𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑨𝑹 • γ€Œ 𝑲𝑡𝒀 𝑿...

By starrysnite

β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝ π™’π™π™šπ™§π™š.. π™©π™π™š π™π™šπ™‘π™‘ 𝙖𝙒 𝙄? ❞ βˆ˜β‚Šβœ§β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€βœ§β‚Šβˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-f... More

Intro !! Woohoo !!
Your Bitchass Woke Up Late
I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore..
WHAT THE HEL- Wait Nvm It's Only A Chipmunk
Exercising - Your Worst Enemy.
As Dumb As A Roc- Boulder.
Worst Cooks In Ameri- Japan
Mr. Fox Beats Your Ass
Cancelled Sabito On Twitter
Surprise Party
R.I.P., Tanjirou's Long Hair
Old Friend
How To Kick Balls: 101
Sleepover
Haganezuka With The 'Tude
Kazumi Worries For Your Bowels
In The Depths
a/n (not rly tho, just me complaining)
Fedora Fucker
That's A Lot Of Damage!
Disney Princess
Overdramatic
Enter: Boar Bitch
Eeny Meeny Miney Moe...
Sherlock Holmes
Knee Murderer
WikiHow: To Flip Off A Lower Moon
Hang In There! (Literally!)
The Hashira's Reenactment Of Judge Judy
You Threatened.. Muzan Kibutsuji?
Get That Away From Me!
Pathetic Attempt At Charades
Mission Impossible!
Girls Don't Fart
Six In The Morning
Wakey Wakey, Eggs and Bakey!
Resentment
Truths Revealed
You Screw Yourself Over
Haganezuka Throws A Tantrum
Au Revoir!
All Aboard!
Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite!
Trouble In Paradise
Eyes Opened
Let's Make A Deal
Reunited At Last
Traitor
Bitter Goodbyes
Zombie
A Father's Love
You Turn Into An Old Man
Welcome to New York Cit- Welcome to a random ass city in the Northwest!
Awkward Conversations 101
Shenanigans But Make It Fancy
Getting Blackmailed By A Toddler! Whoopee!
Who Doesn't Love Getting Slammed Into Fourteen Walls?
Second Guessing
Eli Having No Sense Of Direction
The Return of The Psychopathic Swordsmith
Revealing The Truth
Life Without You
Enter: Flamboyant Bitch
Mission Impossible-er
Flashy Lights
Inosuke Goes Through Puberty
Another Day, Another Blackmail
Meeting
Eli Gets Extremely Humbled
DΓ©jΓ  VuοΏΌ
Disoriented
Slandering Eli, Pt. 2719
im alive !! woo!! (a/n)
The Emergence
That One Britney Spears Song
Broken Record
Enter: The First Wife
Lucky Is She
Karma, Bitch!
Missing
At Long Last
His Perspective
After The Storm
Heart to Heart
Slipped Out
Room Arrest
The Great Ice Cream War - Chocolate Vs. Vanilla
Training Dummy
Not-So Sleeping Beauty
No Ifs, Ands, Or Buts
Into The Village
Mohawk Boy
Read The Room
You're Not Schizophrenic, Are You?
The Key
A Puny Crow Kicks Your Ass
Fucked Up Version Of Excalibur
Oh No, He's Hot!
Oogies!
Somebody, Fix The Wifi..
You're Single, Aren't You?
Hips Don't Lie!
In Which: You Drown Like The Titanic

The Hardest Thing

1.1K 93 178
By starrysnite

double update again !!
woot woot !!

u guys are lucky i didn't leave u in suspense for too long 😈

in other words, u all better prepare urselves for this chapter because.. man it's rough 💀

not gonna lie this is definitely the most emotional and angsty chapter i've written yet LMFAAOO

good luck🤭

WARNING : Swearing, Blood, Violence

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Time had seemed to slow down.

Tick.
Tock.

Eli had been your best friend for a long time. Hell, it's been so many years you've lost count. But one thing you could never forget was when you both met for the first time.

It was in kindergarten, and you two were put into the same class. You were separated from (B/N), who was in a different class than you. So naturally, you didn't really attempt to socialize with anyone.

But Eli, being the overly outgoing and annoying kid he was, had approached you one day. Then the day after that, then the day after that, oh and of course, the day after that and so on.

Surprisingly at first, you hated him. And wanted nothing to do with him. But he didn't let up, being the stubborn person he was. Day after day, he would start random conversations with you, despite you showing no interest whatsoever.

But as time went on, you began to grow close to him, and soon enough, you two were attached at the hip. You practically did everything together. At that point, you grew up together.

You each never got into any 'real' fights either. Yes, you'd bicker and tease eachother 24/7, but it never got to the point where you were genuinely mad at eachother.

He was there for you whenever you were at your lowest, and you were there for him whenever he was at his lowest. It was like he was a second brother to you.

Of course, you loved (B/N) to death in the modern era, but you had always lived in his shadow. You'd be forced to maintain extreme expectations you could never meet. You'd live in total stress, 24 hours of a day, 7 days a week. But with Eli, it was none of that whatsoever. You felt you could be yourself around him.

He was the one who helped you escape your shell. He was the one who you had your first sleepover with. He was the one who would gossip to you about so-and-so's new haircut and how goofy it looked.

If you had never met Eli, you'd never be the person you were today.

But as you stood frozen in.. was it shock? Or fear? Or maybe even guilt? You didn't know.

But as your feet suddenly became planted into a singular spot on the ground, and as you could only merely watch as your best friend get completely impaled, not once, not twice but three times in the back..

..a little bit of you wanted to shrink into a ball and cry.

No.. a lot of you wanted to shrink into a ball and cry.

Tears involuntarily spilled from your eyes like a river as you instantly began to panic.

Your breathing accelerated rapidly as you felt your lungs inflating like a balloon, ready to pop at any moment. Your heart began to beat like a high-speed drum, which had no intent on stopping anytime soon.

Your throat became hoarse as you let out a scream, calling out for Eli. Only it came out inaudible to your ears. The only thing that you heard was a high pitched ringing that vibrated your eardrum.

The hallway you stood in that seemed oh-so stable, suddenly began to spin at the speed of light. You watched in horror as Eli's body became limp, and dropped to the ground.

Thud.

Blood stained his tuxedo as it created a pool of blood beneath him quicker than you thought.

Your grip on your sword loosened, and you almost dropped it entirely.

Until a sudden burst of anger surged through your body. Oh, you weren't only beyond enraged with Katsu, you were also angry at yourself.

Maybe you could've prevented it if you didn't stop your technique? Or maybe if you didn't let Katsu reach Eli?

Where did you go wrong..?

You gripped your sword tighter than you ever had, as you let out a loud cry. You couldn't even control what you were doing at this point, your raw emotions were the ones controlling you.

The warm atmosphere around quickly morphed into a cold one. The bun in your hair had come undone, and you watched as your hairpin hit the floor with a thud.

But you didn't care.
Your hair began to swing in the suddenly windy air.

You glared at Katsu with pure lividness in your (e/c) eyes before maintaining a battle position.

Katsu returned the glare, speaking in a sadistic tone, "Oh.. look what you did, (Y/N). If only you had come with me willingly.. what a shame. Now look.. your little friend paid the price! Sad, isn't it?"

You spoke in a low, yet cold tone, "Star Breathing, Eighth Form, Ruinous Star."

You dashed forward at the speed of light, before jumping up into the air. You swooped down onto Katsu, releasing simultaneous slashes onto him.

You made it as painful as you could.

You started with his hands, then his feet, before working up to his legs and arms. Then at the end, you hacked off his neck with ease.

The thing you didn't realize yet, was that the form you had used, was the most excruciating form of Star Breathing.

You turned around to face Katsu, who had begun to let out a bloodcurdling scream in pain. His body had burst into white flames, which had started to burn him from the inside out. It was anything but a merciful kill.

Katsu let out a scream directed towards you, "DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU!! I COULD'VE BEEN PROMOTED TO AN UPPER MOON! THAT MAN WOULD'VE GIVEN ME A GOOD AMOUNT OF HIS BLOOD IF I HAD ONLY BROUGHT YOU BACK!! AAGGGHHH!! HOW COULD Y-"

You stomped on his head, spraying blood over your high heels in the process, "SHUT UP!!" You continued to do so, letting out all of your rage, grief and sadness onto his head, "FUCK YOU!! FUCK YOU!! FUCK YOU!! I HATE YOU!! I HATE YOUU!!"

At the worst timing possible, Zenitsu had snapped out of his sleep. He blinked multiple times, "(Y/N)-chan! Are you oka-" The scene had finally set in for him.

First his eyes caught Katsus now deteriorating body, which was being burnt from the inside out with a white flame. His eyes then trailed over to you, who was repeatedly stomping on Katsus head with no remorse whatsoever. He instantly heard your body in a total state of panic. Finally, he averted his vision to Eli's bloodied body.

His voice trembled as he spoke, "What.. the hell.. happened..?"

You blatantly ignored Zenitsu, stabbing your sword into Katsus chest, "I HATE YOU!! I FUCKING HATE YOU!!"

Zenitsus eyes widened as he cautiously stepped towards you. To be frank, he had no idea what the hell was happening. The only thing he remembered was seeing you fly out the second floor, but after that, he remembered nothing whatsoever.

He became extremely worried for not only Eli, but for you as well. Just by listening the slightest bit, he could tell that you were practically in shambles. He had never heard such an amount of rage expel from you.

He was so used to your gentle, soothing sound that came from you. He had never expected for you to let out this much rage and grief on one demon. One of the many things that worried him though, was that you showed no remorse to Katsu whatsoever.

You were the type to experience sympathy for demons, and you had never shown such an extreme amount of hate towards one. So hearing this from you for the first time, it honestly scared him.

He reached out a hand on your shoulder, "(Y/N)..?"

You snapped your head towards him, and what he saw made him extremely taken aback.

You were full on sobbing, and tears were running down from your puffy eyes. Blood was staining your forehead and slightly knotted (h/c) hair.

Your voice shook with fear, "Z-Zenitsu! E-Eli..! Oh, f-fuck!" You whirled your head around to face Eli, immediately grabbing your sword and running towards his body. Zenitsu ran after you, "(Y/N), wait!"

You dropped down to your knees, shaking his body aggressively, "P-PLEASE..!! E-ELI!! DON'T LEAVE ME..!! I A-ALREADY LOST (B/N), I C-CAN'T LOSE YOU TOO!!"

You began to hiccup, "ELI! T-This isn't f-funny anymore.. wake up! W-WAKE UP!!" Zenitsu spoke in a shaking and low voice behind you, breaking your heart into a million pieces,

"(Y/N). I can't hear a heartbeat."

You whipped your head back to Zenitsu, "WHAT?! NO!" You then snapped your head back to Eli, your body beginning to tremble, "NO!! NO, NO, NO, NO!! DON'T DO THIS TO ME, PLEASE!!"

You reached for your sword, slicing a good four inches. You bit back a yell, but ended up wincing in the process. Blood oozed from your cut as you dripped it onto Eli's wounds.

Zenitsus eyes shook in shock, "(Y/N)! What are you doing!?"

You ignored his calls out for you, urging Eli to regain his life, "PLEASE, WORK!! PLEASE!!" After what seemed like a decade, Eli's condition hadn't seemed to improve whatsoever.

How would your healing blood work if he was already dead?

Your sobbing increased as you hugged him to your chest, "No, NO..!!" You squeezed your eyes shut, desperately trying to convince yourself that everything over the past 3 years was a dream.

That you were still in the modern era.

That you weren't bending over backwards to make sure everyone stayed safe.

That (B/N) wasn't actually an Upper Moon, and he didn't want you dead.

That Eli, your childhood best friend, wasn't laying dead within your arms.

And maybe, just maybe, you and Eli were still making fun of random people out in public.

That the two of you were still helping each other cheat on tests at school, since you both would slack off in class since you were too busy passing notes to each other.

You squeezed your eyes tighter as you began to sob even harder.

You wished this was a dream.

An oh-so cruel dream that you'd wake up from, and realize that you slept through your alarm for school.

But nothing ever goes your way, doesn't it?
It's like the entire universe is against you, and just loves to rip away everyone you ever loved.

Just when you recover from something else, an even worse thing hits you right on the face. You take one step forwards, two steps back.

When's the time that something will go your way?
Haven't you suffered enough at this point?

"N)..!"

"/N)..!"

"(Y/N).. look!"

You forced your eyes open, and was instantly greeted with a collection of bright stars.

The golden stars twinkled as they swirled around you, Eli and Zenitsu, making your hair float upwards. They released a cool, gentle breeze that somewhat calmed you.

You glanced down at your bleeding arm, which now glowed a soft yellow tone. You then observed as the cut in your arm started to regenerate itself slowly but surely, until the entirety of the wound and pain disappeared. You then realized not too long after, that both your wrist, ribs, back and head felt as good as new.

You then averted your vision to Eli, whose wounds were fully closed up. You sniffled, slightly shaking his body, "E-Eli..?" You briefly looked up at Zenitsu, who was looking down at you with a mix of awe, confusion, and shock.

Zenitsu raised his brows, "(Y/N).. what did you just do..?" You furrowed your brows, "Wh- I did this..? What are you talking about..?" Before Zenitsu could answer, you heard a voice come from your arms, "(Y/N)? Yellow haired moron? What happened?"

You and Zenitsu both whipped your heads towards Eli, who was wide awake in your arms. Zenitsu pointed a finger at Eli, "YOU'RE KIDDING ME!! THATS THE FIRST THING YOU REFER TO ME AS AFTER WE WERE BOTH SO WORRIED FOR YOU?!"

You immediately enveloped him into a hug, letting out a sob of relief, "HOLY SHIT! Y-YOU'RE ALIVE!! I WAS S-SO SCARED!!"

Eli raised a brow, "Yeah..? I am..? Why wouldn't I be..?" You tightened your hug, "WAAAAAAHH!! EELLLIIIII!!!" Zenitsu answered for you, "YOU DIED, IDIOT!! YOU WERE DEAD!! NO HEARTBEAT!! GONE TO THE AFTERLIFE!! SIX FEET UNDER!!"

You held out an arm to Zenitsu, "ZEENNIITTSSUUU!! GET IN HEEERRREE!! WAAAAAAAAHH!!" Zenitsu wasted no time into joining the extremely emotional hug, "(Y/N)-CHAAANN!! INOSUKE 2.00000!!"

Eli choked on his own spit, "WH- EXCUSE ME?! WHEN DID I-?? WHY DO I FEEL SO REJUVENATED THEN?? WHAT THE FUCKK?!"

Zenitsu once again, answered for you, "(Y/N)-CHAN'S BLOOD DID SOMETHING I THINK!! THERE WERE STARS SWIRLING AND HER BLOOD STARTED TO GLOW AND STUFF!! IT CAUGHT ME OFF GUAAARRDD!!"

You slightly loosened up your grip on the hug, "I DON'T KNOW HOW I DID IT BUT WE'RE ALL ALIIIIVVVEEEE!! WAAAAAAAHHH!!!"

After letting most of your tears and emotions out, Eli had forced both you and Zenitsu off of him so that the three of you could stand up.

Zenitsu helped you get up and onto your feet, giving you the chance to scan the surrounding area. Your eyes caught sight of a certain spot though, it was where Katsu died.

You slowly walked towards the small, burnt part of the floor, which had a jet black tuxedo laying next to it. You pressed your lips into a thin line, before turning away from it.

Although, halfway through the walk back towards Zenitsu and Eli, Zenitsu began to point a shaking finger at you, "AAH! (Y-Y-Y/N)-C-CHAN! B-BLOOD! EARS! EYES!!"

Eli mimicked Zenitsus pointing, "That.. that does not look likes it's a good thing, dude.."

You raised a brow before you cupped one hand over your ears, while rubbing another once across your eyes, before pulling them back. Low and behold, once you looked down at your hands, there was blood on each of them.

You blinked owlishly, before suddenly getting hit with a wave of nausea and dizziness. Your vision began to blur as you slightly slurred your words, "I think.. I think I might.. pass ou.."

And with that, your body hit its limit, and you were soon welcomed into the realm of unconsciousness.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Word Count: 2555

WHAT. A. ROLLERCOASTER.

I WANT YOUR HONEST OPINIONS ON THIS CHAPTER 🕵️‍♂️

this was one of the hardest chapters to write sos💀 i kept rewriting certain segments and it was just sheisnslsndakdn

anywaaaayysss, here's what i'm thinking

so after this arc, it's obv gonna be the red light district, but after that, i'm planning on squeezing 1-2 side missions

does that sound good to u all? lmk ur feedback on this 💪

see ya in the next chapter !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 3.9K 42
In pursuit of their goals, Y/N heads out to become a Demon Slayer. However, after meeting a girl named Nezuko with a secret to hide, everything Y/N t...
499K 24.8K 38
❝ My last words were 'yeet'. What a disgrace. ❞ - (Y/N) (L/N) while dying (again) on a riverbank. ~~~ After dying in a freak accident, you found your...
66.4K 1.7K 41
Discontinued. "If only I knew what would happen, I would've stop my past self..." Y/n told to herself... in a nervous tone. "Y/n-chan~ why are you ru...
18K 439 28
꧁In a world with a constant war between humans and demons, (Y/n) HagakarΔ“ is one of the many people who have experienced the horror of encountering t...