𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅𝐈𝐒𝐇 | 𝐀. 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃...

By peachyhxlland

┍━━━━━━┑ ⠀⠀𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 ┕━━━━━━┙ ❝ 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮�... More

𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗙𝗜𝗦𝗛
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦
➛⠀𝟬𝟮 | 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗜𝗘𝗟𝗔
➛⠀𝟬𝟯 | 𝗔 𝗪𝗜𝗖𝗖𝗔𝗡 𝗙𝗨𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗟
➛⠀𝟬𝟰 | 𝗔 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘
➛⠀𝟬𝟱 | 𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗫'𝗦 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗝𝗢𝗕
➛⠀𝟬𝟲 | 𝗙𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗔
➛⠀𝟬𝟳 | 𝗦𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗠𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗬
➛⠀𝟬𝟴 | 𝗦𝗘𝗘𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗡 𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗
➛⠀𝟬𝟵 | 𝗖𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗟
➛⠀𝟭𝟬 | 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 𝗣𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗘
➛⠀𝟭𝟭 | 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗨𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗫
➛⠀𝟭𝟮 | 𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗫'𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗭𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
➛⠀𝟭𝟯 | 𝗧𝗢𝗣𝗛𝗘𝗥
➛⠀𝟭𝟰 | 𝗧𝗢𝗣𝗛𝗘𝗥'𝗦 𝗕𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗜𝗡
➛⠀𝟭𝟱 | 𝗕𝗘𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥
➛⠀𝟭𝟲 | 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗔𝗧 𝗔𝗧𝗟𝗔𝗦 𝗔𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗬
➛⠀𝟭𝟳 | 𝗧𝗢𝗣𝗛𝗘𝗥'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡
➛⠀𝟭𝟴 | 𝗖𝗨𝗧𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗕𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗬
➛⠀𝟭𝟵 | 𝗖𝗔𝗥 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗦𝗘
➛⠀𝟮𝟬 | 𝗥𝗨𝗡𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗩𝗦 𝗧𝗢𝗣𝗛𝗘𝗥
➛⠀𝟮𝟭 | 𝗛𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗙𝗨𝗟 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗦
➛⠀𝟮𝟮 | 𝗔𝗗𝗔𝗠'𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗣
➛⠀𝟮𝟯 | 𝗟𝗘𝗙𝗧 𝗢𝗨𝗧
➛⠀𝟮𝟰 | 𝗝𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗛'𝗦 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡
➛⠀𝟮𝟱 | 𝗔 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡
➛⠀𝟮𝟲 | 𝗝𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗛'𝗦 𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗣
➛⠀𝟮𝟳 | 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗝𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗛
➛⠀𝟮𝟴 | 𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗗𝗘𝗥
➛⠀𝟮𝟵 | 𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗢𝗙𝗙
➛⠀𝟯𝟬 | 𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗩𝗜𝗘
➛⠀𝟯𝟭 | 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗨𝗦' 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗥
➛⠀𝟯𝟮 | 𝗦𝗟𝗘𝗘𝗣 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥
➛⠀𝟯𝟯 | 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗗
➛⠀𝟯𝟰 | 𝗜𝗥𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗟
➛⠀𝟯𝟱 | 𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗬𝗔𝗟
➛⠀𝟯𝟲 | 𝗔𝗥𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗔 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗔𝗪𝗢𝗟
➛⠀𝟯𝟳 | 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗣𝗛𝗘𝗖𝗬
➛⠀𝟯𝟴 | 𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗙𝗙𝗘𝗥𝗦
➛⠀𝟯𝟵 | 𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗪𝗔𝗟𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚
Quick Note!

➛⠀𝟬𝟭 | 𝗥𝗨𝗡𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦

520 24 19
By peachyhxlland

"I have been gone for an hour and our stuff is missing?" You scolded as you looked at your friends in disbelief. You found out that Alex lost his money and Chase's Fistigons were stolen by a young man on a bike.

Because you had more experience living on the streets, you walked throughout the city looking for anything salvageable and food for the group. You've been homeless and without a family, since you were born, so you've been surviving on the streets of Sokovia, trying to avoid being killed by hunger or terrible people. For a few years, it was difficult, but as you grew older, you managed on the streets.

And now you were doing the same things as before, with the exception that you had your friends who had been raised in a wealthy family and had never lived on the streets. Not to mention the fact that Old Lace, Gert's dinosaur, was accompanying you all.

"Yeah, we suck at being runaways," Nico mumbled, scratching the back of her head.

"Chase was the lookout." Alex blamed as he glared at the brown-haired young man. "But he dozed off and suddenly the Fistigons have been stolen."

"Hey, you lost the money." Chase pointed his finger at Alex. "You should've been more careful too and now look at us."

You crossed your arms. "It's a miracle that all of you managed to survive in the streets for almost 48 hours." You stated. "But if you keep blaming one another, I'll have to shove your heads together to work a brain cell, alright?"

Alex kept his mouth shut right away, while Chase arched his brows at you. "Alright, boss. Since when were you so bossy? I remember you being shy and quiet all the time."

"Times changed, everyone. Out of all of us, I happened to live in the streets for years meaning I have the knowledge and strategy." You stated as you nodded your head forward, telling them to keep walking. "Move along, I saw people gathering around for free food when I passed by."

"Looks like we got a new leader now," Molly smirked as she gazed at Alex, despite the fact that she was still holding Old Lace, who was hidden in a shopping cart and a blanket.

You chuckled as you gave Molly a few bags of snacks and walked beside Alex. "Don't worry, Wilder. I'm not taking the leadership away from you."

Alex shrugged. "No, it's alright. I actually would want a co-leader in this group."

You glanced at Nico who was walking next to Karolina. "Nico could be a good leader. When you were kidnapped, Nico led everyone to come and find you. She should be your co-lea-"

"I meant you," Alex whispered, making sure you were the only one who heard what he said. "You're a good leader, (Y/n). I'm surprised you just showed this bossy and confident attitude now. I want to see more of that."

You warmly smiled at him. "I'll try."

"So what was it like living in the streets?" Karolina asked out of curiosity, catching your attention. "For a young age, I know it must be hard."

You nodded. "It was. Especially when you were in a war zone of a country." You led the way as the others followed you. Gert went off to hide her dinosaur for a while. You took them to a soup kitchen to obtain a free meal, and when they saw food, they almost drooled. "I already checked that there are no cameras or cops, so we're good." You reassured the group.

"Just lots and lots of food," Molly mentioned, her gaze fixed on the meal being served to others.

"Hey," Gert called out as she came back with a beanie on to hide her purple hair. "Old Lace is chilling in a dumpster, though girlfriend's starting to get an attitude."

"I can relate," Nico replied as she tucked her hands into the coat she borrowed from Chase.

"Come on, let's go." Chase was the first to enter, and the rest of you followed. You all got in line with the rest of the people, received some paper plates, and waited patiently for the workers to bring you some food. When Chase turned around, he noticed a PRIDE tarpaulin. "You gotta be kidding me." He groaned.

You all turned around and peered at the large letters on the tarpaulin. You were startled by the sight. "Whoops, I didn't see that. Sorry."

"This place is paid for by our parents?" Karolina questioned.

Nico shook her head to the others. "We can't eat that soup."

"Nico's right," Alex replied. "It's PRIDE soup."

Molly sighed and rolled her eyes, exhausted and hungry. "Soup is soup, and I'm starving."

"Soup in and of itself has no inherent morality," Gert stated.

"Neither do our parents," Nico replied.

"Oh, my god." You groaned. "Are we really going to argue about soup and debate if the soup is as bad as our parents?"

"Whether it's good soup or bad soup, it is hot soup, and we are starving," Karolina said.

"Can everyone stop saying 'soup'?" Chase exclaimed in annoyance. "Look, it's not like our parents are gonna be popping by. They just write checks. They don't give a shit about the homeless."

Alex sighed. "Okay, grab your food and sit at different tables. We might not be as noticeable if we split up."

You shook your head. "No, if we stay together, it's easier for us to protect each other.

Nico nodded, agreeing with you. "Yeah, no way. Strength in numbers."

"Everyone just eat as fast as they can," Chase said before turning around again to get more food. Molly took a deep breath and exhaled deeply. "Won't be a problem."

You took a few pieces of food and Karolina noticed it. "Aren't you hungry?" She asked worriedly.

You shook your head. "I ate a little bit earlier while I was scavenging for some things. I'm okay." You gave the tall girl a reassuring look before walking over to an empty table. Karolina and Nico exchanged worried glances. Gert, on the other hand, was staring in despair and sadness at the homeless individuals in the vicinity. Chase took note of her and walked over to her side. "You okay?"

Gert turned around to see him. "Oh." She glanced back at the elderly and the children. "So many with so little."

"You seem surprised," Chase said. "I mean, you were Brentwood's fiercest social justice warrior."

Gert sighed. "Yeah. Guess I just never really seen social injustice in person before."

Chase gave her a sad smile before wrapping his arm around Gert's shoulders. "Come on.

The others finished their meals and sat down next to you. While you were about to finish your meal, the others were just getting started. Molly savored a bite and sighed happily. "This is so good."

"Finish up. We should move." Nico reminded.

"Way ahead of you." You stood up from your seat and stretched your arms a bit. "I'll look around for anything suspicious."

You dumped your trash in a bin and walked away. When you were outside, Gert looked at Nico. "Where should we go? Between PRIDE and the Church, the streets aren't safe."

"We have to stay hidden," Karolina stated.

"We need a tent," Molly added.

"Which we can't buy since Alex lost the money," Chase replied as he glared at the dark-skinned young man.

You hurried back to the table to get your water bottle, just in time to hear Alex and Chase squabble. "Okay, forgetting for a moment that you were supposed to be on the lookout, how about the fact that I got us the money, to begin with?"

"This again." You mumbled as you rolled your eyes and drank your water.

"Maybe you could all show a little gratitude." Alex finished.

"You didn't even tell us where you got the money, Wilder." You retaliated.

"Yeah, Wilder." Nico stared at Alex in suspicion. "Why don't you tell us?"

"I can't, okay?" Alex sighed. "It's for your protection."

"Or yours," Nico replied back. "How do we know your parents didn't give it to you?" She accused.

Alex stared at Nico for a moment in disbelief. "You think I'm a mole?" You and the rest stared at Alex in silence, before you just shook your head and walked away to continue looking around.

"Nobody knows what to think, other than when Karolina was taken by Jonah you voted to leave her behind." Chase reminded.

Nico rubbed Karolina's back while the blonde-haired girl smiled at her girlfriend. Alex looked at Chase. "You are never gonna let that go, are you?" He tore his eyes away from Chase and looked at Karolina. "Karolina, I was always gonna come back for you."

Karolina nodded at him and smiled. "I'm sure you had your reasons." She replied in understanding.

"I'm sure they had nothing to do with the fact that Karolina and Nico developed a certain chemistry." Gert grinned earning a chuckle from Molly.

Alex raised his hands in defense. "I wasn't aware of that at the time, okay?" He replied. "And I'm still trying to process that information, actually." Nico and Karolina looked at Alex as he continued talking. "But thanks for bringing it up, though."

"So, if you weren't motivated by jealousy, then what?" Chase questioned. "You're just a terrible leader who makes bad decisions under pressure?"

"Welcome to lead anytime, Chase. But since you're incapable of coming up with an idea that doesn't suck, I'll handle it. Again."

"Or (Y/n)." Molly shrugged, earning a smile from Chase, Gert, Nico, and Karolina. Alex sighed before standing up. "There's an encampment off of the river east of the underpass that we stayed at last night," Alex informed the group. "I'll meet you guys there."

"Alex, where are you going?" Nico asked while Karolina removed the jacket she borrowed from Alex off.

"I told you, you have to trust me," Alex said this to Nico before looking down at Karolina, who thanked him quickly and returned his jacket. Alex put on the jacket and walked down the streets, looking at both sides. He caught your gaze afar. He tapped your shoulder as he approached. "Hey, I'm going away for a bit."

Alex checked on you when you didn't stir and spotted you staring off into the distance. "D-Do you see that?"

Alex gazed into the horizon but saw no one or anything that seemed odd. "No. Why?"

You blinked twice before looking at Alex. "Must be my imagination. Make sure to be back in the group early." You said before stepping away to rejoin the rest of the group. You found them listening to the news on television. You witnessed Graciela Aguirre, a middle-aged woman who is Molly's distant relative, being questioned by a news reporter and claiming to have seen proof against PRIDE.

You furrowed your eyebrows and crossed your arms as you walked toward your friends. "What proof is she talking about?"

Molly heavily sighed as she walked away, causing you and the others to follow her. "I may have sent Graciela the VHS tape my parents made me, the one with the warning about California breaking off into the ocean. If something happened to us, someone should know the truth."

"Yeah, and now she does, but she's in danger," Gert replied. "She said it on TV."

Chase crossed his arms. "Yeah, she knows all about a conspiracy to cause an earthquake, but... she has no idea about Jonah." He said.

"And that our parents are killers," Nico added.

Molly gulped. "We have to warn her."

-•-°-•-°-☆

Hello! :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 112 18
In memory of Technoblade They/them pronouns TW: cussing, blood, killing/death, alcohol, fire, weapons, fighting, discrimination/racism(?), kidnapping...
5.5K 39 157
Everyone deserves a second chance, right? Hana Minoru will have to learn this the hard way... Tina gave Robert a second chance. Can Hana give both he...
129K 2.9K 54
The oldest tale in time is that as a teenager one's biggest worries are acne, fitting in, anxiety, and high school. What is not supposed to be a teen...
19.5K 455 27
Y/n L/n was experiment number 10. You escaped the lab when you were eleven. After walking a few miles, you passed out. When you came too, four boys w...