COTE: Villainkouji

By Exotic_Animator

What if Ayanokouji acted like a villain? He is an ice-cold devil blessed with the face of an angel and curse... More

Vol.1. Chapter 1.1: A devil's arrival
Vol.1. Chapter 1.2: Corrupting Kushida
Vol.1. Chapter 1.3: Lunch date
Vol.1. Chapter 1.4: How to take over a class 101
Vol.1. Chapter 2.1: A game of cards with your stalker
Vol.1. Chapter 2.2: Swimming class (gone wrong!)
Vol.1. Chapter 3.1: Horikita's Golden Ticket to Class A

Vol.1. Chapter 2.3: One torture a day keeps the demons away

7.2K 345 295
By Exotic_Animator

[A/N Warning: This chapter is not made for the faint of heart]

-

[3rd Person POV]

[Location- The White Room]

''You are responsible for the director's son, got it?" the guard in the custom made white army getup made his way through the all white corridors, followed by a beautiful women in her early 20s.

The women who wore a long white trench coat, had her pretty crimson hair tied in a bun.

''Wait the director put his own son on this project?'' The redhead appeared surprised to hear about the director's ruthlessness.

''Aye, that's the kind of man your boss is.'' The guard took a left turn ''Let me ask you again, are you sure you are not in the wrong place.''

''Nope~ I'm definitely in the right place.'' Camilla smiled.

Seeing a smile so innocent, in a place so grim, sent mixed feelings to the guard. He was momentarily frozen in place. In fact, he hasn't seen a single spec of a smile since he started working here. He wondered how long it would take for that smile to disappear like many others in this place.

Before Camilla could knock on the boy's room, the guard blocked her path.

''Listen lady, I would probably get in a lot of trouble for telling you this, so keep it between us. I suggest you pick some other child other than him, or better yet find a job someplace other than here.'' The guard warned.

''And why's that....''

''That boy... let's just say he's special... all his previous therapists quit before they even made it a full week.''

''Oh a challenge! I like that!'' Camilla eagerly nodded, not backing down.

''Well, don't say I didn't warn ya.'' The guard sighed and tipped his cap, before turning around.

Just as the door to the room opened, Camilla strode in. There was a lone boy sitting on the white bed, in fact, everything was white. This place lacked a fashion taste, thought Camilla. The small brown-haired boy who looked like he was 12 years old didn't even glance at her.

''Heya~ YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD THERAPIST HAS ARRIVE----!''

''You are too noisy. Shut up if you value having a jaw for the rest of your life'' The boy who was reading a book with a bored expression growled.

Camilla looked at the boy, optimistic that she can still help him. But there was now visible sweat dripping from her forehead.

''Now, now, that's no way to talk to your elders.''

''........''

''Don't just ignore me?!''

The boy continued to read his book while refusing to acknowledge the women. Camilla, on the other hand, saw this as trivial, as she patiently waited for the boy's response with a hopeful smile.

Minutes pass by, but the therapist showed no signs of giving up.

''You're not gonna leave me alone, are you?'' The boy asked without looking at her.

''NOPE!~''

The boys' first impression of her was that she was an idiot. Animals who are blind to imminent danger are the first to go extinct. He sighed in annoyance, realizing she wouldn't leave until she got her response. Taking his eyes away from his book, at last, he began talking.

''My name is...''

-

-

[Kiyotaka Ayanokouji POV]

[Location: School Pool]

"Group A form a line," Sensei yelled. The first four boys proceeded to the starting line to get ready. 

This would likely be an intriguing match for the boys because there are two athletic players in this group compared to the rest. Hirata and Akito.

Hirata was more than simply a pretty boy. He was also physically fit. His physique is slightly superior to Akito's, owing to his involvement in the Soccer Club.

"Alright, get set! GO!" Sensei yelled right as the boys dove into the water and swam at full speed; Hirata and Akito were mostly evenly matched.

"Kyah~! Go, Hirata!"

"Hirata, we believe in you!" Cheers broke out from the girls, whether they were by the pool or on the observation deck.

Even with my cold heart, I felt a bit bummed out about the lack of cheers for Akito, so I sent my silent applause to him.

Hirata sped up near the end for one last burst and narrowly defeated Akito. Everyone was so preoccupied with their small war that they had forgotten about the other candidates. As Hirata and Akito got out of the pool, they exchanged handshakes and turned to face the others.

Ike was dead last, no surprise there. He even fell on his feet, breathing hard from swimming so much.

When everyone finished the instructor announced the results. Hirata won with 27 seconds.

-

The previous participants all walked away from the finish line, while Group B prepared to begin. They dove in, but I wasn't very thrilled about the race because it was so one-sided. 

Sudo was the first person to exit the swimming pool. A predictable outcome.

Even beating Hirata's score by finishing in 25 seconds.

Yamauchi was the last to finish with an impressive 42 seconds, I'm pretty sure none of the girls scored nearly as bad as that.

Regardless, Yamauchi flexed his chest and I overheard him remark something like "Hehe, you guys are lucky I was holding back to give everyone a chance. Back in junior high, people called me 'the flying fish,' you know."." He was clearly bluffing, but it was amusing to watch?

Every king needs a court jester I suppose?

-

"Group C! Form a line!" Sensei blew his whistle.

The following group is the one in which Koenji is involved. Looking at his body, he proved to be more athletic than Sudo; another one-sided massacre. It's also my first opportunity to understand why he calls himself the "perfect existence."

"Begin!" 

They dove into the pool, and it was once again an extremely predictable win. Kōenji dove perfectly as his body cut through the water. He effortlessly swam across with speed, placing him ahead of everyone by a long shot, with the rest following behind.

He got out of the water without even looking at the other contenders. Taking out a comb from God knows where, he began fixing his hair with a smug smile. The rest of them exited the pool after a few seconds.

Koenji won by a wide margin, with 23 seconds, which caused audible gasps all around the pool at his impressive score. Though I suspect he was still holding back.

If given the opportunity, I'm curious if Koenji can break the world record. Mmm... I suddenly had the impulse to track down the swimming world record holder and beat his own record in front of him. I'm curious how depressed he'd be if he realized his life's hard work could be replicated by a high schooler. He would definitely become a chronic alcoholic just to deal with it.

I̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶

-

"Last group line up!" 

We formed a line, and I took one glance at my opponents, none of them are very athletic. I can take it easy.

"Kyah~! Ayanokouji! Good luck!" I heard Satou yelling. That girl's a bit much.

"Ayanokouji-kun, give it your all!" Many of the girls cheered for me, just like they did for Hirata. I can see Ike, Yamauchi, and several of the boys looking at me with jealous eyes in my line of sight.

I wasn't really expecting cheers when it was my turn, but it's not like I was complaining, so I just shrugged it off. I even went along with it by waving at them.

''GO!'' Sensei blew his whistle.

The classmates around me jumped into the pool and started off quite slowly, but gradually gained speed. While I silently stood there.

''H-Huh why is he just standing there?''

''Ayanokouji! The race already started-!''

I was still casually waving back at the girls.

After a solid 7 seconds, I got in position and decided to join the race.

My plunging figure sunk neatly into the water. When I started utilizing my limbs for momentum, I could feel the others nearby. My ears were filled with the sound of my classmates' cheers at the same time.

I won the race by swimming with complete consistency. Once I got to the finish line and looked back, the others were only behind by a few seconds. 

I finished it in 30 seconds, if I hadn't given myself that 7seconds handicap, mine, and Koenji's score would've been tied.

"Kyah~! No way! He still won!"

"Ayanokouji-kun was super fast!"

"He looked so cool too~!"

''Yes, yes, praise me more.'' I said nonchalantly in my monotone voice, basking in their cheers, while walking to the final race.

-

The instructor directed the four victors to form a line. Me, Hirata, Sudo, and Kouenji were the finalists. I turned my gaze to the person standing next to me.

''We meet again Koenji,'' I called out to my blonde classmate beside me.

''So we did,'' Kouenji remarked, not looking at me. He must be very confident. Kouenji, like me, does not appear to be serious about competing. But hopefully, he won't hold back this time. ''I hope you don't disappoint me Lucifer-boy.''

''Feelings mutual.'' I got into position. ''Don't hold back.''

''HA HA! That goes without saying. It's time to show you why I'm called the perfect exsitance.''

The coach sounded his whistle, and the race was underway. Kouenji could be seen flying through the water in the corner of my eye, keeping pace with me the entire time. The other two had fallen far behind, leaving just the two of us to race. The water was rushing past my head, faster than I had ever swum before, through the chilly liquid.

I got to the finish line almost simultaneously with Kouenji, tapping the wall. We both climbed out of the pool and turned to face the coach. The other two had just finished a few seconds after us.

All the spectator's eyes were on Kouenji and me since it was a tie.

Suspense riddled the air as everyone waited for the results.

''Since it's a tie, it all depends on the milli-seconds. ''Sensei checked his stopwatch. ''Koenji finished with a perfect 21.9 seconds. Very impressive!''

"And Ayanokouji..... 21.4 seconds!!" Everyone froze when they heard those comments, including Kouenji, before he broke his stance and began laughing.

"Hmph," Kouenji said, elegantly sweeping his hair up. He didn't appear exhausted at all. He gave me a friendly smile this time. "Remember this Lucifer-boy, you only won because I lost."

I was also softly swiping my hair at the moment. ''Yes, and Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.''

He walked away with his usual smirk, not even a little bit bothered. From the corner of my eye, I saw Horikita taking a quick step toward me. She finally came to a halt directly in front of me.

''You never told me you were an expert in swimming,'' She glared at me.

''You never asked,'' I shrugged. ''Plus I wouldn't call myself an expert, it's just a pass-time for me.''

"It seems there's more to you than meets the eye..." Horikita lowered her gaze to her feet. Kushida and her friends hurried over to me excitedly before she and I could finish our talk.

"Ayanokouji, you were incredible!" Kushida said with a big grin.

"Kyah~! Ayanokouji! You were amazing!" Please don't faint Satou. 

''I knew there was something special about you, Kiyotaka.'' Onodera was the most enthused of the group. ''We should definitely have a rematch.''

In fact, the boys did the same thing as the girls. Some of them even patted me on the back. They bombarded me with questions, and my mind immediately went empty.

Coming up with fake backstories on why I can swim fast sucks.

-

-

[3rd Person POV]

[After class]

''Kushida looked so hot in that suimsuit~'' Yamauchi said.

''If she becomes my girlfriend, I can die happy.'' Ike agreed.

They were fully changed back to their normal school uniform. Standing next to the vending machine they were discussing all sorts of trivial things.

''It sucks that she's only been looking at Ayanokouji recently,'' Ike sulked with his shoulders slumped. ''I mean it's already hard with Hirata, but now the class has two pretty boys.''

''That guy? Pfft... he was lucky I didn't show my full potential during swimming class. Flying fish, remember.'' Yamauchi bragged.

''Sure dude,'' Ike humored him.

''I mean what does Ayanokouji have that I don't?''

''Uhh...Yamauchi..'' Ike warned

''I swear to God, he's been getting on my nerves recently. If I see him I'm going to beat him to a pulp to show him whose boss!''

''D-Dude!!'' Ike was looking at someone behind Yamauchi.

''He's right behind me isn't he,'' Yamauchi said in a grim tone. Looking back he found Ayanokouji standing there with his hands in his pockets.

''A-Aaah,'' He fell down on his butt, due to the sudden surprise.

''You okay?'' Ayanokouji politely reached a hand down to help Yamauchi up. Speak of the devil.

He didn't appear to be affected by anything Yamauchi stated. He either didn't hear him or simply didn't care enough to bother.

Seeing the guy whose been the center of attention of the girls for no reason than being a fast swimmer annoyed Yamauchi. Mostly cause Kushida was also one of them. So he decided to do a little prank as an act of revenge.

''Thanks for helping me out, Ayanokouji old buddy old pal!'' Yamauchi accepted his hand and got you. ''Since I owe you why don't I buy you a drink?''

''No need,'' Ayanokouji declined.

''No worries dude, it's my treat,'' Yamauchi ordered a Coca-Cola as soon as he entered his student ID into the vending machine. He turned his back on Ayanokouji and shook the can vigorously, hiding from view.

''Here you go dude,'' Yamauchi tossed the can to Ayanokouji.

Since the can was shaken so much the carbonation pressure caused liquid to explode all over Ayanokouji the moment he popped it open. The viscous liquid staining his clothes. Of course Yamauchi was well aware of it, that's the only reason he gave it to him. 

''Ha ha! Oh man, you should see the look on your face.'' Yamauchi had to grasp his stomach in order to suppress his laughter.

Ayanokouji's wet hair bangs were covering his eyes, so it was hard to tell what expression he had underneath it.

''Heh! I definitely need a picture to remember this~'' Yamauchi took out his phone to do exactly what he said.

Ayanokouji slicked his now-wet hair back with his hand. Maybe because Yamauchi was too busy laughing, he was completely oblivious to the dark look Ayanokouji was giving him. Even Ike, who was nervously chuckling in the corner, saw Ayanokouji's sudden change and gulped.

Hirata who was coincidently walking by noticed the incident and quickly intervened to resolve the situation.

''Ayanokouji you alright?'' He offered him a handkerchief from his pockets.

Taking it gracefully Ayanokouji started wiping his face. ''Thanks? But don't worry it was nothing more than an accident.''

''I'm glad it's a minor accident, but do you be careful next time,'' Hirata said with a warm smile before walking his separate way.

''Yeah Man~ be careful next time,'' Yamauchi walked away still giggling at the incident, with Ike full-on tow.

No one noticed the silent murderous glare Ayanokouji was directing at Yamauchi.

-

-

[Ayanokouji POV]

[Location- Swimming Pool]

''Thank goodness you came,'' I was currently standing in front of the pool. My clothes were changed to a more casual ones. A simple light blue full-sleaved shirt and jeans. It was late afternoon and the entire swimming pool was deserted except for one other person.

My classmate, Haruki Yamauchi.

''That was a weird text you sent me, dude,'' Yamauchi showed his phone which had the text history.

<Need your help. Meet me in the swimming pool ASAP. Make sure you come alone. It's something only you can help me with>

''Well it's kinda embarrassing to admit, but I need advice on girls. And I couldn't help but overhear you being some sort of love expect.''

''Hehe, it seems my secret got revealed,'' He said while awkwardly scratching his hair. ''Back in middle school, I was called the love guru. Even all the senpais came to me for assistance.''

It's almost laughable how easily he lowers his guard to mindless lies.

''Very impressive, as expected of someone like you. With a title like that, you were surely popular in middle school.'' I said sarcastically.

''Well duh,'' He puffed up his chest in pride. ''So what lady troubles do you have? You can ask me anything?'' 

''Could you give me a second...I need to prepare myself.'' I retrieved my Earpods from my pockets and pulled out my phone to sync with it wirelessly.

''Uh... What are you doing dude?'' Yamauchi tilted his head in confusion.

''Shhh,'' I murmured, still paying more attention to my phone than to my classmate next to me as I pull up my music playlist and thumbed through it to find an appropriate track.

Silence followed.

And there was some sort of tightness in the air, even Yamauchi was beginning to feel it.

"S-Seriously dude, what are you doing? If you wa---'' Yamuchi speaks out, completely unsure of what to do.

''Wanna know a fun fact?'' I interrupted him. ''For a school that is so adamant about putting hidden cameras everywhere, there are blind spots. Of course, I made sure to memorize each and every one of those spots. One of them is the very place we are standing on.''

''I guess it makes sense if you think about it. Having cameras pointed at places where you can see half-naked kids seems like a lawsuit in the making. So it's no surprise," I mused.

''OooKay...'' Yamauchi replied, however, there seemed to be a hint of anxiousness in his tone. He must be growing nervous now that he realizes we are the only ones in this empty swimming pool.

No students are in close proximity to the pool.

It would probably take 15 minutes for a teacher to reach here.

20 if it's a janitor.

I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶p̶i̶p̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶
t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶a̶m̶

P̶h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶
o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶

W̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶,̶ ̶
n̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶

"Y-You know I just remembered something h-ha ha.. I have plans with Ike to go to the arcade so....'' Sensing a change in the atmosphere, Yamauchi started backing away. 

With one last scroll, I found the perfect song to set the tone, to get me in the mood for what I'm about to do.

Just as Yamauchi expresses his concerns, I find and select the song before tucking my phone in my right pants pocket, and the song begins pumping lyrics into my ears via Earbuds.

''Perfect!''

Pulling my sleeves up to my elbows I turned and approached Yamauchi threateningly.

''Hey man, your eyes look kinda scary right now....W-Whoa!!'' Right before he could take another step back, I kicked the heels of his feet, making him lose his balance.

Just moments before his head could hit the solid tiles of the pool, I grabbed him by the back of his neck and plunged his face into the water. With me kneeling down, and his eyes, nose, and mouth completely buried in pool water; I turned up the volume of the song.

''H-Hey!.. Gasp.. what ar-- Gasp,'' 

''Waterboarding, that's the name of the torture technique I'm performing on you. It is also called water torture, simulated drowning, interrupted drowning, and controlled drowning. Just from the names alone, surely you can tell what it entails.'' I replied calmly.

Yamauchi started thrashing inside this invisible prison. He pushed with his arm and legs but he could find no leverage, my hands holding him down.

''A-Aaah.. Gasp...Hah...hah!!'' He tried to yell but the water blocked out any vocal sounds.

Yamauchi fought aimlessly to free himself from my hands, but the only thing he was accomplishing was wasting precious oxygen. His body lacks the strength and endurance needed to overpower me. It's a pointless action.

M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶c̶e̶,̶
̶i̶f̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶
̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶j̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶n̶.̶ -

To emphasize this point, I don't even need to use both hands to keep him submerged; my right hand is sufficient.

''Did you know this is my favorite torture method? Since it leaves no physical evidence,'' I shrugged my shoulders. ''But sadly it is still considered inhumane. The CIA removed waterboarding from its list of acceptable interrogation techniques in 2006.'' I said as I pulled his face back to the surface. My dark gaze was riveted on him like a predator on prey.

''B-B-Bro what the h-hell!?!'' He gasped, trying to breathe.

''I'm not your bro,'' I replied in an icy cold voice.

I pushed his face back in the water, and his futile struggle began once more. Like a fish without water, flailing his arm all around.

The human body will die in just minutes without oxygen, so the body struggles mightily when it thinks it is being deprived of oxygen. Evolution has hardcoded the body to restore the supply of oxygen as quickly as it can.

No wonder people are programmed to panic during these situations.

I brought Yamauchi's face back up once more and he painfully gasped for air. 

''Let's cut to the chase, shall we? You must be wondering why I'm doing this to you, right?''

Yamauchi visibly reacts to my comment, fear evident in his eyes.

''Is it b-because of the s-s-soda....S-Sorry. I'm S-Sorry.'' His eyes searched the area frantically looking for someone to rescue him. He must've forgotten to scream, due to how stressed he is right now.

''Apology accepted,'' I calmly replied. ''However, there is also the chance that you might tell someone what happened today, right? That makes my decision to let you go so much tougher. Life can be so cruel sometimes.'' I nonchalantly shrugged my shoulders.

''P-Please...I swear..I s-swear... I won't tell another s-soul....''

''Shh, shh, shh. Calm down Yamauchi, I believe you, we are friends after all.''

I loosened my grip around his neck and just like a soldier realizing that reinforcements are coming, relief spread across his face. Just when I saw that tiny glimmer of hope in his eyes, I tightened my grip and submerged his face underwater once more.

I gave him hope, only so I can be the one to take it away from him.

-

-

[Yamauchi POV]

Liar...

He said it "simulates" the feeling of drowning. That is not true at all. I feel like I am drowning because I am drowning—or, rather, being drowned, albeit slowly and under controlled conditions and at the mercy of this demon.

"Wanna hear something interesting? The instinct to not breathe underwater is so strong that it overcomes the agony of running out of air. No matter how desperate a drowning person is, he doesn't inhale until he's on the verge of losing consciousness.'' He continues to speak to me, most likely to keep me awake. So he can continue to torment me. ''Pretty cool right?''

I held my breath for a while and then had to exhale and—as you might expect—inhale in turn. I gulped down water while trying to breathe and ended up choking and coughing. Somehow he always knows when I can't take it anymore, cause he instantly brings me back up for air. 

With the sun shining behind him, I got a good look at him. I expected a look of anger or maybe psychotic enjoyment. But what I saw was 'Pure indifference' like I wasn't worth any emotions being incited. Somehow that disturbed me more.

I knew what was going to happen next so I inhaled as much air as I could. He pulled my face back into the water, darkness obscuring my eyesight.

''There is a popular saying that your life flashes in your eyes moments before you die. I wonder if images of your childhood are flashing right as I speak.'' I heard his voice, but it felt very far away.

Again seconds passed and I couldn't hold my breath anymore. Only this time he wasn't allowing me to come up for air, he held me in place.

''What do you see Yamauchi? — Maybe the police notifying your parents? Imagine how disappointed your mom and dad will be, how their dreams for you have been shattered with your death. Picture what your father would say, probably something along the lines of "why didn't the damn kid take swimming lessons like he was supposed to?"

Pool water went down into my lungs, causing a surge of intense pain to ricochet off my ribs and around my torso. I desperately needed air. I kicked and tried to get to the surface. No luck. Everything started to hurt and my chest felt like someone stabbing me.

"You know, I think I should be completely honest with you because I believe you deserve it. I'm not doing this to reprimand or discipline you. I'm not some sort of vengeful messiah. Yes, your actions and refusal to apologize annoyed me, but not enough for me to go this far. So why am I doing this?" His grip became even tighter. 

'' IT'S BECAUSE I CAN. Nothing more nothing less. There is no deep meaning behind my actions.''

Then, with my last strength, I kicked once more. 

"A villain. A true villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. I must be wicked enough to excite everyone's aversion, strong enough to arouse everyone's fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy.''

''I do bad things because I can.

Because I want to. 

And because no one can stop me.''

I was not going to make it and I knew it. I barely even understood what he was saying anymore.

Then everything went black.

-

-

[Kiyotaka POV]

I could already feel his body giving up. It grew calm and seemed like it was no longer afraid of death. A few more seconds of this and he'd say goodbye to this world.

I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶
t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶r̶

Just a few more seconds.

.................

...........

.....

[Flashback]

The first thing I was taught when I reached the age of reason was to doubt others, the only one I could trust in this rotten world was myself.

Even that man who taught me this warned me about placing my trust in him too, since "sooner or later everyone betrays your trust," or so he told me.

I have a complicated relationship with that man, how could I not? He was my father. And even so, I couldn't stop thinking when I heard that.

How hideous would the world have to be for him of all people to say something like that? In a world of 7 billion, I couldn't trust a single one of them, I thought to myself.

''Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, what a beautiful name,'' The lady nodded. ''Hi, I'm doctor Camilla, your personal therapist.''

''Don't need one. Go away.' I said without looking at her. My full attention was still on the book I was reading.

''C'mon don't be like that! I was just got hired. You can't just fire me!'' She complained like a spoiled brat. 

'' Therapists guide people through some of the most personal and painful experiences of their lives, helping them overcome depression, live with loss, and stop self-destructive behavior,'' I said while turning a page. ''But I have no such issues. That makes your existence useless to me.''

'''Guh!'' She nervously straitened her shirt. ''Mmm... If not a therapist, then how about a friend? You can tell me anything you want.''

''Sounds pointless.''

''Hey!!'' She pouted. ''Don't just call the power of friendship pointless?''

My body went on full alert when she walked toward me, but I pretended not to care so I can strike when she least expects it. However, contrary to my expectations she placed a hand on my head.

''Listen... if I can't change a little kid, how do I expect myself to change the world.''

I flinched at her unexpected words. I can usually figure people out just by looking at them, but this woman... was a total mystery to me.

I tried to detect lies in words or body posture. But that was her truth, her belief, and she declared it straight to my face as she caressed my hair, her optimistic smile forever plaguing my memories.

''Holy shit! That sounded waaay cooler than I expected. I should definitely use it in my speech if I win the noble prize'' The lady popped a thumbs up straight to my face, her smile refusing to go away. ''I looked hella cool when I said it didn't I?''

This woman...

''Hey! You better expect me as your friend right now, or I'm gonna have to find ways to annoy you till you do.''

Yup, there is no doubt about it...

''You are...''

-

''...an idiot.''

I can't believe that women, even now, is influencing my judgemnet.

I instantly drew Yamauchi's submerged face from the water. His body lay limp on the swimming pool's tiled surface. He was completely unconscious and not even breathing.

I'm not about to do CPR on him. So with a bit of force, I quickly stepped on the correct spot near his stomach area, and within seconds I jumpstarted his entire body. Yamauchi's eyes sprang open and he immediately started coughing out water.

I casually gathered my Earbuds back in my pockets before crossing my arms and patiently waiting for his coughing fit to end.

After seven minutes or so, his coughing greatly subsided and his breathing stabilized. However, he seemed to be in a daze, like his brain couldn't process what was going on. So I leaned down and slapped him in the face, jabbing him back to the present.

''Yamauchi my dear friend, it seems I went a bit too far. Sometimes I even scare myself.'' I sighed. ''What I'm trying to say... is... why don't we pretend that this never happened?''

He blinked like I was speaking in a foreign language.

I awkwardly scratched the back of my hair. ''So.... let bygones be bygones.'' 

I paused before narrowing my eyes. ''Of course, if I were to hear a single rumor about this 'incident', no matter how small, even if it's just a whisper, you know what happens right?''

I stood over him, looking down, my figure casting a shadow over him. He cowered and failed to meet my eye.

''Your remaining life in this school will be reduced to an unending sequence of agonizing torture. Do I make myself clear?''

Yamauchi nods his head up and down vigorously, without saying a word.

''How delightful.''

Feeling satisfied I squatted down and gently placed both hands on his shoulders. He flinched at my touch.

''Good, very good. Now, with that out of the way how about you, me and the boys go out for lunch today. you know, hang out. I have seen this Italian cafe on the way to school, and I'm kinda curious to try their food. Don't worry it's gonna be my treat.''

Yamauchi sat there with a shocked expression at my sudden change in behavior, no doubt contemplating whether the last two minutes even happened.

He's a weak-minded individual, easily controllable, and exploitable. Not to mention 100% EXPENDABLE. 

I̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶
̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶H̶u̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶.̶

Even if he told someone, no one would believe him.

That's how low his social standing is.

E̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶o̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶
m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶

Not to mention he was a bad habit of always lying, much like 'The boy who cried wolf' no is going to bat an eye at his antics if he were to betray me.

A̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶,̶ ̶
n̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶.̶

But as long as he adds today to his list of secrets he would take to his death, I suppose I personally have no issues with him.

After all, the devil's greatest achievement is making the world believe that he doesn't exist.

And I would like to keep it that way.

[TO BE CONTINUED]

[Anyone felt bad for Yamagod?]

[Don't worry, there won't be any more chapters with such a physical scale for a long while. I personally prefer psychological attacks over flat out violence]

[Yes, Camilla the therapist will return, but only in the form of flashbacks]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 67 3
Kiyotaka Ayanokoji wakes up one day and gets thrown into a game. Well, that's not exactly it. He didn't get thrown into a different world or anything...
11.6K 340 4
This is a what if scenario that I took interest in and this is a whole lot different reaction with an AU of course....... Ayanokoji Kiyotaka had enr...
18.9K 702 63
Kurushima Kaoru, a person with unique circumstances, decided to enroll at the Advanced Nurturing High School. But unlike his peers, he isn't there fo...
12.2K 588 26
THERE ARE MORE BOOKS, BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER THIS VOLUME. READ VOLUME 1 FIRST AND THEN ADVANCE I'm bad at descriptions. The beginning has only started...