When They Came [Under editing]

By rosetulip05

Started : April, 2022 Completed : September, 2022 _________________________________ Boring, lonely and simple... More

Chapter 1- Alone
Chapter 2- Kidnapped
Chapter 3- They don't love me
Chapter 4- Joke
Chapter 5- Shopping
Chapter 6- Escape
Chapter 7- Lost
Chapter 8- Torture
Chapter 9- Nothing
Chapter 10- Accepted
Chapter 11- Celine
Chapter 12- French fries
Chapter 13- Back to School
Chapter 14- Bank robbery
Chapter 15- Star gazing
Chapter 16- Surprise
Chapter 17- Dylan and Hailey
Chapter 18- Ruth
Chapter 20-Welcome back, Celine
Chapter 21- Ignorance
Chapter 22- Broken Bracelet
Chapter 23- The news
Chapter 24- Arguement
Chapter 25- Bye Charlotte
Chapter 26- Pregnant
Chapter 27- Promise
Chapter 28- I am back
Chapter 29- Snow
Chapter 30- Happy Birthday
Chapter 31- Amusement Park
Chapter 32- The truth
Chapter 33- Parents
Chapter 34- Dad's mafia
Chapter 35- Wool
Chapter 36- Sorry
Chapter 37- Be my girlfriend
Chapter 38- Be careful
Chapter 39- 14 Days
Chapter 40- Nightmare
Chapter 41- Kidnapped again
Chapter 42- Doom
Chapter 43- Dark room
Chapter 44- Casper
Chapter 45- Farther away
Chapter 46- Forgive me
Chapter 47- Cruel and Heartless
Chapter 48- Terrible
Chapter 49- Broken promises
Chapter 50- Goodbye Casper
Chapter 51- Back home
Chapter 52- Funeral
Chapter 53- Love you enough to let you go
Chapter 54- The End
Bonus Chapter- Forever his
Another bonus chapter

Chapter 19- Love just happens

1.8K 62 11
By rosetulip05

Max was getting discharged from the hospital after 2 days. The bleeding had started again but he was fine now.

Thankfully his ribs weren't broken and we got him to the hospital in time. He's still suffering weakness so the doctors have adviced him to rest.

Zack and Liam have gone to get him while Damien, Ruth and I are at home.

Speaking of Ruth, she's a really nice company. She's tough and isn't afraid to speak what's in her mind.

She's basically like a female version of Zack.

She told us about her past life. Her mother had passed away when she was 12 and she's been living with her dad since. She had stopped going to school after her mother's demise so her dad had hired private teachers for her.

They had recently moved cities and she did not have any friends here. Her dad was forcing her to marry his business partner's son once she turns 18 so finally she ran away from her house.

"Is he a robot or what?" Ruth whispered to me while nodding at Damien who was looking out of the window with an emotionless face and his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"He misses Celine and wants her back." I whispered back to Ruth.

We had told Ruth all about us as well. It was fair since she told us about her life. Ruth was living with me in Celine's room. It was so good to finally have some female company.

"All four of these guys are weird. How do you live with them?!"

"They are all great in their own ways." I chuckled.

I was staring at Damien while Ruth was going on and on about how these guys are so weird.

"I mean, they live in the middle of a freaking forest! Actually I really like this house though." She concluded.

"Why is that?" I asked her still staring shamelessly at Damien.

"It's away from people. I hate humans." She replied.

"You're a human too."

"Ugh.. I know."

Damien suddenly turned away from the window and his eyes locked with mine. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. There was something about his eyes that I just can't stop staring at them.

Damien gave me a sweet smile before going towards the kitchen. I felt my cheeks burning. He smiled at m-

"Did the dead body just smile at you?!"

I choked.

"Dead body?!"

"That's how he acts like." Ruth shrugged.

"He's hugged me... Twice! Kissed my forehead once, chuckled at my expressions, laughed because of me! He's so handsome! He's just...perfect! Do you know he took me to a hill top and he said that I was the first person he took there! The way he stares into my eyes... I just get so mesmerised and can't look away no matter how much I try to. Everytime he's looking or smiling at me or everytime he's near me, my heart just starts beating so fast and I can't control but blush! He's just too-"

"Jennifer! Relax!" Ruth stared at me. "I know you like him, but relax." 

"How do you know I like him?!"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"Well, it's true! I like him. I like him a lot! Heck, I may even love him! But I know that I shouldn't! He already has a girlfriend who he loves so much! But Ruth, everytime I try to suppress my feelings, they just keep growing. I can't help myself."

Ruth placed her hand on top of mine and looked directly into my eyes.

I thought she was going to give me some advices to control my feelings or tell me to confess to him but-

"Seriously Jennifer? You had four guys, Okay, one of them you consider your brother, but.. You had to fall for the one who's already taken?!" She deadpanned.

She's right.

I know.

Just then, the silence of the house was interuppted by Max and Liam arguing about something while Zack entered rolling his eyes.

As soon as I saw Max, I got up from the couch and ran towards him, already feeling tears line the corners of my eyes.

I jumped on Max and hugged him tightly. He stumbled a few steps back due to the force and chuckled before wrapping his arms around me.

"I am so happy to see you fine again." I sniffled.

I didn't even realise that I was already crying.

Max rubbed my back, trying to calm me down.

"Did you guys really thought I would die so soon? I mean, c'mon! There's so much I have to do in life like- living in a huge house near the beach with my 9 cats till the age of 85. I won't go so soon."

"I am serious, Max!" I sobbed.

"Jennifer, it's alright. I am alright. Please don't cry, sis." He said in a soft voice.

I pulled away from him and smiled. He made a weird face at me and I burst out laughing.

"Now that's the Jennifer I like!"

Ruth greeted and shook hands with Max before properly introducing herself.

"I can't believe you guys went on a kidnapping mission without me!" Max dramatically wiped a fake tear from his cheek.

"We didn't told you to go to that lake alone and then get beaten up half to death." Zack rolled his eyes.

"Please, don't remind me about that." Max frowned.

***

The next day we went to school while Max and Ruth stayed at home.

Ruth needs to have a fake identity before she could come to school otherwise her father would easily find her.

I was going towards my locker but two girls blocked my way. They were staring at me coldly and before I could ask them to get aside, one of them spoke up.

"You don't deserve to hang out with those guys, Jennifer. I mean, look at you, you are ugly-"

"I didn't know you had a mirror on your face, Jennifer." Zack said before swinging his arm around my shoulder.

He gave a brutal glare at the girls in front of us while they were nervously fixing their hair and clothes.

I looked from Zack to the girls then back at Zack while he continued glaring daggers at them.

"What did they say to you, Jennifer?" Zack finally said, breaking the tense silence. His cold expression softened as he looked at me.

"We were just telling Jennifer how lucky she is to hang out with guys like you." The other girl nervously replied.

Zack raised his eyebrow, asking me if that was true. "She's lying. They just told me that I am not worthy of hanging out with you guys." I said.

Zack's glare resembled that of a predator's, which was enoigh to make anyone's soul to just evaporate.

"We are sorry, Jennifer. We won't bother you again. Bye." And the two of them sprinted away from there.

Zack didn't even had to open his mouth to shut them up.

I wish I had that super power.

Zack looked at me while I chuckled at those two girls who ran away from here like scared cats.

I glanced over at him to find him intently staring into my eyes.

"Your eyes are so beautiful, Jennifer. You are so beautiful." He whispered.

I was taken aback from what he'd just said. He seemed to have realised what he said too, because he nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "I mean, don't let what others tell you about your looks get to you." I smiled and nodded at him.

"Hey, Zack. I wanna talk you for a minute." Alexander, the basketball team captain and Ashley's ex boyfriend came up to us.

"Sure." Zack replied. He bid farewell with me as they both went away to talk, probably about the upcoming basketball match.

I sat with Liam in biology class and he seemed to be lost somewhere in his thoughts.

"Ruth is so awesome, right?" He suddenly asked me, making me choke on the water I was drinking.

Once I caught my breath, I stared at him as if he had three eyes. "What?" I asked.

"I think I like her."

"You barely know her."

"Is it always necessary to know someone before falling in love with them?"

I thought about it. I still don't know much about Damien yet I like him so much. We don't talk as much but just a simple smile from him, makes my heart go crazy.

"Well the rational part of my brain denies but according to my heart it's not always necessary to know someone before falling in love. Love just.. Happens. You can't control it."

"Exactly!"

***

At home, Ruth was making a chocolate cake for us while Liam and Max were helping her.

'Trying' to help her.

She said she really likes to make different desserts and wants to have a bakery of her own one day.

Well, only she was working because Liam was just admiring her while Max was rambling about random things and laughing at his own jokes. Zack was still in school, practising for his upcoming match with the team.

Damien was sitting alone on the couch, so I thought about joining him.

"Hey, Damien." I smiled at him.

He returned the smile but just as I was about to reach the couch, I slipped and fell on Damien. His face was just inches away from mine. My eyes were widened and my cheeks flushed. My hands were resting on his chest while his hands were on my hips.

I quickly got up and sat beside him. "I am so sorry!" I said while covering my face with my hands.

Why are you so clumsy, Jennifer?

Damien chuckled and removed my hands from my face. "It's alright. How was school today?" He asked.

"It was.. Fine." I shrugged. "What about you?"

"Just like everyday. Nothing special."

We were chatting as if nothing had happened before and I was glad otherwise it would have been so awkward.

***

"It was heavenly! The best cake I have ever had!" Liam exclaimed, complementing Ruth for her cake.

It was actually delicious. She could really become a great baker.

"I know." Ruth rolled her eyes playfully.

"So, as I said, I will help in getting you guys the remaining 4 million dollars." Ruth said, catching all our attention. "But I have a condition."

"And what's that?" Zack asked.

"You will let me live with you guys."

"Of course you can live with us!" Liam grinned.

We all agreed. Liam looked so happy that Max was giving him weird looks.

"You Okay, Liam?" Max asked, raising an eyebrow.

"More than Okay!" Liam grinned widely.

"So, how are you getting the money?" Zack questioned.

"My mother left me a necklace worth 5 million dollars. We can sell it and-"

"No, Ruth! We won't sell your mother's necklace." Damien cut her off.

"Yes, Ruth. It's so nice of you to offer that but we can't-"

"Damien, Jennifer. My dad had gifted that necklace to my mother just before her death. Trust me, it's alright if we sell it. It's not the last thing my mom left me. This bracelet that I am wearing, she had given this to me before she left us. This bracelet is much more precious to me than that necklace."

"But, Ruth-"

"Please, I really want to help you guys."

We all looked at each other. Damien didn't look happy. He wanted the money for Celine but not like this.

"Guys, I am telling you, it's alright." Ruth insisted.

Damien went over to Ruth and put his hands on her shoulder. I felt jealousy surge within me.

I looked over at Liam and he looked just as jealous as me. 

"Thank you so much, Ruth." Damien said before giving her a soft smile.

Good, he didn't hug her.

Great, actually.

"So, where is that necklace?" Zack asked.

He's always down to business.

"In my house."

"And how are we getting it?"

"We are stealing it."

We all stared at Ruth but she gave us a serious look.

Alright then, first an attempted bank robbery, then a kidnapping and now- stealing an expensive necklace.

What has your life become, Jennifer?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 15K 50
All rights reserved. ~ ~DUAL POV~ ~ Azalea and Aiden have never gotten along. Despite the absurdity of it, they have been rivals since birth. But...
1.3M 32K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
3.6M 89.7K 54
"I don't like him." I murmur against his lips. "It's only ever been you, Noah." He continues to kiss me, his hand now caressing my cheek gently. "H...
136K 4.4K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...