We're going to need more than...

By FuzzyFowl

For her, being cast as one of the leading ladies on the second season of "Why Women Kill" was her first big g... More

Do you need help with that?
Wanna come in?
Why don't you stay the night?
Can you do that?
And what do we do now?
Who is she?
And? Did you like it?
Can I do anything, baby?
Can I get you anything for dessert?
You remember Jordane?
Do I smell... fear?
How about some pancakes?
Why does everything always have to be so complicated?
Where do we go from here?
Are you the Uber driver?
I really can't leave you alone for five minutes...
Have you ever died before?
So this is goodbye?
Why don't you take him with you to Hawaii?
So that's how rich people travel, huh?
Is that gentleman harassing you?
Would you be open to try something new with me?
I love you
How much is she paying you?
Why don't you want to be together with me?
What the hell is going on in the backyard??
I do!
I love you too!
When shall we meet the family?
How did you conquer Lana Parrilla?
Have you been to Hollywood Boulevard recently?
Call me Candy, will you?
So your idea of a romantic getaway is Disneyland?
First time, watching your girlfriend's sex scene?
I hope you don't mind camping?
You knew which day it was today, didn't you?
I'm sorry... have we met before?
Do you know what you've done to me?
... And you must be our son's girlfriend?
Do you have children, Lana?
Why are you being so rude to me?
What breaks the camel's back?
Are you breaking up with me?
But how about his sweater?
Wanna go party tonight?
Mommy, what shall I do?
Did that hurt?
What does it say?
Are you going to tell him?
Why don't you come back home to Atlanta with us?
Do you still love him? Do you want him back?
Left or right?
Ma'am, can you breathe?
Will you give me a second chance?
You're... what?
We DID need more than five minutes...
Story continues here >>

Don't you have something to say to Lana?

144 6 77
By FuzzyFowl

[A/N: So, this kind of isn't a full chapter, but the chapter I actually wanted to write got longer and longer, and also I'm a bit busy right now, so I can't write a lot, so I decided to cut this chapter in two. That means that this one doesn't really have a proper ending, but the second part should follow, hopefully, soon 🤞]

----------------------------------

They finally bothered to put on some clothes before heading downstairs where she kept the picture from the ultrasound in her purse. Jordane sat down on the sofa with a beating heart and an uber excited grin as she took it out of her wallet and brought it over, sitting down next to him, but just to be half pulled onto his lap and into his arms right away. Eagerly he took the photo from her like a precious treasure and looked at it, admiring every pixel with gleaming eyes.

„You see?", she pointed at the little white dot, „There it is. That is..."

„... our baby", he whispered, still in disbelief.

„Yeah... or... what will soon turn into our baby. For now it's probably not much more than a cell cluster, but..."

„How was it?", he looked at her – still happy, but also a little bit sad now, „The ultrasound?"

„Oh, it was okay. It was just a very short one to confirm the pregnancy. The doctor said that the first proper ultrasound should happen next month. We'll also be able to hear the baby's heartbeat by then."

She could see in his eyes how relieved he was that apparently he hadn't missed any major milestone of this incredible journey. She placed a hand against his cheek and smiled. „Would you like to come with me to the next ultrasound?"

He nodded eagerly. „Of course! Whatever it takes, I'll be there!"

„I wouldn't have expected otherwise", she replied before giving him a gentle kiss, then she put the picture down on the table, took his hands and placed them back on her flat stomach together with hers before resting her head against his shoulder.

„It feels good, you know... to have your hands there. It feels warm and... fuzzy somehow. I mean, to think that like that your hands are barely inches away from your baby..."

He kissed her shoulder and had to close his eyes for a moment as he chuckled. „Stop, you're going to make me cry again... I won't ever take my hands too far away from the both of you ever again, you know, I hope that much is clear? I still can't really believe this, it's all too overwhelming..."

„And I almost can't believe that you're really that happy? Are you really okay with this?"

„Well, to be honest, baby, if I absolutely didn't want to risk you getting pregnant, I wouldn't have slept with you without using protection for months, would I? I always knew it could happen, even if the chances were small. And yes... maybe I shouldn't be so easy on you after everything that happened, maybe I should be more upset, still, maybe I don't have any more reason to start trusting you again right away. But I can't help it. I'm just too happy!", he smiled, then took a sigh, „I mean, in the end I wouldn't know either way whether you just want to get back with me because we're having a baby or..."

„I don't, Jordane!", she interrupted him, „That's exactly why I didn't tell you before. I wanted to make sure that you choose me, for me, you know? If you had wanted to leave, yesterday, if you needed more time or even if it had been a clear No on your side, I would have told you then because either way you're the father and you deserve to know. But I didn't want that to be the foundation of our relationship because that wouldn't work. I love you, I want to be with you! And unless you love me and want to be with me too, we wouldn't have a future. But yes...", she locked her fingers with his, looking down at their hands still resting on her belly, which was a weird feeling since she was usually quite self-conscious of being touched there, like most women were, „I understand what you mean. And you'd have every right to still be upset or not trust me, but all I can tell you is that this baby is precisely what I meant when I said I'm sure I won't want to break up with you again in a couple of months. Because the fact that I'm too old to give you a family... well", she allowed herself a little smile, „that argument doesn't count anymore now, does it? That is, of course, unless I..."

„Of course, I get what you mean", he interrupted her by placing a hand on her cheek and thus forcing her to look him in the eyes again, „And I believe you. I trust you. Maybe I shouldn't... but I still do."

„You can, I promise!", she nodded, swallowing down her tears, she wasn't even able to comprehend or properly put into words how thankful and relieved she was, „I will never, ever let you down or hurt you again, Jordane! I need you... we need you!"

He pulled her closer to kiss her, deeply, putting all his feelings for her into this kiss. His hand was just about to find its way under her shirt again while he was still caressing her lips with his when the ringing of her phone pulled them back into the here and now.

Lana let go of her lover with a displeased grunt, but had to smile when she saw who was calling her. She stretched to reach her phone that was lying on the table and took the call.

„Hey, sis!... Yeah... Oh my God, you're right!!... No!... No, I have not forgotten about my two other children... That's great, thank you so much!... Yep, I'll be home all day, I don't have anything. I mean, I need to FINALLY start properly learning my lines cause I'll start filming next week, so no, I absolutely can't do anything else today...", Jordane could see her grinning broader and broader as she was listening to the person on the other end of the line, „Yes... Yes, maybe there will also be a dose of that, sprinkled in between, here and there... Yes, he's here... Yes, we're good...", she smiled at him and lovingly stroked his head, „Oh yeah!... I did tell him, yes, we've just been looking at the ultrasound picture... He's over the moon... No, I'm serious, he's so excited, he's really, really happy."

Jordane nodded eagerly next to her and whispered: „I am!"

„Exactly... Yes, he did already talk to my belly... Yes, we did have make up sex as a matter of fact, thank you for asking... Yes, he was worried that he hurt the baby", she had to laugh by now, „He absolutely is going to be that kind of dad, I'm sure. He's going to be a wonderful father... No, so far he has not patronized me and tried to tell me what I can and cannot do or eat, unlike a certain someone, I hope he knows better than to even try", she side-eyed him, „Alright then, gotta go... NO NOT LIKE THAT!!... Alright, I see you then... Take care and... thank you for everything, my dear... Bye!"

She hung up. „Well, that was Bex..."

„... Why did I know that?"

„She's bringing back the dogs later today. Oh my God, Levi will be SO excited to see you!!"

„I can imagine", he laughed, „I'm excited to see him too! So, Bex knows?"

„She does. She was actually the first one to even think of it. She gave me the pregnancy test when I was over at her place for my birthday."

He nodded, gently squeezing her. „I'm so sorry I wasn't with you on your birthday."

„Oh, don't be! How could you have been? We broke up. I actually", she sighed, „I'm still kinda curious what kind of place it was that you had chosen for my birthday."

„Well, I can show you, I was actually there."

„Oh, you were?"

He shrugged. „Couldn't cancel it anymore, so might as well..."

„That's fair."

„But... you wouldn't want to see it."

„Was it nice?"

„Nah... you didn't miss much."

„Awww, aren't you a sweetheart?", she gave him a peck on the lips.

„Plus, like that I can take you there again one day and it will still be a surprise!", he got up and walked towards the kitchen. „Coffee?"

„Yes, please! Guess one cup won't hurt."

She heard him putter about in the kitchen until he yelled: „Babe?"

„Yeah?"

„Where's my mug?"

She got a hot and cold flash remembering how she had thrown his favorite mug against the wall and bit her bottom lip. „Uhm... I think it's in the dishwasher!"

„No, it's not, I just checked."

„Well then... I'll look for it later, okay? Just take another one for now."

A few minutes later he came back with two mugs of steaming hot coffee.

As they were sipping carefully, he checked his phone as well and almost had a heart attack seeing the twelve missed calls and just about as many messages from his family, and he instantly remembered yesterday.

„Oh geez..."

„What is it?"

„My parents... they're worried about you and are asking how you're doing."

„You want to call them?"

„Maybe I should. Would that be alright?"

„Of course!", she replied, then added, „Actually... I think your mother already knows I'm pregnant."

„Really? Well, that could be! My mom's like a truffle pig for pregnant women. She has diagnosed pregnancies before the respective mothers even had a clue."

Lana chuckled. „Is that so? Well, she didn't do too good a job with me then. Given that I was actually already pregnant when we were in Atlanta..."

„Oh my God, that's true!! And I let you sleep on the air mattress on the floor?!... And my mother gave you such a hard time about your age and being too old to have children?", he sighed, „I'm so sorry, babe, for everything!"

„I know. It's in the past. Go ahead, call them!"

He called them via FaceTime and smiled when he saw both his parents appear on the screen.

„Hey mom, hey dad!"

„Hey you! Finally, thank God you're alright!"

„How was the trip?"

„It was okay, no further interruptions. How are you? Where are you?"

„I, uhm, I am at Lana's, actually."

At least his parents didn't seem surprised.

„How is she doing?", asked his mother, „Was she alright after we left you yesterday?"

„She was, yeah, she didn't have any more asthma attacks or dizziness."

He briefly thought about last night and almost blushed thinking she still got quite breathless in the end...

„Thanks for helping her! If you hadn't stepped in..."

„Oh, dear, don't you worry, that's what we're there for! So she is alright now?"

„She is, yeah", he looked over at her and smiled.

„And you two, you... you are..."

He nodded. „We are, yes."

„If it makes you happy, son. That's all that matters."

He smiled, but he could see that his parents were still waiting for something else.

„Uhm", he cleared his throat and shot a quick look at Lana who just nodded. They were his parents, so he could tell them whenever he saw fit. „Actually... She collapsed yesterday because she... well... we", he could see his mom smile broader and broader, „we're expecting a baby. Lana's pregnant."

„Oooooh my God, Jordane, that's wonderful news!!", his parents yelled in excitement, „Congratulations to both of you!"

He blushed and bashfully scratched his neck, trying to act casual but not quite managing to hide how happy and proud he was. „Thank you! It's... it's a surprise, but... it is wonderful news indeed. You knew it, didn't you? Mom?"

She nodded. „I noticed it yesterday when I saw her. Well, let's say I had a feeling. Where is she?"

„She, uhm, she's here! Do you want to say Hi? Babe? You want to say Hi to my parents?"

Lana felt a little uneasy, but she had a feeling they were in a good mood. And they wouldn't be mean to the mother of their grandchild now, would they?"

She came over, sitting down next to Jordane, and waved into the camera. „Hi there!"

„Hello Lana! Congratulations! We just heard the great news!"

„Yeah", she chuckled, „thank you so much! We're very happy and excited. It's... truly a blessing."

„Oh, it is! How are you feeling, dear?"

„I feel much better now, thanks for asking. The usual symptoms, but... manageable."

„Those will pass in a few weeks, don't you worry! And if there's anything, if you need anything or have any questions, we're always here for you, okay?"

„That's great to know, thank you!

„You really scared us yesterday!"

„I know! I'm sorry..."

„Na-uh! Donovan should be sorry! We'll talk to him, you can expect a proper apology from our son."

„Oh", she waved it off, „that's real nice of you, but it's okay. He wanted to protect his brother, and from what I have to assume him to know about the story, it's more than understandable that he didn't like me very much at the time. Plus, he already apologized, so it's okay. Water under the bridge."

„That's true, but..."

„Jacqueline?", Jordane's father said to his wife, „I believe you also have something to say to Lana?"

She sighed, then nodded, still smiling. „I do... I also want to apologize to you, sweetheart! I haven't been nice to you or welcoming, at all, and you did nothing to deserve that! Our son loves you, and that makes you part of the family, and we need to make an effort to get to know you, not judge you, and even less insult or attack you. You seem like such a sweet, kind, caring person, and you make him really happy. We're so thankful to you for that! And I hope we can, maybe, put all this behind us and start again?"

She almost gasped for air and immediately felt the tears shooting into her eyes. Bloody hormones... She nodded and wanted to respond, but instead had to cover her face when she started to sob. She was surprised herself how much those words meant to her, and how much she had wished to get to build a good relationship with his parents, especially his mother.

„Come here, baby", Jordane whispered, pulled her into his arms, held her and gently rocked her back and forth, letting her cry agains his chest.

Then, finally, she got a grip of herself again, wiped away her tears with her arm and smiled into the camera, her eyes all red and puffy now. „That would be great", she sniffled, „I'd like that very much, yes."

„I'm so, so sorry, dear!", Jacqueline repeated, visibly moved by seeing her daughter in law's reaction, „Maybe both of you come back to Atlanta soon? You'll have a real bed this time, we promise!"

„I think we're both going to be quite busy working over next weeks, but, I also hope to see you again soon!"

„Alright then, you take care! And congrats again, we're so happy for you."

„Thanks, mom", said Jordane, "We're really happy too."

He gave Lana a kiss on the cheek, then looked at her like the proudest dad. This amazing woman was carrying his child! Their child...

Then, they said their goodbyes and hung up. Before he could properly put down his phone, she had wrapped her arms around him and kissed him eagerly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.1K 1.3K 67
♡ "You know, since I was a young girl I have felt this push from the universe. I've always followed whenever I feel her current- it's how I eventuall...
39.1K 1.1K 47
"I told you to stay away from her" Regina said in a low and angry voice while she was healing the wounds on Taylor's face with her magic, as her hand...
83.3K 1.8K 30
[This is a Once Upon a Time/The Vampire Diaries crossover *sort of* and an Alternative Universe. It's primarily OUAT, it helps if you've watched TVD...
867 195 40
Hey there folks, I'm Cody Phillips, welcome to New Orleans. N'awlins is known for many wonderful things, our coffee, music and the ability to throw a...