Hero-ish (Completed)

By BlackAbnegation

In a world where having a superpower is as natural as breathing, sixteen year old, Amanda Jones cannot make h... More

Superhero?
His Name Was Cameron
Friend
Something Amazing
Late Bloomer
Consciences Suck
Brothers...
Hospital
Make Overs Coffee Machines and Brothers.
Mortal Girl
Finally Understanding
DON'T RAPE ME!!
We aren't the only ones?
Lock-Down!
First Bad Guy!
Special Bullet
They're Back!!
Crack!
Being Sold
The truth
Mortal

No more Secrets...

123 8 5
By BlackAbnegation

Chapter 6:

Amanda's P.O.V.

I woke up to my alarm clock... I didn't even turn it off. Five minutes later, My mom rushed into my room saying for me to get up, but I blocked her out. She threatened to get the cold water, but I didn't care... I just sat there... Depressed.

"Cameron. Cameron. Cameron."

I couldn't stop thinking about Cameron, he was my motivation. I don't understand why though, I've only known him for a couple of days. I got out of the bed and got ready, not even bothering to fix my hair. I have never, ever wore my hair down... Never, ever. I slowly waited for the sun to come up... Then I left shortly afterwards, not even packing a lunch. I didn't ride on my fly board, but instead of using my powers, I walked to school.

I could tell that my mom and dad were worried about me. I wore my hair down, I didn't pack a lunch, I didn't wake up, and I didn't fly on my fly board.

"Mortal Girl is depressed, Guys!" Austin yelled.

"Come look at this, She isn't 'flying'!" Trevor used air quotations as he yelled.

"What's wrong, mortal girl?" Marcus asked with fake concern.

"She is ignoring us..." Jacob said with fake sadness.

Those boys are horrible, they torment me every single day. I may not have my powers but I am a living thing also. Right when I passed them, a cat came flying around, trying to get away from a super speeding dog. Even animals have powers! Cats have the flying power, Dogs have super speed, and fish have the power to basically become a siren and so on.

I heard other people talking about and to me. I ignored everyone and everything, just walked and walked, silently. I could hear footsteps running behind me, I sniffed the air, Cameron. His sent was mixed with mint and pine, I could never get tired of it. I turned my head slightly to find Cameron walking with a bright smile.

He looked at me and his smile faded,

"What's wrong?" He asked me. "Did something happen to you?"

I shook my head and walked slightly faster. When we finally got to school, I walked to my locker and got my things I needed. When I was done, Cameron and I went to the roof, our special spot, because we had twenty more minutes till we had time in class. I inhaled the fresh air, and exhaled carbon dioxide. From the roof you can see people scurrying like ants to get to their lockers before they are late.

I laugh at the sight, then remember what my 'mother' said.

"I really wish you were my daughter, I really do."

Why was it affecting me? I banged on the railing and I think I dented it. They raised me, Loved me, and were the only ones who cared besides Cameron. I love them, and they love me, that is all that matters.

"Yes!!" I screamed as I did a fist pump.

Cameron was very confused but didn't even ask why. When it was time to go to homeroom, we jumped off of the roof and landed on the ground, ninja style. We ran into the building, arriving into homeroom right when the bell rang. We sat down in our seats. Then we went to our lockers, everyone but Cameron was confused to why I left my fly board at my house. Hehe everyone is in for a huge surprise.

"Jones! Why don't 'cha have your board?" Mr. Brooks yelled across the room. "I heard 'cha left it at home!"

"I got my powers..." I whispered in his big ear. "But don't tell anyone, I want it to be a surprise."

He jumped up into the air, after hearing that I finally gotten my powers. When he returned to sanity, he got a serious face on and told us to start flying but kept his eyes on me. I nodded, and jumped high into the air and flew around everywhere. I was surprised when I saw Cameron right beside me.

"Wait, how many powers do you have?!?!" I asked.

"Ummm... Every single one..." He replied.

I ran into a pole, best way to impress a guy, right? He looked at me in a worried manner and waited for me.

"WHAT!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!?!?" I screamed.

I screamed unintentionally, but I'm pretty sure that everyone on the face of the earth heard me. Cameron didn't even twitch but nodded. I put my palm on my forehead and kept flying. It was hard for Cameron to keep up with me... I didn't care though, like why wouldn't you tell your best friend something this important? I slowed down after a while because he looked like he was about to pass out.

It was second period and instead of making catchphrases, we watched a movie and socialized.

"Are you still mad at me?" Cameron asked me with the puppy lip, "Because I wanted you to like me for me... And not some person with more than one power."

"Well, no. But please don't keep any more secrets away from me." I said calmly.

He nodded and looked back at the movie, not a care in the world. I was looking out the window and watched the squirrels fight for food and 'wrestle with each other'. That's when the teacher stopped the movie and said,

"That's all for today students, we will watch the rest tomorrow!" She said with enthusiasm.

We left the classroom and went to third period, P.E.

Cameron's P.O.V.

After she finally went to sleep, I became pretty tired so I took a shower and skipped my precious ramen (Now you now how bad she felt). I just laid in my bed and waited for the sleep to overcome my thoughts. Eventually I fell into the soothing darkness.

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Bang!!

I immediately woke up to the 'Bang!' Noise. I lifted my head from the comforting pillow and saw that my clenched fist on the now broken alarm clock. I just got up and put my favorite song on repeat, Honey, I'm Good by Andy Grammer. Eventually I started singing...

Nah Nah,
Honey, I'm good,
I could have another,
But I probably should not,
I've got somebody at home, home, home, home,

I started making some breakfast and using utensils as microphones and danced around goofily everywhere.

It's been a long night here,
And a long night there,
And these long, long legs are damn near everywhere,
(Hold up now),
You look good, I will not lie,
But if you ask where I'm staying tonight,
I gotta be like oh baby, no baby, you got me all wrong baby,
My baby's already got all my love,

Right now I'm just dancing around the whole apartment, letting my cereal get all soggy and nasty.

So Nah Nah honey, I'm good,
I could have another but I probably should not,
I've got somebody at home and if I stay I might not leave alone,
No, honey, I'm good,
I could have another but I probably should not,
I've got to bid you adieu,
To another I will stay true,
(Oo, oo, I will stay true),
(Who, who, I will stay true),

Cereal still soggy. Poor cereal.

Now better men, than me have failed,
Drinking from that unholy Grail,
(Now check it out),
I've got her, and she got me,
And you got that ass, but I kindly gotta be like,
Oh baby, no baby, you got me all wrong baby,
My baby's already got all of my love,

Soggy, soggy cereal.

So nah nah honey, I'm good,
I could have another but I probably should not,
I've got somebody at home and if I stay I might not leave alone,
No, honey, I'm good,
I could have another but I probably should not,
I've got to bid you adieu,
To another I will stay true,
(Oo oo I will stay true),
(Who who I will stay true),

I think I woke up the whole apartment complex. Did I? Oh well.

Oh, I'm sure ya, sure ya will make somebody's night,
But oh, I assure Ya assure Ya, it sure as hells not mine,

I'm tired.

Oh no, honey, I'm good,
I could have another but I probably should not,
I've got somebody at home,
And if I stay I might not leave alone,
No, honey, I'm good,
I could have another but I probably should not,
I've got to bid you adieu,
To another I will st-,

My beautiful off key voice was interrupted by the door banging,

"SHUT UP!! WILL YA!! I DON'T CARE IF YOU CAN STAY TRUE!! JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!"

I chuckled and apologized to Mr. McConner. After that, I ate the surprisingly non-soggy cereal. I got ready for school and left. Instead of her riding her fly board, AJ walked to school, Odd. I just ran behind her, trying to catch up to her.

A few seconds later, I see her sniff the air and turn her head to the side to see confirm it was me. Then she turned her head back to the front and kept walking, rude. But I kept smiling at her but when I looked at her and my smile faded,

She had bags under eyes, she was slouching, and she didn't have her hair up.

"What's wrong?" I asked me. "Did something happen to you?"

She just shook her head and walked slightly faster. When we finally got to school, She walked to her locker and while I got my things. When I was done, AJ and I went to the roof. She inhaled the fresh air, and sighed. I just watched the people below us talk, fight, and scurry to their lockers.

She laughs at that and goes back to being serious. I decided to not read her mind since she doesn't want to tell me, she doesn't want me to know. She suddenly banged on the railing and she dented it.

"Yes!!" She screamed as She did a fist pump.

I was very confused but didn't even want to know. When it was time to go to homeroom, we jumped off of the roof and landed on the ground, James Bond style. We ran into the building, arriving into homeroom right when the bell rang. We sat down in our seats. Then we went to our lockers, everyone but I was confused to why AJ didn't have her fly board.

"Jones! Why don't 'cha have your board?" Mr. Brooks yelled across the room. "I heard 'cha left it at home!"

AJ whispered something in his ear and He jumped up into the air. When he returned to sanity, he got a serious face on and told us to start flying but kept his eyes on AJ. She nodded, and jumped high into the air and flew around everywhere. She looked so surprised when I was right beside her.

"Wait, how many powers do you have?!?!" She asked.

"Ummm... Every single one..." I replied thinking that she needs to know.

She ran into a pole, being so... surprised? I was so worried but I just waited for her to get up because I know she's strong.

"WHAT!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!?!?" She screamed.

She screamed unintentionally, but I'm pretty sure that everyone on the face of the earth heard her. I didn't even twitch but I nodded. She put her palm on her forehead and kept flying. It was hard for Me to keep up with her... She didn't seem care though, but I don't see what there is to be mad about. She slowed down after a while because I probably looked like I was about to die.

It was second period and instead of making catchphrases, we watched a movie and socialized.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked her with the puppy lip, nobody can say no to the puppy lip. "Because I wanted you to like me for me... And not some person with more than one power."

Lie.

"Well, no. But please don't keep any more secrets away from me." She said calmly.

*Fist Pump*

I nodded and looked back at the movie, I was so happy. I didn't even pay attention to the movie and just thought about how alike she is with her past life self. Then the teacher stopped the movie and said,

"That's all for today students, we will watch the rest tomorrow!" She said with enthusiasm.

We left the classroom and went to third period, P.E.

A/N: Hey guys, it's Lyana. I'm been pretty tired lately for some reason. I don't feel to great about myself all the time like I used to. I don't want to get to much into it but I just want you to know that I haven't been posting for a while, for a reason. Sorry for the inconvenience. Comment if you see any mistakes, Vote if you liked, and Follow if you wanna read more.

Yours Truly, BlackAbegnation A.K.A. Lyana😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 192 30
Olivia Martin was a quiet, 17 year old. She has had two best friends by her side through everything. Well, mostly everything. Amanda Brookes absolute...
370 21 14
Jake has it rough. There's not really any other way of putting it. He's constantly made fun of and beaten up by bullies, and the fact that Jake is th...
394K 11.7K 28
Cover by @daniella-lavonne ~~~~ "You're a nerd you should know the answer" he said inches away from my face "And what if I don't?" I answered cr...
14.1K 154 26
ON HOLD, Hailey is a pretty average girl if she says so herself and she is and outcast she has a loving family but no one in the pack likes her unti...