How To Win A Husband ✔️

By zizi1720

Han Goeun, a noble lady in the Joseon era, lives with expectations heavy on her shoulders. Although it feels... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Epilogue

Part 40

3.2K 140 2
By zizi1720

With a palanquin and our 3 horses, we set off to Hyunwoo's place to pick them up. There they stood with a few bags in hand, and a playful baby by their side.

"Good Morning Lady Dasom, I'm glad you guys came to this decision." Holding the palanquin open, I waited for her to get in but she stood frozen still. "I wouldn't dare to get in, I-I'm merely a commoner."

"Trust me, I would not want to walk on foot for a week with a baby." Although she protested, I managed to put her in before getting on my horse. Brother simply stared at me before getting on himself.

As we galloped through the forest, he attempted to start a conversation. "You changed a lot sister"

"How so?"

"You used to be calculative when speaking or taking action. You're more.. expressive now, as if you found your own color."

Smiling, I also agreed with him. "When you go back home, please don't add me into the story when explaining yourself. I'll come over once I send a formal letter to give notice of my visit."

Staring back at the road, I let out a sigh, despising the fact that the ride back will be so long.

------

A week passed by and we finally arrived. I promised myself that I will never go on such long trips again. From a certain point, everyone dispersed on their own ways to go back to their homes where I said goodbye to my brother and his wife.

Seeing our own place made me feel so happy, Yohan even noticed the difference in my attitude. Going inside, I rushed over to meet Areum after not seeing her for a whole month.

"My Lady!" Areum brightened up at our arrival before running into my embrace. "How was your vacation?"

That question made me want to puke remembering all the things we went through. "It was....quite different compared to how I imagined it to be" Leaving it at that, I didn't want to go over the details again.

"Areum, could you send a formal letter saying that we will go to my parents' house in a few days time? I bet they are in utter chaos right now" chuckling, I could already picture mother's reaction to everything. Nodding, although curious, she silently left to carry out her job.

Night quickly approached as me and Yohan sat at the balcony drinking tea like the old couple we were. We didn't realize how much we took the peace and quiet for granted so here we were, doing nothing but relaxing.

We were both wrapped up in a blanket since it was really cold outside, but the sky view looked magnificent, too good to miss. Humming a random tune, I quietly sipped my tea as Yohan was reading a book.

Soon enough, the sound of muffled voices entered my ears, piquing my interest. Following the sound, my eyes landed on the young soldier and Areum standing next to one another closely. He was the same boy who had helped me look for Nari a while back, so it was easy to recognize him.

Putting down my cup, I leaned closer to the ledge, watching their little interaction. With a basket in her hand, she was trying to feed him something while he backed away a bit, his face clearly flustered. Smirking slightly, I let them do their own thing.

"That scene looks awfully familiar" his gaze on them as well, he stifled a laugh, glancing over at me a few times.

"Come on, you know I wasn't that clingy. In fact, I knew how to give you space when you needed it." The events of the time we didn't contact each other for three months still made me scoff in disappointment.

"I didn't realize my lady gets upset easily" My body got enveloped in his blanket as he swayed us side to side.

Leaning into his embrace, I closed my eyes in bliss, grateful for how far we have come.

"What do you think life has in store for us?" Staring up at him, I watched as his lips curved into a smile that I knew of too well. "Babies?"

Smacking his arm lightly, I followed along with his teasing. "How many would you like then?"

He held up three fingers, only to watch me as I pulled down a finger so it became two instead. "I cannot handle that many kids, I don't trust myself"

"That's why you have me" He showed me three once again and I shook my head no. "How will you take care of all of us if you go off to battles? That won't work"

Both of us stared at his finger seriously, as if someone was forcing us to make a decision right this instant. Sighing, I turned around before giving him a light kiss on his forehead. A hum of approval came from him as his grip on my waist got firmer.

"Is this kiss meant to tell me that we should start on our baby number one?" I felt myself being lifted easily as a giggle escaped my lips.

"No.. but I'll be the one to pamper you tonight" whispering in his ears softly, I started to roam my hands around his body, catching him off guard with the unexpected playful actions. Fondling with the string that keeps his shirt together, I felt as his muscles tensed up, his eyes a bit hazy in expectation.

"So you want to take the lead this time?" We kept eye contact as I felt his fingers take out the hair pin as he undid my braid carefully.

"I'll take the lead right after you take us inside. I don't think I can carry you there" wrapping my hand around his neck, I watched as he took us inside, laughing at my newfound confidence.

Tracing up from his jawline to the area behind his earlobe, I placed little kisses everywhere, using my tongue to suck and lick gently. Blowing a bit in his ear, I smiled in satisfaction as he let out a shiver in delight. "We should first set the mood... General" He swallowed his laughter as another emotion bubbled up inside both of us.

The tea on the table seemed to have been forgotten as it turned cold next to the half-open book in the corner. Oh well...those can be continued on another day

----

Many months later

"You need to push my lady! Take a deep breath and exhale before trying again!"

Grunts and cries could be heard from outside the door as I felt traumatized hearing them. We came rushing to the palace after hearing of Hyerin's labor beginning and I wanted to support her during this difficult time but it turns out I'm the one who needs reassurance.

"Her highness will be fine, Yul is in there as well. We just have to be patient" Yohan put his hand on my thigh to stop me from shaking my leg nervously.

"At this rate, I think I will be okay with only one pregnancy" mumbling to myself, I didn't realize Yohan heard me until he said "It is your body, your choice Goeun. I won't allow anyone to force you otherwise"

Smiling at that, we both waited and Yohan came up with many things to talk about to let time pass. "Do you remember what you got me for my birthday?"

"hmm, I made you a warm scarf since you lost yours and couldn't find it anywhere."

"You embroidered little hearts on the bottom.. did you think it matched my style?"

I crossed my arms before nodding my head. "I heard you wore it proudly in front of your soldiers. Doesn't that mean you liked it?" The corner of his lips turned up, and I knew he was going to say something to try to woo me again.

"I like to show off whatever my wife gives me"

"But what about that lucky charm I gave- it"

"We do not speak of that" shushing me in the process, both of our heads turned to the closed door once we heard a baby's cry echoing through the halls.

"She did it"

Prince Yul came out from the door with his hair messy and a bit sweaty. If I wasn't aware of what was going on in there, I would've assumed that he was the one who went through labor.

"Well.. he did something I guess" Yohan got up before giving his friend a hug, congratulating him. These were one of the rare times where I saw them showing affection like this, so I watched from a distance, letting them do their thing.

I waited for a while, making sure that the baby and his mother was cleaned up before I entered quietly. Hyerin still looked like her cheerful self despite the fact that she went through excruciating pain just a while ago. I wonder how mothers jump back into action right after giving birth. I would need to take a week off from everything and everyone just to gather back my energy.

"I'm so proud of you Rin-ah, how are you feeling now?" Sitting down next to her, I watched as she cradled her little one in her arms gently. He was so tiny and fragile, I don't think I would be able to hold him without panicking a little.

"It felt like my lower half was being ripped apart just a while ago but I seemed to have forgotten all the pain once I saw him for the first time. I still can't believe I'm a mother now"

"I-" before I could speak, an elegant woman with a few ladies behind her came rushing in, without even notifying us.

"Let me see my grandson, how is he? They said he's perfectly healthy right?" Realizing that this was the queen, Hyerin's mother in law, I bowed my head before quietly making my way to the door.

Looking over at Hyerin one more time, I smiled before waving a little, which she replied with a nod. I had mixed emotions to how her mother was reacting, just caring for the baby and not Hyerin herself. It seems palace life is still complicated no matter how happy we are. However, we still show our respect towards them because of their social status.

Making my way out of the palace grounds, I let out a sigh of relief, to which Yohan noticed immediately. "What's bothering you?"

"If I say the air, would you still fight it for me?"

"Of course, what you want, I will get" He somehow still comes up with better answers to my jokes, making me amazed every time.

"You better not get a concubine later on in our life."

"What's with the sudden possessiveness?" Linking my hand in his, I watched as he was grinning from ear to ear.

"I've become really greedy lately. I need to keep all this affection to myself." Walking to the palanquin, he waited for me to get in before saying "If this is what you call being greedy, then I don't mind it one bit"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 223 42
The crazy Emperor wants to kill me because he thought I was his wife that betrayed him. *** Suddenly, he drew his sword, pointing it directly to my v...
593K 28.3K 96
To the country she was born to, she is Princess Le-anne, bastard child of the king. To the empire she is sold to, she is Lady Wei Li Lian... the trai...
27.2K 1K 20
"I have a proposal," Banye purred. "There's something I want from you." He Lian's eyes glittered. She'll do just about anything right now. Her though...
21.1K 852 22
*04/06/2024 - 4th place in the Category 'Ex-boyfriend' 'A story of a girl in love with a boy who's in love with her best friend, and even with her fe...