An Otome Game? More Like A Su...

De vara_user

Kim Rok Soo died after saving a girl from a sudden unranked monster attack. When he opened his eyes, he was i... Mai multe

Chapter 1 Part 1 : Could All of This Get Any Worse?
Chapter 1 Part 2 : Could All of This Get Any Worse?
Chapter 1 Pary 3 : Could All of This Get Any Worse?
Chapter 1 Part 4 : Could All of This Get Any Worse?
Chapter 2 Part 1 : Could All of This Get Any Worse? II
Chapter 2 Part 3 : Could All of This Get Any Worse? II
Chapter 2 Part 4 : Could All of This Get Any Worse? II

Chapter 2 Part 2 : Could All of This Get Any Worse? II

5.3K 398 153
De vara_user

Violan dropped the documents in her hand. Her grip weakened upon hearing Ron's report. Her pupils shook viciously. With a trembled voice, she asked.

"... What did you say?"

"I think the young master was self harming, My Lady."

Ron patiently repeated his report.

"B-But why would he—No, it's obvious. From how he behave ... no wonder he was quiter than usual. I knew it! His mental state must be unstable! What should I do? Should I call a doctor?"

"My Lady, I think calling a doctor will make the young master stressed even more. Isn't it better if we secretly observe him and slowly helped him recover?"

Ron said it calmly. Seeing the old's man calm demeanor making the previously panicked Violan also calm down. She took a deep breath, tried to clear her mind, before nodded.

"You're right. Then Ron, can I ask you a favor to keep an eye on Cale? At the very least, please continue to be by his side and stop him if he's about to do anything strange."

Violan knew that she couldn't always be by Cale's side, even though she wanted so badly. But Ron, he had been by Cale's side since the child was born. Violan was sure Ron knew Cale better than she did, maybe even more than Deruth.

Ron was probably not a good person. He only been doing his duty of serving Cale all this time, but hadn't paid much attention to him. However, constantly watching this child for thirteen years formed a bond with him. Ron probably didn't want to admit it, but for some reason he felt some affection toward the redhead.

It couldn't be helped. How could he not feel affection toward him, as Ron saw with his own eyes since Cale was born, through a happy childhood with his birth mother, then slowly begin to change when his mother died, becoming more lifeless and less expressive. After that, things got worse when Deruth remarried. Completely overturned Cale's gentle and carefree personality, turning into a problematic and trashy child.

Ron was also a father. He remembered the time he and Beacrox were still on the run when their household was destroyed. Beacrox was forced to mature early, unable to experience a happy childhood. However, Cale was different. He was born in a peaceful environment. He should be able to grow up happily without worrying about anything. But the child who should have grown up happy was actually depressed to the point of almost committing suicide.

Just ... why is life so cruel?

"Of course, My Lady. I will observe the young master, ensure his safety. You don't have to worry."

This time, Ron would make sure that his puppy young master would grow up well. Perhaps he would ask his son, Beacrox, to help monitor Cale as well. He's sure that his son wouldn't mind.

"I think the young master stays in his room too often. How about asking him out once in a while, My Lady?"

"Oh, you're right! Can you help me set it up? If the weather is nice, maybe I'll take him out to town tomorrow."

"Sure, Countess."

"Alright, Ron. Thank you for the advice. You're dismissed."

Violan cheerfully tidied up the documents she had dropped as soon as Ron stepped out. Ah, if she's not mistaken, during the tea party at Countess Ubarr's residence yesterday, they said that pets are good for child therapy. Maybe Violan would take Cale to the pet shop. For a child his age, Cale had no friends. Could he be lonely?

After finishing all her work—and leave the rest to Griselda--Violan immediately went straight to Cale's room. Cale was slacking on his bed reading a book while eating cookies, a little surprised to find his stepmother come to visit him.

He immediately changed his position, sat on the edge of his bed and quickly patting his shirt which was slightly dirty from cookies crumb.

"Mother, what bring you here?"

"Cale, am I disturbing you?"

"No, Mother. It's fine."

Violan's eyes fell on Cale's left wrist which was covered in bandages. She bit her lower lip, secretly clenching her fists behind her back. She walked toward Cale, carressed the thirteen years old boy's head.

"Cale, how about we go to city tomorrow?"

Cale flinched at the sudden invitation.

"May I know why, Mother?"

"Aren't you bored? Let's do some shopping too. What do you think?"

Cale tilted his head, slightly confused why his mother asked him suddenly like this. Well, this isn't a bad thing. After all, Cale hasn't gone outside since he came to this world. To be honest he was a little curious what the world out there looks like.

So he just nod his head, accepted the Countess' offer.

"Sure. I don't see why not."

"Perfect. I'll let your father know that we're gonna have some outing tomorrow. Then, please rest well, dear. I'll get going."

Violan smiled in satisfaction, lightly patting Cale on the shoulder. Cale simply nodded back, still clueless towards his mother's strange attitude.

Ron who stand on the door also looks satisfied for some reason, making Cale couldn't help but frowned. Seriously, what's wrong with everyone?

***

The next day, the mother-son duo went to the city together. Cale seeing the Henituse's carriage in awe. Their carriage looks so luxurious with the family crest on the door clad in gold. The seats are very soft, he didn't even feel the slightest wobble when the carriage moves on the rocky road.

Cale looked up at the view of the city from the carriage window. Since this was a magical world, Cale thought he would see people going back and forth using magic brooms or something. Turns out he was wrong. Cale felt embarrassed of himself for his childish thoughts. Looks like he's been reading too many fantasy novels.

The view of the city is ... quite ordinary. If compared to Korea, it looks more like a village than a city. Well, what did he expect? Even though there's magic here, the technology in this world is still far behind.

Violan took Cale around town, shopped for clothes, went to see the merchandise at the bazaar, and more. At first maybe Cale was kind of excited, but over time he felt bored and tired. He's only been here a few hours. However Cale already missed his soft bed. Ah, he wanted to go home and sleep.

Cale walked lazily while holding his mother's hand, didn't want to get seperated in this sea of peoples. They currently were looking around the bazaar. There is a lot of merchandise here. Starting from selling food, accessories, to fortune teller. Cale looked around while munching cookies. He hug a big bag full of sweets that Violan bought for him.

— Summoner, is it taste good? I want to try it!

Cale sighed, let the Glutton secretly take some cookie from him. He hopes no one will notice there's a mysterious cookie flying around them.

— Ho! Human really are good with making new dishes! Food in the divine world really has no improvement. It's a good thing I made a contract with you!

'You can still come to this world by making contract with someone else, though?'

Cale wanted to say that, but he decided to shut up.

"Only one bronze coin, Sir! This is newly updated newspaper!"

A gray haired little girl, around six years old, waving newspaper on her hand, offering every single peoples that cross by. Her other hand was holding a younger child with red hair.

"One bronze coin, Sir?"

She nicely offered one to Cale when he passing in front of her, made Cale stopped his step.

Cale stared at the two childs in front of him. They were wearing shabby clothes and looks so thin. It made him recalled for a certain memories in his previous life, when his parents just died because a car accident, leaving him alone as an orphans.

Cale didn't pity them, but he just don't like seeing children who should be living comfortably without worrying anything working hard like this in order to live. The redhead clicked his tongue, then take the newspaper from the girl's hand.

The girl's definitelly looks happy when the older kid taking her newspaper. She saw the kid reaching his pocket, then take out some coins.

However, the girl surprised when she realized that there was a gold coin slipped behind the bronze coin that the boy had given her.

"Sir, this ... t-this is too much!"

Her hand trembled. She tried to give the gold coin back, but the boy refuse.

"What are you talking about? Aren't you selling this? Or you want to give this for free?"

Cale gave an annoyed expression. The girl quickly understand what's Cale trying to say. One gold coin equal to one million galloons. If there's someone else realized that Cale had just given her a gold coin, they'd definitelly tried to rob her. The girl grab the coin tightly, then bowed her head.

"Thank you, Sir!"

Her younger brother didn't really understand what's currently happening, but seeing his sister bow toward the red haired boy, he decided to bowed his head too. He then stared at the bag of cookies in Cale's arm, gulping down his saliva.

Cale just let out a deep sigh, then give the bag of cookies to them.

"Here, just take it."

Their eyes suddenly lightened up, sparklings like a puppy.

"Thank you, Sir!"

"Sigh, whatever."

Violan watched Cale with a touched heart. Cale was truly a gentle child, even though he didn't show it directly. He even gave his pocket money to street children. Cale who seemed to understand what was Violan currently thinking, immediately said.

"I just wanted to buy a newspaper to see the news. They just happen to sell it."

Violan just nod her head, playing along with Cale who tried to denied.

"Of course. Then, shall we continue? I saw a good paintings over there. Let's check it out."

Cale held his sigh, just nodded obediently.

'Haaah, I'm tired.'

Cale continue walking and holding Violan's hand, while his other hand were holding the newspaper. He read the news from the front page.

[The Amazing Magic Swordmaster Born From The Commoners Has Appeared In The Roan's Empire!]

Bellow that line, there's a picture of a raven haired boy smiled innocently while scratching his cheek.

Cale's eyes clouded.

'It's Choi Han. His appearance really similar like the game'

He then read the next page.

[Beloved Friendship Between Royal Crown Prince Alberu and Young Master Adin At The Royal Banquet]

"Heh."

Cale held his laugh.

Royal Crown Prince Alberu Crossman, the second love interest.

In his route, Adin, the son of an archduke, was his rival.

They perhaps looks like a best friend from the outside. But actually they were pointing knife on each other's throat. Adin's family were on the second's prince fraction, and he's trying his best to surpress Alberu by pretending being his best friend, so he can stab him in the back later.

On the other hand, Alberu couldn't openly told him to scram. It could damage his reputation. So he just played along with Adin's game, never put down his guard because he never know when that bastard would take away his crown.

'Haaa, I don't want to take any part of their drama.'

Yes. Let's avoid Alberu and Adin from now on—no, let's just avoid all the love interest.

Cale opened the another page of the newspaper.

[The Roan Magic Academy Will Open Their New Semester! Who's Gonna Be The Next Best Mage In The Empire??]

And finally, this ....

The starting point of his misfortune.

He wishes he could just not go there, so he can slack around and live a comfortably life without worrying to be killed by the love interest.

'Should I ran away and hide somewhere for the rest of my life?'

Remembering about his over-protective family, they definitely going to search him until the end of the world. So it probably won't work.

"Haaaaa, life is sure hard."

Cale mumbled to himself, makes the spirits looking at him with confused face.

— Did he gone crazy because he's hungry?

The Glutton asked innocently, makes Cale sighed once again.

"So hard."

***

YAYYY, Cale finally meet the kittens!!

And poor Cale, the AP—ahem, I mean spirit giving Cale more and more headache than already is. Dude just want some slack but the universe forbids it 🏃

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2.7K 120 9
Cale Henituse went missing after being beaten by Choi han. Kim rok soo was send to the world and met choi han right before he beat up Cale. But faile...
2.7K 186 8
Where did I fail? Where did I go wrong? Was it wrong of me to comfort my father? Was it wrong of me to accept my step family? Was it wrong of me to...
157K 9.2K 37
After the death of Countess Jour Thames Henituse Deruth didn't only mourn his beloved wife's death, he did too. mourn his son who he didn't even kno...
159K 9.5K 39
What if The original Cale didn't got transferred to another world and stay in the original world? let us find out! Cale Henituse.. Cale has the title...