Slow and Speedy Win the Fight

By JJJ000YYY

Haresa Saenin is no stranger to villain antics. They've been doing hero work since the age of five after all... More

Foreword
1. The Starting Line
2. Slow Beginnings
3. The Last Encounter
5. Class Time
6. Home Time
7. Shoutout
8. Shouting
9. The Spotlight
10. The Searchlight
11. Twenty Minutes
12. Twenty People
13. An Attack
14. A Defense
15. Investigation
16. Instigation
17. Question
18. Answer
19. Get Together
20. Leave Separated
21. Cold
22. Hot
23. Power Centre
24. Food Centre
25. Meeting
26. Visit
27. Racket
28. Ball
29. Assignment
30. Asinine
31. Bubble Tea
32. In a Bubble
33. Old Flame
34. Old News
35. Messages
36. Letters
37. Shoe Store
38. Xu's Store
39. Store Visit
40. Home Visit
41. Hide
42. Seek
43. Present
44. Not So Present
45. Debut
46. Perform
47. Launch
48. Land
49. Run Away
50. Run Ahead
51. Owe
52. Settle
53. Limo
54. Limbo
55. Offer
56. Reject
57. Break In
58. Break Out
59. Morning
60. Evening
61. Perform
62. Act
63. Ignite
64. Extinguish
65. Responsible
66. Irresponsible
67. Different
68. Same
69. Chaperone
70. Independent
71. Teamwork
72. Revelations
73. Genesis
74. Escape
75. Forms
76. President
77. Papers
78. Homeschooled
79. Self-Taught
80. Creation
81. Pronouns
82. No Nouns
83. Costume
84. Mask
85. Passage
86. Blockade
87. Water
88. Fire
89. Origins
90. Throwback
91. Ballgame
92. Homerun
93. Silence
94. Loud
95. Dance On
96. Dance Off
97. Are You Feeling Better?
98. What's Okay?

4. The Last Straw

37 9 24
By JJJ000YYY

Sheldon

"What do you mean that I'm required to participate in extracurricular activities?"

I sat in the principal's office once again. Nobody was willing to take off my bracelet. In the middle of my scheming, Ms. Morgan had found me standing in the hallway and made me follow her to her office again.

Ms. Morgan took a seat at her desk and gathered up a stack of papers before straightening them out.

"We have a responsibility of taking care of superpowered minors and making sure that they are enriched with other activities. Now, I know you are already licenced and are considered a professional but according to the education act for super minors, educational institutions are responsible for making sure that they are to participate in everyday activities."

I held back a scowl. "That's a dumb law."

"This is to ensure that super-powered individuals do not feel like villainy or heroism is their only career path. There has been a lot of research put into it and we are trying to ensure the well-being of all of our students."

"You just want me to stay on the premises so that I don't have as many opportunities to use my powers."

"Unfortunately, that is how it is. Minors with powers have less control over their powers in general. Unless you suddenly get a hero licence and have access to a hero training centre, you're out of luck."

"You got to be kidding me."

"No, I am not kidding you," Ms. Morgan replied in an uninterested tone. "Anyways, what would you like to join? We have a great variety of clubs and sports teams."

"First you record my weaknesses–"

"We just asked if you have any allergies."

"–And now you're demanding to spend my precious time on useless activities?"

"It's either that or you can ask your parents to homeschool you."

I silently sat there as I cursed my creator to hell and back in my head. I'm not an ordinary student. Why do I have to pretend that I am?

Ms. Morgan slid a piece of paper towards me and I let out a sigh. I grabbed the paper off of the desk and began to read through the list.

"At the moment, some of our clubs are preparing for major events so you might feel overwhelmed."

"What has the least amount of effort?"

"I would suggest you ask fellow students or teachers overseeing the specific clubs to find out about it. I'm far too busy to know everything about each club."

My eyes glanced over the sheet before they stopped. "What the hell is GSA?"

"Language," Ms. Morgan gave me a glare and I averted my gaze. "It's the Genders and Sexualities Alliance. It's a great little support group for students that also do activism. Mr. Dunson also is a very nice teacher that helps students if they ever feel like they need to talk to a trusted adult."

It doesn't sound too bad. "I suppose I'll do that then."

"Fantastic. I'll make sure Haresa introduces you and help you get familiar with everything."

"Why them? Wouldn't it be better if a member of the GSA shows me around instead?"

"They are part of the GSA."

If I could scream, I would've. For now, I had to settle for screaming internally.

"I'll make sure to let them know that you're joining the GSA," Ms. Morgan wrote something down on the paper. "Since it's only the end of the semester we don't have extracurricular activities. They will resume next week."

"Can I... actually change my mind?"

"Of course. Is there anything else that piques your interest?"

I looked down and scrunched up my face. Sports were a waste of my energy. The rest were... cultural clubs. Why didn't they have anything cool like a 'receive a free diploma' club?

"Ugh. Okay. I'll stick with GSA." A groan escaped from me but I didn't care at this point. "Is there anything else you need from me?"

"I just wanted to ask how your dad is doing. I haven't met him yet."

"My creator is doing just fine."

"Is that what he makes you call him?"

My jaw locked. "No."

"I see." Ms. Morgan lifted her head and looked directly at me. "If you have any issues at home, don't feel discouraged from talking to me or any other staff. Even if you may be considered a villain, you are a student first and foremost."

Did she always get this sentimental? She barely knows who I am.

"Noted. Thanks."

"It's no problem, now get back to class. I expect to see you here tomorrow as well."

I got up from my seat and mumbled a goodbye before exiting the office. Who the hell set up these stupid rules? They don't make any sense.

I just had to survive for a year and a half. I've been through worse. I just had to put up with that goody-goody hero. This shouldn't be so hard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.5K 5.5K 18
(This is an edited and improved version of the story.) Asian. Insecure. Outcast. Loner. And gay. Combine all these ingredients and you'll get Kim Sun...
1.1K 126 24
This is a BxB book. Started- 17 Mar 2024, Sunday When two men who happens to be the two heartthrobes of the high school and who are totally opposite...
18.3K 855 9
Summary: Ming is starting to feel so messed up and disgusting, having feelings for not just his best friend, but his best friend's boyfriend - only a...
5.7K 164 18
"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, confused. Did I have something on my face or what? Weirdo. "You..." He trailed off, without finishing...