Enchantress

By Ginnyzyn

Enchantress Book Series-1 ••• ♡ ••• Jennifer Andez is a simple beautiful college going girl. Her life was bea... More

••• Author's Note •••
Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter-34
Chapter - 35
Chapter-36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Epilogue
Announcement

Chapter - 43

144 9 9
By Ginnyzyn

Daniel Adams POV :

I was too impatient and tapping my fingers on the hand rest of my seat in the plane and starring at the windows. I've never been this much scared in life before. The fear of losing  someone whom we love the most is worse than death.

"We are here!". As soon as Sean uttered those words when we landed in the East Siberian taiga, I unbuckled my seat belts and stormed out of the plane.

As I stepped on the grass, all I could see is a scary woodland right infront of my eyes. There is tall redwood tress all over and cranberry trees were also grown in between the mighty old redwoods. Looking at the sight infront of my wandering eyes, I become more nervous about how am gonna find my wife in this forest!

"The basement Caitlyn mentioned is somewhere inside this forest and we have to walk because the density of the trees makes it difficult for the vehicles". Sean said as he stood beside me.

"No matter what! I am not going home without my wife". I rolled my sleeves up till my biceps and started walking inside the forest with Sean and our bodyguards following me from behind. We also have our team searching for Jenifer from different parts of this huge forest in helicopters.

After almost an hour of searching for Jenifer, I heard someone yelling from far away. "Jeniferrrrr... Come back or else I won't think twice before shooting you with a sniper". I halted in my steps when I heard Damian's voice and my head turned here and there to see if he is somewhere near me.

"Sniper? Oh shit!". Sean yelped and ordered the guards to go in different directions to stop him from doing anything worse.

My heart literally sank into my stomach because he have already shot  me with a sniper and I can't imagine my Jen going through the same pain. She don't deserve pain and she has my child growing inside her! Taking a deep breath, I ran in the direction from where I heard his voice and Sean followed me too.

My breath hitched in my throat, when I saw my tiny fragile girl hiding behind a Giant Sequoia tree and panting heavily. Only her right shoulder and the side of her face is visible to my eyes. I stopped running and touched my chest because my heart started thudding fast. "She is safe and alive!". I muttered to myself as if trying to calm my lost self.

Blinking my tears, I wiped my face with my hands and looked at her shivering and scared self. I sensed how much scared she is and I couldn't even bring my voice to call her and tell that I am here.

I took one step forward and heard Damian's loud voice again somewhere far from us. Guess, she escaped and he is searching for her!. "Fuck, she is not alone this time. I am with her, Damian!". I muttered to myself angrily and gritted my teeth.

On hearing his voice, she touched the lower of her tummy and started running again even without turning her head behind. I didn't waste any time and ran behind her to stop her because I was afraid that she might fall down and break her legs. When I reached near her, I grabbed her wrist and she cried.

"Noooo...". She screamed and tried to pull her hand from my hold without knowing that it's her Daniel.

I pulled her towards me and her face hit my chest. For a second, she panted heavily and then looked up at my face. When I saw her face, my whole world came down crashed and without my consent my fingers touched her cheeks. Her half face was swellen and bruised. There was finger prints in her cheeks and a bite mark on her neck. Her lips were also swellen and her eyes was red as tomato. It literally broke my heart because her face clearly tells that how much she suffered in past three days.

I kept looking at her face with tears rolling down and she slowly lifted her hand up and touched my face with her shivering fingers and starred into my eyes as if trying to believe in the sight infront of her and then a huge smile appeared on her lips.

"Da....Daniel". She cried and hugged me for her dear life.

I took a deep breathe and hugged her back. She cried in my arms and I rained kisses on her shoulders without pulling my face away from her. "I know.....I know you would come for me!". She uttered in her broken voice and I touched the back of her head but she flinched.

"Ahhhh....it hurts, Daniel". She screamed and cried more. I immediately pulled her from me and noticed blood all over my hand. Confused, I looked at the back of her head and saw blood strains.

"What happened, Jen? Did he hurt you?". I cupped her cheeks and asked her worriedly because her brown hair looks like soaked in blood and her head has a open wound.

She blinked her eyes and buried her face into my neck. "Take me home please! I don't wanna be here anymore". She cried silently and I snaked my one hand around her waist and gently touched her head with my other hand without hurting her.

We both stood there like this for a minute because this is what I missed. I missed her warmth. I missed her scent. I missed her smile. I missed making love to her. Fuck! I missed my whole life for past three days!

"How far should I take her away from you to stop you from reaching her?". Damian's voice made us to turn our head at his direction.

I glared at him and tightened my hold on her waist. She nuzzled more into me and hugged my torso tightly. "Take her to another planet and you will find me there too because she is my life and I am her soul. You can't separate us. Infact, no one could apart us". I snapped at him angrily.

He laughed and took a gun from his back and loaded it. "If nothing could separate you from her, then I hope you won't mind dying with her". He teased and aimed at us. "Whom should I shoot first? You or your wife?". He shifted his gaze between I and Jen but I remained calm.

"Choice is yours!". I shrugged my shoulders causally and he pointed his gun at Jen.

Jen gripped my shirt tightly but didn't pull away from me even though I remained still when he is about to shoot her. This much she trusts me and I will never let her down. I would happily die thousand times to save her once. But I know today neither of us is going to die!

Damian gritted his teeth and before he could pull his trigger, Sean shot him from far away. I saw Sean running towards us from far end and this is why I let him point his gun at my wife because I know my friend won't let anything happen to I and his sister.

"You fucker! He is aiming at my sister and you are standing like a statue? For what you have a gun hid in your back?". Sean yelled at me as he stood infront of us.

Jen pulled away from me as soon as she saw her brother and ran into his arms. "Seann..... I missed you so much! I thought I would never meet y'all again". She cried and I wiped my tears because at some point I was too afraid that I might never see her again.

"Hushh... Only this much you believe in your brother, Jen? You think that I'll easily give up on you?". Sean hugged her back and cooed her.

"I was scared, Sean". She sobbed in his arms and I saw Sean tearing up.

He bit his lips to control his tears but failed. I stood there, hands in my pockets, with a weeping heart and a tearful eyes, looking at my favourite sister and brother duo. They look so lovely together and she looks so comfortable in her brothers arms. But just the thought of what if we were late and something could have happened to Jenifer is literally giving me heart attack.

"You shouldn't be scared anymore because your husband and your brother is with you". He cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

She nodded her head with a smile and  a loud screaming sound disturbed us. "What have you done to my son?". Massimo ran towards his son's lifeless body and kneed down on the ground.

"I warned your son several times not to cross my sister's path but he never listened. So, this is the final Iesson I had to teach him". Sean showed his gun to Massimo and indirectly told him that he shot his dear son.

Massimo glared at Sean and Jen walked towards me. I looked at her  and she pointed her finger at Massimo and her lips trembled. "Shoot him too, Daniel! He don't deserve to live". She said angrily and I already took my gun from my back pant. "He beat me and tried to force himself on me". She added and now I don't want anymore reason to get my bullets inside his brainless head.

I shook my head and took threatening steps towards him. "She is in the age of your daughter and you wanted to touch her?". I hit him on his head with the back on my gun and he fell on his knees.

"I am sorry, Daniel! Please forgive me one last time". He lifted his hand up and begged.

I gripped his hair and kneed him on his stomach. He growled in pain and I twisted his hair. "Didn't I already made myself clear that she is off limits and still you dared to touch what is mine?". I fumed in anger and took a step behind.

"Men who doesn't know how to respect a women is not worth living". I aimed my gun straight to his head and he shivered.

"You did the biggest mistake by touching my wife and also, I won't forgive you for forcing Caitlyn into prostitution". I roared and his eyes widen in shock.

I chuckled and shook my head. "What? You though no one would ever comes to know about what you and your son did to Caitlyn? She is only seventeen for fuck sake!". I roared and he flinched at my tone.

"Let this day be the end of you and at least, try to be a better father in hell". Saying this I pulled the trigger and shot him in between his brows.

Relief washed my soul after seeing his body landing on the ground. I turned around and looked at Jen's sad face. "What? You only asked me to shoot him?". I asked her confused because she is clearly glaring at me.

"Who is Caitlyn? I left for three days and you already saying some other girls name?". She questioned me with raised brows and I bit the inside of my cheeks to suppress my smile.

"Well, Caitlyn Isabella is a beautiful girl and I really like her!". I replied casually to make her more angry because I love this possessive side of hers.

Her eyes widened and she turned towards Sean. "He is cheating on me, Sean! I hate him". She complained about me to her brother and I laughed silently. This is what I was longing for. Our normal, happy life!

"My first bullet would have pierced his heart if he did something like that to you". Sean calmed her but she kept glaring at me.

"Hmmmm". She hummed and lifted her hands in the air at me.

"What?". I asked her confusion because just before she was angry on me and she wants a hug?

"I can't walk. My legs are hurting". She said and I and Sean, looked at her feet. It was swellen and her ankles has a mark as if someone tied them with a sharp iron rope.

Immediately, I rushed towards her and lifted her in a bridal style. "I love you, Jen!". I whispered in her ears and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"I am mad at you but still I love you too". She confessed with a sulking face and snaked her hands around my neck.

I smiled and kissed her forehead. I always knew am madly in love with her but I never know that I love her this much! She is my home that I wanna go back to at the end of the day and without her everything looks meaningless. Snuggling more into me, she closed her eyes and I carried her to our plane. Sean ordered our guards and the cops to take care of the rest and followed us to the plane. We took off and flew back to our home country, Italy.

After few hours of travel, we reached Milan and I took her straight to the hospital because she lost too much blood and also I wanted to know whether my child is alright! She was sleeping throughout the journey after eating a plate full of chicken sandwich. Those bastards left her starving for three days? Trying to forget the awful memory, I placed her gently on the hospital bed and asked the doctors to take care of her. I and Sean, waited outside of the room hospital room and something crossed my mind.

"Caitlyn mentioned that there was someone helping Damian from my side and who it could be?". I asked Sean in confusion because it's still not safe when there is a black sheep amoung us.

"I was thinking about the same too! Until we figure out everything don't let anyone go near her. Neither personal bodyguards nor drivers. Don't trust anyone". He said firmly and I nodded my head because I already made this decision right the moment I saw her hiding behind that tree.

Never trusting anyone with my family again!

"Mr. Adams!". Doctor's voice gained my attention from Sean.

"Yes, Doctor! How is she? And....and my child?". I asked him impatiently.

"Your child is absolutely fine, Mr. Adams! But.....". He hesitated and I gulped in my throat.

"But what? C'mon, we are already shattered and spit it out". Sean yelled at the doctor.

"She have lost too much blood and it seems like someone have hit her hard on the lower of her back which resulted in losing the hearing senses in her right ears". Doctor Informed and I took a step forward.

"You mean, she can't hear?". I asked him in uttered shock.

"Not exactly but she can't hear through her right ears anymore!". He explained and shook my head.

"Noooo. Do something! Like surgery or something like that?". I almost begged him because this is really breaking me.

"Try to understand, Mr. Adams! She is too weak and already pregnant. We can't risk in doing a surgery because she might lose her child. Also, there is no guarantee that she would get back her hearing senses if we undergo any surgery". He added and I looked at him blankly.

"I completely have taken care of her open wounds and gave her a shot to reduce her pain. So, don't worry and give her something to eat when she is awake. Excuse me!". He excused himself and walked away from us.

I kept looking at doctors disappearing figure and Sean patted my shoulders. "She don't deserve this, Sean! How will I face her?". I lowered my head in defeat.

"Sometimes, fate loves to throw stones at the most beautifully painted mirrors of life! We should be thankful because at least, we still have her!". He tried to convince me and I closed my eyes to gulp down this bitter fact.

Bracing myself, I opened the door and stepped inside Jen's hospital room. She was lying peacefully and I laid beside her on the bed. She stirred in her sleep when I gently placed my hand on her tummy. Kissing her cheeks, I nuzzled my head into her neck and she giggled.

"I am not sleeping!". She whispered and I pulled my face from her neck.

"I am sorry! I failed to protect you". I mumbled but she remained silent.

"Why are you just moving your lips and not talking?". She smiled and the corner of my eyes teared up.

I buried my face into her shoulders and cried. She couldn't hear me because am laying on her side right and she could hear any sound only through her left ears. My heart couldn't fathom this and I become a crying mess in her arms. She hugged me slowly and patted my head.

"I am alright, Daniel! Why are you crying?". She tried to convince me and I sniffed.

Slowly pulling away from her, I stood up, walked round the bed and sat on the left side of her. "Nothing could make me love you any less!". I assured her and she looked at me blankly.

"Daniel, I had to tell you something very important". She said and I smiled.

"I know, Jen! Our child is safe too. Don't worry". I assured her with a smile and her eyes widen.

"You.... you know?". She asked me in shock.

I nodded my head and kissed the back of her palm. "Yeah, I know and I can't wait to see our little version". We both smiled and I kissed her swellen cheeks softly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 7.5K 26
Jezzabelle Rose, a young 24 year old model, with a dream to make it big in the world. With her highschool sweetheart who is now her fiancé, becoming...
21.5K 1.1K 32
the plot revolves around sameera and Daniel. they both are very much different in character, status, caste..... they are like poles apart. his life...
2.2M 89.4K 72
#1 on the billionaire hot list (May 16) Avery Tanner's life is about to change when she saves a young man from his death. She can't stop thinking of...
223K 1.8K 35
18+ Only Rated R (If you're underage like myself and you want to read this then go for it but just warning you it's STRONG sexual shit in this book...