Boss's Order's

By lilmissbecki

Working at one of New York's largest companies as personal assistant to Mr Steele, owner and CEO of Steele in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapters 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 17

38.5K 1.3K 33
By lilmissbecki

The next six weeks passed in a blur. I'd changed Doctor's to our old family Doctor here in Seattle, and she'd been keeping an eye on me and my jelly bean closely.

Xavier hasn't given up trying to contact me since I left. Mel rings everyday too, but I'm too hurt to answer them. I did however, send Mel an email, letting her know that me, and jelly bean are both fine and safe.

Mia and Mac have been a constant support to me, and I couldn't thank them enough.
I was still deeply hurt over what Xavier had done, and vowed to never trust him like I had before, ever again.
I planned on moving back to New York next month, before it got too risky for me to fly. I wanted to be back where I was familiar, and in my own home.

I wasn't sure what to do with the Xavier situation. I was carrying his baby, and I'm pretty sure he still wants to be involved with his, or her's upbringing. I just couldn't bring myself to talk to him, I couldn't describe the pain I'm in if I tried.

There had been rumours for the last two weeks that Xavier has been seeing Jade - the brunette he cheated on me with, but no concrete proof of it - it made me sick just thinking about it.
There had been a lot of speculation after my quick departure from Xavier's life, and somehow the press had got wind, that I might be carrying his child.
It became extremely hard to leave the house, because I didn't want Xavier finding out where I'd been hiding.
I'd literally been stuck in my house for the last four weeks, and was starting to get a real case of cabin fever.

I'm due an appointment at the Doctor's today, to have a check up and to find out the sex of jelly bean, and I'm so excited over it. Mia is coming with me for support, and I feel sad that Mel and Xavier aren't here with me, but he caused this, so I don't feel too guilty.

Mac drives us out of my estate in a black BMW. I'm wearing black slacks, a purple blouse. I have my long blonde hair tied up, and I'm wearing sunglasses, hoping that no one will notice me.

My bump is pretty big now, I'm nearing the end of my 16th week, and have already felt jelly bean's first movements.
I'd had to send Mia out to buy me maternity wear after my 13th week, because my clothes didn't fit me anymore, I'd taken to borrowing some of Mac's old sweat pants, while she went shopping and got me what I needed.

Arriving at the hospital, Mac dropped us outside the entrance, and we quickly made our way inside to the maternity wing.
Signing myself in, we went to sit and wait for my name to be called out.
It didn't take too long, and soon were lead into an examination room.

Dr Smith is sat smiling widely at me, as I enter the room.

"Ah Arianna, it's good to see you again, dear. Lay down on the bed for me, please?" She asks me kindly.

I do as she asked, and Mia takes a seat beside me.
I hand my notes from my bag to Doctor Smith, and she quickly scans them, then types my details into the computer.

"Okay Arianna, we're going to do another ultrasound today, to check how your baby's growing. Do you want to know the sex?" She asks.

"Yes please, I'd love to know what jb is."

She nods and grabs some gel, putting some onto my stomach. Taking the wand she moves it around my stomach, and I stare at the screen fascinated.

There's jb, just a lot bigger this time. I can see it moving around, and it's weird to see exactly what part of my baby's kicking me on the screen.

The Doctor moves the scanner around a lot, and the silence starts making me edgey.

"Right Arianna, your baby is perfectly healthy. All the measurements are very good, and it's obviously very active from what I can see. Now it looks like your having a baby boy, from what I can tell, anyway. Congratulations Arianna, on such a healthy baby." Doctor Smith replies, smiling happily at me.

Mia squeezes my hand, and I look away from the screen and realise I'm crying.

"Do you want any pictures printing?" Doctor Smith asks me gently.

I nod at her, and she leaves me alone with Mia. Mia comes to me and hugs me tightly.

"Oh Arianna, you're having a little boy, he's going to be such a spoilt little man. Are you pleased, sweetie?" She asks me softly.

"Oh, I'm so happy Mia, I wanted a boy so much, so that Xavier could have a heir for his buisness. But I don't want my baby to be used that way, I'm just happy he's healthy and growing as he should be." I reply, trying my best to smile.

"And he won't be used darling, you'll be there to protect him. Now cheer up sweetie, we have lots of shopping to do for your little man." She says, grinning widely at my obvious look of horror.

Doctor Smith comes in and hands me a few pictures, after taking my blood pressure, and weight, and measuring my bump, we ring Mac to come pick us up.

I can't keep the smile from my face as I get into the car, and Mac looks relieved to see me so happy.

"Boy or girl? Come on, the suspense is killing me?" He begs as we set off home.

"Boy." I grin at him, and he whoops happily.

"Finally another man around the house." He replies happily.

I shake my head at him, and continue smiling all the way home.

Later that night I'm wracked with guilt. I want to get in touch with Xavier about our baby, but don't want to talk about anything else. Deciding to text him, I turn my phone back on, and wait for it to load up.

Once it's on, I gape at the amount of missed calls and messages I have. Xavier, and Mel's being the most.

Typing out a quick message, I send it before i lose the courage.

To Xavier:
From Arianna

Xavier, we need to talk. I will only speak to you through messages, so don't bother ringing, because I won't answer you.  A

I recieve a reply immediately.

From Xavier:
To Arianna

Where are you? Is the baby okay? I'm so sorry cara, please come home? Let me explain.  Xavier

I roll my eyes at his pathetic apology.

To Xavier:
From Arianna

Yes, the baby's fine. No I won't come home, and no I don't want your pathetic apology, it's not good enough.
I text you to let you know I had a checkup today, the baby's perfectly healthy, and we're having a boy!
Don't harass me to return to you because it's not going to happen, you ruined us, and there's no way back from what you did.  A

I don't get a reply for so long that I start getting ready for bed, and try to think of something else.
My phone finally buzzes, making me jump.

From Xavier:
To Arianna

I'm happy to hear our son is healthy and growing well. I'll do as you've asked to not ask you to return to me, but you need to tell me where you are. It's not safe for you, or our son to be alone like this.  Xavier

I laugh at his supposed concern.

To Xavier:
From Arianna

I'm not alone. I'll be returning to New York soon, but I want you to stay away. Seeing you will only cause me, and jb stress, and I'm not ready to see you yet. You hurt me too much Xavier! A

I lay down and get comfortable, waiting for his reply.

To Arianna:
From Xavier

I'm sorry Arianna, so very sorry about all of this. I hope  you'll let me explain soon? I hope you'll allow me to be a part of our son's life, too?  Xavier

I scowl at my phone angrily, how dare he ask that?

To Xavier:
From Arianna

Being a part of our son's life, once he's born has never been an issue. Me forgiving you is just your wishful thinking. I will never forgive you for what you've done. I gave you my innocence and am carrying your child, and yet you still betrayed me in the most awful way. Don't waste my time expecting my forgiveness.   A

Turning my phone off after sending it, I curl up and fall to sleep dreaming of my little man, and how much I love him already.

Comment and Vote! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423 47 9
You know what sad about love?its when you happen to know that there's just no hope for you being together yet you still pray to make it work. Its whe...
3.5K 89 32
If an office romance isn't allowed but an office romance occurs surely there will be repercussions? This is what April finds out when starting her ne...
3.3K 80 52
Each day is a gift and not a given right. I often say that to myself, to be thankful for every day and count my blessings. I never expected to be wh...
1.4K 14 8
The ambience of my world was pain and suffering. It was my source of inspiration, my means of survival. It built the family I have now, the man I am...