Autumn & Winter (A Villains...

By raethewriter_

"Quit lying I've seen the way you look at her." Damn it. Of course he did. "Look at her how?" he tried to p... More

A quick note (Please read)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9

Chapter 8

703 45 114
By raethewriter_

He remembered the first time he went to Base C, which was the small underground office that the heroes owned. He was silent the entire trip, following close behind Jamie and Aniya and listening to her rant about hero duties.

The tunnel was quiet, and Simon whistled a small tune to himself as he approached the small office. He wore his suit because he knew he'd be using quite a bit of his flames tonight. Once he got there, he broke the lock on the door and left it open so there would be some air circulating as he lit various documents on fire.

He found a yellow flash drive in one of the cabinets and stashed it into his pocket. Simon wanted all of Aniya's secrets, or even Ian's secrets if they remained anywhere. While stealing from their bases was rewarding, he was also enjoying the news of the heroes' being stressed out. He wanted them worried. He wanted them to be afraid. He wanted them to know that one way or another, they would die painfully.

Comfortably leaning against a wall, Simon remained in the office for a while, slowly burning documents and watching the way his flames spread across the paper, dissolving until it was nothing but ash. Soon, he heard quiet footsteps approach, and a small smile spread on his face without knowing.

"Why did I get the feeling you'd show up tonight, my pretty hero?" he asked as his eyes rested on Daija. His rival turned around, and her eyes immediately fell upon his suit, his figure, then eventually his eyes. It made him grin. "You like it?"

"I didn't know you had a suit," she replied.

"Of course I do. I only wear it when I'm really going to be using my powers though."

"Is it fireproof?"

He nodded. "Mhm. I can't have my clothes burning off when I use my fire, right?" He then gave her a teasing wink. "I mean, I don't think anyone would complain."

She scoffed, then put her bag down. Simon watched as she loosened the jacket she had tied around her waist before putting it on top of it. Without stopping, she started looking through filing cabinets, which made him raise a brow. "And, what do you think you're doing?"

"Isn't it obvious?" she asked without looking up at him. "I'm looking for anything interesting."

"I was here first."

"I don't particularly care about that."

At the irritation in her voice, he chuckled. It was then she faced him, and he smiled as he recalled the memories in the cabin. "Someone's a little crabby. Are you still upset with me?"

Daija only rolled her eyes, which was something he expected. He held up the flash drive he took for her to see. "By the way, this is the most interesting thing here. So, I wouldn't waste your time." Then, he put it back in his suit.

She smiled sweetly, but sarcastically. "Like I told you before, Simon, go fuck yourself."

He sighed amusingly as he met her eyes. "Daija, you and I both know that you'd rather have me fuck you, so how about we not go there, hm?" Her eyes widened slightly, and his gaze dipped to her body. The heroes' suit was still awful, and it wasn't fair since she looked so good in it.

Simon shook his head softly to keep his thoughts together. Since when were superheroes allowed to be this attractive? "You have no idea how much I hate that suit," he said.

"Well, I have to wear it on missions, like a good hero should. The same way you have to wear yours," she said, and she walked into the other room, probably looking for something else within the office. But Simon already checked, and he knew that nothing was there except for a desk and chair.

And just like that, we end up back in an office, Simon joked to himself as he started to follow her.

"And like I told you earlier this week," she said to him. "I'm going to wear this suit just to spite you."

"Did you forget what I said in response to that?" he asked.

She faced him, and he could tell that she thought about it once or twice. "Whatever this material is -- you can't rip it. I tried. So, ripping this off of my body is gonna have to remain one of your fantasies."

I beg to differ. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," she answered as she held his stare. "What do you have against it anyway? The color isn't that bad."

You're adorable when you lie.

He watched as she propped herself up on the desk and smiled at him. "Or are you jealous that it's their colors and not yours?"

Such a brat tonight, are we? He thought. He kept his gaze on her and exhaled softly as his tongue poked the inside of his cheek.

"Aw, Simon," she laughed at him. "You're so adorable. Don't worry. I shouldn't be wearing this forever. I have no interest in being a weapon."

Ah, I see. "Does knowing their true intentions make you sad?"

"No. Just makes me want to destroy them even more."

Finally, he asked because he had to know. "So, once there's nothing left of the heroes, what are you going to do?"

She thought for a moment, and there was something in her eyes that he couldn't place. "Probably find better ways to use my powers. What about you?" she asked quietly. Her answer was uncertain, and it seemed like she hadn't been thinking about life after the heroes' defeat.

"Once I have Kunross, I'll start dreaming bigger and find a way to take over the country," he answered.

"Then the world?" she asked as she raised a brow.

"Then the world."

Daija stared at him, but she was lost in her thoughts. Like before when he asked her to join his side, there was that small shift in her brown eyes. An excited, dreamy glimmer that appeared when she heard or saw something she craved. He smiled as he sat down in the chair beside the desk.

"What is it?" she asked when she noticed his smile.

"That's something you want, isn't it?"

She jumped to deny it, but he knew better. "What makes you think that?"

"I know when you want something," he explained. "There's this look in your eyes. It was there when we originally started this game, it was there when you were on top of me at OpalSpace, it was there when you almost killed Justin, and it's there now." Daija didn't respond to that, so he asked her, "What did I tell you about taking what you want?"

She looked away from her, and she tried to answer him properly. "I- I know what you said, but-" she stopped short, and again it looked like she was too deep in her own mind. She sighed quietly, then the room was silent altogether.

Why do you hold back when you can have everything? He thought before gently telling her, "Look at me." When she faced him, he relaxed in the chair and said, "I have no interest or reason to judge you, so if you're comfortable enough, you can talk to me. What about that makes you so afraid?"

Simon had an idea of what her answer might've been, but he wanted to ask anyway. Daija was unpredictable in the best ways imaginable. There was never anything dull about her, nor expected. It's why he was so interested in her. He patiently waited for her to stop sorting her thoughts out so she could answer.

"There's this line. For the most part, I've been doing a good job avoiding it. Maybe it was my powers manifesting, and the fact it meant I didn't have to be so helpless anymore, but lately I've been dying to cross it," she muttered quietly. "And if I do cross it, it'll be over. I know myself enough to know that I won't want to turn back, and that I won't want to stop."

He understood. Power, especially the kind of power they had, made already-thin lines more dangerously tempting to cross. She had the power to fight back now, the ability to get revenge, but as much as she wanted it, it scared her. "I understand," he said. "But what if you're not meant to stop?"

"I have people who need me. I don't want to break their hearts. I know what you're thinking: I can take what I want without them knowing, but one day, they'll find out. I just wish it was simple."

No one close to her knows that she's a telekinetic? Simon thought, and he couldn't imagine having the power he had with no one to talk to. "Nothing about it is simple," he said. "I get it."

"The scariest part is that I know I'm going to cross that line. I just don't know when," she admitted with a soft sigh. "I know I sound like a kid, but-"

"No, you're right. It's terrifying. It was scary for me, too."

Relief, and even a bit of comfort filled her eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah, but that's a story for another day," he said, and he felt better at the sight of her shoulders slightly relaxing. She was still guarded, but she felt a little better and that was all he cared about. Then, he smiled. "Wanna practice?"

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"What do you want right this second?"

Daija hummed as she faked a thoughtful expression. "I don't know if I want to punch you for what you did a few nights ago, or if I want to kiss you."

Simon's heart did something stupid within his chest, and he grinned. "Whichever one you want more, take it." Though I do prefer the latter. I would appreciate going home without bruises tonight.

Daija stood up from the desk and walked over to where he was sitting, then she straddled him and put her arms around his neck. Immediately, his hands went to grab her waist. Up close, he admired her long lashes, the shape of her eyes, the fullness of her lips and the dimples that appeared when she smiled. She smelled like lavender and vanilla, and he picked up a touch of peppermint that was more than likely from whatever product she used in her hair.

He felt his heart begin to race, and at that moment, he knew he was completely powerless against her. Not because of her abilities, but her beauty, her inner fire and her drive. He found himself studying every detail of her face, memorizing like he always did with anything that he wanted to draw or paint later.

"Well?" he asked quietly.

She reached up and used a gentle, soft hand to caress his face. "Patience," she whispered. "Who's eager now?"

Then she leaned in and placed her lips on his forehead, his cheeks, his nose. It only made Simon want her more. "You're teasing," he said with a quiet groan.

"Yes, and I'm having fun with it."

"For fuck's sake, Daija, just kiss-" She pressed her lips against his, and he sighed at the softness of them and the raspberry flavor of her gloss. His heart pounded even more when he felt her smile behind his lips. Though the kiss was full of desire, it was also tender.

When he felt her hands trail down his body, a small part of him ignited. His hands slid to her hips, slowly moving them back and forth on him. At that, Daija deepened the kiss, drawing a small groan from him. There were sparks everywhere she touched him, and all he thought about was how he wanted to feel this all the time.

Daija broke off the kiss, and Simon furrowed his brows. "That's it?" He was nowhere near ready to be done with her.

"You really thought it was going to go further after you edged me? Seriously?"

He smiled at the memory of her frustration. "It was worth it. Was this your big revenge?"

She shook her head. "Oh, of course not. That was just the beginning."

Oh? "If that's the kind of game we're playing now, Daija, you'll really hate me," he said as he walked with her back to the other room, his mind already spinning with new, filthy ideas. "You'll beg by the time I'm done with you."

Daija tied her jacket around her waist and tossed her bag over her shoulder before facing him. "I may have problems with taking what I want," she started as she looked at his lips before his eyes once more. "But trust me, I don't beg for anything."

"You will."

She scoffed as she started her way out of the office. "Bye, Simon. Don't burn the entire tunnel while you're having fun in here."

"No promises." He watched her go, then chuckled to himself as he returned to the papers.

He was enjoying this way more than he was supposed to.

-----

"Hey," Luca greeted with a small smile as Simon returned to base. "How'd it go? You're smiling pretty big there."

"Pretty good," he answered. "Should I even bother to ask why you're still up at this hour?"

"Nope."

Simon rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Is Tony still here? I actually got something from the heroes that I want to show him."

"Yeah, I'll walk with you. What'd you get?"

"This flash drive. It's-" Simon stopped when he patted his pocket and realized that it wasn't there. Immediately, he checked the other pocket. Did I drop it?

Then it hit him. Daija kissing him. Her hands sliding down his body and to his pockets. She left right when she took what she wanted just like he told her to do.

"My god," he breathed out with a scoff. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me!!"

Luca raised a brow and crossed his arms. "What's going on?"

Simon ignored him and started laughing. This was why he looked forward to rivaling Daija and all of her unpredictability. You clever, clever woman. "Perfect," he said in-between laughs. "Just perfect."

Another filthy trick. Maybe I should keep a closer eye on you, my pretty hero. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.3K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...
2.2K 85 13
When a weak superhero meets a morally grey supervillain, who shall triumph? The answer may be something none of them had ever expected. Lol this is...
179K 5.1K 47
He usually prefers his employees to be less...bubbly. Energetic. A little more like him, essentially. But there was something about her the moment sh...
173K 5.1K 26
CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ Recommended Prequel to All But Rejected Mate. This story is the sad beginning behind the Fury family. It takes three gene...