The Valkyrie (Rogue Cheney Lo...

By Silver-Tigress

18 year old Vivian Knight Hunter has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. S... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
New Book!!
Author's Note!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49, Filler, Showdown! Vivian VS Erza!
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 3
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 3
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
The Final Chapter

Chapter 27

611 10 1
By Silver-Tigress

Vivian's P. O. V:

I was gazing at the S-class board on the Second Floor in the guild hall as my teammates sit at a table, Natsu and Gray fighting as usual, as we chat, eat and drink, laughter spilling out from the other members who are staying back late as the sun has gone down.

My hazel eyes light up as a particular job request catches my eye and I peel it off the board before I jog down the stairs to where my teammates are sitting.

"Hey, guys. You wanna go in a job with me?" I ask, standing in front of Erza, Lucy, Charlele, Happy and Wendy, who's reading a book on medicinal herbs, causing them to look up.

"What kind of job, Viv?" Asks Lucy curiously.

I hold up the flier as I say, "An S-class job! I've been eyeing this one for awhile, but haven't had anyone to go on it with me."

Erza reads aloud as Gray and Natsu come over out of curiosity, ""Job Description: Retrieve the Crystallite. Location: Kyoshi Island. Requester: Hajime Fukui, the village chief. For the past year, our island has been attacked by a woman known as Neridah and three mercenaries from the Northern Wolves guild as Neridah has found our sacred Crystallite, a type of Holder Magic. I need a team of wizards to retrieve the Crystallite from the woman known as Neridah, and return it safely to me. Reward if succeeded: 2,067,000 Jewels."

Everyone gapes at the reward money, and I could practically see money signs appearing in Lucy's eyes as she squeals happily.

"We should totally do it! That much money could set me up for a good while with my rent!" Lucy squeals, money signs in her eyes as she clasps her hands together.

Happy teases, "Whoa, Lucy's starting to go crazy!"

"Hush, Tomcat," Charlele says.

Erza muses, ""The Northern Wolves..." They're a mercenary guild located in Fiore. They're pretty well known."

"Whoa! That much for just some crystal?" Exclaims Natsu.

"It's not just any crystal," Makarov cuts in, causing us to turn to him as he perches on the bar counter, a mug of alcohol in his hand. "It's actually a Lost Magic, worth about three gold mines."

"It's a Lost Magic?" Lucy echoes as we go up to him. Makarov nods his head.

"Though I'm afraid I can't tell you much more about it as it was sealed away in the temple on Kyoshi Island long ago. How this Neridah woman found it is beyond me."

"They must've had a mage who specialises in seal breaking," I muse, tapping a finger to my chin, before I hold it up. "Like that Kageyama guy, from Eisenwald!"

"It's definitely possible," Makarov agrees.

"So, can we take the job?" I ask eagerly.

"If you're all willing to go as a team..."

"Yeah, I'm up for it," Says Gray, smirking.

Natsu grins, clenching a fist. "Heh! You can count me in!"

Lucy adds enthusiastically, "I'll go! We can get the money for rent!"

The others chime their agreement and Makarov nods his head in acceptance. "Very well. You may take the job request. Just be careful."

"We will, Gramps!" I say as Mira signs us off.

"Good luck, guys!" The Takeover mage calls as we leave.

"We'll meet at the train station to head for Hargeon in half an hour," I tell my teammates. They agree and we split off to our respective homes to prepare for the job.

                      🗡🗡🗡

The next morning, my team and I arrive in Hargeon, the sun shining down on the city. I'd called Rogue on his communication lacrima last night before leaving about our mission.

He'd simply said he loves me and good luck.

"Alright. We just need to find a boat that'll take us to Kyoshi Island," I say with my hands on my hips as we gaze around.

Natsu immediately starts at that as he asks nervously, "W-We have t-to take a-a boat?"

"Yeah. How do you think we'll get to an island?" Lucy asks rhetorically. Her eyes then regain money signs as she clasps her hands and bounces on her feet. "We're gonna get some money! We're gonna get some money!"

"She seems pretty gung-ho," Gray says, smirking.

"I was gonna say crazy," Happy feels the need to say, holding up a paw.

"Shut it, cat!" The Heartfilia snaps, expression turning into a pout even as she glares.

"Well, I'm super excited about going to this Kyoshi Island! I've never actually been there before, but from what I hear, it sounds incredible," I say. "This job will be a piece of cake!"

"Now you seem to be getting gung-ho too, Viv," Gray says, sending me his smirk.

"I just hope she doesn't go crazy like Lucy," Happy snickers.

"Shut up, cat," I snap. "It's just been a good long while since I last went on an S-class mission. Especially with you guys."

"Well, I think it all sounds exciting," Wendy says, smiling.

"Remember, we are dealing with dangerous criminals, child. Don't let your guard down," Charlele reprimands her.

"She's right. This Neridah woman appears to be highly dangerous," Erza inputs with a nod of her head.

Natsu already looks motion sick even though we haven't stepped foot on the boat.

"Oh, Natsu, it'll be fine! I'm sure Wendy can use her Troia spell, so quit complaining," I tell him as I hold out my hands with a shrug and start forward. "I'm off to get us a boat. I'll be right back."

I ask around for some to take us to Kyoshi Island, but just about all of them refuse, saying something about it being cursed because of some magic crystal.

I return to my teammates to report to them and Natsu cheers about not having to go on a boat.

"Alright! Looks like we're swimming!" He cheers, only for my to whack him upside the head as Lucy and I shout at him.

"We're not swimming for seven days!"

Natsu flinches and tries to say, "But! There's no one to take us!"

I say as I gaze around, "We'll figure something out if it's the last thing I do..." I feel my eyes light up as they land on a pirate ship docked a few feet away. It was massive, too, like one of those fancy ships with large sails. "Bingo!" I stalk towards the ship, seeing a man with an eyepatch over his left eye at the wheel, a bunch of other men milling about.

"A pirate ship?!" My teammates exclaim wearily.

"I don't like where this is going..." Adds Lucy as she trails off.

"Come on," Erza says, following after me with her cart of luggage.

I stomp up onto the boat and ignore the men working on deck as I face their captain, who has shoulder length brown hair in a ponytail, an eyepatch over his right eye and a jagged scar across his nose. "You there! You're the captain of this ship?" I ask.

He raises one eyebrow. "What about it?"

"I need to request that you take me and my team to Kyoshi Island. We have a job there we need to complete."

"Kyoshi Island? No way! I ain't taking you there!" The Captain snaps back.

"Well, there's no one else who's willing to take us," Erza says curtly.

"Sorry, Missys, but we ain't going anywhere near the cursed island!" The captain says.

Erza and I exchange glances, a devious look glinting in our brown eyes. I then point with my finger as I count twenty men on deck, including the captain.

I ignore the others who notice and are getting nervous watching us.

                       🗡🗡🗡

It was later in the afternoon after we'd sailed for several hours and Natsu is slumped over the railing with motion sickness, when the captain speaks up.

"So, err, why do you wanna go to Kyoshi Island anyway?"

I reply as I turn my head from my spot standing on the prow, hand gripping the rope for balance, "I told you: we have an S-class job to complete. We're to retrieve the Crystallite that was stolen by a woman named Neridah. It's a powerful Lost Magic—highly dangerous."

Around the deck are the unconscious bodies of the captain's crew—his name is Levi Ackerman. Erza and I had our own way of convincing him to take us to the island by knocking out Levi's crew and cracking our knuckles with our scarlet and pink magical auras swirling around us, which had totally freaked out Wendy, Gray, Happy, Natsu and Lucy while Charlele had just sighed in exaggeration.

Gray says as he leans against the railing near Natsu, deadpanning at me and Erza, "I still can't believe you two knocked out an entire pirate crew just to get them to take us to Kyoshi Island."

"Desperate times call for desperate measures, Fullbuster," I retort smoothly, causing him to sweat drop.

"What do you know of the Crystallite?" Lucy inquires as she rubs Natsu's back, Wendy's spell having worn off awhile ago.

Levi responds as Erza sits on the steps leading to the deck with her back to the railing, one foot propped up, "Not much. Just that anyone who's tried to seek it out has lost their minds trying to find it."

"Probably because it was well protected before this Neridah woman came," Happy says, standing next to Charlele.

"Let's just hope that the chief of Kyoshi Island will be able to tell us more," I murmur as I gaze back out at the water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.8K 1.7K 37
A girl. Lost. Abandoned. By two dragons. Her Mother and Father. She's a puppet. His puppet. Emotionless. A puppet without her strings that connect h...
20.8K 380 30
Lucy had lost her memories when she was young. when she turn 18 she get her memories back and her mate what will the guild said,will they turn there...
136K 4.3K 84
"You shine so brightly, yet you're shrouded in so much darkness." --- Kira Ferilia, a member of the guild Fairy Tail, finds herself to be entangled w...
488K 14K 182
"rαe ĸιɴɢ ιѕ α ѕweeт ɴαмe, ιѕɴ'т ιт? yeт ѕoυɴdѕ ѕo dαɴɢeroυѕ." After years going on numerous jobs, finally Rae King, the Dark Enchantress is back. Wi...