The Tigers of Chi-Ha-Tan ReRi...

By Nazzum11

Miho and her Tigress Corps push forward in their dream to do the impossible, yet before even a cannon is fire... More

The Pack Is Stronger Together
For We Follow The Nishizumi Style
Our Time is Now, Yours is Ending
Roar your names to the sky
First Round Report
The Little Wolf Pups First Steps
Our Bond is More Than About Sensha-do
For you are a Nishizumi Part 2
The Howls Of The Coming Night
To A Team Of Oddballs
The Fated Two
All Quiet On The Front
Chi-Ha-Tan Vs Oaria Alliance Part 1
Chi-Ha-Tan Vs Oaria Alliance Part 2
Chi-Ha-Tan Vs Oaria Alliance Part 3
Chi-Ha-Tan Vs Oaria Alliance Part 4
Chi-Ha-Tan Vs Oaria Alliance Part 5
Chi-Ha-Tan Vs Ooaria Alliance Part 6
Chi-Ha-Tan Vs Ooaria Alliance Part 7
An Ode To Us

The Calm Before The Storm

85 3 0
By Nazzum11

4 Days to Match Day

"So did meeting your idol turn out to be everything you wanted, Miss Guderian?" Erwin ask with a smug look, as her and Yukari walk to their tank garage, as today they were going to meet their new teammates who were coming to reinforce their team.

Yukari scratch her cheek in embarrassment. "Maybe more exciting than I anticipated. Yet more fun than it should have been."

A chuckle from Erwin follow her commander's statement. "Well your exploits of getting out of there are like the Great Escape."

"I don't think it was that elaborate, plus didn't only three people actually get away from that German prison camp?" Yukari question her friend with a smile.

"Oh, true, maybe I should think of something better," Erwin said, now going into deep thought.

"The Raid at Ožbalt?"

"That's it!" Erwin said, pointing at Yukari.

"Eh, that was more of a guess than anything, though Miss Nishizumi did help me escape, so I guess that is close enough," Yukari said with a chuckle.

Erwin nodded at that. "Still pretty crazy you used a horse to escape. Even going so far as to kidnap their commander."

"Please don't say it like that, I just saw it as my only escape path. You should have seen how angry those Chi-Ha-Tan girls look when they came running through their academy to get me. I'm sure they would have strung me up and torture me if I didn't get away," Yukari said with a shudder, thinking about the braided hair girl who look ready to strangle her because Yukari accidentally straddle Miho, though she made no effort to get off before the braided girl showed up.

Erwin patted her commander's shoulder as they continue to walk. "Well we're glad you got home safely. That's all that matters in the end. Who do you think our new reinforcements are going to be?"

"I was thinking some team that was defeated in the tournament would be my guess. Maybe Saunders is going to join us or Jakostota," Yukari said excitedly, thinking over the awesome tanks they could bring into their team.

"Maybe Bellwall, they have some great Russian and German tanks," Erwin said.

"A rare T-44 fighting by our side sounds so cool right?!" Yukari said, her mind picturing it her head so vividly.

"Yep, we have the best of both worlds fighting at our side, though Stalin would be tossing in his grave to see his precious Russian tanks fighting beside German ones," Erwin replied.

Yukari chuckle a bit. "I think he can forgive us, especially if we beat a team like Kuromorimine in the end."

"Ambitious as all ways Miss Guderian, but let's make sure to beat our current foe first," Erwin reminded.

"Yes I understand Erwin, our strategy will win for sure. Thanks for all your help, I don't think I could have done it without you," Yukari said in a praising tone for her friend.

"Don't mind, you're the one that really help mold us. Your constant positivity really brought us up, a real motivator that could rival General Patton," Erwin tease a bit.

"Ah! Don't make me out to be scary like that, I never hit anyone of you over battle fatigue," Yukari whined at Erwin.

Erwin laugh at her friend's reaction. It made her glad to fight under the command of Yukari, who she became friends with instantly when they began to talk. If anything, Yukari fit right in with Erwin's military history buff crew, making her sad to think they had never found each other before Oarai's tankery team was started up again. Since Yukari would have made fast friends with their group. It didn't help Erwin's guilt about never meeting Yukari before, especially when she learn from said girl of her lonely first year at Oarai and for most of her life since she didn't find other girls who were tank enthusiast like her, which made Erwin feel more guilty she never reach out to her.

Yet Erwin put that all behind her, Yukari was now her close friend and the two worked in complete sync with each other when it came to strategies. Erwin still remember the elation she felt when their bold attack strategy actually work against West Kureouji Grona High School, that even Erwin had some small doubts before the match when she spoke about it with her commander. Yet Yukari just had this confident smile on her face, telling Erwin to trust her and she did.

Now Oarai, a team that had fought with less tanks than the opposing team in previous matches, had won both of them in spectacular fashion. In turn, shocking the Sensha-do world as a team of oddballs were beating the veterans of the sport. Erwin never felt more alive than now, she had made more friends with such an odd and diverse group of girls, but could not see her life now without them. They may have come from different walks of life, but they had a love for their team and tankery now that they wanted to take to the top of the Sensha-do mountain.

The two soon approach the tank garage located at the back of Oarai Girls Academy, with all of their team's tanks line up neatly outside, with their crews and commanders around them, and talking excitedly with one another about the new tank reinforcements coming to visit today and would be staying with them for as long as their run in the tournament would last.

"Can't believe we got the supplies to upgrade the Panzer 4 with armor skirts now," Erwin said taking the in the sight of their commander's tank in the middle of the line of Oarai tanks.

"I know right, we got a Panzer 4 Mark special now! It's so cool!" Yukari said excitedly.

Erwin gave her friend a sidelong look. "Don't you mean Panzer 4 Ausf. H?"

"Oh, kind of forgot to use the technical term for it," Yukari said rubbing the back of her head in embarrassment

"Nah kind of like that one better," Erwin said.

The two walk closer to take in the sight of their team of oddballs, as they were going to work their way up the entire line of tanks to talk with the crews. From the right the M3 Lee with its first-year tank commander Azusa Sawa and her crew were looking over their tank, arming it with practice shells and cleaning out their gun tubes. Azusa was in contention for rookie of the tournament with her three tank kills so far, and was only improving as time went on with her energetic crew.

Upon seeing her commander, Azusa jumped down from her tank and then came up to her commander and sub commander with a salute. "Good afternoon Miss Akiyama and Miss Erwin. Everything in our tank is set for practice with our new teammates."

"Good job, you did really well in the last match against Koala. If not for you keeping pace with their flag tank, they might have gotten away," Yukari praise her junior.

"Oh, it was nothing commander, it's your and Miss Erwin's strategy that really won the day. I'm just glad to be doing tankery, especially with my friends," Azusa said with a bright smile.

Yukari patted Azusa on the shoulder. "Don't be so modest. You're the one that spotted the flag tank running from the slugfest we were having with Koala. You reporting that back to me helped us in the confusion after we charge down the hill at them. Let's also not forget that artillery strike you call in to trap it finally, so we could take it down."

Azusa nodded at that. "Well you can't thank me personally, the expert strike was due to Utsugi, and you won't find a better radio operator than her."

Utsugi who was just finishing cleaning the 37mm gun tube, turn to look at her friend with an excited smile. "Thanks, Azusa, hopefully, my skills can impress a guy someday."

"Geez, her mind is only on guys," Azusa huffed out.

"Can you blame her? She just got dumped because her boyfriend got intimidated by her doing tankery," Ayumi Yamagou said in a teasing tone, the gunner for the 75mm gun on the M3 Lee.

"Hey!" Utsugi whined at her friend

Yukari chuckled at that along with the rest of the first years at the poor girl, then spoke. "Well, will be counting on you girls for the next match."

"Yea!" Rabbit team yell excitedly back.

Erwin and Yukari move on to the next tank in line, with Erwin's own StuG 3 being work on by her history buff friends. Upon seeing their tank commander and commander, Erwin's crew came down to salute them, to which Yukari and Erwin saluted back like they were on a parade ground.

"General Guderian, the tank is running at peak proficiency," Caesar said, her spirit name given to her, with her real name being Takako Suzuki.

"Good to hear Caesar, your masterful handling of the StuG 3 is akin to the Siege of Alesia," Yukari praised.

"Oh," Caesar replied feeling a blush come on by the praise. "You honor me commander with your words."

"Seems you been studying some history commander," Saemonza said, gunner of the StuG 3, with her usual left eye closed.

Yukari nodded at her. "A little, though World War Two is more of my area. Though thanks to you girls I get to explore all kinds of periods of warfare."

Oryou now came up to her commander with a smile. "It's rare to see a girl like to take on military history, we should know, so whenever you're up for a study session with us, let us know."

"Roger that," Yukari said happily.

"Is it true you rode a horse to escape from Chi-Ha-Tan? While also kidnapping their commander?" Caesar ask in anticipation, wanting to see if Erwin was lying about the whole thing.

"I didn't kidnap her!" Yukari said with an embarrassed voice.

Hippo team all chuckled at her reaction, knowing they were exaggerating the story a bit, yet like to poke fun at their commander who practically worship the Chi-Ha-Tan commander like she was a goddess or something.

"I hope you girls haven't been blowing the story out of proportion," Yukari said again in a dejected voice.

"We only built it up like any military general who likes to exaggerate their victories, makes for a good morale booster," Saemonza said with a proud grin.

"Like Napoleon Bonaparte?" Oryou said.

"That's it!" The rest of Hippo team said in unison pointing at Oryou.

Yukari chuckled at her friends. "Well thanks for all your hard work, I'll catch you in a few, have to look over the other crews."

"You got it commander," Erwin said with a salute. "I'll stay with my girls, and can't wait to meet our new teammates."

"Me either," Yukari said, then walk to the next tank in line.

The next tank was the newly capture AC1 Sentinel from their match with Koala Forest High School. They had repainted the tank with its former team's approval to an all-green color scheme. A fearsome cartoonish crab with its pinchers raised for a fight was painted on either side of the turret.

Working on the tank was none other than the second newest members of the team in the former girls of Oarai Girls Academy soccer club dub Crab Team. They wore the Oarai's tankery jacket like everyone, but like the volleyball team, they wanted to keep part of the former sports outfit to mix in. Instead of the white skirt, they wore their thigh-high white soccer shorts with their uniform number on the left leg, along with their long white soccer socks with the short black boots.

The tank commander of this team was Shina Miki, who was working hard on the AC1 Sentinels track. Her skin was a rich tan, a testament to her long hours on the practice field for soccer. With short black hair and rich green eyes, she was a real beauty for sure with her very tone body. Yet she was also a hard worker, who when brought into the team, questioned Yukari endlessly wanting to learn how to operate her tank to peak efficiency, as her competitiveness wanted to master the tank for her team.

Seeing her commander come up made Shina smile, then got up to talk with Yukari. "Captain, good to see you."

Yukari gave her newest teammate and friend a weary smile. "Remember it's just commander here in Sensha-do, Miss Miki."

"Whoops," Shina said while rubbing the back of her head in embarrassment. "Still trying to get used to it."

"Don't mind, how are you enjoying the AC1 Sentinel?" Yukari ask.

"Oh, things a real speedster when it gets going, though the turret gets a bit cramp even as small as we are, I don't know how those girls of Koala do it," Shina said while rubbing her shoulder as if to emphasize the point about the crampiness in the tank.

"Yea, sorry we couldn't get a more spacious one for you. Too bad Koala didn't have an AC4 in their force, I'm sure you would have enjoyed that one. Though it's probably, even more, cramp than the Sentinel," Yukari said excitedly, daydreaming a bit about the rare tank.

"What's an AC4 tank?" Shina ask with a hand on her hip.

"Imagine your AC1 Sentinel, but built with a huge 17 pounder anti-tank gun. You be a real tank destroyer for sure," Yukari said, practically bouncing in place.

"Hm, that does sound powerful. Sorry, I'm such a noob at this whole tank thing," Shina said.

Yukari walk up to her and patted her shoulder. "So were we, don't feel bad about it. The best part of our team is we learn and grow together."

Shina pipped up a bit hearing Yukari's motivation. "Have to say cap...I'm mean commander. You really got the right stuff to be the leader of this team, here I got something for you."

The former Oarai soccer player reach into one of her tankery jacket pocket and pull out an armband. It was deep blue like their uniforms with a white C on one side. In a quick motion, Shina grab Yukari's arm to hold out, then slid the armband up her arm to near her shoulder.

After making sure it was on her commander's arm snugly, Shina step back. "There you go, in soccer, we always wear that to mark our leader who the team chose to follow. Know I follow you, thankful for you taking me and my girls in so we can compete again, even if it's not in the same sport."

Yukari look in awe at the armband, then turn back to Shina with a bright smile. "Thank you for your confidence. I'll make sure to wear this into the next match."

"Looking forward to it, I'll let you get back to making your rounds," Shina said, then snap off a smart salute before heading back to her tank.

Pressing on, Yukari came up to the next tank in line. It was the Type 89 I-Go, a medium Japanese tank belonging to another displaced sports club with the volleyball girls under the command of Noriko Isobe, former captain of the Oarai girls volleyball club that had also like the soccer club, had shut down this year for lack of members.

Noriko along with her former volleyball players were going about their various task of caring for their tank. Cleaning the barrel, loading practice shells in, while making sure their engine and tracks were in working order.

Upon seeing their commander's approach, Noriko smile as she walk up to meet Yukari. "Commander, nice to see you. Oh, also nice captain armband, did Miss Miki give it to you?"

Yukari touch the armband happily. "Yep, have to say I like it too. Did you ever wear one in volleyball?"

"Nah, volleyball doesn't have us wear armbands for the captain. Instead, you just know who they are just by how much guts they display on the court," Norkio boasted while flexing one of her arms a bit.

"Yea no one's got more guts than our own Norkio," Taeko Kondou their radio operator said from atop the tank, which was match by the voices of their two other crew members in Shinobu Kawanishi their driver, and Akebi Sasaki their gunner.

"Actually I hear our commander has more guts than anyone here," Norkio said with a teasing grin.

"Eh?" Yukari said, feeling like she already knew what was about to be said.

"Heard about the whole escape from Chi-Ha-Tan, have to say didn't think you have it in you to hold the opposing commander hostage as a means to escape," Noriko said.

"Don't forget she rode double with her on a horse too," Taeko added.

"It sounds so romantic," Akebi said, clasping her hands together in joy.

"Ah, no it wasn't romantic at all," Yukari said, lying to herself.

"Well whatever the case, knowing about their new Japanese tanks really gives us the edge, I know I'm ready to show them that were the real masters of the Japanese tanks," Noriko said in a determined tone.

"Yea!" Her volleyball friends roar, matching their tank commander's enthusiasm and believing in her proclamation.

"Well I hope so, especially since we got some pretty good Japanese tanks as well that can compete with theirs," Yukari said with a nod.

Noriko place a hand on her hip, as she look down the line of tanks to the Type 5 Chi-Ri. "Well one things for sure, that Ogin girl and her crew are a strange bunch. Yet they already got a handle on that rare tank of theirs. Do you think it was a good idea to bring them in?"

"I know their rough, but Ogin and her crew are a motivated bunch, especially as this is their chance to spread their fearsome reputation across the world," Yukari said with a confident look.

"I feel like Ogin's got her mind on another prize," Shinobu said with a knowing smile.

"That prize being Miss Yuzu," Akebi said, her mind going wild at the potential romance.

Yukari chuckle. "Yea, that was a bit of a surprise. Though I think Miss Yuzu isn't into girls."

"Heh, try telling Ogin that," Noriko joke.

"True, well keep up the good work. I'll talk to you in a bit when practice starts," Yukari said, waving goodbye to the volleyball club members who wave back.

The next tank in line was the Type 3 Chi-Nu of Anteater team, led by tank game enthusiast Nekota and her online gaming friends. Yukari already knew them from playing a popular MMO tank game, where they actually had a high ranking clan who were number two in the world. If Yukari were honest, they were the first friends she ever had even though they had only recently met in real life this year, when last year as first years never met once in person, but being together now only enhance their closeness.

"Good to see you Yukari, Nya," Nekota said happily coming to meet Yukari.

Yukari reach out to grasp both of Nekota's hands. "Good to see you, how's the Chi-Nu running?"

"Perrrfect," Nekota purr out.

"Good to hear, you girls really did a good job in the last match against Koala," Yukari praised.

Coming down from the tank was peach-wearing eyepatch driver Taki Momose, or better known by her online nickname Momoga who spoke up. "You think so? We didn't even get a takedown in the whole match. We just seem to get in the way, Momo."

Yukari shook her head. "No way, you shot two enemy tanks tracks off to immobilize them from chasing me when we went after the flag tank, if you hadn't done that, I might have had more tanks than me and my crew could have dealt with. Which would have been disastrous for us, since that Bluey girl I duel with was no easy contest for me, any more tanks and it would have been game over."

"Whether in our clan or real-life tank warfare, Yukari is always modest, Piyo" Aoi Hiyosh, the gunner of Anteater team said coming up now too.

"That's why she was the leader, nya," Nekota said happily still grasping Yukari's hands.

"Now even better, we get to show how powerful our clan is in real life," Yukari said proudly.

"Do you believe we can beat that Nishizumi girl? Piyo," Piyotan ask.

"She's as tough as they come, but just like how we built our clan, we fight with all we have to reach the top," Yukari said with a satisfy grin.

"Yea, we also did it while not paying to win, nya," Nekota joke.

That cause the four girls to chuckle with one another, then Yukari spoke up now. "Well I'm glad that we get to compete together now in IRL."

Piyotan spoke up now. "Well know we got your back, just like in our clan, yet now we can be number one in all of Japan, Piyo."

"I know we can do it, keep working hard girls," Yukari said, then move to the tank next in line.

The next tank in the line was one of the newest ones they had found. It still was a shock to Yukari when they literally found tanks lying around the school as they search. Anzu had explained to her that most of these were leftovers when the club shut down years ago, selling their more expensive tanks off to other schools. Which was a bit of a shame, as Yukari could guess that some of them had to be heavier tanks that would have helped their school.

Yet the Type 5 Chi-Ri that they had recently found was one that made Yukari's inner tank enthusiast jump for joy. She had read over and over that, only a prototype was made during the war, but by some miracle, a completed one was found in the back of the ship's cargo holds that had been closed off.

It was going to turn heads for sure, even though Yukari knew the Type 5 75mm gun on it was the same one used on the Type 4 Chi-To, but what set it apart was its loading system. The Type 5 Chi-Ri was built with a drum autoloader system, to which Yukari had studied on how to work to help Ogin and her crew use to maximum effectiveness. It was tricky for the Automotive Club members to get working, but in essence, all the loader had to do was feed shells into the rack that slides them to the breech to load, giving it a short reload time of three seconds with three consecutive shots, but after that, it would have to be reloaded in the slower process of feeding it one at a time or wait to load all three shell again onto the rack which took sometimes over 50 seconds to get done.

The other weird, but impressive feature was the bow gun, that in most tanks is where the support machine gun is, was instead built with a 37mm gun into it, effectively giving the tank two cannons in one go. Though not powerful in the 37mm gun, it could be effective to help bail out the crew if they overuse the main gun or use it in a sneaky fashion to fire it and make the enemy think they fire their main gun to make them peek out from cover, then get surprised by the Type 5 75mm gun thought spent, now lining up to kill their tank.

Yukari had heard from Anzu that while she was gone on her infiltration mission to Chi-Ha-Tan, to which the school president was still peeve about, but had relented after Yukari recounted the story to her, while seeming to relax for some odd reason. That Ogin and her crew had done well in practice with the Type 5 Chi-Ri, with her crew seeming to take to the tank with ease, because in their minds it was man of war ship in the form of a tank. They still had some work to do about the maneuverability, but there was still time to get that sorted.

Coming up to the tank, Yukari eye Ogin and her crew, known by Shark team now working over their tank. They were an odd bunch for sure, that fit right in with the Oarai team. Ogin who saw their commander coming up to their tank, jump down from it and came up to her.

"Well good morning commander, how did your raid on Chi-Ha-Tan go? Made sure to steal some treasures to bring back right?" Ogin said with a smirk.

Yukari scratch her cheek in embarrassment. "You make it sound so scary like that, but no, got some useful information for sure. Guess that is some sort of treasure right?"

"In a way, you should have just kidnapped their commander and we could have held her hostage till they gave in," Ogin said.

"Ah! No way could I do that to Miss Nishizumi," Yukari said frightfully.

Ogin chuckle. "Don't take me so serious commander, just poking fun at ya. Though have to say, you really are a swashbuckler to do what you did."

"Well knowing is half the battle in my mind, plus I got to see some more rare Japanese tanks and a Tiger 1 up close," Yukari relay to Ogin.

"As always, a lover of land ships you are. Oh, do you like what we've done to our Shadows Hand?" Ogin ask.

That made Yukari tilt her head in confusion. "Shadows Hand?"

"Yep, name of our land ship. Every good ship needs a name right," Ogin boasted.

"Heh, yea sure," Yukari said with a strained voice, then turn to get a good look at the Type 5 Chi-Ri, and gasped.

The reason for her outburst was because the tank itself was color all gray now, with the image of a purple shark standing tall, with one fin covered with a hook and the other fin holding a sword, while grinning menacingly. There was also a large flag raised over the tank that's pole was connected to the back of the tank's hull just behind the turret. The flag wave in the wind, showing off the skull with a sword between its teeth looking intimidating for all to see.

Yet Yukari was losing her mind over the flag as she spoke. "Miss Ogin, you need to take that flag down now."

"Eh! What you say?" Ogin question hotly.

"You-," Yukari started to say, but was cut off when she felt someone grab the back of her collar to lift her up.

Holding Yukari up like she weigh nothing was none other than Murakami, the most physically imposing girl Yukari had ever seen. The strong girl wore the white sailor suit that her crew members wore as well. While her face look quite annoyed at her commander for upsetting Ogin.

"You got something against how we operate?" Murakami said in a threatening voice.

"Ah...well....," Yukari mumble out.

"Maybe we should make her walk the plank, eh Ogin?" a red curly hair brunette with sharp eyes name Rum, stagger up to the commotion, grinning at the prospect of torturing their commander.

"Well, that wouldn't be such a bad idea," Ogin grinned with her subordinate, making Yukari yelp, thinking they might actually do it.

"Miss Ogin that is enough," a voice call out.

All the girls turn to see Yuzu Koyama, standing a ways off, with her hands on her hip and a disappointed look on her face. The look alone made Ogin balk, since she never wanted Yuzu to be mad at her, so she quickly order Murakami to lower the commander gently down. Then she apologizes profusely to Yukari hoping to appease Yuzu.

"Thanks, Miss Yuzu," Yukari said in a grateful tone.

"Don't mind, I figure Ogin would cause some trouble so I came down here to check on things," Yuzu said happily.

"Well I'll be counting on you then to keep her under control. Also can you do something about that flag? Its a real eyesore and makes it easy for the enemy to spot us," Yukari ask.

Yuzu nodded. "I'll see what I can do."

Yukari bow to her upperclassmen, then spoke when she rose up. "Ah Miss Yuzu, you wouldn't happen to have a thing for Ogin?"

That made the student council member blush. "No of course not, people are just spreading rumors."

"Ok, just wanted to make sure. Thanks again for the save," Yukari said, then move off to the next crew in the line.

As she walk away, Yukari took one last look back to see Ogin bowing profusely to Yuzu. Making Yukari grin at how quickly the pirate girl switch attitudes with Yuzu, but then a surprise came when Ogin who seem to have been forgiven, pick up Yuzu and spun her around. To which the brown hair girl complain all the way, but to Yukari she look to be having fun, making her think the rumors were true.

The next tank in line was Yukari's own Panzer 4, upgraded with side skirts over the side and turret area. It was also given an all brown color scheme now, with an Anglerfish painted on the sides of the turret skirts on both sides, while on the side skirts the Ooarai school emblem was painted in. Working on the tanks were her friends who she cherish greatly, as they may be all different characters, but they somehow mesh all together.

"Miss Akiyama," blonde hair Kisa said from atop the Panzer 4, waving with a wrench in her hand, her face covered in soot.

Yukari smile at her best friend and junior, who was a tank enthusiast as well. Looking down, she caught sight of her other friends at work as well. Saori, her boyfriend needy friend was scrubbing the 75mm gun down, Hana the graceful and polite girl, turn ace gunner for the team was wiping one of the side skirts with a rag, trying to make the tank look pristine before they met the new teammates. While Mako, well was being Mako as she was napping in her driver's seat.

"Took you long enough, how about you help me before my arms fall off," Saori whined.

"What if I told you our reinforcements are going to be all cute boys, would you work harder for the commander?" Hana teased in a pleasant voice.

Saori instantly yell in excitement. "Really?! I need to freshen up a bit before they get here, so let me finish this quickly."

Kisa let out a nervous chuckle. "I think Miss Hana is making the boy thing up, Miss Saori."

That sent Saori into a pout at Hana. "How could you so cruelly trick me? This is just as bad as when we found out our instructor turn out to be a woman."

"Wah, but Miss Chono helped us so much, we wouldn't have become the tankers without her," Kisa moaned.

"Listen up my little Kisa, you need to understand that tanks are not the be-all, end-all of things. A good man and a loving home are important in the end. You're still a first year, but you need to understand this now, a good man will change your life," Saori explain.

"My, my, so much passion from someone who's never talked to a boy," Hana again couldn't help but tease again.

"Eh! I have talk to a boy," Saori argue back.

"I don't think the local kids and old men on board count," Yukari added to the teasing.

"You all just don't understand," Saori said in a defeated voice, but Kisa made her way down to her upperclassmen to cheer her up.

Hana came over now to talk with Yukari. "I'm glad you got home safe from your infiltration mission."

"Me too, was a bit wilder than I hope for. Yet things turn out better than I expected," Yukari said with a wide smile.

"Is this better because you straddle their commander and call out her measurements," Hana couldn't help but tease again.

That made Yukari yelp, then turn to Kisa's direction. "Hey, Kisa I told you that in confidence!"

"Uh, sorry Miss Akiyama. It sort of slipped out when I was talking with everyone," Kisa said in an apologetic tone.

Now Mako pop her head up from the tank, with her usual sleepy look. "Didn't think you were so forceful, commander."

"Don't make me out to be a weirdo," Yukari complain.

"Sorry Yukari," Hana said with a chuckle.

Saori now climb down from the tank to come up to Yukari. "So were there any cute guys on the Akagi?"

"Is that all you care about?" Yukari said with a lopsided grin.

"Ah, yea, most of the times girls meet their beloved in a totally different place," Saori said with her hands on her hips.

Hana turn to look at Saori with a shake of the head. "Maybe you should focus on the match instead. The more we win, the more T.V time we also procure."

"Which leads to more boys getting a good look at this beauty," Saori said happily, while taking a pose like she was setting up for a photoshoot.

"Easy to please as always," Hana joked.

"Yet don't think me solely focus on showing off my good looks," Saori said seriously, making all of her teammates focus on her now.

Saori continue. "Sensha-do has given me so much. The excitement of tanks firing even as scary as it can be, the joy of winning with our team that no one took seriously, and most importantly a whole group of friends I can't be without now."

Kisa climb down the tank in excitement over Saori's little speech. "I know right, Sensha-do is the best. We get to show off our strength to the whole world."

"Sensha-do has helped my low blood pressure get a little better," Mako said, leaning out from the driver's hatch on the Panzer 4.

"Sensha-do has helped me create beautiful flower arrangements that help me honor my mother," Hana said proudly.

"Sensha-do has given me the best group of friends I could ask for," Yukari said happily.

The girls nodded at each other, their belief at an all-time high. They might have never crossed paths without Sensha-do, but now they had been brought together by it. Never had an odder bunch been brought together before, but fighting in a tank seems to only weave their friendship tightly as now they could never see their lives without one another.

"We may be facing someone who I respect immensely, but I want to beat her and show off the might of Oarai," Yukari boasted.

"Yea!" Her friends scream in delight back.

Yukari gave her friends a wave, as she had to move on to another tank in the line. She came up next to the first capture reward of the tournament in the A43 Black Prince, a heavy British tank that boasted the deadly 17 Pounder Anti-tank gun. Yukari still felt instant excitement by seeing it, because it was a very rare tank with only six or so prototypes made, while it was mostly abandoned by the British by the end of the war.

Yet this tank help their light tank force going into the Koala match, since its frontal armor was standing at 152mm, and would increase when it was angled at the enemy, to which the Koala team's guns couldn't penetrate, though this tank was taken out of the match because it had barreled through a two-story building, that trap it, giving Koala the chance to get at its rear to put it down.

The crew working on this tank which had been dub Tortoise team, were a group of girls who were greatly inspired by Oarai's upset win against West Kureouji Grona Academy and were desperate to join. They were led by second-year student Asira Motome, a very shy girl when Yukari first met her, but put her in a tank and she became a whole different animal.

Asira could best be called a very elegant beauty who was of average height, with long bright brown hair that shine with the sun held together by a white ribbon. Her skin a bit on the pale side, but only seem to enhance her beauty with her bright greenish-grey eyes.

"Miss Motome!" Yukari call to the tank commander, who upon hearing her name, smiled and waved to Yukari.

The Tortoise team tank commander quickly climb down the tank, then came up to her commander. "Commander, good to see you."

"You too, how's our prince holding up?" Yukari ask.

Asira turn to look over her shoulder at her crew working on the Black Prince. "No problems at all. I hope we can do a little better in the next match for you commander."

"Don't be like that. You and your crew were so cool barreling through that building at that Matilda and taking it out," Yukari said with an approving tone.

"Yet we got too overzealous and got buried under all that debris. We could have done more, I just don't know what came over me when I got excited about our first tank kill," Asira said, fidgeting a bit in place.

The sight always made Yukari give Asira a one over. Since when the girl was in a tank she was raring to go. Yet outside of it she seem to lose all her confidence and never be able to take praise. Yukari though, value her and her crew, since they train extremely hard in the week prior to the match to be ready, even staying late into the night to get fundamentals down.

"When the situation is obscure, attack," Yukari said in a confident tone.

"Huh?" Asira said with a sidelong glance.

"It's a quote from Heinz Guderian. This means even when there is a bunch of chaos going around you, just attack, think of nothing else. Well, that's a rough explanation," Yukari said.

"Isn't that a bit of a reckless way to think?" Asira said with a confused look.

"Nothing ventured, nothing gain," Yukari said.

That made Asira chuckle a bit. "Your right commander. You seem to know what to say to put me at ease. Know I will follow you anywhere and that goes for next year too."

Yukari reach a handout, to which Asira took. "Miss Motome, I'm just glad that you are part of the team and as well someone I can call a friend."

"Right commander!" Asira said, then step back to snap off a precise salute.

Yukari snap one back to her fellow second year, then move on to the next tank, and another rare one at that.

Standing next in line was the rare and powerful VK 45.01 (P), or just commonly called by everyone Porsche Tiger part of Leopon team. It was a big surprise to find this tank in the lower hulls, though more by accident by Saori and Rabbit team after they got lost when they were investigating the rumors of a tank in the lower parts of the ship. The automotive club brought it up and work on it tirelessly to get it functioning.

Yukari was instrumental in helping get it working as well, mostly because she had extensive knowledge of its wiring and what parts it would need. The Automotive club had to get inventive with some of the parts to get it up and running with their limited budget, but they eventually got it working. When it was all done, Yukari ask the automotive club if they like to join the team, since they had already been test driving and had a good understanding of its capabilities. To which the members said yes right away.

Yukari at times felt bad she made them do most of the mechanic work on the tanks, but the four girls never made a fuss, as their love for working on engines, tracks, and other tank essentials knew no bounds. If anything they were grateful to work long hours into the night on the tanks, making Yukari eternally grateful for all their hard work.

"Hey, commander!" Leopon's tank commander Reira Nakajima said, stopping her work on the Porsche Tigers treads when she notice Yukari coming up.

"Hey Miss Nakajima, how's the supersonic prince faring today?" Yukari ask.

Reira tap the side of the Porsche Tiger's hull with a wide smirk. "Glad you remember our little nickname for it. He's purring as usual, though I can tell he wants to be let loose on the track."

"Tanks don't go on race tracks," Yukari said with a chuckle.

"This one does," Keiko Hoshin said, the gunner aboard the Porsche Tiger. "Were experts at corners, just wait and see commander. We're going to be running circles around Chi-Ha-Tan all match long."

"They're going to be amazed at my drifting skills!" Muuton Tsuchiya, the driver for the Porsche Tiger boasted.

"You can't drift a tank," Maria Suzuki, the loader of the Porsche Tiger try to calm her friend down.

"Really? Yet the commander kind of did it against Koala in the last match," Muuton said with a sidelong glance.

Yukari rub the back of her head in embarrassment. "That was more of a spur of the moment kind of thing. I'm just lucky Mako is such a great driver, you can ask her for the finer details of handling. Yet remember the Porsche Tiger is a super-heavy tank, putting too much force on its treads on tight turns might snap them."

"True, but if that happens will repair them no prob. You're looking at a future pit crew here," Reira said with a confident smile.

"I know, thanks for all your hard work fixing everyone else's tanks. Puts everyone at ease to have such great mechanics looking after them," Yukari said in a thankful tone.

"Ah, don't sweat it, commander. Were just glad you're in charge, we may know how to fix tanks up, but without your knowledge, we be driving this beast into a ditch all the time," Reira said.

"I probably couldn't hit a barn without some of your advice on that aiming reticle," Keiko said with a hand on her hip.

Yukari blush a bit from the praise. "Thanks, I'm glad you're on the team. And I hope to give some more chances to repair our tanks after we win this match."

"Yea!" Leopon team cry out enthusiastically at their commander's avowal.

After saying goodbye to the Leopon team. Yukari walk up to the next tank in line, which was the Char B1 Bis of Mallard Team, commanded by Midoriko Sono of the Moral Public Committee team. They were in charge of keeping track of students being late, while also making sure the students were following regulations.

They also had the job now of making sure Oarai's team was following rules. Constantly barking about any small offense, making sure the girls left practice on time, while also making sure they were on time for practice. Yukari wonder if it was a bit too much, but overall they had been helping shape their team up to be more disciplined. Midoriko was also the one who got the sewing club to make their tankery uniforms.

The three committee members were looking over their tanks as well with a precise eye, while Yukari came up to them

"Hey, Miss Sono."

"Miss Akiyama," Midoriko said in a formal tone, then climb down her tank to greet her commander with a handshake.

"How's the Char B1 bis doing?" Yukari ask, while shaking her hand.

Midoriko scoff. "Doing better than Miss Reizei's attendance record."

A nervous chuckle from Yukari follow the statement. "Mako is getting better right?"

"Too little, too late in my book. Yet will work something out hopefully when we win this tournament," Midoriko said casually.

"Wow, you believe in our team greatly to make that statement," Yukari said with a happy smile.

"No, because I promise I delete all of Miss Reizei's tardies if we won this tournament. A lot is riding on this for her," Midoriko said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Ah, that's your reasoning," Yukari said with an embarrassed smile.

Midoriko nodded at her, "Of course, but there is also the nice part of playing disciplinarian for the team."

"Well for that part I'm grateful to you. Everyone shows up on time, you have the library open early so we can finish our classwork, so we don't need to worry about it after practice," Yukari said.

With both hands on her hip, and proudly displaying her Morals Committee armband, Midoriko spoke. "Well of course, it's my job to make sure the team runs smoothly to make your job as commander easier. While also making sure your grades are good is also my job, and I'll make sure to see it through no matter what."

"Well thank you very much for all your hard work," Yukari said with a bow.

Midoriko bow back, then spoke once she rose again "Well better get on to see the president."

After saying her goodbyes, Yukari walk up to the last tank in line. It was the Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer of Turtle team. Its tank commander was none other than Anzu Kadotani, the student council president of Oarai. Also the very one who had started up the Sensha-do team once more that had been close for some odd twenty years.

A little to the side of their Hetzer under a large umbrella, and sitting in some comfortable fold-out chairs, was none other than the president herself eating her usual diet of dried potatoes, with her other council member in monocle-wearing Momo Kawashima seated beside her. They were talking in quiet voices, but upon seeing Yukari come walking up cause Anzu to wave her over.

"Miss Akiyama, finally done with inspecting the troops?" Anzu ask with a bright smile.

"Yes, everyone seems ready for the day to meet our new teammates," Yukari said, while snapping off a salute.

"Good, I just hope these foreign tankers prove their worth," Momo said in a seemingly bored tone.

"Foreign?" Yukari ask, since Miho hadn't revealed anything to her, when she was making her escape from Chi-Ha-Tan and found out Miho already knew about the tanks, but wouldn't tell her.

"Yea, the Federation call us this morning to let us know. Their apparently from America of all places," Anzu said with a shrug.

Yukari began to rub her chin in thought "That doesn't make sense. From what I remember America doesn't participate in Sensha-do in any shape or form."

"You wouldn't be wrong, but that's what the federation told us. We'll know more when they get here," Momo said.

"How exactly are they getting he-," Yukari began to ask, but then the sudden sound of tanks engines in the distance could be heard, with the noise of tracks going over rough pavement was also evident.

"Don't tell me they're driving through the town?" Yukari ask astonishingly.

"Yep, they landed in Japan yesterday. Then had a special cargo boat dock with ours this morning with their tanks and crews and now are driving through town to show off to the residents," Anzu said leaning back in her chair a bit.

As if on cue, the tanks of the foreign team became closer till they were driving slowly through the school parking lot, just about fitting and not crushing anyone's car this time, unlike Ami Chono who completely destroy the Oarai headmaster's car when she first visited by being airdrop in a Type 10 tank.

Luckily the federation pay for the damages as usual.

The four tanks roar through the small entrance onto the Oarai tankery club dirt field, which made Yukari's eyes go wide looking at the tanks coming up to their team. Quickly she order all of her club members to line up to meet their new teammates, while Yukari and Anzu step to the front of their team to meet their new teammates first.

Yukari could barely hold her excitement in, when the four tanks who had been coming towards them in a marching column, broke apart in one smooth motion to drive into a line formation like they were on parade. It instantly spoke to the Oarai girls that these American's were a discipline lot, while at the same time they were bringing immense firepower to their team.

That firepower starting from one end of the line was the M4 Sherman first, one of America's most produce tanks during World War Two, though under armor against the German foes late into the war. It still prove to be reliable and an effective tank in the hands of a good crew who knew what they were doing.

The second tank was one Yukari was drooling over now, in the M18 Hellcat with a modified roof over the top. Built with the words speed and mobility being its traits, add on the 76mm gun with a muzzle brake for improved accuracy by helping the recoil when firing, and you have race car playing tank destroyer in the field. Yukari knew this well from reading of its many exploits in the war against the German army and now it would make exploits for her team.

The third tank was the M36B2 also with a modified roof, given the nickname "Slugger" in the American forces, and for good reason. Armed with a 90mm gun that could slug it out with some of the best tanks of Germany in the war, even a Tiger 2 had to be wary or it might end up getting tame by this tank destroyer. It like the M18 Hellcat had great mobility on the field and could go over rougher terrain with ease, making Yukari plan out new strategies.

The fourth and last tank in the line was another brawler in the M4A3E8, or nicknamed the "Easy 8", an excellent American tank built with the horizontal volute spring suspension, that gave the tank great mobility over rough terrains. It even saw a lot of action in the Korean War in 1951, proving a match for the T34/85 loan out to the North Korean forces. Arm also with 76mm gun with a muzzle brake adding to great accuracy couple with a Gyrostabilizer to help for moving shots.

Yukari was having a fangasm at this point, which was barely being contained. Her legs felt like they might give way at any moment, as these tanks were everything their team could need to take on the vaunted Tigress Corps. Even though Yukari wanted to keep grounded within herself, she felt like their team couldn't lose now. Who could really blame her, even with the new tanks added to Chi-Ha-Tan's roster, they had next to nothing on these new tanks, add in the veteran and highly motivated girls of Oarai and losing didn't seem a word that they could attach to themselves.

The American tanks roll to within 30 meters of the Oarai team before halting. Yukari saw a women dress in a black tight fitting business suit standing on top of the M4A3E8, seeming at complete ease on it even with it moving. Then once the tank stop, the women climb down with great precise steps till she reach the dirt ground.

The older woman now came over to meet Yukari who got a good look at her now, she was definitely of Japanese descent, little above the average height with her large brown eyes, coupled with her long black hair tied into a long ponytail. Her body was very supple indicated by the curves showing off by her tight-fitting business suit, a real beauty for sure.

As the women approach Yukari bow to the women, along with Anzu, and the rest of the Oarai team. The women in question also bow back with grace to these girls.

After the older women rose back up, she spoke in perfect Japanese. "Good afternoon ladies, my name is Konomi Nishizumi. Head Instructor of Wolverton Girls Academy."

Yukari balk at the mention of the last name. "Nishizumi? Your related to the famous family right?"

"Ah, yes I am, though a very distant cousin. I've been working to bring America into Sensha-do all these years. To which I'm glad to present you with our academy's best tankers," Konomi boasted.

For a moment Yukari was silent as she try to take in the information that it was a Nishizumi helping their team to beat another Nishizumi. Yukari like to think she had an ability to read people, and something about this woman was a bit offsetting for her.

Anzu spoke up to get her commanders attention. "Miss Akiyama, your being rude right now to our guest."

"Oh, sorry Miss Nishizumi. We of Oarai are very grateful to fight alongside you in the upcoming match," Yukari said in a flustered tone.

Konomi just smile at the fluffy hair young girl. "It's quite alright, I can see you're practically questioning why I'm fighting my niece."

"Eh!" Yukari yelp in embarrassment having been found out.

That made the older women chuckle. "Don't worry, we actually never met our Japanese family members. So this will be a shock for them, but one I'm looking forward to, even plan to meet Miss Miho after the match and surprise her. It will be a great family reunion."

Again Yukari felt something was off, but decided she needed to put that aside for now because she had other priories. "Certainly, she will be quite glad to meet her cousin when all is said and done."

Konomi smiled at that, then look over her shoulder to motion for some of her team to come over, then turn back to Yukari. "I like you to meet our best tank commanders our school has to offer."

"Um, one thing Miss Nishizumi?" Yukari ask.

"Oh, what is it?" Konomi responded.

"I can see you're Japanese, but your tank commanders are American. How are we going to communicate in a match? I mean no offense," Yukari had to ask.

"Oh, none taken. Luckily my daughter is of Japanese descent and is quite fluent in the language even though she spent most of her life in America," Konomi said.

"That's good to hear, but what about if she is taken out of the match. We are left in a bind," Yukari press on.

Anzu now spoke up. "Ah, no worries on that part. We got an English speaker in our ranks."

"We do?" Yukari ask with a baffle look as this was news to her.

"Yep. Miss Sawa, come here please!" Anzu yell back to the team.

In short order, the first-year tank commander jogged over to the trio, then bow once again to Konomi, then rose up to speak again. "My name is Azusa Sawa, first-year tank commander of Rabbit team. A pleasure to meet you."

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Sawa," Konomi said, bowing once more, then spoke when she rose up. "I hear you're quite fluent in English my dear."

"Oh," Azusa said in surprise, then switch over to English which was quite smooth. "Yes ma'am, I have a great understanding of the English language. You can count on me to translate anything you need."

Yukari turn to her first year in surprise, even though she didn't understand any of the English Azusa spoke. "I didn't know you could speak English."

Switching back over to Japanese Azusa spoke while rubbing the back of her head in embarrassment. "Yea, sorry I never mention it before, didn't think it was relevant. My dad is actually an American soldier who move to Japan after he was honorably discharged from the army and my mother is Japanese. I was originally going to transfer to Saunders to do tankery, but my mother wanted me to focus on my studies and sent me to Oarai since they didn't partake in Sensha-do, but well you know the rest."

"I bet your mom was quite surprised to find out you were doing tankery," Konomi joke in Japanese.

"She was, and quite angry too. Yet my dad calm her down because my grades are really good, while he was really proud of me," Azusa said happily.

"Well see, everything is working out," Anzu boasted proudly.

"It certainly does, oh let me introduce our academies top tank commanders," Konomi said, as now the four tank commanders were line up behind her.

The girls standing behind her were dress in their schools tankery uniforms, wearing the gray tanker jacket with a white star on the shoulders, along with the dark green shorts with long wool grey socks and matching dark green boots. They also had their 1938 US tankers helmet, which had a base green color with a grey camo scheme over it, tuck under their arms, with their grey tanker goggles attach. On each ear flap there was a gray wolf's paw painted in.

Konomi started from one side, the first girl was of African-American descent with her long black wavy hair, which went well with her large and captivating brown eyes and light brown skin, and very athletic build that was evident even under her tankery uniform.

"This is our platoon leader Jasmine Fitzgerald, her grandfather fought in World War Two, and then her father fought in the Gulf war. She has tankery in her blood, and you will find no better leader among our ranks. Whenever you need her, she will be there, while also keeping our platoon working at top level."

Jasmine bow, then spoke in rough Japanese from her lessons with Fukushu. "I look forward to working with you."

Konomi now move on to the next girl, who was of Caucasian descent, quite tall for her age with long flowing blonde hair that went well with her blue eyes with pale skin, her body was very thin and tone.

"This is Ellie Cunningham. Completely new to tankery, but has the drive to learn that is unmatched in our academy. If you need a sniper, look no further for she can kill a tank from well beyond 1000 yards, or 900 meters for you."

Ellie bow again, then spoke as well in rough Japanese, "a pleasure...to....meet you."

Konomi move to the next girl who was of Latin descent, with short brown hair that just reach her shoulders, along with her rich tan skin, with light greyish brown eyes. She was the shortest of the bunch having a very curvy build.

"This is Morena Garcia, another girl new to tankery. Yet probably the fiercest of our girls, earning the name the Honey Badger among our group. If you need a scout, she is your girl. She will find the enemy no matter what, harass, snipe, and whatever else you need she will get it done."

Morena simply bow, since her Japanese was incoherent, even as much as she try to learn from Fukushu. Deciding to just forgo it for now, hoping she could learn some before the match day.

Konomi move onto the last girl, who was of Japanese and American descent, with long dark brown-yellowish hair that reach down past her shoulders, with large greyish eyes. She had a very tone build to her body, but also a familiar look to someone else.

"This here is-," Konomi try to say.

"Miss Miho?" Yukari question.

The name seem to make the girl angry, as her face contorted into rage, speaking in English. "Don't compare me to that bi-."

"No cussing!" both Konomi and Jasmine said in unison.

That made the girl back down, yet her face was still showing signs of irritation at the seemingly innocent question. Yukari made sure to make note of that, while also now getting a good look at the girl could now see she had the same facial features of Miho, but at the same time her longer hair and grey eyes greatly differ from the Chi-Ha-Tan commander.

"I'm sorry for my daughter's outburst," Konomi said in Japanese back to the trio Oarai girls.

"Oh, no worries. I didn't mean any offence thinking she was someone else, please accept my apologies," Yukari said.

"Certainly, Fukushu stop being rude. Now you can introduce yourself, go on," Konomi said in frustrated tone to her adoptive daughter.

The girl seem to shrink at her adoptive mother's tone, knowing she had made her angry as she mumble an apology to her. "Sorry mom."

Then the girl move forward to speak with Yukari personally in Japanese. "Sorry about that. My name is Fukushu Nishizumi, tank commander of the M4A3E8 Sherman. I'm still learning a lot about tankery, but I've train hard to get where I am. Me and my crew are ready to fight for Oarai with all we have."

"We look forward to working with you too, your M4A3E8 is so awesome. I have never seen any team use one in Sensha-do before. Not even Saunders uses them, so you get to be the first in the history of our sport," Yukari said excitedly.

"I know right," Fukushu said back excitedly, losing her hostility from earlier. "It is so easy to learn. You should see how accurate we are on the move."

"Oh yeah, that Gyrostabilizer built into the turrets is so awesome. Yet isn't it only good at lower speeds? Going too fast throws it off right," Yukari ask.

"Oh no, she is going full tankgasm mode," Anzu said with a lopsided smile.

Azusa let out an embarrassed chuckle. "That's just like our commander, but it's her endearing part really."

Fukushu press forward, ignoring the other girls. "You're not wrong. Yet I've learned some tricks from my instructor Linda, so that we can fire even at full speed. It's harder for sure, with us missing half the time, but the other half will either kill or disable tanks."

"So cool! You got to show me, and I'll show you how accurate my gunner Hana is on the move as well aboard our Panzer 4," Yukari boasted.

That made Fukushu give her a sidelong look. "Firing accurately on the move with a German tank, never heard of it."

"Wah, but Miss Miho did it against Saunders with her Tiger 1," Yukari said back.

"Pft, luck was all that was," Fukushu scoff.

Yukari again took note of how hostile the girl was towards Miho again. It made her wonder why Fukushu was so hostile towards her, especially if they had never met before. Maybe there was more going on then was being let on, as again Yukari's intuition was saying something was up. Yet whatever was up would have to be put on hold, with so few days left to get acclimated with these new teammates and learn to work together.

"Also, I think I got a solution for our communication problem," Fukushu said, drawing Yukari away from her thoughts.

"Really? What is it?" Yukari ask excitedly.

"Hand signals," Fukushu said matter a factly.

Yukari stay silent for a moment, then spoke

"That's it."

"What you thought I had a secret formula on how to get my teammates to understand Japanese," Fukushu said with a disgruntled look.

"Ah, sorry. Yet we've never used hand signals before during a match. It might be difficult for us to pick up," Yukari said, rubbing her chin and wondering if there were any other methods for them to try out.

"It's easy really. At our academy, we had to learn hand signals in case our radios were broken during a match," Fukushu explain.

"Well it's better than nothing, so let's try it. Right commander?" Anzu said, trying to move things along.

The Oarai commander conceded to her student president. "Yes, we got a couple of days to learn it. Were fast learners when we put our minds to it, but will be in your care till then."

"Right, looking forward to it," Fukushu beam.

Konomi now spoke up. "It's settled then. How about we get to practice Miss Akiyama? My girls would love to see your skills, while we love to show off our strength to you, so you know our commitment to helping your club win."

"Yes, I look forward to showing our team off. Will mount up and your team can follow us out to the target practice range first," Yukari said happily, bowing to them, then taking off with Anzu to get their team mounted up and moving off.

Konomi watch after the fluffy hair girl with an amused smirk, while still talking in Japanese to her daughter. "She is an interesting girl."

"Can't believe she thinks I look like that damn Miho," Fukushu growled.

An irritated look past Konomi's face. "Keep your anger in check daughter. Were here for one and only one reason only. To show off our academy's skill for the world, and most importantly for potential investors back home."

"I understand, but this chance is too perfect for us. Like fate was smiling on us to finally avenge your humiliation, while letting Japan know who the true Nishzumi's are. We can't let this pass us," Fukushu said passionately while looking at her mom.

"Yes, fate is smiling on us. Better also that this Oarai team is more than a match for the Tigress Corps, especially with their punishment taking away most of their veteran tankers, so when the time to strike comes don't hesitate and put them down," Konomi said with a confident smirk, believing in her daughter and her students wholeheartedly.

"No worries about that, our pack's fangs are bristling to taste victory, and Miho will be only the first to feel our bite," Fukushu said excitedly back.

Konomi nodded, then spoke once more. "Oh, and Fukushu one more thing."

Her daughter look to her.

"Today, show off a bit, alright?" Konomi said with a wink.

"Ah yea!" Fukushu said with a big smile, then spoke in English to her friends. "Konomi says time to let loose."

"Yea!" they howl back, then move to mount their tanks once more, ready to wow these girls of Oarai with all the skills they had worked so tirelessly to obtain. Which would soon be used to take down the vaunted Tigress Corps once and for all.

XxxxX

"Well I'm just glad nothing bad came of that adventure commander, was really worried she actually kidnapped you," Nishi said with a chuckle.

She and Miho were currently walking down the hallway of their tankery club building heading for the their tank commander room to reveal the map of the battlefield to their team, while also going over the purpose strategy Miho was going to implement to hopefully beat Ooarai.

"Yes, though I actually gave her the escape route by riding Little Gozen and thinking I was blocking her path," Miho said with embarrassment.

"Ah, that was quite thrilling to hear about you riding off like a dashing cavalier, though your fearlessness about riding a horse through school in a skirt is spreading around the academy quite fast," Nishi said with a wide grin.

"Uh, I'm not going to live that down am I?" Miho said with a sigh.

"No, but I think more people are talking about a certain phrase yell for all of the Akagi to hear," Nishi reply, knowing she teasing about that.

Miho yelp in surprise. "Did people really hear all that?"

The phrase Nishi was referring to was when Tamada yell down from the forested hill her and Miho had snuck out to confess their feelings. Tamada wanted to show Miho she wanted to be with her, by yelling her feelings as loud as she could, much to her embarrassment of Miho. Yet it was romantic in its own way for Miho, as it confirm Tamada's affection and commitment to her.

"No, no, luckily no one heard. Tamada just told us when she got back to the dorms last night. Know I'm extremely happy for you two," Nishi said, patting Miho on the shoulder, honestly glad her two friends had found their happiness together.

"Thank you, Nishi, does everyone else know about us?" Miho ask.

Nishi shook her head. "No, just me, Hosomi, and Ikeda. We won't say anything till you want to tell everyone."

"Oh, thank you for your courtesy," Miho said in a grateful tone.

"Don't mention it, though be prepared for the wild celebration when the rest of the team do find out, there will be no stopping our Chi-Ha-Tan spirit at that point," Nishi said happily.

"Your right, there will be no stopping that spirt of ours, but it's something I treasure greatly," Miho said with a big smile on her face.

"As we treasure you, commander. Do you think this strategy will unsettle Oarai?" Nishi ask.

Miho nodded. "I'm sure of it, but I'm more worried if the first years can keep their cool all through it. They are a disciplined bunch, but they're eager to get their first shots in at the enemy."

"I know the feeling. In my first year it was all I wanted to do, mind you we had a different team mindset then. What about you Miho?" Nishi said.

A quietness took over Miho thinking over her first year at the Kuromorimine. "I can't rightly say I had fun my first year at my old school."

"Because of your family?" Nishi ask, as she had some vague idea about Miho's trouble with her family, or more to the point her mother.

"I wanted to try to live up to expectations, that somewhere along the way I lost my love for tankery trying to meet them," Miho said sadly.

Nishi stop and touch Miho's shoulder to make her stop too so she could speak to her.

"Miho, I know all the pressure about this match is a lot to bear. These foreign reinforcements and all of our veterans gone, but remember we follow your Sensha-do style now. Were to have fun as a team, to win as a team, and if we lose, we keep together no matter what."

"Nishi," Miho spoke to her in a quiet tone.

"There is no expectation with us alright? We value all you've done and will follow you in win and defeat, so let's make sure our first years know there is no expectations as well, so they can fight freely and enjoy all that Sensha-do is," Nishi said with a bright smile.

"Thank you for your encouragement, know I really couldn't ask for a better sub commander," Miho said in a now cheerful tone.

"Know I couldn't ask for a better commander at the helm, I never thought tankery could be this fun till you got here. Before I was just always worrying about keeping us together, but you've done that while making sure we come to love this sport," Nishi reply.

"Well let's go make sure we show our team how we're going to win, with my style," Miho said confidently.

"Yes, let us show them the power of the Tigress Style," Nishi said with equal confidence.

"Oh," Miho said at first. "Is that what will call it?"

"It suits us," Nishi said with a happy nod.

"Yes the Tigress Style, though are we using the word Tigress to much? Should we be a little more inventive?" Miho had to ask.

Nishi shrug. "The way I see it, it's just what comes naturally for us."

"Yes, your right. Well come on, let's get to the meeting," Miho said with bright a smile.

"Right behind you commander," Nishi said, matching her commander's energy.

XxxxX

The tank commanders room of Chi-Ha-Tan was in a buzz with the matchday so close at hand. The first years were practically bouncing in their chairs as they talk to one another. Their dreams of earning their veteran badges were so close they could almost taste it, even more so since they wanted to stand at the same level as first-year Fukuda, who had in two matches prove her worth to her team, now the rest of the first years wanted to do the same.

"It was really just me trying to get the Jumbo's attention on me, so the commander could land the decisive shot, I don't need any praise," Fukuda said, as she had again recounted the story to Miyata and Ichioka earlier to them.

"Don't be so humble, you and your crew went in there with no fear," Miyata said excitedly in the seat next to Fukuda.

"Yea, you smartly took the track out and use the annoying fire tactic to perfection," Ichioka praised from the other seat.

Fukuda smiled at her tankery sisters. "Well I just wanted to give the commander a chance, she really did all the leg work before. I mean taking all three of those Jumbo's on alone is really something to take note of."

Miyata rub her head in frustration, mostly because she wish she had some epic moment like that to her name. "I know right! I so want to have a battle like that."

"You think the commander goes looking for that kind of fight," A voice call out to the girls.

The three turn to see Maita, the only other second-year tank commander in the force now, with bright green eyes and long flowing dark brown hair. She was now the operator tank for the next battle, as Kubota had mention to Miho before that she would be a good sub for the operator position, while also saying she was a pretty good map reader.

Miyata lower her head in apology. "No, I don't think she tries to look for fights like that. I'm just saying I want to show the world my fighting spirit too. Having a moment where you show how fierce you, your tank, and your crew are is something any tanker lives for in our sport."

"You will Miyata, just don't get overzealous out there. Follow your company commander's orders to the letter and will make sure to give you the chance to prove yourself to the Sensha-do world," Maita said with a smirk.

"Yes ma'am," Miyata said raising her eyes to proudly meet her upperclassmen's.

Suddenly a knock on the door to the tank commander's room was heard, then in walk Miho and Nishi together, then close the door behind them.

Tamada who was talking to her other first year tank commanders, now upon seeing her commander and sub commander went into action. "Alright girls to your seats!"

With great speed, the other tank commanders made their way to their seats. Miho nodded to Tamada with thanks, though struggled to keep a blush down as she thought over the previous night's activities, but did her best to keep those thoughts down as she wanted to keep things professional in the tankery club between them.

She also saw that Tamada was still wearing the ribbon that held her braid together. After they were done kissing, Tamada had wanted to get rid of it, so not to upset Miho thinking she was holding onto hope that Tohaku was coming back to take her away. Yet Miho knew that Tamada would always hold onto the memory of him still, so she told Tamada to keep it, as a way to honor him because he was her best friend before anything. Miho didn't want to be selfish or possessive about it.

As that was just like Miho, being selfless even when it came to pass loves.

Miho soon took the podium looking to her tank commanders in their tiered seating rows in front of her as she spoke "Good afternoon ladies."

"Good afternoon commander!" The group yell back.

"Today we will be going over our strategy, as well get a look at the map of the battlefield we will be fighting on," Miho announce to them.

The tank commanders nodded at that, ready to see the unveiling of the battlefield they were going to fight Oarai over. There had been a bet by the first years of what their first battlefield would be like, some had said snow fill one, others thought a desert, while some were banking on another countryside setting.

"First, for this next battle will be using a unit formation call Kampfgruppe," Miho said to the room.

"Kampfgruppe?" Ichioka ask, as this was something she had never heard before, to which the rest of the tank commanders were in the same boat.

"It's a unit formation that uses the three elements of tanks, planes, and artillery together to accomplish an objective. Though for us, it means as the match goes on and I get a feel for things, I will be reassigning different members to other companies to accomplish a task we need," Miho explain.

"Ah, that makes sense" Miyata said.

"Good, will go over how it might look on the practice field, but don't be surprised if I assign you in teams or in groups of ten to get things done. Now another thing, Miss Uenishi?" Miho call out.

Chiyoko Uenishi, the last member of the Iron Kraken platoon, she had a bobbed black hair that closely resemble Nishihara's, dark blue eyes, and was of average height.

Uenishi stood up with her arms clasp behind her back. "Yes, commander?"

"I know I had you using the Type 97 Shinhoto, but I'm going to need you to go back to using the Type 3 Ka-Chi for the next battle. Sorry for making such a sudden change for the next match," Miho said, bowing a bit in apology.

"No worries Commander, I'm happy with whatever you need of me. Know I got the rivers cover in this next match," Uenishi said enthusiastically while taking a seat again, glad to be back in an amphibious tank as she, like the rest of her platoon, were one in the water.

Miho nodded at that, then spoke to the rest of the group now. "With that said, let's get an idea of the next battlefield, Nishi if you may."

"Certainly commander," Nishi said, then lower the lights, as Miho walk to the chalkboard to pull a white screen down.

Once that was done, a projector in the back of the room came to life, displaying the battlefield map on the screen for everyone. The sight before them made everyone grimace a bit. The battlefield itself wasn't anything they hadn't seen before, it was a rolling open countryside setting, with a splattering of small woods across the entire map, thankfully was more open than the last battlefield their team had fought Saunders on that would be great for their more mobile tanks.

There were several rolling hills that were made note of, as the importance of high ground was paramount for tanks. While small villages and farms were spread across the entire battlefield as well. With some rivers running across the map as well that were going to be Chiyoko's jurisdiction to use to get at the enemy from aboard the Type 3 Ka-Chi. There were also wooden bridges built so tanks could cross the rivers, but they were few.

What was making the tank commanders all grimace, was that the middle of the map was cover by a large 20th-century design city that practically dominated a good portion of the battlefield. Every one of the tank commanders knew that Miho wasn't a fan of urban warfare, mostly because their Sensha-do style was all about mobility, ambushes, and sniping. In an enclosed space like a city they were at a disadvantage, even with the Tiger 1 and Jumbo Sherman at their disposal with tough frontal armor, the rest of their forces had paper-thin armor that Oarai's tanks would lay waste to.

Miho now walk over next to the map, using a long stick to point out things. "As you can guess just by looking, this next match will be a race to the city. The objective would be to occupy it, find the most advantageous alleys and half destroy buildings to hunker down into to ambush your opponents."

"That's definitely going to be a problem," Tamada said, leaning back in her seat with cross arms.

"Our mobility will be sever badly," Fukuda said, leaning forward in her chair, touching her chin in thought.

Miho continue. "Theirs also this large square that dominates the middle of the city, where a large prop-built senate house is located. Its location is key because from atop of the building the enemy can see any approach from a spotter. If the enemy controls it, they can see our movements toward the city and move to counter us at every turn."

"So our objective is to beat Oarai to the city center commander?" Fukuhara of Daredevil Company ask.

"No," Miho said, making everyone wonder why, then she spoke again. "From what I learn of Oarai, there a team that thrives in urban combat, they even gave St. Gloriana a tough time in a practice match."

"Crazy, I hear St. Gloriana never gets fluster," Ichioka said in awe.

"Yes, they're a team that as well is only gotten better with time, improving their tankery force, but what makes them extra deadly for this match is the fact that they been given reinforcements," Miho said in a grave tone.

"Reinforcements?!"

"What the hell! Didn't the Federation punish us enough already!"

"They really don't want us to win do they?"

"It just proves it in this match, they gave Oarai all the advantages! The Federation has it out for us!"

The voices of the first years began to let out their frustrations, which soon fill the dark room as more of them let their disapproval be known. Miho let them vent, since she herself was a bit vexed by all this, even though she had remained calm on the outside about it. Yet as Headmaster Hidemichi said, there seem to be some other objective to this whole thing that they couldn't comprehend at the moment.

Yet Miho was going to press forward positively because she wanted to win and show the might of her first years to the world.

"Attention!" Nishi said, cutting all the chatter down. "Don't let anger fill your hearts. We're going to win this match, with Miho's Style of tankery to unite our team once more. Fight with the Tigress Style and will win."

"The Tigress Style, I like that," Ichioka said with a wide grin.

"Yea! No one can beat the Tigress Style!" Fukuhara said happily.

"Will make sure commander to let the world know the fury of the Tigress Style," Miyara added to the enthusiasm of her friends.

"The Tigress Style! The Tigress Style! The Tigress Style! The Tigress Style! The Tigress Style!" The cheer rang up in the room by everyone, making Miho's heart fill with pride.

"Alright now settle down and let the commander finish," Nishi said with her hands on her hips, glad to see she calm the team down.

"Thank you, Nishi," Miho said, glad again to have such a fine sub commander. "Now, switching to the next images, these are the tanks that Oarai will be reinforced with."

The images on the screen show altogether, an M4 Sherman, an M36B2, an M18 Hellcat, and lastly an M4A3E8. All the tanks had green base color like Saunders, but had a grey camouflage scheme color splash across the tank. A wolf's head baring its teeth in defiance was painted on the sides of the turrets as well.

Looking at these tanks made the Chi-Ha-Tan members feel some dread at these armor war machines, because they knew from their more intense studying Miho had the team do to understand all tanks of World War Two, that these were formidable American ones that will give Chi-Ha-Tan problems going up against them. They needed to respect their power or they might really end their dreams.

"Here I thought we be done with American tanks, no offense Miss Tamada," Miyata said in a joking manner.

Tamada grin at her junior. "Don't mind, was hoping to be the only one left when we make it to the finals. Though there's a good chance of that still happening"

That caused some chuckling from the other girls.

Then Miho spoke again. "These tanks are formidable, the M4 we've seen in action already, even with its lower velocity 75mm gun, it's a threat and will one-hit kill all of our tanks from the front, except for my Tiger 1 and Har...I mean Tamada's Jumbo Sherman. The Type 97 Shinhoto's will need to get at its sides to kill it, but our Type 3 Ho-Ni 3, Type 5 Na-To, and Type 4 Chi-To will cut through its frontal armor no problem. Our Type 97 Short gun won't cut through its armor or any of these American tanks, but will still use the powerful 120mm submarine gun to suppress them and take their tracks out. "

Tamada blushed in her seat, knowing Miho almost use her first name, luckily she had stopped herself. Tamada would have to punish Miho later for that, which made her softly chuckle to herself that Miho could still be bold sometimes, even if was an accident, and now she wanted to hear Miho say her first name, but she save that for later.

Recovering from her embarrassment, Miho pressed on. "I've been informed these crews are coming from America itself, but there's an advantage for us here."

"What kind of advantage?" Fukuda ask.

"These crews have never competed in a match before, so they will be eager to get into the fray and get at us. I also believe there will be problems of a language gap between Oarai and the American crews that might lead to delays we can take advantage of," Miho explain.

Everyone nodded at that, seeing reason in their commander's explanation. As now she move on to explain the other American tanks to her team.

"Now then, the M18 Hellcat is a tank destroyer that has speed and great maneuverability to it, with the 76mm gun that will even cut through my armor if I'm not angle, so make sure to be aware of it, as it will most likely be on the move for the entire battle. They might use it for scouting in the beginning, but once we start engaging it will be right at the front and likely trying to flank around to the rear of our formations. Yet keep in mind, because of its speed it has light armor that all of our guns can penetrate from any angle, besides the Type 4 Ke-Nu. Sorry, Fukuda."

The first year just reply happily to the commander. "No worries Commander, I can still distract it, so the rest of the team can get kills."

"That's Fukuda for you, taking after the commander and being selfless," Ichioka joked in the seat next to Fukuda, then wrap her fellow first year in a hug to which Fukuda whined she was choking her. Which made the team chuckle a bit, but Nishi quickly got them under control.

After letting her chuckles die down, Miho continue her talk.

"Moving on now, the M36B2 is a formidable tank destroyer that can kill my Tiger 1 from the front at extreme distances with its 90mm gun. While its speed and maneuverability are excellent even with such a heavy gun, with armor that will bounce the rounds of the Type 97 Shinhoto and Short gun. It excels at urban combat that will need to be on the lookout for, though on the open countryside it most likely will be as far back to snipe at us, so don't try to snipe back. Make use of our speed to get out of its line of sight."

Now Miho move on to the last tank. "Now the M4A3E8 is also deadly from distance, but with great speed and turret rotation, it's the ideal tank to fight in urban combat. The 76mm gun on it has a muzzle brake that will help with recoil and couple with the gyrostabilizer built in, means it can get back on target on the move quickly. Its armor is still pretty vulnerable to most of our guns from the front, except for the Type 97 Shinhoto, Short Gun, and Type 4 Ke-Nu"

Everyone absorb the information from Miho. Glad for the part that her time at Kuromorimine allow her to have such a great understanding of other tanks. It was because of her extensive knowledge that had led to the other girls studying hard to understand all different tanks of World War Two, so they understood their weaknesses and strengths. It was a far cry from the old way, where the former seniors disregarded this studying to build the spirit of charging the enemy with everything they have. Nishi, Miata, and Tamada knew this well, as they were glad their new underclassmen wouldn't be taking to those old studies now and would grasp Miho's by the hand fully.

With the explanation over, Nishi turn the lights back on to illuminate the room as Miho took the commanders podium again.

"With this in mind, we need to unsettle this team to win, with what I believe will be the best way to beat them, so hear me out," Miho said, then explain her strategy to her teammates.

Listening intently, the first years and Maita took in the strategy proposed by Miho. After she was done, they all collectively grin at her, as this may be the first time-fighting in a real match under her command for the first years, they all had seen that she always had a bold move to help unsettle the enemy. Now these first years would have the chance to implement it and show the world how effective it is.

"Well that's our Tigress Style for sure," Ichioka said with a grin.

"This will definitely give Oarai a headache for sure and prove to them the Tigress Corps is nothing to scoff at, even with us first years at the helm," Miyata boasted to the room.

Other tank commanders voice their approval of the strategy as well, making Miho smile at them, glad they were onboard for such a strategy to be used against their foe, though she hope the next part wouldn't cause them to argue with her.

"Thank you for your kind words, now on to the flag tank. For the next match I've decided to be the flag tank," Miho said.

The room was silent for a bit, then the tank commander's shot out of their chairs in rage to voice their displeasure.

"Please commander, let someone else take the position, we don't want the enemy ganging up on you."

"Yea, it was hard enough watching Saunders do that!"

"I can be the flag tank!"

"I can do it!"

"No me!"

"Let me carry the burden!"

"Enough!" Tamada yell from her seat, making the first years calm down, then Tamada spoke in a more gentle tone. "Look, you know how protective I am of Miho. Yet I agree with this strategy, it will work I promise you."

Everyone now back down, as they did know how protective Tamada was of Miho and if she was for letting her be the flag tank without a fuss, then they would trust her judgment. They all sat back down in their seats, voicing their apologies to Miho for being brash and not hearing her out.

"It's ok everyone, now moving forward again, I will be the flag tank. For this next match against Oarai, know me and my crew will defend it tenaciously, so the rest of you girls can just worry about fighting the enemy," Miho spoke in a confident tone.

"Don't worry Miss Miho," Fukuda said from her seat. "We're going to fight even harder now knowing you're the flag tank."

Nishi grin at her fierce little junior, then spoke to the room. "Well, what do you say, girls, can't just have Fukuda fighting harder on her own now."

The room rose to their sub commander's challenge, all roaring their passion out to fight with all they had, and then some. Knowing their commander was going to defend the flag, so they can all fight the enemy instead of being pushed to the rear. They make sure to put all the training she built into them to good use, so when their seniors return after they win this match, they can be proud of the defense of their club and commander.

"That's the spirit girls, now let's get to the practice field and go over our Kampfgruppe unit formation," Nishi ordered.

"Right!" The first years roar, then began to file out of the room to the practice field.

Nishi watch after them, then turn to Miho. "I'll get them organize to the practice field with their crew's commander."

"Thank you, Nishi, I'll be there soon," Miho replied with a smile.

"Just don't take too long alright," Nishi teased, then left the room.

Miho turn to see Tamada looking at her, so she made sure to close her notebook up and make her way down from the podium, then spoke. "Thanks for easing their minds about me being the flag tank."

"Sure, though anyway I can talk you out of it?" Tamada ask now, even though she was earlier trying to put the first years at ease, now she was letting her true feelings show.

Warmly smiling at her friend, no, lover now. Miho reach out with a hand to lightly touch her cheek. "Haru, you wanting to protect me is something I truly treasure about you. Yet I need you to trust me on this."

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, Tamada then spoke while touching Miho's hand against her cheek while nuzzling her face into it a bit. "Alright, sorry I don't mean to be overbearing. Guess being lovers now just makes me want to be ten times more protective."

It made Miho blush to hear the word lovers couple with their relationship now, she hope she get used to saying and hearing it as time went on, then she spoke. "I know, I want to protect you too, you know."

"You really don't fit in my mind as the knight, you're too sweet. Better off just being the princess, I mean you're kind of royalty here," Tamada teased.

"Haru!" Miho pouted at her.

"Sorry, sorry, your are still too cute when you pout, I had to do it. Yet I know how strong you are too, I'll try to learn to dial back on being overbearing and trust that even when you are outnumbered it's a fair fight for you," Tamada said with confidence in her boast.

Miho felt her heart beat fast, seeing Tamada was trusting her and acknowledging her strength, she then reach out a hand to take Tamada's in her own. "Just as I trust you to always come out on top. You're our fiery vice commander who's going to win the day for us this time around."

"Only with my Tigresses strategy that is, so let's go to practice," Tamada said, as she gently walk off, with Miho at her side.

Feeling some boldness coming over her, Miho lean up on her tippy toes to kiss the side of Tamada's face, which instantly cause the fiery vice commander to stop, blushing madly as she touch the spot she had felt those inviting lips had pressed against her skin.

"Hey, you can't do things like that suddenly!" Tamada whine at her.

"Hehe, so that's what it's like to tease you," Miho said, touching the side of her face, that was filled with pure joy that she actually tease her lover.

Always competitive Tamada wasn't going to be outdone, as she push forward with speed and capture Miho's lips with her own. She press a small number of kisses that Miho try to follow with her own mouth, but couldn't match Tamada's pace or fierceness making her lose breath quickly.

Pulling back with a satisfied smile when she was done, Tamada look at a breathless Miho. "Now that's what they call payback."

"Haru...you're bullying me," Miho said, catching her breath and pouting once more.

"Sorry, bullying you is something that will be happening more often," Tamada said proudly.

"You're the worst," Miho said with a smirk. "Come on, and let's not be late to practice Haru."

"Really, well I can be even worse," Tamada said in a seductive tone, while leaning forward for round two.

Miho though, shot a hand out to cover Tamada's mouth, while smiling at her lover. "You had your fun, time to be serious."

Tamada just spoke in muffle tone with Miho's hand covering her mouth, so Miho lower it now as she spoke. "What was that Haru?"

"I said, certainly my lady," Tamada tease while bringing Miho's hand up that she was holding in hers, to kiss the back of it, making Miho giggle at her playful lover. Then the two left the room hand and hand, to go to their tankery family who was as eager as them to be in the one place they couldn't dream to be without.

In their tanks, with their tankery sisters, and in the place they all belong too.

XxxxX

Night had taken over aboard the Zuikaku school carrier as its residents and families were sitting down for dinner time with one another. Yet for the girls of Oarai Girls Academies Sensha-do team, they were taking their dinner at their tank garage, that now was house with their Wolverton teammates as well which made it a bit cramp, but with how lively things were, no one care.

The practice that day had been exciting, as the Oarai girls watch the Wolverton girls show off their skills. Every one of them could see the discipline built into the Wolverton team, they maneuver with efficiency, fire with deadly accuracy, and were quick to respond to orders. The obvious problem was going to be the language barrier between them, which left Yukari in a bind.

Fukushu and Azusa were luckily able to communicate Japanese and English for the two sides, but if either were taken out it lead to huge problems. Yet a hand signaling method that Fukushu had suggested had been taking root now. It would take some time to get use too, and with only another couple of days to practice with it, just might not be enough, but Yukari would work herself to death to get it down to help their team.

Judging by how hard the other tank commanders of Oarai were trying to understand the hand signals, they were also of the same mind to work themselves to their limits, which made Yukari proud of them. Currently, the crews of both tanks were coming together to eat, even though there was little conversation because of the language barrier, it didn't stop Oarai girls from sharing food with the Wolverton girls who were grateful.

Some of the Oarai crew members were trying their hardest to say English words, with mixed results of success and complete failure, but the Wolverton girls would be patient with sounding things out for their new teammates. Yukari nodded at that, hoping they could win this match, since the Wolverton girls would stay with them all the way through the tournament and would probably only get stronger together as time went on.

"Miss Akiyama," a voice call to Yukari, who turn to take in the sight of Konomi Nishizumi leaning against the wall of the tank garage.

Yukari bow to the women, then rose up to speak. "It's been a pleasure Miss Nishizumi, your team is really something, you may say their rookies, but they look like veterans to me."

"The pleasure is all ours, you are the real deal as I thought you were. We may have trained for a lot of months to get to where we are, but you had to rush into this tournament, with far fewer tanks and still won," Konomi praise.

"Oh, it wasn't easy for sure. We struggle just to get the tanks out of the garage when we first started," Yukari said with an embarrassed laugh.

Konomi chuckled as well. "I had the same problem when I first learn to drive tanks."

"Miss Konomi, may I ask you something?" Yukari said, feeling a little nervous about what she was going to ask.

"Sure, go ahead."

"Your related to the Nishzumi's, but even I know that only Shiho and her daughters are the only remaining members here in Japan, why is that? Even the Shimada family has other cousins who compete at higher levels and the youngest prodigy, Miss Alice, is making waves in the college circuit."

You damn daughter of mine! You fail our family! You're good for nothing brat, all that time training you, all that time molding you, and this is my thanks! You were supposed to be the true Nishizumi! Yet you're nothing but a failure! Get out! Get out!

A flash of Konomi's mother's voice flash in her mind, a painful time and an even more painful memory. She had mostly buried it down, to be forgotten, to never be brought up again. Even Fukushu knew only the gist of what happen, not the more grisly details of her time after she was thrown out of her home.

Ah, you're cold out here, aren't you? Why not come to my apartment? I'll take care of you miss

Another voice of a man who pick her off the street, and took her into his home. Then quickly threw her out when he had his fun, she had been a fool to believe in him, and even more of a fool not understanding what was at stake when she duel her cousin.

You grew up loving Sensha-do! While I hated it!

The other voice was Shiho Nishizumi, telling her something she didn't think she ever hear from her. Shiho was a prodigy, then the best tank commander in Sensha-do for years, and now was a legend still spreading the Nishizumi style across Japan. Yet Konomi could still see the truth in her cousin's eyes that day, she really hated Sensha-do, which began to sprout doubts in her mind, but she was burying those down. Especially when she thought over all the horrible things that happen to her after that duel.

Yet the doubt wouldn't go away, as much as she try.

Konomi smiled at Yukari as she spoke. "It is complicated and more to the point, a personal story I like not to share Miss Akiyama."

"Oh, ok, it's just your daughter seems to really hate her cousin is all. I don't mean to pry or anything, it's just I...."

"Respect my niece Miho a bunch?" Konomi said with an amuse look.

"Ah yes, I'm worried about when they meet," Yukari said.

Hm, there's a chance here If I play my cards right

Konomi thought, letting the sly thought fuel her tiny scheme. "How about this? When both of your team's vice commanders come to meet, how about let Fukushu tag along as a temporary Vice Commander."

"Temporary?"

"Yes, that way she can meet her cousin and maybe lessen her feelings a bit while talking with her a bit," Konomi said, grinning inwardly at the little ploy.

Yukari touch her chin in thought, then smile. "Yes, that is a great idea. Thank you so much, I'll make sure to bring her along."

"Please do, I plan to watch this match with my cousin Shiho and catch up on things, though know I'm rooting for your success out there," Konomi said.

"We're grateful for your support, and when we win, we're going to be together for some time, so let me say that I look forward to working with you," Yukari said excitedly, then bow to the Konomi.

Konomi smirk, then bow back to Yukari as she spoke. "Know I look forward to working with your team too."

As the two raise themselves from their bow, Fukushu came up now. "Hey mom, hey Miss Akiyama."

"Hey Miss Fukushu, you were so awesome out there today!" Yukari said, turning to the young Nishizumi.

"Are you kidding me, those insane drift shots your Panzer 4 does are amazing, Miss Hana is really an ace gunner like you said. I wish I could do that, but Mom and my instructor Linda have my head for sure doing a crazy stunt like that," Fukushu said back.

"Don't make your mother out to be a monster please," Konomi joked, causing chuckles to break out with the trio.

"Well if you like, how about tomorrow ride with me in our tank? That way you can see it for yourself," Yukari said.

"You mean it, I won't lie, I'm not a big fan of German tanks, but I'll make an exception for you," Fukushu said back.

"Wah!" Yukari whine. "Your not a fan of German tanks, they're so cool! Everyone one of them has their own personality and traits."

Fukushu shrugged at that. "Hey some people got certain taste, what can I say."

That didn't stop Yukari from getting her way, as she turn to Konomi now. "Miss Nishizumi, please allow Fukushu to stay over at my house tonight. I have thousands of tank figures in my room and I promise come morning she will love all tanks, German ones included."

"Mm, that sounds like a good idea," Konomi said with approval.

"Mom!" Fukushu protested.

Yukari now came up to Fukushu grasping both of her hands. "This will be so cool, I'll even have Kisa come over. It will be a sleepover, you'll love it I promise."

Before Fukushu could fight back, Yukari broke away running back into the tank garage to find her best friend and tell her the good news. All the while Fukushu watch her go, feeling a little annoyed, but feeling happy as well. Yukari and her Oarai team were nothing like the Wolverton girls, they were an undisciplined lot, who seem to have a carefree attitude when it came to Sensha-do.

Yet they train hard, even without out an instructor yelling in their ear. It was like Fukushu had come into an alternate world of what a Sensha-do team was not supposed to look like. However, these girls were making their strategy and training work somehow. Fukushu only wish she can be this carefree, but she had been built with discipline by Linda before coming here and she wouldn't just start changing what made her effective just for the sake of fun, she was here to win.

"Well try not to stay up too late ok," Konomi said, still leaning against the wall.

"You make it sound like I have no choice," Fukushu said, turning back to her adoptive mother.

"You don't, you need to near this Yukari girl, get a feel for her. She is going to be your commander in this match with Chi-Ha-Tan, so understanding her will only help us and our own team," Konomi explain.

Fukushu nodded. "The language barrier is the biggest hurdle, but these Oarai girls learn quick, I think we can just squeeze our hand signals in."

The hand signals were something the girls of Wolverton had learn as part of their requirement in their tankery teams. As sometimes radios get busted in matches, it was something that was bound to happen, so the girls were taught a simple and effective hand signaling method to relay orders, spot targets, and still work together for tank kills.

This had its own problems for sure, especially if smoke blinded one another from seeing the hand signals, which in turn make them useless, or sometimes hand signaling could be translated wrong which would be disastrous since you can't try to rectify the bad signals after the other tanks starts going forward.

Yet it was the best they could do in a short time, in case Fukushu and Azusa were taken out.

"It won't be too much of a hamper, your main focus is putting in a good performance and winning this match," Konomi said.

"Yes, the time for us to bring down Shiho starts now. I promise to make short work of my half-sister, that Tiger 1 I'll take apart piece by piece, to remind that damn Shiho of what she did to you that day," Fukushu said with a growl.

Konomi grin at that, but decided to lecture her daughter about things. "I understand you wanting to avenge me Fukushu. I admire it really, but don't waste time trying to do something like that."

"Why?" Fukushu said, turning to her mom in thought.

"Because us winning is enough to bring the whole Nishizumi clan down for good, especially when we reveal our name to the public aftewrwords. If you have the chance to take your half-sister down, don't waste time, end her quickly."

Fukushu gave that some thought, then spoke again. "Isn't getting our revenge what all this is leading up to. Isn't making them see what they did you was a mistake?"

"That might be what I want, but this match is bigger than just revenge. Our academy is on the line here, we need to show we can stand tall in Sensha-do. That way we can attract more financial backers domestically, while also showing America is here to compete," Konomi lecture.

"Isn't Miss Shimada backing us with enough support already?" Fukushu ask.

"For now, but even I can tell that won't be forever. She's helping us now because we are looking to take down Shiho. Once that's done, she'll drop us hard I know it," Konomi stated matter of factly. Even when Chiyo first came to offer financial support to the open Wolverton, Konomi was wary of her intentions, even now was the case.

The women always seem to have this look that said, I'm ten steps ahead of you. Konomi already had suspicions that once this tournament was over, Chiyo would withdraw her funding, making Wolverton have to find their own finical supporter. Hopefully, this match could draw some investors to the academy if Wolverton puts in a good performance.

"I thought you two were friends," Fukushu ask.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend, as they say. I never truly trusted her from the start, but she did provide a lot, so I can't disregard that. Yet I know if I hadn't been along wanting to take down Shiho like her, she never would have help open Wolverton," Konomi said.

"Is she our enemy too?" Fukushu question hotly.

Konomi sigh. "Everyone that isn't in our academy, is an enemy. Even these Oarai girls, as one day we might have to face them in a match. That's why this match right now, is so important, so don't waste time with petty revenge for my sake. Take what you learn from Linda and me, show the enemy no mercy in this match. Then put these Chi-Ha-Tan girls into the dirt."

"Yes mother, no mercy at all for them," Fukushu said obediently, then something she wanted to ask for some time of her mother came to her. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," Konomi said, though she had an inkling of what her daughter was after.

Fukushu struggled with what she wanted to ask, knowing she might not like the answer but press forward now. "Did you give Linda permission to beat on me?"

Silence follow the older Nishizumi for a moment, then she spoke."Yes, do you hate me for it?"

"I...Well...why you did you do that?"

"Fukushu you know I love you like my own daughter. Yet part of me also wanted to make sure you weren't as naïve as I was when I did Sensha-do," Konomi explain.

"What do you mean?" Fukushu press on.

"I mean I wanted you to see the more brutal side of what Sensha-do really was. What it took to obtain victory, but I could never raise my hand to you, or come to berate you to make you see that. Heh, even know I'm too soft for that sort of thing," Konomi said, with a sad chuckle following.

"You're not soft, you're so strong. Even that detestable Shiho can't compare with you," Fukushu said, wanting to protect her mother's honor.

"No, I am too soft. That's why I hire Linda, she can berate, scold, and drill hard. She was also a need for me to get the best out of you, and seeing now how much you improve. I say that was the right decision," Konomi said proudly.

Fukushu thought it over, feeling a bit betrayed that her mother would use such an underhanded tactic on her. At the same time, she couldn't argue with the results, as she improve in the last week faster than in the months previously when she first join Wolverton academy.

"I'm not mad. If anything I'm glad you did it, even if it was a bit brutal, I wizen up quick. I will always hate Linda, but I'm glad for her training, which I know had a lot of what you teach mixed in," Fukushu said confidently.

Konomi now stop leaning on the wall, to stand in front of Fukushu as she spoke. "I knew it would. You have all the keys to be a good tank commander, now's the time to show them. Yet also know, I will always support you Fuku, I won't abandon you ever. I love you."

Feeling her heart beat with joy at her mother's words, Fukushu came forward to hug her tightly. "I love you too mom."

"Ahh, does little Fuku need a hug?" a voice called to them.

Both girls turn to see Jasmine, Ellie, and Morena coming up to them now.

"Yea hermanita, need a hug?" Morena tease.

Fukushu back off from her mother. "I'm not a little kid."

"Are you sure? How about we test that? Ellie if you do the honors please," Jasmine said with a sly grin.

"Yes leader," then Ellie rush over to Fukushu, who couldn't react in time as she was pick around the waist by Ellie to swing around.

"Ah! Put me down Ellie, you're just bullying me now," Fukushu yell in desperation, but began to laugh at her friend's antics.

Konomi smile at them, then turn to Jasmine and Morena. "You girls ready for this?"

"Yes Miss Nishizumi, we're ready to show the might of Wolverton," Morena said proudly.

"We won't let all your effort go to waste I promise you, Wolverton will show our fangs are sharper than the Tigress Corps," Jasmine boasted.

"Yes, the pack is stronger together," Konomi said, grinning ear to ear, as she could see the jaws closing around its first victim of her damn family, who be the first to fall against her wolves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 57 10
A new era of Sensha-do is on the rise, with iron and fury its decree. For Miho she just wants to escape her shame and failure, to no longer be trampl...
373 13 4
An Original Story based on the Girls UND Panzer universe. The Story begins with the unfortunate Defeat of Akagi Girl's Academy in the 56th National H...
29.3K 439 22
This story is an au in which that since the beginning of Sensha-do it was a co-ed sport and there are many things added to make it safer. It follows...
24.4K 395 32
After the fight against the University team Miho Nishizumi is invited to a summit along with the rest of the Senshado commanders and the commanders o...