The Valkyrie (Rogue Cheney Lo...

By Silver-Tigress

18 year old Vivian Knight Hunter has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. S... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
New Book!!
Author's Note!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49, Filler, Showdown! Vivian VS Erza!
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 3
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 3
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
The Final Chapter

Chapter 28

487 7 1
By Silver-Tigress

I've decided to change the amount of the Jewels to 2,067,000.

Vivian's P. O. V:

The next week goes by and I've now taken up Erza's spot by the steps leading to the deck, sighing from boredom as I blow at my bangs.

Wendy's spell had worn off earlier this morning and Gray took Natsu below deck, only to return without clothes on except for his boxers. He'd tried to borrow my clothes but I'd just glared at him until Gray tried asking Lucy, only to receive a whack on the head from me. Then he'd just given up and gone to get his clothes back.

The others milk about the ship as the ship sails by.

"I'm so bored," I groan, slumping my head against the railing. I address Levi. "Are we there yet, Levi?"

"The island should be coming into view any minute now," He responds.

"Where's all that energy from Hargeon?" Gray wants to know jokingly as he comes over to me. I'm only his boxers once again.

I throw the Fullbuster a deadpan expression as I retort sarcastically, "Gee, where's all your clothes from this morning?"

Gray jerks his gaze down only to start and flail his arms about, deep blue eyes widening. "Gah! When did that happen?!" He then scurries off to find his clothes as Lucy giggles and a few other pirates laugh heartily.

"How much longer till we get there?" Natsu groans, overcome with motion sickness.

"Soon, Natsu," Lucy assures him. We fall silent again and Happy suddenly cries out, pointing ahead.

"Look! There it is!"

We go up to the prow to see a huge but beautiful island coming into view.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" Lucy gushes.

We sail right up to the beach and disembark.

"Thank you for your service," I tell Levi gratefully.

"With pleasure, Me Beauty! We'll just be waiting around here for when you finish," He responds.

""Me... Beauty"?" Lucy echoes with a deadpan expression. I give a shrug as I turn and follow them off the boat. We make our way to the village asi gaze at a map.

"Let's see... the village of Kyoshi Island should be around here somewhere..." I murmur. I soon look up to see a massive gate in front of us. "Bingo!"

"This is it, huh?" Gray asks.

"I say we bust it down!" Natsu says eagerly.

"No we won't!" Lucy snaps at him.

I call up to the people I the watch towers, "Hello?! Anyone home?"

"Who's there?" Calls a male voice.

"We're wizards from Fairy Tail and we came here for a job request regarding the stolen Crystallite," I explain.

"So you're the team we were told would be coming!" Says the second male.

"Aye!" Happy chimes.

"Then, come on in!" Th first man says as they pull up the gate. I glance back at my teammates, grinning, before we enter the village. We stop in front of another guard holding a spear, a woman with him.

"My name is Kiba and this is Stella," The man introduces, gesturing to the woman next to him. "We're here to escort you to the Chief's headquarters."

I say appreciatively, "Thank you."

"Follow us," Stella says and they turn around. We follow them further into the village, seeing kids running around and playing as adults and teens were at market stalls or chatting with each other in the streets.

"This island sure is beautiful," Erza speaks up.

"It really is," Says Kiba, nodding. "It was peaceful too. At least, until Neridah and her Northern Wolves gang members showed up."

"Hey, the Chief will tell them all the details," Stella reprimands him. "Let him handle it."

I blink my eyes as we pass by a huge rose quartz crystal statue of a beautiful woman in the center of the village. I pause as I get a good look at her face. She appears sad.

"Hey, what is it, Viv?" Gray asks as he notices I'm not following them. My teammates and our escorts come over to me.

"Who's this woman?" I ask.

Stella answers, "That's Yuki Sapphire. She was one of the first Wielders of the Crystallite."

"What happened to her?" Wendy asks curiously.

"There's a cost to all Lost Magic's. Crystallite is no exception," Kiba tells us. "The Chief will tell you all the details, but Yuki's Crystallite reacted to her emotions of sadness and loneliness. The crystal particles seeped into her skin and transformed her body into crystal."

Stella finishes, "She's now known among our people as The Crystal Tear."

"That's such a sad story," Lucy murmurs.

"It isn't just a story," Kiba insists. "It actually happened! It's become a legend on Kyoshi Islabd and only our people know of it."

"Well, whatever. Let's get going already," Says Natsu impatiently. My teammates continue ahead but I linger a moment longer, gazing up at the sad woman.

I then turn and hurry after my teammates.

We soon arrive at a large house. We gaze at it in awe.

"It's huge!" Natsu exclaims.

"It's like a mansion," Wendy inputs.

My teammates and I follow Kiba and Stella inside to a large sitting room where a very short man, about the same height as Makarov, is sitting with a beautiful brown haired girl.

"Chief Hajime," Kiba states, "The wizards from the Fairy Tail guild have arrived for the job request you sent."

"Excellent. You may wait outside," The old Chief tells them. They bow and leave while Natsu, Erza, Gray, Lucy, Wendy, Happy, Charlele and I sit opposite the Chief and his daughter. "I'm so glad you could come. Our island is in desperate need of your help. This is my daughter, Suki."

"It's nice to meet you," The pretty brunette says. She has chin length hair and brown eyes.

"Likewise," I say, smiling.

Erza says, "Tell us more of what you know about the Crystallite, Neridah and the mercenaries she hired."

Hajime nods his head. "Hm. Very well. Your job is to retrieve an ancient and powerful magic item called Crystallite that was created by my ancestor. He had no magic, but the Crystallite allows anyone without magic to gain it and use it at a basic level. Advanced spells could be learned with extensive training. And it turned him into a super strong and flexible being."

We were stunned by this. "Any magic?" I echo.

"That type of magic exists?" Asks Charlele.

"Yes. But it cannot give the user Dragon Slayer Magic or any other type of Lost Magic. There's a huge downside to overusing it. Most users who use Crystalite magic have to learn quickly how to control their feelings to stop themselves from creating too much magic in their bloodstream as it can cause the Crystal to expand and take over the user's body or make them go berserk making them forget what is friend and foe and have no power over the things that happen almost like they are a monster.

"It is this that creates a dangerous monster that users have no control of and instead can only watch as their body and the crystal does things without the user's consent and control. Berserk is said to be completely unstoppable, their power and rage so strong that users are said to die before even seeing the form. The user's appearance does gain minor changes. The user's canine teeth sharpen into what can look like vampire fangs and their eyes glow a dangerous pink colour. Their face also seems to be covered in darkness, hiding all the former inviting appearance of the user in a dark shadow. It is this form that makes everyone believe that the user has turned into a monster and in theory, they have. 

"The user is freed from this form when the user can no longer use the magic from the crystal or the user controls their emotions but most cannot. This is mainly because a user either enjoys the pleasure of destroying everything in their path or is wrapped in sadness and despair as they inhumanely kill people they love or care about. Everyone while berserk looks the same, the difference being their eyes and aura. It is this reason that going berserk is like losing yourself to people. 

"The most known flaw of Crystalite is that of turning into the crystal itself. This also happens when the user is having negative emotions - more so, sadness, loneliness and disappointment - but also if the user overuses the crystal. It is almost like the user overheats the crystal. With this, they enter the Crystallization state. The crystal digs into the user's body and expands itself through the veins, creating large crystals with help from the user's blood and the ethernano in the air. This causes the user great pain and stops all magic use in this state. After about three hours of pain, the user finally transforms into a giant human crystal. These crystals stay like this for the rest of its lifetime - unless someone destroys it of course. If another user wished to use this crystal they would have to chip off the crystal with a chisel and another tool but they would be technically chipping away the former user's body.

"The pain is said to be worst than death itself.

"Crystalite is one of the most powerful magic in the times of old. The plan was to be able to create these crystals that absorb ethernano in the air and allow a user to make it their own. This allowed non-mages to be able to use magic. Crystalite - like all forms of magic - works on feelings. A magic user must have the determination to use magic to make it happen in the first place. Since Crystalite is an artificial magic it had to get close to one's heart to be able to feel the user. 

"If a user dies with a crystal, the crystal is said to be lost forever.

"When the Magic Council got wind of the Crystallite creation, they ordered that all Crystallites be destroyed. All but one were destroyed. The last Crystallite was sealed away in Kyoshi Temple, never to be seen or used again. Until six years ago, when a woman named Neridah arrived on the island with three members of the Northern Wolves guild—a mercenary guild. She desired the Crystallite and hired a Seal Breaking wizard to get it for her.

"Neridah has only recently been attacking Kyoshi Island in the past seven months! Please, I'm asking you to retrieve it before that witch causes anymore harm to my people!" Hajime vows his head as my mind spins with all this information.

"You bet we will get it back for you, old man!" Natsu tells him.

"Just leave it to us," Gray adds.

"By the way, Sir," I interrupt as he was thanking us, causing him and the others to swivel their heads to me. "On our way here, we passed by a crystal statue of a woman known as Yuki Sapphire. I was wondering if you might be able to tell us more?"

He turns serious as he says, "Ah, yes. It's such a tragic tale. That woman was once a user of Crystallite. However, when the Crystallites were being destroyed, the villagers feared she would become a Berserk as well and go on a rampage. This caused her to feel sadness and loneliness—so much do that the crystal she had dug into her flesh and spread through her bloodstream. It eventually crystallised Yuki and turned her into a crystal statue in the center of the village. She has since become known as The Crystal Tear."

"That's so sad," Says Lucy.

"This magic is actually kind of terrifying," Gray says wearily.

"That's why you must get it back at all costs!" Hajime tells us.

I stand up as I say determinedly, "We will! Count on it!"

"Thank you. Kiba and Stella shall escort you to your inn," Hajime says gratefully.

"Good luck," Suki adds.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.1K 1.2K 58
Kumiko Kurisutaru has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. She's known as the youngest S-class wizard in Fairy Tail...
20.9K 380 30
Lucy had lost her memories when she was young. when she turn 18 she get her memories back and her mate what will the guild said,will they turn there...
136K 4.3K 84
"You shine so brightly, yet you're shrouded in so much darkness." --- Kira Ferilia, a member of the guild Fairy Tail, finds herself to be entangled w...
653K 13.6K 46
Y/N is a seventeen year old girl who is part of an independent Guild of Dragon-slayers called, the Dragon Gem. When they enter in the Grand Magic Gam...