𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓, goss...

By crudelior

spotted: upper east side's golden girl having an affair with her best friend's brother who happens to be enga... More

𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭.
𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐲
━ 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢
𝟏. 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐨𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭!' 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝟑. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝟒. 𝐛𝐨𝐨, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝟓. 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐟𝐬
𝟔. 𝐠𝐰𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝟕. 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲!
𝟖. 𝐛𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐠𝐰𝐞𝐧
𝟗. 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝟏𝟎. 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲
𝟏𝟏. 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚
𝟏𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟑. 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝
𝟏𝟒. 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝟏𝟓. 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝, 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝟏𝟔. 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝
𝟏𝟕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟖. 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲
𝟏𝟗. 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐩𝐚
𝟐𝟎. 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝟐𝟐. 𝐨𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞!
𝟐𝟑. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝟐𝟒. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐫𝐚
━ 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐢

𝟐𝟏. 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲

3.4K 148 13
By crudelior

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏; 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲
(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘪, 𝘦𝘱 𝘹𝘹𝘪 - '𝘴𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨')

𝐆𝐖𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐔𝐃𝐆𝐄, so it was no surprise she soon mended things with Blair, Serena, and Nate. All it took was a couple of meaningful words from the girls and a red velvet cupcake as a peace offering from the Archibald boy. Gwen wasn't proud of having given in so easily — especially since she knew Blair and Serena wouldn't change their selfish ways —, but, when it came to the ones dearest to her heart, the Vanderbilt girl easily ignored reason. So much so that she couldn't help but accept to be one of Maureen's bridesmaids. Lord knows, how Gwendolyn wanted to say no — Trip's far from being a dear cousin just as his fiancé was far from being bearable —, but Grandfather was right there and Gwen couldn't possibly disappoint him by recusing family. Now the Vanderbilt girl had no choice but to endure dress fittings and wedding rehearsals with a big (fake) smile on her pretty face.

"Look at you two!" Gwen exclaimed as soon as she saw Nate and Blair passionately kissing in front of St. James church. An astonishing change from a year ago when Nathaniel believed himself to be in love with Serena and B went and got herself entangled with Chuck... Well, people do change it seems. "Displaying public affection, and Nate is not even whining about it?" the Vanderbilt girl teased. "You really have matured from a year ago, cousin. I'm proud."

The couple detached from each other to face the girl grinning at them. "You've been hanging out with my brother way too much." Blair complained with a roll of her coffee-colored eyes.

"Probably." Gwen's grin widened even further at the mention of her boyfriend. She missed his incredibly annoying and charming self more than she liked to admit — especially since they'd seen each other less than a week ago.

Nate chuckled at his cousin's antics, he was glad they were on good terms once again. "C'mon, let's go." he beckoned the girls towards the church's interior where the Vanderbilt clan awaited.

Gwen always admired the gothic architecture of catholic churches, each detail carefully crafted in a way the place seemed to have come out right out of a history book. A majestic venue, of course, but not a romantic one. Shouldn't a wedding happen around romance? Well, then again, true love weddings among the filthy rich are a dying occurrence so, evidently, majestic easily overpowers romantic in these pompous lands.

"Can you guys please remind the attendants not to seat me behind Caroline Kennedy?" the Waldorf girl asked the cousins as the three of them walked down the church's aisle. Gwen stopped analyzing her surroundings and glanced at her best friend with a raised brow. "She may be American royalty, but that woman is a giraffe."

Gwendolyn laughed softly and was about to reply when her phone vibrated in her blue Channel blazer's pocket and as his name appeared on the screen all voices from the real world were muted to the girls' ears.

ᶠʳᵒᵐ  ɴɪᴄᴋ <3
what did the ocean say to
the other ocean?

ɢᴡᴇɴɴɪᴇ
what?

ɴɪᴄᴋ <3
nothing they just waved

ɢᴡᴇɴɴɪᴇ
of course...

ɴɪᴄᴋ <3
did u sea what i just did there?

ɢᴡᴇɴɴɪᴇ
nope

ɴɪᴄᴋ <3
i'm shore you did

ɢᴡᴇɴɴɪᴇ
i can't believe i chose
to date u of all people

ɴɪᴄᴋ <3
don't be such a beach

ɢᴡᴇɴɴɪᴇ
shouldn't u be in class
or smth mr. funny guy?

ɴɪᴄᴋ <3
i'm bored
ur dad keeps glaring at me
maybe it wasn't such a
smart move to start dating
my professor's daughter

ɢᴡᴇɴɴɪᴇ
hahahah
u think, sherlock?
i'm shore dad is just putting
on a tough act to intimidate u

ɴɪᴄᴋ <3
well, it's kinda working...
also
I SEA WHAT U DID THERE!!
damn... i love u sm

ɢᴡᴇɴɴɪᴇ
u r so weird
i love u 2

"I got into Columbia." Nate's revelation reached Gwen's ears and she almost dropped her phone.

"What?" she and Blair uttered in unison, both surprised yet there was a different intonation in their voices.

"I got into Columbia." the Archbald boy repeated. "What were you talking about?"

"Oh, nothing." B shook her head quickly trying to recompose herself, Gwen was intrigued to know what was wrong with her friend but she couldn't say she regretted not having listened to the couple's previous conversation — Nick's texts did make some infamous butterflies fly in her stomach.

Deciding to give the Waldorf girl more time to get herself together, Gwen stepped in between the high school sweethearts and threw herself into her cousin's arms giving him a tight hug. "Oh, my God, Nate! That's awesome!" she truly was happy with his accomplishment, how could she not be? "We can go to college together! This is so exciting."

"Yeah, that's amazing." Blair finally said with all excitement she could muster, which, by the way, wasn't much. Nate didn't seem to mind though. "I didn't even know you applied."

"Well, I just wanted to see if I could get in without any family help, you know, as Gwen did." he pointed at the girl standing right next to him, who only gave him a tight-lipped smile in return. As much as Gwendolyn wanted to brag about getting into Columbia on her own merits, she feared her mother's mere existence had a big influence on her acceptance. Vivienne's success reflected brightly on the University she graduated from, especially with the generous donations she granted them. "I mean all my grandfather had to do to get me into Yale was just make a phone call and..." Nate added making Blair's face fall and Gwen had to elbow him before he said anything else. "I'm sorry." he at least was quick to apologize.

Yale was a sore subject to Blair, and it'd continue being so for a while. One can't just get over the collapse of their dreams so easily, especially when one's Blair Waldorf. "It's fine." the brunette brushed it off and smiled like she had been doing so often these days. "I'm so happy for you. So that means no Yale?"

"No, honestly, I'm torn."

"You should go to where you want to go, Nate, grandfather will understand." Nathaniel knew Gwen was trying to ease his worries, but she did just the opposite. William Vanderbilt might've understood and approved her choice of University. With her angelic face partnered with genuine kindness as well as a bright mind and, not to mention, an infinite list of accomplishments, Gwendolyn Vanderbilt was their grandfather's pride and joy. These days, Nate was more like the prodigal son than the golden boy people expected him to be.

"Blair. It's so sweet of you to come." the bride approached the trio putting an end to their subject.

"Yes, it's going to be so beautiful." the Waldorf girl replied with a sweetness that only appeared when she wanted something.

"I have some disappointing news." Maureen announced with an insincere smile. Already so clearly ready for the plastic life of politics that awaited her Gwen wanted to scoff. "The Whitney Junior Committee felt you were too new on the scene. They chose Elizabeth instead."

"Your bridesmaid."

"Give it time. When it comes to these things it takes a while to start to matter." the woman finished and turn around leaving the rare sight of Blair Waldorf agape.

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, Maureen had to pick her bridesmaids from a list provided by my grandfather." the Archbald boy assured his girlfriend even though he didn't fully understand how important a position on the Committee was to her. "I better go." he looked behind his shoulder to see everyone getting ready in their designated places. "The rehearsal's starting."

"Oh, okay." Blair smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. While Nate simply pecked her lips oblivious to her troubles, Gwen began to see right through her best friend.

"C'mon, Gwen." the boy called his cousin, as she was being awaited as well.

"I'll be right behind you." she dismissed him and wait until he was out of earshot to speak with Blair. "I understand losing Yale is hitting you hard, and you're allowed to feel as bad and miserable as you want about it." Gwen began. "But I really hope you didn't let that crap Maureen said get into your head. 'It takes a while to start to matter'?" the girl scoffed at her soon-to-be cousin-in-law's arrogance. "Who does she think she is? Just because she's marrying Trip doesn't mean she's suddenly the almighty queen. If anything, it's her loss because he's a jerk and the last name she is so excited to flaunt is more a curse than a blessing." G stopped herself realizing she was rambling. In her defense though, she'd been dying to complain about Maureen to someone. "Sorry, that's not really the point." she cleared her throat and Blair arched a brow at her. "You're Blair Waldorf and you matter more than Maureen or the Whitney Committee ever will. Please, keep that in mind, and don't let them get to you just because you're not in a good place right now."

"Gwendolyn!" William Vanderbilt's authoritative voice echoed through the church.

"I gotta go." the Golden girl sighed.

"Yeah yeah, I'll just wait here, with the rest of the commoners." Blair murmured defeated.

-ˋˏ ༻ 🎾 ༺ ˎˊ-

𝐈𝐅 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐓 he would stay forever away from his father and his manipulative nature. However, he figured weddings and birthdays should serve as a neutral ground where he'd put his aversion towards William aside in order to face the rest of the family with his head held high — just because Ed wasn't a politician didn't mean he wasn't just as successful in his career as a professor. Besides, Gwen was always involved in the Vanderbilts' events, certainly, it was his job as a father to watch her back in the den of lions. So with a simple phone call, Gwendolyn convinced her dad to attend the dinner rehearsal with her. The girl would never admit it, but it was a conversation with her grandfather that inclined her to do so. William Vanderbilt was determined to maintain his people under his watchful gaze where they could be contained and guided if necessary.

"I'm just saying, dad, the tough act it's not in fashion anymore." Gwen scolded her father who was quite proud of himself for having succeeded in intimidating his daughter's boyfriend. "It's the 21st century, I'm your daughter, not a property. Besides, if Nick ever gives me trouble I'll end him myself." she finished with a smirk.

Ed chuckled. "I have no doubt of that, sweetheart."

"Ah, it's great to see you're having a good time, son." William approached the father and daughter duo making any trace of amusement leave Edward's face.

The professor straightened his back and glared at the man he despised, there were a bunch of comebacks he could've given the old man, but his daughter was right there. Ed had to give her a good example and take the higher road. "Father." he tipped his head in acknowledgment. "How are you?"

"Extremely glad to finally see you, Edward." the patriarch placed a hand on his son's shoulder. "It has been what? Eight months? I think the last time I saw you was at your brother's birthday."

Ed nodded, having a hard time coming up with more small talk. Luckily for him, Gwen, always the savior, noticed her father's despair and didn't hesitate to rescue him. "The place is looking splendid, grandpa." she complimented knowing it was definitely his money that got everything to look so luxurious. "I love all these flowers."

"I'm delighted to hear that, dear." the old man smiled at his grandkid, leaving his son be for the time being. "There's an old friend of mine who—"

The clinking of glass interrupted William's words and also grabbed the attention of every guest attending the dinner. Nate stood in the middle of the room in his dark grey chalk stripe suit holding a champagne glass, a look of determination on his blue irises.

"Well, good evening. Most of you know me, I'm Nate Archibald, Trip's cousin." he began. "When Tripp asked me to be the best man at his wedding, I was a little bit surprised, to say the least. But I guess grandfather told him to choose me and that was that, so..." the guests laughed at what seemed to be an innocent joke. "But we all know how important family is for William Vanderbilt." Nate's speech was going smoothly. "But what we don't know are the many secret ways he helps us all out." then it went downhill. "For instance, today I discovered he was the one who had my father investigated by the authorities." the boy let out a dry laugh and open his arms exasperatedly. "And if he cares so much about family then why did he destroy mine?" Gwen glanced at her grandfather pop-eyed, she knew he wasn't a saint but that was a low blow even for him. "So I guess the lesson here Tripp, old buddy, is: watch your back." Nate raised his glass and finished his toast. "To family.

Edward shook his head from beside Gwen, as he watched his father fume at Nathaniel's little speech. "It wouldn't be a Vanderbilt family event without a bit of scandal." he pointed out bitterly and gulped on his champagne.

A/N
i'm really sorry, i never meant to go so long without updating but this last semester of uni truly kicked my ass... thankfully, now it's over i have time to try to update more frequently.

also, i want to give a big thanks to all of you who continued to support this story while i was busy suffering through college, tennis court has 50k views and my mind is truly blown 🤯🥹 thank you sooo much 🥰❤️

ps: btw i started a social media fic with chris evans if anyone wants to check it out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 321 17
What happens when Lilly Otto twin of Taylor becomes the main target for drama. The boys harassing her the, girls hating her thinking she would steal...
185K 3.6K 35
You've survived the scandal of a lifetime and still managed to come out on top. You may be one of the most successful woman in the world, but you sti...
22.4K 614 29
Follow the life of Manhattans one and only Christina Bass, as she navigates the world of the Upper East Side. oc x Nate I also do not own any of...
12.3K 411 20
When Veronica Astor returns to the Upper East Side to comfort her best friend only to fall in love with said best friend's boyfriend, Nate Archibald...