CTRL

By elysianfieId

You'll never see the Poltergeist coming. Miles Morales elysianfieIds Β© 2022 gra... More

00 letter i'll never send (cause he's dead)
Mission One: Sisyphus' Climb

CTRL

2.1K 82 107
By elysianfieId

ARE YOU READY, PLAYER ONE?

YES     NO

Welcome to. . .

DEAR DIARY,
It was an accident, I swear.
I think I'm losing it all.

[ VOICEOVER . . . ]

There's a distinct inability to see the inevitable coming. It's definite. Always occurring without failure or mercy. It is not kind—it does not cradle your jaw in soft hands and hold you close till the worst is over—it's vicious. Interns for wolves, the vapidness of science at its most purest form, the answer to a guessing game. It's the snap of your neck as the hands on your jaw sharply twist and suddenly the activity in your brain begins to shut down as you think you see that last flickering light. 

There is no flickering light. Instead, it's your brain's last attempt as it grasps for straws in order to stay afloat. Because, at the end of it all, every phenomena is held to a standard in which they are explainable. They make it easy to look upon a reality where quite clearly A + B = C, and there's very little chance for that instance to change. 

Mostly.

Kai Galbraith knows that she never meant for the accident to happen because that's the point of them. She would never have seen it coming. By definition an accident is described as "an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury". It was definite, meant to be. It was meant to be that the accident only resulted in "damage or injury" for one. It was meant to be that only one made it out alive.

You see, Player One, it goes like this: A (Unchecked machinery left in the hands of lead Forensic Anthropologist Oliver Galbraith, his lead intern/daughter Kai Galbraith and the new untrained intern) + B (An unknowingly unstable experiment) still distinctly equals C (Oliver Galbraith in a casket and Kai Galbraith feeling abandoned and left to deal with the repercussions on her own while the new intern is nowhere to be seen); A (The accident) + B (An adolescent brain dealing with intense trauma) = C (An unexplainable and new affinity for a certain type of manipulation, and maybe some PTSD just to balance it all).

It goes like this: A (A father dies due to corporate negligence, leaving his daughter behind the wolf of a girl she once was) + B (Kai Galbraith has set her rational mind to mastering her new abilities and blaming Coldwell Technologies for her father's demise).

There's only one end result:

C (Revenge).

ARE YOU READY TO CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER, PLAYER ONE?

YES     NO

CHOICE ONE:

KAI GALBRAITH
AKA Poltergeist

Luck:
Charisma:
 ██
Strength: ███
Perception: ████
Intelligence: █████

Well, that was quick. Faster than most.
YOU HAVE CHOSEN KAI GALBRAITH? 
ARE YOU SURE? She's rather unlucky. . .

YES     NO

Fine, then greet her team. . .

MILES MORALES
AKA Spider-Man

Luck: ███
Charisma: ███
Strength: ████
Perception: █████
Intelligence: ████

VERONICA ZHAO
AKA The Tech Intern

GANKE LEE
AKA The Confidant

PETER PARKER
AKA The Mentor

⚔︎

CITADEL LABS / Leaders of the House of Death:
Dr. Oliver Galbraith—Particles and Entomology. ✝︎
Dr. Lark Temperance—Computer Analyst / Expert in Forensic Facial Reconstruction.
Dr. Finley Wells—Forensic Anthropologist / Head of Forensics Division.
Dr. Thomas Daniels—Forensic Pathologist.
Agent Addy Wilson — FBI Consultant.

YOUR MISSION?
INVESTIGATE COLDWELL TECHNOLOGIES
AND SET THE BALANCE RIGHT.

STATUS: UNCOMPLETE.
PRESS CONTINUE TO COMPLETE.

LET THE GAME BEGIN.

AUTHORS NOTE: hi! i've been publishing a lot recently, haven't i? anyway, on with the disclaimers!

✝︎ CTRL is set not within the MCU universe but the Spider-Man game universe. this isn't my attempt at integrating Miles into something i wouldn't want to put him near anyway. so, if you're not at all really interested in the MCU, today is your lucky day. i will be taking my own creative liberties in regards to plot lines as per usual. thats my business. but consider this set post-phin/tinkerer and roxxon energy with building blocks of my own corporations and conspiracies within the universe.

✝︎ at the root of this fic, this is a study of a rational character attempting to come to grips with something almost completely irrational, grief. and if you ask kai, psychology. she doesn't understand it at all, but she'll get there. i swear. she's going to sound brash and without tact but kai means the best for the people in her life always. first and foremost she is loyal to a fault.

✝︎ most romance will be secondary and won't occur till later because i'm pretty big on people sorting through their trauma before entering into a relationship. in saying that, get ready to join me on a journey of I CHOOSE YOU ON PURPOSE because it's my favourite trope and the building blocks to all relationships i create. it's just my favourite thing okay. park's even made a meme about it:

✝︎ and obviously all character art rights go to their original owners, these are merely being used in a casting capacity and are obviously not my own. however, in saying that thank you so much to bayports for creating every single one of the graphics that you see for this book. they are the mastermind behind the operation and i merely put it all together. ALSO, regarding park, this is another entry into their SATOVERSE which includes a vast amount of the spider characters and the Sato Sisters which are some of my favourite characters that park has created. thank you so much for all of this, i couldn't be more thankful. 

✝︎ this is dedicated to my gotham knights ( bayportssweetjawreguimetalbenders ), my declan/jiang defenders ( artemisticspurehcroine ) and medusatruther. thank you all so much for dealing with my insecure ass when it comes to just about everything i create. i'm extremely appreciative of everything you all do for me and i love you guys very much. my stinks 🫶🏻 🫶🏻🫶🏻

anyway, let the game begin!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 11.9K 35
ΰͺœβ€βž΄α‘£π­© hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader ΰͺœβ€βž΄α‘£π­© 𝑰𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
442K 13.3K 73
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
863K 40.2K 172
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
234K 5.7K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc