Obelia's Beloved Princess [ON...

By HELLF1RECLLUB

TRUTH BE TOLD, Obelia had a Princess before Athanasia was born. Her name is Princess Odette de Alger Obelia... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Nightmare's Vision
Chapter 2: The White Puppy
Chapter 3: Knight's Oath
Chapter 4: A Bullet Met With A Sharp Eye (New Version!)
Chapter 5: The Forbidden Deal Between Two Royals
Chapter 6: Odette's Knight and Shining Armor
Chapter 7: An Invisible String Called Fate
Chapter 8: The Boys of Arlanta Academy
Chapter 9: Soulmates, Fate, and Everything in Between
Chapter 10: The Return of The Crown Prince
Chapter 11: A Night You'll Never Forget
Chapter 12: The Emperor's Last Words
Chapter 13: Set, Stars. At Dawn, I Will Win
Chapter 14: When the Day Met Night
Chapter 15: Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy
Chapter 16: Once Upon A Dream
Chapter 17: A Night You'll Never Forget
Chapter 18: Dancing With The Devil
Chapter 19: Obelia's Sun and Light To The Empire
Chapter 20: Hold Me Close, Love
Chapter 21: The Wizard Within The Dark Tower
Chapter 22: Prince Claude and His Four Year Expedition
Chapter 23: The Unexpected Return of the Second Prince
Chapter 24: In a Matter of Time and Space
Chapter 26: An Adventure with the Strongest Wizard
Chapter 27: A Second Too Late
Chapter 28: A Hero Brought By Fate
Chapter 29: A Pair of Piercing Crimson Eyes
Chapter 30: It's Worth A Try, Isn't It?
Chapter 31: Let Them Eat Cake

Chapter 25: The Start of the Hunting Festival

2K 107 70
By HELLF1RECLLUB

Odette's POV

I wasn't quite sure how to feel as the Hunting Festival came to light. It is considered as a major highlight in Obelia's history because it celebrates sportsmanship and skills. Both men and women of nobility were entitled to join, but men mostly dominated the wins. However, this Hunting Festival is different.

This year, Anastasius appointed two days for the event itself. He also invited plenty of ambassadors from various nations. He did this because the Hunting Festival is also me and Roger's Engagement Party.

"In a few moments, we'll be giving our speech to the people. Are you ready?" Roger asked as he fixed his tie.

I nodded my head. We were currently in the Royal Tent near the Assembly stage for the Festival. Anastasius and Claude were in their separate but nearby tents. Roger only had to drop by and visit me before our Grand Entrance.

"Of course I am, Roger. Unlike you, I do not need to practice my lines a hundred times," I replied with a chuckle. "Why are you so nervous anyway?"

"Well, to start with... it is our Engagement Party. It'll be our first appearance as an engaged couple, Odette."

I shrugged. "Nothing's changed between us, so get rid of the awkward tension. Let's act all sweet around each other; isn't that what they want to see?"

"We'll need to announce the date of the wedding, Odette. Doesn't that frighten you?"

"It does, but..." I paused.

I do love Roger, I really do.

I love him as a friend, though. Like the way I'd love my bestest friend-- which is Lillian York. He's been there for me ever since we were just little kids. He gave me a sense of reassurance; that whenever I was with him, I'd be safe. And that's what I loved about him. Roger knew the risks of each scenario so we were always out of danger; he calculates every possible outcome in his mind and thinks of a solution to it.

He is, after all, Anastasius' Royal Adviser. I wouldn't expect less of him.

That is why Roger is still one of the most practical choices in terms of marriage. He comes from a noble family, he's smart and practical, he's sweet and even though he hates to admit it himself... he's popular with the ladies.

"But what?" he asked out of a sudden, making me snap out of my thoughts.

I held his hand reassuringly. "I've got it all figured out. So stop worrying, Roger!"

"I know it's extremely unlikely of me to get so nervous about things. It's just that.. this concerns the whole Empire. Everyone's watching."

"Oh, now you're making me nervous."

His eyes widened. "Sorry, Odette."

I laughed. God, Roger was always such a gullible person. I remember teasing him all the time, especially when we were young. It seems that nothing has changed.

"It was just a joke." I confessed and then intertwined hands with him. "I think you need to get some fresh air so that you can calm down."

"W-wait, we need to get ready!"

I pulled him to the exit. "Live a little, Roger. Let's go outside."

----------

I locked my arm with Roger's as we walked down the Hunting Site. There were plenty of noblemen setting up their tents, while most of the ladies were gathered together having tea. There were plenty of people who greeted me and offered a few gifts.

"Will you be competing in the first day of the Hunting Festival, Princess?" a nobleman asked me.

Before I could answer, Roger kindly smiled a them.

"The answer will be revealed in later's Initiation Event, sir," he replied. "why do you ask?"

"We wanted to give a good luck charm to Obelia's Princess, just a simple gift as she joins the Hunting Festival."

A good luck charm? How sweet. "You could give it to me later, sir. No worries!"

"Yes, she is correct." Roger referred to me. "We'd also like to give out a few good luck charms to our fellow hunters. Would you want one?"

The exchange of charms were considered a simple yet very meaningful gesture to your opponents. It meant unity and sportsmanship-- but usually, the ones who exchanged charms were ladies who wished their significant other a good luck.

"It'd be an honor, Duke Alpheus! Both me and my wife are competing in the first day of the Hunt, so we will need all the good luck."

As usual, Roger engaged in the conversation and professionally maneuvered the interaction. They talked about the current state of women, and how Obelia was becoming a more progressive and diverse Empire.

"My wife greatly thanks you for your contributions to the Empire, Princess Odette." the nobleman confessed to us. "with your reforms centered on women's rights, access to education and equal power is also open to women."

"It's the least I could do, sir. I do not intend on being a Princess who is hidden in the shadows of my brother, the Emperor. I also want to fulfill my duty to the Empire."

Roger kissed my forehead. I blushed lightly at the sudden action.

"She surely makes a great Princess, hm? I am so proud of her."

I nudged him lightly. "Duke Alpheus also helped me in the revisions of my reforms. Without him there, I'd be a mess."

"The both of you are such a great match!"

Roger complimented the man. I just continued to listen to their conversation and talk once in awhile. Everything was going smoothly; the other nobles were getting ready for the Hunting Festival Initiation, the ladies were chatting, and everything was getting lively as ever. I could feel myself getting excited because this'll be the very first Hunting Festival during Anastasius' reign as Emperor.

I was just laughing with the nobleman and Roger until...

"... I have even told the Emperor to limit the use of mana during the Hunt. But he still pursued on his original plan-- and that is to fully maximize mana as a weapon. Though, of course, it will be heavily guarded."

The nobleman agreed with Roger. "Mana can be considered both an advantage and disadvantage depending on the user. Surely, the Emperor has thought this through. Speaking of which, is that the Emperor from afar?"

"Huh? Where?" I asked and raised an eyebrow.

"I believe he is over there... I think, but I am not quite sure. My vision is blurry."

I turned my head and surely enough, it wasn't Anastasius. No. But it did look like him from a glance.

Roger shook his head. "Nonsense, the Emperor is currently resting in his Royal Tent."

"It really isn't him, Roger." I whispered to him.

It wasn't Anastasius.

It was Claude, my youngest brother. He was wearing a black uniform, similar to Anastasius', and he stood tall. His hair was styled differently; much more neat compared to his usual. He wore a pair of white pants and black royal boots to match. At his side was Felix Robane and in comparison to Claude... well, at least Felix was smiling and greeting everyone.

Meanwhile, Claude had a poker face. Is he in his 16-year old angst phase?

Plenty of people went over to Claude and Felix. Obviously, who wouldn't? It was the Royal Prince's first time to enter High Society as a grown man now. I couldn't help but smile as I saw Claude. I am so proud of him because he's grown and learned from the last four years. It may look as if he is taller and more powerful now, but underneath that, I still believe Claude is still the same little brother from when we were kids.

That's why I simply let him be and continued my conversation with Roger and the nobleman. I knew that Claude was old enough to form relationships and connections with other nobles. Now was his time to claim his fame and power as coronation as Crown Prince is fast approaching.

I brought one of the many lucky charms and handed it to the nobleman.

"I believe that the Initiation will happen in a few moments so please, take this sir."

"Thank you, Princess Odette and Duke Alpheus!" he bowed.

"Don't mention it, sir," Roger said to the man. "I'd say me and Odette will also need some luck for this Hunting Festival. There are plenty of well-skilled Hunters here."

"I am confident that both of you will---" the nobleman paused. His eyes widened-- as if he saw someone unexpected. "Y-your Highness!"

I scanned my surroundings and saw that Claude was already nearby. He was approaching us-- or rather, me. Felix was following him, and there was even a crowd of ladies practically begging for his attention. Damn, who would've thought that Claude would be so popular with the ladies?

Roger gulped. It was his first time meeting Claude after four years and he changed a lot. I also felt that Claude had a somewhat disliking towards Roger, even back then.

"Greetings upon the Glory of Obelia," the nobleman greeted. Roger, meanwhile, bowed lightly at Claude's presence.

He simply ignored the nobleman and faced me-- my arms were locked with Roger's.

Claude glared at Roger. "Take your hands off of Odette, White Mutt."

Roger quickly let go of my arm and took a step away from me. I sighed.

"Claude, there is no need to make a fuss. There are plenty of ladies watching."

He simply shrugged and ignored my statement; he couldn't care less if there were plenty of ladies surrounding him. His eyes then landed on my hand, which had my good luck charm.

"I thought you were only giving me a good luck charm, Odette?"

Roger cleared his throat. "Me and Odette built the charms together, Prince Claude. We can give it to anyone who asks."

"I didn't ask you, Alpheus." he remarked and held my other vacant hand. He then pulled me to the side, wherein it was only just the two of us. The crowd, along with Roger and Felix, was a few meters back.

"Can't you give me a special one, sister?"

In return, I tiptoed and pinched his ear. It made him groan in response.

"Ouch, Odette! I just pierced my ears, don't do th--"

I gasped. Claude has piercings?  Even the nearby nobles that were watching were surprised. Having piercings wasn't really forbidden to men. We were just so accustomed to women wearing earrings, but Claude? I never would've even thought that he'd have piercings.

"And you didn't even tell me?" I let go of his ears with a shocked look.

Claude's poker face immediately faded and he bowed his head.

"Sorry, I wanted to surprise you with it.." he confessed in a low voice.

I facepalmed. He still is a kid underneath all the changes, eh?

"No need to hide your true reasons, I know you want to impress someone."

"I thought you'd find it cool," Claude looked away and blushed. "Do you like it?"

He brushed off his hair and there was a gold piercing entangled in both of his ears. It matched the color of the Obelian Family Crest. I chuckled softly. It suited Claude, it even made him more like a Prince. I'm not sure if Anastasius would be pleased, though.

"I love it, but you have to tell me the next time you'll get another piercing."

"What? Why?"

"Cause I wanna get one too."

Claude smiled. "We can get a matching set of piercings, Odette."

Oh? A match of piercings? "I didn't know that was a thing."

"Well, when I went to Siodonna with my Expedition, I was able to discover the variety of jewelry there. Diana taught me the different kinds, too."

Diana-- oh I remembered her! The fairy's daughter who owned the famous toy shop in the Capital. I remember them attending my Debutante Ball a few years back. If I remember well, Diana would be the same age as Claude, too.

"That's impressive, will you invite Diana to your Coronation as Crown Prince, then?"

He looked away and shrugged. The mere mention of Diana made Claude happy and if my thoughts are correct, he likes her. I smirked, nudging him lightly.

"You like her, don't you?" I teased. "I can send her the invitation if you're too shy."

"No, she's just my friend."

He was blushing more now. Oh, Claude. You really sucked at hiding your emotions.

"Okay, lover boy."

As me and Claude were talking, I heard someone approach us. It was Felix Robane; Claude's Knight. I haven't seen him ever since they first arrived in the Empire because I've been so busy. But I do remember writing to Felix when he was away, and he'd always write back a few letters too.

"I am sorry to disturb your conversation, Your Highness," he greeted us with a light bow. "but the Emperor is calling the both of you for the Initiation of the Hunting Festival. Let me escort the both of you to the stage."

I couldn't put an exact word to it, but there was this underlying tension between Felix and I. Maybe it's because I haven't seen him in so long?

"Thank you, Felix. Please escort me and my sister to the stage."

Felix cleared his throat. "Sorry, Your Highness but Lady Penelope Judith has been looking for you."

He pointed to Roger's place. There were plenty of nobles talking to him, but the most striking person in there was none other than Penelope Judith. She was there loudly chatting with others. She wore a puffy purple dress that matched the Judith Family Crest.

"I don't like her, Felix." he complained. "Didn't we talk about this?"

"About what?" I asked out of curiosity.

"That whenever Penelope Judith was in a near 20-mile radius from Prince Claude, I'd have to find a way to get rid of her." Felix said with a sigh. "It wouldn't hurt to try and talk to her, Your Highness."

I snorted. Really? Claude ordered such a thing?

"That's rude of you. Isn't she your girlfriend?"

Claude crossed his arms. "For the meantime, yes."

"And you haven't met her for the last four years?"

"I haven't even sent her a single letter. She can do what she wants."

That's.. kinda harsh. Even if I didn't really like Penelope, I guess she deserves some sort of explanation from Claude.

"If that's the case..." I replied and then waved my hand. "Hey, Lady Penelope!"

Within a second, Penelope Judith waved back and then took a notice of Claude and Felix. Her eyes widened. She then started to walk over to where we were.

Claude hid behind Felix and glared at me. "I was hoping to see her in the second day of the Hunting Festival, Odette."

"It's too late now, is it?" I teased. "It won't be that bad, Claude."

"Prince Claude!" a cheery voice was heard approaching them. "I've missed you so much!"

It was none other than Lady Penelope Judith; she wore her signature lavish purple gown that perfectly contrasted her pale skin. Her piercing emerald eyes shown a hint of happiness, and her bright red lips smiled in delight as she saw Claude. 

Claude bowed his head lightly. "Greetings to you too, Lady Penelope."

I was taken by surprised because she suddenly hugged me. 

"I was searching for the Prince everywhere, thank saints you've found him for me." she said to me. "You truly are the best sister-in-law."

Even though their engagement hasn't been officially announced to the public, Penelope still pushed the idea that they were soon to be married. Crazy, isn't it? But I can't stop her. She is way too stuck in her fantasies.

"I simply wanted Claude to formally meet you again, Penelope. It has been four years, after all. A lot has changed."

"Truly, yes!" she locked her arms with Claude's. He gave me an annoyed look. "He has gotten so tall, even taller than the Emperor, I bet! And he has grown into such a handsome man. Haven't you Claude?"

"Of course, but..." he cleared his throat and pulled away from Penelope. "If you'll excuse me, I need to greet a few foreign ambassadors."

"I can come with you!"

Claude shook his head. "There is no need. My sister can keep you company before the Initiation of the Hunting Festival."

"But--" she paused and brought out something out of her pocket. It was a black gem that radiated a mysterious aura. "This is my lucky charm for you, Prince!"

"I have a charm of my own," he pointed to his earrings. The one he got from Diana in Siodonna. How sweet. 

"Please, accept it!" 

I nodded my head to Claude. I knew he didn't like Penelope that much, but she already took the effort to give it to him.

"My brother will humbly accept your charm, Penelope. I will keep it with me in the meantime."

"Oh? Then, I shall just come with him." She insisted and simply ignored my statement. "Let's go, Claude!"

I sighed. By now, I was left with Felix. Even he couldn't follow Claude with Penelope Judith because she'd order Felix to move away. I smiled at him.

"They make a cute couple, don't they Felix?" I said out of a sudden.

It was my first time talking to him after four years. He changed a lot. He's grown taller and her features became more handsome. I couldn't even describe how I felt when my eyes locked with his. 

"It seems so, Princess," he replied curtly. "though, Prince Claude needs to fix his attitude around crowds because Lady Penelope looks like a people pleaser."

I laughed because she is a people pleaser. "Well, you got that right."

He didn't reply to me afterwards. There was a minute of silence between the two of us, a comfortable one at that. It felt as if we were just alone together, and everyone else was just... nothing. 

However, Felix broke the silence as he cleared his throat. 

"Say, Princess..." he shyly started. "would it be fine if a man were to give a charm to a lady?"

"Well, it's usually the other way around but," I shrugged my shoulders. "there's no harm in it."

"Then...." He brought out something from his pocket. "I brought you this blue rose."

Felix offered his hand to me. He held a beautiful blue rose.

"I know it isn't much. It doesn't even compete with the other charms that have been given to you but I hope you like it."

My eyes widened. Blue roses were a rarity in Obelia, and only a few could obtain such. Receiving it as a gift is a blessing itself. 

"Where did you get this?"

"In the farthest land of the Empire. It was an unexpected meeting but the rose reminded me of you," he confessed. "it was surrounded with nothing but ice and all the plants surrounding it were starting to rot. But it stood tall and strong."

He held my hand and he gave it to me. 

"It gave me hope that you, despite all the challenges you are facing as the Sunbearer, will still stand strong. I want you to remember that, especially now that it's the Hunting Festival."

"I...."

I couldn't even say a word. Blue roses were practically little to extinct at the Empire. But this? Felix gave me a symbol of hope; of life. I held the flower tightly. This is so much more than any charm that anyone gave me.

"Your Highness?"

Instead of replying, I hugged him tightly. "Thank you."

It took him a few seconds, but he hugged back.

"Anything for you, Princess."

TO BE CONTINUED.....

NEXT CHAPTER TITLE: "An Adventure with the Strongest Wizard" 

a/n felix or roger? pls pick one !  

anyway, wmmap just ended ;-; still, i'll be more motivated to continue this bcs i know that yall are also looking for wmmap fics especially now since the series is done. thanks for reading <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 147 13
Im Hwa-Young, a devoted fan of the fantasy novel cherished the character of Alethea de Alger Obelia. With an abundance of affection in her heart, sh...
50K 1.6K 18
- WMMAP | Lucas X OC - Different goals. Different memories. But same hearts. - Disclaimer: I don't own who made me a princess. -
181K 5.2K 40
Asteria de Alger Obelia is the older sister of Athanasia de Alger Obelia, and the first born child and daughter of Claude de Alger Obelia. Asteria i...