The Bumping Accident

By Flash2497

Megan woods is a 24 year old millionaire. She owns one of the biggest clubs in town. She has a close circle o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
For you, Anything

Chapter 38

20.7K 834 204
By Flash2497

Avery's POV

Two months later

I got called to work this morning and since my parents were out of town and couldn't make it back in time I dropped off Olivia at Megan's house. I just had to sign a few papers so it didn't take long.

I park my car in front of her house and get out. I use my key to open the door and take my shoes off.

"Megan?" I call out.

"I'm in the living room." I hear her yell and I make my way to her.

When I walk in I see her on her laptop with papers spread out on the table in front of her.

"Hey cute eyes, how was work?" She asks and slightly closes the laptop.

"It was good they just needed me to sign papers, where's Olivia?"

"Your parents came back early and picked her up. Your dad said there's this birthday party thing at her daycare so they're taking her there." She responds and I nod.

"You know he still doesn't call me by my name." She adds

I roll my eyes "Ignore him."

I move to go sit next to her but hear noises. It sounds like paws hitting the floor. I look towards Megan to see if she knows what the noise is and she quickly looks away.

"What's that noise?"

"What noise? I don't hear anything." She's avoiding eye contact.

I hear the noise getting closer to us and reach out to grab a cushion. I hold it in front of me and wait.

A few seconds later I see little legs coming into the living room and then I see the puppy. A golden retriever.

"You got a dog?" I ask surprised.

"A dog? What dog? I don't see anything."

"Megan I left you two alone for like three hours and you get her a puppy?"

She looks back at me and looks at the puppy.

"Oh look there's a dog in my house, we should keep it don't you think? It looks lonely."

"Megan." I groan and sit next to her.

"It's not my fault Olivia was looking at me with her big eyes and pouting. Was I supposed to say no?"

"Yes. Now she's gonna want to be at your house all the time." I reply.

"What's so bad about that, you two can move in."

To be honest we technically live here anyways. We're both here all the time so it wouldn't be a bad idea to make it official but we need to have a talk about it first.

Before I can respond to her the doorbell rings.

"Are you expecting someone?" I ask.

"Yeah my brother and the three musketeers found out I got a puppy. I mean I kind of called and told them so now they're here to see him."

"It's a boy?" I question and she nods.

She gets up and looks at me.

"I love you."

It will never get old hearing those words from her mouth.

"I love you," I reply. "But we will talk about this." I gesture to the dog.

She rolls her eyes and picks the dog up and puts it on my lap. Then she makes her way to the door.

I look down at the puppy and pet it.

"Where is he?" I hear Harper ask. A few second later she enters the living room and jumps and sits next to me.

"I can't believe she didn't get me a monkey but got a dog." I hear her mumble as she pets the puppy and I can't help but laugh a little.

Everyone else walks in a few seconds later and they all start gushing over the puppy.

"What's his name?" Sam asks.

"Thank you for asking Sammy, Olivia named him Woody. Not sure why but she did." Megan shrugs.

"That's cute." Lily says and Courtney nods.

We all start talking and just hanging out after that. Sam and Megan are playing chess at the dining table. Harper and Lily are talking with each other on the other side of the couch and Courtney and I are talking on the other.

Our conversation gets interrupted by a phone ringing.

"Cute eyes I think that's my phone, it's right next to you. Can you put it on speaker for me Sammy has a habit of cheating so I can't look away."

"Hey that's not true." Sam says and Megan rolls her eyes.

I nod and grab her phone. I don't recognize the name, the contact name is just KX. I answer and put it on speaker.

Megan's POV

"I'm watching you don't cheat." I mumble.

"Shut up." He replies.

I see Avery answer the phone and I wait to hear the person.

"angioletto, come va tutto?" I hear the voice speak in Italian and I freeze.

Oh fuck. Everyone's conversation stops and they're all looking at me. This wasn't how I planned this. It's like I'm frozen in my spot.

"Kai?"

"Have you already forgotten your Italian?"

"non dimenticherò mai." I roll my eyes even though she can't see.

"Good, angioletto. Now come open the door for us."

I don't even have a chance to reply because she hangs up. Fuck fuck fuck.

"Did she say us?" I ask out loud and shrink back into my seat a little when I see everyone's eyes on me. I find Avery's and I can't read anything from her expression

Garrett couldn't have called them because if he did he would have gave me a warning they were coming. This also wasn't planed because Garret is my head of security so he would have known they were coming.

Who could have called?

I look at my brother and see that he has a smile on his face and it suddenly hits me.

"You called." I point a finger at him and he gets up form his chair. Sam is the only one who has their phone numbers.

What could he have possibly told them that made them come here?

"Told you I'll get you back for calling mom." He answers and makes his way towards the door.

"Stop! don't open the door." I quickly get up but he's already gone.

Avery has stood up from the couch. I make my way next to her and she's just looking at me. It's too late to try to stop this now.

"I'm sorry." I whisper next to her and hear the door opening.

"Megan Alexander Woods." I hear Hazels voice yell.

"Your middle name is Alexander?" Avery asks.

I'm shocked that that's her first question but I nod anyways. She has a blank expression and that honestly scares me.

I quickly look around the room and everyone has confuse expressions. I hear footsteps and bring my attention back to the front of the living room.

Hazel is the first one to enter with Kai right behind her. I look behind them and Daniel is also following after them and Garrett is right on his tail.

Daniel is Kai's head of security.

"You." Hazel points at me and I take a few steps back.

"Hazey we can talk about this."

She shakes her head and marches to me, "Don't Hazey me."

Garrett is coming up from next to her fast and when she realizes she speeds up. When she gets to me she slaps me across the face.

Why do I always get slapped?

"Ouch okay I deserve that." I reply holding my face. Garret quickly passes her and stands in front of me.

"You're a little too late I already got slapped." I whisper so only he can hear.

"Be glad that I'm standing here at all, she's scary when she's mad." He whispers back.

"You know I can hear you right? Get out of my way Garret." She says.

I look at Kai and she's just looking at me amusedly.

"Kai, ferma tua moglie." I say and she shakes her head no and keeps smiling.

"No don't do that not even speaking Italian can help you now." Hazel informs me and try's to get around Garrett. Thank god he's strong.

Kai and Hazel have been married for 4 years and Hazel still doesn't understand Italian.

"Come on amore, let's give her a second." Kai finally speaks.

Hazel scoffs and takes a step back and stands next to Kai. Daniel is a little behind them.

"Gary go say hi to your brother." Kai gestures towards Daniel but Garret doesn't move.

"Garrett don't make me repeat myself." Kai says in a tone I know too well and he turns around and looks at me.

I nod and he moves and goes towards Daniel.

"I will deal with you later." She tells him as he passes her by and he visibly gulps.

I look at Avery and there's so many emotions visible in her eyes and I just want to grab her and hug her.

Then I look to my right. My friends have all sat down next to each other on the couch along with Sam just staring at us.

"So where's my daughter?" I ask looking at Hazel trying to distract her since she still looks like she will blow up any second.

Before Hazel can respond Kai steps forward. "Don't change the subject, you and I need to talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 10.7K 24
(gxg) Ava Conte is a 24-year-old woman with a promising future. Most of the time, she's kind, caring, and innocent. She has a boyfriend and feels her...
325K 12.7K 33
Sofia Xavier and Olivia Woods grew up together. From childhood friends to lovers, they had everything until things came crashing down, and they went...
516K 14K 72
|was titled sky evans| Twenty-two-year-old Sky Evans born and raised a New Yorker finds her way towards a new job opportunity working a the most wel...
2.8M 71.2K 76
Avery is back in her hometown, after she moved away to LA with her mom. After her parents divorced her mom thought it would the best if they get away...