Citrus+

By Gobukiii

Jeongyeon and Nayeon have been dating for a month. Their life goes on as it is; going to school, hanging out... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18-
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Citrus-
New book
Hi

Chapter 9

208 16 8
By Gobukiii

Jeongyeon was on the living room talking to Mrs. Im on the phone. She just finished cooking and was waiting for Nayeon to come home. As usual, their mother couldn't come home because of work.

"Right... I understand, eomma." Jeongyeon paused as she heard their front door creak. "Oh. It seems that Nayeon unnie just came home, eomma. I'll be hanging up now. Be safe." She said and put her phone down. She stood up to greet Nayeon, who's head was hanging low while untying her shoes. She crossed her arms and leaned on the wall. "Welcome home, unnie. I met Momo and Sana at the grocery store earlier. Momo said not to get angry at you, however..." Nayeon walked slowly and weakly, as if she was a zombie. Jeongyeon noticed how gloomy she looked but she needs to know where Nayeon had been. "Where on earth have you been—"

She was surprised when Nayeon lifted her head. Tears streamed down the older girl's face. And it was not stopping any time now. Jeongyeon looked at her worriedly as the latter continued to sniff.

"N-Nayeon unnie... what happened?" Her annoyance faded away as soon as she saw Nayeon's tears. She couldn't bare to see her crying, but she didn't know what to do. She didn't know how to comfort her lover.

"J-Jeongyeon-ah..." Nayeon weakly called as she bursted into her tears more. She sobbed until her legs felt weak and held onto Jeongyeon's shoulder. She rested her head on Jeongyeon's chest and cried louder as she slowly kneeled down. She clutched on Jeongyeon's pants while bawling. "I- I'm sorry... Jeongyeon-ah... I— I'm really s-sorry..." She choked on her tears and continued to mumble apologies.

Jeongyeon tried to hold her tears as she clenched her fist on her pants. She was confused on why Nayeon was apologizing. She slowly kneeled down, leveling Nayeon, and lifted her hand as she put it on Nayeon's back. She put her other hand behind Nayeon's head and guided it to her chest. She felt the older girl put her hands on her back. She tightened her hold on Nayeon as she let the older girl sob harder. And that was enough for Nayeon to feel better.

Jeongyeon hugged her tight and let themselves stay in that position until Nayeon calmed down. They slowly stood up as Jeongyeon guided Nayeon to the living room. The younger girl didn't notice Nayeon's backpack on the floor and the paper bag that has what Nayeon had worked for: their couple rings.

Moments after they sat on the couch, Nayeon noticed her things on the doorway. Without a word, she stood up and wiped her tears as she retrieved her backpack and the paper bag and directly went inside their room. She didn't look back to Jeongyeon and left her at the living room with a worried expression.

~~~~

"Nayeon-ah, don't tell me you're dating that Yoo Jeongyeon? I seriously can't stand that" An unfamiliar voice said with a hint of disgust in her voice. She laughed maniacally until Nayeon's eyes shot open as she gasped.

"A dream..." She mumbled as she sat up on the bed. She then noticed that Jeongyeon was not in their room and left a note beside her backpack.

"Tests starts today, so try not to come home late.

-Jeongyeon"

Nayeon sighed as she read the note. She then noticed the paper bag beside her backpack untouched. I'm sure Jeongyeon noticed this. Luckily, it's sealed. She thought as she lifted it up to her hands. She opened it and looked at the small black box inside. She then started to tear up as she realized something. "I wonder why did I buy these rings." She held it close to her chest and wiped her tears. "Dahyun is right, I can't give her something like this..." Nayeon put it inside her drawer. She thought of throwing it away, but she realized how she worked hard to buy it, so she decided to keep them but not give it to Jeongyeon. She hurriedly fixed herself and walked to the academy since she was late.

Nayeon noticed how puffy her eyes were because of crying, that's why she wore glasses. She was walking to their classroom when she heard Sana's high pitched voice calling her.

"Nayeonie!" She yelled and went near the aforementioned girl. Momo heard her, of course, and followed Sana as they started interrogating their friend.

"What the heck happened to you?! The first period test had already finished! We've been trying to call you but you won't pick up!" Momo exclaimed worriedly as she offered to get Nayeon's bag while Nayeon hung her head low. Sana noticed that she wore glasses, so she pointed it out.

"Why are you wearing glasses? W-wait did you cry?" Sana asked worriedly. Nayeon didn't answer, so they took it as a 'yes'. "What happened this time? Cold? Fever?" She paused and hesitated to blurt out what she was about to say when Momo nudged her side. "O-or,... heartbreak?"

Momo was surprised and slapped her arm. "What the heck are you talking about, you shit!? Why would you say that!?"

"Ow! What the fuck Momoring! I'm just asking!" Sana defended herself. They continued to argue until Nayeon stopped them with a heavy sigh.

"I'm okay, girls." She turned away when she saw Jeongyeon walking on the hallway. They would always see each other since their classrooms are nearly next to each other. They locked eyes for a moment but Nayeon was fast enough to look away. But she was able to see her expressions well. She could see that Jeongyeon is angry and disappointed, but she can also see that the younger girl is worried about her. "I-Im sorry, but I'm going to study for the tests." She plainly excused herself and walked to her desk, leaving the two Japanese dumbfounded.

Jeongyeon-ah... don't look at me like that.

~~~~

That afternoon after their class, their adviser called Nayeon to her office because she was late. That's why her teacher told her to take supplementary lessons since she didn't take her exam and failed that subject. In their academy, you can't take your tests late since it would be unfair for other students who took it on time. That's why in order to cope up with that subject, you need to take supplementary lessons during summer vacation until you pass that subject.

Nayeon quickly exited the teacher's office and walked to the library. She got anxious of her surroundings as if they were talking about her but she ignored them and continued to walk.

She entered the library and was about to go to the isle of the book she wanted to read when she saw the girl she's trying to avoid. Oh shit! Nayeon slowly backed away when Jeongyeon called her but was not facing her.

"Hold it." Nayeon froze on her spot, but she didn't face the younger girl. Both of their backs were turned to each other. "I just want to ask something..." Jeongyeon paused as she closed her book. "Why did you cry yesterday?"

Nayeon sighed lowly. She still didn't utter a word and clutched on her bag. Jeongyeon let out a loud huff and turned to sit on the nearby bench inside the library. In this time at the academy, the students are rarely seen at the library and would rather be on the cafeteria. They didn't notice the librarian, so the two of them were probably alone for now.

"I see. It's probably something you don't want to share to me." Jeongyeon mumbled.

"N-no, it's not that—"

"It's fine." Jeongyeon cut her off as she continued to read her book and tuck her hair behind her ear. "I'll just figure it out myself."

Nayeon immediately turned to her and was shocked to see the book that Jeongyeon was reading earlier. It was her guidebook, now crumpled and looked dirty since it accidentally fell into a puddle the first time they went on a date. She looked at the latter, whose head was slightly hung low, and realized how much Jeongyeon treasures that notebook. Nayeon lowly gasped when she realized something.

Don't tell me... Jeongyeon is planning to search for an answer in that guidebook?
She then saw that look on Jeongyeon's face; the same expression when they first kissed.
Can't you see that I'm trying to protect you, Jeongyeon-ah? So why are you showing me that fucking look on your face? She sighed as she walked and stood in front of the younger girl. "Okay. I'll explain properly..." She told Jeongyeon almost everything that happened (but not the part where she got a part time job to buy them couple rings, of course).

"That's it?" Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon in disbelief and raised an eyebrow.

"Eh?" Nayeon least expected that that would be Jeongyeon's reaction. "W-wha—"

"I thought it was something more serious..."

"B-but I—"

"Sit down." Jeongyeon said as she tapped the space on the bench beside her. Nayeon had no choice but to oblige and sat beside her and hung her head low? "Would you listen to me?" Jeongyeon asked and Nayeon nodded lowly. "Grandfather has entrusted the academy to me. I have to stand in front of people more than you think." Jeongyeon started as she fidgeted her hands. "When things are like that, it's natural for the society to say many things. There are always people who will accept or would agree on something, but there are also people who won't."

Jeongyeon opened the crumpled notebook on a blank page and started writing something. Nayeon, on the other hand, kept glancing on the younger girl as she writes. Jeongyeon puts down her pen, indicating that she had finished writing, and showed it to Nayeon.

"You and me are stepsisters that are dating each other. How other people will accept this fact is something that we have no control over." It stated. Nayeon looked away after reading it, but Jeongyeon continued to stare at her.

"That's why..." Jeongyeon grabbed her pen and wrote another message below the previous one. She then showed it again to Nayeon.

"There's no right answer. We only do what we want to do." Nayeon stared at the written words while Jeongyeon stared at her.

"Aren't these the words you said to me?"

Yes, I did... Nayeon thought and sighed. "Jeongyeon-ah, you knew from the beginning that these painful thoughts and sadness would happen?"

Jeongyeon looked up and sighed. "It means, how we choose to think about that depends on ourselves. Besides, there's the possibility of new problems that would happen in the future, right? But regardless of that, I think it's enough to continue being yourself and to stand proudly even if your confidence has no grounding."

I see... Nayeon clenched on her skirt as she recalled some of her memories with Jeongyeon when they were still not dating. During those times, I kept running in the daze. That's why. And Jeongyeon... is always here next to me.

"...Unnie?" Jeongyeon called that brought her back from spacing out. Teary-eyed, she immediately pulled Jeongyeon for a hug as she wrapped her arms around her neck. Jeongyeon held her waist as her pen and notebook fell off her lap and they stayed like that for a while until they heard the announcement that students should leave the academy. "U-umm... someone would be coming, unnie. How long are you planning to stay like this?"

"Forever." Nayeon, without hesitation, responded in her muffled voice.

"What?"

"Can I stay by your side forever?" Nayeon asked, still hugging Jeongyeon while she nuzzled her nose on the latter's neck.

"Yes." Jeongyeon couldn't help but blush.

"Can we go on a date?"

"Yes."

"And hold hands?"

"Yes. Stop it. You're so childish."

"One last question. Is it okay to love you?" Nayeon asked without holding back and Jeongyeon was caught off guard. She stayed silent for a moment until she mumbled her answer.

"... yes." With that, Nayeon slowly lifted her head up and looked at Jeongyeon as she smiled, showing her precious bunny teeth that Jeongyeon hadn't seen in a while. An unfamiliar feeling suddenly appeared in Jeongyeon's chest as her heart started to beat faster after seeing Nayeon smile again. They continued to stare at each other until Jeongyeon smiled slightly. "Let's go home." She said as she grabbed Nayeon's hand and lead them out of the library.

~~~~

"Jeongyeon-ah, do you have a minute?" Nayeon asked while sitting on her side of the bed, legs crossed. Jeongyeon was working on something on her desk, that's why Nayeon called for her. Jeongyeon noticed that Nayeon was slightly trembling while her hands are behind her back when the younger girl stood up and copied her position.

"What is it? I have to finish some reports and sleep early, so make it quick." Jeongyeon spat and started to yawn. This made Nayeon more nervous and looked away.

"U-um... thank you for today. Thanks to you, I won't have to lie about my feelings anymore. So, from now on,..." Nayeon turned to her. "...I won't lose lose sight of these feelings." She nervously revealed something behind her hand: it was a small black box. "T-there's something I want to give you." She slowly opened the box, revealing two silver rings with flowers carved around it. It was beautiful. "P-please, accept this!" The older girl said as she shut her eyes and extended her arms to Jeongyeon while holding the box.

Silence. That's what surrounded them for a moment. Jeongyeon was spacing out while staring at the rings. She didn't know how to react, so she stayed silent and placed her hand on her chest as she felt her heart race.

Nayeon noticed how silent Jeongyeon was, so she took a peak and saw Jeongyeon's expression. She looked shocked and their eyes met. Nayeon sighed and put her arms down. "I... I guess this would shock you after all! I-I'm not proposing... yet. I just... these, I saw them in an advertisement after our date, and... and it'll be a year since we became sisters soon, so... um, I wanted to get something matching for us. T-that's all! Don't think about it too much!"

Nayeon was surprised when Jeongyeon put both of her arms up, like a zombie, and looked away while blushing.

"Which finger will you put it on?"

Nayeon looked at the younger girl in awe. She shakily took one of the rings from the box and gulped as she held Jeongyeon's left hand. Jeongyeon flinched with the contact. Nayeon slowly slipped the ring on the younger girl's fourth finger, satisfied when it fitted perfectly. She then looked up and smiled brightly.

Jeongyeon suddenly teared up after seeing the ring on her finger. Nayeon panicked as she thought the latter didn't like it.

"J-Jeongyeon-ah, why are you— I'm sorry, did it hurt?" The older girl worriedly asked.

"O-of course it wouldn't hurt... it's just that... I-I don't know why I'm crying..." Jeongyeon was about to wipe her tears when Nayeon held both of her hands down and kneeled in front of her.

"Wait, don't wipe it." Nayeon slowly leaned forward as she held Jeongyeon's head from the back.

"W-what are you—" Jeongyeon was cut off when Nayeon placed a gentle kiss on her eyes, literally kissing her tears away, and brought up her hands to the former's cheek as she slowly wiped her tears with her thumb. They both stared at each other for a while as they blushed until Nayeon looked away and sat back down. She badly wanted to kiss Jeongyeon on the lips but she held herself back.

"I said to only put the ring on my finger. I didn't ask for a kiss, dummy." Jeongyeon said as soon as she calmed down.

"Sorry..." Nayeon scratched her nape and chuckled.

They went silent for a moment. Both were awkwardly sitting face to face while looking away, until Jeongyeon spoke.

"H-hey..." She gripped on the bedsheets while scratching her nape. Nayeon turned to her, still blushing. "What... should we do next?"

Nayeon flushed redder because of that question. N-next? When she said 'next', it could only mean... She gasped when she realized what Jeongyeon meant. "I'm... I'm older than you, so... I... I have to give my all!"She paused as she grapped the hem of her shirt and slowly lifted it up. "So, this time, I'll—"

"Nevermind." Jeongyeon cut her off and started to cover herself with her blanket. The both share a blanket at first, but Mrs. Im noticed how both were uncomfortable, so they bought them their own. "It seems like it'll take too much time. And also, you can put your own ring on your own."

"O-oh..." Nayeon felt embarrassed. She thought they would finally do 'that', but instead, Jeongyeon meant to also put her ring to her finger. But she gave up. "W-wait! Jeongyeon-ah! Wake up! Put my ring on, too! Hey, don't sleep on me!"

"Good night." Jeongyeon teased as Nayeon continued to whine all night.

~~~~

A/N: Longest chapter for this book so far. And I think I'll write the next chapters longer. And by the way, the main side ship? is DahMo, but I'll still add some moments of other ships. Anyways, leave your thoughts on the comments and don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 8.5K 63
Chaeyoung and her best friend have been friends for over ten years. Chaeyoungs life change after a single night, she falls in love with her best frie...
27K 809 15
A cold boy named Chou Tzuyu from Taiwan along with his friends, Son Chaeyoung and Yoo Jeongyeon are in JYP university. There's three girls which are...
180K 6K 49
This story is about six college student; Chou Tzuyu, Minatozaki Sana, Yoo Jeongyeon, Im Nayeon, Son Chaeyoung, and Myoui Mina. Six of them struggles...
163K 6.7K 40
Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she choose her heart over their friendship? ...