acotar one shots + imagines

By MadlyMythical

stories about your favorite bat boys and more! Characters: Cas Nesta Rhys Feyre Nyx Az Elaine and Gwyn fro... More

(Rhys) How/ where you met
(cassian) How/ where you met
(Azriel) How/ where you met
Meeting Morrigan
What they call you
What you call them
mating bonds!
meeting the other highlords
The youngest Archeron (imagine)
bat boys x sick child reader
What's a soulmate? Azriel × child reader
The masked pianist (the youngest Archeron pt.2)
If you were their child
starfall outfits!
You get hurt
Bullies
Questions I'll ask if you request
Nightmares: Azriel x reader
Lucien
inevitable introductions
Az x reader
the fourth Archeron sister's mate
Injured (Cassian x reader)
heartbreak Cassian x daughter reader
The sun and the stars collide part 1
The sun and stars collide pt 2
Az x reader pt.2
Golden eyes
Hold on for me (Azriel x reader)
Hold on for me pt. 2 teenage years
unrequited or returned affections?
Modern AU Cassian x reader
Promises and bonds
Just a quick note
Older Nyx
Older Nyx: Starfall
Nesta x female reader part 2
Asking for feedback
Poisoned: Cassian x reader
Moving on Azriel x daughter reader
Just checking in
Matched with the high lord of Day part 1
Editing

Nesta x female reader part 1

1.6K 29 2
By MadlyMythical

This was requested by Athenodora_Sulpicia I hope you enjoy! (Also side note, I need to update some stuff to include Nesta since Acosf came out so look out for that).

Rhysand and Feyre came to you in the early morning of a seemingly normal winter's day. They needed your assistance with some sort of court business, so they brought you to their mansion.

That was where you met Feyre's sisters.

Elaine was nice enough, but she seemed a bit odd to you. The one you were drawn to was Nesta. Her sharp, cold features and guarded attitude made your heart flutter and you had no idea why.

You were always attracted to women, but you didn't understand why you desperately wanted to know this woman, it was obvious that she had no interest in you. You obviously couldn't call it love, love at first sight was a ridiculous notion for children. Was it lust? Infatuation? You'd have to investigate this further in the future.

Throughout the meeting you stole glances at her while also trying to pay attention to what was needed. You had your attention on what Rhys was saying when Nesta finally spoke.

"Why do we need her here again? Isn't she just your friend?"

"She's also spied for me on several occasions."

"Oh, so she's a glorified Azriel? Like we need more of those."

"Nesta, don't be rude. We need her help." Feyre sighed. "Beron's recent dealings worry us that there will be another war. And they know Azriel so we can't use him."

Nesta narrowed her eyes at you, but didn't object further.

They went over the detailed plan with you. The Lady of the Autumn court was searching for a new attendant and they had already sent in your application. That was no doubt the easiest way to infiltrate their personal properties, but they also had a backup plan in case you weren't chosen for the job.

"Although Beron rarely ever allows his wife within the meetings, the inner tunnels should be easy to get into in order to accommodate for that. Just make sure you aren't late on doing your duties so no one gets suspicious." Feyre explained. "We understand it's a big ask, but your past successes were for similar work."

"It shouldn't be outside of my repertoire. How long will this operation last?"

"A few months. We'll pull you just before the annual meeting between the high families." Rhys chimed in.

"That sounds reasonable to me." You assured them. "I'm just hoping that plan A stays on track."

"Don't we all?" Nesta mumbled. "We don't need another failure."

You just smiled at her despite how much her comment stabbed at your confidence. You refused to let her see how much you didn't want to fail, and you hoped that one day soon she wouldn't be so prickly. You would really like to get to know the eldest Archeron sister.

—————————-
Two weeks later:
The Autumn court was bustling with activity when Morrigan winnowed you there. It reminded you of Velaris during Solstice.

You wore Autumn court garb in order to blend in with the crowds as you made your way to the high family's main home. Or palace was more like it. According to the hiring person, not many people applied because of Beron and Eris' reputations, so it wasn't a difficult decision.

I suppose having to cover Lady Autumn's bruises from Beron's abuse could take a toll on anyone. Especially when no one was allowed to do a thing about it without being beaten or killed for defiance.

The high lord just loved punishing people who crossed him.

The hiring person gave you your uniform and ID tag, which you would have to check for listening spells later. They then took you to Lady Autumn's chambers, she was sat at her vanity, with a hollow stare. She only gave you a brief glance in acknowledgment. "My husband left a mess, tidy it up before he comes back."

Her voice was so soft you were certain that if anyone else was speaking, you wouldn't hear her. The hiring person left and you got to work without a word.

When you returned, she asked you if you could do hair, you did, so she asked that you style it for her and seemed okay with the results. Honestly you had no clue what she thought because she seemed so disassociated from what was going on. That's why you were so surprised when she addressed you. "You haven't told me your name."

"I assumed you wouldn't want to know it, My Lady. You seem to go through many attendants."

"You're smart. My husband doesn't like smart people. Be careful of how you speak when he's around."

"Certainly, My Lady."

She grabbed your ID tag. "Y/N. That's nice."

You finished her hair and then went to get her lunch from the kitchens and laundry from the maids. Something about the way she spoke to you haunted your mind.

You were terrified for and of her. You wondered if you had to watch out for her more than Beron.

She was definitely more aware than she looked.

————————————-

It took you a few days to settle into the routine and ensure that Lady Autumn, at least that's what you had taken to calling her, didn't think much of you.

When she had retired for the night, you used the tunnel entrance outside of the private gardens to get within the bowels of the castle. Finding Beron's private office wasn't difficult. The inner workings of the estate carried voices and General noises very well. So, you could hear him and his guest, but they could also catch you if you weren't careful.

When you came upon the intended area, you watched through metal bars cut out of the stone walls as Beron and Tamlin spoke to one another.

Of course it was Tamlin.

"Do you intend to take Hybern?" Tamlin inquired. "Two courts against five, that doesn't look good for your plans, Beron."

"I intend to install a high king that would have our best interests in mind." The high lord of Autumn replied, calmly. "I intend to strengthen my court. You must examine the state of your ventures before judging, because it seems like we're sitting in similar situations."

You had never heard Beron speak with such quiet convictions, you'd only ever heard him arguing and screaming with rage, or taunting the inner circle to start a fight.

You listened to the remainder of that conversation and watched as Tamlin left before immediately reporting your findings and speaking with Azriel directly. To your surprise, Nesta accompanied him, although she didn't engage in the conversation, only watched you.

"I really don't think the other courts will join their endeavors since the war at Hybern, but unless there is intervention they could take the land fairly easily." Azriel sighed. "Keep an ear on the gossip and stay close to your work. There may be something important coming that you need to know about."

You nodded and made to leave, but he seized your wrist. "You're doing good work here Y/N. Remember that."

You plastered on your best smile, but you were certain that Nesta could see right through it. "Don't worry my friend, just watch out for things on your end."

"Y/N. Be careful. I don't want you to end up like Mor."

"I will be. Have a good night."

You glanced back at Nesta for a moment and she met your watchful gaze. "We all have a part to play."

He offered you a stiff nod and you went back to work.

Luckily no one paid you any mind as you returned, you wondered how long that would last.

————————-

Lady Autumn didn't ask much of you and as long as you did the tasks as she instructed, she didn't complain. You never met Eris or Beron which you considered a blessing, and Nesta appeared at each one of your reports, which you enjoyed, but you found it a bit strange because she never spoke to you beyond a few snide comments and strange looks.

With the extraction date nearing and no word on any other ventures from Beron, Eris, or Tamlin despite going in the tunnels nightly, you were beginning to doubt their claims of taking Hybern.

That was at least until this morning when you went to look after Lady Autumn and Eris answered the door. You made yourself small and did not meet his eyes. "Mother, this servant seems new."

"The other one quit."

"They always quit."

"Let her through. I need her to do my hair." She replied flatly.

He watched you like a lion prowling for prey, but stepped aside. You went over to attend to Lady Autumn as he stepped back inside the room and closed the door. "Where was I? Oh yes, I saw Lucien with the inner circle the other day, we spoke about the high lord's meeting. Do you think there will be a fight this time?"

"With Tamlin, I would think so. The night court and Spring can never bite their tongues."

"Father thinks we have spies."

Lady Autumn shot a blank glance at you in the mirror's reflection. "Even if we do, they'll be replaced by someone else. There's no use in hunting them."

She handed him a letter. "From Lord Rhysand. Give it to your father."

"Oh great. We'll see more of them than we have to. How vile."

She said nothing as he finally left. And then she watched you. "Be careful girl, spies die here." She whispered. "Don't be stupid."

"I'm not the only one."

"Maybe not, but don't get full of yourself. Your death will be quick. And I will not protect you."

"I don't expect you to."

"Good. Now go get my things like you usually do."

"As you wish, my lady."

A/N: hello darlings! I'm gonna split this up into a second part so I can flesh it out the way I want to. It should be up shortly after this one. I hope you enjoyed :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.6K 321 64
A collection of shorter headcanons from me. Will add more as time goes on. Spoilers for all books including Silver Flames. Hope you like them! Commen...
27.4K 810 20
Two hundred years ago Rhysand lost his mother and sister in a grueling murder. But what if that sister had survived? What if the head in that box was...
3.6K 196 13
Ivy hasn't had much to do with her life except to keep her family alive. She hunts daily, sparing no effort to get food to feed her hungry family. Bu...
14K 488 40
| BOOK TWO - A COURT OF ASH AND SMOKE | Lovers separated, powers that won't be controlled, a doomed wedding. With the threat of war looming over Pryt...