In Love with a Devil

By crescenttakami

An 18+ Attack on Titan fanfic, Levi x reader (y/n) An assassin raised in secrecy is made to join the scouts t... More

Chapter 1 - Mission
Chapter 2 - Origins
Chapter 3 - Encounter
Chapter 4 - Outside
Chapter 5 - Doubts
Chapter 6 - Secrets
Chapter 7 - Confrontation
Chapter 8 - Answers
Chapter 9 - Confession
Chapter 10 - Assault
Chapter 11 - Captive
Chapter 12 - Reunion
Chapter 14 - Strike
Chapter 15 - Hope
Chapter 16 - Triumph
Chapter 17 - Growth
Chapter 18 - Futurity
Chapter 19 - Reclaim
Chapter 20 - Crossfire
Chapter 21 - Felicitate
Chapter 22 - Vows
Chapter 23 - Passion
Chapter 24 - Departure
Chapter 25 - Beyond the Sea
Chapter 26 - Words Long Forgotten
Chapter 27 - Visitors to Allies
Chapter 28 - Love and War
Chapter 29 - (Un)Expecting
Chapter 30 - Paradis Devils
Chapter 31 - Rumors and Stipulation
Chapter 32 - Into the Forest
Chapter 33 - A Soldier's Will
Chapter 34 - What the Future Holds
Chapter 35 - Keep Moving Forward
Chapter 36 - Skeletons in the Closet
Chapter 37 - Devils of Death
Chapter 38 - Duties and Promises
Chapter 39 Heaven and Earth
Chapter 40 Into the Future

Chapter 13 - Family

70 0 0
By crescenttakami

You make your way deeper into a cave, a light shining in the distance. You hide behind a pillar and see Eren, passed out and chained to the ground. You were about to go free him, but you heard footsteps and stopped. Your eyes widen as you see Historia, wearing a long sleeve, white dress. Historia approaches the ledge, Eren now awake. He's gagged with a metal rod, and grunts as he tries pulling at his restraints.

"You're awake. It's all going to be okay, Eren." Historia says softly. Eren gives her a concerned look, unable to reply.

"My father admitted to everything... going after the scouts... killing Pastor Nick... but he only did it because he had to!! He is humanity's ally, we just didn't understand!" she continues as she looks up at Eren.

"Thank you, dearest Historia." Rod says from behind. You glare as you watch your father hold Historia's shoulder. He's already brainwashed her... she can't really believe that he's humanity's ally... does she?

"I'll explain the rest. Come." Rod says as he guides Historia up stairs that are connected to the ledge. They approach Eren from behind, making him shrug away but not being able to move.

"F-father?" Historia asks cautiously.

"It's okay, here, let's tell him everything... without needing to say a word." Rod says. He stretches his arm out, Historia mimicking him, and touches Eren's back. Eren gasps as a small spark comes out of his body. He stares straight ahead, his face expressionless.

"Do you remember now? The sin your father committed..." Rod asks as he backs away.

Historia holds her head, her eyes filled with worry.  "How... h-how could I forget? She taught me to read... she played with me... I was never alone! So how... how could I forget her??" she asks through tears.

"I think you're remembering Frieda. Your older half-sister..." Rod says calmly. Your eyes widen as you hear those words. Of course his real family cared more about Historia... she was the only one the family must have found out about...

"Seems that touching Eren made you remember those memories... memories that she had erased from your mind. Just know, she only did it to protect you, Historia." Rod continues.

"She was so kind... after Astoria left I... I had her... I need to thank her" Historia says shakily. Rod closes his eyes and wraps his arms around Historia.

"Frieda is no longer here... she was killed. By a man named Grisha Jaeger. He somehow possessed the ability to turn into a titan, and found my family while we were here, praying. He came to steal our family's power, though I cannot explain why. Frieda protected us, but she did not know how to wield her power completely... and was devoured. After taking her power, Grisha then turned on the rest of my family... I, alone, escaped." Rod explained, pain seeping through his tone.

You scoffed silently to yourself. What a sob story... Rod claimed to love his children, but then shamefully slept with his maid, forcing her to keep me hidden like a terrible mistake. Then he did it again with Historia... only this time, Alma didn't ship Historia off to the military as a child. She shipped me off, hoping I would die... So why... why would Historia believe a damn word he says- you grunt as you feel a grip on your hair, tugging it harshly. You look up and see Kenny, a sly grin on his face as he chuckles down at you.

"Well, well, well, what have we here? It's like a family reunion!" he says snarkily, throwing you to the ground. You shudder as you sit up, finally facing your father after so many years.

"Kenny?... Astoria?..." Rod says dumbfoundedly.

"Whatever you're talking about has to wait... it's a shitshow up there." Kenny says as he puts his hands in his pockets.

"Why? What is going on?" Rod asks.

"Well, turns out the scouts formed a coup d'etat. They deposed the fake king and everyone knows the truth. Yep! A true royal shitshow." Kenny says sarcastically. Rod and Historia gasp while you grin smugly, looking up at Kenny with defiant eyes.

"Tch. It's only a matter of time 'till the scouts show up. So you best get a move on." Kenny says as he glares at you.

"Very well... go take the Anti-Personnel Control Squad and defend the entrance at all costs." Rod says sternly, his gaze going back and forth between you and Kenny.

"Aw, shucks, your majesty! You sure I can't stay?? I've been dyin' to introduce you to my greatest student, Y/n! She's been so eager to reunite with you" he says as he pulls your hair again, squeezing your cheeks as he speaks.

"I cannot perform the ritual with you present, Kenny... Now please, go. I trust you... it's the only reason you're here." Rod replies.

"The feeling's mutual, your highness... Tch." Kenny says as he scoffs under his breath. He lets your hair go and walks out of the cavern.

You rise to your feet, clutching your shoulder as you stare at your father loathsomely.

"Rod... I think this is the first time we've spoken... I go by Y/n now if it's all the same to you." you spit.

"Astoria-... Y/n... I never meant for you to be in harm's way. I'm truly sorry..." Rod says sadly.

"Save it. I don't need you or your lies. The Reiss name is nothing more than a shame. Historia, let's go." you continue.

"N-no, Y/n..." Historia says softly.

"No? What the hell do you mean 'no'?" you ask, offended by your sister.

"Don't you see, Y/n? Father is our ally! He only wants what's best for humanity!" Historia cries.

"Really? Is that what you think?? What about you? If he cared about humanity, he would care about you too! He abandoned you... he sent you away to your death by making you join the scouts! How can you possibly defend him?!" you say angrily.

"You're wrong! He protected me, just like he protected you!"

"Yeah, he protected me all right... he kept me hidden away. He was so ashamed of his affair with mom that he sent me away. Then he did it to you too. Only difference is he got caught and got a say in what happened to you. It was too late for me. Alma told me everything... about my royal blood... the significance of it... Rod is using you!"

"Shut up!!!" Historia shrieks, tears welling in her eyes. You glare at her, your face twisted with anger.

"Y/n, please... Historia is here by her own will. If you so wish, you are free to go. I cannot stop you." Rod says calmly as he walks down the stairs with Historia.

"If you so much as lay a finger on her... I will gut you like the pig you are." you say threateningly.

Rod waits at the end of the stairs, holding Historia's shoulder as he looks back at you sadly. "I meant what i said... if the scouts are here, i cannot stop you if you help them. But I will not stop my goal. I'm very sorry, Y/n. i'm sorry for everything you went through... and that it had to be this way." he says empathetically.

"HIstoria, you have the right to choose your own life... but you should live a life for yourself. Not for the sake of others..." You scoff as you turn away, running towards the other end of the cave and leaving Historia behind.

Rod walks behind a pillar, retrieving a leather bag and bringing it back to the ledge. Eren remained silent, the shock from earlier rendering him speechless and motionless.

"Now, we're finally alone, Historia." Rod says as he sets the bag down.

"Father" Historia says longingly.

"This probably sounds strange... but there is a way to see your sister again... Frieda still lives on... through the memories inside of Eren. Would you like to see her again?" Rod continues.

"Yes!" Historia says, her voice barely a whisper. Rod smiles sadly and reaches inside the bag, taking out a small black box with a syringe and capsule of liquid inside it.

Eren's eyes widen and he gasps through his gag. He shouts and pulls at his restraints, remembering what his father had done to him so long ago...

"Listen up... We've got 7 people coming for us, one of them being Captain Levi. Our last altercation ended up with 12 of our own dead... they've deposed the government, so that means we're considered the fugitives now. But our situation has not changed: we fought to be MP's, then we became interior police, and now we're Kenny's elite. Dying here is more noble than surrendering. So we'll put it all on the line for Kenny's dream." Caven says proudly to the rest of the soldiers. They all position themselves on wooden planks high above ground, holding their guns and waiting for battle as Kenny walks on the ground, smiling to himself.

Levi and the others reach the church and go inside, finding a hidden hatch in the floor beneath them.

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Levi asks as he holds the latch on the floor. Everyone nods once in silence, readying their weapons. "Great... because everyone here is about to dirty their hands..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.5K 423 12
Fem reader x Levi Ackerman Y/n has been part of the Scouts for a few years now and has made friends with the new recruits (Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and t...
883K 20K 42
COVER ART CREDS; redwarrior3 on tumblr :) In modern Paradis, you've joined the survey corps three months ago, and thought you've met everyone, until...
214K 6.1K 13
(Important: DO NOT REPOST, STEAL OR COPY my work, please!) Status update: DISCONTINUED [Requests are not open anymore, sorry!] A book filled with boy...
597 70 18
⚠️⚠️!!!!!!!!!!!TRIGGER WARNING!!!!!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!⚠️⚠️ Do not even open this is you can't handle suicidal thoughts and much mor...