and as the night went on it he spent most of his time with Armin and Eren. To me, it seemed like they were the ones that invited him here?"  Marco posed it as a question, unsure, as he had just a hunch. But he gave them a shrug for storytelling purposes."The three of us went and played darts, and when we did that Eren and Reiner got talking really close to one another over at the bar- and at one point Armin started to show him things on his phone."

"What?" Connie butted in, not having noticed that earlier. 

"It's crazy the shit you see when you're the sober one." Marco joked, Historia and Ymir gave him a pity laugh. "Anyway, we went back over to the bar and Jean ordered a beer, right. Reiner then takes it, starts to drink it, and of course Jean was pissed."

"You're saying Reiner just took his drink?"

"Yup." Marco nodded at Ymir.  "So they start going at it, and sooner or later y/n gets brought up and Reiner calls her a dirty whore for sleeping with him-"

"He really said that to Jean?!" Historia had covered her mouth.

Connie snorted. "Yeah, fucking idiot for that. Jean swung his fist so fast Reiner didn't know what hit 'em." 

"...Can I ask a dumb question?" Historia asked, her hand politely raised up. 

To which the rest of the room nodded. 

"Does she know how Jean feels?" She spoke meekly, like she was unsure of the question. Almost embarrassed to be asking it.  "Has he, well, has anyone told her?"

"No." Every person in the back corner of the bar answered in unison.

"Oh." She opened and closed her mouth. Processing what she was just told, and settling on that you and Jean were both morons. After a moment, Historia continued on, "To recap everything so I can paint a clear picture: Reiner was here and we assume he was invited by Eren and Armin, they probably told him that her and Jean were fucking, and then he got jealous and went after Jean who punched him in a fit of rage."

"Yeah that about sums it up." Marco nodded, agreeing with her quick summary. "So, what do you know?"

"Well." Historia sighed. "You guys all know that Eren feels the same way, right?"

"I had a strong feeling." Marco shrugged.

Historia continued. "Right, so the other day I overheard him and Mikasa talking. It was the day after his brother showed up to get his pee."

"That's the day after Jean stayed in her room." Connie mumbled out, clarifying the exact day.

"Yes." Historia nodded at him, happy he was attentive to the conversation. "Anyways, Eren talks, like, so loud so I could hear everything. His brother is so gross by the way." She added, thinking about everything Eren said about the older blonde. She shuddered at the memory. "But I overheard him Mikasa that he needed Jean out of the picture." 

Marco sucked in air, hissing as he heard the weird threat. 

"Yo, Eren's gonna kill Jean?"

Ymir slapped the back of Connie's head, "No, you fucking idiot. It's a figure of speech."

"Oh."Connie was really empty up there at times.

"Eren started talking about how Jean isn't playing fair, and Meek's talks so low it was hard to hear her responses so I'm not really sure her opinions on it." Historia didn't want to throw one of her closest friends under the bus just yet. "He said he had a plan though."

"Playing fair?" Marco questioned, not understanding. "Plan?"

Historia shrugged, not really knowing as well. Like she said, they Mikasa was hard to hear. Everything she knew was it bits and pieces. "Something about you guys... and Sasha."

"What about us?" 

"I don't know , like I said I only overheard I wasn't there for it."

"He probably thinks we're trying to set them up." Marco suggested.

"Well with a stunt like leaving the two of them outside, i'd say he's not wrong." Ymir sarcastically added on.

Marco clenched his jaw again, knowing the freckled girl was right but just bothered by the wy she said it."Right." 

"Well..." Connie looked at the three of them. "This might be out there, but what if Eren's plan was to get Reiner and Jean to fight."

Ymir, Historia and Marco all looked to Connie, shock on their faces as the boy uttered one of the very few intelligent things he would the entire year. 

Connie stared back at them, scared he said something stupid. So he added, "Just a thought." To make him seem less dumb.

But he was anything but. Connie's suggestion felt right. 

"Say that's the case," Marco began to took it further, "Why would he do that. What does Yeager gain?  She's out there comforting him right now, and he's nowhere to be found. What did he expect?"

Historia cleared her throat. "I can answer that last one Marco. Do you remember the beginning of the semester when Eren got into that fight with Reiner?" 

"Yeah."

"Yeager got banned from his house."

"She ignored Eren for a week, they...they had a huge fight about it. Mikasa and Armin had to step in."

"What?" Connie asked, shocked that he didn't know about this. "How do you know that."

"Those three keep so much under wraps, you have no idea." Historia frowned at the ground. "We were-" She started, then cut herself off. Not wanting to out herself at this moment in time. "I was in my bed trying to take a nap and I just heard yelling upstairs, mostly from Eren. But there was this crash and a slam and then I heard footsteps up the stairs and more yelling." Historia frowned thinking about that memory, that day. "Crying too."

"That is a lot to unpack right now, you do realize that right?" 

"Yeah but, it helps to figure this whole thing out. She hates violence and she got so mad at Eren when he beat up Reiner that maybe he thought if Jean did it - she would treat him like she did him."

"All she did was comfort him."  Marco pointed out.

"-Yeah. I know." 

Silence fell over the group. Realization hit them that your life, this whole thing with Eren and Jean was messy. So messy. It was only going to get worse the more you let it go on. But one thing that this group of four knew is the way that you treated Jean Kirstein was entirely different than Eren Yeager. None of them knew what that meant.

But they hoped it would be a benefit, at least for Jeans sake. 

 "They're coming back in." Connie broke the silence, nodding over at the door .

"His arms around her." Historia pointed out, her voice almost at a coo from the way she spoke. "It's cute. They're cute together."

The cute gesture stopped as soon as Connie began to frantically wave you both over. Jean dropped you shoulder resulting in a sigh from Historia. 

"You guys have a good talk?

"I-" Mikasa started and then stopped, looking over at you. Her gaze grew solemn, as she continued to look at you and then slowly lowered her gaze to the ground. "I do."

"And you didn't try and stop him?!"

"I didn't know what the hell he had planned!" She looked up, raising her voice - something she rarely did. "I just know he had a plan, I swear."

"On your life?" Historia leaned forward, trying to see if Mikasa was lying.

Mikasa turned her face, looking directly into Historia's blue eyes. "Yes. On my life.  All Eren said is he had a plan."

"A plan to do what?" Ymir spoke up, posing the question from the ground.

"I just said I don't know." Mikasa growled at the girl, repeating herself again. 

"Mikasa, C'mon."

"No seriously, I told you all I know." She looked back at you. "I swear. I try and stay out of that hothead's plans, not join them."

"I want to trust you Meeks, but I-"

Mikasa cut Historia off with a long sigh, leaning over to her nightstand and grabbing her phone. She unlocked it and handed it to the girl. "Go through it. I promise you this was just an Eren thing- I don't even know everything that happened either all he texted me is that Jean beat Reiner up."

"Uhm." Historia held the phone in her hands, looking down at the device. Reading the last message from Eren that said just that. Jean beat Reiner up. lol. "Listen, going through that is a big invasion of privacy I-"

"If you don't trust me, then i'll prove it." Mikasa shook her phone.

"I don't want to read though it." Historia handed the phone back to her. "I should just trust you because you're my friend." Choosing to be the bigger person here, Historia chose to trust her friend word. 

"So are we done then?" Mikasa, with a bit of a sass to her tone still, asked. She was tired.

"Yeah, are we done-" Sasha cut herself off with a yawn "I'm tired, I wanna go back to bed." She jabbed her thumb in the direction of the room, and pulled it back aggressively rubbed her nose.

"We're done." Historia felt guilty. "You guys all go back to bed. I'm gonna hang back."

"Don't have to tell me twice." Sasha jumped off the desk, turning to wait for you to do the same.

You jumped down from it, but still remained looking at the girls on the bed. Should you hang back too?  I mean, you had a feeling that this conversation was somewhat about you. Jean did punch Reiner because of you.

"Do you want me to stay?" Ymir asked the blonde, her body up and hand on the doorknob.

"No, no- go back to sleep, all of you." Her rage was now entirely gone, a look of deep regret on her face. "I just have some things I wanna finish talking about."

So just like she asked, you all went to your respective rooms- leaving the two girls behind the now closed door. Ymir didn't say another word to you, walking to Historia's room; and you and Sasha went up to the next floor. Neither of you talking, Sasha saying silent because of how tired she was- you stayed silent because of how confused you were.

Laying down on you bed you looked up at the ceiling, arms spread eagle as you tried to piece together everything that happened tonight. You wanted to make sense of it, you really did. You became frustrated with yourself, trying to put together everything in one coherent story. So you chose to do what any weird english major would- you got up from the bed and clicked on the lamp by your desk. Sitting down, you pulled out a notebook and grabbed a pen and began to scribble away all of the things that happened.

Jean and Reiner fought

Eren and Armin invited Reiner to the bar

Marco went to the bar, even though he's supposed to be sober (Jean and Connie are idiots)

Connie is scared of Reiner

Eren and Armin pulled Reiner off of Jean and disappeared with him

Historia and Ymir are soooo dating

Eren is for some reason jealous of Jean.

Is Jean jealous of Eren?

Jean didn't do anything wrong

Eren did something wrong

Eren caused the fight

Why?

Idea #1, Eren wanted to see Reiner get beat up (lol)

Idea #2, Eren wanted to see Jean get beat up (bad)

Idea #3, Eren just wanted to watch a fight (also bad)

Idea #4, Eren actually wanted to fight Reiner again, but Jean beat him to it (super bad)

Idea #5, Eren has a crush on Reiner

You scribbled idea #5 out, as soon as your pen scribbled it down on the page. Now that one made no sense, Reiner wouldn't be his type. If anything you would be his type-oh.

The pen his the page one last time, and you scribbled your final thoughts of the night down.

Does Eren like me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.3K 1K 33
You're a comfortable girl. You like your solitude and enjoy your own company very much. You became close over the past couple of months with Mikasa A...
6.2K 238 6
eren jaeger x latina!reader slight!jean x latina!reader disclaimer! : ANYONE CAN READ THIS STORY! you don't have to latine to read, so EVERYONE ple...
6.1K 271 15
Jean Kirstein has no interest in girls. He'd tried dating and found himself often bored before the end of the evening. Competing for captain of The U...
874K 19.8K 42
COVER ART CREDS; redwarrior3 on tumblr :) In modern Paradis, you've joined the survey corps three months ago, and thought you've met everyone, until...