How hard could it be? • LM...

By allisonslover1

• BOOK ONE • "That makes me her best friend, not a fucking mind reader!" When a witch with terrible fashion s... More

Act I
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Act II
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Act III
Helpline numbers
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Announcement!
Act IV
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
SEQUEL

Chapter 43

818 36 13
By allisonslover1

                  "Go grease lightning,
                   go grease lightning."

"Do you mind me asking where you got this?" Ms Morell questioned. Allison and Jade were standing beside a window in her office. They had came to her asking could she translate some Latin.

"Um... a family heirloom," Allison vaguely replied.

"Interesting family," Ms Morell laughed.

"You don't know the half of it," Jade muttered under her breath. Allison elbowed her lightly in the ribs, but still had to bite back a smile.

"This is a little out of my reach," Ms Morell admitted. She wasn't some human translator. Sure, she dabbled in languages but she wasn't the most accurate source.

"Can you just try?" Allison pleaded. They were desperate. How else were they meant to find someone to translate paragraphs of writing?

The guidance teacher nodded. "Like the wolf, it's power is greatest at the moon's peak. Huh. Sounds like a werewolf," she chuckled. The girls forced out laughs. "I'll try but there is some words I don't understand. Okay. I think it says, Like the wolf, the kanima is a social creature, but where a wolf seeks a pack, the kanima seeks a friend," she finished, smiling softly.

"Is it lonely?" Jade asked.

"Like a teenager," Allison nodded.

                                          ~

"If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?" Lydia asked, walking up the steps.

"Just a reminder that we also live here," Max commented, pointing between him and his sister. "He'll meet us here. I hope."

"Thanks for doing this," Allison said to Jackson.

"I needed to talk to her anyway," he arrogantly replied. Jade flicked her hand, sending a wave of pain through him. There she was thinking he was doing this to be nice. "Can you stop doing that!"

Stiles locked the door- three times to be exact. Lydia raised her brows while he struggled to come up with an excuse. "Uh- there's been a few break-ins around the neighbourhood."

There was an awkward tension, no one really knowing what to do or say next. Stiles grabbed a chair before shoving it under the door handle to make sure people- or werewolves to be exact- couldn't get in. That would totally save them.

Lydia waved her hand lazily at the door, waiting for another explanation. "And a murder. It was bad."

"Lydia, follow me. I need to talk to you for a minute," Jackson sighed. Maybe the others would finally be able to think of a plan to stop them all getting murdered.

"Seriously? What is going on with everyone?" Lydia rolled her eyes as she followed him down the hallway.

"And a murder? Seriously?" Max mocked. The two bickered back and forth before Jade headed into the living room. She peeked through the net curtain to see Derek and his pack standing outside. She made an obscene gesture to them when Derek had the nerve to wave at her. Thank the heavens Melissa wasn't there or she'd be in for a scolding.

"Yup, we know. Scott's on his way," Stiles commented when she came back into the hall. She sat on the stairs as the other three peeked out the glass beside the door.

They were like sitting ducks, just waiting for something to happen.

"You know they can see you right?" she asked, a brow raised. They wouldn't be very good private investigators when it came to this part of the job. "Do you not think they're a bit like Danny's group in Grease?"

The others turned to look at her with confused faces. "No, but hear me out on this! They all wear leather jackets! Let's hope it is like something in Grease. Imagine if we were fighting and they just burst into a song," she snickered.

They all returned to glancing out the window as Jade quietly sung Grease Lightning under her breath. Come to think of it, if her life was a movie it would probably be something like Scream. Well, not really but they were always nearly being killed so it was close enough.

"I have an idea. Just shoot one of them!" Stiles exclaimed, looking to the huntress. They all started to mutter protests but he continued explaining. "We told Scott we could protect ourselves, so let's do it. Or at least give it a shot, right?"

"Well, it's more an arrow," Max commented. Technically, he was right. The group glared at him in annoyance. They obviously didn't appreciate his and his sister's attempt of comedy in the worst times. "I'm going upstairs to get my daggers, one sec."

"They don't expect us to fight so I guarantee if one of them gets hit, they'll take off. I mean, really, what chance do they have? A huntress, a werewolf when Scott gets here, a seer, a witch who could probably take them all down and... me, but the point still stands."

"Which one?" Allison asked. She could do this. How hard was it really?

"Derek. Shoot him," Stiles said confidently.

"Preferably in the head," Jade added.

"Scott was able to catch an arrow, so Derek definitely can."

"Oh. Just shoot one of the other three then."

"You mean two."

"No, he means three," Jade said, getting off the step. The chance of this working out in their favour was getting slimmer by the second. 

"Where the hell is Isaac?"

Allison's breathing got heavier as she started to panic more. She pointed her crossbow out the window, but was thrown to the side before she could do anything. She collided with a picture frame, the glass splintering in different directions.

"That was my favourite photo you asshole!" Jade hissed. It was a framed picture of her, Scott, Stiles, Max, Melissa, Liz, Sean and Noah when the kids around five. They had visited Spain with all their parents for a few days. Max and Stiles were sitting on two sun beds, reading comics with their faces covered in ice cream. Noah was sitting with them, talking about which comic they would get next. Liz and Melissa were both in swimming costumes, sun bathing and laughing at the kids. Jade was holding a doughnut floatee, smiling wildly at the camera as Scott pushed Sean into the water. Claudia was laughing behind the camera, trying to get a photo of absolute chaos.

Jade and Stiles got thrown down the corridor- thanks to Isaac. They tried to scramble to their feet as Isaac advanced towards them, but they were using each other to get up.

"Stiles it's here!" Allison shouted from the other end of the house.

Max threw himself from the staircase, jumping onto Isaac's back. Jade and Stiles quickly got up in order to get out the way of yet another fight. He hit Isaac in the head with the side of his hand. When that didn't work, he took a handgun out of his belt before hitting Isaac on the side of the head with it. The boy crumpled to his feet as Stiles helped his friend up. "Oh my God, did I kill him?"

Jade leant down, feeling for a pulse. "You just knocked him out," she sighed in relief.

Scott came in from the back door, eyes wide at the scene in front of him. Jade was kneeling on the floor next to someone who he hoped wasn't dead, his best friend was rubbing his head in pain while his other cousin held a gun in his hand. He really didn't want to know. Those questions could be asked later. "Grab him," he ordered.

Stiles pulled the front door open quickly. Jade fired Isaac onto the grass as Scott threw Erica beside her fellow beta. Erica was still awake; her eyes were darting around in fear. Allison came down the stairs, a smug smile on her face.

"Kanima venom?" Jade asked.

"Kanima venom," she laughed, giving her friend a high five.

"I think I'm finally getting why you keep refusing me Scott," Derek sighed. It all made sense now. "You're not an Omega. You're already an Alpha of your own pack. But you know you can't beat me."

"I can hold you off until the cops get here," Scott said. The look on Derek's face slowly faded away. The sound of police sirens could be heard from not too far away. Max could feel his heart start to beat faster at the sirens, but not twice as hard then when a hissing was heard from the roof.

The group ran to stand away from the noise. The kanima was sat on the roof before it disappeared into the night. "Get them out of here," Derek commanded to Boyd.

Footsteps came from inside the McCall house as Lydia emerged. The group looked at each other in confusion. "Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?!" she yelled.

"It's Jackson," Scott whispered.

~

Allison sighed as she pulled up outside of Lydia's house. Jade sat forward in the backseat, waiting for someone to say something. Anything. The car ride had been quiet the whole way over.

"I need you to promise you won't say anything about what just happened," Allison said as she turned to face the strawberry blonde.

"I promise not to say anything about what just happened if someone can tell me what the hell just happened!" Lydia exclaimed.

"It's kind of complicated-" Jade began.

Lydia turned around so she could see her. "How about you start with why Derek was there? Or where Jackson went or what's wrong with Erica?" she said. When no one responded, she started to get even more irritated. Why did no one ever tell her anything? Why all the secrets? "Do you two need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?"

The answer to that was yes, but it probably wouldn't help the situation if they actually said that.

"Part of the reason why I'm asking is because Scott and I aren't meant to be seeing each other, okay? So it's better if you just keep what you know to yourself," Allison spat. It came out a lot meaner than what she had actually intended for it too.

"Fine. I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend, which is nothing, to myself."

She stopped her move to get out the car when Jade grabbed her shoulder. "Please wait."

"He's not just my boyfriend, you get that right? Just a for one second please try and remember-" Allison pleaded.

"Remember what!"

"Remember what it feels like!" Lydia's face dropped. "All of those times when you see him in school and you can't breathe until you're with him. Or, in class when you can't stop looking at the clock because you know he's outside waiting for you. Don't you remember what that's like?"

Lydia didn't answer for a while. She could lie and say yes, she remembered that feeling all too well. But what if she didn't want to lie anymore? "No."

"What do you mean "no" you've had boyfriends," Jade said softly.

"None like that," Lydia whispered, her voice cracking slightly. She left the car without another word, leaving the girls engulfed in silence.

~

Jade entered the gay bar that her friends were at. She finally saw them sitting at the bar but saw someone else; Danny Māhealani was sitting at the bar on his own. Taking the seat next to him, she rested her head on his shoulder. Recently over the last couple of weeks, the two had grown closer. He loved theatre too, which had made them even better friends due to auditions for the school musical. "Why the long face?" she asked.

When she followed his glance over his shoulder, she saw his ex dancing with someone. "You're better off without him."

"It still doesn't feel good, you know," he sighed.

"Actually I don't know because the only relationship I've been in was one when I was fourteen and it turned out to be a joke," she laughed. "But you wanna know what will feel good? That guy," she said, pointing to a dancer who was staring longingly at him.

After her work as a wing woman was done, she joined the rest of the idiots she called her friends. "Don't even say anything," Stiles hissed as he sipped his drink.

"What's up losers?" she said as she sat down. "Pink gin and lemonade please," she placed some money on the counter.

"Scott and I had our drinks paid for but Stiles didn't," Max laughed.

"Don't worry Stiles, Max'll pay for it," Jade joked. "Thanks," she said as she sipped her drink.

"How come you didn't get ID'd!" Stiles hissed.

"Because I'm awesome. I also have a fake ID so it wouldn't really matter," she whispered. "If any of you tell Mel that I'll skin you alive."

"Other problems. I found Jackson," Max interrupted, nervously pointing to the roof.

A/N

Max just really comes in and saves the day half the time huh 😭

I know I posted yesterday but I'm very impatient and couldn't wait to post this so yeah 👍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 845 52
A teen wolf fanfic where Stiles has a twin sister who was born very different from Stiles. She was born with a red diamond mark on her forehead and i...
52.5K 1.3K 28
"ɪ ᴅᴏɴᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ, ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴛɪʟᴇꜱ!" in which stiles stilinski gets possessed by an evil spirit, spreading chaos throughout beacon hi...
64.1K 1.3K 59
All Haley wanted was a normal life but being the daughter of two very powerful alphas and her boyfriend being a werewolf hunter complicated things. A...
345K 12.2K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...