Thanatophobia | VICTOR ZSASZ...

By theunstableoriginal

Thanatophobia (n.) the phobia of losing someone you love Or in which a 1,017 year old Original Vampire finds... More

PROLOGUE
CAST
one | pilot
two | selina kyle
three | the balloonman
four | arkham
five | viper
six | spirit of the goat
seven | penguin's umbrella
eight | what the little bird told him
nine | the fearsome dr. crane
ten | the scarecrow
eleven | the blind fortune teller
twelve | red hood
thirteen | everyone has a cobblepot
fourteen | beasts of prey
fifteen | under the knife
sixteen | the anvil or the hammer
seventeen | all happy families are alike
eighteen | damned if you do
nineteen | knock, knock
twenty | the last laugh
twenty one | strike force
twenty two | scarification
twenty three | mommy's little monster
twenty four | a bitter pill to swallow
twenty five | the son of gotham
twenty six | worse than a crime
twenty seven | mr. freeze
twenty nine | into the woods
thirty | azrael
thirty one | unleashed
thirty two | better to reign in hell
thirty three | burn the witch
thirty four | look into my eyes
thirty five | new day rising
thirty six | anything for you
thirty seven | follow the white rabbit
thirty eight | blood rush
thirty nine | time bomb
forty | beware the green-eyed monster
forty one | ghosts
forty two | smile like you mean it
forty three | the gentle art of making enemies
forty four | the primal riddle
forty five | pretty hate machine
forty six | heavydirtysoul
forty seven | pax penguina
forty eight | the fear reaper
forty nine | they who hide behind masks
fifty | the demon's head
fifty one | the blade's path
fifty two | hog day afternoon
fifty three | stop hitting yourself
fifty four | things that go boom
fifty five | queen takes knight
fifty six | a beautiful darkness
fifty seven | the sinking ship, the grand applause
fifty eight | one of my three soups
fifty nine | mandatory brunch meeting
sixty | that's entertainment
sixty one | that old corpse
sixty two | one bad day
sixty three | no man's land
sixty four | year zero
sixty five | trespassers
sixty six | ruin
sixty seven | pena dura
AUTHOR'S NOTE
UPDATE

twenty eight | mad grey dawn

132 8 33
By theunstableoriginal

During the two weeks in which Annabelle was in isolation, a couple of things had occurred inside of Arkham Asylum.

One of the things that had occurred was that Victor Zsasz had repeatedly entered the asylum and tried to see Annabelle, only for him to be told almost every single time he went that she wasn't able to see any visitors until further notice.

It had been a total of seven times in which he went to see her.

It was only seven times in the two weeks she'd spent in isolation because he felt that if he was to try and see her every other day that perhaps they would finally let him see her, but to no avail.

So, on the sixth time, he brought in some of his assassins to shoot up the asylum and kill as many staff as he pleased until they let him see her.

It sort of worked.

It gave him their attention, which made him slightly happy, until he was told that if he tried to kill any more of their staff, they wouldn't only refuse his entry to the asylum.

They'd also make sure that Annabelle would never be able to see any outside visitors for the rest of her stay in Arkham.

After the seventh time he went to see her, which was exactly two days ago, he was told that he could see her soon.

This news made him feel elated from the mere thought of seeing her face once more, when he hadn't physically seen her face since she was shipped off to Arkham.

So he went back to his apartment and went about doing whatever he pleased until he could see her again.

Another thing that occurred was that Victor Fries, a man Annabelle had met prior to being shipped off to Arkham and declared insane, had apparently broken into Arkham to save his wife, Nora Fries.

Unfortunately for him, though, Nora switched her cartridges and killed herself because of it.

Because of how heartbroken he was by his wife's suicide, he froze himself.

The next day, it was announced that Victor Fries didn't make it and died in the Arkham infirmary.

The final thing that occurred was that, as a means of curing Oswald Cobblepot of his insanity, Hugo Strange and Ethel Peabody gave Oswald some of the Crane formula.

Apparently, they seemed to work and made him not have such a violent response to whatever happened to him.

Those were just a couple of the things Annabelle had heard about when she was released from isolation and was let back into her cell.

Contrary to how Annabelle was when she was first put into isolation, she was oddly silent.

When she was first put in there, she was screaming threats and obscenities, along with punching holes into the walls of the room she was shoved into.

That was during her first week in isolation.

During her first couple of days of her second week there, she gradually stopped screaming threats and obscenities.

At one point, she resorted to simply heavily shaking in anger as her thoughts from past altercations passed through her mind.

Most of the altercations were ones that involved Jerome Valeska repeatedly bothering her before he was killed.

Then there were the ones she had with Carmine Falcone and Victor Zsasz during her twelve years in Gotham.

The remaining ones were just ones she had with her siblings before she ditched them in 1718.

And then to the surprise of the orderlies that came to check on her each day, she eventually resorted to staring at the wall with a blank look on her face.

They didn't know if the isolation had worked on her, or if she was simply holding her anger deep inside of her for her to lash out at the next unexpected victim, but they knew that she would need to be let out soon.

After being led back to her cell, she was told she had a visitor.

And to no surprise of the staff members of Arkham, it was Victor Zsasz that went to the asylum once more.

Annabelle, herself, was surprised to see Victor sitting in the visitation room with a grin on his face.

After sitting down across from him, she asked him, "Victor, what are you doing here?"

Victor's grin fell when he saw the lack of anger he expected to see her be dealing with before he asked her, "What's going on with you?"

She sighed as she said to him, "Well, aside from just being let out of isolation about twenty minutes ago, not much."

He frowned before he asked her, "Isolation? Why'd they have you in isolation?"

She told him with a chuckle, "Because I killed two of their men."

He chuckled as he said to her, "Of course you did. I mean, you wouldn't be you if you didn't."

A wide grin made its way onto her face as she replied, "Exactly."

After a moment of silence between the two of them, she said, "So, I heard that you brought some of your henchwomen with you and killed quite a bit of the staff here at Arkham while I was in isolation. I have to say, I hate the fact that I missed seeing that. It must have been quite fun for you."

He told her, "Enjoying it wasn't the point. They didn't tell me that you were in isolation. They only said that you couldn't have any visitors until further notice. I needed to see you."

She laughed as she leaned closer towards him with a big grin on her face and said, "Aw. Victor Zsasz, did you actually miss me during my time here?"

He silently eyed her before he scoffed and said to her, "Shut up."

She laughed again before she leaned in even more and whispered to him, "Don't worry. You're not alone. I missed you, too."

He only chuckled in response as she leaned back into her chair and said to him, "Believe it or not, the mere thought of you is what kept me from really losing it while in isolation."

He tilted his head as he asked her, "Oh, really? And why's that?"

She shrugged as she replied, "I don't know. The mere thought of you seems to calm me down and keep myself from losing it. Even when Galavan had me working with him and Valeska was doing nothing but pissing me off, the mere thought of you always calmed me down." After a moment of silence, she said, "There's something about you, Victor Zsasz, that always seems to calm me down, no matter how angry I am or how much I feel the urge to tear into someone's throat."

He asked her, "And what about the time that you were away from Gotham after you left?"

She tilted her head as she replied, "What about it?"

He asked her, "Did you think of me then, too?"

She replied, "Of course I did. I had many occasions in which I considered just ceasing my hunt for my father and going back to Gotham to check on you. I never did, though. But, hey, the thought counts, right?" He silently nodded his head, which got her to ask him, "Victor, what's wrong? You're being silent. That's not like you."

He said to her, "I'm just thinking. That's all."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she asked him, "Thinking about what?"

He eyed the room before he quietly muttered under his breath, "I'm thinking about how I could get you out of here."

She gasped before a wide and genuine grin made its way onto her face, while she asked him, "Oh, can you?"

He sighed as he told her, "I think I can, but I'll need some help doing it."

She quickly nodded her head as she said, "Of course. Whatever you need. Should I kill some more of the staff here?"

He chuckled as he said to her, "Annabelle, as much as I love your enthusiasm for people dying, I'm talking about outside help."

She frowned before she looked down at the table and said to him, "Oh. My apologies, then."

He chuckled, which got her to look up at him before he quietly muttered once more, "Relax. As soon as you're out of here, you can kill as many people as you want. I'll even help you find some victims."

Annabelle's eyes widened as a wide and bloodthirsty grin made its way onto her face, only for it to fall when he said in a quiet whisper, "But only if you promise to not kill any more of the people here. What would be the point in trying to break you out, if you're gonna be back in isolation?"

She quickly nodded her head as her bloodthirsty grin made its way back onto her face, while she said, "Of course, Zsasz. You can count on me."

He eyed her as he smirked to himself when he saw how willing she was to actually do what he asked and not kill anyone until he broke her out.

She asked him, "So, how long will it take?"

He replied, "It will take some time, but don't worry. It will happen."

Her grin became even wider as she said, "I can't wait."

At that very moment, Victor very quietly discussed his plan on breaking Annabelle out of Arkham.

Although he might have been glad that being locked away in isolation didn't get to her, he was worried that if she put in there again, it might actually change her into someone he didn't recognize.

He didn't want that to happen, so he had to do whatever he could to make sure he got her out of Arkham as soon as possible, no matter how angry Oswald Cobblepot could be with him because of it.

* * *

Annabelle was back in Hugo's office and listening to him ask her more and more questions about her relationships with people she interacted with throughout her life, from the moment she was born until the moment she was shipped off to Arkham.

He was more or less interested to see if there were any other people that contributed in helping her regain her sanity because of his beliefs in her being a narcissistic and murderous sociopath that had no morals and showed no remorse when killing another person.

Then there was also the fact that he believed she was delusional and she simply made up the idea of her having siblings and being a vampire in her head in order to protect herself from the abuse she suffered from a young age until she turned sixteen.

However, no matter how much he implored Annabelle to go along with the treatment and to stop hurting the orderlies that tried to take her to therapy, she wouldn't listen.

She insisted that she was a vampire and would rip out his throat, if he attempted to do to her what had been done to Oswald Cobblepot before he was released with a sanity certificate.

She wouldn't let him do anything to her.

She was adamant that she remain the same person she was when she entered the asylum.

She knew that if she was different when she left the asylum, Victor would blame himself for not getting her out much earlier than he had.

She was simply buying him time until she was broken out of there and she could kill as many people as she pleased.

While he continued to ask her questions, she imagined all of the ways in which she could tear him apart for what he did to Oswald and what he'd been repeatedly attempting to do to her.

It was only a given that, after she heard him sigh and knock on his desk, Annabelle looked up at him and said, "Oh, are you still talking?"

Hugo sighed before he asked her, "Annabelle, who do you expect to better yourself, if you don't contribute when we meet?"

She replied, "Maybe I don't want to better myself. Have you ever thought of that?"

He asked her, "And why not? I mean, you're in Arkham Asylum, so why wouldn't you want to better yourself?"

She replied, "Oh, gee, I don't know. Perhaps it's because I was forcibly sent here by Captain Nathaniel Barnes. What do you think?"

He said to her, "I think that you're harboring a lot of anger towards your dead mother, your father, Butch Gilzean, your dead comrade Fish Mooney, your former ally Theo Galavan, his sister Tabitha Galavan and Jerome Valeska. I think that you're harboring so much anger inside of you that you can't think straight and have yet to realize just how much you really need my help."

She slowly leaned forward with her eyes narrowed as she asked him, "How many times must I tell you that I don't need your help or help from any other person? I'm quite fine and I've dealt with things just perfectly fine without the help of you or anyone else in this damn asylum. I've dealt with being away from my siblings for two-hundred and eighty-two years. Oh, and let's not forget that my cursed mother and father had tormented me for ten years! Anything else I've dealt with is not so bad as those are."

He sighed before he told her, "Annabelle, you don't have any siblings. You simply made them up in your mind to protect yourself from the abuse you received by your parents."

Annabelle started to shake as her veins came onto display before she sped towards him and slammed him up against a wall with her hand wrapped tightly around the front of his neck, while she said, "You know nothing of what my life with my family was like. You don't know how my parents forbade my siblings from healing me with my wounds, causing my eldest brother and my twin brother to help heal them in secret. You know nothing of how I attempted to murder my parents when I was ten, so don't tell me that my bloody siblings aren't real! You know nothing about them! You think you know every single thing about a person, but you know nothing! And I swear if you attempt to try and make me believe that I simply made them up one more time, I will rip your bloody throat out."

Hugo stared down at her with wide eyes after he saw how fast she moved, despite the fact that she hadn't had any human blood since the night she was sent off to isolation.

He considered it to be impressive that she was able to move so fast, despite not having any blood in quite some time.

After eyeing her for a couple of moments, he choked out, "My apologies, Annabelle. It won't happen again."

Annabelle eyed him before she released him and walked back to her chair.

While he massaged his own neck, he watched as Annabelle became calm once more.

He didn't understand how she could be so angry and threatening to kill him one moment, but be absolutely calm in the next.

Was she internalizing all of her emotions for a later point in time, or was she really not angry with him anymore?

He didn't know and quite frankly, he didn't want to know either.

So just like any other person that pissed her off in the past, he would have to tread carefully and be sure he didn't piss her off once more during her time in the asylum.

* * *

Annabelle was back in the visitation room and sitting across from one of the acquaintances she made during her time in Gotham.

Naturally when she was told she had a visitor, she assumed it would be Victor Zsasz, due to the fact that he kept visiting her and informing her on how well his plan was working and how it wouldn't be much longer for her to get broken out of the asylum.

But of course she was wrong.

Instead of Victor Zsasz waiting for her in the visitation room, it was Edward Nygma, someone she developed an acquaintanceship with after Tabitha had kidnapped her and forced her to return to Gotham.

Ever since she was sent off to Arkham, she hadn't heard anything in regards to Edward Nygma, nor had she seen him.

So it was quite a surprise for her to realize that it was him that wanted to see her.

After sitting down across from him and eyeing him, she said, "Well, this is a first. Edward Nygma paying me a visit while I'm in Arkham."

Edward replied, "Yes, well, I need your help with something. Something that could help me with my Jim Gordon dilemma."

She raised an eyebrow at him as she said, "Your Jim Gordon dilemma?" When he nodded his head, she asked him, "And what kind of dilemma would that be?"

He looked around the room for a moment before he quietly told her, "He's looking into Kristen's death. I can't let him find out it was me that killed her, so I need to halt his investigation immediately."

She chuckled before she sighed and said to him, "Sorry, love. I'd love to help you with your dilemma but in case you've forgotten, I'm kind of locked up in Arkham right about now. I can't do much to help, unless you've found yourself a way to break me out of here." After she was silent for a moment, she said, "Well, unless I was given the sanity certificate that Oswald was apparently given, but I don't see that happening any time soon."

He tapped his fingers on the table before he said, "Ah, yes, about Oswald, there's something you should know about him."

She scoffed as she asked him, "What, has he decided to hunt down Tabitha and kill her for what she did to his mother?"

He shook his head as he told her, "No, actually, he's nice. Too nice. It's bothersome."

She raised her eyebrows as she asked him, "You're telling me that Oswald Cobblepot, the Oswald Cobblepot that we both know, is nice now and not trying to regain his empire and whatnot?"

He nodded his head as he said to her, "Precisely. In fact, just earlier today, he came to my home covered in feathers and after I invited him inside, he told me that he was covered in feathers because of Tabitha and Butch. Apparently, he visited them before he came to me. And do you know what else he said to me?"

She replied, "I'm fairly certain that I don't."

Edward told her, "He told me that violence and anger are not the answer. A-As a matter of fact, his exact words were 'I'm here to tell you, Ed, as a friend, violence and anger are not the answer'."

Annabelle's eyebrows furrowed before she burst into laughter.

Edward stared at Annabelle with a blank look on his face and watched as she nearly bent over from how hard she was laughing before he said to her, "It's not funny. It's weird."

After calming herself down, she said, "Yes, I know, but to think that Oswald Cobblepot, who killed several people and nearly murdered Don Falcone in order to become in charge of the underworld here in Gotham, had actually told you that violence and anger aren't the answer just baffles me. I mean, he's killed loads of people."

He nodded his head as he said to her, "I know. I was going to tell him what I had planned for Jim Gordon, but he was weirding me out."

She sighed as she replied, "Yes, well, I don't blame you. I'd find it odd as well, if he came to one of my temporary homes and said the same exact words to me."

After a moment of silence between the two, he asked her, "What about you? How are you holding up here? Have you changed yet?"

She pinched the bridge of her nose before she said, "No, I haven't. They're trying to make me change, though. As a matter of fact, Hugo Strange is attempting to make me believe that I'm not actually a vampire and that my siblings aren't real and I simply made them up. Although, he hasn't done that in quite some time. Last time he attempted to do that, I threatened to tear into his throat if he tried to make me believe my siblings weren't real ever again."

Edward leaned forward and quietly said to her, "I heard that Victor Zsasz is attempting to break you out with some women that work with him and other hitmen he happens to know. He's apparently planning on shooting up this place in order to break you out. Is that true?"

She nodded her head before she told him, "But I don't know how much longer I can handle being here. I haven't had the chance to consume human blood in so long and the longer I go without it, the weaker I become and believe me when I say this, Edward Nygma. I do not like being weak."

Edward rolled up his sleeve before he held out his arm for her and said, "If you want, you can have some of mine."

Annabelle glanced down at his exposed wrist before she looked back up at him and asked him, "Are you sure about this, Edward?" When he nodded his head, she said, "The only reason I'm asking is because it can be quite painful, from my understanding, when a vampire consumes blood from a human."

Edward nodded his head as he said to her, "Yes, I'm sure. After all, we're potential allies that just so happen to share the same enemy. I'm sure that if it were me and I really needed something from you that you would do the same for me."

She eyed him before she nodded her head and said to him, "Fair enough."

Then she slowly pulled his arm closer to herself and brought it up to her mouth.

After holding it in front of her face for a couple of moments, she glanced up at Edward, who was simply staring at her, before she sank her teeth into his wrist and started to consume his blood.

Once he felt her teeth sink into his wrist, Edward let out a painful groan before he winced when he felt her teeth dig even deeper into his skin.

While she consumed some of his blood, he glanced around the room to make sure there weren't any other cameras.

When he saw none, he looked back at her to see her pull her mouth away from his wrist, but not before she bit her own wrist and offered it to him.

He glanced down at her wrist with furrowed eyebrows before he looked back at her and said, "I don't understand."

She told him, "Just drink some of my blood. It'll heal you from the bite I gave you."

He narrowed his eyes at her, while he asked her, "It's not going to turn me into a vampire, is it?"

She scoffed as she said, "No, of course not. In order to be turned into a vampire, you need to drink vampire blood, die with it still in your system and then drink the blood of some human. That's the only way you can become one."

He sighed before he grabbed her wrist and started to drink some more of her blood.

He forced himself not to pull away and throw up when he felt her blood start to trickle down his throat.

After a couple moments of him drinking her blood, she forcefully pulled her wrist away from his mouth before she told him, "You have some of my blood around your mouth, you know."

Edward quickly pulled a napkin out of his coat and used it to wipe his mouth before he stuffed it into one of his pockets.

Annabelle sighed as she asked him, "Do you at least know how much longer I have until he does it?"

He replied, "I'm afraid not, Annabelle. I've only heard of his plans. Nothing more."

She nodded her head with a sigh, while she said to him, "Very well." Then she looked back up at him and said, "Thanks for the blood, by the way."

He nodded his head as he said to her, "Of course. It's no problem at all, Annabelle."

She opened her mouth to say something to him, only to stop when one of the orderlies knocked on the door and yelled, "Hey, hurry up in there! You need to get to your next appointment with Professor Strange!"

Annabelle's eyes narrowed before her veins came onto display.

She hated having to go and see Hugo Strange.

In her opinion, Hugo Strange was nothing more than an incompetent fool, who felt as if he knew every little thing about everyone that entered the asylum.

Edward grabbed her hand, which got her to look at him before he said to her, "Hey, relax. He'll get you out soon enough."

She nodded her head and said as she stood from the chair, "Good luck with your Gordon dilemma, Edward. I wish you the best of luck with it."

Edward only nodded in response and watched as Annabelle walked out of the visitation room.

It wasn't long after she left the room that he heard her taunting one of the orderlies before she started to laugh.

Perhaps after his James Gordon dilemma was finished, he could try and see what he could do to help Annabelle get out of Arkham.

After all, she helped him with disposing of Kristen Kringle's body and didn't expose him as a murderer, despite being given the chance to.

He saw no harm in trying to help her as well.

* * *

Annabelle was in the middle of another session with Hugo Strange and listening to him ask more and more questions about Jerome Valeska.

The only reason being that she refused to answer any questions about Jerome, even though he was already dead.

She had no problems answering questions about the other people he listed for those that pissed her off and brought her overwhelming hatred for them, but she always refused to talk about Jerome.

She saw no point in answering questions about someone who did nothing but piss her off every time he so much as opened his mouth to ask her a question or laugh rather boisterously on just about anything he found to be funny.

It was only when she was about to snap and threaten Hugo once more that the door opened and an orderly told her, "You have another visitor here for you."

Annabelle raised an eyebrow as she slowly turned her head to look at the orderly and asked him, "Twice in one day?" When the orderly nodded his head, she shrugged and said, "That's a new record."

Then she quickly looked back at Hugo, who merely waved her off with a sigh, which got her to smirk at him before she jumped up and out of her chair and walked out of the office and towards where the orderly was standing.

Once she reached the orderly, he grabbed her by the arm and led her to the visitation room where Detective James Gordon patiently sat and waited for her.

James only looked away from the table when he heard the door opening and saw Annabelle walking towards the other side of the table with her head tilted to the side and her eyes narrowed.

It was only when she sat across from him that she said, "Well, well, well. If it isn't my least favorite detective, James Gordon." After folding her hands together, she said, "Do tell me what it is I could possibly do to assist the apparent boy scout of the GCPD."

James raised an eyebrow at her, but didn't bother question her use of the words 'boy scout' and simply asked her, "Annabelle, have you told anyone about the night of Galavan's murder?"

She scoffed as she asked him, "Who could I possibly tell? The only people I actually talk to here are Victor Zsasz whenever he visits me and Hugo Strange, who keeps trying to make me believe that I made up the fact of me having siblings and being a vampire. There's not many people I talk to here, Gordon."

James narrowed his eyes at her, while he told her, "The log-in form says that Nygma came to see you earlier today."

She smiled as she said, "Ah, yes, I thought I was forgetting something. He came to see me earlier today. Poor Edward. He was quite concerned when Oswald came to his home covered in feathers after his apparent visit with Tabitha and Butch."

James asked her, "And that's why he visited you? To talk to you about Oswald?"

She replied, "And to see how I was handling being stuck here." After eyeing him for a couple of moments, she said, "But that's not why you're here. Not once prior to today did you visit me, so you must need something from me."

He nodded his head as he said to her, "I do. Apparently, IA is reopening the investigation for Galavan's murder, and I want to know if you somehow managed to contact them or had Zsasz do it for you."

She chuckled as she asked him, "Ah, so is that why you came all this way just to give me a visit? You were worried that I told the IA, or had Victor tell them, that it was you who killed Galavan?"

When he didn't respond, she chuckled some more.

He narrowed his eyes at her as he said, "It's not funny, Annabelle." When she only chuckled in response, he said, "It's a yes or no question. Did you or did you not tell them about it?"

She feigned a pout before she replied, "Oh, temper, temper, Gordon. Throwing a tantrum isn't going to do anything to help you with your current dilemma." After chuckling with her use of the word 'dilemma', she said, "If I was going to inform them that it was you who did it, I wouldn't wait all this time and have you come here, practically begging for answers. I mean, don't get me wrong, Gordon. Seeing you squirm is quite pleasing to me, but I have nothing to do with your dilemma. I've been a bit preoccupied threatening to rip open the throat of Hugo Strange to even consider doing this to you and if I'm not doing that, then I'm having every other day visits from Victor. And if I'm not doing either of those, then I'm killing a few orderlies and being tossed right back into solitary."

When he sighed in response, she leaned forward and pressed her hand against the side of her face as she said, "I'm sorry, love, but you've come to the wrong person. I suggest you look elsewhere and see who else could possibly be behind your dilemma."

He looked back at Annabelle and saw the grin she had on her face before he asked her, "You know something, don't you?"

While her grin became even wider, she replied, "I'm afraid that I don't know what you're talking about, Gordon. I'm simply enjoying the fact that you don't know who's behind the reopening of the investigation."

He quickly stood up from his seat and grabbed the front of her dress before he pulled her closer to himself and said to her, "Out with it, Mikaelson. You know something. I know you do."

She scoffed as she asked him, "And what are you going to do, Gordon? Are you going to hurt me?"

He replied, "If I have to."

She chuckled before she forcefully removed his hands from her dress and patted the side of his face, while she said, "Hate to break it to you, love, but you're just not intimidating." Then she leaned closer to him and whispered in his ear, "And between the two of us, I've dealt with far worse. After all, I had to deal with ten years of abuse at the hands of my mother and father, while I was human. There's nothing you could possibly do to make me talk."

After pulling away from him, she stepped away and mockingly saluted him before she said, "I'll see you around, Gordon."

While she knocked on the door, he started to yell, "Wait—"

When the door opened, Annabelle turned to look at James and smirked at him before she closed the door behind herself and laughed, while the orderly led her back to her cell.

James Gordon was now back to square one and he didn't know who else could have possibly been behind the new evidence regarding Theo Galavan's murder.

* * *

During the next four weeks after James Gordon's visit to Annabelle in Arkham, Annabelle got much more frequent visits from Edward Nygma, who told her more information about the arrest of James Gordon because of him being set up for the murder of Officer Carl Pinkney.

Annabelle didn't blink, nor did she laugh at the news of James's apparent murder charge.

She didn't care about it.

The only thing she cared about was getting out of Arkham and getting back to Gotham, so that she could do as she pleased.

However, despite all of the time she spent waiting for Victor to break her out, nothing happened.

She was still an inmate in the asylum and had to deal with the irritating questions about Jerome Valeska that Hugo Strange would ask her.

Of course, there were also the occasional questions about Victor Zsasz that made her attempt to strangle Hugo, only for several orderlies to come in and restrain her to the chair.

According to Hugo, they got an anonymous tip that told them that vervain weakened her and thus, she was subjected to being injected with vervain three times a day.

Once in the morning when she first woke up, the second time being before she was taken to the small cafeteria for lunch and the final time before she had to go to sleep.

She didn't know who told them about vervain, but she knew she wouldn't rest until she found the person responsible for it and brutally killed them.

It had been two weeks since the vervain was being used against her.

Two weeks where she had to deal with being chained to the chair inside of Hugo's office.

Hugo made it where one orderly had to be in there with her and inject her with some more vervain every time she attempted to refuse to answer a question.

The pain would make her grit her teeth, but she refused to answer his questions about Victor Zsasz and Jerome Valeska.

She wanted to protect Victor from Hugo, along with having no interest in talking about someone that had been dead for a couple of months now.

After those two weeks, she heard about James Gordon going on trial for the murder of Officer Pinkney.

She might not have been a lawyer, but she knew that with all of the evidence that pointed at him, according to Edward, he would stand no chance in court.

And she was right.

After four weeks of dealing with her own personal hell, Edward came to her and told her that James was arrested for up to forty years, maybe even more, at Blackgate Penitentiary.

She could see how elated Edward was with getting away with the murder, but she didn't join in on his happiness for it.

She only blankly stared at him.

After spending three weeks being subjected to vervain three times a day, and maybe even more if she had a session with Hugo, she could admit that she was feeling completely and utterly exhausted.

The amount of vervain that was being injected into her was starting to take a toll on her.

At this point, she didn't know how much longer she could handle being inside of the asylum.

She was starting to lose the hope of Victor saving her and started to believe that she would be subjected to their tortures for the rest of her immortal life.

However, those thoughts didn't last long because one night, the same night that James Gordon was transferred to Blackgate, Annabelle woke up in her cell to the sound of gunfire and the screams of the orderlies and the other staff of Arkham.

Due to the fact that it had only been two hours since she was injected with vervain, Annabelle let out a groan as she stood from her bed and walked towards the door to her cell and tried her best to look out of it.

The first thing she saw was blood coating the floor and heard the screams of any unfortunate staff member that got caught in the gunfire.

The next thing she saw was dead bodies scattered throughout the hallway for as far as she could see.

Her eyebrows furrowed, while she started to wonder who could be behind it, only to stop and slightly jump when she saw a familiar pair of dark, brown eyes staring into her own and a wide smirk on his face as he held up a pair of keys to her cell in his left hand.

A wide and genuine grin made its way onto her face as she said, "Victor, you've come for me."

He chuckled as he unlocked her cell and threw open the door before he said to her, "Of course I did. I told you I would, didn't I?"

The moment the door to her cell was opened, despite the pain she felt, she threw herself at Victor and wrapped her arms around him before she started to cry into his chest.

Victor grinned as he wrapped his own arms around her waist and held her against himself for a couple of moments before he picked her up and quickly ran down the hallway after he gathered the things she had with her when she was taken to the asylum.

While he ran through the halls towards a secret exit someone inside of the asylum had told him about before he shot the staff member in the head, he could feel how much she was shaking.

He didn't know if she was angry or was really worn out from being inside of the asylum with no blood to consume, but didn't think much more on it when Nico Angelos, a vampire Annabelle had befriended in the year 1650, appeared in front of him and said, "Hurry up. They should be coming along this way soon."

Victor nodded his head and hurriedly followed Nico, while Annabelle raised her head from Victor's chest and asked, "Nico? Is that you?"

Nico replied, "Yeah, it's me, Annabelle. We're getting you out of here."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she asked him, "We? Who else is doing this?"

Nico told her, "Some friends of mine I made over the years and some hitmen Zsasz apparently knows."

She sighed before she said, "I knew I made a good choice when I told Niklaus not to kill you."

Nico chuckled before he opened the door to the exit and watched Victor hurriedly run out of the asylum and towards a vehicle he stole.

As soon as he saw Victor get in the vehicle and drive off with Annabelle and her things that he threw into the back seat, Nico let out a loud and shrill whistle, which signaled to his vampires that they should stop what they were doing and leave the asylum.

It was only when he saw that all of his friends had left that he, too, left.

Despite Annabelle being a good and old friend of his, he knew that he at least owed her for the countless times she saved him from certain death.

This was one of the many times that he would have to pay her back somehow.

While he sped away from the asylum and Gotham altogether, he could hear the loud ringing of bells and the sound of barking dogs and yelling men.

It wouldn't be long until they realized that Annabelle Mikaelson had been broken out of the asylum and was now out on the loose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 7K 43
โI know you'll never love me but maybe you'll stay for awhile.โž (the originals | au-s1) (m. bigora duology | b1)
145K 4.7K 26
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Ž๐๐‹๐˜ ๐„๐—๐‚๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐| โWhy did you just leave me like that?โž โBecause I thought ...
290K 7.7K 44
You thought you knew everything about Jerome Valeska. He was your best friend. He was your boyfriend. You loved him. But seeing him transition to the...
76.5K 2.1K 39
โแดนแตƒสธแต‡แต‰ สทแต‰ สฐแตƒแต›แต‰ แตƒหกสทแตƒสธหข แต‡แต‰แต‰โฟ แต’โฟ แต—สฐแต‰ หขแตƒแตแต‰ แต–แตƒแตแต‰, สฒแต˜หขแต— แต’โฟ หขแต‰แต–แตƒสณแตƒแต—แต‰ หกโฑโฟแต‰หขโž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ‹†โ‹…โ˜†โ‹…โ‹† โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”‘ .แดฎแตƒหขแต‰แตˆ...